Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
 RedSector8
Msg: 25 (view)

Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:10:35 AM
Hmmm did anyone think that maybe the reason some attractive woman date less then attractive guys is because they may feel safer and secure. I mean in the cheating department, maybe she feels like she could trust a less then hot guy, the guy may think "wow shes sooo pretty I would never mess this up". Im not sure how many "ugly" guys with a hot babe would want to be playing the field or looking elsewhere.
 RedSector8
Msg: 1 (view)

Possible spam infiltrators?
Posted: 5/30/2008 5:26:53 PM
Ummm dont know whats going on here but im getting messages from people that want me to go to certain dot com sites to view their pictures?

I have been here for a while and have never been spammed like this. Anyone else getting these random spams?
 RedSector8
Msg: 9 (view)

when you've lost a lot of weight...
Posted: 5/27/2008 10:16:40 AM
WOOOHOO on you weight loss, 200lbs huh, man o man good for you!

I too, after leaving someone, have lost weight, 50 lbs, not a whole lot like 200 but i know whatever the numbers are it is not always easy. I feel better, eat healthier, and look a little better. It was kind of funny because it seemed the more I lost and the more poeple noticed and complimented me, the more inspired i became to keep with it.

Anyway congrats!

David...
 redsector8
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile review..... Im Bombing..
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:27:51 PM
Ok i'm tweaking a bit, err the profile that is, lol.

I am not a shallow person, but its funny when i need to describe myself, and or what i am looking for, my mind goes a bit blank. Even in school i had this problem of putting thought's to paper. I do soooo much better explaining/describing things in person. Maybe i should take a day or so to really think of something special.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, it has really helped.
 redsector8
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2008 9:44:42 AM
Ok i removed the faulty music player, and edited the head line.

As for the description, i thought it said somewhere on here that the more you describe yourself and what your looking for, that you would have more success?
 redsector8
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2008 9:38:56 AM
I think the blank area has something to do with the music player. I tried that new feature where you can add music to your profile and never got it to work. But i did notice that it made that huge gap in there, anyone ever find out how to get it working? I'll remove it for now.

I just got the camera a few days ago, i plan on changing the photos around every now and then. I thought i needed to add some more everyday pic's as well. And there is no way in hell im taking my shirt off and posing, never. LOL, i felt self-conscious just showing my shoulders, but my friends were saying "Oh yea just do it, go for it" blah blah, heh.
 redsector8
Msg: 1161 (view)

Let an accomplished screenwriter rate your profile. C'mon. Try me!
Posted: 4/23/2008 7:34:17 AM
Hey, i was wondering if i could get somebody's opinion on something?

Well i just updated my profile on here, it had almost been a year since i had changed anything on here from my description to my pictures. So i just got this little camera and snapped a few. What do you think? Do i look like a meat head trying to show off, or are they acceptable? The thing is over the last year i somehow managed to lose like 50 lbs. and thought i would lift some weights to try and get back in shape. I really dont want to portray myself as a muscle bound idiot, lol. I did put a semi-dressed up picture of myself in there, do you think i need more of those? You can be as brutally honest as you want!

David...
 redsector8
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2008 7:30:32 AM
Ok I finally got my hands on a digital camera and decided to update my pics. I was wondering if i could get an opinion on something? It has almost been a year since i had changed anything on here from my description to my pictures. So i just got this little camera and snapped a few. What do you think? Do i look like a meat head trying to show off, or are they acceptable? The thing is over the last year i somehow managed to lose like 50 lbs. and thought i would lift some weights to try and get back in shape. I really dont want to portray myself as a muscle bound idiot, lol. I did put a semi-dressed up picture of myself in there, do you think i need more of those? You guys can be as brutally honest as you want! If changes need to be made then i will make them! Thanks.

David...
 RedSector8
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2008 2:42:01 PM
Ahhhh haaa, i see what you mean. I'll make some changes.

As for the pictures, bleh, yea i know, i need to grab someones digital and take some newer pics.

Thnx.
 RedSector8
Msg: 2 (view)

new to this internet dating....I need help...lol
Posted: 1/21/2008 2:30:43 PM
ROFL @ compactdisc..... that was MY impression the whole time ive been on here man.

As for the profile review person, i can tell you to just be yourself, describe who you are, and what you like to do in your life. Good luck!
 RedSector8
Msg: 1124 (view)

Let an accomplished screenwriter rate your profile. C'mon. Try me!
Posted: 1/21/2008 2:16:42 PM
When you have a moment, plz peek....
 RedSector8
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2008 2:07:50 PM
Ok, so i have adjusted my profile a few times now and nothing seems to matter. I have sent countless emails to girls and have (maybe) received less then a 1% response rate. Im not sure what if anything i am doing wrong? Some of their profiles even say "write me if your interested, and i will get back to you", but they never do! They just "read" and or "read/delete" my emails, im like wtf. Does it make me a psycho to try to communicate with the ones that just left me at "read"? Im not talking about over and over and over. I mean "read" dosent tell me much other then it was read.

I reply to everybody that has tried to contact me (the ones i didnt initiate contact with) out of respect. So, anyway, is this normal or what, do i need to do something different with my profile? Is there some secret or something?

Can anybody recommend a better (free) site for me where i may have better results? What about speed dating? Has anybody givin it a try? I feel if i can meet them in person, although briefly, lol, i may have more success.

I hope it didnt sound like i was climbing on a soap box here, im just a little miffed at my lack of better results.

Ok, take a peek and fire away!

Show ALL Forums