Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What do you teach your daughters about boys and sex?
 bizeebee
Msg: 6 (view)

What do you teach your daughters about boys and sex?
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:39:32 PM
I told my son and my daughter the same thing.
"You are quality". When you have sex with someone (at best)you
trade a little piece of yourself for a little piece of them. You will then carry that bit with you for the rest of your life. Sometimes you get more than you bargained for, disease or pregnancy...
So....be sure before you have sex that whatever you trade for is equal in quality to what you give away.
After that we discussed practical things like birth control, disease prevention and personal safety.
So far so good....My son is 26 and getting married to his girlfriend of 7 years next month.
My 21 year old daughter seems to be well adjusted...
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 19 (view)

I am a little concerned, help!
Posted: 4/4/2009 5:45:31 PM
I taught my kids that however I greeted someone they should treat that person the same way. If Mom hugs, you may hug (not required). If Mom shakes hands, you may shake, a smile is always good enough. At one your son will not catch on immediately, but if you stop him a few times and say,"Did Mom hug that person?" and then smile at the stranger and say something sweet like "he just loves everyone too much!" and walk away. The good folks will understand and the who cares about the others.
Best to you,
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 57 (view)

Younger children as dealbreakers
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:26:09 PM
Definitely not a deal breaker for me, but then I have an 11 year old myself. It is hard to date when you have younger kids at our age. That said, I would not trade this time with my child for anything. With my first two I was stuck just trying to survive. With this last one, I am independent and we love to travel and go places together. Having walked the step family road once, I would not do that again. No co-habitation or marriage for me until the last little duck leaves the nest.
Best to you!
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 9 (view)

Swiss Cheese Sauce
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:10:28 PM
I always like vermouth in Swiss cheese sauce. Also makes a dandy fondue!
Enjoy!
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 2 (view)

Article - Relationship Red Flags
Posted: 1/24/2009 6:44:45 PM
I rely on the Cuban coffee test. Spill coffee on someone and you find out what they are really like, really fast. The classic Cuban Folk story is retold "Martina the Beautiful****oach",by Carmen Deedee.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 54 (view)

Advice about neighbours dog??
Posted: 1/24/2009 6:34:43 PM
I had this problem until I spent less than $100. for a gadget called BARKFREE. It emits a noise that only the dog hears. You can also trigger it manually and it will make a high pitched noise. The first day every time the little barker got started I went out and pushed the button in sequence with his barks. He stopped in two minutes. I did that a few times and then left the BARKFREE on auto. It took about a week for the little dog that lives behind me to quit barking. Of course he barks once in a while but never for more than a minute . Really, I think I did him a favor ...he was at risk of barking his head off :)
BZB
BTW I covered the signal light with tape so it is not noticeable. The dogs owner thinks, "he outgrew barking"...
 bizeebee
Msg: 5 (view)

Blackeyed Peas for New Years...How do you like yours
Posted: 1/1/2009 4:49:19 PM
Born near Boston now living near Atlanta, GA.
I have enjoyed a traditional southern style New Years for 19 years.
Black Eyed Peas for luck, collard greens for money. With the economy in the toilet
I would not dare skip! In fact I may have collards twice today.
This year I made corn bread, pickled beets and fried okra too...yummy!
Happy New Year!
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 47 (view)

leashes?
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:22:41 PM
Using a seat belt does not mean I did not teach my child to sit properly in the buggy.
Using a life jacket does not mean I will not be fully alert around water.
None of the tools and equipment that we use as parents is meant to remove our responsibility. It is just a little extra protection.

As for the leash, little children are easily distracted or attracted and can take off at moments notice. I used mine as reminder to stay nearby. Not as a restraint. Sometimes we held hands and had the little wrist strap on. It just helped her learn the limit.

Some parents can turn anything into a bad thing. If you do not want use one, that's fine by me.

BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 30 (view)

leashes?
Posted: 8/23/2008 1:56:21 PM
Just today, my ten year old saw a child with a leash on his arm and told me she loved her leash when she was tiny because she felt much more free than she would holding my hand every minute. It also left us each two hands to shop and carry . It is also hard to bend down for hours if the little one is short.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 50 (view)

double standards
Posted: 8/14/2008 5:12:22 PM
It does not make sense to arbitrarily ban teen age sex in my house.
If "kids" are going to be sexually active, the location does not change any of the risks
and may in fact make it riskier....

I do not mean to imply that we had "open house". We did have open dialogue.
Now on their own at 20 and 25 my older offspring do seem to be making good choices.

BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 14 (view)

Wait another year for Kindergarten?
Posted: 8/14/2008 4:49:40 PM
I say unless the teacher seriously recommends holding him back, send him on! Look down the road. My son who is now 25 had an August birthday so we held him back. If at that moment I could have envisioned myself standing next to a 19 year old senior asking, Do you have any home work?" I would never have waited.

BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 18 (view)

if you could ask the candidates a question.............
Posted: 8/14/2008 7:37:25 AM
I would like the candidates to tell me how they plan to respond to George Bush's plan to change hospital regulations to define certain types of contraception as “abortion”.

BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 15 (view)

The Dodge Dart
Posted: 7/31/2008 6:18:46 PM
Wow,
I learned to drive in 1969 Plymouth Valient. OOOOHHH memories. Later I owned a 1972 Dodge Dart. Gas was about 50 cents a gallon back then.
The good old days!
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 7 (view)

Death of Free Internet is Imminent
Posted: 7/22/2008 3:57:50 AM
This is a big issue. I read that Bell Canada wants to charge extra for accessing sites used for downloading large files. The claim is that a small portion of users are responsible for using a huge percentage of bandwidth and clogging the system. Large companies like Comcast have already been busted for controlling the speed at which different sites load or even excluding sites being hosted by competitors.
Read up on Net Neutrality. Yikes, another example of how "they" must control and regulate things to death....
BZB
 bizeebee

Airport scans for illegal downloads on iPods, mobile phones and laptops
Posted: 7/14/2008 4:22:35 AM
Time is not a factor. They (security) have the "right" to seize any electronic device and keep it indefinitely. Google the news stories about laptops and phones that get returned after weeks or in some cases never......

BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 16 (view)

ebay scam
Posted: 7/6/2008 4:41:09 PM
Well it has been some time, but it might be better to keep your account open during investigation. You did report it to Ebay? They will work with law enforcement to catch the guy. If you paid via Paypal or a credit card notify them too. Ebay also has the technology to identify this scammer and block him from joining Ebay under another ID.

BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 8 (view)

Should an employer expect an employee to pay for their expenses?
Posted: 6/16/2008 2:35:59 PM
While it is inconvenient for you, this is common practice because of tax laws.
If they only reimburse what you have accounted for they can fully deduct the amount without it being considered income for you.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 38 (view)

need advice..fixing to do something illegal
Posted: 6/13/2008 6:05:10 PM
Well,
I love animals and cats in particular, but I am ready to get a trap.
My neighbor started out caring for a few strays...
She now has 30 cats!!!!!!!!!!!!
The whole neighborhood smells like a litter box. I can't open windows even on a pretty day.
She cannot afford to get them shots or spayed so if I do not act now
I figure by the end of the summer there will be 50 or more.

No matter what I do they lay on my convertible and they are ruining the top!
They mess on my deck, under my deck and in my gardens.
If I leave the door open when I walk to the mailbox there could be half a dozen in my house
in under a minute.

I get where your neighbor is coming from!
BZB
 bizeebee

Rachel Ray a Terrorist?
Posted: 5/30/2008 5:38:43 PM
Well it never crossed my mind that the scarf made her look like a terrorist. I do think the stylist who chose it should be fired...it was not pretty or flattering, that is the real crime.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 41 (view)

Everyday Things That Get On Your Nerves
Posted: 4/13/2008 9:39:40 AM
Today I am irked by people who forward emails without checking their validity. This morning I received a petition regarding illegal aliens and Social Security. This was first exposed on one of the urban legend sites in 2006 for Pete's sake! Almost 100o names and addresses attached to this circulating on the web. I "reply all" and add the link to the expose.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 37 (view)

Everyday Things That Get On Your Nerves
Posted: 4/12/2008 2:53:19 PM
Brats on wheels. Kids on wheels in stores zooming around me in circles. People who bring their kids on any type of wheels to the walking trail. Roller blades, bikes, scooters. skate boards...It is nerve wracking trying to get walking at a good pace and watching over your shoulder so you won't get run over. They will tell the kid to go only so far then stop and wait for "Mom or Dad" to catch up making it impossible to stay behind or in front of them.

I feel so much better now that I have whined a bit :)
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 3 (view)

elderly cat problems
Posted: 3/25/2008 5:11:18 PM
I so understand. I had to have my 17 year old cat put down last week. I cried so hard when the vet said there really wasn't a good option to help her. I still feel sad, but now that she is gone I realize that she probably did not even like herself anymore.
Holding you and kitty in the light...
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 13 (view)

how to stop a child telling tales?
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:04:04 AM
Not sure if this link will work here. I was also able to search and find interesting article on how kids learn to lie...
Learning to Lie
* By Po Bronson
* Published Feb 10, 2008
http://nymag.com/news/features/43893/

Enjoy!
BZB
 bizeebee

What are some of your most controversial opinions?
Posted: 3/22/2008 7:44:02 PM
One of my most controversial opinions is that marriage should be a religious ceremony only. Unions whether between a man and a woman or same sex partners should be civil and instead of writing emotional vows two people should be required to write a civil union or partnership contract. It should outline who will do what, who will pay what and who will get what if the partnership is dissolved. I think it would slow the divorce rate (dissolution rate) considerably. Those who also want a religious ceremony go for it. As things are now you can make up your mind to marry in five minutes and you are required to accept a generic contract that your state of residence has created for you.
IMO
BZB
 bizeebee

Seperated father seeking advice.
Posted: 3/22/2008 5:13:28 PM
Health issues aside, unless you are motivated and committed to joining the military it is not a good option. And sadly, I think McDonalds pays better...

Get yourself to a qualified debt counselor. One that does not charge a fee! Some financial things can be remedied much better with sound advice. For instance you can defer your student loans and free up that cash for while. You can also apply to have your child support modified so you do not end up in jail because you cannot pay it or accumulate such a huge debt that you can never get caught up.

You should also look at some cheap options for transportation. Any bus nearby? Do you have a friend or relative who could give you a ride or loan you their car at night or something?

Last, but not least, you are not the only to find themselves between a rock and a hard place financially. Most of has been there at one time or another and look, we made it through.

If you will take little steps in a positive direction you can get back on track!
Best to you,
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 13 (view)

Young children at this age.
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:30:45 PM
I have two grown "kids" off on their own and one little one in elementary school. It is a social handicap at times. Even my women friends do not always want to do "kid" stuff.
But I would not trade my little one for anything. I went up to bed late last night and found a beautiful card on my pillow...

Four reasons I love my Mom
My Mom is nice
My Mom is pretty
My Mom keeps her cool
My Mom helps others...

All from a kid who has seen me early in the morning, late at night, on a good and on my worst day..
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 11 (view)

Juicer/Juice Extractor
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:22:22 PM
Hi,
I had a Champion juicer and sold it because it was so big and so heavy and a pain to clean. I love juicing, but never did it as much as I wanted to because it is time consuming and very expensive. Eat the fruit and veggies :)
BZB
 bizeebee

food delivery plans and recent scams or just plain administrative incompetence?
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:30:36 AM
Hi,
If you report the card as stolen, it will be canceled and replaced with new card and new number immediately. This does not affect your credit report. That would leave the food service company with an invalid card...
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 3 (view)

italian dish, baked ziti...
Posted: 3/10/2008 4:20:16 PM
I make a similar casserole. Just mix in Ricotta cheese and put the mozzarella on top.
Tastes just like lasagna.
BZB
 bizeebee

Debit/Credit Card Scam
Posted: 3/2/2008 5:14:42 PM
Last year I was in Target making a large purchase with my debit card. I put my pin number in and was declined. I did that three times. The cashier said, "Just hit cancel and it will go through as credit." After three failed attempts my card cleared as credit with no pin and no need for ID. After, I realized I had been swiping my personal card and using my business pin. I now pay cash for everything or use a credit card, never my debit card. You have better consumer rights with a credit card and less chance of having someone wiping out your cash so you can't even pay bills....

A friend went on a trip and paid the hotel with his debit card. The hotel also had his home address, phone and a copy of his drivers license complete with birth date. By the time he got home they had wiped out his checking, which was linked to his Money Market which was linked to his savings....many thousands of dollars and he did not have a clue or a notification or alert from the bank until the bounced check notices started to arrive....
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 38 (view)

In need of a tasty spaghetti recipe!
Posted: 2/16/2008 3:06:23 PM
When I am in a hurry I make what the kids call "Salsagetti".
One jar of traditional type spaghetti sauce and one large jar of Salsa.
We use medium hot. Simmer a few minutes and toss onto your favorite pasta.
It is always a sell out at my house!
BZB
 bizeebee

need painting help
Posted: 12/22/2007 5:23:32 PM
I have successfully used KILZ to cover some really ugly stuff. My brother-in-law does most of my painting and he always uses Glidden ultra-hide. Tell them what you are covering when you go to the paint store. I am guessing you will have to put a coat over just the black and then a coat over everything to even it up.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 9 (view)

Gift cards are a SCAM!
Posted: 11/28/2007 7:36:44 PM
My kids, young and grown love gift cards. They get twice as much by waiting until the weeks after Christmas to shop. I also buy them all something personal that they do not expect.
Yes, the stores do profit madly when cards are not redeemed. Not much chance of that happening around here :)
BZB
 bizeebee

Anyone having issues getting their kids to school?
Posted: 11/27/2007 6:59:39 AM
When I was in elementary school, my Grandfather died suddenly. For along time after that I did everything not to go to school. I have the attendance reports for that year, I missed 54 days! At the time I could not explain that I was afraid that my Mother would die while I was away from her. Classic separation anxiety.

One of my children had terrible separation anxiety and to work around it I would casually review the days plans over breakfast each morning. "While you are at school today, I will be at work. I will be here when you get home. Let's make chicken for dinner." Those mundane details reassured her that I planned to be there when she got home.

Good Luck,
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 5 (view)

Does a woman appreciate literacy in a man?
Posted: 11/27/2007 4:12:50 AM
OP,
I hesitate to respond as the last time I addressed this subject I was deemed harsh and judgmental. While I do not expect perfection, if the profile does not even show any effort to use spell-check, capitalization or punctuation or is written in text speak, I move on.
BZB
 bizeebee

Single older dad
Posted: 11/18/2007 12:29:08 PM
You misunderstood. The child is not less important. The child would not bother me, the lack of attention to detail does. I am suggesting that the fact that he has a daughter is perhaps, the least of his problems. BTW, this is not the first time the OP has posted this message.
BZB
 bizeebee

Single older dad
Posted: 11/18/2007 9:23:45 AM
For starters, please check your spelling and punctuation. You show a lack of attention to details when you do not proof read your typing. Everyone has an occasional error, but you obviously do not even review what you write. For me that is more bothersome than having a daughter.
IMO,
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 31 (view)

Buried or Creameated..
Posted: 11/7/2007 5:12:49 PM
My family knows that I prefer to be "waked" at home and then taken directly to the crematorium. Embalming is not required here and neither are caskets. U-haul sells nice big boxes!
After cremation toss the ashes in the garden...I won't be there to know the difference!
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 103 (view)

Ask the Genie for Three Wishes for today.....remember you can't wish for money
Posted: 11/5/2007 5:24:51 PM
Three wishes...
Here is today's list. Tomorrow might be different!

1) I wish that stupid little dogs that bark all the time really could bark their heads off!
2)I wish I was still a little bit naive.
3)I wish I had three more wishes.

BZB
 bizeebee

question on child support
Posted: 10/16/2007 6:20:34 PM
I interpret this to mean that you were responsible for making sure that the coverage was maintained and the father was to pay you the premium which you in turn would pay to the state.
You may indeed have to pay, but they may also help you collect what he owes you.
Good Luck!
BZB
 bizeebee

Woman's bid for rich husband deemed poor offer
Posted: 10/15/2007 5:04:58 PM
I suppose if she gets what she is asking for she will learn the rules..
People who marry for money usually earn it.
BZB
 bizeebee

What is a guy to think??
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:24:13 AM
FYI. If you report them to the IRS, you will be audited before any investigation will proceed.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 10 (view)

Ever try out waiting the kids?
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:13:28 AM
Hi,
I have to friends who chose to wait and marry after the "kids" were out of high school. They are both very happy and one couple has now been together 17 years and married for 12.
Both say they are glad they do not carry the scars or trauma to their relationship that forcing the kids to accept an earlier marriage might have created. Their kids do not carry any resentment either. I definitely think waiting can be a great option for a committed couple!
Best to you,
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 4 (view)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Posted: 10/4/2007 4:16:00 PM
Hi,
This recipe sounded too good and too easy to resist!
I just mixed this up and if smell is any indication there will not be any leftovers! I used the spice cake mix and substituted the pumpkin for the oil. I also cut back to only two eggs. Time tells....
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 39 (view)

Why are older men so SEX oriented???????
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:52:41 AM
It seems to me that some people feel free to behave outrageously or express things in emails that would never fly IRL. For instance if we struck up a conversation in line at the supermarket I doubt anyone would ask about my favorite sex position on the spot. I have however been asked that question in a first email or IM. That is the primary reason I am not "looking" online anymore. Just here for the forums and to make friends.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 23 (view)

What would you make for a homemade food basket,as a gift?
Posted: 10/1/2007 5:22:15 PM
I like to make a basket I call "junk food junkie". I buy single serving packages of all different snacks. Everything from chips to marshmallows, microwave popcorn, candy, nuts, and fun fruits. I add one or two home made goodies. Some beverage mixes like special tea bags, gourmet hot cocoa or anything that would be good with the snacks. Sometimes I add movie rental coupons. You can go upscale or supermarket items. This is a big hit with anyone from 2 to 82.
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 11 (view)

need some easy food ideas kids can make
Posted: 10/1/2007 5:09:52 PM
The first thing my kids learned to make was trail mix. Even a two year old can scoop ingredients in a Ziploc and shake it up. Set out bowls of a variety of things like cereal, raisins, coconut,even M&M's. Teach them to measure by using measuring cups for proportion. They can also use the ingredients as toppings on peanut butter sandwiches.

Fruit salad is fun too. Washing the grapes, learning how to cut up bananas with toothpicks, separating orange slices. You can cut the apples up in advance and just coat with orange juice to keep them from turning brown.

Have fun!
BZB
 bizeebee

Signs of middle Age
Posted: 9/29/2007 6:02:52 PM
Recently I have been trying to accept that I am now likely too old to have a secret love child with a rock star...

Also, I can no longer fit everything I would need for an overnight in my purse....

BZB
 bizeebee

Single Parents: Do you believe your ex's total household income should reflect Child Support?
Posted: 9/28/2007 2:41:48 PM
Years ago when "they" were figuring the amount of child support my ex would pay "they" did not consider his wife's income, however her debt was taken into account as he was jointly responsible for that. I was outraged that child support was reduced because they had a ton of consumer debt...
That said, I do not think anything should be considered beyond the parent's gross income.
Nor do I think that any future spouse should have any legal rights to the children.
Just me,
BZB
 bizeebee
Msg: 4 (view)

tomato fried rice
Posted: 9/27/2007 10:51:42 AM
We love rice. I have not seen tomato fried rice, however, we love making a package of yellow saffron rice and then adding a few tablespoons of salsa.
Yummy!
Hope someone posts a recipe for tomato fried rice!
BZB

Show ALL Forums