Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....
 waywardwynde
Msg: 79 (view)

Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....
Posted: 2/2/2011 12:20:04 PM
I actually have made up a word for this a few years ago; PreComposiTyping ...PCT for short.
PCT'ing is when you go off on an imaginary tangent, making up the subjects life and personality based soley on looks. It can be a brief thought or you can get stupid with it!
I've often sat and drank with a friend or two, people watching and cracking each other up with this.... truth is though, we all do this for real too...pigeonhole people based on looks.

Novelists, street cops and street sales people do that every day in their work-a-day world, and they get to be very good at predicting behavior.

Street cops are the best at it (because of the danger they might face gives them a strong motivations to "pay attention"), followed by salespeople (whose commission checks reflect how well they "pigeonhole" (your word) people. A couple thousand hours a practice a year, every year, they do notice the commonalities by dress/"look"/stance/walk/gestures/hair style/shoes/smirk///////.

Police detectives have a saying "No how good looking the egg, if it smells bad, it is."

"imaginary tangents" most usually have some basis in reality, even if we are not aware of it. Zen, if you will.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 34 (view)

Do Your Peers Ever Look Too Old to You?
Posted: 1/28/2011 5:01:29 PM
^^^LOL. I've been accused of lying about my age. -grin-

FWIW, I've never met anyone who actually "looked 15 years younger" than their age. None. But I sure have heard that story, that and 20 years and even 25 years.

Do people REALLY think that showtime is not showtime? If they can't see what's in a mirror, what else can't they see?
 waywardwynde
Msg: 314 (view)

increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money
Posted: 1/28/2011 3:42:47 PM
^^^ dude, what part about the "highest of the high" in the corporate world were social rejects in high school didn't you understand?

The data is overwhelming. Accept it, or at least don't tell people you don't want to believe it.

Also, what part about high school girls getting the hots for athletes rather than "potential income" types didn't you understand? Girls getting the hots?
 waywardwynde
Msg: 311 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2011 2:38:40 PM

when I was in school. We didn't give a rat's patootie about who wore letter sweaters because we were more interested in the person instead of a status symbol.

"personality", of course!! That's it! and it has alway been that way, right?

Welllllllll ..........

..... I was just a back woods kid, buuuuuuuut .....

.... do you suppose when the girls looked at me when I was wearing my letter sweater with its four stripes and Captain's Star that the girls REALLY were impressed because I could do cube (not square, but cube) roots using just a pencil and a piece of paper?

When I was wearing my Marine Corps dress blues they were impressed I could graciously lose in Scrabble?

WHY would anyone claim high school girls don't gravitate towards the athletes? Why?

Because they themselves are trying to hold out for money, AND trying to convince themselves money -- or potential money -- is the gauge by which all male/female relationships are measured.

Not even close.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 308 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2011 12:49:00 PM

First, beautiful girls in high school "go out with" boys who wear letter-sweaters and/or are handsome types

Even in movies they go out with the quarter back of the football team. You have it wrong.

You're not an Ameican, so you can be forgiven for not knowing a letter sweater is.

Second, the highest of the high in the business world were most usually were seriously lacking in social skills in high school (*).

Possible, but irrelevant.

Very much relevant. The statement was made that high school girls can tell future (income producing) potential and select for it. Fact is, the very high end income realized in later life is made by the very boys overlooked by the "beautiful girls" in high school.

... I remember the look on the (beautiful) face of the woman I would later marry when she saw the airplane I built.

No kidding. How many people can build an airplane? She already sized your potential by your "built".

Don't be all that impressed. If you go to Oshkosh end of July any year, you'll see well more than a 100,000 men and quite a few women who can build, and in many cases are building, an airplane. I once knew a guy who built a helicopter, not an autogyro but a genuine helicopter. I once knew a couple who built a balloon powered by propane.

That woman with the beautiful face I later married was impressed not that a man could build an airplane, but that he would be inclined to build anything, including a bookcase for our later home. Ever hear tell of the look on a man's face when a woman he likes bakes an apple pie?

BTW, I once met a woman who painted her airplane shocking pink, a color she HATED with a passion, because people kept assuming her husband built the airplane or at least did most of the work, and NO man would paint his airplane pink.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 304 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2011 10:31:17 AM

a phenomenon well evident in high school where the beautiful girls went out with boys who had the most potential

Ahhhhhh ....... a couple problems with that statement.

First, beautiful girls in high school "go out with" boys who wear letter-sweaters and/or are handsome types, and

Second, the highest of the high in the business world were most usually were seriously lacking in social skills in high school (*). The highest of the high also graduated college with a 2.00 gpa, when they graduated at all. (In other words, they worked their way through college getting just high enough grades to graduate so they could put "college grad" on their resume for those companies which cared, which most HR departments do.)

(*) Those who were King/Queen of the heap in high school almost never go on to greatness or heights in post hs era. They lack the drive needed to exceed the averages. They made it once, and that is all they care about the rest of their lives. That's been studied in detail again and again and again and once again.

Wasn't one of the Charlie Manson girls a prom queen?

The woman who developed modern day IQ tests was the very bright illegitimate daughter of an also very bright 15 year old girl

Posters go on and on and on and on about money or "potential to make money" ad nauseum, yet ....

... I remember the look on the (beautiful) face of the woman I would later marry when she saw the airplane I built.

... I remember the looks of the young women as I a muscular young ex-combat Marine walked into a place.

... I remember and still see today women turning to see who I am when they hear my deep voice.

Yup, I do see way too many women (older now and my age or close to it) who ask me where I live, what borkerages houses do I have my accounts with, where do I take my foreign vacations, what do I do on weekends, which are my favorite restaurants.

But ....

.... those were not the questions I heard when I was dating women of baby-making age (see the airplane above).
 waywardwynde
Msg: 293 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2011 7:01:16 AM
Bottom line it is income and I never spend anywhere near all of it on the road.

Yes, if you cheap out really, really, really badly you can spend less on the cost of living/eating at some remote to your normal abode job site, and yes it then becomes income for which you have to pay not only income taxes on, but also social security and other taxes.

Calling "per diem" income is a strange thing done only by someone trying to brag to a bimbo in a singles bar.

-----for those who don't know what per diem actually IS, let me explain it.

Legally, when one is doing a job and is temporarily and overnight away from one's normal abode, one can deduct the cost of housing and meals and other ordinary expenses from one's taxable income. That's normal.

Companies often reimburse employees for direct expenses in such cases, i.e., the employee has an "expense account".

Because expense accounts can be badly abused (most usually by those making little money and needing to pad out their income) and because tracking expense accounts is an accounting nightmare for companies, companies often give such employees a "per diem expense allowance" if they going to be in one spot for a bit of time. In essence, they say "Here, live on this per day. If you can't live on it, learn to. If you wanna really be cheap, the extra money is yours. Have at it."

Per diems are adjusted for the particular area a worker goes to, and seldom are anything other than low-balled.

HOWEVER, places like Howard Johnson's (with it's "all you can eat for $5.99" meals, soft drinks and desserts extra) HATE tradesmen on per diem. Why? Because a percentage of them eat one huge meal -- three or four plates worth -- a day, $5.99, with no extras and tip badly.

Per diem is reimbursement for not usual business/job expenses. It's not income unless one eats just one meal a day, and then at HoJo's.

How much money a guy makes is one of the three things men most frequently lie about.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 287 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2011 7:34:02 PM

You do not have to use all of that $75.00 per day to receive it. It's guaranteed and if you think logically about it income is used to pay for living expenses which includes vacations and motels.

It's income. You must claim it as income on your 1040 as taxable income.

AND, you deduct the off-setting expenses on Sched C.

The ONLY way one comes out ahead on "per diem" is by not eating and cheaping out on the hotel and mayby hitchhiking to work.

"per diem" has a specific meaning to the IRS. It's ONLY when you are away from home on a short term basis and can't live in, nor commute from, your normal abode. It's not "income" unless you don't sleep indoors and don't eat.

Unless you're talking to a bimbo in a singles bar. Trust me, I've seen more than a few guys do it.

BTW, 75 bux a day doesn't get you much of a hotel anywhere on the planet.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 283 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2011 7:03:33 PM

It has to be filed on taxes so it is income!

dude, it ain't "income" unless you cheaped out and didn't eat meals and/or stayed in a really cheap, cheap, cheap hotel, hitchhiking to the job.

It's ONLY income when bragging to a bimbo in a singles bar.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 282 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2011 7:00:04 PM

"unless you are upwardly mobile, if not already well-off, tall, athletic, handsome and young the only nooky you're gonna get is boughten."
Happy now?

If you don't mind, let me edit your claimed statement to reflect what I actually said. Okay?

"unless a man is athletic, or handsome, or muscular, or has a deep voice, or Charming, and/or is maybe young, and/or is willing to "take what's available", the only nooky he's gonna get is boughten."

See the difference?
 waywardwynde
Msg: 279 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2011 6:25:54 PM
^^^ cee-four, ask him to explain just what "per diem" means.

In casin you dint understands, it ain't wages, it ain't "pay".

Unless, of course, one is in a singles bar with a dumb bimbo in front of one, one buying sugared drinks hoping against hope ....
 waywardwynde
Msg: 7 (view)

She wants to take things slow.....
Posted: 1/27/2011 2:09:47 PM
"Taking it slow" MEANS "taking it nowhere". At least with YOU. And you can spend a lot of time, lot of effort, not to mention a chunk of change "going nowhere".

Go find a woman who wants YOU. There are lots out there, Even if it is only 1 in 1,000,000, that's 3,000 women who want you. How many women do you need? -grin-

Good luck to you.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2011 9:08:26 AM

I think you're getting twinkling confused with something else.

The next time a woman mentions it, I'll ask her if she is confused ... or .... if her meaning of the word "twinkling" is different from what I thought the word to mean.

Thank you for your insight.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2011 8:17:10 AM
I believe that many if not most people have a biased opinions of themselves. They see themselves through time warp vision, yet everyone else around them is seen in real time.

Most people as they age, think they don't so much. Products sold specifically for men/women past age 70, use (gray-haired) actors/actresses in their early 50's, the age most 70's view themselves as.

That said, far and away the easiest (though not easy) way to attract the unusually attractive as one ages is to do "push-aways" (push away from the table more often, and with more food left on the plate) and exercise with heavy weights (heavy being relative to age and gender). Or, if numbers are the gauge, getting the waist less than 90% of the hips for men, or 70% for women. Works like gangbusters.

My guess is that 90% of the men my age in my area have facial hair.

I commented to a woman once that men all stopped shaving (at least for some period of time) when they retired. She said women stop putting on makeup for the same period of time.

There is nothing more beautiful and attractive than dancing eyes. Doesn't matter color or shape, if that twinkle is there.

Few people have twinkling eyes. I have twinkling eyes (and have NO idea how I do it) and have heard so since my teenage years. Strangely, at least to me, most usually I heard so as a complaint, as if I were deliberately controlling and manipulating a woman's sexual feelings. Lots of women, it seems, want the man to be hornier than they are.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 110 (view)

Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 1/26/2011 4:02:56 PM

A male friend and myself once thought of conducting the experiment where we both go to a singles bar and each just ask someone if they would like to have sex that night. Then compare the reactions. There's a good chance if I chose appropriately, (a 3 or 4 guy) I would be told yes. But even if the answer was no, the guy most likely would not be upset at the offer. If my friend asked the same question of a women, (even a 3 or 4) there are very high odds the answer would not only be 'no' but could be attached to a slap in the face.

I saw a guy walk up to a girl at the Freshman Week Social dance (don't ask why I was there, it wasn't my style) and without fanfare ask her if she "wanted to fvuk". Startled, she did not respond and he walked on.

I asked my brother(*) and his buddy (who knew the guy) if he always acted that way? Disgusted, they said he did. I asked if he ever got slapped? Sometimes. Did he ever score? Most usually. How many did he have to ask to get a Yes answer? It seemed less than six.

Ten minutes later the guy was leaving the dance with a fresh-faced freshman girl -- three days off the farm and into college -- trailing expectantly behind him.

(*) My brother would jump a rock pile if he thought there were a snake in there.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 272 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2011 7:15:45 PM
This thread started as an attempted justification of fungus behavior by moral reprobates. It never did come even close to center of the road, from a societal point of view.

I understand, though I have no direct experience, when a sex worker is told her (or his?) rates are too high, said sw typically resorts to insults of one's manliness/attractiveness/income/car/shoes/voice/whatever, and in turn the attempted trick responds by saying the sw's her tea cups are too small, her assets too big. I understand these are the steps in a negotiating dance for both.

Yet, it takes both a sw and a trick to step the dance.

I don't know, because I don't do those steps, don't know that dance.

finis
 waywardwynde
Msg: 268 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2011 4:45:39 PM

your "world class sailing" attitude

I have no idea what "world class sailing" is, let alone a "world class sailing" attitude. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me? Before this moment I've never seen or heard the term.

You remind me of the kind that pretends to have wealth and "class" ...

If you had paying attention, you would have noticed I have clearly stated I NEVER use the word "class" as an adjective. Bad form, and all that. You would also have noticed I have clearly stated I do not "have wealth".

....so they can latch onto someone that actually does.

At the grade school dinner table I heard MANY times my father say "He (never "she") who marries for money, EARNS it." Now, my father liked his mother one whole heck of a lot better than he liked his father, but his father (with some family money) married his mother with a whole lot of family money. "He EARNS it." (FWIW, money on both sides gone b/4 my father got out of high school.)

Me, I made every nickel I ever had, and do have. I started earning money when I was 9 years old, shoveling snow off sidewalks. By age 12, I was repairing motors for money for adult men who couldn't fix 'em. By age 16, I was working as an auto mechanic. By age 20, I was making less than $6/day to get shot at. What did you do when you were young?

When I (gleefully) retired my daughter took me out for brunch, telling me I earned my retirement because I had "worked hard". Ya know what? I didn't then, and don't now, think I "worked hard."

Now, if you'll tell this social-climbing sycophant just what "world class sailing" is, I'd be grateful for the information.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 262 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2011 1:20:37 PM

The fact you think any sane woman believes the crap they put in those books.....speaks volumes of your character.....not the women's!!

Harlequin buys and prints 115 romance novels EVERY month. Those novels are not thrown in a dumpster immediately after printing. In fact, Harlequin claims (justifiably or not, I do not know) that the "pass-a-long" readership of romance novels is FAR higher than any other genre.

Seems the one b!tching the loudest here.....is the one that feels the need to
brag the most about his supposed wealth! You get what you advertise for.

Other than a quality suit (worn at my daughter's wedding), there is absolutely nothing in my profile that says I "have wealth". I don't. (A quality, ocean-capable sailboat can be had for well less than the price of a decent used car. I know a guy who just bought a sailboat capable of circling the world for three thou. It's a good boat. I've sailed on it, and would take it offshore in heartbeat.)

When I changed out old pictures on my profile for newer ones (the only available to me were pics from my daughter's wedding), my response rate went UP 15 to 20 TIMES! No other change in my profile, which at that time was just the first paragraph. I added the rest of the paragraphs (all but the second) in a specific effort to reduce the response rate, specifically to try to eliminate the gold digger tone I got from most of the 15 to 20 times more responses. It worked (gold diggers usually take a pass on those with an athletic background). I added the now 2nd paragraph when a (woman) friend said perhaps I wanted to soften my profile a tad.

BTW, every last thing there is absolutely real, but I didn't included everything.

There is time for talking and time for doing. In the end, most people talk, few do. And that's a shame. They miss so much.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 258 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2011 12:58:09 PM
^^^ Annasthasia,

please take more care to quote me accurately, should you be inclined to quote me at all.

I never "worked on Wall Street", nor in any part of the financial world. I started out as an auto mechanic while in high school (I am decent at fixing things, my little bros is truly superior). Later I worked as a hired killer for my Uncle Sam (as a combat Marine), later yet wrote advertising (selling much and gained a good rep, but found the business way too unstable), and then spent the rest of my career as a communicator (in an area which extremely nicely took great advantage of my aptitude for the hard sciences).

Where I come from, women are not raised to act like stupid virgins and believe me their actualization goals are NOT to find a richer and/or better educated man.

Where I come from, EVERYONE (except the very young, the infirm, and the old folks) worked. Period. The watchword was, "You don't wanna work? You don't wanna eat."

I chose to be an "old folk" and retire because I wanted to do more sailing each summer.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 254 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2011 11:00:06 AM

WTF do romance novels and singles bars have to do with women "marrying men for their money" (quote edited to reflect the title of this thread)?

Expectations, hopes, dreams, "the way it is", as reflected in the mindsets of the readers of the romance novels who buy 55% of ALL paperback novels sold each year. Millions and millions and millions of readers.

Now, what those readers actually do, is they marry the boy next door, or at least lives within 5 miles of next door.

Those readers might judge romance novels to be "escapist" but can also build some resentment when they hear about "skilled tradesmen" pulling down two hundred grand a year (nevermind the Union Hall for the specific trade mentioned for the specific area mentioned states journeyman's wages for a worker working full weeks a full 50 weeks a year (no weather delays) makes 25% to 40% of that figure(*) ) while her man -- slug or hard worker, depending her view -- has a hard time paying the heat bills in winter.

Braggards in singles bars (and high school reunions) bump up their incomes even more so than when they are lying to the Census Bureau. Reality sux sometimes, but talk is easy. Never believe what a person says about their income until you see their bank statement. Better yet, their bank statements.

(*) To make two hundred grand in one year in that trade in that area, REQUIRES a journeyman to work 80 to 115 hours EVERY week for 50 weeks in a year. Even if that were economically possible, it is not physically possible, for as one trade worker said, "You gotta stay alive to spent it."
 waywardwynde
Msg: 247 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2011 7:39:43 PM
Over 7,000 romance novels were published in the United States last year, and virtually every last one of them had a H.E.A. ending (Happily Ever After, i.e. they got married).

And nearly all had a taciturn, brooding male lead who was "too sexy for his own good", muscular, handsome, high status and most usually rich. Said male lead almost always started out horny as a toad but "came to realize" he had found his dream mate in the form of the female lead. Said female lead being 26 to 28 years old (usually), strong willed, in deep financial trouble, and who had sworn off all men for life because "she had trusted too much" with some guy, which caused ALL her troubles in life (except her parents dying in that car crash).

I for sure know many men -- in fact many, many, many, many men -- who are so lazy they only work half time, yet who pull down a hundred grand a year. Not!

Only in singles bars does one hear that kind of stuff. Only in singles bars does one meet people who make 4x what the Union Hall says journeymen are paid.

Ahhhhh .... ain't romance (novels) great!! Responsible for more conceptions than Jeam Beam, Southern Comfort and Johnny Walker put together.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 7 (view)

Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/24/2011 2:29:37 PM
I think there are FAR fewer married men out there than the story goes (I sometimes get grilled senseless by women trying to make sure I'm not married, even though I suggest we can meet anytime they want).

I also think there are far MORE married women out there than the story goes (LOTS simply disappear when mention is made of getting together for a cuppa or a glassa).

Don't know that it's all that different In Real Life, married looking for a different flower in a different field to play with. Some do it, most don't.

BTW, a woman friend told me a woman who insists on meeting for "a quiet dinner" without ever talking with the guy on the phone is most frequently married. To weed out those, it is best to suggest meeting at some public place close to where she lives in the bright light of day.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 244 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2011 10:26:40 AM

What the heck is all this business about tools?

People who claim tradesmen can regularly make upwards of two hundred grand a year might be expected to know at least a little of the nonenclature of the trades.

If a two hundred grand a year tradesman is important in a thread about "increasing number of women are marrying men for their money", then the comment about the probability of such tradesman exisitng is germane.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 235 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2011 6:24:25 PM
never referred to them as "side dykes." We only used the term "dykes" (or "dikes," however it is spelled") for diagonal cutters. It's like a contraction of "diagonal cutter."

In 1880, John Dykes invented the tool which still bears his name. It is tool used to install wire fencing. It looks like a pair of pliars except longer on the handles, with opposing jaws with blunt knife edges, perpendicular to the plain of the handles. It is a great two-handed for gripping fencing staples and barbed wire. It is a good tool, and still used today, and under the name Dykes. Some people call them "nippers". I have never seen a Dykes in any color but black iron.

A "side Dykes" is also known as a diagonal cutter. When the term ''side Dykes" is used, it means a high quality diagonal cutter. The term "side Dykes" is still used in the world of the trades.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 228 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2011 9:45:50 AM
Besides, some rich guys like sailing, some like boating, some like fishing off their own private dock. To a gold digger, there are other indicators of wealth that are more important.

The Fort Lauderdale Powerboat Show is widely referred to as "The Fort Liquordale Powerboat Show And Silicone Fest".

The newspaper write-ups of the Miami Powerboat Show usually give full and clear directions (disguised as a complaint) as to where to find the hookers.

The Annapolis Powerboat Show (which immediately follows the Annapolis Sailboat Show) has more police stationed around in obvious strengths and numbers (and with grim determination on their faces) compared to the Sailboat Show. (I have worked both shows so I could get in free.)

The NY Boat Show -- which I attended yesterday and was all powerboats except for a couple of kayaks with sails tacked on -- has an audience with lots of tattoo's, and many, many, many in attendence walking around with an open bottle of beer in their hands.

My father, who spent decades in the marine business, said a dealer could either sell powerboats or he could sell sailboats, but not both. He would go out of business if he tried. Powerboters and rag-baggers won't deal with each other. Different personalities, different outlooks on life, different mode of behavior.

Models who work the booths at boat shows complain about how cheap sailboaters are, while powerboaters at shows wake up every morning wondering where they are going to get laid that day and how often.

WaywardWynde msg 310 - Its hard to imagine that someone would want to show their attitude as pigeonholing people based on what they wear, drive and their recreational choice - you are either pulling our leg or showing us your true colours as someone who does not get out into the real world without your blinders on - may you find a woman who is equally as narrow minded as yourself.

It is easy to see what's going on if one pays attention. It is even easier to run into a tree or brick wall or a swamp if one doesn't pay attention.

I spent decades as a communicator, who learned as a raw rookie that paying attention to people and how they act and think is well rewarded.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2011 8:48:57 AM
Honore de Balzac was short, fat, in very poor health and seriously broke most of the time.

When he died, over 300 women -- including royalty, including the queen of Russia -- came to his funeral.

Honore was a Charming man, who also knew the mannerisms.

JFK, handsome and rich, was also a man of Charm, who when talking with a woman was TOTALLY into listening to her. Nearly 50 years later there are STILL woman who met him who marvel at his intensity of listening to them.

I once knew a Vice-President of Sales who said ALL salespeople needed to match their personalities to individual customers to get the deal. We called him "The Chameleon" and none of us who worked for him knew who he really was. We wondered if his wife knew.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that "charm" crap and making people feel "like" they are soooooooo "special". like that's ever gonna happen anytime soon

It is a LOT of work, isn't it. And there is no "you" there, just a made-up image. But it does work, if one is so inclined to lead a different life with everyone one meets.

<div class='quote'>maybe he didn't know himself..at his core, he was a hollow man..? nothing there?

I doubt that. He seemed to know himself in far greater detail than might be expected of any mere mortal.

<div class='quote'> is it your suggestion then to be a fake person, bending oneself to meet what the "other" wants or expects, having no real beliefs or life philosophies of one's own..

to be a 'hollow man' ?

That's what Charm is. That's how the game is played, if one wants to play the game. Far and away, most people don't want to play. There is no "you" there.

<div class='quote'>all that just to maybe get laid more? no, thanks

Most usually, it's done for money and/or power, sometimes revenge for perceived past trespasses.

Most people don't do it. When someone does, it is noticeable.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2011 8:00:31 AM

In my opinion there is nothing more appealing than a person who genuinely cares about everyone they come into contact with.

Yup, and once they can fake that, they got it made.

OP was referring to men of little physical attractiveness and few financial resources who were known daters of women regarded by all around to be beautiful in a physical sense.

Such men search out and hit upon "birds with a broken wing" and then apply copious amounts of undivided attention and encouragement and "psychological strokes". They make a woman (beautiful in the particular case) feel "special" and appreciated inspite of their broken wing.

It's the same as gigolo's, except these guys do it for a beautiful companion rather than for money. It's work, dealing with the issues of a broken wing.

Gigolo's tend to have serious alcohol problems. I wonder if the guys who work the beauty trade do as well.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2011 6:55:15 AM
Agree it's Charm, coupled with an absolute focus on the other person, with no rough edges whatsoever.

Such men can focus on beautiful women or rich women. Usually they pick rich women. Always they pick on a "bird with a broken wing".
 waywardwynde
Msg: 223 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2011 8:11:01 PM
Not there is anything wrong with beer.

Ever watch a beer commercial on TV? Ever see a beer drinker in a TV commercial who looked like anything but an idiot in front of the women in a TV commercial? Ever see the demographic profile of a beer drinker? Ever see just who advertising agencies who produce beer commercials aim their ads at?

Powerboaters think and act like beer drinkers. Powerboaters -- with their gold chains -- order surf-n-turf in restaurants, and if they TRY to get seated in nicer restaurants they get seated next to the kitchen door, if they get seated at all. Powerboaters are noisy, wear loud colored clothing and their women wear dangling earrings and high heel leather boots.

Powerboaters are drunk on Sunday afternoons returning to port and decent people avoid them.

Marinas which cater to sailboats won't allow powerboaters entrance because of powerboaters' general behavior.

Same same difference between a sportscar driver and a Dodge anything driver.

Gold diggers favor as marks Dodge drivers of long ago who recently scored big in the construction business and now wanna drive a Mercedes Benz, their women in tight blue jeans and high heeled boots and fake fur coats and "big" hair.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 216 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2011 11:12:28 AM

sportscar, Mercedes, Cobra, sailboats, extended travel to exotic destinations, Rolex, Longines, Manhattan.

Sportscars are athletic(*). Comparing a Cobra "rag top" to a merce hardtop is also rather bluntly stating "athletic" rather than a status-climber (MB's -- with their leather seats -- are sloppy handling cars that don't go where you point them, sometimes
"loose" and often with "push", all within a second or two).

Sailboats are also particularly athletic AND are middle-
class as compared to beer-drinking powerboats.

Rolex and Longines (part of a corporate uniform) were mentioned as put away and replaced with a Timex Ironman, also suggesting athletic.

Manhattan was mentioned because one who lives outside Manhattan is GU, as in "Geographically Undesirable" because of the time and effort to get to someone's place outside Manhattan (an island of 3 million people with just four traffic and three railroad tunnels, and seven bridges).

(FWIW, the #4, #5, and #6 subway lines on the eastside
carry more passengers each day than the Boston Transit
(#2 in the country), Chicago Transit and Los Angeles
Transit combined. It is more than an hour from midtown
to the end of the Queens subway, and hour and half to Bronx,
as much or more to the end in Brooklyn and upwards of
two hours to the end in Staten Island.)

Extended travel I know nothing about. Business travel I know too much about.

(*) Gold digger women stay particularly away from athletic men, instead favoring the dumpy and the fugly as easy marks.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 52 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:53:03 AM
those who walk the instant chemistry are a defintive failure. Those who do not have a larger success rate.

"Definitive"?? Instant chemistry is THE _definition_ of failure?

My goodness, me oh my.

May I suggest "I'm safe" signals are required for any boy/girl relationship to start? No "I'm safe" signals sent, or none accepted, MEANS the relationship WILL NOT START. "I'm safe" signals sent and accepted and returned in kind are a requirement.

Some people, when they happen upon a person who just happens to be rather close to their subconscious vision of the perfect mate, send and accept "I'm safe" signals at a rapid rate indeed. Other people stumble along, some taking years to get to the same "I'm/you're safe" point others found while standing in a grocery line, their ice cream still frozen.

To deny -- by "definition" or not -- that someone out there is close to one's subconscious vision of a perfect mate, OR to deny that person could give off and accept "I'm safe" signals, OR to deny one themselves can give off and accept "I'm safe" signals, paints one into a lonely corner.

Some people like that corner. Others find a hoped-for-vision of a partner to be rather dandy. Does it work better or worse than those who take eons to get to Point B? The corner-painters say it is worse. On the other hand, those who have been there, applaud The Nector Of The Gods.

Keep in mind that Instant Chemistry is NOT one-side, unrequitted desire and interest. It IS mutual. That's why it moves so fast.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 50 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:29:07 AM
There is no such thing as instant Chemistry. Just look at all the continued failed relationships by many who claimed chemistry.

That's absolutely true, no such thing. And, to expand on that theme ...

... There is no such thing as attractiveness or shared backgrounds or shared goals or love or Love. Just look at all the continued failed relationships by many who claimed attractiveness or shared backgrounds or shared goals or love or Love.

Like laundry detergents in the grocery store, one is smart to only take the detergent which gets the clothes the cleanest with the least effort. Some also consider lowest price, but they are wrong. Price should never matter.

It's ALL logic, nothing but logic. NO emotion whatsoever. None.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 49 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/21/2011 7:30:26 AM
I would have found it difficult to imagine people would deliberately and specifically RUN FROM A PERSON who happens to closely resemble their subconsicous vision of a fantastic mate AND which person is giving off "I'm safe" signals at a very rapid rate .... all because they are afraid of achiving their subconscious vision.

No, no, no! Run away, run, run, run away! The subconscious, the gut feel, the intuitive count for nothing.

Chemistry does not exist, and when it looks like it might, discount it, ignore it, deny it, condemn it. If chemistry does not exist, instant chemisty can not possibly exist and if it did it would be even worse than the regular chemistry which doesn't exist.

Forming a relationship is all about logic, like buying a box of laundry detergent in the grocery store. Which detergent will get the clothes the cleanest with the least effort? That's the one!
 waywardwynde
Msg: 42 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/20/2011 2:59:17 PM

Agreed, but it's not the case if the guy (or the girl) just wants to get laid...
In that case it's even easier to set up a false chemistry to seduce the other person...

Most people have no idea how chemistry is set up, let alone how to set up a false chemistry.

"Sexiness" and "chemistry" are not the same things at all. Not even close.

Seduction, on the other hand, when it is the goal, relies on talking about nothing at all but the other person. That's not chemisty, but rather gratitude.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 11 (view)

Strange Situation - Great conversation until leading up to the meeting?
Posted: 1/20/2011 2:14:19 PM
Most likely she wasn't who she said she was.

Happens more frequently than we'd like, but it's just another way of adding to the numbers you gotta crunch to find the one you want.

Almost certainly she wasn't who she said she was.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 26 (view)

I probably have 'Daddy issues'
Posted: 1/18/2011 2:09:58 PM
^^^ Spice, believe it or not, my daughter tells me to not discard women of any age who are interested, even women well and good younger than she is.

Okay, but WHAT do you talk about "between times"?

I went to war as a young man, and when I came home I went back to college. What I found incredible, then and now, was how at age 22 I was so much older than the 21, 22, 23, and 24 year old's in class with me. Children, really, not much past having to borrow the car keys from Mom or Dad.

There is much to be said about being on the same page, singing the same song as your lover.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 24 (view)

I probably have 'Daddy issues'
Posted: 1/18/2011 1:18:49 PM
Maybe he didn't get what he wanted.

Maybe he wanted a relationship with a charming woman at the same point in her life as he is in his. Indeed, maybe he wanted a relationship, not a date.

A man/woman in their early to mid 40's are building, building, building their lifestyles to "launch the kids" as their kids come of age, and then to build whatever nestegg they feel they need to retire to a comfortable life. Their children are born, and growing up, and not long away will be separating from their parents (starts about age 13 and continues like gangbusters into early 20's)

A 23 year can be a very interesting woman, to say the least. Yet a 43 year old woman -- to a 44 year old man -- is far more comfortable. The know the same music, know the same dance steps, know the same goals, know the same concerns.

Maybe, in the end, he found he didn't get what he wanted in the guise of a 23 year old woman. Maybe what he wants is a 43 year old woman. Most 44 year old guys are like that.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 24 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/18/2011 12:47:26 PM
Ya know, almost every thread sooner or later -- usually sooner -- turns into a "men are too horny", "not able, or at least not willing, to think of anything but sex".

If it's not that, it's "women deserve to be recompensed for their time spent with a man".

I say women and men who like each other, find each other. Some Q-tips are scared to death that someone, somewhere is having fun.

That "chemistry" -- or "instant chemistry" as it has been degraded -- is nothing more than the physical "I'm safe" signals sent and accepted and sent in return and accepted that a man and woman exchange when they like each other and want to build something greater. Those signals are so strongly associated in the human subcortex with "safety to move forward" that they can be, and most usually are, displayed before two people ever talk to each other.

In other words, "It FEELS right!"

If they don't like each other, they don't send and/or don't accept the signals. Simple as that.

People who do not extend and accept those signals never get into a relationship, except by default, ruining almost all other opportunities along the way.

Some people take extended periods of time, even years, to send and accept enough signals so there is then a couple. Taking years does not change the outcome. People who don't like being coupled at all, don't send/don't accept signals ever.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 14 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/18/2011 7:15:19 AM
^^^ Careful not to confuse interest with action.

*IF* there is no interest, there is no action, and never will be any action.

*WHEN* there is interest, there MAY BE action, and when there is action it MAY BE a long time a brewing. Some people crawl for years to get to an ice cream cone, others walk 5 miles to get to the cone 100 feet away, and others move directly.

Still, if there is NO INTEREST, there is NO INTEREST.

It don't take a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowing.

(procalharem) Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If anyone can prove that instant chemistry in 30 seconds is more than just lust-based physical attraction I'd love to hear it.

Ask the woman I married.

"Love at first sight" is so common, they write songs and novels and movies and tv scripts about it.

All you need is two people who have an individual vision filled by the other person, and each and both to be sending and accepting "I'm safe" signals as fast as they can be sent.

Go watch some young people in a "singles place". Signals all over the place, with most not being accepted. BUT watch closely, and you'll see a couple sending/accepting signals so fast their friends just stand there and gawk.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 9 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/18/2011 6:34:30 AM
Most people catch on very quickly indeed. In the boy-meets-girl thing, VERY quickly. It's always been that way. Always.

Yes, _some_ relationships take forever and a day to get going, but for most people they KNEW within seconds. Ask Grannie or Aunt Matida.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 5 (view)

Instant chemistry
Posted: 1/18/2011 6:14:00 AM
Chemistry has been normal since Adam and Eve, and it doesn't take even the time to take two sips of coffee to notice it.

It does indeed "mean something". Usually, all great, long-lasting relationships start with instant chemistry. Instant chemistry is always mutual, BECAUSE each and both recognize they found someone who meets their vision, and each and both let their guard down to invite the other close.

*IF* a guy doesn't want you, he doesn't want you. No amount of hanging around will change that.

If YOU don't want a particular guy, most likely he will almost immediately move on. For no matter how much he may want you, if you don't want him, he knows it and he knows it is a waste of his time to continue with you.

Of course, some people (male or female) pretend (let's use the word fake) interest for the express purpose of drawing out from the other person something of value to the pretender. Not many people are that way, though.

Most men simply won't spend time with a woman who doesn't want him. Most. And why should they?

if they dont meet one's ideal within 5 minutes thanks to silly ... harlequin romance book.

Actually, "silly" harlequin romance books (which outsell all other paperback novels combined, month after month after month after ...) always have the lead female character who is strong and in her mid to late 20's (very occasionally in her early 30's) and in dire financial straights (for whatever reasonss) who meets a man who in short order figures out HE has met the woman of HIS dreams, but the lead female character just doesn't "get it" until very nearly the end. The reader, of course, "gets it" almost immediately.

BTW, the lead male (distinctly secondary as a character) is always muscular, too sexy for his own good, handsome, high status, (almost always) rich, and ALWAYS has some hidden to everyone but himself trouble in his background that he doesn't want to deal with, but eventually does with "an understanding woman".

Put a muscular, handsome, extremely sexy, high status, man with a cup of coffee across a table and see how much "instant chemistry" any particular woman on a meet-and-greet date might feel.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 44 (view)

Motorcycle rides as first dates?
Posted: 1/16/2011 10:02:12 AM

Most people lead lives of quiet desparation.

Turn off the projector.

If I recall correctly, you have viewed my profile in the past. It is 100% accurate, though far from comprehensive.

I feel sorry for those who live in constant fear. For instance, those who won't go near a telephone during a thunderstorm for fear of getting killed by a lightning strike.

Women who are afraid of riding on a motorcycle, shouldn't ride on a motorcycle, first date or last date. Women (like men) who are afraid of telephones during a thunderstorm shouldn't stand near any telephone during a thunderstorm.

Most women (like most men) who council other women (or men) to stay far, far, far from men (or women) as a matter of course and safety, have an agenda. It is reasonable to ask just what that agenda is when considering their counciled words.

Is it safe to order pizza? Some would not if there is a thunderstorm forecast.

10 miles from home on a two lane quiet road and a deer jumped from the bush basically into his lap.

Within 10 miles of where I spent most of my teenage years, probably twenty cars hit deer during that time, including twice where the drivers died. No motorcyle/deer incidents, however.

We were taught in (required) Drivers Ed class to watch out not only for the first deer we might see on a dark road, but the two deer following the first.

Fear is a debilitating thing that crushes the spirit.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2011 9:29:22 AM
^^^ Riding a well-prepared motorcycle on a straight, well-designed, well-maintained road on a dry day with unlimited visibility and little traffic is ...

... condescending?

You won't believe this, but I also actually took my daughter when she was 8 years old out on a 22 foot sailboat in 30 knots of wind. She fell asleep in the c0kcpit when she got tired of talking to the old man. I sailed on, and when we returned I took her to Wendy's for a hamburger.

Was I wrong for exposing her to cholesterol and saturated fat?

Oh BTW, that 22 foot sailboat was designed for the North Sea and was capable of crossing the Atlantic.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2011 8:39:09 AM
Anyone that puts a child on a motorcycle and goes 90 mph on any road

90 mph on a well-prepared motorcycle on a dry, straight, well-built and well-maintained road with little traffic is absolutely nothing. That road was built to handle heavy traffic at a speed limit of 70 mph, and one young speeder was timed (and eventually caught many miles down the road when he tried to exit) at 190 mph.

One can buy today, stock in a showroom, motorcycles which could safely travel that very same road under equally good conditions at upwards of 200 mph.

That assumes, of course, a rider who knows his limits.

Some people shouldn't be on a bike at 3 mph. Some people should do no more than sit on a couch, knitting afgans while watching soap operas and complaining about today's "young people".

BTW, my daughter asked for, and got, a parachute jump, too, from 10,000 feet up.

what if a deer or large dog happened out onto the road?

That road had cyclone fencing each side for miles in either way to keep animals off the road. It was also broad daylight with unlimited visibility.

What about a patch of spilled gravel or one of those Kia-swallowing potholes that open up overnight?

"Spilled gravel" would both extremely unlikely AND visible from a mile away (meaning 40 seconds travel time to take action, about 39.5 seconds longer than needed). "Kia-swallowing" potholes have never happened in that part of the country in known history going back thousands of years and up to today.

Don't be so afraid. Most people lead lives of quiet desparation.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 197 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2011 8:19:54 AM
^^^ Yet the reality remains, women who go for athletic and handsome have billions of babies each year ....

... while ...

.... women who "won't settle" for less than a man "who has money" fail -- by the vast, vast, vast majority -- to even sleep with a rich man, let alone marry one, let alone marry one and then have children by that man.

The statement that women are biologically driven to marry a man "who has money" is a vacuous rationalization that does not stand even slight cursory examination. But, it seems, some people hold dear their dreams, no matter what the reality is.

Anyone wonder just why any particular woman might not want an handsome, athletic man in favor of a man "who has money"? Billions of women each year don't.

~~~~~~~~~~

Th .. th .. th .. that's all folks!
 waywardwynde
Msg: 194 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2011 7:44:55 AM
^^^ THE headline of THIS thread is about what women AS A CLASS are doing, not about what some fringe element "past 30" or "past 40" MIGHT be doing.

Clearly, the women "out there in the real world" having billions of babies by billions of fathers not old enough to be rich hugely outnumber the women having babies by rich men. Therefore, women do not -- as a class -- chose men by the thickness of their wallets. Not even close.

Just as clearly, women who state, and mean, they "won't settle" for a man of less than some particular (high) asset value, fail -- the vast, vast, vast majority of them -- to effect a relationship with a man. They go without the rest of their lives.

Just as clearly, marriage counselors define a "sexless relationship" as one where the couple has ten or less peneratrive sexual encounters in a year. Sexless. By definition, by the professional help community.

Just as clear (to the professional help community), "sex workers" (what used to be refered to as "prostitutes") have little or no sexual feelings for the class of tricks they work.

Therefore, women who have little or no sexual desire (because they started with low to begin with, or because of disease, or because of advancing age, or because of medications, or because of changing mental conditions) for men are the likely group from which one might find the "take 'em for all their worth, I won't settle for less" mentality.

This is also the group from which the "women chose rich men to have babies by" qttitude comes from, never ming that rich men are OLD compared to the desires of women who actually DO have babies. Theory disproved, in spades.

So, that leaves those who insist grubbing for money -- NOT having sex with a man unless he "has money" -- without a man in their lives, for the rest of their lives. No surprise there.

I know my plumber is 89 bucks an hour for apprentice and 99 bucks for journeymen and if it's on weekends or at night - it's more.

That's not what your plumber makes, though, that's what you pay the plumbing company. The plumbing company has to meet company expenses first (even if a solo proprietorship). A company usually needs to charge a customer AT LEAST 3X what it pays the worker just to stay in business, something most non-business people don't have a clue about.

As for Craftsmen, Dykes, Whitford.....WTF. Could care less because that statement just adds to the "always have to be right" category.

People who know the trades well enough to know what trades ACTUALLY make at the end of a year, know those words.

FWIW, in my career choice, I wore a wool suit, white shirt, maroon tie, gold watch with black leather strap, and black wingtip shoes, well shined. But I am handy with tools, having started using them as a 5 year old. I started repairing engines professionally for adult men (who couldn't fix them) the summer between 6th and 7th grades (my father owned the place). I built a professional class racing hydroplane the winter I was in 8th grade. I built an airplane in my late 20's. Three years ago, I sewed a mainsail for a 28 foot sailboat in my Manhattan (size) apartment.

Now, about that premise that more and more and more women ARE marrying men FOR their money than in times past .........
 waywardwynde
Msg: 192 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2011 8:49:35 PM
Three times a month or more, someone starts a topic here about how it is right and holy and biologically ordained that women can and should and do marry for money.

All statements from people who haven't been in a serious relationship since Bill Clinton's first term.

More times a month, someone starts a topic about how men, as a class, are too horny. Also from people who haven't been in a serious relationship since Bill Clinton's first term.

Since the start of Bill Clinton's first term, more than a billion babies have been born with fathers too young to have made themselves rich. Born to young women who chose athletic young men, women who were themselves young and thin.

More than a billion mothers who formed intimate relationships with men since Bill Clinton's first term. Precious few of those women chose men to be fathers who were old enough to be rich.

Go figure. Rich ... or ... athletic? Rich ... or ... handsome?

BTW, one can indeed work as and call themselves a psychologist with just a BA degree. They can not, however, treat patients in a clinical setting.

BTW, most welders -- like most other tradesmen -- work as journeymen. Journeyman is the standard, not master. Even most masters draw journeyman's wages most of the time, if they want to work.

BTW, "journeyman" is not a raw rookie beginner. That is an "apprentice".

BTW, how many who claim to fully understand tradesmen's work know the difference between Snap-On and Craftsmen, a Dykes and a side Dykes, an SAE and a Whitworth, a Forstner from an EZ-Out?
 waywardwynde
Msg: 13 (view)

Math and beauty
Posted: 1/15/2011 12:43:53 PM
Ya reckon it was her 'bedroom eyes"?

Yup.

That and her distinctly, tightly focused "Charming Manner". The woman was good at the job she chose. She is often studied because of it. She was the Anna Nicole Smith of her time, but a whole lot brighter.

She earned her money.

BTW, it appears the only lover Pamela ever had her age was a race car driver, who died in a race crash.
 waywardwynde
Msg: 178 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2011 12:23:10 PM
BINGO! EVOLUTIONARILY (is that a REAL word, LOL?) The more successful men want the best looking females & the best looking females get the more successful males. The reasons you cited about providing for future children are totally instinctual

*IF* that were true, THEN virtually all fathers of newborn children you'd see in hospital maternity wards would be rich men, and older rich men to boot (because young men seldom, seldom, seldom are rich).

Yet ...

... virtually all fathers of newborns are under age 35, with nearly all under age 30, with a whole lot under age 25, with a bunch of fathers of newborns still teenagers, and some fathers barely even teenagers. You'll find more 16 year old fathers than you'll find rich 46 year old fathers.

The empirical evidence clearly shows (you can stand around hospital maternity wards for a couple weeks watching, if you want) women who get pregnant, do so with young, athletic men with handsome faces. Clearly, that is women's choice to have children by across the world.

Just as clearly, young men chose to have children by young, thin, pretty women.

Psychologists say there is no such thing as an "accidental" pregnancy. All of us here (each one of us) has male ancestors who were on the short side of age 14, and a LOT of ancestors on the short side of 19. A LOT more such ancestors than males who were on the long side of 35 and/or rich.

Go ask a thousand 17 year old women (most of whom will be pregnant at least once before age 30, many several times) if *they* are even willing to marry a man of 45 "who is rich". As each of those 17 year olds answers, ask them if they would sleep with the captain of the football team tonight.

Justifications for being a fungus are nothing more than justifications. The real world marches on as it always has.

BTW, googling Welders Alberta Canada wages brought up as the first entry a site that showed jouneyman welders wages there were $25 to$40 and hour, with a long list of requirements to even be considered. That's only a fraction of two hundred grand a year, and I doubt welders in Alberta average even 30 hours a week on a year round basis. (Most trades don't, even in warm climates, but most certainly not where weather is a safety issue.)
 waywardwynde
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2011 10:56:44 AM
Gee, I wonder why those two welders of titanium -- well trained by the U.S. Navy -- would CHOSE to work at Home Depot when the world "out there" was scratching away trying, trying, trying to get them to come weld for them. Why work 40 hours a week in retail when they could work until only early afternoon every Monday and make more $$$?

Well, I also know two guys (men who love sailboats as I do) who are 35+ year welders and who can handle titanium, work -- when they work at all -- after flying to the Persian Gulf to weld oil rigs. Each is careful with his money, some would say cheap.

Want me to ask them next time I see them just why they only work a little bit, when they could make a couple hundred grand a year working locally?

A little anecdote: I once saw a salesman show his every-other-week paycheck to the (blonde, shapely) receptionist, telling her it was his regular check. The receptionist came to me asking how she could become a salesperson, too, and make money like that. The clown had shown her his paycheck which happened to include a (no great shakes) commission check. I told her, but she insisted otherwise. I showed her the available-to-all reports on just how much commission that salesman had earned that year (very little) and how that particular check had his largest commission (as small as it was) of the year.

Lying about how much money they make is as common to men as lying about how much they weigh is as common to women. "Does this paycheck make my wallet look fat?"

Don't ever believe stories about how much money a man has/makes until you see his bank statements going back over some period of time. A paper napkin in a beer bar doesn't count.

Show ALL Forums