Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dude, what if she has/had a penis?... o.O
 beachielife
Msg: 38 (view)

Dude, what if she has/had a penis?... o.O
Posted: 8/19/2012 10:16:48 AM
I've notice several profile where the face didn't look "quite right", then the profile went on to mention "transgender" or "shemale". Only one (Latina) totally fooled me, but even then, the second picture didn't look like the same person (it was a group picture, and I had trouble being certain which person in the picture matched with the main profile picture—the profile revealed at the end that the person and all those in the group shot were "shemales").

However, one of the profiles I came across had no mention of being anything other than female. Except that I recognized the person as the ex-husband of a friend (they divorced because he decided to become a she—a fugly one, btw). Caveat lector.
 beachielife
Msg: 434 (view)

worst date u went on
Posted: 8/1/2012 7:00:56 PM
Not my date, but I was trying match dot you-know years ago, and ended up text-chatting with a nice blonde in Australia. I was new, and she was warning me what to expect.

She goes to this restaurant to meet this guy, and he's clearly 10 years older than his pix, and worse for the wear, hair not doing so well, etc.. She had me in stitches, with comments that his teeth looked like tombstones with moss, and the revelation that a piece of the moss flicked off as he talked and landed on her wine glass. The conversation went on for a long time, and the details were hilarious.

But the best part was when she decided to make her escape—she feigned an appendicitis and said she needed to get to a hospital. She tried to out-rush him to her car, but he kept up and went in for a hug/kiss—she bent over and held him off in a faked acute attack, got in the car and drove off.
 beachielife
Msg: 60 (view)

Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 8/1/2012 6:47:57 PM
I remember the first time I got a rose from a girl, I was in my early 20's. I worked at a large aerospace corporation, and we'd sometimes go to the local topless bar for lunch (seriously, they had a nice roast beef lunch). I left and was in the parking lot, and the gal that had stopped by our table and said hi earlier, ran out and handed me a rose. She had gotten roses from someone, and wanted to give me one. I said thank you and left.

By a quirk of fate we met again a couple of weeks later at a bar nowhere near there, and dated for about six months. She lived at home with her mother. Her sister didn't live with them, but also stripped at the club to support her husband and child. The mom was dating one of the bouncers at the club. It was a french-canadian stripper family—LOL.

But it was nice to get a rose from a pretty girl...
 beachielife
Msg: 44 (view)

Pictures of your Ex
Posted: 8/1/2012 6:30:37 PM
This thread reminds me of when I dated this very bright woman, law degree, intellectual...

After we've been dating a bit, she asks, "Why do you keep a picture of your ex on your refrigerator?", in an accusing tone. I said, "Um, maybe because it's that's my son's mom?" Geez, my ex was a raving nutcase with a drug problem, which is why I was a single parent—LOL—the pic wasn't for me. I guess you'd have to visualize all the refrigerator magnets pinning pictures of my two kids, art they did in school, etc. Anyway, that was surprisingly unobservant of her, or maybe the innate dislike of any symbol of an ex in a mate's household overwhelmed her common sense ;-)
 beachielife
Msg: 20 (view)

Living with Jack Spratt!
Posted: 8/1/2012 6:18:27 PM
I agree with what MsGirlyMuscle said.

The bottom line is that you need to avoid the crap (red meat is fine—donuts and cookies, minimize).

Also, just because he doesn't gain weight doesn't mean that junk is doing him any favors, but he's getting by with it. I was a "hard gainer", and was nearly 40 before I could put on the weight I wanted, and it took 4000-4500 calories a day for a year. It would have been a tragedy if someone was trying to keep up with me—lol.

Since then I went low carb, so I routinely deal with picking restaurants where I can get what I want, and my gf or date can get what they want. It's not difficult.

However, I broke up with my gf of three and a half years recently, and one of the issues was that she was overweight, had a high blood-sugar problem (and diabetic mother), yet was terribly addicted to desserts, garlic fries, etc. I never gave her a hard time about it, but ultimately it did influence the breakup. She was 24 years younger than me, and I was concerned that she was less healthy, and I felt like I was a bit of an enabler by not giving her a hard time about her eating habits.
 beachielife
Msg: 583 (view)

older guys younger women
Posted: 7/27/2012 4:23:05 PM
I'm not going to read all 8 years of this thread (sheesh), but obviously it just depends on the people involved.

The mothers (one I married, one I lived with instead) of my two kids where 8 years younger than me (I ended up raising both kids without them, but that's another story). I stayed single for a long time, waiting for the second one to to perhaps get clean and sane some day, then I dated someone my age for seven years, broke up, and met someone 14 years younger than me. I thought that was too much, and it freaked me out till I realized that it didn't bother her a bit, and she's the one that should care. She (34 at the time) liked mature people.

The interesting thing is that I tried harder with her—she was fairly demanding or attention and time and consideration, and I got a whole lot better about talking to her every day, etc.

After three and a half years, we broke up (she wanted to get married, but wanted me to give up my cat—no, she wasn't allergic, just small animal gave her the creeps, she admitted long after we broke up).

My daughter lives out of state, and was talking to me after that. It was weird getting dating advice from my daughter, but she said, "Dad, please don't date someone your age—it wouldn't look right." (No doubt, there are young-looking knock-out women my age. Just fewer of them than there are in younger age groups.)

I had no intentions of dating online, but a woman 24 years younger than me (two years older than my daughter) contacted me, we got along chatting and on the phone, so we met and dated for three and a half years (till two weeks ago).

Again, at first I thought 24 difference years was crazy. But she had dated older than her, and still felt the guys were immature. People assume I'm a lot younger than I am, when they see me, and I keep in good shape. She was a bit overweight, so it's not like she was dating some broken down old man—I was in better shape and health than her.

Both of the last two were Asian (the second born here), so maybe that was a factor—they tend to look up to the elder male figures. However, I think that's true of some women regardless of race—some women admire a handsome stable father figure growing up, and feel comfortable with that as an adult.

I'm just trying pof as of 3 days ago (forum posting just went live). I don't think it will work for me. In public, women mid to late 30's, early 40's gravity towards me. Online here, I get deluge with email from mid-50's, and someone in their 30's and early 40's probably won't even check out my profile. No big deal—I don't have problem meeting people, just wanted to try branching out...

Show ALL Forums