Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What Would Compell You To Marry After Age 45?
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 74 (view)

What Would Compell You To Marry After Age 45?
Posted: 3/22/2013 11:41:02 PM
A woman that cannot live without me in her life forever and not wants to, but will grow old with me forever. That can understand when two people are together then they work as a team. A best friend,lover, and wife who doesn't want things her way only. This is what I have to offer her also in spades.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 88 (view)

Do all men like getting blowjobs?
Posted: 3/20/2013 8:10:15 PM
A little hint that ladies who do give long b.j.'s know is that the longer you do it to a man without letting him go, then the more staying power he will have.
Also after he ejaculates if you give one immediately he will keep it up until you get tired of riding him. A B.J. can go a long way when you are dealing with staying power instead of having to take those pills.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 18 (view)

Why all the one liner messages on here?
Posted: 3/16/2013 8:48:48 PM
The reason for the one line messages is simple. If you are interested in them, you will respond. How do you know if they will not just send you a one line message back if at all? Why give my time on someone that isn't going to give their time to me?
Sounds like playing a game of cat and mouse. Also some people take a little longer to open up. Again my suggestion IS AFTER YOU MESSAGE THEM and they are not interested is for their profile to be completely blocked from me being able to even see it.
I do not have time to get a pen and a notebook and jot down every person I talk with. If they want to play hard to get then that is different but how would you know?
Anyway the messaging system here is bad as well as what the women are actually wanting for real and not play time. The other site is set up better for people actually looking but doesn't have alot of women in the area on it all the time.
Still one liners are suppose to be an ice breaker before you invest hours into writing for no reason. Are you suppose to send them an interview or tell them your whole life story? That is why you should meet in person instead of hiding behind a keyboard after initial contact unless distance is a factor.
You would be surprised at how many on here run after you say the words "then lets meet"(are you hiding something or someone? or are you to scared and just want a text buddy?)
I do not mind giving interviews just ask your questions. If I just start talking then they may think I am all about me. Who can tell how the human brain thinks in that individual on first contact.
Anyway break the ice first before you worry about giving the fifth degree to someone or wanting them to write you poetry(which I will only do for someone worthwhile that I know).
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 58 (view)

Do all men like getting blowjobs?
Posted: 3/16/2013 5:58:33 AM
Have only came across one woman that loved and I mean loved giving them. You didn't have to ask and it didn't matter where.
The statistics on that are less then one percent of the female population, unless all I ever meet are prudes.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 286 (view)

If you had the perfect partner how often would you want sex?
Posted: 3/16/2013 5:49:25 AM
Does she have a sister forumonly that is the same lol. Seems those types are not to be found, the perverbial needle in a haystack. Would travel anywhere for that one.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 283 (view)

If you had the perfect partner how often would you want sex?
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:42:22 PM
Anytime or anywhere and that should be saying enough.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 46 (view)

Job Downsizing
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:14:49 PM
I agree with Aussie as far as that last statement. No one needs to know anything about how I take care of myself other then I am self-supporting. But I will say I am semi-retired(do what I want, when I want). Besides my will has already been made. And there will be a pre-nup and if she is with me until I die, she can have it all, there would be no reason for a hit and run relationship anyway.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 51 (view)

Over 50 and not sure of dating etiquette
Posted: 3/11/2013 7:52:22 PM
Things are some things that make me as you say vanish, but at least I try to break it off nicely.
1. Someone who doesn't answer the phone when you call but calls you back later in their car going somewhere or very late at night.
2. Someone you can tell is a golddigger.
3. Someone who calls 24/7.
4. All they talk about is themselves and could care less about you.
5. you can tell they are really not interested in you(chemistry)-- not taken out of the factor based on just one date.
6. other things also, but these are on the first meeting and not a continued meeting.

Not sure if this applies to others.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 102 (view)

Does it matter if he lies about his age
Posted: 3/5/2013 5:50:18 AM
Did I ever say I never told a lie? nope. In my younger days I use to do it alot, but with age comes wisdom and insight. Perhaps the reason one lies now is the fact that they are uncomfortable with whatever. Would I tell a lady she is fat and ugly? Of course not, I would say nothing at all unless it is positive.
You can speak without telling a lie.
As far as a photo, so be it, you will have to use your imagination until you decide I am worth meeting. We all look for certain things in a match, I am no different then you ladies. If you care to research my posting history you would find out. If you ask the ones I have dated here, they can tell you also. Distance is a factor,jumping right into bed is a factor,materialistic is a factor,as well as some other things. I am putting my relationship in the three things that can make or break it. If these three are not the same as mine it is over.
You can defend telling a lie, but it is still a lie.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 71 (view)

The 7 types of POF guys. Which one are YOU? ;)
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:02:51 PM
This is me.
Number 15: The no bs guy,would rather meet in person then talk to who knows behind the keyboard but gives it their best shot. Always expects every date to be fun no matter what. The just be yourself type that could care less if a woman is covered in make-up and dolled up for a black tie dinner(as long as when the time comes she fits this). Someone who is down to Earth and knows everything isn't a bed of roses.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 3/4/2013 6:57:29 PM
I will dump any woman on this site that lies about her age if we meet and I find out period. Don't contact me starting out with lies. As far as undisclosed body type. Well you answer the question. If your weight is within the definition of average(based on height) and you post average, then have others say you are not, what difference does it make?
I will tell you my weight and why put us in categories within a class, just ask us to put our weight. I happen to be 5'7 and 195 pounds. Can I stand to lose a few more to get athletic(which means muscle tone and ripped, not into sports)? yes.
But as far as telling a lie, I care not to have you even message me. What else are you lying about? I have my teeth. grey in my hair,healthy as a good horse, nothing out of place. Anything else just ask. Shy? who me lmao not at all. Raise your flags and shoot your guns, if you can't handle the truth I'm not the one. Just be who you are is all I ask.
So men and women alike should dump someone who lies about their age, weight is hard to say. You need a chart to determine body type and height for sure. And by the way I have a big bone structure. My wrist is just skin on bone basically.
As far as a woman/man disguising their looks it is a form of deception. Do I look like I am hiding anything in my pic? nope. To bad topless pics aren't allowed.

To much information but just making a point.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 98 (view)

BEST PICK UP LINE EVER! lol..
Posted: 3/2/2013 3:36:07 PM
If you see someone who interests you at a cash register when you get the reciept say this.
I noticed you forgot to put something on here. And when they say what, answer your phone number.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2013 6:57:15 PM
If a person lies about their age then they will lie about other things. That is the bottom line be it a male or a female.
The reason others lie about their age is because despite what people say age is a factor that everyone looks at in a profile before giving someone a chance to prove that age doesn't matter.
In my opinion the ages on a profile should not be listed at all. Instead there should be age brackets listed. Dating sites shoot themselves in the foot on some things. Age being one, as well as weight(which is a difference of opinion depending on who is the viewer).
Anyway, to lie is to lie period.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 53 (view)

Fear of getting naked?
Posted: 2/27/2013 4:44:54 PM
I will assure you in this knowledge of men. The majority of us would get naked on a beach in front of everyone regardless of wrinkles, scares or whatever.
Heck, who am I trying to kid... we would get naked at the drop of a hat. As far as how we look or women, we even do it just like you do. Would I lose weight for the right woman...of course The question is would she? If you cook for me you control what I eat. When I cook for myself I stay as healthy as I can. As far as scars or other things, then that is just your body and nothing you can do about it unless you have millions to work with. A man will accept you for you on those matters unless he thinks he is the best looking one out there with that type of attitude.(which women tend to have that way of thinking alot more then men and why they chase those types of men). Don't shoot the messenger when you know I speak the truth.
Most men have dirty jobs,outside in the sun jobs, just common labor. Not many women get out and shovel crap.

All I am trying to say is don't be insecure... you are who you are. In France there are nude beaches and if everyone in the U.S. walked around nude they wouldn't think anything about it.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 34 (view)

Do you think the influence of income can change someone’s personality?
Posted: 2/27/2013 4:40:52 AM
Freudian you are speaking of the bare essentials of things in life, you are not speaking of wealth(when you have more money then you know what to do with). A roof over your head(a home),food in your belly(not going hungry yet not a glutton), clothes on your back(to stay warm and legal instead of all natural),love(the real kind not needing a pre-nup for fear of losing everything) is all a person needs and anything else is just icing on the cake(unless you have someone that just spends,spends,spends). We will not go into the "debt" issue. Would take forever to discuss.

I noticed you left out the holier then you attitude when responding. It was not an insult and I agree with what you said if all you want is a woman and not true love. Let's just go to Subic Bay and buy us a lady and forget looking if that is the case.(but I still think slavery in the U.S. is illegal unless something has changed that I am not aware of.)

The point of this thread is if someones postion in life changes from say a minimum wage job to a very high paying job does their attitude change. My answer is only if their heart/brain wasn't in the right place. Alot of people feel that they have to keep up with their friends(social enviroment) to fit in.

Single_dad_dave and I are on the same page. We worked to get where we are now. I was raised with money, but did not accept it from family. I went into the military at 17(after high school) to be my own man. The silver spoon I took out of my mouth.Do I expect others to pay my way "no". I have shovelled crap literally for a job as a teenager for my own money, mowed lawns for fishing money, started working at the age of 16 for a full time pay check 40 hours while attending school. Grew up on a farm working at age 8. I have that strong work ethic and belief that if you want something you do not steal or kill. A problem that is growing with todays economy and the way a person is raised.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 29 (view)

Do you think the influence of income can change someone’s personality?
Posted: 2/26/2013 5:55:15 PM
All you ever hear is money,money,money.

It may buy you things and sex but in reality it never buys true love.

It will ruin a relationship faster then you can say "fire".

It gives some people that "holier then you" attitude.

To some money is the easy part and love is the true impossibility to find. Is your love for real or are you just out for a paycheck?

Money causes greed,hate,envy,and even death among other things. People die over just $17.00 when being robbed or possibly less. $17.00 I personally know of.

Money only changes the people whose heart is not pure in the first place. And yes it does happen.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 201 (view)

Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:58:43 PM
I'm 50 and you want courtship? Okay, I want to meet your parents for their approval first. :)
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 13 (view)

Why is it so wrong to not want to date a person with kids in your 30's?
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:47:07 PM
Personally speaking, I raised 4 children and the only reason I would raise anymore is if the woman is the right one. I do not rule it out, but I also take it into account. It is not unselfish to want to find someone without children. In the old days a woman had to settle for whoever would take them.
If she has a good job or got a huge divorce settlement then she can do it on her own now even though it is still a financial investment. It cuts down from any alone time and going places(school). What a lady needs to understand with children here is the fact that if a man is willing to give up his life for her and her children then she had better treat him right.
To many think that just because we are men that we should take care of her and her children without her help. Other then that, a family is a family, if you want children then it shouldn't matter. Hard to say you get the good with the bad, instead you should look at it like you are getting everything you ever wanted. Again the woman should be with you until the end of time before you decide to commit and not just playing you.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 22 (view)

Married
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:51:42 PM
Anybody can be whoever or whatever they want to be on the internet. Nothing like a keyboard to hide who they are. Basic, true, and directly to the point.
This is real life and why dating online can be rough. No meeting me, then you are hiding something.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 27 (view)

The Catfish
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:29:58 PM
It is hard to get someone to meet without a few e-mails. I prefer to meet quickly. Why are we all wasting time that we may not have?
You do not have to know their number,where they live, just a place and time. Are people on this site playing each other?
I may seem to come off strong,but it is my belief that if you cannot meet then you are hiding something. That is not being desperate at all, just getting the bs out of the way not wasting time in a relationship that will never be.

Would be nice to just e-mail a person with "Would you like to meet(fill in the blank) yes or no?" Weeds out the superficial ones, cougars, gold diggers, and liars quickly.
Then I would like a feature on this site that says "you e-mailed them and they said "no" so I don't have to look at my messages to find out and their profiles are hidden for good unless there is a good reason and I can uncheck it.

More wasted time trying to remember who you e-mailed. I prefer to leave those alone anyway. There needs to be a friendship under the relationship you are searching for also. That would get rid of alot because I still think most of the women here are not looking for love and are just looking for other things.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 44 (view)

What 'we' say, what 'we' hear?
Posted: 2/20/2013 6:01:37 AM
Unfortunately what is said throughout this thread is true. People misunderstand each others interpretation of what is actually being said. This happens alot when trying to message others on this site. Could it be the intellectual differences or just the way one was raised(enviroment)? Who knows for sure.
The brain is unique in everyone. Hard to tell people on here that if you get mad at what someone says to have them explain in further detail before you jump to a conclusion, after all first messages are important.
There will always be differences of opinions but that doesn't make the speaker a bad person at heart or an unkind person or an uncaring one. Some people save the whales while others save the animals or the planet. Each is different but in theory they all have the same common goals.
Just because I do not have a masters degree doesn't mean I cannot do what you do. You will never know a person or who they are without giving them a chance.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 112 (view)

All these younger men...
Posted: 2/11/2013 9:12:05 PM
I was going to respond to this and I will stop short just by saying"You ladies know what you are doing".
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 111 (view)

Texting all the time, at our age?
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:11:33 AM
I prefer the old 1 on 1 telephone conversation. Funny thing is every woman so far has wanted me to get a cell phone so they could text me. I have a droid charger and it is still where it belongs...in the box. I happen to find it very rude and insulting to be around someone when all they do is text on the phone. Even when I am talking and you can hear them texting at the same time.
Cell phones are like computers and lead to children getting into things that they should not be getting into.
The only reason I had one when they first came out was because my job sent me to places without a phone and some far away from houses and the other reason was for emergency only. Talk to me by phone or not at all.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 11 (view)

falling too hard too fast
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:34:42 PM
Twilightslove, I might disagree about the term unconditional in the context that you used it as being a red flag. It means something totally different to me, as in love me forever not just 1 or 2 years but for the rest of our lives. That of course is when I get married to her.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 9 (view)

falling too hard too fast
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:25:29 PM
LOL at blonde angel. Yes they do. As far as being able to tell ones true colors that would be hard when you have con men and women.
Most women like men that sweet talk their ears off and most men like the same in a woman. I'm not to old to do a little sweet talking now and then but when it comes down to what I am looking for in a woman it is straight forward and to the point no BS just like it says on my profile. I will save all the sweet talk for later and never con or buy a woman into my life.
If a woman cannot appreciate that then she isn't the right one.
You can always ask about friends and family and ask them. Background checks are nice but would save that until you think that things are getting serious and pre-nups should be a must at our ages . Face it, if we die you would get everything anyway if you are still with us and the same would apply for him.
Also be wary of others asking for gifts/loans it is a red flag.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 62 (view)

Higher expectations
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:52:47 AM
I was not trying to bash anything just stating facts as the world has changed for the worst. If more people actually believed in God and His teaching we would not be in the mess we are in now.
I love God, but having others say they are Christians and do not practise what they preach makes them two faced. If you stand before me and talk about God then you better believe in everything He taught.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 60 (view)

Higher expectations
Posted: 12/31/2012 5:07:48 PM
I will just say this and do not care if you agree or disagree with me. I am a Christian but would never put God or country before my family. If you love God more then you love me then become a nun and don't get married. This alone put a rift in my Christianity. Women are the worlds worste in not doing what the Bible/God tells them to do and if you can prove me wrong then please try. Sorry this is a little sore subject and why I care not to talk about religion when trying to first meet someone.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 16 (view)

Am i thinking divorce for the wrong reasons?
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:29:34 PM
Dental I was married 23 years and gave up over 13 years of that for the children and should not have. It was the right thing to do but it was wrong for me. I know how you feel, but sometimes life is not easy. At least the woman you had loved you and the words out of her mouth all the time were not "I should have never married you, I didn't love you". These are your words and they are hurtful.
It is in your best interest and hers in the long run if you leave, because like my ex.... you are just out for you and you alone.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 754 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:06:23 PM
We not only run into liars on POF, we also run into women wanting a number of various things instead of love. You have the ones who just want to talk, to scared to meet,looking for a sugar daddy,looking for fathers for their children only,looking for booty calls,looking for way younger men, as well as alot of other things.
Very, very,very few are actually interested in finding true love or taking a chance with someone. This, on top of the fact that there are more men then women actually looking narrows the field drastically.
When asked what your intention for being on a dating site was, very few responded compared to the amount of times the post was looked at. At best a dating site is just a shot in the dark with very few success stories compared to the volume of people who join.
Since I do not live in a big town and cannot go everyday to do anything like group activities then this was about the only option. which isn't saying much. And yes, men do the same I would assume. Who knows the real statistics other then POF and I am sure they would not care to give them out.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 14 (view)

Why do you put on your profile that your looking for .....
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:41:13 PM
Women do the same thing also. It would be simple if the ones really looking could get together... the way I look at it is if women want to look for what they think are green pastures then have at it. The feild narrows and when they do realise that what they thought was good isn't I am no longer interested in them. Yes, I cross them off my list.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 51 (view)

Higher expectations
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:01:13 PM
With both couples in a normal household having to work in todays society in order to survive and provide a great living for their children it doesn't leave anything left. Couples drift apart over the years because of this and stress at the work place as well as long hours and other reasons.
In other words there is no longer a united family bond with families spending alot of time together and taking at least one or more trips a year enjoying the company of each other. Everything becomes routine like mindless robots. This is not our fault.
I was going to give the reasons but they might not be within the posting rules, so I will leave it as said.
 waitingforyoutoo

Head Games
Posted: 12/23/2012 6:36:02 AM
I personally do not want to be a catch, as you put it. That is the problem with the majority of the women on here in my opinion. I am very secure in what I have and not looking for the high maintenance(gold digging till your broke) type of woman. I would rather turn gay or stay a hermit.
Playing mind games are for the insecure women trying to find Mr money pants and use them. "I am not a paycheck and will never be treated that way again". If women cannot look for love then I feel sorry for this new world.
Both sexes play mind games, but at our ages life should have taught you a valuable lesson by now, if not you still have alot of growing up to do.
Good luck and Merry X-mas!
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 50 (view)

You're a good man.
Posted: 12/9/2012 8:36:07 PM
Could be a hint for lets move in together or get married.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 737 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 12/1/2012 5:38:11 PM
I have not given up entirely searching as of yet. I have become comfortable just being by myself and if something should come along I still message them, but I am not going to BS and play games with a woman. Either a woman can respond and be truthful or I care not to even talk with the ladies.
Younger, the same age or older makes no difference to me as long as the gap isn't to much. Men are not mean when they are older and if you tell a lady something then it is her perception how she takes it.
Let's just say so far all the ones I have met with on this site have not been truthful. That doesn't mean I throw the towel in.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 142 (view)

What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 11/11/2012 7:16:20 AM
Funnershine, I really was hoping it worked out for you :(. As with everything else, it takes two to tango. As for now, I am just here mainly for the reading of the forums myself.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 2 (view)

Was I Right To Not Answer His Questions?
Posted: 11/3/2012 3:14:23 AM
Here is the thing, I understand your point of view, but also think about his. Sometimes you get tired of the bull and lies. Being straight forward and to the point saves alot of time and aggrevation.
Get the crap out of the way to see if you might be compatible and then you can enjoy seeing and getting to know one another.
If you have secrets now, then why put someone through all the wasted time in trying to get to know you???????????

People are bad about this type of stuff.... who wants to hear 1 month down the road after talking to someone that they have an STD or something else?

For every time I have meet someone on here just to find out their profile pictures are lies. Plain stupid and a reason if someone doesn't want to meet soon I just forget them. Be honest and forward, that doesn't mean giving them where you live or your phone number. Stop wasting time ladies.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 29 (view)

Going back into dating...why is this SO hard?
Posted: 10/31/2012 8:38:52 PM
Blade, do not know whether this was mentioned but I was in your shoes also. Until you get comfortable being you then you cannot expect someone else to be comfortable with you.
It takes time to heal your wounds before you get into a relationship. Now granted dating sites are more suited for hooking up then actually looking for a lifetime partner as you will find out. I am still on that search for lifetime and not hookups.
What I am trying to say is you will know when you are ready for a relationship again. You will have peace with yourself and could care less if the one is out there for you and then she will turn up.
Word of warning-- pics are not always true when looking at profiles and neither are the profiles. This I would have to assume applies to men also.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 49 (view)

Relocating and starting over
Posted: 10/31/2012 5:57:24 AM
Alabama weather would be just right(very rarely cold), just stay away from the coastal regions(hurricanes). There are tornados here also but not that often. Try to avoid the major cities and hit country (land is cheap).
As far as retirement advantages, nothing. Plenty of taxes and one of the poorest economical states to live in. But know-a-days which state isn't. Plenty of fishing and hunting and good old country cooking. Be careful where you live as crime is everywhere and in every state.
Regardless of where you decide to live, be aware of where the drug houses are,who the neighbors are, and the area.

My ideal location would be the base of the blue ridge mountains in Virginia, just to cold for me now.

As far as over seas there is a cut off age for Australia unless you have a craft that is needed.(thank God I am a custom woodworker/cabinet maker). I plan to retire overseas.
If you are not country then Alabama would not suit you. After all it is where the original colonies sent their trash.(not to say everyone here is that way)
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 6 (view)

what would you do
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:44:20 AM
What I would do and what you would do are two different things. First, if I were you the police is a starting point even though restraining orders are worthless. At least you will be able to have proof you tried the law first.
Second, I would have a male friend confront them via phone/ in person.
Third, a shotgun/pepper spray may be in order... this is a very dangerous man.
A friend of mine is going through the same thing and lucky for this state now we have a self-defense law. 4 or 5 years ago we did not and people suffered.
Fourth it might be a good idea to live elsewhere for awhile or have a friend stay over.

Law enforcement cannot protect you.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 114 (view)

Posted: 10/19/2012 3:26:56 AM
LOL at rusted nail, find me a good used model with low milage that doesn't leak oil and the motor purrs like a kitten. Oh and it must have good gas milage..... Don't need a gas guzzler. :)
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 85 (view)

A School Girl Crush at 60?
Posted: 10/11/2012 6:31:24 PM
Some women like to push a relationship faster then a man would like and the same goes with the man being to pushy. These are things that both genders pick up on.
I myself prefer not to kiss on a first date or hop into someones bed fast either. I guess it is my age that has made me more aware of what is out there in the world. In my younger days the thoughts never would of crossed my mind.

I am so sorry that things did not work out as I was pulling for you.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 10/9/2012 5:43:41 AM
Someone said they were not looking for a "fairytale" and did not believe in them.

I replied "As long as you have a roof over your head, food on the table, and someone you would love to stay cuddled up next too, then that is just as good as a fairytale". Just do not look for a prince to ride up on a white horse= The days of old were long ago.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 89 (view)

Posted: 10/6/2012 3:39:38 PM
My definition of the word "fun" is for both parties to go out and just enjoy the evening no matter what that might be with no strings attached. If you click you should know by the end or the beginning.
As far as getting married, with the right person that is great. As far as rushing into a marriage that will end in 2 months afterwards no thanks. Males and females at our age ,are or should be, wise enough to watch out for who comes their way if you understand my meaning.
As for the act of marriage, then I'm all for it.

Going out on dates where one or both parties are looking at failure before even giving it a chance is just plain stupid. When you look for something to fail, it will.(murphys law)
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2012 5:44:57 AM
The question I asked was "Do you go out just to have fun and see if there might be something there?" This was a first contact message.
The reason behind this question was because I wanted to know if they could do just that whenever or if we even got together. The hardest thing is trying to get someone away from the fantasy of being behind a keyboard and into the reality of actually meeting. This question would actually draw out the ones that want to find someone and the ones that do not in theory.
As far as the views/responses that could also in theory show that alot of POF members do not want to give out the real reason for being on here. There is nothing to be ashamed about for your reasons to be here.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 10/1/2012 6:14:40 AM
Just to set the record straight, my intentions for this thread are nothing but honorable. Again, I will explain the question I asked and the reason it lead to the thread topic later on.
Everyone has a right to post how they feel. :)

My life: Work 9-5 mon-sat 12-5 sun (call before you come) After all I have other things like fishing or running to town to get things or whatever else comes up.

My reason for being here is to find someone to share the rest of my life with. Not a player and not into rushing anything(old fashioned as well). Just thought it was fair I should answer my own question.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 9 (view)

Is it likely that this guy likes me?
Posted: 9/29/2012 4:46:09 AM
In answer to your question... if he is sending you kisses then he likes you or is just trying to get into your pants.
As far as mixing business with pleasure that is never a good idea. If the relationship should ever end then so does the job. Which is more important to you?
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 9/25/2012 6:28:12 PM
So far over 1000 views and only 37 responses. This could very well lead to an interesting conclusion. I will explain in more detail about the question I asked later.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 36 (view)

Parents living in the home of your love interest.
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:44:37 PM
If something ever happened where my mother needed a place to stay or needed me to care of her, then I hope whoever I am with would understand and not force me to choose between one or the other . Of course I would also do the same for her. I have a very strong family value.
 waitingforyoutoo

Do men really like bad girls ?
Posted: 9/24/2012 6:52:32 AM
Men like women that are open to anything in the bedroom. Spice will keep a relationship together.
As far as being a street walker, then they will not know your past unless it catches up with you.Std's are a big No. If you have something like that best to find a partner that also has it.

Nothing wrong with a bad girl as long as the only person she is bad with is the man or they have a mutual understanding and she can commit to a relationship. Please look up the real definition of that word.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 9/22/2012 2:21:29 PM
Just to make it crystal clear to everyone here, the word "fun" does not mean rolling in the hay, jumping in the sack, doing the momba,rubbing sticks or anything else of that nature.
Also just because a profile says something does not make it true so just speak for yourself and not everyone else please. This thread was intended just for the poster to answer what they are here for .

Was that question being forceful, never thought of it that way. It was meant to be just as stated and thus the reason why I wanted to see why everyone was actually on a dating site with the honest answer.

Are you lonely and just wanting someone to talk to?
Are you just here for the forums?
Are you looking for a prince(rich men only)?
Things of that nature. I think it would be interesting just to find out.

Show ALL Forums