Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 149 (view)

Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:24:02 PM
I adore my 68 year old man!!!!! He is smart, polite and a true gentleman..Takes me to classy places and is romantic....Just love him to bits!!!!!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 108 (view)

Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:19:26 PM
Dump her.....A relationship is a meeting of 2 minds....This is bothering you..Time to move on..Silence is the most powerful thing you can use....use it...Make her come to you...You don't need this hassle...Best to you
 prettyflowers
Msg: 24 (view)

Married man/single women friends
Posted: 5/6/2015 4:34:07 PM
I have a marred man friend...My life wouldn't be the same without him
 prettyflowers
Msg: 6 (view)

harassment after break up
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:30:25 AM
I know you don't want to change your number..But depending on your carrier they will do it for free. This happened to me and I ended up changing mine. It was a relief and gave me peace of mind.
You don't need the hassle..Sorry this is happening to you. Good luck!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 28 (view)

First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/28/2012 7:54:59 AM
Yes, the very first boy I kissed was in 1st grade and his name was Charlie....He died a few years ago, my sister called me to tell me about his death. She also said, "Remember, he was the first boy you ever kissed?" I did remember that and I was surprised she did as well. it was a cute little memory for me
 prettyflowers
Msg: 12 (view)

The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:18:30 PM
His love...I didn't realize that he really loved me..I have no regrets...I had it, I felt it...I screwed it up...I hope he finds the love of his life...I think I might of been it...But like I said...I messed it up. God bless him and keep him safe
 prettyflowers
Msg: 59 (view)

How did you choose your screen name?
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:39:34 PM
I chose my name because I simply like pretty flowers....
 prettyflowers
Msg: 14 (view)

scared of getting into a relationship :-(
Posted: 9/24/2012 12:44:09 PM
As the other posters, or some of them have said, go back and see what might of went wrong. And just take care of yourself. After a break up we all need to have a warm fuzzy friend to talk to, just to purge it.
Don't ever give up on love..Never, ever...It will come.
This is a good time to become a better person!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 11 (view)

I just have a question
Posted: 9/21/2012 8:39:21 AM
Post under Relationships: By Abbxo-Breaks Ups...Page 2, I think. Response from Clarkcan5
 prettyflowers
Msg: 3 (view)

I just have a question
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:28:23 AM
Like I said,I was curious....Like I said, it is just a question. Thank you for taking the time to answer.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 1 (view)

I just have a question
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:05:11 AM
I saw a post earlier about a girl who has been abused by her boyfriend, one of the men who responded said to wait 3 months and contact her at that time. He said it was part of the "formula". Is this true that men feel they can contact the woman that they were dumped by or who they dumped? Is this like the "wait 3 days to call after the first date?" I am just curious if men have a method to their madness. It all strikes me funny.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 43 (view)

Break ups
Posted: 9/19/2012 5:48:50 PM
What is this formula??? After 3 months...Really??!!!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 11 (view)

Thought i meant more then that
Posted: 9/19/2012 4:59:28 AM
You are in a bad situation. You are trapped in what you think is love . You have his children and I think you think he is better than you being alone. This is dragging you down...Get some help for yourself. It is not fun being with a toxic person. I have been there....I ended up leaving...I had to . Please take care of yourself before you lose your self-esteem and please also look out for your kids....Good luck!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 77 (view)

What kind of bar behavior do you call this?
Posted: 9/18/2012 4:25:13 PM
It's called being disrespectful and that other word.....oh yeah....***hole!!!!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 23 (view)

Break ups
Posted: 9/18/2012 4:06:17 PM
Fix yourself friend....And do it as fast as you can!!! She is smart..She is looking down the road. And there are plenty of men who clean out their ladys cars and do laundry...Which is a trust thing. You are NOT unique...Get your S**t together. You have a monkey on your back...No, you have an ape on your back...Get rid of it, or you will be alone.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 17 (view)

They all start out nice
Posted: 9/16/2012 9:28:48 AM
I had a guy like that. You were a smart to get out of it. Thank God for your dog!! I went through hell! Never again. Good luck to you
 prettyflowers

How to deal with a problem ex
Posted: 9/16/2012 8:25:56 AM
This is really to much...Run Run Run!!!!!! Just get out of this entirely...Why would you waste your time on this? Sorry, but I think you both need to grow up and instead of the drama, look for some happiness
 prettyflowers
Msg: 408 (view)

When dating a man who has a child, will I EVER come first?
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:00:28 AM
You will NEVER come first...Never ever!!! My former boyfriend who had been with me for over a year has a 35 year old son and he pretty much called the shots. That son decided that I wasn't for his dad...Guess what? He told his father that. And then lied about a few things...I didn't have a leg to stand on. It ended .. Just like that...Save your heart and get out now.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 20 (view)

How come I sometimes hear from guys with kids when I state that I don't want to date fathers
Posted: 8/27/2012 11:13:54 AM
Either they didn't read your profile or just don't ever want to give up hope. You have to remember you are on a dating site...Some men just want to date. Sometimes it's nice just to give the guy a chance.....Sometimes
 prettyflowers

Who hurts more?
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:36:39 AM
I know this may sound like an obvious question but I am wondering....Who really hurts more, the dumper or the dumpee? I have been both the dumper as well as the dumpee.
I had a little chat the other day with a friend and mentioned to that friend that I got dumped and I was fine with it because I was thinking of dumping him months ago..... He just beat me to it!!! Well, he was told about this; That I was thinking of dumping him earlier. I found out that his feelings hurt, felt used and all this.
So I just got to thinking about it. Can someone who dumped you feel bad about it? I really think this is an interesting question.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 39 (view)

I could never understand people who commit suicide over heartbreak..........until now.
Posted: 8/25/2012 8:57:35 AM
Oh yes....A lot of us have been there...Or maybe some of us. And that's a very scary place to be. And thanks to many friends and family I survived the thought of it....Just the thought. I don't feel anyone is a chicken to cop out...I personally think it takes a lot of courage...One thing that has always stayed with me since I heard it was," I don't miss you...I miss who I thought you were". That to me says it all.
When I went through my break up I had a cast of thousands involved, it was awful for me. But again, thanks to family I saw things from a different perspective. Hang tough...It is hard and those who say it isn't is absolutely lying. I think both the dumper and the dumpee feel it... Pain knows no age or class....Such a shame we do these things to each other. PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 90 (view)

Narcissitic Personality Disorder or Psychopath
Posted: 8/24/2012 2:48:49 PM
And my guy was and is an upstanding Lawyer type who is an executive director of a well known organization...Mental illness knows no bounderies....Trust me..
 prettyflowers
Msg: 89 (view)

Narcissitic Personality Disorder or Psychopath
Posted: 8/24/2012 2:42:08 PM
I had a guy like this...All about him...Get out...Lick your wounds but get out...Trust me....Only dread and doom will come of this...One other thing....Mine was codependent with his 35 year old son...Please...for your own sanity...Move on. And it is easy to move on...Just imagine your life...You won't stand a chance... And trust me...when you ignore him you'll never hear from him...HE IS MENTALLY ILL...That is all you need to know
 prettyflowers
Msg: 19 (view)

Women and their best friends talk about....?
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:46:54 PM
I had what I thought was a best friend, who I stupidly told everything to...She pushed me under the bus...My relationship was ruin and then she blocked me everywhere..She even moved away..Well, to a place somewhere in town..I no longer would ever trust a girlfriend.I am sure she was the exception to the rule but now I only discuss things with family.
I know what real pure evil is now.....Shame on me!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 42 (view)

Teenage stepchildren and blending families
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:22:04 PM
Hang on tight Sweetie...The roller coaster is going on the downhill drop very very soon.... I feel for ya...I say forget the "how to" book and get into therapy for parenting skills.
Also, I agree with the other posters about how you and your new husband should of taken the time to get everyone on the same page before the wedding.
I think there will always be conflict...Good luck!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 20 (view)

What was the turning point?
Posted: 8/21/2012 4:51:03 AM
We were at a party and he shit himself....Literally!!! He was walking around with this shit stain on his shorts..I told him to go clean up and change..he looked at me and said, "No". I got in my car and left.
That was the end of that. Every time I think of that I still get so disgusted. It didn't matter that I loved him or sometimes now miss him even to this day. That was not only my turning point but my breaking point.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 10 (view)

Moodiness
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:21:45 AM
greenfield101, Yes, thank you for your post. Today is one of my good days..I just wish I could bottle it up and drink it when I need it.
I am doing better. I don't go to sleep with him being the last thing on my mind nor do I wake up with him being the first thing on my mind. And that to me is a wonderful liberation!!!
My road to recovery is just a right turn away!! Thank you all for your support! PF
 prettyflowers

How to deal with being dumped
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:32:42 AM
This happened to me recently, and a poster told me to take a look at myself while having these feelings of loss and lonliness. And for some strange reason it works, at least for me.
The dynamics of my relationship were a little more intense and we lasted over a year,so I was devastated to say the least. I still get an empty feeling in my stomach at times, but I have found family to be a super help and a good diversion.
You hang tough..believe me...You will get past this.
We all want to be loved...Not living in conflict. Good luck friend! PF
 prettyflowers

Seeing pic of ex happy with new boyfriend
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:50:59 PM
Sorry...my comment was about the Q2 person
 prettyflowers
Msg: 4 (view)

Seeing pic of ex happy with new boyfriend
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:49:30 PM
Ignore above post ( I think that poster above is very mean and cold)....I thought to myself what I would do and I would feel such a great sadness...That is one of the things I never hope to see.
You were very graceful and mature in the way you handles it. Don't worry...You won't be alone to long...That is, as long as you can get past your former girlfriend. You have a good heart..Good luck PF
 prettyflowers

new partner, we only have mobile phone, no other contact
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:50:13 AM
Don't hurt your feelings over this....Just get out....Sounds like a big waste of your precious time. And why on earth would he lie about his facebook account? I think you should tell him to take a long walk off a short pier!!! PF
 prettyflowers

Moodiness
Posted: 8/13/2012 11:58:59 AM
How does one control the craziness of emotions after a break-up? One moment I am okay...A few minutes later I am on the verge of tears and then back to normalcy..Then angry, then grateful it's over....When on earth does this craziness end? PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 8 (view)

I'm not over you..
Posted: 8/10/2012 11:57:34 AM
My suggestion..Walk away. He is married..he is not yours. I wouldn't talk to him...Do not call, text, messenger...nothing. Please save your heart here.
He is a slimball to do what he did to you AND his wife.
Move on and chin up..Good luck, PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 17 (view)

Is there something wrong with both partners getting tested
Posted: 8/8/2012 1:26:42 PM
No, you are not bonkers. In this day and age you have to look out for you!!! I have a girlfriend who was in a relationship with a man who decided to tell her after 6 months of dating he has herpes. The genital kind....Great guy right?..Then after they had been together over a year he dumped her!!!! She figured she'd be with him the rest of her life as they had a pretty good thing going on.And he still dumped the poor little thing.
It is wise to do it if you feel you are heading into a sexual or more serious relationship. Do take care of yourself!!! PF
 prettyflowers

Where have the older men gone?
Posted: 8/7/2012 7:34:42 AM
Just remember...POF is not the only game in town..I wouldn't count on ALL the men you may be looking for on this site. And most of the men young and old I have encountered are not really looking for anything other then a booty call. And that is a real shame.
I may be cold hearted, but your "forever guy" will not be found here..However, if that should happen,please let me and the rest of the ladies know!!! PF
 prettyflowers

The Last Post You Need To Read About Attracting Men
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:22:51 PM
Igor...You absolutely kill me sometimes!!! And I agree!!!! LOL!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 3 (view)

Relationship/FWB
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:45:57 AM
This happened to me...I have since gotten out of it as I wanted more, he said he did as well but it just wasn't happening. You have a couple of choices you can make from where I stand...Make it clear what you want or enjoy the company and the sex when you get it..I think you know the right answer...Please take care of yourself. PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 184 (view)

Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:37:07 PM
You gotta be kidding me..Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 21 (view)

Its been a year since it ended
Posted: 8/1/2012 5:22:23 AM
You absolutely need to go see a therapist. Your mental health is not good and you need to be able to learn how to cope with this mess in your life.
Why would you want to talk to him after all of this? Please do get the help you need. You will be surprized how much talking to a therapist will help you.
Good luck...PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 19 (view)

Let him go?
Posted: 8/1/2012 5:06:50 AM
A lot of us have been there. And it's a very sad place to be simply because maybe you love him and can't shake that. This happened to me a few weeks ago after a year long relationship and I have actually been doing well with the help of a good friend that has made me see things differently. I get a little bit better everyday and for my friend helping me ,I am very thankful.
Doesn't mean I have fallen out of love but it means I am healing. Get a good friend to cry to,be sad with, and someone you can trust. I go on the forums a lot and see the heartbroken posts from some OPs that after years later they still can't get over their loss. Very sad.
Keep you head up high and think about what you really want in a relationship. Set rules and bounderies.
Yes, his honesty was good and all that but an exclusive relationship is just that. Either he wanted you or not. Please do not return to him..Like the other poster said you are attractive and there is someone out there who wants JUST you and only you. Best of luck LauraP36.......PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 9 (view)

Three Words
Posted: 7/31/2012 4:29:31 PM
Selfless,loving,kind
 prettyflowers
Msg: 35 (view)

Please help, advise needed............
Posted: 7/29/2012 8:59:28 AM
I think you have been
 prettyflowers
Msg: 15 (view)

Addicted to Conterfeit Love
Posted: 7/29/2012 7:07:46 AM
WOW!! This is really taking a nasty turn!! The OP just wanted some opinions as to her subject. I don't think she planned on being attacked. Janet_Always is right
 prettyflowers

Addicted to Conterfeit Love
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:32:12 AM
You know what when people WANT and NEED answers and don't have anyone really to share with they buy books to find the answer they are looking for. No crime in that and things can get to a desperate point where we NEED something to help us. That industry is booming...Ever wonder why?
Just my 2 cents
 prettyflowers

Opinions Needed! Do you think this guy is into me?
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:13:05 PM
Honey....This is the oldest line in world!!!!!! Please respect yourself enough not to go down this road!!! And you are feeding into his actions that is why he keeps doing it!!
You are young and very pretty, get your own man...There will only be trouble down the road with this ***hole!!!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 4 (view)

Opinions Needed! Do you think this guy is into me?
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:34:19 PM
Please shut him down...NEVER flirt back with a married man...with Children or not!!!!! It is just not right!!!!!
 prettyflowers
Msg: 1381 (view)

older women younger men
Posted: 7/28/2012 5:59:37 AM
I am in my 50's and had a young man in his late 20's pursue me. He was extremely good looking, but it just wasn't going to happen. He did all sorts of things to try to get my attention.
He even told his father,who is also a friend of mine that he thought I was "it". Well, needless to say it never came about. I think if the 2 consenting parties agree then have at it. But for me, no way. PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 52 (view)

I don't think I'm ready for this type of commitment...
Posted: 7/28/2012 5:45:18 AM
No,no,no..If he wants a puppy, he buys it takes care of it. Not to be harsh but to risk the no pet policy is reason enough NOT to do it.
And get it for him as a gift??!!!! This is wrong...Just wrong. This whole post is wrong OP.
Sorry, I just don't agree with his wishes. PF
 prettyflowers
Msg: 2 (view)

Any advice for my best friends heartbreak
Posted: 7/26/2012 10:45:15 AM
I don't know what to say...This is very sad. But you as a friend have got to tell him that until she gets rid of the old boyfriend he doesn't remotely have a snowballs chance.
The girl is toxic as far as I am concerned
 prettyflowers

What men do
Posted: 7/26/2012 8:47:57 AM
Do men really put up with crazy women but do so if the sex is great? I have a girlfriend that is wild to say the least and I really believe that her boyfriend puts up with it because they have great sex. They are committed to each other but I was just curious about it. Thanks

Show ALL Forums