Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Minimalistic gym wear
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 16 (view)

Minimalistic gym wear
Posted: 1/4/2009 2:30:23 PM
Just reach out to the 80's and pull out the spandex man
Nothings more attractive than a good set of pink spandex shorts
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 43 (view)

Signs a guy likes you
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:55:35 AM
Gives you the last beer

lets you hold the remote
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 44 (view)

STOOD UP by a P.O.F. MEMBER
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:18:20 AM
I feel your pain it happens to everyone on here guys and girls. so I don't know what to tell ya
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 16 (view)

Get this!!!
Posted: 2/15/2008 6:38:10 PM
Ha ha ha yeah he was probably just looking for that reassurance that married guys need to see that they are still desirable. That or he was cheating on his wife one or the other.

Have you tried to contact him.

That would be crazy if he answered.lol
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 13 (view)

What is your kyptonite at the gym?
Posted: 2/7/2008 6:15:57 AM
Well a couple of things I guess.

1) I hate it when your right by that guy who throws around the weighs like a mad man.
Slamming them and grunting really loud. It kind of looks like he's not getting enough
attention anywhere else. So he has to annoy you into paying attention to him.

2)The weird guy from work. You know who I'm talking about. The guy that wants
to talk all the time about fitness like he knows what he's talking about. Usally
overweight, always talking, getting nothing done and always try's to get in on every
conversation in the office.
Well to make a long story short. This guy one day walked into my gym. He immediatly
came over and started talking to me and saying what I should do. Needless to say
I just had to change gyms eventually.
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 20 (view)

Do you look for originality and humour when viewing a profile?
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:40:06 AM
Very true but that depends on how you approch them on the initial contact.
I usally like to start with a good story of my life experinces.
I find that matters more than the profile to begin with.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 18 (view)

Do you look for originality and humour when viewing a profile?
Posted: 2/5/2008 10:38:07 AM
I think it's because most people are not looking for mr. funny ha ha.
I think women just want us to know who they are and not everyone's
a comedian.
Guys like humor, it's true. Ladies take this to heart. We like to laugh
and have someone laugh with us. I love funny profiles they catch me
almost right away. Then I want to read the rest of their profile.
That still doesn't mean I'm going to email them though.
I personally am not looking for funny ha ha. I'm looking for something else.
So I guess it's what you want at the time
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 40 (view)

Is hair style a package deal on a woman?
Posted: 2/1/2008 3:41:20 PM
Lol yeah I guess you really scared her off. one thing you never put down is a women's appearance. I mean never ever kind of never. lol.
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 17 (view)

I really gotta stop dating the young ones
Posted: 1/31/2008 10:31:15 PM
Dear soul union

It's funny how people who have never fought in a war or put themselves in danger always seem too say that you are the one who has not done anything to help the country.

I'll bet you never served a day in your life in the military. Have you?
You'll never know what it's like then. Fact is I have suffered for this wonderful country which I call home now. I've spent 4 years of my life overseas and 9 years total in the military. (Navy by the way and since your so intersested in what I do I'll tell you I'm a Gas Turbine Mechanic. Look it up you'll be impressed)

The breaking and crushing part was how my brother almost died and I couldn't go home to see him, my girlfriend who I'd known for 2 years and loved ended up pregent with another mans baby when I got home and the fact that I couldn't go see my older brothers wedding because it was my duty to serve. I've helped the Sailors on the USS Cole after it was bombed by terrorist off the coast of Yemen. I've stood guard and watched over the base. I've spent my life suffering for you to have the right to say what you have. What have you done?
Since you have not been hurt you just wouldn't understand.

Why don't you go complain about everyone else who has their tags misspelled.

sincerely
~Rob
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 53 (view)

is it wrong to only date guys whom im attracted to?
Posted: 1/31/2008 9:49:28 PM
I'm sure your a nice girl who knows what she wants in life and no there should be a certain level of attraction between you and your future mate. Just keep in mind that attaction comes on many levels as I myself have found out. It's just not something that comes easily. In many respects you could go out with someone that your only kind of attacted to and learn that he's a great guy who you really love later on in life.

I really hope everything works out for you and you find that special guy. Till then try to open yourself up to more possiblities in the future.

Happy fishing and good luck
sincerely Tipicalcanada
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2008 9:19:38 PM
Thanks for the post and I really think your right I was an idiot when I was younger and I guess I can't expect that they would be at the same level of a maturity as I am now.
It's frustrating though. It always is. You think you found the right one and then they totally let you down.

Like I said I'm just like everyone else here I've been cheated on, broken and crushed just like everyone else.

Your daughters sound great and I'm sure it's do to your great parenting.

again thanks for the post
 Tipicalcanada
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2008 8:55:42 PM
Wow that was a respose I wasn't expecting.
I really just like the conversation. the tipical is misspelled on purpose my friend I did this because basically I KNOW I SUCK AT SPELLING.lol. As I have said before I am a Mechanic NOT AN ENGLISH MAJOR. funny how I spelled pharmaceutical correctly though(you never seemed to mention that).

Really Mr. soul union I was never saying that no one can get these girls it's not what I was trying to say, that's not who I am. If you couldn't tell I was stricking up a conversation that I feel applies to me at the moment. I'm actually a pretty average guy.

Another thing I'm not saying that I so much "cooler" than everyone else because I can date these girls. I'm saying that there are many problems in dating them.

Another thing is just because I can get em don't be jealous. I'm not a superstud. I just like talking to everyone at the bar after I'm done playing. Why do you ask? Because it's called learning what the crowd wants to hear.(and I don't even mention that in my profile because thats not who I want from this site because I really don't want that kind of girl anymore)

Oh and thanks for the tip on how I spelled canadian wrong. lol. Good lord I'm terrible at spelling.

It also seems you don't want to carry on this conversation because you immediatly deleted my email. So I was forced to post this. coward.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 17 (view)

What do men find unattractive as far as behavior when dating?
Posted: 1/31/2008 9:57:25 AM
I only have a couple of things I hate and it seems like every guy here agrees with me on the whole "I Hate Cell Phone's" quote.

1)Cell Phone "You can got without calling everyone you know for an hour, just think of the date as a movie and turn it off."

2)Talking about their ex's "Holy Crap does this make me mad. I'm almost suprised no one else mentioned it yet. But seriously I don't care about who you've been with cause right now I'm here with you."

3)Being rude "By rude I'm talking about when a person either immediatly starts complaining about service, other people in the room, waitresses or makes fun of people with real issues, me or my friends.(poking fun at is different though) This includes bad table manners.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 366 (view)

Men posing with cars
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:30:29 AM
Lol and don't forget the guitars and bikes we pose with.
but really if were proud of our accomplishments then what does it matter.
Funny thing is that this is attrative to some women.
But who am I to say. Would you rather him be broke? or how about just a white background. it shouldn't matter what he's posing with as long as you like his profile.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 5 (view)

Honestly ladies, I am really not interested in dating at this time.
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:04:32 AM
Hey your as bad at spelling wemon(women he he) as I am.lol. but hey shouldn't that be a complament though. You should feel great about this take it as it is, a compliment.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2008 6:56:50 AM
Lol yeah yeah I know I can't spell worth a dang.
I never said I was a writer. I'm a mechanic.

But you may be right mabye it's my choices in women thats getting me in the end. Hmm... why is it that I'm so attracted to them though. I always know what's going to happen in the end. It's never good. You think all the tattoo's and peice's of metal in their head would give them away.lol. or the fact that they just started collage and daddies paying for everything. Or the fact that their drinking water all night at a bar until you buy them their first drink. ahhh .... yep I sure can pick em.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 23 (view)

Why would you mention a girl to your parents
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:41:06 AM
Well I gotta say this is either going one of two ways
1) He thinks of you as a good friend and likes to talk about the interesting things you've done
or,
2)He likes you but is to afraid to ask you out

So why don't you just test him?( But by test I don't mean test drive)
Put him in a situation where he can ask you out.
Like a date, but not really. Just say you really want to see this movie and invite him along. A romantic one.
Say some other people are coming but don't invite anyone really.
Then see if he makes a move.

But I guess the ultimate questions here are:
1)Do you like him?
2)Are you afraid of breaking his heart?
3)Can you talk to him comfortably enough to bring him down easily?
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 4 (view)

Disappearing Act - How Did You Feel?
Posted: 1/30/2008 7:58:05 AM
this actually happen to me too but I found out why. We met up at a bar, I just got done playing guitar. So I talked with her we went out for like 3 months . I ended up really liking her. Funny how I didn't catch on to the ol' my place is a mess lets go back to yours. lol. One day she stops answering phone calls emails or anything really. Turned out she was married and her husband was overseas in Iraq the whole time. I wish I knew the guys number cause I would have so ratted her out. Cheating on your man while he's off fighting in a war is just plain wrong.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2008 11:16:16 AM
Lol yes I do feel better.

I suppose I should be looking for someone with a good education and a well paying job. It's kind of funny how every ones in agreement on this one. So I guess I'll try for someone older, probably a civilian, and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 94 (view)

WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:07:01 AM
I always find it funny how women complain about this.
The problem is probably you wern't showing enough affection back so he just decided to cut his loses and move on. I always leave a week test period inbetween. If they don't call, text or whatever then they don't care and you should get out as quickly as possible. Women always complain that men don't show enough affection but the same goes in reverse. Women play the I'm interested but not really card all the time with guys. We aren't dogs and won't chase after you for too long.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 416 (view)

Why are most men looking for Friends with Benefits?
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:15:52 AM
It's funny you mention this because I've had girls who did this also its not just restricted to men. You notice it all over the military. It's not just the guys hooking up with girls from port to port its the women too.

I keep in contact with many girls everywhere from scottland to Abu Dhabi.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 1 (view)

Great valintines day poem I wrote
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:35:58 AM
I sat and wrote a hundred words to express how I felt for you.
I looked them over and decided none of them would do.

So I sat and wrote a million words in hopes to overcome.
But I looked it over and decided that was dumb.

So many words I don't need express myself to thee.
Because in truth all I need is three.

Tell me what you think!
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2008 6:25:26 AM
Sorry about the miss spell (wemon )this thing doesn't exactly have a spell checker.
If I made anyone mad about this I'm sorry but I'm just being honest it's not that I'm a superficial jerk or anything it's just how I am. I'm actually just a nice guy who keeps ending up in bad relationships. I just figure since women date older men for maturity and stability mabye I should do the same.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 158 (view)

Would you date a guy who wore a costume to a date
Posted: 1/28/2008 5:43:14 AM
I think that would be awsome, lol. I fyou actually do it tell all of us. What would make it even cooler is if she showed up in one too. say you show up in a power ranger outfit and she's in a storm trooper get up. The visual imagry to this is endless.
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2008 5:31:55 AM
No no LOL. 18 to 21 years old
 tipicalcanada
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2008 5:27:33 AM
Here's the thing and I know your gonna say I'm a typical guy but I like hot young women. The problem is that most of em are their either crazy, broke or nieve. You can pretty much break them down between the three. I know some of the women out there are gonna be mad at me for saying it.
So I guess I'll start dating wemon my own age or around there and see how it goes. Any tips on what to look out for?

Show ALL Forums