Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: pre nups
 lawgeek74
Msg: 161 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:56:42 PM
You guys, crack me up.Donald Trump you are not, else you would not be on a free dating site.

Why pay for what you can get without plunking down money? Donal Trump would agree with that for sure. Trust me just because dating sites charge doesn't mean the pickings are any better. I've seen those Millionaire dating sites. Same dating pool. Just more gold-digging.

Getting a prenuptial agreement is particularly important in these 8 cases:

1. You are much wealthier than your partner. A prenuptial agreement can ensure that your partner is marrying you for who you are, and not for your money.

2. You earn much more than your partner. A prenuptial agreement can be used in many states to limit the amount of alimony that is payable. Advanced degrees carry the potential to earn high salaries. Anybody with an advanced degree should consider one.

3. You are remarrying. When you remarry, your legal and financial concerns are often very different than in your first marriage. You may have children from a previous marriage, support obligations, and own a home or other significant assets. A prenuptial agreement can ensure that when you pass away, your assets are distributed according to your wishes, and that neither your first family, nor your new family are cut off.

4. Your partner has a high debt load. If you are marrying someone with a significant debt load, and don’t want to be responsible for these debts if your marriage ends, then a prenuptial agreement can help ensure that this does not happen.

5. You own part of a business. Without a prenuptial agreement, when your marriage ends, your spouse could end up owning a share of your business. Your business partners may not want this to happen. A prenup can ensure that your spouse does not become an unwanted partner in your business.

6. To prevent your spouse from overturning your estate plan. A prenuptial agreement can ensure that you estate plan works, and, for instance, ensure that a specific heirloom remains in your family.

7. You are much poorer than your partner. Just as a prenuptial agreement can be used to protect a spouse who is well off, a prenup can also be used to ensure that the partner who is weaker financially is protected.

8. If you plan to quit your job to raise children. Quitting your job will negatively impact your income and your wealth. A prenuptial agreement can ensure that the financial burden of raising the children is shared fairly by both partners.

Child Support cannot be covered in a pre-nup btw. The support is not the spouse's to contract for, it is for the child.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 159 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:13:52 PM
I want to remind people that domestic relations is a state issue/provincial issue. Pre-nups are accorded different weight in different regions. However there is a trend in courts affording more weight to pre-martial contracts rather than courts scrapping them wholesale.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 144 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 1/6/2010 6:04:50 PM
Pre-nups are not broken easily. I think that rumor is of additional money he offered her. That is suspicious anyway.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 143 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 1/6/2010 3:51:22 PM
I hope people realized that property is not the only thing protected with a pre-nup. Anyb0dy with advanced degrees should consider them because of future earnings and business partnerships may require them these days.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 58 (view)

At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 1/6/2010 11:50:17 AM
Gee, if you were a man, women would tell you to suck it up. Rejection comes with the territory.

Why not take your lumps like everybody else? It would be a lonely long life alone if that is truely want to want to choose.

Sorry Uniquesoul: I hate people spreading incorrect information.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 57 (view)

At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:39:53 AM

I think you will find that Autism is not the result of an older mother and I have read that it is in fact more to do with the father's lineage- and immunisation triggering it.I am a parent of an Autistic son and 3 other children also. Whilst Autism is a challenge it is no more considered the horrific defect it once used to be. It is no more annoying than some personality traits of non-autistic individuals -who have no excuse but ignorance

This was recently shown to be not the case. They are back to blaming increased autism on older women. The study blaming older fathers was subject to statistical error. Sorry ladies.

http://virginiahughes.com/2009/10/08/mothers-age-big-factor-in-autism-risk/

"The prevailing wisdom, based on several high-profile studies, is the opposite: that men older than 40 have up to six times the risk of their younger counterparts of fathering a child with autism, whereas older women have little — if any — increase in that risk. The authors of the new report say that those conclusions are the result of a statistical fluke that exaggerates the real risk for older men."
 lawgeek74
Msg: 32 (view)

Why Are So Many Young Pple Gettin Hitched & Then Divorced?
Posted: 12/29/2009 10:58:32 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starter_marriage
A starter marriage is a first marriage that lasts five years or less and ends before the couple has children.[1] The term, a play on the expression "starter home", appears as one of the footnotes in Douglas Coupland's 1991 novel Generation X. However, published usage of the term grew significantly after the publication of Pamela Paul's 2002 book The Starter Marriage and the Future of Matrimony.

Paul analyzed historical trends in American matrimony, pointing out that, as of 2002, Americans were getting married only slightly older than 100 years before, but that they were living decades longer. (In fact, Americans of Generation X are getting married at a rate closer to that of their grandparents than of their Baby Boomer parents.) She also claimed that some young couples get married for reasons not strong enough to support a long relationship, and that an increasing number of them end their marriages quickly. Paul's book caused controversy for suggesting that these divorces are a good thing, if they happen before the couple has had children.[2]

Paul's research consisted mostly of census data analysis and interviews with dozens of young divorced people, most of whom fell into one of several categories: people who got married to complete a "power couple" life, to move out of their parents' houses, out of fascination with weddings, or because they had been dating a long time and marriage was easier than breaking up. Finally, Paul discussed the emotional wreckage left by these divorces and analyzed public policy that can minimize the damage.

The book came out at the same time as some highly public celebrity breakups, including those of Tom Green and Drew Barrymore,[3] Angelina Jolie,[4] Jennifer Lopez,[5] Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley,[6] and socialite Nina Griscom.[7] This helped it garner enormous attention.[8]

In 2005, Kate Harrison's The Starter Marriage: A Novel and Gigi Levangie Grazer's The Starter Wife referenced Paul's use of the term. The latter became the basis for a USA Network miniseries of the same name in 2007, and a television series that ran from 2008–2009.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 123 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 12/25/2009 6:10:40 PM
Yes post-nups exist but they are still not wide in use. You have wide birth to set out what you want to agree to. It is not too late. Please see an attorney about it.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 18 (view)

Mary Kay LeTourneau
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:45:29 AM
Age 0f consent and position of influence issues. The state is the one that brings the case. I wonder how many other teachers would be diddling kids if you folks have your way...
 lawgeek74
Msg: 66 (view)

I'm too old to have a baby
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:32:47 PM
The quality of a man's sperm is not automatically diminished. Some men do not show any age related issues with their DNA. It's thought that any increased DNA damage is due to rare tumors that can develop in an older mans' testicles.

Sperm is made fresh and dies soon after produced so any DNA damage/mutation should come from a source such as these tumors.

Quality of sperm can also be improved by diet general, health and sexual activity. Sperm quality is thus flexible but alas eggs DNA quality cannot be improved as of yet.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 38 (view)

Do guys still believe in the 3rd date rule???
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:22:29 AM
I think the three date rule is in effect much more these days. This is the communication age. People text, im and talk more easily and therefore kn0w when chemistry is there or not.

Why waste time and money on someo9ne there is no future with? Viva la three date rule!
 lawgeek74
Msg: 70 (view)

Why would a guy go on this site looking for friends???
Posted: 12/13/2009 1:06:05 PM
Maybe he is not in a place in his life where he can sustain a relationship. They come with obligations and drama. Friendships carry less obligations and emotional entanglements, but you also don't get lonely.

Simple reason..
 lawgeek74
Msg: 12 (view)

the pressure to settle down
Posted: 12/11/2009 9:58:16 AM
Why does the dude have to bear the brunt of your schedule? Relationships can't be put on a time clock.

It is unfair of you to say that "I partied in my 20s but now my eggs are rotting so I need to know where this is going"....

One checkpoint at a time. You are not casting a play. You are looking for a life partner.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 86 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 12/5/2009 11:35:25 AM
Divorce is always an option when one gets married. Consider no-fault divorce. Your counselor is being irresponsible.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 82 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 12/4/2009 11:19:55 PM
Notice when she got angry she immediately demanded the pre-nup be amended? She is wants $$$. Imagine if Tiger didn't have that pre-nup in place? Not romantic sure, but it's hardly stupid idea for tiger to limit his exposure.

I think all those affairs in five years is a clear indication that he isn't the faithful kind. He is stupid to draw the inevitable break up out. He should just give her the money and just cut her loose. All he is doing is giving her a bigger chunk of money.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 16 (view)

New guy
Posted: 12/4/2009 9:26:07 PM
Many women avoid having the break up talk. Women are good at withdrawing and letting you be the bad guy, you break it up and then she can proceed guilt free.

"but its just church"
"Volunteering"

Bullshit.....get your balls back and dump her. Do not enter another relationship with a girl until you are at least 25. Pump and dump. FWB and some other casual will do ya.
just say you" have made a connection elsewhere and you aren't feeling it anymore"

Honestly anything else is a waste of time and extra heartache.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 2 (view)

Does a guy who wants children in the future change his mind?
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:43:43 PM
I don't see a future. Cut him loose now to make it less painful. In my view this is a big lifestyle decision. Any conflict here should not be glossed over just because he finds you attractive.

It is all about having the partner that makes me want to have the offspring with. She is the trigger. Maybe just fantastic and he has fooled himself into thinking that you will change your mind.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 377 (view)

Women want commitment but he is upfront that it is not going to happen
Posted: 12/3/2009 3:15:34 PM
Some people in this thread believe that anything other than marriage is a non-commitment and therefore illegitimate or less secure.

It would be too easy to walk away from in their eyes. They fail to acknowledge the ease in which a marriage can be dissolved in this day and age of disposable relationships.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 375 (view)

Posted: 12/3/2009 2:58:57 PM
Changing ones mind is fine. People do this all the time. It is the assumption of these intelligent educated women that this man will change his mind after such clearly stated objection to marriage/cohabitation.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 372 (view)

Posted: 12/3/2009 2:15:10 PM

He's only got to go by what she tells him and if she's told him from the get go that she's satisfied with this arrangement, how is he at fault when she's changed her mind?

The same way women are held to be at fault if they consistently choose men who are abusers, cheaters, liars, etc. The men may not INTEND to be abusive, cheaters or lie at the start of a relationship, or they may know that they'll do all those things; either way, they don't come out at the beginning of the relationship by saying "this is what's going to happen down the road". Nonetheless women are held to be partially responsible when they continue to choose the same type of man repeatedly.

I do not think it is fair to compare a class and age of woman to an abusive subset of men. Yes, both are patterns but one is a chosen pattern and the other is the result of a psychological deficit. Abused women have an inability to see what is bad for them and repeat the pattern. This man has an ability to see what is bad for him AND takes measures to mitigate them by expressly avoiding it by stating his preference.

Apples and oranges here completely.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2009 4:47:37 PM
The prevailing wisdom, based on several high-profile studies, is the opposite: that men older than 40 have up to six times the risk of their younger counterparts of fathering a child with autism, whereas older women have little — if any — increase in that risk. The authors of the new report say that those conclusions are the result of a statistical fluke that exaggerates the real risk for older men.

http://virginiahughes.com/2009/10/08/mothers-age-big-factor-in-autism-risk/
 lawgeek74
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2009 4:02:08 PM
I did and those articles are old. Pay attention to the date please. The articles that you have tell of some mysterious correlation of AGE and unfortunate effects.

Again paternal age is not a big factor in autism. Maternal age is. It was dis proven. There was an error in how the data was analyzed.

My articles are newer and have focused the search of the rare tumors that I was speaking about.

Intelligence is has not been tied to Sperm Quality. The hypothesis is that Older mothers provide a more nurturing environment.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2009 10:10:27 PM
The problem with the above is that not every man sperm have the change in genetic quality that a woman has in her eggs. Eggs are not made fresh. Eggs are made from a germ cells and sit in a womans body for fifty years. Male Sperm made from a germ cell is constantly remade.

http://www.physorg.com/news175702626.html

The reason SOME men have the decrease in Sperm DNA quality and others do not is blamed on the Testicular tumor. At least this week. This Tumor is supposedly rare though. Not every man will be affected.

Sperm quality is also affected by diet, foot intake, anti-oxidants, laptops and even daily sex. All can make Sperm DNA better in motility and DNA Quality. Also look at the following. It predates the above. Not all men have Age related effects.

https://publicaffairs.llnl.gov/news/2006/NR-06-06-01p.html

Men age. Men's Sperm regenerates
 lawgeek74
Msg: 297 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2009 5:53:07 PM
Marriage is *the* commitment, both in intention and practice, that beats all other commitments. That so many end doesn't change the way in which people believe in it, or how hard they try to make it a success.

You can believe in it all you like and try to make it a success all you like but it is an institution that fails in its goal for life long commitment. It is also failing as a concept that holds sway for true commitment. The divorce rate is is only recently hitting a plateau from a steady increase due to people refraining from partaking of the institution. No-fault divorce makes dissolution of the so called "commitment of marriage" too easy.

The true commitment I was referring to was a less tangible one of intent. Not common-law marriage to which I am not considering.

Not a legal bind that can be undone by the unilateral whim of one party and a stroke of a pen but a meeting of the minds on how they would conduct their lives. Exclusivity. Partnership.

This is the very essence of what a marriage should be. It is failing as an institution. People lack confidence in it.
These women had it all. But they did not see it.
I say give the alternatives to traditional marriage time to take hold. It is premature yet.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-07-18-cohabit-divorce_x.htm
 lawgeek74
Msg: 289 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2009 3:38:57 PM
But this man doesn't seem to want a common-law relationship either. He wants an exclusive relationship/dating scenario. Divorce rate for second marriage is in excess of 60%. He definitely has reason to avoid it. Common-law relationships have unfortunate legal consequences as well. Again, why involve the law if you don't have to?
 lawgeek74
Msg: 286 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2009 2:19:40 PM

If anything, the man maybe suffers from marriage phobia. Gamophobia. Different.
1. A marriage phobic is the one who is suffering from irrational fears from marriage.
2. These people get gun shy with the topic of marriage. They have formed and conceived countless "reasons" to feel this way.
3. Generally, for both men and women the reason of being marriage phobic can be the very idea that their life may change drastically after marriage.
4. Other phobias may combine to give this phobia strength.

But he has already been married. He has seen it to be an illusion of commitment it really is. Marriage isn't commitment. These women had the true commitment but they were too too obsessed with legality to see that.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2009 8:27:13 AM
At risk of going off topic, I'm really interested in this topic above. I've seen the bleeding edge studies and there has been much change in what they are saying. Autism is now blamed on the ladies, again and the paternal age factor is now blamed on rare tumors that corrupt the new sperm DNA being created. These age effects are not seen on all men. BIG PLUS Sperm Quality can be influenced by diet and daily sex to improve greatly. All women on the other hand must contend with old eggs. Currently there is no way to refresh them.

I like a sexy older lady as much as the next man but the risks of Downs Syndrome, Autism
and other Trisomies are much greater, than with any man in your age range.

That said, you can still have healthy babies into your forties as long as you know the risks.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 252 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2009 2:38:13 PM
I think the distinction is that the ladies in question push him into something that he has said he doesn't want: marriage. They do this despite the previous express agreement plus the action of living the marriage expectation-free lifestyle.

They seem to have had an expectation that they would change his solid beliefs. They then tried to push him toward marriage.

It would be one thing if he gave them the idea that he could change his mind later on. He did not do this. He was adamant.

They ignored what he said and how he lived his life and tried to push him into being the husband they wanted.

I fit this disrespectful at least. Deceitful at worst. No wonder he doesn't want to marry with these ladies ignoring fundamental wishes.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 242 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2009 12:47:22 PM
I know far fewer women between 30-40 who would settle for such an arrangement. It doesn't mean that he can't find what he's looking for in that age group.........it just means he's looking for a "needle in a haystack."

I don't think it is anywhere near a needle in a haystack if he sits them down and explains to them his view and they turns around and AGREE to his lifestyle. He has no trouble finding women. He has trouble finding women don't who think they can change his mind.

I can blame women for wanting what they want and doing a 180. Choose one or the other!
 lawgeek74
Msg: 240 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2009 12:03:34 PM
Why should he settle for the older ladies? He knows what he likes! You are attracted to what you are attracted to. I think it is unreasonable to say that only post-menopausal women do no want marriage. There are plenty of women in that age 30-40 age that should be available to him.

Please try that "settle" word on women and see successful you are to get them to sign on for that. You tell them to go for men ten years older than what they have in their profile and see what response you get.

He does the simplest, most direct thing you could do. He asks them if the lifestyle he has chosen is something they can live with. Either they delude themselves or they do a 180.

Btw post-menopausal women are quite capable of both of the above I think.

It is unreasonable for him to change what his is attracted to? Is it unreasonable for him to believe that these intelligent women will stick to their word?
 lawgeek74
Msg: 231 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2009 11:26:58 AM
So professional women attractive 30-40 all want marriage and are capable fantastic feats of self-delusion?

Which class/Age of women are not capable of this self-delusion? Because it HIS fault for choosing the same women over and over again right?

Perhaps a deep hypnotic suggestion would help?

Ridiculous.

It is unreasonable for them to think that he will change his mind after clearing stating a fundamental that he will not want to be married again.

lawgeek74
Msg: 201 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 7:55:08 PM

Lawgeek is unwisely assessing blame - typical of the legal culture - but immature & hasty in real life.

It is not necessary to "blame" anyone, and your insistence that this guy is "lily-white" innocent only causes me to think that you (lawgeek) have a hidden mysogynistic agenda.

barbyanne2

Have you missed all the posts calling the gentleman a player for choosing a lifestyle and sticking to his guns? Maybe the other names of commitment-phobe or simply damaged? These names all suggest that this gentleman has some kind of deficit and is therefore at fault for the failure of the relationships currently being discussed. Because of this supposed deficit, some posters here are indeed blaming him for the relationships failure.

These women agree with his lifestyle and partake in it for a year at least minimum. They then decide to get upset when they realize he means what he says.

As towards my supposed "hidden misogynistic agenda", I don't hate women. I simply have little patience for stupidity.

It is a fact that he is in a repetitive cycle that is has a 100% failure rate. Not impressive.

The odds of meeting 4 women in a row who are deluded enough to think that boinking him means he will (sooner or later) want more than just sex, are quite high.
I'm not convinced he's leading anybody on.

I'll go with that.

It is a fact that we do not know exactly what he is telling these women

We only know what the OP gave us in the scenario. He stated clearly that the man in question did not lie.

It is a strong probability that HE needs to change something about what he is doing to get a different result as the same actions generally produce the same or similar results.

Again, his method for attracting these women is not at issue. We were only given a type of woman that this man likes:Single professional women 30-40. Perhaps he should remind them every morning before they get the first coffee that is isn't the marrying kind? Wow that would be annoying..lol.

I suggested an escort service, and I still think it is the best kind of woman for his type.

Why pay for sex? He is getting companionship and sex in the relationships he is maintaining. Until of course the women snap out of their denial.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 157 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 11:26:44 AM
Blaming him is ridiculous. This method for attracting these women isn't at issue. He only has a type that he is attracted to. 30-40 attractive professional women. The only thing he is doing the same is believing these independent women when he says he doesn't want to get married and that the women are ok with it.

He cannot compensate for their denial. They are adults and should stick to an agreement.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 146 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2009 10:28:19 AM

The same man has been doing the same thing, and encountering the same problem with it, for nearly 20 years. He being the sole common denominator, the evidence is clear that he's repeatedly creating this problem. You keep doing the same thing, expecting a magically different outcome each time, regardless of what the specific matter is, yes, it's your own fault when you get the same outcome again and again.

Obviously he needs to change something about what he's doing - if he does want this pattern to change. Given the specifics of this problem, I suggest that he try seeking out women who, like him, have been married, and also have, for several years, been very certain that they never want to remarry. Since the lengthy history indicates that he is very determined to continue repeating the pattern, I am sure he will have some reason why this is unacceptable, but IMO it's worth mentioning.

What you are saying is that women cannot be trusted to listen to a man and respect his wishes within a relationship? They can be depended on to discard his clear wants and expect him to push for an institution he doesn't want? Ok ladies.

And Btw sperm genetic quality is much more flexible than egg quality. It can be improved by doing many things and not every mans sperm quality degrades with age. Just had to get that out there.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 105 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2009 8:24:00 PM
Last time I checked a man is not immortal. He invest just as much time in a relationship as she does. You know a marriage can be ended easily. A marriage is security or commitment only in a woman's mind. That security/commitment is illusory and hence the current 60% divorce rate.

Why should he owe her anything if he spent the same time in a relationship as she did?
 lawgeek74
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2009 7:14:42 PM
Marriage is not commitment is this day and age of 60% failure and no fault divorce. If these women weren't so clueless they would realize they have a good thing going. He has done marriage and it is not for him in the future. he has clearly expressed as such to them. He shouldn't feel guilty. He has not done anything wrong.

Not a commitment phobe. He likes commitment. He does not like marriage.

Done.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2009 6:24:02 PM
People have long term relationships that do not lead to marriage. Ask Kurt Russel. Ask many divorced wives who don't want to give up ex-hubby's alimony check. The act of maintaining a steady long term relationship does not constitute leading anybody into anything more serious. Especially if he SAYS it's not going to happen.

These women are foolish to think otherwise!
 lawgeek74
Msg: 84 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2009 6:04:38 PM
If a woman's feelings interfere with her logic why is this man labeled a player. The woman is betrayed by her own denial. The man has no fault whatsoever!! If fact, he is being more honest with the woman than she is being to herself!

She is in denial.

He is honest and blameless!
 lawgeek74
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2009 10:49:54 AM

FACT: Nobody was there to hear what the gentleman was telling any of those ladies.
FACT: Nobody knows how truthful and upfront he is being.
FACT:It is about sex.
He is not just hanging out with them, taking them places and calling them up.
If all he wanted was company he could be going around saying "All I want is to be friends, nothing more, I won't have sex with you"

FACT: women and men hear what they want to hear, when they are lonely and/or horny.

Why assume he was lying?
The only facts are as the Op presented them. The man told those ladies that he didn't want to get married.
You assume he was lying when the facts presented are otherwise.
It isn't about sex. He treated them like relationships. He simply did not want to marry them.
Of course he wants sex and the relationship. Just not to get married.

How can you have so completely warped the facts of this post to suit your men just want sex view?
 lawgeek74
Msg: 57 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 11/28/2009 12:58:28 AM
"Duress" in regards to a pre-nup is usually eliminated if they have time to sign in well in advance of the marriage. Of course it also means the either party signed "freely and voluntarily".

There are other factors that invalidate pre-nups, but they are pretty basic. To say a pre-nup is worthless is greatly overstating things. Ask Donald Trump.

I say all of this very generally of course. One should always be aware of each state domestic relations laws before attaching the ball and chain.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 11/27/2009 5:21:41 PM
How can you be as player when you have communicated that you don't want to be married? These women play themselves if anything. He is being honest. I'd want to my daughter to be with a guy like this because she is not being deceived.

There is no victim or no person taken advantaged of. Just some silly self-delusional women that think they will change a man contrary to his CLEAR wishes. Emotions will rule over any logic with these women. It is sad.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 34 (view)

pre nups
Posted: 11/26/2009 1:35:46 PM
The person you marry is rarely the same person you divorce. It gets nasty. Emotions run high and people will hurt emotionally to avenge a previous emotional hurt. People grab what they can get and grab things to hurt the other person. It is said that relationships require the chance of being hurt. Marriages are no different. You people are naive to think the person taking sweet to you in the beginning of the relationship will remain the same person at the end of it. And I never under estimate a woman's sense of entitlement. Ever!

BTW, Pre-nups are pretty solid in Canada due to a supreme court ruling. Done right, the judge will defer to them.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 5 (view)

On professionals and commitment (interesting one)
Posted: 11/20/2009 6:32:21 PM
I know many professionals who aspire to be professionals strictly to put themselves in a better position to meet better mates. For men this is especially important in certain cultures. For women it has the opposite effect due to men wanting traditional wives and mothers.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 14 (view)

rape/molestation victims and dating.....
Posted: 11/19/2009 11:00:07 AM
I went through this with someone who denied herself therapy and I can say that anyone who doesn't seek therapy after something like this will have issues. Do yourself a favor and steer clear. You'll save yourself a world of hurt. Intimacy/trust issues is an understatement.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 177 (view)

Tattoos on the breasts
Posted: 11/15/2009 7:45:03 PM
its a turn off for me. Not even friendzone.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 53 (view)

starting a family after 40
Posted: 11/15/2009 1:23:57 PM

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Periods/Pages/News.aspx?ListID=7&CurrentPage=4&NewsId={6825FFFA-29CF-4F65-BC08-781B21C8430C}

Dad's age not a big player in child's autism risk

One problem with teasing out the effects of maternal versus paternal age, the researcher noted, is that older women tend to marry older men, and vice-versa. To account for this, Bearman and his colleagues analyzed paternal age and autism risk independently of maternal age. When they did this, the risk associated with being an older dad disappeared.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 49 (view)

starting a family after 40
Posted: 11/13/2009 5:19:59 PM
Women are born with all the eggs they will ever have....sorry to say.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1225244/DNA-fertility-test-warns-women-long-left-start-family.html
 lawgeek74
Msg: 124 (view)

How do men feel about a woman with short hair?
Posted: 11/10/2009 2:04:27 PM
I prefer long hair. Not many women can carry the short hair look with their sexiness suffering in my book.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 75 (view)

how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?
Posted: 11/10/2009 11:31:58 AM
Women have unrealistic expectations of what marriage is. Too much emphasis on the wedding and not enough on the marriage. Men don't not allow them to pressure you when you are not ready. More so when they are not ready. Don't think because she wants it she is ready. Test her! Even when you do know it is not a good idea to get married. Resist the nester pressure.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 14 (view)

Freezing sperm
Posted: 11/7/2009 10:13:40 PM
https://publicaffairs.llnl.gov/news/2006/NR-06-06-01p.html

Unlike in women, the researchers found no correlation between male aging and chromosome changes that cause Down’s syndrome and other forms of trisomies – such as Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome, triple X syndrome, and XYY in offspring – that are associated with varying types and severity of infertility as well as physical and neurological abnormalities. They did conclude, however, that some older men could be at risk for fathering children with dwarfism, and that “a small fraction of men are at increased risks for transmitting multiple genetic and chromosomal defects.”

In the case of Apert syndrome, a serious disfiguring birth defect, the researchers found that the effects of advancing male age may differ among different groups of men. Apert syndrome gene mutations increased in the sperm of a second group of men recruited in the Baltimore inner city by researchers at Johns Hopkins Medical Center, while no age effects were observed in the group of men recruited in California.

Wyrobek noted that these differences in finding suggest that factors other than age may be involved, raising the possibility that socioeconomic or dietary factors or ethnic background may also be involved in how age affects the quality of human sperm.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There you have it! Don't worry too much about it!

1) Eat properly
2) Have sex daily/Spank the monkey
3) Don't smoke

You can have healthy baby you many years hence. You are already ahead of the game being a vegetarian!!

Goodluck

Show ALL Forums