Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Lack of commitment
 ~rain~
Msg: 4 (view)

Lack of commitment
Posted: 1/1/2012 11:16:37 PM
Some women just arent into that sort of thing. Communication is the key!! Just have a talk with her...explain why you sent her flowers at work. tell her you didnt mean to freak her out and let her explain her feelings about it.
 ~rain~
Msg: 12 (view)

Is it that common?
Posted: 12/25/2011 11:42:33 PM
oh my goodness!! Its just a question!!!

It is a little unconventional, but still just a question from someone who may be intrested in a potential relationship. If you are offended or have something to hide then just tell them so!
 ~rain~
Msg: 2 (view)

Does unprotected sex with NO ejaculation lead to pregnancies?
Posted: 12/20/2011 8:01:47 PM
well, you could DIE!!!!!!

Why would you have unprotected sex with a stranger?? Google is your friend, go educate yourself!!!
 ~rain~
Msg: 6 (view)

If All the Good Ones Are Taken .....
Posted: 12/17/2011 7:12:41 AM
that phrase is only repeated by single bitter people who cant hold onto anyone. Instead of looking at their own faults and trying to change them for the better.... They blame everyone else, saying the ones they cant get are no good.
 ~rain~

WHOSE Pictures are Those???
Posted: 12/17/2011 7:09:37 AM
There is more to this story that you are not telling us!! Maybe this great guy Todd wanted to get rid of you for some reason and asked his buddy to flirt with you to give him the excuse.

I find it hard to believe that if you had never left your dates side, that his best friend would even have the chance to be the flirt you claim him to be.

Go ahead and send Todd a note wishing him Happy Holidays...but dont be suprised if he does not reply. I think if the situation could be fixed..it would have already happened.
 ~rain~
Msg: 21 (view)

Whe The Focus of The Date is The Wait Staff
Posted: 11/23/2011 2:47:13 AM
if you thought the guy was acting like an ass, then just dont go out with him anymore!! why dwell on it? Why keep bringing it up?

WHO CARES!! He wasnt your knight in shining armor! He is not your soul mate! Just move on!!
We have all had encounters where out date was less then ideal, you just smile, make it through the evening and go home. If there is offers for a second date..JUST SAY NO!!

its really not rocket science!! and it is ridiculous that you would be jealous of a young waitress who was just trying to be polite and do her job!!
 ~rain~
Msg: 22 (view)

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't thing I can handle my phone becoming my leash
Posted: 11/20/2011 9:29:12 AM
just read the original post......

My opinion, you dont need a beer or meds..You need therapy!

If you rambled on to this guy like you rambled on in your first post, its no wonder they guy told you to have a nice life!! EEEKK!!!!!
 ~rain~
Msg: 10 (view)

Call me when you're ready...am I right?
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:32:20 AM
first of all..she needs her "friend time" you commenting about her spending time with her girl friends is immature. She should have to be with you 24/7

You like her and she obviously likes you so I agree with those who suggest you talk to hr about your feelings. To assume isnt going to get you anywhere. Talk to her and find out where the relationship stands. best wishes to you
 ~rain~
Msg: 5 (view)

Should I tell a girl right away or wait till she brings it up?
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:22:33 AM
oh my goodness people....He is a guy!! he is going to try what he can and hope he will get a little something something..If doesnt make him a bad person! It doesnt mean he has a "psychological problem requiring therepy"He is just looking for that girl with enough self respect who will SLOW HIM DOWN!
Just because he puts the moves on doesnt mean she has to go for it.

O.P. maybe thats what you are looking for..... the chase! You just keep looking for her. You dont have to say anything to anyone about it.
 ~rain~

sex and food
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:43:21 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyeah!!!! whats in the fridge baybeeeeee!!!!! laffs
 ~rain~
Msg: 13 (view)

That's your problem...really?
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:40:18 PM
when someone has a problem then a couple will talk it out and come to some sort of compromise....that is what being a team is all about.

and.....as far as your ex not wanting to have sex with you...........you have to ask yourself..why?
did you let yourself go? did your hygene fall under standards? did you take her for granted and stop making her feel special? There could have been thousands of reasons why this happened....it takes two to make a marriage fall apart so dont go blaming your "dead marriage" just on her.
 ~rain~
Msg: 14 (view)

don't know what to do
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:55:56 PM
He likes you but he isnt ready for the seriousness of a relationship yet. You can take things slow and see what develops or you can just stand your ground until you find what you want! Just ask yourself if he is worth it or not.
 ~rain~
Msg: 8 (view)

When is it an appropriate time to say you have a fetish?
Posted: 11/4/2011 9:24:51 PM
if someone cant accept you for exactly who you are, then they arent the one for you.

Be honest about what you are into. Then you wont waste anyones time trying to hide it, and having her run when she cant accept it.
 ~rain~

emotional!
Posted: 11/4/2011 9:20:55 PM
Hun, you are not this guys friend!! You just wont let go!!

Leave him alone and go find your own special someone. He has moved on and so should you.
 ~rain~
Msg: 63 (view)

Forgotten wallet leads to disaster
Posted: 10/15/2011 4:43:01 PM
If it was an honest mistake my advice would be to reply to her text with an upper case.." See ya!!
If she is going to be this shallow about a meal check then why would you want to date her anyway?

On the other hand..if it was an honest mistake why did you have to tell us about being the lower half of middle class, and how how she was wealthy??

makes ya wonder..doesnt it??
 ~rain~

26 year old and 40 year old
Posted: 10/15/2011 4:53:57 AM
Right now you are spending time with a 26 year old prostitute. As long as you pay her I dont think she cares if she is enjoying spending tine with you or not.
Try asking her if you could spend time with her without paying her. See what her response will be then.

As for "closed minded people"(lmao)...darlin! You are both adults and you can do what ever you want. Dont label people as closed minded just because they tell you things you may not want to hear.
 ~rain~

HUMILIATION
Posted: 10/14/2011 7:31:46 PM
so you arent into that kind of lifestyle, no big deal but dont judge those who may be..

if you dont understand, it is ok to ask questions...but dont make comments on something that you know nothing about.
 ~rain~

Is he just not that into me?
Posted: 10/14/2011 7:29:19 PM
you had a great thing and you pushed it....

have you ever heard the phrase..if it isnt broke dont try to fix it....well it wasnt broke...but it may be now
 ~rain~
Msg: 15 (view)

When his friends are the red flags
Posted: 10/2/2011 4:03:57 PM
Im confused..Who are you dating?? Him? or his "friends?"

you dont have to deal with his friends, you dont have to be friends with his friends....You are the one who is letting them come between you and your guy, not anyone else

So either enjoy your time with your guy or move on. Sounds like he isnt the type to ditch his friends over a new woman that he is dating and he shouldnt have too.
 ~rain~
Msg: 61 (view)

tummy apron... a big deal or no?
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:40:35 PM
If it bothers you then all means ..do something about it!! But do it for YOU and no one else!!
The person who is the right one for you will love all of you.They will accept you for exactly who you are, including all the faults you may think you have. They will think you are the most beautiful, sexy, desirable person on the planet.

Sexy is a mind thing, not a body thing.
 ~rain~
Msg: 32 (view)

Should I leave the fact that I'm half-gay off my profile?
Posted: 9/25/2011 6:20:28 PM
is the top half gay or the bottom half???

hahahahahaha...sorry! my bad!!

always be honest with who you are!! it is the only way you will ever find the someone who is meant for you.
 ~rain~
Msg: 18 (view)

He Ain't All That!
Posted: 9/25/2011 6:17:16 PM
P.S. being a nudist isnt bad!! It doent make a person who likes to be nude bad!!

we were all born nude!!

Ignorance is bad
 ~rain~
Msg: 17 (view)

He Ain't All That!
Posted: 9/25/2011 6:15:58 PM
everyone has a past!! Get over it!!

If he is doing something that you dont like, then dont see him anymore. He will find someone else and so will you!!

Our past doesnt always make us bad people in the present, the people who judge us for our past are the bad ones!!
 ~rain~

Used AGAIN.
Posted: 9/25/2011 6:11:35 PM
so you got no enjoyment out of sleeping with this guy at all?? The only reason you slept with him was because you wanted a relationship out of him?

well some may say that you USED him as well!!

we have sex because it feels nice and we like it!
Im sorry that you didnt get everything you hoped out of it, but unfortunately thats the way life goes.
Stop sleeping with a guy in hopes of a relationship and ONLY sleep with someone if you really want to have fun and will get as much out of it as he will!

you may find a difference.
 ~rain~
Msg: 7 (view)

How many times you can accept for your date stand you up ?
Posted: 9/25/2011 9:46:01 AM
shit happens, we all know that.
I think that if something actually did come up and someone had to postpone that would be acceptable...the first time!!!!
If you made alternate plans and they had to cancel again, it probably means they are not interested so you may want to consider moving on.
you could be missing out on something wonderful if you are waiting around for someone who doesnt give you a second thought.
 ~rain~
Msg: 19 (view)

Webcams and watching...
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:49:29 PM
laffs...why pay for something when you can get it for free. If this is the kind of thing that floats your boat darlin, there are a million different FREE ways you can go about this!!
 ~rain~

marriage divorce and sex
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:47:26 PM
they are "ex's" for a reason. (usually a darn good one)

stay focused on that reason and move on with your life. If it was that bad that you had to get a divorce, it isnt going to get any better now.
 ~rain~

Gay relationship help
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:44:11 PM
He isnt into you, this is a cop out and he is trying to spare your feelings.

forget about him and move on.
 ~rain~

Bed Jumpers over Girls with Morals
Posted: 9/1/2011 7:57:48 PM
most men would prefer to date a girl who will hop into bed right away, it doesnt mean they are going to stick around afterwards!!

it all comes down to what you want to see looking back at you in the mirror, to how you want to behave on a date.
If a guy doesnt call you again because you didnt bed him after a date or two, then it is his loss
 ~rain~

How to date with a chronic illness.
Posted: 9/1/2011 7:54:06 PM
you stop trying to control the outcome and start living life to its fullest.

good luck to you
 ~rain~

My ex is pregnant and says its not mine ??
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:10:49 PM
RUN!!!! Thank your lucky stars she isnt putting this burden on you and just go...dont look back!!

I commend you for wanting to do the right thing..but this sounds like a very unstable girl... get out while the going is good. Who knows..when things dont work out with the guy she has put you on the back burner for, she might still try to hand off this responsability to you.

Be careful and always ask for a paternity test! I will look for all involved on Maury!!
 ~rain~

Am I a fool for this guy?
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:56:41 PM
you broke up with him and he can do what ever he pleases...so can you..

So put this past behind you and go find someone you can be happy with.
 ~rain~

How would you feel about dating if ..... ?
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:04:58 AM
why would youve talking about your ex's on a date?

and if you had the same cirlce of friends then why didnt you already meet when you were both with these ex's?

and if you never met while this circle was hanging out before, then what makes you think you will be put in any uncomfortable situations now?

sounds like your a drama queen who eover thinks everything.

if you like each other, then enjoy each other. why would anyone give a damn..what an ex thinks
 ~rain~
Msg: 11 (view)

Am I a Serial Dater??
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:58:07 AM
your single and in the prime of your life....if you want to date a different woman every day of the week....then you go right ahead and do it.

Just be honest with your feelings and with yourself
 ~rain~
Msg: 24 (view)

Why do girls tell a guy how hot another guy is in front of them?
Posted: 8/20/2011 3:47:30 PM
would you find it equally offending if she saw a beautiful woman and commented on how pretty she was??
I am willing to bet that you wouldnt give it a second though.

its not her.....its you!!
 ~rain~
Msg: 9 (view)

Profiles
Posted: 8/19/2011 10:02:07 PM
hmm...so a person is not allowed to ask for what they want? They are not allowed to have expectations in a potential life partener..

I wonder if you would feel the same way if you met all the qualifactations of someone who caught your eye here.
 ~rain~

Occasionally smoke and no drugs...
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:24:00 PM
LMAO @ herbal smokes..

so...................you smoke pot then??
 ~rain~
Msg: 4 (view)

Is online flirting considering cheating?
Posted: 8/10/2011 6:02:10 PM
cheating is physical!!! However he should respect your feelings!!

and if you are so unhappy with this guys behaviour. then why do you keep forgiving it?
He is NOT going to change!!

He is NOT!! STOP TELLING YOURSELF HE WILL!!

NOPE!!

he knows how you feel about his actions, he still disrespects you by continuing..
so start respecting yourself and kick this guy to the curb!!!!
 ~rain~

Trust
Posted: 7/14/2011 5:55:47 PM
if someone earns your trust then they deserve to have it.
You cant make everyone who walks into your life pay for everyone in your pasts mistakes. If you insist on this then you may as well stay single for the rest of your life.
 ~rain~

Buffalo, New York POF Party @ Acqua on July 16, 2011 Sat 6-10pm
Posted: 7/10/2011 7:02:38 AM
sounds like fun!! I havent been out to play for awhile!
.....................................................................................
 ~rain~
Msg: 29 (view)

What does it feel like for a man?
Posted: 6/4/2011 12:58:48 PM
seriously....who freaken cares what it feels like for him..

HE IS GIVING YOU AN ORGASM!!!!
 ~rain~
Msg: 2 (view)

Am I just pregnant and crazy..?
Posted: 6/4/2011 12:27:16 PM
well coming on here saying your married but activily seeking a relationship is NOT the answer.
The situation with your boyfriend is not going to get better unless HE wants them to get better. You nagging him constantly is just going to make him resent you instead of becoming closer to you.
Stay close to your family and friends for the support you are going to need right now and in your future.
My advice for you would be to just leave. Perhaps if he realizes what he has lost, he may smarten up. Who knows...My opinion is that he is acting far to immamture to be a proper father and partener to you and your babies.

good luck with everything.
 ~rain~
Msg: 25 (view)

When the truth is worse than the lie
Posted: 5/25/2011 4:42:14 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

OP is 47 years old??

why is she acting like a 12 year old??????
 ~rain~
Msg: 45 (view)

What do you think?
Posted: 5/24/2011 8:55:36 PM

rain, if you've never talked about anyone (even a load of complete strangers) just to get a second opinion, then I commend you. The reason I like to have other people's opinions is because sometimes I don't trust my own, and I have been let down and hurt by people I've considered to be my friends in the past, and even by family. Maybe you have never had this happen, which is why you are so willing to trust at face value. It's our experiences that shape how we react to things, and I admit that yes, I do find it hard to trust people One gripe I have I suppose is that I've introduced her to a lot of people I know, and she's only ever introduced me to one person she knows.

No!! I dont say anything about anyone that I wouldnt say to their face. As for trust, If I felt I couldnt trust someone I was dating then I wouldnt be dating him for very long!! I certainly wouldnt consider a person I couldnt trust a friend.
As for being hurt in the past by people blah blah blah......No one should ever have to pay for someone elses mistakes.
I agree with the above poster who said. Tell your boyfriend that she wants his number and see what he has to say about it.
my opinion....This "friend" doesnt have a problem, Your boyfriend doesnt have a problem...YOU have the problem...jealousy is so unattractive and nothing good ever comes from it.
 ~rain~
Msg: 34 (view)

What do you think?
Posted: 5/23/2011 3:40:31 AM

rain, she's a friend, but one I've not known that long and one whose behaviour to date has given me some reason for concern. (It takes a long time to build up trust, and especially when the person has already given you a few reasons to doubt them). I believe trust comes with time and is earned. I posted this following comments some of my other friends have made to me, because they are wary of her and think I should be also.

I am inclined to agree more with other posters: on reflection, I don't see why she needs his help to buy a camera (when he's no camera expert) and why she needs to buy it in his home town, which is miles away. If that makes me of poor character, well ok...so be it, but I'd rather be deemed to have poor character and to be cautious than be taken for a fool.

ok, so what about your boyfriend?? do you trust him??

If he is in a happy secure relationship then he would do NOTHING to ruin it! He would tell this girl,to hit the road if her intentions were bad.
Of course you will agree with those posters who tell you exactly what you want to hear instead of looking at the whole big picture.
In the end though you are going to do what ever you want to do and think whatever you want to think.
and YES I do think it is bad character to talk about people behing their back, especially if you call them a friend in the same paragraph.
 ~rain~
Msg: 21 (view)

What do you think?
Posted: 5/22/2011 4:42:51 AM
She asked for his number because she needs some help. She is your friend, He is your boyfriend. YOU SHOULD TRUST THEM BOTH!!

If they want each other there is nothing on the planet that you will be able to stop it anyway.. so stop the jealously (it is so boring) and show them both how mature you really are. Your boyfriend is more likely to stick round with a mature confident woman then one who is wiorried about every move he makes.

P.S. I dont think it shows very good character to come here and say those mean things about someone you claim is "your friend"
 ~rain~
Msg: 6 (view)

An empty feeling, somethign missing
Posted: 5/12/2011 12:58:05 AM
sweetie!! go get counsilling. Talk to a professional!! No one here can help you!
 ~rain~
Msg: 9 (view)

Hard to find love
Posted: 5/7/2011 4:07:17 PM
the easiest way to find love??

stop looking for it!!!

a secret for you.....shh..(come closer) are you ready?

ok...the reason why "nice guys finish last" is because they are to busy trying to convince everyone what nice guys they are.
 ~rain~
Msg: 8 (view)

would a picnic at a place with new scenery be a good first date?
Posted: 5/7/2011 4:01:58 PM
I think it is a fantastic idea. It shows that you put alot of thought into your date. Plus it is very romantic! Checkered blanket, simple finger foods, a bottle of wine...Dont forget the flower. A single flower would be the icing on the cake.
I think this would score some major brownie points.

Listen to the females on this one!! after all, i tis a female your trying to impress..right? :o)
 ~rain~

Do you think dating in real life is similiar to that on the television?
Posted: 4/23/2011 11:09:29 AM
TV is not real!!!!

stop watching soap operas and romantic comedies and get yourself a hobby

Show ALL Forums