Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Nudists
 manormeow2
Msg: 50 (view)

Nudists
Posted: 8/6/2009 9:11:06 AM
LoL- it really amuses me to read posts on nudism. I would suspect most of the people that comment have never even tried nudism-- they are just people who THINK they know what it is about. Let me assure you, YOU DON'T. If you haven't been to a nudist site, how can you judge what happens (or doesn't happen)?

If you don't "like" the idea of nudism, that is fine. But you really shouldn't judge something until you at least give it a try. I've been a nudist (both home and at nudist resorts) for a number of years, and the people I have met have been the nicest and most laid back people I know. Yes, there are SOME that go to places that think nudity = sex... but those people are usually quickly discovered and asked to leave. Of course, on POF, the simple fact that the topic of nudism falls under the "SEX and dating" forum speaks volumes for how little people really know. I'm far from a prude, but I am certainly able to separate nudity and sex.
 manormeow2
Msg: 45 (view)

Is there certain words that you hate?
Posted: 6/28/2008 1:10:34 PM
"my bad". I absolutely hate when people say that. I just want to go over and smack them, and then say "MY BAD". haha. Yeah, I really don't like that one.
 manormeow2
Msg: 2 (view)

3-D TV
Posted: 6/22/2008 5:40:47 PM
My company actually has one of these currently. We are a high tech company and do a lot of research and development. The thing is AMAZING. And for a spare $50,000 you TOO can have one. Probably not going to be in my house any time soon. No glasses required for this one either. Very cool.
 manormeow2
Msg: 4 (view)

Bongos and drum circles?
Posted: 6/22/2008 5:26:22 PM
Hi there--

Drum circles can be an absolute blast, and if you have rhythm, you can play. It's really that simple. I've been playing for a few years, and absolutely love it. It's amazing how relaxing and energizing it can be at the same time. If you get into it, you will understand that soon enough.

I would suggest this-- go to You Tube and look up Jim Donovan. He's a friend of mine, and has been playing for a long time. He also does drum circles all over and is a great teacher. He has several videos on line talking about how to play, and at least one were you can drum along with him in a "call and response", which means he drums a beat, then pauses so you can repeat the same beat pattern. It's a great way to get the feel of the drum.

As far as finding drum circles, go to some local coffee places- NOT the Starbucks type, but local, non-franchise coffee houses. They often have music and things, and may have posts from people. You can also search on line for drum circles. Depending on if you live in a small town or a larger community, you should be able to find something.

I hope you enjoy your new drum!
 manormeow2
Msg: 45 (view)

Sorry to miss a great event
Posted: 2/10/2008 8:16:46 AM
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all, and I'm sorry I had to miss it. I hope there continue to be events in the general Rochester area. It's a drive for me, but I don't mind that if it is a good time. Family matters creeped up last minute this time, so I had to miss, but I hope to make the next one.
 manormeow2
Msg: 13 (view)

kid in your photos?
Posted: 1/1/2008 8:36:19 PM
Esmith, I'm sorry to disagree with you, but it is really quite simple. Find a profile of a woman with kids, date a woman a few times, and BINGO-- you have access to the kids. Yes, that can happen to anyone out there whether they have the pics posted or not, BUT these kinds of people can get off just with the pic-- coming up with all sorts of thoughts you don't want to even dream of. So next thing, they are with this woman and can get close to the kids he has been thinking of in all sorts of horrible ways.
Sorry, but I think you might not be considering how easy it really is. Sick, yes. Easy... yes.
 manormeow2
Msg: 21 (view)

Will 44DD effect a girls ability to work
Posted: 12/30/2007 9:16:23 PM
I met a guy once that told me he was so large, he had a hard time walking..... do you think these two were related to each other??

As a larger and endowed woman, let me assure you, if there is a reason this woman can't work, it is because she is lazy, not because of the size of her chest.
 manormeow2
Msg: 4 (view)

kid in your photos?
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:33:54 PM
Personally, I think it's a bad choice to include photos of your kids in profiles. If you have kids, great--- list that, but I'd really leave the photos out. Not because of the things the OP listed, but because there are a LOT of sick people out there prowling the sites for reasons less than golden, if you will. I wouldn't want some sick-o writing to me in order to somehow get to my kids. Believe me, they are out there. Please remove the kid pics from your profiles!
 manormeow2
Msg: 11 (view)

Why do some women like to see cam?
Posted: 12/20/2007 3:16:32 PM
I totally agree with papabear on this one. I bet 90% of the time, if not more, as soon as I have accepted to view someones cam, they start pulling down their shorts. And probably the same amount of time that I have been asked by a guy to see my cam, as soon as I turn it on, they want to see much more of me than my face.

I think cams are great if you want to see if the person you are talking to "matches" the picture they have in their profile. But for the most part.... no thanks.
 manormeow2
Msg: 101 (view)

Living alone- And what do you hate about it?
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:46:09 PM
No one here to clean out the refridgerator.
I hate that job!

Seriously, there are some things around that house that an extra pair of hands would be nice for- home repairs, and such. Plus, unless you set up dinner in a crock pot, you know you are never going to come home to a meal already prepared.

But for the most part, I enjoy it.
 manormeow2
Msg: 18 (view)

What would motivate this email?
Posted: 12/18/2007 7:56:26 PM
OhMyGosh-- Thanks so much for the HUGE amount of laughter this post has brought me! I especially love the translations. Too funny!

You know, the sad thing was that I could actually understand what the poster (AJ) said. I guess I've gotten too many of those posts from guys on here. Yikes.

HugZ to everyone that got me laughing. I needed a fix.

manormeow2
Msg: 35 (view)

Good Beer...
Posted: 12/13/2007 2:53:05 PM
Usually anything dark is going to be on my list, though I do tend to enjoy trying new beers, and love to go to places where you can buy single bottles to try. Murphys Irish Stout is always nice on tap, and fairly common. A local brewpub makes a great dark beer called Dartanion. I do enjoy Killians from time to time, and Labatts isn't too bad for a lighter beer with friends. Typically though, I'm the one with all the weird beers in my cooler. Black ales, strange ciders, and such. Speckled hen is pretty good. Saranacs black forest is nice.
 manormeow2
Msg: 54 (view)

Anyone miss any of their childhood toys?
Posted: 12/13/2007 2:29:49 PM
I remember having a big green machine or something like that- a big wheel, basically. I loved going up and down the sidewalk with that. Lego for sure- and coloring.... though I do still have a box of crayons and some books around here.
 manormeow2
Msg: 48 (view)

The bubble
Posted: 12/6/2007 4:11:42 PM
OMG-- the other day I went on a first date with a guy-- started out with me getting into his vehicle and getting a dozen roses. He also had a candle burning on the dash and a bottle of wine and two glasses. I was thinking this guy was great with the romance thing--- THEN next thing I know he's gone from romantic setting to "dog in heat".... sorry, but that is the best way I can describe it. I mean, I thought I was going to have to either beat him off with a stick or get out the pepper spray! On the first date. This was also the last date, and it didn't last very long (just long enough for me to tell him see ya, take my roses, and leave).
 manormeow2
Msg: 49 (view)

Are you a reader?
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:43:08 PM
I love to read, and pretty much do every day. I read all sorts of books- though mostly fiction. I enjoy murder mysteries, historical fiction, some biographies, books on various religions and beliefs, and those "Oprah books"- the ones talking about people in crisis and how they deal with it and move forward in their lives. They aren't always happy ending books, but really-- life isn't always a happy ending either-- but somehow they survive and get through another day. I also read some self-help books--- but then I start questioning what is wrong with me! hahaha
 manormeow2
Msg: 39 (view)

Is the nick name important?
Posted: 12/2/2007 6:45:41 PM
I do enjoy some of the creativity in the nicknames- I think it can be fun to figure out what they mean. Mine-- manormeow. Okay-- not Man or Meow, but Manor Meow.
I have a number of fuzzy kitties-- so I own a "cat house" - manor meow sounded kinda cute. I also have a warped sense of humor.
 manormeow2
Msg: 8 (view)

Affairs in the workplace
Posted: 9/18/2007 9:26:11 AM
I'm sorry for her- sounds like she is being used in this one. However, if she wants to see if he wants to make things work, then seeking counseling is the best idea. At least then she will know where he stands. If he refuses, then it's a sure sign, and she really should seek a divorce from this guy before she wastes any more time. Best of luck to your friend.
 manormeow2
Msg: 62 (view)

Not To Be A Thorn In Your Side But I Will Tell You What I Think
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:11:10 PM
Thanks so much Thorn! I used to have my profile in paragraph form, but thought maybe guys wouldn't take the time to read it all. I've switched it back- and added a better opening line (or at least one that might get some curiosity seekers). I may work on the wording a bit later, but for right now, I think I got your general idea.

Thanks again!
 manormeow2
Msg: 54 (view)

Not To Be A Thorn In Your Side But I Will Tell You What I Think
Posted: 8/31/2007 5:06:36 PM
Hi Thorn--

Could you take a look at my profile and let me know what you think? Appreciate your time.
 manormeow2
Msg: 32 (view)

Sleeping naked
Posted: 8/9/2007 7:17:51 PM
haha-- Duty1234, you crack me up.

Well, it would be a long drive for you to stop by, but if you do, I'm sure if I'm home, you will find me naked! You are too funny!
 manormeow2
Msg: 3 (view)

Was I Wrong??
Posted: 8/5/2007 7:17:55 PM
Unless you want to spend your time with a guy that obviously uses substances to alter his mood a lot, then NO you were not wrong. If he can't get past one night to have a date with you... I would suspect he can't live without the stuff-- what ever it may be.

Keep searching-- unless that is something you are looking for... but I suspect it isn't.

Just my humble opinion.
 manormeow2
Msg: 20 (view)

What would you do?
Posted: 8/5/2007 6:31:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your father- cancer is a horrible thing to deal with- I know first hand.

Sounds like you already know what to do, if you will. You've been with this guy for two years, and he blows you off like that? Sounds like a total loser to me, and you deserve better. Looking at your replies, it sounds like you know that though- best of luck, and again, I am sorry to hear about your father.
 manormeow2
Msg: 2 (view)

what do women want in a guy these days?
Posted: 8/5/2007 12:02:50 PM
Hi Kevin-

so I just checked your profile before responding. In my opinion, you do a better job on this post telling women what you are looking for than you do in your profile. You really don't say much in your profile, honestly. I dont' think you need to tell a woman how many push ups you can do-- hey, it's cool, but it also comes off as bragging.

I am much more attracted to the man I can read about in this post (dont like to argue/ respectful communication/ etc than reading in your profile about how good you look or how many push ups you do. I think if you spend more time on your profile telling women what you are looking for and your personality, they may take you more seriously.

Just my humble opinion- take it for what it is worth.
 manormeow2
Msg: 97 (view)

A Touch of Grey
Posted: 8/5/2007 7:27:01 AM
Personally, I think salt and pepper is VERY sexy. Bald (shaved) is extremely sexy also.

It's just the society that says men should not go grey or that bald is a turn-off. It all depends on the woman looking (or the man for that matter). Just like society says all women should be tiny super models or they are not attractive.

We all need to stop listening to what Hollywood says is sexy and really examine what WE find as sexy. I dont think men or women should hide who they are. But that is just my humble opinion!
 manormeow2
Msg: 25 (view)

Sleeping naked
Posted: 8/5/2007 7:12:29 AM
haha-- this has been a great post to read through!

I live in the country- 10 acres of quiet and privacy. If I'm home, I'm naked. I wander around the property naked. Yeah, I have had to dive behind the house on the rare occasion that a car drives by-- but that is all part of the thrill. It's such a freeing feeling to be able to walk around like that. So sleep- definitely naked.

Of course all my friends know to call before stopping over!
 manormeow2
Msg: 13 (view)

Rejected by that harmony site! LOL
Posted: 7/23/2007 7:27:25 AM
I was actually accepted at the site-- and I even spent my $40 or whatever to see who these wonderful men were that this site found for me. Now I don't typically date guys that are much younger than me, and I also have not figured out how to "master" the long distance relationship. BUT just about every person the Harmony site found as my "match" was at least 7-10 years younger than me (I'm only 35 for heavens sake-- I don't want to have to train anyone) and at least 2 states away. I can't belive I wasted my money on that site for a month. The one guy I did actually talk to for a while was going along just fine until we talked about meeting-- then he all of a sudden became some sick freak sex fiend! RUN, RUN AWAY!!!!

Show ALL Forums