Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The case of the Elkhart 4 aired on Dr. Phil today.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 75 (view)

The case of the Elkhart 4 aired on Dr. Phil today.
Posted: 1/24/2014 7:13:26 PM
Bucksgirl
Fear of gun's can be overcome, take a safe handling course first,Once you know you will not do something wrong to get it to
discharge on you you will feel better about it. Shoot a few rounds at the range and all fear will be gone.
The confidence it will give to you is priceless.
Hawk

Ensure you are in compliance with image requirements to regain your posting privileges. Post your acknowledgement HERE to be re-instated.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||

smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2014 6:10:39 PM
Bucksgirl
Thank you for the info, I will be keeping an eye out for it.
Please tell me that you now have rounds for your gun and keep one in the chamber.
Matchlite ..... Elkhart is in Indiana if you need it for case law resarch.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 68 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2014 5:02:04 PM
bucsgirl
Sorry for your loss and what you went through.But it looks like you are a total survivor.

If you are at liberty to say can you post info about when the show airs? I'm sure many here are interested in your story.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2014 12:17:28 PM
" Question... doe's anyone think the homeowner would be alive today if he had engaged 5 armed intruders"

Yes.. me for one .
I DON'T HAVE TO GET MY GUN, IT IS ON ME ALL THE TIME.
My front gate and screen door are rigged to make a specific sound, and they have to open them before kicking my door in.
5 of them are not going to fit through the door at once, probably one possibly 2 at a time.
I know where they are and can direct fire at the doorway, they have to acquire me first and only the front one's can fire back at me. The rear ones have no clear line of fire and will probably run when the front 2 drop.
Can I change my screen name to Dirty Harry now?
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2014 7:42:16 PM
Once they have kicked in the door and came in you have no choice but to deal with them. It is better to make them come to you if you can . What if you were sleeping on the couch in plain sight or if you had family in the house? It's your job to protect them right?
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 58 (view)

Creeped out
Posted: 12/22/2013 4:19:40 PM
TrustinKarma
You could have reported him to U P S, they have a pretty tough code of conduct rules. Due to the access they get to peoples homes and business. I have to ask, was he calling out your name or some type of greeting or just running up on you? That sounds crazy, I know people, women included that would have had him on the ground at gunpoint before he got as close as ten feet.
I'm glad you were O K .
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 168 (view)

Calling you Sweetheart or hun or sweetie
Posted: 12/10/2013 7:22:53 PM
continued
I'm wearing an unbuttoned shirt over a t-shirt and I slide my right hand into the open shirt toward my left side.Stopping when my finger tips touch the grips of my browning semi auto holstered and tucked in tight under my left arm.
Did a quick threat check as he still approached ,Ok,I can see both hands,and not near waste band, good.

When the distance broke 21 ft. I raised my hand in a stop motion,and in a calm firm voice said' son what do you need?

He then noticed where my hand was and stopped dead in his tracks. He realized it's not a good ides to walk up on someone in the dark. After a moment he regained some composure and said , EXCUSE ..ME...SIR ...my battery is dead can you please give me a jump?I have cables.

Now I had fully expected to hear yo or hey dude or some such thing, but sir.
I thought for a second and because he addressed me proper I said sure son, go pop the hood. I pulled a jump starting devise
I have out of my trunk and get him started. He pulls off saying thank you sir.
This is why it's important, his proper address to me defused a tense situation. It is necessary as a lubricant to human interaction.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 167 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2013 6:06:34 PM
Msg 162 asked the question why won't you answer why you use a label at all?
This is my answer, true story ,happened less than a yr. ago.

Was in a local Wal-mart parking lot. It was early evening and getting dark. I was putting bags in
the passenger seat and looked up to see a large man in his 20'''s approaching me from an adjacent
parking lot. He was walking fast toward me,Like a man on a mission, and he was dressed like a thug.
I close the car door and check behind me to see if he has friends coming up in my blind spot.
O K, looks like he's alone, but he's still coming.
continue
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 155 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2013 8:37:30 PM
Vlad
Yea, I'm sure she wasn't there, did say something about going out with Running Bare though .
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 137 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 8:37:34 PM
Ladyinred4755
Thank you .......MA Am ...much obliged for the Webster reference .
Some people appreciate being addressed in a polite way and some I guess just like it to sound rude without a label.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 132 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 7:40:50 PM
Moraima
I wasn't asking you, I guess cat ladies are not interested in conversing with people in person and need no such label's at all.
So go pet your cats wile the rest of us sort this out.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 129 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 6:35:53 PM
naysaying knicktwist :
Thank you, for understanding where I was going with that. In all my life ,and I was raised to be polite Ma am was never
viewed as not polite or ugh. I ask you as a woman is there a new reference out there that I don't know about that is preferred.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 127 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 6:01:43 PM
Fleuron
I posted that remark that far on the disrespectful scale to make a point. If you going to complain about being called Ma am
and I agree that honey baby or sweetie are out of line then pick something that you don't find objectionable . To say that you
don't need a way to address us is simply stupid .I did put it out there,and no one has offered a more acceptable way to address a woman you are not acquainted with .So ladies I ask again, how would you prefer to be addressed.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 125 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 4:38:18 PM
Moraima
I don't use it 90% of the time, just when I think the situation warrants it. The use of Ma am or Sir or young man or miss along with eye contact will usually get it done. I'm betting you already know this but just want to be obstinate .
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 121 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 4:14:01 PM
Why do you have such a strong aversion to being addressed directly with a name that is Not disrespectful .Otherwise all a person has to go on that you are speaking to them is eye contact, if you can establish it. In every language a word exists to address a female , Senorita Senora ect...If it was not for a reason it would not exist in every language on the planet.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 118 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 3:02:51 PM
Moraima
Ma am is considered a greeting of respect in most of the civilized world, just not your world it seems. If I don't know your name ,and it isn't proper to use it anyway ( unless you have on a name tag on) and we agree Honey or baby is not proper so what the h3ll else do you want to be called if you don't like my choice .(Poke A hot ass) Inquiring minds would like to know.
So ladies if you have a preference I think we all would like to know.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 116 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2013 2:14:06 PM
I can't believe what I am reading here !
I get that a lot of women don't want to be called honey or sweetie or such, but some don't like ma am either.
Well you know what, MA AM you just need to calm down ! MA AM I just need for you to calm down! Or you can just wear a name tag. Or We will just pick a name. I'm native American so I'm going with Poke A hot ass the Indian princess .
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 48 (view)

How to be less shallow?
Posted: 11/27/2013 1:27:22 PM
Rosewood girl:
How can your posts in msg79 & 80 exist in the same universe, and not make you the poster child for double standards
here? You can't have it both ways and not be shallow.
" Don,t just pass them by just cause you want a beautiful girl. Visit them, spend time with them. They might just get a chance to grow on you"
Or Msg 80
" What a load of bull. People are allowed to find whatever they like and desire to be attractive.Including race and height."

Is it not wrong to ask for a chance at something that you are not willing to extend to others?
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 26 (view)

Fight or Flight?
Posted: 9/10/2013 3:20:44 PM
kj521
I'm from the north so I don't get the I do live in the south comment, Do people in the south sleep with a gun under the pillow and a shotgun under the bed? You know for gators and such.
What I was referring to as drills,is that so many people will not even dare to contemplate something bad happening . Let alone how to deal with it . That person might freeze up or be to slow to act as they figure out what to do.
No two households are alike , and I was just posing questions that some might want to ask themselves . I just feel that it's
important to have some kind of plan. Especially when you have kids in the house that depend on you to protect them.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 24 (view)

Fight or Flight?
Posted: 9/10/2013 1:39:55 PM
kj521
You should have told the 911 operator : A naked man is trying to threaten us with an object he has in his hands.
911 operator : Can you describe the object he is threatening you with:
you : Yes , it looks like a penis only smaller .
Sorry ,I couldn't help myself, but back on topic.
You may not know how you will react to something, but you can increase the chances of reacting the right way by
making a plan. I call them What if drills, you can just do it in your head or with family members at home.
Things like an intruder drill, will give you a chance to figure things out like:
Do I keep a weapon in the house, what kind, Gun/knife/ hatchet and do other trusted adults in the house have access if needed?
Who calls 911 and who defends the hallway to the kids bedrooms ?
If you have never imagined it you leave a lot up to chance.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 18 (view)

Fight or Flight?
Posted: 9/8/2013 4:17:38 PM
When I was seven years old I liked to walk along the train tracks in the town were I lived.I was walking on the RR ties to
get across an overpass . It was barley wider than the RR ties and had metal sides about 3 ft tall and you could see the road below in between the ties . I had assumed that it was safe to walk across because I did not hear any train whistles. What I know now is they only do that at intersections and this was a speed zone for them.
I had walked over halfway across when the train rounded a shallow curve and I spotted it. Now I only had nano seconds to
decide how to stay alive. I had 3 choices.
1) Run forward and try to beat the train to the end of the bridge. No to that one,it will increase closure rate and the train was
going to win.
2) Jump over the side ,I almost chose this one. It was to high up and nothing but concrete and traffic below .
I picked #3
I turned and ran in the opposite direction as fast as I possibly could on the RR ties in the center of the tracks. One missed step now ,if my foot slipped in between them a broken leg would be the least of my problems.
Here is what I think saved my life . When your adrenaline is pumping (fight or flight effect) not only do you get faster or stronger, but time seems to slow down.I guess this is because the brain is processing things faster.That is how I was able to make the calculations and decisions I had to make, and to this day I remember why I made them and in what order.
Another thing that sometimes happens is a form of magnified tunnel vision. It allowed me to place each footstep on the
ties without missing one.
When I reached the end of the bridge I jumped off on the right side. By the time I had hit the ground and rolled over the train was going past. It must have been almost on top of me when I jumped. I still had tunnel vision and could see the
engineers face and will never forget it. It was ashen grey like every drop of blood had drained from it. I am so glad he just yanked back on the throttle and did not blow the whistle, I did not want to know how close he was it probably would have
made me lose focus and trip.
I picked myself up and walked home , and have only spoken of this in recent years.
I guess what they say is true, " That which does not kill you only serves make you stronger "
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 494 (view)

What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 3/20/2010 8:52:29 PM
Nats 2010
Thank you for trying to keep an open mind on the subject , and it seems you have a
knack for asking questions that get some people annoyed ,but still valid questions.
When I am carrying concealed it becomes a mix of my safety concerns vs the rules
that govern CCW and other factors as well.
For example, If I need to stop at a bank first or pick up kids at school, gun restricted areas. I then have to remove my gun, [covertly] and get it into my trunk lock box.
Some malls may post a no weapons permitted sign and Im in violation of my permit
if I carry there. So I now take notice in advance the malls and stores that post no guns.
Imo the fact that they have made a gun free zone is what makes it a target for crazies
with a gun, as they want to be the only one there armed.
For myself I have made adjustments that allow me to carry more often,but it requires
a comfort level with the conceil part,most of us are trying hard not to let the gun be
seen or to scare any one that might think were there to rob them.
Contrary to some opinion it"s not Dodge City here, we don't have a 6 gun straped
low on our hip.
Btw Im glad you were not hurt by the intruder,but you were very lucky.
Hawk.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 470 (view)

Posted: 3/19/2010 6:37:40 PM
Nats 2010
I can only speak for myself, but as you said guns kill numerous [unarmed] people
in a small amt. of time. In almost every mass killing that used a gun it also involved
a large group of people the gunman was pretty certain were unarmed and helpless.
It is only when armed resistance is offered does it stop. Once opposed with armed
resistance they run away and usually kill themselves. They were looking to massacre
lots of inocent unarmed people, they wanted no part of having a gunfight.
The honest truth as to why I have a gun is this,no amount of legislation or wishfull
thinking will remove guns from those that would do you harm with them. The only
other choice for me is to be able to fight back with equil force and better weapon and
hand to hand close quarter battle training. Since the beginning of recorded history
we have had people among us that use violence and weapons to take what they want
from others. That is not going to change ,thats why I am armed.
Hawk.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 467 (view)

Posted: 3/19/2010 4:36:19 PM
Paderic
Sorry , we both had the same instance, but your post wasn't up when I replied.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 466 (view)

Posted: 3/19/2010 4:31:01 PM
Nats 2010
How about a knife being used in a mass murder. Chicago 1966, Richard Speck killed
and raped 8 nursing students in an appartment they shared with an 8 in. knife.
No pillows were used but he did cut sheets and pillow cases into strips to bind them
with ,and that enabled him to repe and kill them one by one . If just one of the 8 had been armed with a gun all 8 might have been saved.
Hawk.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 420 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2010 8:06:42 PM
Outofthedesert
Have to totaly agree with you here, Learned a long time ago that you never bring a
knife to a gunfight,you bring a bigger gun.
Most of the people on here that are putting down responsible gun owners would be
d* mn happy to have one of us there with them the next time some crazy decides to shoot up a MacDonalds during lunch hour.
My state has 50,000 new gun permit holders added this year alone.
You don't just get a ccw permit from a crackerjack box, you have to pass a background check by the F B I to prove that you have been law abiding and no mental
illness in your backgroung.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 382 (view)

Posted: 3/4/2010 10:07:43 AM
Browneyesboo
You can not defend yourself against what you refuse to see, Do you not watch
your local news? I had the 12:00 news on just before posting this and the lead
story was the rape/carjacking of two women last night. We have armed home
invasions almost daily around here.
Do you live in an area that is really that safe, or just pretending violent crime
cannot occur here?
I think we all have to be able to self protect until the police arive, and keep
in mind that a 5 min. respond time [after 911 call goes out] is probably the
best you can hope for. Thats can seem like an eternity when your at the mercy
of a violent criminal .
I do have a CCW permit , and to get it I had to pass a 12 hr. training course
on laws ,when to use deadly force, and skill with firearms. Finally I had to pass
a background chack by the F.B.I..
I do not post any photo's with guns in it, no conceil ,no advantage.But I will
let any woman I date know any time that I would be carring.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 58 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 1/22/2010 8:10:31 AM
Bablynbrook /re msg. 231 and 235
Im pretty sure your post in msg 231, before the edit reflected your true feelings.
"[I LOVE tall men]"
We got that, and every word from the edit and msg 235 was just backpeddling and damage controal." [I might have a like for tall guys,but it dosn't make or break my love life.]"
Most shorter men don't mind ,you can be short or tall, what we don't want is a woman
who is so into wanting tall any shorter guy she might date is just her backup plan.
We might get a date with her,but she expects a short guy to be twice as impressive
in all other catagories ,or no spark. Then be ready for the just friends talk.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 218 (view)

Why do men find it hard to be friends?
Posted: 1/4/2010 8:18:40 AM
Scd
Men on this thread have ,I think made it clear our reasons for not accepting ljbf
from a woman we wanted to date.
It is true that under the right conditions it could happen,but not after the friends speech.
I do not give friendship to just anyone, just as women reserve the right to date only
those they deem worthy, men have the same right about friendship.
True friendship requires effort and time,and most women don't care to do this.
That is how they can have so many friends, we are not seen as friends ,just men
on her inactive list until she has need of us.
I look at female friendships like this.
You need to put as much into it as expect from me.Then we can build up a
friendship from there.
A lot of women posters on here are just defending there use of the 2 ladder
system and want men to be blind to her want for 2 ladders and what one a guy
is really on.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 5 (view)

Hes my fallback guy but I want something new.
Posted: 11/18/2009 11:46:27 AM
The next what happoned to all the nice/good men thread that get's posted please
place O p s orig post into evidence as a smoking gun.
When he was a jerk to her ,she wanted him. Then he developed feelings for her and let
his kinder side show and she wants to make him into a gay guy for just friends.Come
on now,just how **cked up is this.
The unfortunate guy made the mistake of not keeping his jerk attitude going and she
lost interest.
P enalty marker now down on the field, O P now has to give this guy a shot at all of
her better looking girlfriends ,Ya and only then ,mabe they can still be friends.

Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 116 (view)

Why some men never want marry?
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:48:31 PM
When you feel the urge to get married is stronger than you can handle, do what I do.
Pick out some *itch you Already don't like and buy her a house and a new car.It's over
a lot quicker,hurts a lot less, and the results are exactly the same.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 23 (view)

Why some men never want marry?
Posted: 11/4/2009 11:06:57 AM
Britt884
For women, marriage can indeed be a win win situation ,and more chances to lose
than win for men,as Yarimelma posted in msg 3.
You can blame the lack of marriage minded men on the way to easy no fault divorce
laws that have been in place for over 30 yrs. The woman could be the biggest slut on
the planet and clearly at fault for the breakup ,but a judge in divorce court will give
her everything in the settlement. And after years and years of watching and hearing
about this a lot of men are learning from other men's mistakes.
A marriage today for men is like signing a mortgage contract with a lender that
has reserved the right to reposses the property at any time ,without notice and
eventhough you have made evry payment on time. How many of you guys want to
buy a house that way,let me know ,I will gladly be the lender.
Hawk.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 54 (view)

Men, tell me whats the attraction
Posted: 11/1/2009 9:14:48 AM
Re. hazel witty:
{quote} " I only meet men who have been damaged by these darn damaged women you speak of?
I would like to offer my prospective on this.
The women who cause good men to say they will never give their heart again are
the girl next door types .They start out normal and loving and in our minds deserving
of the trust and adoration that we have for her. {Now fast forward 10...15... 20..yrs}
The same woman that you were always there for,you know kind ..faithfull..honest..
ect... will now come to you and say, " Im just not in love with you anymore" .
This is with no discussion about a problem with the relationship ever having taken place.
Next she files for divorce.
You find out she is having an affair with someone she works with.[ in my case]
This is the woman that you trusted ,had children with,delt with all of life's challanges with,the one you would have given your life for, has hit you with a blindside shot
and backed out of the marriage like a thief.
We are men who do not invest ourselves in damaged women for anything long term.
After one or two times with a damaged woman we would start looking for better ,
not say I will never give my heart away again. That kind of damage can only come
from a once good woman who decides she is entitled to betray you and shove a knife
in your heart because she is to much of a coward to tell you what she needs from the
relationship.
So ,don't worry about the damaged women, we can sort that out quick enough, and if
you want things to get better tell the woman you know that are looking to leave a marriage to at least put it out there that their unhappy and why, [no B S reasons the
real one's if you have them, ] and give the man a chance to fix the problem if he can.
that way both can disengage from the marriage without permanant damage.
btw If you can get one of us to give our heart again ,it is loyal like no other, just
that it will not be given without proving to us you can be trusted.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 13 (view)

Why is it such a stigma to be an older bachelor?
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:39:10 AM
Re msg 26
This is absurd.
Reminds me of a movie scene.
*** German guard stops older man at train station** and says*** Show me your
papers man, show me your papers**
This man has a right to date any age or type of woman he chooses.It"s level of success is his problem and not your business.
Given the type of replies to his posts that I have seen, he has asked a valid question.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 28 (view)

How (not?) to end a relationship
Posted: 9/27/2009 12:48:27 PM
OP
I suggest that you embrace that inner jerk that lies deep inside all of us ,and go fvck
as many of her girlfriends as you possibly can. Just think of it as therapy.Nothing says
I've moved on and you will rember me like screwing her girlfriends.Oh, and if you let it
slip that she gave you crabbs and that you may not have got tham all should really
stir up her litterbox.
Heal yourself and go find a better one.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 359 (view)

Guys don't want to be just friends, but girls do, why is that?
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:19:03 PM
Re : msg 382 Truetemp1
Gotta say, very interesting letter, and written by a woman as well.Not usual to see
them turn against the sisterhood and tell a dirty little secret.You can bet they made
the writer turn in her Princess of power club card over that one.
Women ,but not all thank God,can be just like the article proposed. I guess since
most women are just naturally good at networking the thought of having an undatable
but otherwise perfectly good male go unused would be unthinkable.
This is the two ladder theory at work, and I have seen it at work first hand.Never again.
I can be friend with a woman only if she plays by the same rules as my guy friends.
No free meal or fake dates, it's dutch unless you are paying for me an equil amount
of the time.
Don't ask 'do I look fat in this outfit' unless you want the truth.
No coy sexy flirtations for attention or to get something you want.
I will not listen to you complain about who you date,Im going to tell you to date
better caliber men.
Last but not least ,If I get the I think we should just be friends speach, Im gone from her life like a puff of smoke in a windstorm. Not hanging around to get used.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 11 (view)

Why do so many men assume that being over 40 means being desperate?
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:17:43 AM
OP:
Not all men are like that,but you state that you get it often.Is it possible
that you are picking the same type of jerk each time? Like Mr. I am so hot she's
so lucky to get to have sex with me type of guy.
Another possibility comes to mind, a lot of guys get "friend zoned" and we hate that.
So some guys will overplay the sex interest from the start just to make sure you are
clear that they are looking for a girlfriend and not looking to be one of your girlfriends.
They are letting you know that they are looking for sex [not on the first date possibly]
and are coming on to strong to avoid the friend zone. If you are attracted,let them
know it , and that it's a process and it's earned, not a one night booty call. Like another
poster said " all men like and want sex or we would just hang out with our buds and drink beer. A good man will have some patience if you show some reserved sexual
interest he knows it's going in the right direction ,not into the friend zone.
Hawk.
 smithwhitehawk1

Shoot Guns on a first date!!
Posted: 7/21/2009 6:47:33 PM
you need to wait until the second date,work in a discussion about firearms,is she afraid of them, or an avid shooter herself.Find out how much she knows,and if it's not
much ,offer to instruct her on the basics with an unloaded weapon.Cover all the basics
of safe handling procedures and range rules.Then make a date to go to the range. a good date is one where evryone walks away alive, and she should appreciate that
you took the time to show her how to do it safely.
Hawk.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 133 (view)

stripclubs...
Posted: 12/17/2008 10:14:04 AM
Zekestone said"after he got divorced,he now dosn't want a relationship anymore"
You are dead on with that one,after getting blindsided and my heart cut out by the
girl next door type that I married,I would rather swim with the so called lady sharks
at the strip club than deal with the girl next door type that will use you like a rented
mule for years ,get you to love her more than life ,then betray you for another.
I choose the sharks.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 123 (view)

stripclubs...
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:49:44 AM
Wow, such venom and condemnation here from women,against other women,they
know nothing about.
I do agree that if your with someone ,stay out of strip clubs,not worth the risk of
hurting someone with a bad decision.
I was married 21 years and during that time never set foot in a strip club.As a younger
man I had experienced working in a strip club and I do understand that culture.
After my divorce while trying to figure out who I was and who I am,I started going
back into strip clubs for entertainment and some companionship. Easy enough to
do if you know how to conduct yourself and how to treat the dancers you can get past
the customer = money formula.
The women in clubs are as varried as you find anyplace in the world,and I have met
some very kind ,fun and wonderful women in clubs that I have a relationship with
outside of there.And yes as Cowboy said some want a guy whih a trunk full of coke
and a wad of cash,but hey not that hard to spot them in there,they exist out here too
and are harder to spot.
Just my two cents worth on the subject,and how does that line go about casting
the first stone.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 5 (view)

Self worth
Posted: 11/17/2008 5:39:35 PM
For me It's knowing deep down that I can handle anything life throws at me.Things
that could have just as easily ended my life,but didn't because I didn't panic or freeze
up when my life depended on it.
The first was an altercation with a train on a RR overpass when I was seven yrs. old
and I out ran the train by seconds.
There have been a number of times I have been tested like that in my life, and knowing that my personal courage has been tested and that i didn't fold means evrything to me when it come's to sellf worth.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 76 (view)

Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:11:51 PM
Tuckerjo:
What is the deal with you?You started a thread about shoe lifts and how wonderful
that they are working for a cousin of yours.Reread your previous posts,you were uptalking lifts so hard,I thought you were selling them.Then when pressed by posters
here for your thoughts about dating someone with lifts,you post one contradiction
after another.If your a height queen ,just be one ,we don't care either way.Grow some
balls. pick a position and stop waffeling on it.
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1

Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/13/2008 12:08:34 AM
Tuckerjo:
I would have to say no probably not,might say yes to a good looking pair of boots
that gave a little added height though.Im barley 5 ft 5 so even with lifts Im never
going to be the 5-10 minimum that so many women want to demand,so what's the point.
If she is so fixated on height that she would not want to date me,she is not worth my
time.
Now let me ask you a question,since you started this post.Would you date some one
that was not tall?Or do only 6 ft guy's show up on your radar?
Hawk
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 3 (view)

why are people offended by others criteria?
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:00:18 AM
Cat:
Are you saying that you are having a problem with short men and older men
contacting you?[ie your examples]If that is the case ,your profile say's nothing
about an age or height requirement.You can set your filter to block by age range.
If you have a height requirement, just say so,most short men,and Im one,will hit
the next button faster when we see that than a bone ugly photo.
if someone persists and emails you just block em.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 143 (view)

Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:39:25 AM
The OP has given us a fine example of tall-dark-hansome-man syndrome[kinda like
the dreaded short man syndrome].He thinks that just because he is 6-2 and hansome,
that any woman he wants and shoots a hey baby look at me smile at will just drop to her
knees for him.His type thinks that any woman is his for the taking and if some woman
has the ordasity to choose someone bald or short or ugly they wine about it like a little
*itch.
To all the women on here that are holding out for Mr. tall dark and hansome, this is often the mindset that goes with it.so good luck with that and keeping him faithful.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 164 (view)

Guys who can't or won't fix things around the house
Posted: 7/6/2008 1:07:29 PM
Re: Sweetthang:
your on the right track,and I don't disagree with your post,I offer this for consideration.
It is possibe to get a man to do many things for a woman,because deep down we like to
be needed.But if there is no genuine show of appreciation ,after awile we get smart and
quit doing things for her.
ie:Let me cook you a great dinner for[add relivant job here]or you worked so hard on that,let me rub your shoulders for you.It's all good,just be willing to offer up something
that you can so we don't feel like we just got used.

You also made a comment ['' bad boy types,most women grow out of it by their late 20's early 30's] For all the women who ask where have all the good ,responsible men
gone.That quote holds your answer. If we were very lucky we found a good woman that wasn't chasing after bad boys and married, probibly for the rest of our lives.
The rest of us got tired of watching the bad boys get all the action so a lot of us
converted.You do what works, if alter boys got all the action,we 'd all be alter boys.
Women created for the most part this situation by putting value on the bad traits in
a man instead of marriage sustaining good ones. Then this woman ,turns thirtyish
with a couple of the bad boys kids in tow,andasking where are all the nice guys now?
Were hiding ,not good enough for yoy then,not interested now.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 629 (view)

Ladies: your take on short guys?
Posted: 4/23/2008 1:23:08 PM
To cg789:
Thank you,it's great to know that at least a small number of women out there get it.
I have read your posts on a few topics ,and you are one got-it together lady.
You have posted a number of times about women who give insulting reasons for
having a ht. preference is very much on the money.you don't have to look far for a
glaring example.
[Msg 1261]A woman posts that she won't date men shorter than her as she views them
as children and having to be a guardian and protector instead of being protected]
I find comments such as that insulting,it implies that a short man cannot protect her
or himself ,and will be prey to any larger person that chose to do them harm.To spread
this type of negative B.S. about any man,be they short-average -or tall is just plain wrong.If I were to say to a woman for example [and I never would] you are to short or
to tall or to fat , so how could you ever be a fit mother for raising children.
this type of comment cuts directly to how a woman views herself ,just as the to short
to protect comment cut to self pride and how we view ourselves as men.
Date with whatever preference you want ,it's your business, but do not make comments that will breed more disrespect for a group of men that have to fight for
every oz. of respect they get ,as it is.
I can promise you that I am quite capable of defending myself ,but my question
to any one is this?why is it that if a short man insists on getting due respect [not
picking a fight,just not looking to get walked on] he has short man syndrome.
If a tall person does the same thing ,he is just being confidant. Is it that we are viewed
as children and they are not allowed to speak up for themselves.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 28 (view)

High School Dating and Now
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:33:00 PM
As far as I know my highschool day's were far different than anyone I know. In my sophmore year I had taken a job cleaning and sweeping up at a bar that was owned by
a friend of a neighbor,before school each morning.Not long after,the bar was sold,and
I was retained by the new owners ,who then turned the bar into an 18 an over club.[live
bands and beer]That lasted about 90 days and I went to work one evening to find it
being converted into a strip club ,or as they called them in1971, go -go bar.To say
that the next year and a half had me growing up at the speed of light is almost understating it.I became a seventeen year old going on thirty .I learned so much about
myself ,and just how much I was capable of ,despite my age.
I did graduate from high school and did not fall prey to drugs,so all things considered
I would not change a thing.how many high school kids have keys to a strip club on his
key ring and interviews young strippers for a job at night.
I even had two of my male teachers come in to check out a rumer about my working there,they never gave me up though. years later I ran into one of them at the checkout
counter of a grocery store ,he was with his wife and I, my wife and children with me.
I could tell that he so badly wanted to bring it up as we made small talk in line by the
I remember you when smirk on his face,but of course no one said anything.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 61 (view)

why don't more guys give massages?
Posted: 3/8/2008 5:50:11 PM
I think you have to be willing to give a massage without expectation of anything in return, it is a gift of your skills and time you give to someone .To expect something
in return will cheapen the gift.
I do enjoy giving a message, and each one has to be as awsome as I can make it.It's
like a personal challenge for me.[that means Im not stoping until I turn you into
a stick of melted butter]and those sounds a woman makes when you do it right are plenty of payment.

I started about 10yrs. ago when a barmaid friend of mine asked me to try my hand
at it,taking over for someone that wasn't good at it.To explain a little she suffered
from Croans disease[hope thats spelled right] and had some painfull days from it.
It turns out I was a natural at it. she helped me learn what was good , and not , and
I was amazed at the power human touch had over her pain.Well I have spent the
last 10 yrs perfecting my craft. I have actually looked into getting my theropy
license, but the classes conflict with my work ,so for now it't tabled.
o. p . good luck in finding some one who can do this for you. If you get to
Troy ohio look me up ,you can have a rain check for one if you want it.

Show ALL Forums