Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?
 Latticuss
Msg: 222 (view)

Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?
Posted: 8/2/2015 10:03:01 PM
Most people use some sort of wall building to keep people at long distance-could be humor, satire, etc most are afraid of having real feelings --it is painful to have dwell deep enough to come to know yourself well enough to know who you are so you know what you are passionate about--or who you really would match in life.

You need to relax and have a little fun. Over analyzing things can drive you crazy
 Latticuss
Msg: 214 (view)

Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?
Posted: 7/27/2015 11:57:59 AM
Modern feminism and PC killed romance. You are not supposed to tell a woman that she is beautiful. That is degrading to women. Because it implies that she is nothing mere than her physical appearance. So I guess you can only woo her by complimenting her grammar and organizational skills.
No more spontaneous passion. First, a You have to have the woman sign consent form, then get it notarized, then find three witnesses to sign off on it. By then the moment has passed.
Seriously though, Most people at a certain age who are single are too afraid to expose themselves to an intimate relationship . Got their heart broke in the past and they are still not over it. They come up with all kinds of excuses. Sure, they save themselves from heartbreak. But they miss the high of being in love. That fades after a while. And can be replaced by something deeper and more abiding.
Or it might not work out. There is risk in everything. Great rewards come with great risks.
 Latticuss
Msg: 10 (view)

Camping... No..?
Posted: 7/8/2015 12:44:00 PM
I agree that it's not a good idea to go camping with somebody you don't really know yet. But after an appropriate amount of time, It can be fun. Could always rent a cabin or an RV. Or go with another couple. Women like to have other women around to talk to. I've found that you can really get to know someone when you go camping. You can see if they are a giver or a taker.
 latticuss
Msg: 53 (view)

does sex relieve headaches?
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:45:28 PM
"I once cured four of nancy's headaches in one night" -John Redcorn-
 latticuss
Msg: 230 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 4/28/2013 9:48:12 AM
Thank you Mae, It needed to be said.
Getting back to the Original post, I'll throw my two cents worth in. The guy doesn't like to dance. There are women that don't like to dance. They are in the minority though.
I assume the OP is on this site to meet women. OK, so learn to dance. It will increase the number of women you come in contact with. Better yet, It's enjoyable and good excercise. Take a woman dancing and she will appreciate it. Even if your skills are not that great. If she likes you, she'll appreciate the fact that your trying.
 Latticuss
Msg: 17 (view)

Caught off guard by a Narcissist
Posted: 3/20/2013 10:50:47 AM
I've always had a different definition of narcissim I guess. Basiclly, someone who is not interspective. No capacity to ever admit mistakes. Anytime something goes wrong, it's always someone someone else's fault. Is that what you are talking about?
 Latticuss
Msg: 29 (view)

Active dating now Vs 30 years ago.
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:59:44 PM
Giggles, Well said
 Latticuss
Msg: 29 (view)

Are men really that afraid of being grandfathers?
Posted: 2/15/2013 9:27:48 AM
being a Grampa can be a lot of fun. I like kids, Just don't want to have to raise any again. The best thing about being a grampa is that it's not a full time job. Especially if you are retired and have the time. You can take them fishing or to a ball game. It doesn't take much to make kids happy. It's a unique opportunity to be a positive influence on somebody else's life.
 Latticuss
Msg: 45 (view)

Early retirement??
Posted: 2/15/2013 9:03:05 AM
Let's say you are "Retired", As in Living on $600 a month in Section 8 housing. Barely surviving. Best thing to do would be to date exclusely below your economic class. For instance, to homeless person or someone else with zero financial stability, You would seem pretty well off and comfortable. There would have to be some kind of vetting process in order to weed out the gold diggers. Because the first thing they are going to do is try to move in with you.
 Latticuss
Msg: 31 (view)

Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:14:42 PM
I would love to date a stable, fun, attractive woman. I don't expect to have sex on the first date. Trouble is, A lot of women in their 50's are bitter and not really into sex. They get into feminism way too much and complain a lot. Then if they have a couple of bucks, they try to boss you around. Sending you on meanial errands and such. No thanks. Not saying they are all like that. Just a higher proportion in that age group.
I can understand taking the time to get to know someone before having sex. But who gets to decide how long? Some women will use that as a tool to gain power over a guy. And he might be a decent guy who's just trying to do the right thing.
 Latticuss
Msg: 20 (view)

Socially unfit-out of place
Posted: 12/8/2012 6:12:43 PM
" If I'm at a party and I don't know anyone, I'll get a bag, then go around the room and ask people if they have any extra trash that they'd like to get rid of. Pretty soon, everybody wants to hang out with the cool trash guy."

-Deep thoughts by Jack Handy-
 latticuss
Msg: 150 (view)

What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 12/7/2012 9:16:26 PM
I assure you, My intentions are strictly honorable.
 Latticuss
Msg: 26 (view)

Natural remedies for high Blood pressure?
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:02:24 AM
This is a very interesting topic.

I'm 55, I struggled with high blood pressure for years. Took the meds. Kept needing stronger ones. Ultimately, they stopped working. My BP is fine now.

Everybody is looking for a magic bullet, there is none. The main thing is moderate exercise. Walking 30 minutes , three times a week. You don't have to become a triathlete. But being more active in general helps. Drink lots of water. Cut down on the salt intake. Eat more fresh food. Do something you love once in a while, Even if it's just taking a day off a going fishing with a good friend.

It may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.
 Latticuss
Msg: 123 (view)

Obama/Romney...the world is wondering.
Posted: 10/27/2012 9:56:37 PM
OP,
The Republican party decided from Obama's first day that they would not work with him on any level. Senate GOP leader Chuck Grassley declared before the world that they're main priority would be to make Obama a "One term president" Forget helping to get us out of the recession. The right put their hatred for Obama above the welfare of their country. The Republican congressional delegation wanted slow economic growth and high unemployment. because it would reflect badly on the president.

Now, the Romney strategy is to claim that Obama refused to work with the right to solve the country's problem. Nothing could be further from the truth. Moderate Republicans are being forced out by the far right. The GOP is the party of no.

Unfortunately, It will probably work. The Democrats aren't good at fighting dirty like the right is. The Democrats would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

The Tea party wants to cut spending, Lower taxes. But they have absoulutly no plan to reduce the 16 trillion dollar national debt.
 Latticuss
Msg: 83 (view)

Would you date someone who admitted to previous affairs
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:16:15 AM
Another subject that will be beat to death in here
 Latticuss
Msg: 7 (view)

Running / (actually i jog but call it running) tips
Posted: 8/4/2012 11:40:08 PM
Try raising the angle of the treadmill to 2.5 or more. It's better for your knees. Challenge yourself.
 Latticuss
Msg: 10 (view)

Want to firm up.
Posted: 8/4/2012 11:35:56 PM
What's wrong with weights? Just do 20-30 reps at each station. If you are active, Cut out all wheat flour and sugar. I guarantee that you will lose weight within 30 days. 30 minutes of aerobic exercise everyday. ( Elevated heart rate for 30 minutes) That's the only thing that burns off belly fat. Oh yea, don't drink cows milk. In fact get off dairy products completely. There is no magic pill or gimmick. Do more, eat less.
 Latticuss
Msg: 14 (view)

Is everyone this closed minded??
Posted: 7/30/2012 11:42:00 PM
Just keep looking. Take the initiative. Email them. Get something going. Go on a few dates. You think this is easy? It's not. Should you be lucky enough to get a date, you'll have cycle through 3-4 bi polar nut jobs before you find a decent woman. Just have to keep working it. Good luck.

Show ALL Forums