Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: PHOTOS: Willowick Brunch : 8/15/07
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 8 (view)

PHOTOS: Willowick Brunch : 8/15/07
Posted: 8/19/2007 1:56:11 PM
Thanks but I like the idea of keeping it close to home and a party room and treats brought in is too much work :)
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2007 12:41:01 PM
Hey lonestranger - how did the Columbus Lunch Bunch set it up to have the ad run all the time? Any ideas? The women in charge of it is not accepting emails from other women so I can't contact her.
Thanks
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2007 12:39:05 PM
I tried to set it up as a regular 3rd Wednesday of the month event but they wouldnt do it. Now I am thinking I would like to try a Sunday but the restaurant is nervous that we will take up seats and there will be no shows (which is true) or people will occupy space without ordering which is a revenue loss for them. They like the 10am weekday slot because it is a slow time for them. Shoot. I wonder what would happen if I just announced Sunday without saying anything to the restaurant and let the chips fall where they may. If a ton of people showed, we would probably get split up for seating.
Ideas anyone?? And the idiot who can only count to 3 is a friend - pretty bright- most likely only 3 showing on the screen. (You're welcome Cowboy)
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 1 (view)

Willowick, Ohio Brunch - Third Wednesdays, 10 am
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:08:29 AM
Join fellow fish for coffee or brunch at Petie's Restaurant at 10 am the third Wednesday of every month. Make a new friend!! Prices are low and the food is really good.

Peties is at 30150 Lake Shore Blvd. in Willowick 44095

There is easy access - take the 305th Street exit off of Rte. 2 and head north to the lake. 305 dead ends on Lake Shore. Turn left and enter Shoregate shopping center. Peties is next to Giant Eagle. Tell the waitress you are there for the fish gathering or look for the picture of the fish on the table.

We'll be looking forward to meeting you! You can see pictures of the first brunch under a separate thres in the Ohio Forums.

See photos from the last one ! http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8017259.aspx
 mavrikwoman

Interest in Cleveland event?
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:04:09 AM
There was a brunch in Cleveland (actually Willowick) on 8/15 and we will make it a regular event but only 6 people showed up. I know it was during the workweek but you would think a lot of retirees would have attended. Maybe it just takes time to get the word out on these events and build a group of people who go. It was a lot of fun and I hope more people do these in the Cleveland area.
 mavrikwoman

Posted: 8/15/2007 9:50:44 AM
The first monthly brunch at Petie's in WIllowick was a lot of fun. There were a lot of no shows, but those who came agreed to keep it going on a monthly basis, every third Wednesday. It's a great group of people and we hope you will join us next time. I will upload pictures as soon as the system lets me (or I figure out the system?)

Wendy
 mavrikwoman

Willowick, OH-8/15/07 10 AM Brunch at Petie's
Posted: 8/14/2007 12:18:15 PM
Thanks. I think for a first shot, it is pretty good but we will have to wait and see what happens in real time. I love the idea of the Columbus lunch bunch - Sundays work well too. It would bring some people whgo can't come mid week and that would also be a good idea.

Wendy
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/7/2007 2:31:48 PM
I just followed the instructions on the website. You write the ad and then notify the monitors with the link of where it is and they move it somehow. I am not sure I even remember how I found it. I think I just went to Ohio events in the forum. Hope that helps.
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2007 9:00:22 PM
Glad you can make it! I think this will be a fun thing to do.
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 8/2/2007 6:58:09 PM
I decided to start with a day thing because I will be working nights and wanted to meet people who were around in the day time but a night thing would be fun too. Why don't you do one? It isn't hard.

Wendy
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2007 2:27:29 AM
Gail,
I hope you can make it. If all goes well we can make it a weekly event - a fish pond here in Northeast Ohio!

Wendy
 mavrikwoman

Willowick, OH - August, 15, 2007 - 10 AM Brunch at Petie's
Posted: 7/27/2007 10:01:39 AM
Join fellow fish for coffee or brunch at Petie's Restaurant Wednesday August 15th

Peties is at 30150 Lake Shore Blvd. in Willowick 44024

There is easy access - take the 305th Street exit off of Rte. 2 and head north to the lake. 305 dead ends on Lake Shore. Turn left and enter Shoregate shopping center. Peties is next to Giant Eagle. Tell the waitress you are there for the fish gathering.

We'll be looking forward to meeting you!
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 61 (view)

Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.
Posted: 7/20/2007 8:21:24 AM
When someone has the test on their profile and you click on it - you don't get their results, you get your own. This must be an error, right?
 mavrikwoman

Wrong test results displayed-system bug
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:45:44 PM
When I (female) click on the needs assessment link of a man's profile, I see my own test results, not theirs. Unless we all have the same profile, this is a bug in your system. I would think that if I clicked on someone else's profile it would be them I was seeking info about, not myself. It would appear to be the same for all the tests. I would also like to request that our Myers-Briggs initials be displayable so we can see those matches easily as well. I know you can do searches on it but if someone contacts me, I don't know what type they are.
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2007 10:35:11 PM
PS Can't we get a search/match on this. I think that if these areas match, we have a much better shot at connecting. At least we narrow the field to people who want the same things from a partner.
 mavrikwoman
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2007 10:31:41 PM
I think th etest is fascinating. I had never thought about how different relationships can be from one another. I am not sure why but it is all accurate on me till it came to the part about gifts and implied that I see them as evidence of caring. I do but I see word, gestures and actions as way more significant. Either I screwed it up or the test misreads.

I also find that if I see a male profile with the assessment available, clicking on it gives me my own and not his. I think it is broken.

Show ALL Forums