Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 482 (view)

What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:39:07 PM
When the guy says in his subject line " just looking", like it's a ****ing car lot or something!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 40 (view)

Superiority complex
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:37:22 PM
And the tables begin to turn!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 120 (view)

Virginia Law: Mandatory Vaginal probes
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:25:14 PM

.therefore, abortion would become murder.

However anybody who believes this is an idiot!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 135 (view)

Name 5 laws you believe should be changed here in Canada
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:13:49 PM
And stop Harper's Crime Bill! But that's a pretty big Bill!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 39 (view)

At what age did you start aging & did you accept it?
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:08:55 PM
I'm 39 and I'm having a hard time accepting it! I don't have any kids :(

I worry about my parents, etc ...

Now I'm all depressed!

>:/
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 119 (view)

Virginia Law: Mandatory Vaginal probes
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:04:32 PM
I can't believe society is still trying to tell women what to do with their bodies!

Jesus, get over it already!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 164 (view)

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard.
Posted: 6/18/2011 3:07:46 AM

freedom of speech

Freedom of speech is not free....not by a long shot!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 158 (view)

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard.
Posted: 6/17/2011 7:31:18 PM

but does he still have the right to do this

Absolutely NOT! It's a violation of privacy ! Period!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 47 (view)

Dr Death Jack Kevorkian dies peacfully in his sleep.
Posted: 6/17/2011 7:27:15 PM

It is funny how our country locked up Kevorkian for his suicide assists, yet we still execute people in this country, and there was outrage when the US Supreme Court ruled you cannot execute someone for any crime except murder

Perfect example of cognitive dissonance my friend!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 81 (view)

Bin Laden
Posted: 5/2/2011 6:37:19 PM

You're more than welcome to give up your citizinship....and everything that citizinship entails.......and go live in another country...

I'd never want to be American!

If you think your government has never terrorized or killed an obscene amount of innocent civilians perhaps you should give your head a shake!!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 17 (view)

when you deal with a difficult boss
Posted: 1/6/2011 8:43:08 AM
I work with street entrenched women and I love my job!
One of my bosses is very condescending! She's not nice at all. She doesn't work with any of our clients, she just sits in her office.

The good majority of management is very supportive which is important when working in this particular environment. But this one woman, she just talks to staff like they're imbeciles.

I really just want to slap her upside the head!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 3 (view)

Winter Running!
Posted: 1/3/2011 1:06:52 PM
This is definitely great advice! :)
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1 (view)

Winter Running!
Posted: 1/3/2011 11:33:44 AM
So I've impulsively registered for a half marathon which takes place at the end of Jan. I've done one before however it was during the late summer and I'm by no means an expert runner.

For this particular event we can walk, run or do a bit of both.
What I would like to know is what to expect besides freezing my ass off!

For example my nose always runs when it's cold! (No pun intended)
Should I brink a wad of Kleenex?
What about the clothing, what's the best options?
Mitts, hats etc..

Any advice will help!

Cheers!

:)
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 13 (view)

Interesting American Democratic Justice System.
Posted: 12/15/2010 8:44:54 AM
The US government is no more then a dictatorship hiding behind the sloganism "national security!"

Violate the rights of humans around the world for our nations security.
You can't even fly over USA airspace without them wanting to give you a pap smear for fak sakes!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 37 (view)

Escalating Violence in todays youth.
Posted: 12/9/2010 9:24:54 AM

We are also taking violence,,,,NOT court appearances,charges and whatever else that they can come up that can show "numbers". A lot of theses little shiats don't even see a cop let alone a judge.

Violent crimes such as what? Murder? Rape? Robbery?
If these crimes go unreported (which they don't)then the problem is within your particular jurisdiction and the way the Chief of Police is running the show, not to mention the mayor!
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 34 (view)

Robert Latimer out on full parole! Well it's about time!
Posted: 12/9/2010 6:45:37 AM

I lost my son 5 years ago ... he died quite by accident. No matter how a child dies, it's something we never get over.

I'm so sorry to hear that cotter. My deepest sympathies.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2010 6:30:05 PM
The Peaceful Pill Handbook

In 1996, Dr Nitschke came to world attention when he became the first physician to administer a legal, lethal, voluntary injection using the Deliverance Machine* under Australia’s Rights of the Terminally Ill Act. This Act made Voluntary Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide legal.

http://www.peacefulpillhandbook.com/page/Philip+Nitschke

Currently he's banned from Canadian airwaves.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2010 6:19:11 AM
And then comes Oregon

^^
(This isn't my area of expertise so just to be honest I'm just doing this research very quickly)

However I'm under the impression that this legislation is still in effect!

If I were to bring back Latimers case with his daughter that would be a very sticky situation in terms that she would not fit the criteria for sec
(1) "Adult" means an individual who is 18 years of age or older.
and
sec (7) "Informed decision" means a decision by a qualified patient, to request and obtain a prescription to end his or her life in a humane and dignified manner, that is based on an appreciation of the relevant facts and after being fully informed by the attending physician of:

IMO, I believe legislation like this could work.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights

" Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

Dignity is often the word that get's dismissed.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 27 (view)

Birthdays in December
Posted: 12/6/2010 5:56:47 AM
^^
My my mother used to do that with me as well! We live too far apart now but still see each other during the holidays thank goodness!

I truly love this month the most! :)

Thanks for the Happy b-day as well. It was a good day!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 24 (view)

Birthdays in December
Posted: 12/5/2010 5:50:37 PM
It's my b-day today therefore it's not too close to X-mas! I also had the added bonus of having big fluffy snowflakes fall down on me while I was walking home from work!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2010 4:01:23 PM
^^

I 100% agree! If I had a terminal illness and needed the assistance of someone to end my suffering I would not want that individual to be punished for it.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 882 (view)

Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 12/3/2010 3:27:22 PM

on the other hand they are targets of lawsuits (“police cruelty”)

I agree their jobs can be very difficult, very traumatic.
Lawsuits however come out of our pockets!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 880 (view)

Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 12/3/2010 1:09:25 PM

They dislike them from personal experience. Kind of like going to Denny's and the waiters treat you like shit and the food sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFq66qIWajo

Ottawa police officers giving a woman who was detained illegally an experience of her life!

Your argument is bunt!

Booya!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2010 6:07:14 AM
I remember Sue Rodriguez who suffered from Lou Gehrig's disease advocating for her right to die by assisted suicide and the Supreme Court denying that.

I know that case is somewhat different than the Latimer case however let's bring back Dr. Kevorkian. If someone wanted to die with the help of a Dr, should the courts have a right to intervene.
If you were in Rodriguez situation and you decided it was time for you to go and the courts said "Nope", would that be ok. In certain circumstances like those is it ok for the courts to deny a persons request to assisted suicide.

MSP Margo MacDonald in Scotland has been hoping to pass a Bill for people who are terminally ill to seek someone to help them end it. The Bill is on it's way out though. It's too controversial.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/8471553.stm

Note: Psychiatric conditions wouldn't apply!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2010 1:04:24 PM

But there has to be a difference between my personal feelings and the principles that govern Canada.

Ah yes !The fundamental principles of justice.
Case law is not set in stone!
It used to be illegal to be gay! Now we have same-sex marriages! ;)

As for his release he was at is 2/3rds. Karla Halmolka served her full sentence incarcerated, but then again, she was a threat to society! Latimers not!

We have a funny way of enforcing our justice system.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2010 12:51:31 PM

How does he know she was in constant pain?

That didn't come from him. I believe that was based on medical documentation brought forth by the examination-in-chief of Dr Anne K. Dzus, in R vs Latimer.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2010 9:16:58 AM

he'd not have gotten probation, and probably be dead by a shank stabbing in prison by now

Highly unlikely. He was a model 'prisoner'. Those that get 'shanked' in prison are ones who are caught up in gangs, drugs, pedophilea rapists, etc. Plus he was in medium security.
The chances of an individual like Latimer getting shanked would be very slim. Even in Americas crazy ass prison system!
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2010 9:09:30 AM

No one has mentioned if there was any indication whether or not his daughter wished to die

I can't imagine in that condition how anyone would want to live.
 Sweet_le_Senza

Posted: 11/30/2010 7:07:48 AM
Robert Latimer, whose daughter Tracy suffered cerebral palsy and who was in constant pain. Robert decided to end her suffering. He didn't beat her to death. He didn't shoot her. (Even though he considered it) He let her fall into a deep sleep via carbon monoxide poisoning.

This by far, was one of the most controversial cases in Canada.
I for one, did not believe he deserved to be incarcerated. Total waste of tax papers money.

Was he guilty of taking the life if his daughter? Of course he was!
Was he a danger to society! NOPE!
Do I think he's going to kill again? NOPE!
Do I believe this was a devastating decision for him to make! Absolutely!

Thoughts on his full parole and his incarceration in general.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 8 (view)

Bill C-42 Is the USA going to far?
Posted: 11/26/2010 7:42:28 AM
Also if you have the same last name as someone on the 'no-fly' list, then what happens?

Remember Abousfian Abdelrazik? He was placed on the no fly list because he worked with someone who had ties to Al Quida even though he, himself knew nothing about it.They were just co-workers. He spent 6 yrs in Sudan I believe it was.

Now the States are looking for people with the same last name. And like I said before, then what?
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 11/26/2010 7:04:37 AM
If you have a last name like Jones, Smith, Taylor, they won't even bother with you.

If you're Arabic, good luck to you! Racial profiling at it's finest.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2010 4:35:15 PM

LOL maybe if the teachers /councelors/ and school cops kept their eyes & ears open

Maybe we should start putting the responsibility back on the shoulders of the parents on not the rest of society!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2010 4:33:02 PM
[ quote] They stopped giving them out in 2000,,,,,that would be 10 years ago.

uuhhh no!
They go from 2008/2009. Not having any stats past 2000 would defeat the whole purpose of Statistics Canada! You do know that right?

no. If a person actually does an act, yet does not get caught(or they volunteer their participation) how does anyone know if it happens, other than the record of the "act"?????

Do you have any evidence of this?
Or are you just suggesting your police force is a joke and the politicians that have been voted in are even more thick?

Start providing me with some sources here pal!
 Sweet_le_Senza

Posted: 11/25/2010 6:24:15 AM
The heightening of security measures after 9/11 has been considerably pronounced.

The introduction of Bill C-42 here in Canada has passed it's first reading.

According to Jennifer Stoddart ,Privacy Commissioner of Canada

" it will allow American or other authorities to collect personal information about travelers on flights to and from Canada that fly through American airspace and this, in turn, will allow American authorities to prevent individuals from flying to or from Canada.

C-42 raises important sovereignty issues. We are not questioning the American government’s authority to implement its Secure Flight Program – international law is clear that a State’s sovereignty extends to its airspace. However, the Canadian government has a duty to protect the privacy and civil rights of its citizens."

Bruce Parkinson from Macleans mag...
“If you have the same name as someone on a no-fly list, you may be questioned, delayed or even barred from the flight. If your name doesn’t show up, you get your boarding pass.” (Parkinson, 2010)

Thoughts on these continuing security measures.

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2010 1:39:09 AM
However!!!!

I think there is an issue with the entitlement that some of these kids have these days! If a parent spanked a child some would see that as child abuse and that's a joke!
There is a fine line between discipline and child abuse and I think society has played a role in attempting to protect children form heinous child abuse but may have gone too far and this has resulted with a generation of misfits who get no discipline due to parents having a fear of having a 'child abuser' label or having Child protective Services called in.
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2010 1:33:21 AM

Almost,,,except the year 2009 and 2010,,,not included in the first couple,,,,and the latest year in the rest ,,,,,,year 2000.

We are talking "today".

I don't believe those stats are out yet!

We are also taking violence,,,,NOT court appearances,charges

They are directly related!
We can't just say we see the violence yet have no paper trail to back our arguments.

A lot of theses little shiats don't even see a cop let alone a judge.

Where are you getting this information from?
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 25 (view)

The customer is not always right!
Posted: 11/21/2010 1:13:55 AM

If anyone thinks that "the public" suck, maybe everyone should make a greater effort to insure that "the public" recognizes that we are all potentially the same....

Genetically! We then have Galtons Five-Factor Personality Inventory and some of those who tip the scale in certain areas can be quite annoying!
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 19 (view)

The customer is not always right!
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:24:27 PM
And sometimes you get customers like this!

Woman freaks out at McDonalds drive through!

Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSITakl_s4
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 11/19/2010 4:18:31 PM

Really???? Got a link to show this??????

I most certainly do! :)

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/subject-sujet/result-resultat.action?pid=20000&id=20002&lang=eng&type=ARRAY&sortType=3&pageNum=1

The public wants to get tougher on a behavior that's not happening and are willing to spend more taxes for it!

one 17 yr old we know.. was in jail.. got out on probation... 3 weeks later got busted beating up old ladies & stealing their stuff..

Jail is not a deterrent! It never has been! Yet people want to lengthen their sentences thinking "If 3 weeks didn't work maybe 6 weeks will!
Brilliant!

Exctasy ( sp? ) and cocain are the teens choice of drug today & i can name at least 5 dealers in ONE high school who sell this at school. There is NO locker checks, no pat downs... HUGE problem.

Of course there is no pat downs and locker checks. It's a violation of their privacy. Even kids are protected by the Constitution!
We have a 'get tough on drugs' approach, get tough on crime approach get tough on terrorism approach.

Which one is working? Or right! None of them!

It's nothing but sloganism.

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 14 (view)

Who loves me feature
Posted: 11/16/2010 5:20:02 AM
I just noticed this Who loves Me!
I know it used to be 'Rate Me'!

I know who loves me! My family loves me! My friends love me! I love me! You guys love me! :D

Bahahaha!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2010 5:16:23 AM

All those who point the finger at violent forms of entertainment are naive.

Too many people are actually naive. Here in Canada, violent crimes committed by youth is actually going down however the public is demanding tougher sentences for a 'behavior' that isn't happening!

Canadians are actually demanding a 'tough on crime' approach when they fail to look at the facts! But that's the Harper clan for ya!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 193 (view)

Homeless asking for Money....
Posted: 11/15/2010 5:44:04 AM
[ quote] "regaining a place in society"...suggests that they don't have a place---don't they? It seems if you're without a home, you're not entitled to be ill..and be on the streets. Tons of people in your /our world are allowed to be ill....as long as they are confined to their own home. Take away the home, they're now not just ill but fall into the rank and file of the despicable.

That quote is awesome!

Thank you so much for saying this for there are so many people out there who can't!

Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 192 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2010 5:40:37 AM

You've misunderstood the study you're referring to

I haven't misunderstood it at all! Nice try though! ;)

It was suggested that by giving homeless people money we're actually helping kill them.
I also have to see the ignorant call them crackheads, and I call them ignorant because I'm refraining myself from saying exactly what I think of these ignorant folk!

More people die from alcohol and smoking as opposed to giving homeless people money for their next fix!!

So don't hand me that 'You're contributing to their demise nonsense!"

If we're all paying taxes to a government who legalizes alcohol and tobacco then I guess we're all contributing!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 188 (view)

Posted: 11/14/2010 3:55:48 PM

The next dollar you hand a crackhead might be that hit of crack that finally does kills them. If you care about the homeless, why would you contribute to their demise

http://understandinguncertainty.org/node/574

You people are oblivious!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 187 (view)

Posted: 11/14/2010 3:50:41 PM

The next dollar you hand a crackhead might be that hit of crack that finally does kills them. If you care about the homeless, why would you contribute to their demise

The next dollar you hand to a crack head may go to a pack of smokes or a beer which is actually more fatal, but legal!

Ironic isn't !
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 165 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2010 7:55:58 AM

This doesn't even make any sense. Getting a job would be better for the homeless because they would have steady income coming in

People who actually believe this have no clue about homelessness!

None!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 164 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2010 7:54:42 AM
I agree that OMG is completely out to lunch!

Either way, what you're really saying is addicts will get money somehow

That's exactly what I'm saying!!!

or whatever so we should just give it to them so they can further their habits and continue the deterioration of their lives.

Do you see our government doing anything or are you just going to give me the Corrections Community Employment Center nonsense again!

You're actually helping them kill themselves.

That's an opinion as opposed to fact!
Show me stats, sources other then pulling shit out of your ass and believing it to be fact!
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 156 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2010 4:32:30 AM

True, but giving money to an addict is the cruelest thing you could do to that person

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard in my entire life! An addict is going to get money! Period! Many women get their money via prostitution. Getting a bad john isn't pretty! I've seen the after math so please don't hand me that nonsense!

There are 53 Corrections Canada community employment centers around the country that match released inmates with thousands of jobs every year.

Link please! I would love to follow up on the kinds of jobs and the success rate and the % of those who benefit from this.

There are lots of ways to cash pay checks

Ya. At one of those Money Mart places that take , oh what's the % these days? 20% something? That's a great way to get ahead!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 152 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2010 6:25:57 PM

dontn think they are monsters, just that they should become self reliant.

How? By getting a job? You're kidding me!
1) Many homeless people suffer from addiction and or mental illness.
2) People who are mentally ill and or suffering from addiction are usually incarcerated at some point in there life bringing forth a criminal record.
3) Having a criminal record prevents the individual from being self-reliant! Legally anyways!
4) How many homeless people have bank accounts? To have a bank account you need an address in which you reside yes?
One young man that was hired at a job I previously worked at was canned because they couldn't pay him. He didn't have a bank account! He lived in a tent!

So self reliance and homelessness while obeying the law at the same time is a joke!
 Sweet_le_Senza
Msg: 148 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2010 5:00:06 AM

I always give them money and chat with them sometimes too.

I'm glad to see this! :)

Good ol' anti-panhandling laws. Like our taxes couldn't go to something better!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/20/edmonton-panhandler-campaign-have-heart-give-smart.html

And the update

http://streetsheet.ca/?p=194

Panhandling cuz you don't have money? You receive a fine which could exceed over $1oo.
I don't know about you folks but I'm pretty sure this country is run by a bunch of idiots!

Show ALL Forums