Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Will she ever want to meet
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 8 (view)

Will she ever want to meet
Posted: 9/28/2012 9:08:17 AM
" No, she is never going to meet you. Think about it: WHY would she join a dating site if the idea of meeting people "freaked her out"? Does that rationale strike you as normal? There are two likely scenarios. 1) She is not who she says she is, be it physically or her marital/relationship status. 2) She just joined the site to have her ego stroked by adoring males because she is a hermit with low self-esteem/confidence and probably rarely leaves the house. Are either of those scenarios acceptable to you? "

What you said seems very biased and naive.
I am exactly the same as what this guy is describing this girl to be. And I know myself that yes, I may be scared to meet knew people and it may take me a while but it doesn't mean that I am an attention seeking, low self esteemed hermit. It simply means that I am scared of meeting new people but am not closed off to the possibilites of finding that person whom I am comfortable enough to meet.

Some people are not as out going as some, understand that.
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 7 (view)

Will she ever want to meet
Posted: 9/28/2012 9:02:01 AM
She sounds exactly like myself!
And from the sounds of it, she likes you, but she is very nervous/anxious about meeting you.
just work with her and make it a no pressure environment.
and maybe don't bring up meeting or catching up over and over again, it will feel like she is being pressured and will probably back off completely so she won't have to deal with the whole issue.

Good luck :)
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 9 (view)

Male, needs some advice on minor heartbreak.
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:40:13 AM
That is just her being insecure in her relationship and keeping you as a back up in case that first option falls to cr@p.

Don't be that, don't be a second option.
It is not something you want to put yourself through, waiting on the other guy to screw up so she can move right on to you, where she will probably use you to get back at him.
You are being used, and will continue to be used if you wait for her.

And another thing, would you want to be with this person, considering she is cheating on her current? (Im not sure if you two dating and her being in a previous relationship coencided, but the fact she is talking to another person, you, about having a potential relationship, send RED FLAGS a flying!)
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 287 (view)

what girls like and dislike in mens profiles
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:26:20 AM
A guy who has a general sense of grammer, spelling and punctuation!
Also someone who has actually put in effort and not just done the basic's or spammed a page just to reach the minimum amount of words.

A sence of humour is always a plus :)
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 46 (view)

Should I take back my boyfriend (he wants to keep in contact with his friend he had sex)
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:10:23 AM
From reading what you had written, you already have doubts about being able to trust him, and in my opinion, you can't have a relationship with someone that you can't fully trust. You will spend too much of your time and effort worrying about what he is upto.
Cut it off now for your own sake.
You will be hurting for a lil, but it is nothing compared to the mental anguish you will probably have to suffer if you continue with him.
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 12 (view)

Love lost
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:52:49 AM
I went pretty much through the same thing, and it turned out my gut feeling was pretty much right.
Three and a half years of my life, and my first true love, left me in a car on the side of the road, heart broken and balling my eyes out.
I understand how much it hurts to be betrayed by someone you loved and thought you would spend the rest of your life with, and it will take time, how ever long you feel is right, to try and over come this. It is a big blow to anyone.

My advice, from experience. Cut off all contact with her, express and vent as much as you can and want to, by writing, screaming it and talking with friends, because getting it out really does help (just as long as you dont do anything that will get you in trouble or hurt someone, even if you think it is the best idea ever and that they deserve it, it won't help you in the long run).

Try like you have been to really get out there, have some fun, do things you have always wanted to do, but didnt for various other reasons.
It is your time now to work on you, figure out what you want in life.

But in the end, you can't and don't want to be with someone who does not want to be with you.
There is someone out there that will want to be with you, and loves you for who you are and will treat you right.
 SuzzieGal
Msg: 1 (view)

Why is sex the number 1 priority?
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:17:58 PM
Hey my name is Suzzie, and my question is- Why is it that that majority of the guys who message me, or that I talk to, just want to have sex?

I have clearly stated that I am not the kind of person to just hook up in my profile, but I still get those kind of responces.

I don't understand why I get those kinds of messages from guys, and no genuinly nice ones?

Show ALL Forums