Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Honest question
 Beholder
Msg: 2 (view)

Honest question
Posted: 2/14/2008 3:31:22 PM

Just wondering if there might be a threshold of attractiveness one has to make it over to make PoF reasonably productive.
If you're Antonio Banderas or Johnny Depp, you're probably good - otherwise, just pile in with the rest of us and pray!
 Beholder
Msg: 10 (view)

IMPORTANT reminder for everyone lonely on Valentine's Day!
Posted: 2/14/2008 3:28:24 PM

unless you like those conversation hearts
I'm not even sure those are technically food!

I'd just put those in the pile with the marshmallow peeps as "things that probably won't kill you if you eat them, marketed as candy".

Beholder

so I finally grabbed my balls and asked my coworker out..
Posted: 2/14/2008 3:23:49 PM
*cough*

Reading that really just gave me this vision of you walking up to her, grabbing your crotch and saying something like "you want your treat? I've got your Valentine's treat right here!"

Maybe a different choice of words next time, perhaps "grow a pair", if you need the analogy to be testicular...
 Beholder
Msg: 17 (view)

Why it's OKAY to settle for Mr Good Enough
Posted: 2/14/2008 5:53:40 AM

So anyone not fitting your "ideal" are not worthy of affection and the chance at a relationship? And maybe we should bring back forced sterilization too, so these unworthy individuals can't procreate either.
Ooh, ouch! Nice, I think I felt the sting of that one a little bit

I'm still waiting to see someone declare they (or someone they know) found their perfect match who met all their checklist criteria, and that they're now deliriously happy.

Yep, I bet that'll be happening any minute now... to show everyone just how correct their demands are...

*looks at watch*

It's alright, I can wait.
 Beholder
Msg: 11 (view)

whats going on here
Posted: 2/14/2008 5:40:54 AM
...or he could just be busy, and didn't realize the entire future of a possible relationship was hanging on sending a text message before the clock ran out.

He was after you for four months, maybe he's not aware of the mandatory-minimum-required-communication once dating has been properly established, and he thinks after that much effort it's clear he's interested.

At least give the guy until the weekend, damn...
 Beholder
Msg: 27 (view)

Scorpios and Virgos
Posted: 2/14/2008 5:30:55 AM
Ah that's ridiculous, thinking people are in the forums because of an astrological signwaitaminute, I'm a virgo!

I believe! Quickly, to the astro-van! The sun's in the second house, and we have to spread the word (and solve a groovy mystery)!

Here I've got the road tunes, pop this CD in...

...And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius...
 Beholder
Msg: 9 (view)

aggressive and passive personalities with dating
Posted: 2/14/2008 5:13:46 AM

dashriprock! That's awesome! I love that post!!
Uh, I think you missed the point... entirely. Either that or you're being really subtly sarcastic and it's not coming across *cough*

<_<
 Beholder
Msg: 31 (view)

Snow White or Malibu Barbie
Posted: 2/14/2008 1:41:37 AM

I lay in tanning beds a couple of times a week. I know I shouldn't, because that's where the wrinkles come from.
Geezus!

A few times a week?! Forget wrinkles, try liver spots, lesions and skin cancers (even benign ones can look horrible). You seriously need to stop doing that. Go get a spray-on tan or something - I can't imagine it would end up costing much more (probably saving money if you factor in the tons of dermatological treatments you may end up wanting).

-_-

Ugh, anyway, there's nothing wrong with being fair skinned... pasty people unite! Power to the peopale!

Let's march for our cause! Woah wait it's sunny out there... someone pass me the SPF 300...
 Beholder
Msg: 52 (view)

Guys: What is your intake with Gamer and Computer Chics?
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:49:53 PM

FFXII, Hades.... I'm so addicted I will need a 12-step program and intervention to save me now!
Gah, FFXII was so good... but screw you, Yiazmat!

Frickin' 8 hour long boss fight... someone at squenix needs to be smacked upside the head for that one... *grumble*

I quit playing right at the end of the game when I ran in to that crap, eesh.

Beholder
Msg: 97 (view)

Asians and caucasians.
Posted: 2/13/2008 1:07:02 PM

The vikings suck. I HATE those little hats. Horns, shmorns
You'd perpetuate the viking-hat lie though? They never had horns on their helmets - that's just a modern-day invention for cartoons and the like.

Anyway, don't bother responding to "44" - he's not technically trolling, but there's really just no point.
 Beholder
Msg: 22 (view)

Do you find yourself becoming apathetic about finding love?
Posted: 2/11/2008 4:07:48 AM

There are a lot more "desireable" women than men...And the bottom line is that most guys (note: I did not say men in this case - the men are the to 5-7% that you're interested in) are not going to bother to put in the effort, so they just slide through one dating relationship after another, leaving a trail of disheartened women in their wake. And leaving many desireable women without a hope of meeting a man her equal or better.
Yes indeed, you've got that right... of course it's also a matter of perspective of who she considers her "equal", and if they only fall in the 5-7%, the cycle just gets repeated with another guy.

Look, apathy is one of the largest problems affecting the world today! ... But, eh, whaddya gonna do... *shrug*

Beholder
Msg: 17 (view)

Opera stuff
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:51:10 AM
Well if this thread is going to rise again, then alright.

I'll admit, while I do think she has a powerful voice, she's been mic'd when I've seen her live, so she may well not be able to be heard over the instrumentals in a classical opera setting.

As for the Pokemon movie - she just covered a song by Sissel which they then used as the movie's theme - at the very most that's selling out, but she is an incredibly talented singer regardless.

Listen to her renditions of Nessun Dorma, O Mio Babbino Caro, Lascia Ch'io Pianga - she may not be an "Opera Singer", but she can certainly sing opera.
 Beholder
Msg: 16 (view)

Preferences....schmeferences...what's the big deal?
Posted: 2/11/2008 2:50:21 AM
Alright... as expected a thread I was really trying to make a point in was eaten by the gaping forum void (make a post, go to sleep... gone by morning!)

Fortunately I've wised up and I was saving the messages so ha! I'll resurrect this old thread which is on the same topic (some of the same faces, too). The quoted posts vanished with the old thread, but whatever - it's still on track for this one.

Originally from: "Attractions, Shallowness & Preferences."
Posted: 2/10/2008 5:03:37 AM

See here we go again with the bitterness... "you dont deserve anything", no one demanded anything from any one else OR stated they were better than anyone else, just expressed a preference. What does it say about YOU that you take this so wrong?
Actually no, 10fingers was fairly clear:

Call me shallow cause I deserve what I want...I work hard to get it. So go to hell everyone else...that's what I say.

However that wasn't a directed response to someone in the thread, just to the general attitude here (and if you read through the forums, people are saying they "deserve" whatever all the time).

I'm only trying to suggest that people need to stop with the tunnel vision - no one person is better than another, and therefore you can't "deserve" someone "better" on the premise they're a more worthwhile human being.

I was quite clear that anyone can keep their preferences however they want, I'm only trying to make the point that doing so is extremely counterproductive, and you can see that by the people in this thread alone who have been successful (and more to the point, the still-single people who have been unsuccessful).

["This thread" referring to the original thread it came from, of course]

I'm just voicing my opinion that people (and mostly women, make no mistake) here need to get off their high horse and look around. Every profile here is a human being (other than Cassandra, natch ), and perhaps it might be worthwhile talking to someone and seeing who they are, rather than offhandedly tossing them aside because they're not your perfect fantasy person. You could be surprised, and the evidence to that is pretty clear.

We're in an encapsulated world on PoF where a large percent of the people are extremely self-centered and self-important - a community of people theoretically looking for relationships, but concerned strictly with their own satisfaction. A relationship isn't going to work if there isn't some measure of compromise, sacrifice and effort. (Yeah I realize the last paragraph was a bit of a non-sequitor, but it ties in... train of thought, you know how it is)

So yes, I'm not getting any dates - and if you like you can take Harry Peter's assumption that the only people who don't embrace everyone's preferences are people who are too unattractive to meet them. That's not why I'm saying this, but plenty of people are just going to assume as much and continue on as they are right now anyway - I only hope that someone will read this and realize people are more than just checkmarks on a list of attributes.
 Beholder
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2008 2:39:32 AM

DDR is so easy with the keyboard compared to the pad.
Well I don't play with the keyboard, I play with a PS2 controller!

2 thumbs = 2 feet, not a finger on each direction! It still takes skill dangit!

gamer girls are so rare
Well they're less rare now, it's just the ones that actually want to date gamer guys (and are single) are an elusive breed. ;)
 Beholder
Msg: 5 (view)

aggressive and passive personalities with dating
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:14:44 AM
So basically what you're saying is you want to do absolutely nothing, and want a man to not only initiate everything in the relationship process, but you basically want him to be your "superior", and you'll just follow along behind him.

That's not old fashioned, that's just lazy and passive - if a guy doesn't make a move, he's not interested, but if you're interested, making a move is completely out of the question?

*sigh*

Whatever works for you... maybe he'll come and pick you up in his horse-drawn carriage too.
 Beholder
Msg: 25 (view)

How can you tell on a first date if there are sparks?
Posted: 2/8/2008 3:28:08 AM

If on the other hand, that spark isn't there well into the first meeting - its's just not going to happen, and no amount of dates or trying will change things.
This is the problem, people look for a specific (and yet abstract) feeling, and then if it's not there - all bets are off, the other person's clearly undateable.

Consider this: if you felt the immediate spark before, and it was amazing and undeniable - why are you not with that person now? If the "spark" was some indicator of ultimate relationship perfection, that would be one thing - but because it isn't, perhaps you should still get to know someone who doesn't shock you immediately.

Perhaps something else will click in, and you'll find something deeper you connect with.

(Yeah alright I know this is totally unrealistic, but let a guy imagine, wouldja?)

It just comes down to being another "dealbreaker" - except this one isn't even possible to quantify; but people are still going to treat it the same way - "No spark! Clearly not the right one, back to the PoF dating smorgasbord!"

*rolls eyes*
 Beholder

The day that they left.
Posted: 2/8/2008 3:17:18 AM

I'm sick of sight without a sense of feelin
Misheard lyrics!

It's "I'm sick inside"

I think HC managed to push this thread off the rails and in to a ravine though... nicely done!
 Beholder
Msg: 51 (view)

How often do average girls like bigger guys?
Posted: 2/8/2008 2:28:17 AM

Thin people have been called rude, anorexic, shallow, self centered, high maintenance etc.
Only one of those has anything to do with weight, the rest are all personality traits that anyone can have. If you're called one of those things, you certainly can't simply attribute it to being thin.

Its all about your self-esteem, confidence and representation of yourself.
No, it's perhaps all about those things in real life, not on the internets.

Post #28 courtesy of jetjim sums it up quite nicely, although let me just make one slight correction here...
POF is a terrible place to find women if you are male
There we go, all better!

I love this. I'm a total chubby chaser.
...and she put "Guitar Hero" as an interest too... if you'll excuse me, I'll be over there doing like so:
 Beholder
Msg: 13 (view)

I'm Confused
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:15:31 PM

I Love her but I'm not sure how much. I guess I'm just afraid of having another failed marriage.
This is why I'm going to disagree with everyone else - you say you love her, that's worth something.

It's understandable you don't want another failed marriage - but it's not necessary to plan your future that exactly. If you do indeed love her, try working on your relationship and enjoying what you have, instead of having buyer's remorse thinking "if I just keep looking, there might be something better..."

Some of us would find your position enviable - don't throw away what you have.
 Beholder
Msg: 31 (view)

What do women hope to find on this site, and how?
Posted: 2/7/2008 12:28:42 PM

In my opinion men tend to look for strong negatives, while women tend to look for strong positives.
Oh please, when a woman rejects a man on the basis of not meeting one requirement on an impossible list of "dealbreakers", that's specifically looking for a negative - the positive qualities then all automatically become moot.

In fact I'd say it's distinctly the opposite way in the case of
if a man meets an attractive girl who has a good sense of humor, is fairly intelligent, faithful, affectionate and appreciates him he sees himself as having a catch. Lets say she's a bit whiny and petulant when she doesn't get her way, but rarely complains and gets over things easily.
what he's focusing on then are her positive qualities.

most just want a guy they can get it up for that won't embarrass them in public
Unless PoF is a place where the average guy is absolutely hideous, I stick by my previous post. We're living in a world where dating has become a consumer culture - people are just too obsessed with always trying to find a better deal.
 Beholder
Msg: 48 (view)

Ever realize that you're the problem?
Posted: 2/7/2008 3:39:46 AM

Maybe it's not so much YOU that's the problem, as the choices you've made in partners?
In that case it still all comes back to the fact you made the decision to choose that partner, and then any person after that who is similarly incompatible after that (rather than changing who you'd choose).

To thine own self be true.

corinthians12/5.
That's actually from Hamlet...
"This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."
 Beholder

What is the likelihood that...
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:38:20 AM
Well I certainly can't blame him for not looking for a "just a friend", but anyway:

You may want to at least give it a few dates' worth - you'll get a much better idea about him, and there's less pressure when you're not hinging the entire possibility of any future contact based on a half-hour conversation over coffee.

*shrug*
 Beholder
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 2/7/2008 1:26:07 AM

And yet the women still sit here remaining single when they are getting approached by the day or hour. It really shows how women perceive men, which is most men are not intelligent, easy going, and down to earth in their eyes.
Well that's not quite true - it's something more along the lines of "most men are average looking, but there are so many to choose from I can continue to ignore those who aren't drop-dead gorgeous and just keep hunting for something better!"

Of course guys are doing this too, but to a much lesser extent (imo)
 Beholder
Msg: 8 (view)

Kraft dinner and Canadian culture?
Posted: 2/6/2008 4:40:44 PM
I was under the impression part of it was that it's only called "Kraft Dinner" in Canada, and in the states it became just Macaroni & Cheese (or did they change it to "Cheese & Macaroni"? I vaguely remember commercials about that from years ago)

I dunno I haven't eaten the stuff in years and years - I switched to the PC White Cheddar macaroni, which I think tastes quite a bit better (sacrilege! I know!), but I haven't eaten that now in a long time either.

Hmm... I wonder if there's any in the back of the cupboard somewhere, I'm feeling nostalgically hungry...

Kraft actually does make a mayonaise product but it still does not compete in taste with the Best Foods/Hellmans brand
Woah now, don't be putting down Miracle Whip! It makes my sandwiches happy!
 Beholder
Msg: 37 (view)

Opinion wanted on nerds!
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:32:48 PM

News flash, when you're an adult, people are people.
Oh please, no one graduates high school and has the sudden epiphany that everyone is equal.

People are always going to be labeled and have assumptions made about them because of it - regardless of the setting or age.
 Beholder

Anyone else INSPIRED by Guitar Hero/Rock Band?
Posted: 2/4/2008 5:10:51 PM
I would totally play "Orchestra" (tough game to market though) - although actually there already is a piano game, Keyboardmania. Let's see... aha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboardmania

Actually a lot of the Konami/Namco games have classical music in them already - what with it not requiring any royalties - but of course it's been mixed to be really fast and challenging.

One of my favourite songs in DDR is "V for extreme" (or just "V" in Beatmania) - which is based off of Vivaldi's Concerto for Violin in F Minor, Op. 8, No. 4, "Winter"

Beholder

difficult time breaking up
Posted: 2/4/2008 5:58:13 AM

Dude, I really don't think you understand what Love, I mean REAL love, is about. You know, the type where you put other people's needs in front of you own freely and GIVE...
Agreed - and the "love her but not in love with her" sounds a lot like the classic "the initial excitement's died down so I want something new instead".

I'd also wager a woman finding out her mother's dying probably isn't interested in having sex as often either, which could be a factor - this is all just speculation of course.

Either stick with her properly through the ordeal and maybe find a deeper connection, or just break up with her entirely and be done with it. The last thing she needs is to want to call someone she loved for comfort only to hear "sorry, can't talk now, I've got a date with this hot chick from work!"
 Beholder
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 2/3/2008 8:55:19 PM

In short, your only problem is you're far away
I second this!
 Beholder
Msg: 41 (view)

do you ever wish you were asexual?
Posted: 2/2/2008 10:46:03 PM

HA, this OP sounds so cute. Do woman really drive men crazy like that? You must love the p*ssy honey. I'd like to get you in bed so you can let out some of that stress on me. lol.
As soon as I realized the OP was vinny, this comment became simultaneously incredibly funny, and also kind of awkward...

Beholder
Msg: 42 (view)

Guyliner and all things manly
Posted: 2/2/2008 6:17:53 PM
Please, we all know the only time you're allowed to wear guyliner is when you're in a rock band - and then it's moot anyway because once in a band, even the ugliest guy in the world is instantly sexy.

It's too bad makeup goes against the rules of men though... there are some ugly dudes out there who could use the help!
 Beholder
Msg: 9 (view)

Yes means No?
Posted: 2/2/2008 1:04:22 AM

Make her put her money where her mouth is...walk away and forget about her.
Clearly you don't get much; or else, you are settling for the hags, uglies, and old hides.
uglybetty said that!

Girls often believe they shouldn't but they may not mind being coaxed into it. If you are unwilling coax a girl then do without.
Another insight into the paradoxical world of being male - in case you were wondering where all the "Ask A Girl" threads came from, it's stuff like this.

*sigh*

You really have to pay more attention to your sources... I would hope that you don't buy People's magazine to learn about war in Iraq. Similar approach should be taken when it comes to fishing here...
Recursive-recursive response! (this is making me dizzy)

Unfortunately even if this is a half-truth, or only a smidgen true... encountering it is enough to screw with our simple male minds.
 Beholder

women profile pics with dolphins
Posted: 2/1/2008 9:41:10 PM
Eesh, everyone is so presumptive... what if it was just a couple of dolphins taking pictures of each other, and they invited her to join in a shot?

No reason she shouldn't ask for a copy and put it on her profile, it's just a candid!

Beholder
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2008 5:06:00 PM

Don't feel bad Hun, it takes a while to work it up to Heavy
Man this is going to make me sound lame, but... what the heck, that ship has sailed!

I play DDR on Expert/Oni, but... using the PS2 controller. Yeah. I've got really good rhythm, but bad knees -_-

I can still play using the proper pad, but there I max out on light *sigh* (first person that tells me playing with the gamepad takes no skill, though - they better be prepared to step up and AA/AAA a ton of songs!)

So yeah, unfortunately I'll never be one of those people pulling off the ridiculous moves you'll see in the ddrfreak videos

*chuckles*

I seem to have gone off on a tangent *cough*... uh anyway, yeah - gamer girls, still awesome. Please point them in my direction.
 Beholder
Msg: 12 (view)

Shark Bite or Shopping Cart Accident?
Posted: 1/31/2008 10:28:22 PM

I guess his whole thing was if I fell to help me up.
I hope he was prepared to step up his game and drive you to the hospital if you ended up breaking your nose or something... eesh.

*rolls eyes*
 Beholder
Msg: 6 (view)

A logic of a fella behind it?
Posted: 1/31/2008 10:16:04 PM

Don't make me come over there and spank y'a.
Wait, is that supposed to be a deterrent?
 Beholder
Msg: 46 (view)

is it wrong to only date guys whom im attracted to?
Posted: 1/31/2008 8:30:41 PM

But don't take photos too seriously...see what the guy has to say for himself.
If only t'were the popular opinion!

Some of us just really don't photograph well...
 Beholder
Msg: 12 (view)

Profile skipping
Posted: 1/31/2008 8:19:55 PM

If someone has more than a dozen interests, it is a deterrent to me.
I actually prefer people to have as many (actual and applicable) interests as possible, because I use them to narrow down searches with advanced search.

Unfortunately that only makes a difference when they're in the "interests" section, not in the body of the profile somewhere.
 Beholder
Msg: 4 (view)

A logic of a fella behind it?
Posted: 1/31/2008 8:11:53 PM

But when a compatabilty card gets pushed hard in the above described situation it doesn't make much sence.
Swap the sexes, and instead of "dating and then declaring lack of compatibility", replace that with "ignores your first contact message", and welcome to my world.

That's just the way the fish... crumbles.

(Note to self: find better analogy involving fish...)
 Beholder

Profile skipping
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:56:27 PM
This is specifically when I'm doing an advanced search (so I've already filtered out smoking, drugs, location etc) - the only things that make me immediately move on to another profile are painfully bad 13-year-old aolspeak (with or without alternating caps), a giant wall of text, or when the profile has almost nothing more than "if you want to know, just ask".

Otherwise, I'll check out everything they've written (although I have been tempted to move on when the only thing they have listed under "interests" is "lots" or "various" ).
 Beholder
Msg: 22 (view)

is it wrong to only date guys whom im attracted to?
Posted: 1/31/2008 4:16:38 PM
Well there's a difference between "some physical attraction" and "I looked at his picture and he wasn't a drop-dead gorgeous 10, so next!"

If we go by the terms in the other thread, you should give the "group 3" guys a shot - they could very well have more to them that you'd find attractive.
 Beholder

Surrender yourself and only then...
Posted: 1/31/2008 3:45:53 AM

Upon this I came to realize that it was "within" that rules the soul..
Up until this point I wanted a tall, dark hair, dark eyes, gentelman.. and if he had blue eyes he's out of the pic... WOW... talk about slap in the face....
Now there's an epiphany I can get behind.

Maybe this is something we should all put on our profiles.What we would give to that special someone should we be lucky enough to find them.Would we be setting ourselves up though for others to tell us what they thought we want to hear or to mock?Who knows.
A nice idea in theory, but perhaps the innermost thoughts are better shared after you have someone - we all have things we're hesitant to reveal, and I don't think the risk of public scrutiny would quite outweigh the incredibly minimal chance that the right someone would read it and "get you".

*shrug*
 Beholder

chemestry vs nuts and bolts
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:10:18 PM

I want to feel the butterflys, and I want them to last forever.
Well good luck finding that - you keep chasing the initial euphoria, and you'll just end up having to find a new guy every time your relationship moves past the first stage.

A real relationship requires working on being happy in regular life, not feeling ecstatic for the rest of your days - if you expect that, you'll always find disappointment (and ironically probably has nothing to do with not being really loved).

So does that mean you need "nuts and bolts"? I don't know - personally I'm looking for less "business partner" and more just plain "partner".

*shrug*

He declares me to be nuts, and then he bolts.
Nice one
 Beholder
Msg: 28 (view)

Is it wrong to really not be attracting to less attractive women
Posted: 1/30/2008 6:17:33 PM

I agree, but people in group 3 often don't get a oppurtunity to prove themselves. A lot of people ( especially on the internet dating sites ) will reject someone if there isn't instant attraction or chemistry.
Yes indeed, and therein lies the conundrum.

Then those people go into group 2, IMO
That's an option - then you've got only group 1 left... which then generally ends up populated only by people who don't find you group 1 material, or are otherwise unavailable.

Then we all remain single, and flock back to the forums to assuage our confusion! Sure is a perfect system we've got going, huh
 Beholder

Women and UFC
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:07:26 PM
http://devilspanties.keenspot.com/comics/20080111.jpg

Beholder

Posted: 1/29/2008 6:31:51 AM

I'm hoping to find cheap entertainment.
You rang?
 Beholder
Msg: 44 (view)

Should women write first?
Posted: 1/28/2008 9:40:44 PM

It's a matter of courtesy to at least send a polite "Thanks, but no, thanks" note. Not replying at all only because of the less attractive looks of the sender is incredibly rude and proves bad manners.
What th-yes! You just made my night with that comment! (Which I suppose either really says something about me, or the PoF population at large... or maybe both).

Women rock. So why shouldn't they send out a friggin' e-mail?
 Beholder
Msg: 19 (view)

Never been asked out
Posted: 1/28/2008 4:20:29 PM

I feel you on this. I have not been asked out since high school.
What? This world never ceases to find ways to confound me.
 Beholder
Msg: 24 (view)

Baffled!
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:37:22 AM

SEND HIM YOUR NIPPLES
Use a courier service though, you don't want 'em getting lost in the regular mail.
 Beholder

Posted: 1/28/2008 10:29:16 AM
CassaGo has it, that's it exactly. Especially:
But not everyone is prepared to work for one, or is prepared to give up what they have now to get one. They want it to fall in their laps.
Throw in something about "demands no one can meet", and that's pretty much all you need to know.
 Beholder

Fellas it's your turn(what makes you a good catch?)
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:12:56 AM

Is anyone else a little saddened that men don't seem to think they have any specific qualities that make them worth dating?
Oh we do, we just don't want to risk revealing them and risking having them disputed/mocked (or perhaps just known) by the general public.

It's hard enough getting a date here without someone thinking you're egotistical (er well... we're talking about PoF forum guys... so, y'know - that is, if they don't think that already)

Show ALL Forums