Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Thought I was almost over her
 jlynn1955
Msg: 34 (view)

Thought I was almost over her
Posted: 11/8/2018 6:03:59 PM
All I can say is I understand exactly what you are feeling. The only answer I have is to put one foot in front of the other in the opposite direction and repeat..... It might help to keep a diary of these things. Even the best of friends will reach a point where he doesn't want to listen anymore. Keep putting one foot in front of the other.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 96 (view)

Friends With Exes: What are your thoughts?
Posted: 11/8/2018 5:44:36 PM
Some people can and some can't. I can't do it. I don't hate him. I wish him...and her the very best, but that's all I can do.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 61 (view)

Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.
Posted: 11/8/2018 5:39:22 PM
Hopefully she isn't pregnant. It really is a bad idea for children to have children.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 296 (view)

Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?
Posted: 1/27/2018 9:12:10 AM
One of the most important lessons I have learned is that there are some questions to which we never know the answer. Why did he? What did I do? These kinds of questions can eat at you indefinitely if you let them. Hard as it is to do, the best thing is to just shrug your shoulders and move on.

Oh, and remember when I said this is one of the most lessons I ever learned? I should say learned...and learned...and learned...and...
 jlynn1955
Msg: 31 (view)

To all you flakes out there
Posted: 3/29/2017 6:28:14 PM
You gotta roll with it.

I just got called an old, fat, cast off by a guy I didn't want to meet. (Boy, was my radar working or what?)
I told him yeah I am....and those are my good points. Just ask my ex.

You can't take this stuff seriously.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 32 (view)

Blew it, thanks Hormones
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:51:48 PM
Do not...I repeat do not try and contact him again. I understand wanting to, but it's pointless. Just move on.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 13 (view)

Weirdest POF Encounter
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:37:30 PM
Was living in a small town. The guy figured out what complex I lived in and showed up at the gate. We had only talked. Had not been out and he just showed up. Said he was going to be really busy with some town stuff for a couple weeks. Still, we kept in touch. At 10 or so the night he was really busy, he called and said he was done and on his way home....to an empty house. (I didn't take the bait). Asked what I was doing and when I said going to bed, he wanted to come give me a backrub. I said thanks, but not tonight. Said oh it won't take long. No, thanks. What are you? One of them lesbians?
Met a guy online through a mutual friend. He started sending me pics on my phone. He got engaged. Got married. Sent me a message he was going to be up my way and could he stay with me. Told him... I guess not! I asked him why he was going to be over my way because we live in different states, not close at all. He said, "Cause I have to have you at least once." Told him that wasn't happening and blocked him. Ugh.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 15 (view)

The My ex is a bigger control freak than yours... thread
Posted: 2/28/2017 11:03:29 PM
Oh my....so mant stories....so little time...
Told me I was deliberately holding the newspaper wrong so that he couldn't see my face.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 9 (view)

Profile review.
Posted: 2/26/2017 5:48:16 PM
The pictures are bad. For a 25 year old who is proud of all she has achieved, they come across as... I'm not sure. Very young. Very unprofessional. Very...well. I understand why you are getting sleazy remarks instead of the type of interest you say you'd prefer.

Your monologue is not good. It's too long and choppy. Also, it seems to have quite a few errors for a self proclaimed grammar Nazi.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 101 (view)

Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/26/2017 5:22:25 PM
Every person is different, thankfully. I wouldn't date someone I considered racist and broke up with one guy for using a racist word. But, supposedly there's a lid for every pot, so.
In the case you mention, I've seen some similar. I just think...Ohhhh-k. So glad I have a delete button and not waste more time. Maybe some think the same of me. I just move on.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 143 (view)

Why women wont date seperated men
Posted: 2/26/2017 5:16:31 PM
Separated is still married. I have always believed that and followed that rule. Except for once, which taught me there is a very good reason for that rule. It's just not a smart thing to to, for so many reasons.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 9 (view)

If I am not interested in dating you, I also don't want to be friends with you!
Posted: 2/26/2017 5:11:40 PM
I need to check my profile, cause I wouldn't mind being platonic friends. My whole life I've had guys I knew who were platonic friends. I still have a great many, but they live far away. And are married, so we wouldn't still hang out, anyway. I just don't know any where I live now.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 63 (view)

Dating in your 50's and 60's.
Posted: 2/26/2017 4:31:32 PM
Back in the dark ages before online dating, I placed an ad in the "personals". They were popular then. My long term bf and I were done. I was 40 and determined this would be the last New Years Eve I would spend alone.
I never lie in these things..what's the point? He's going to see I am short, squat, wear glasses, don't look like Barbie. I was brutally honest about myself. I got between 40 and 50 messages. I was so overwhelmed, I only went out with 2. One wasn't my type. The other was but we both were suddenly busy and then I met someone IRL.
The thing is, I've always been short. Glasses. Now chunky or more. There's always a reason why Not. Too short. Too heavy. Glasses. Too old. Etc. But I've found, at every time of my life there are those who don't care about those things. It's just harder to find them. I do better IRL because of my personality. I know..the ultimate turnoff..... But...there you go....or not.
I just got back from a Mardi Gras ball. I look horrid in the pics. Old. Fat(ter). Ugh. But, a guy I've known since high school saw a pic and thought I looked great. And I can tell he means it. There's hope. I just have to keep at it. Get out of my shell and apt. Back IRL. Not with him. He's married and we are SO not a match....but still.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 49 (view)

Blockgate
Posted: 2/23/2017 10:49:58 PM
Yes. He messaged me. I answered. We sent a few messages back and forth. Nothing racy. In fact, not really much of anything at all. Went to answer his message one day and he'd blocked me. It confused me because If he didn't want to talk to me anymore he didn't need to block me. I only answered his messages. If he'd stopped, so would I because I can take a hint.

Oh well, right?
 jlynn1955
Msg: 59 (view)

Dating someone slightly developmentally disabled
Posted: 2/23/2017 10:34:53 PM
I did date someone who was like this. I really didn't recognize it at first. Then I thought he was just a little slow. Eventually, I realized he couldn't read and that he had ADHD, and other problems. I found people to help him with some of the problems, but...well... I'm not sure if it was our personalities, his problems or our problems or what.....but....let's just say I refer to it as the relationship from hell and leave it at that.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2017 8:43:22 PM
I was thinking the other day about how many female friends I have that are around my age and single. Then I realized I know at least half a dozen men in the same age bracket who are also single. As far as I know, none of these people are dating or even looking. They don't live in the same towns though, so I can't fix them up...if they even wanted to.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2017 5:38:27 PM
^^^
Sure, but honesty forces me to tell you it's all buried in mud and mold since the flood in August. But you are more than welcome to have whatever you can dig out that the looters didn't take. :)
 jlynn1955
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2017 5:05:55 PM
I'm finding it harder than just a few years ago. What few messages I get are monosyllables. When I try to draw them out, I might get a whole sentence.
Maybe we don't care as much when we get older. Maybe we aren't as resilient. I don't know.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 106 (view)

Found dead, eaten by cats
Posted: 2/5/2017 4:47:45 PM
I wonder if we don't worry more about dying alone, then how long it takes for the body to be found. It is scary to think of the "I've fallen and can't get up" scenario where perhaps you can't get help and nobody realizes anything until it's too late.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 149 (view)

What Do You Do When You Can't Be With The One?
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:49:43 PM
I hate that "THE ONE" thing..or "MR. RIGHT". Ugh. And fairy tales are just that...tales. But, I know what you mean. The one who meant more than the others. The one that "got you". You won't find another love just like that. You will find another love that is fulfilling and meaningful in many more ways. Better in many ways. But I don't believe there are 2 loves or relationships that are just alike. For one thing, now YOU are different. Don't compare them. Life has changed and it will continue to do so. Change with it and move forward to see what opportunities are out there. Look ahead, not behind you. You'll get there.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 18 (view)

How can i stop beating myself to be fooled by an ex again?
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:37:51 PM
Been there. Done that. Done that. And..done that.

I don't know what to tell you. The ONLY thing that worked for me was to realize I was addicted. I stopped all communications. Blocked him on everything. He didn't know where I lived. Didn't have my phone number. Nothing. I also moved away. NO CONTACT. I started building a life and experiences that had nothing to do with him. I made new memories. It was hard...I mentioned being an addict, right? He was my crack cocaine. It got better. It took a long time, but it got better.

You can't let your guard down, ever. The situation with him is never going to get better. No matter what scenes you write in your head or heart, it won't be like that...ever. You just have to decide how much more time you are going to waste. If he tracks you down again, just tell him...you are done......and then BE DONE. This is all in your control. You just have to take control and do it. Sorry it's not easier.... :(
 jlynn1955
Msg: 12 (view)

Fiction and loneliness, a bitter sweet combo
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:25:53 PM
I know it's not any REAL help, and I'm getting you know this, but.....the current situation is temporary. Maybe you can't see the light at the end right now, but if you stay on track and don't sabotage yourself, you will get there. (I know. I should write sugary greeting cards) . I went back to college at 30. Living with my parents. Very small town. Knew nobody my age. Worked as a checked in a grocery store. The one thing that got me through the horrible Christmas season was....this is temporary. And it was.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 55 (view)

Girls.. Does this happen to you?
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:07:55 PM
It usually only happens to me in the initial message. "Hey, honey baby, sweety. Love that beautiful smile, etc, etc." So slimy and smarmy and. ..ewwww. AND I'm not smiling in the pic.

In that case it's usually a guy hitting on multiple women at the same time with the same line. I ignore cause...eww....

I have not noticed the men I do answer doing that until we know each other better and then it's ok with me...usually.though the "you crazy ___" was uncalled for!

jlynn1955
Msg: 37 (view)

Why be a Liar with your profile?
Posted: 2/4/2017 6:54:48 PM
Why do people lie IRL? It happens. It's aggravating, to say the least, but you can't change it. Better to just learn from it and move on.

I'm not exactly sure why you seem to be considered the bad guy here-YOU didn't lie. Yes, your name is.....well. And your profile isn't .....helpful if you are wanting to get women (though I DO understand). Personally, I wouldn't give a man my home address when we had never met and I do "coffee" for first meets. And I for sure wouldn't wait an hour...for anyone.....even though I'm not "all that". But, I bet you won't either, again. So, lesson learned, which is what life is...a continuing lesson.

SO, lose the anger and move on. You'll feel better for it.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 104 (view)

Found dead, eaten by cats
Posted: 2/3/2017 4:41:24 PM
I moved to a city where I didn't know anyone. Still don't know anyone outside of work. No kids. No family close. I kinda went off the grid. No telephone or cell phone. Then, there was a flood. Long story short, I now have a cell phone. People check up on me. I had to change my emergency contact to my siblings. Before the flood, it was the coroner..really. So, I might die alone...but it wouldn't be long before I'd be found....but, why would I care? I'm dead.

My mother had a fear of collapsing and not being found quickly enough. And that actually did happen though my dad was in the apartment. He didn't hear her and it was hours..
 jlynn1955
Msg: 13 (view)

Friends with an ex? Need advice
Posted: 2/1/2017 5:41:15 PM
As usual, Igor is right on the mark.

I know exes who are friends and I know exes who are one conversation away from being on a true crime show. It's usually best to stay away until you can be around him without feeling anything at all. It's hard to know when you will reach that point. You might never get there.

I think it's possible for one person to be addicted to another. In that case, you really need to have no contact and stay totally away from him.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 22 (view)

Changing stats on her profile?
Posted: 2/1/2017 5:31:26 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about her changing that status. A woman can say she has no interest at all in a relationship and just wants to have fun...but that could change..easily and quickly...if she meets someone and the chemistry is right. Same thing goes for a man.

You know the saying "you'll find someone when you aren't looking"? Sometimes it's true. So, ask her out. Just focus on gun and getting to k now each other. If you have fun, good. If you don't, move on. If she doesn't feel anything is there, move on. Going out on a few dates to see, isn't going to break your heart. Well, it shouldn't, unless you tend to get too attached too fast and then that's a whole nother thread.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 160 (view)

Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?
Posted: 2/1/2017 5:12:24 PM
What about men who have been on POF or years? Why don't you just move on to the next "hottie"?

I dunno, I'm not "hot", but I tried the streets, and the vice squad chased me off....
 jlynn1955
Msg: 31 (view)

Is this normal?!
Posted: 1/27/2017 5:31:23 PM
Some people don't fall in love as easily as others. Some people aren't sure what love is. I'd be more concerned about someone who falls in love quickly and often. In my experience, people who fall in love easily tend fall out of it the exact same way.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 18 (view)

Dealing with Just ask me as a Profile
Posted: 3/8/2015 6:49:19 PM
I skip those profiles.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 221 (view)

All aboard the poopiehead train. Choo ... choo ...
Posted: 3/3/2015 9:04:05 PM
Ah well. Obviously we have reached a point of no returning to the actual topic of this thread. Too bad cause it was much more interesting than the garbage......I'm going to go look for some grownups to talk to. Don't pee in the pool kiddies...oh hell...what do I care. I'm not swimming in it....pee in it as much as you want.....
 jlynn1955
Msg: 354 (view)

Depression and suicide
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:34:29 PM
Think of it and thought of it often. Been fighting clinical depression for a long time, but not because of loneliness. Tried it a couple times last year. Once was a really thought out plan. Not a spur of the moment kind of thing. Still cannot believe it didn't work. Not even close. Kind of pisses me off, too. Ah well....The best laid plans and all that....
 jlynn1955
Msg: 180 (view)

How Do you deal with loneliness?
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:27:02 PM
Inner Gorilla...that's interesting. I call it my self destruct button. I didnt know everybody had one. Mine works overtime now and then. I will definitely read that book...Thanks!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 203 (view)

How do sexually conservative people survive in dating?
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:18:45 PM
Yawn.....will someone please wake me up when people stop throwing what's in their diapers and we get back to the actual topic of this thread.....zzzzzzzzzzz
 jlynn1955
Msg: 14 (view)

BF wants to move in with me
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:10:04 PM
No. No. No. No....oh...and NO. Let's count the reasons why.

1. Only known each other 3 months.
2. You cannot afford it financially.
3. You dont get along all that well when you spend a lot of time together.
4. He is NOT your responsibility. Yes, you care about him...but repeat the beginning of #4. Make that your mantra. It's NOT heartless.
5. Not fair to you OR your children. Think of them. How will it affect them for you to have less money and to be in an environment of fighting?

I guarantee that if you let him move in, that it won't be long before you want him to leave. Where would he go then?THAT is where he should go now...
 jlynn1955
Msg: 115 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2015 4:25:18 PM
TGIF: I have a rule I follow (well, except when I forget)...DON'T FEED THE DRAGONS ......some people have to have the last word. Some people have to belittle and bait others....They are seeking attention...ANY kind of attention.....Don't feed the dragons.....
 jlynn1955
Msg: 29 (view)

How did you Heal your Broken Heart ?
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:25:47 PM
tgif, yes....I did....probably still do....I just dont let my thoughts go there...

The town we lived in is very small. When ever I did accidentally see him somewhere, it set me back... Plus...well....sometimes he'd call and ask to come over. I'd say no, but I was afraid he would catch me at a weak moment, you know?

I've actually made huge strides forward since I moved, though. I hated to do it.Dragged myself kicking and screaming the whole way, lolol. But, it's been 4 months. I've made more progress these 4 months than I did the 2 years before.

But...I still can't listen to music....

At any rate, it was the right decision for me. My friends were torn between thinking I was nuts and thinking I was brave...hahaha.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 148 (view)

How Do you deal with loneliness?
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:12:40 PM
How do I deal with loneliness? Not sure. I dont really feel lonely all that often. Did you know...you can feel more lonely in a crowd than when you are alone? I dont think I actually deal with it though, because I know it will pass.

I'm kind of a loner. Always have been. Read a lot. Always have. That keeps me from feeling lonely I guess.

Strangely enough, even though I do deal with major depression, loneliness is not usually a part of it. Odd, now that I think about it.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 87 (view)

pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:53:11 PM
I have responded to the no pic ones. There can be all kinds of reasons why a person doesnt have a pic. Yes, many of those reasons would be red flags...but not always.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 2 (view)

This or That Disappeared Since I Met You?
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:51:34 PM
Well, if a guy said that to me, it would certainly make me feel something and that something would be the desire to run far and fast in the other direction. Even if the guy thinks it's true, he's wrong. Being with any certain person does not cure depression or PTSD. I Cant say if they are giving you a line...but it's BS no matter why they are saying it. Surely you know that a person cant cure another person's emotional/mental problems.

I'm not a shrink and I dont play one on TV, but I wonder-if this has happened to you more than once, if some way or another you are throwing out a vibe of being a "fixer". Just a thought I dont know. I do know I would fall for it.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2015 6:43:58 PM
There have been numerous times when I could tell just in chatting online that the man's expectations about sex were WAY different from mine. I dont do casual sex. I just dont. Ok-well, there was that one fling but that was right after my divorce and I needed to know I was still desirable. It was a fling. The man knew that too. No harm no foul. Had a good time.

Still. I dont do casual sex. I dont let myself be guilted or talked in to it either. I've had this discussion a couple times with guys on POF. Once he/we realized that we were not in sync that way, we mutually wished each other good luck and went on our way. It's not been a problem.

But, I find myself wanting to change directions and find a different way to meet people.People whose beliefs are closer to mine. I'm still working on that.

AH! One guy asked me if I was one of them Lesbians...hahaha---I told him.. Yep! You caught me.......snicker....
 jlynn1955
Msg: 27 (view)

How did you Heal your Broken Heart ?
Posted: 2/28/2015 4:15:49 PM
Still working on it. I tried everything I knew....I finally quit my job and moved away from the very small town in which we lived. I could no longer bear the likelihood running in to him and #4 at the store, etc....small town you know?

Quit my job and moved a couple hundred miles away. I guess that seems excessive but it felt like the only way to truly get over him. And...it's working. I think it really is. I'm not saying everyone needs to do that but I did.

Change your habits. Go to places you and he never went to. Avoid places that you did go to with him...Make new memories with friends, etc...
 jlynn1955
Msg: 61 (view)

What was the best gift that you received from an SO/husband/date?
Posted: 2/28/2015 1:14:59 PM
crookcatcher...you are so right. I am often told that I don't express myself well...hahaha...In my defense this time, I was hampered by not being able to use um..certain words I felt would get me in trouble....

Seriously though, he was great during that time period. Seeing as how he has already cheated on #4 though, I'm starting to think freedom from his lies, etc. might have been the best gift...
 jlynn1955
Msg: 861 (view)

are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:57:09 PM
Literate Hiker....I loved your advice. Especially #4....I might buy a ticket to see that one. A guppy trying to swim with the sharks...
 jlynn1955
Msg: 859 (view)

are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:48:22 PM
wow. There is so much wrong with your post, I dont even know where to start.

If you are as insulting and condescending in messages and IRL as you are here, my biggest surprise is that you get any dates at all.

Women fussy? yes and no. Some are and some are not. Just like some of the men are and some are not.
Illusion that they are leagues better than what they really are (in your opinion that is). Yes, some are like that. So are some of the men.
Looking for Mr. Right? Some are and some are not. Just like some men are looking for MS. Right. Some are and some are not.

Still here months later? Yes. some are and some aren't. Same with men. Some have been here years and some have not.

I guess that answers your questions. Hope it was helpful....Oh, I'm not particularly attractive and I am overweight and way older than you, but not to worry. I wouldnt even chat with you, let alone go out with you. If that makes me "fussy"....so be it.

If you are having trouble getting dates, perhaps you should take an English class in night school or something. You'd get some much needed help with your writing and you might meet some nubile sex goddess who adores men that are insulting and condescending. Doubtful, but maybe.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 51 (view)

the truth when being rejected.
Posted: 2/27/2015 10:51:10 PM
Pretty sure it would piss me off for a man to tell me he's not interested because he thinks I'm too fat or ugly or stupid or whatever for his taste----even if I know that's what it is.

Saying "I dont think we are a match" or "there's no chemistry" , etc....allows the rejected person to save a little face-and that's important.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 43 (view)

Dating a deaf person...
Posted: 2/27/2015 10:44:56 PM
I think you are overgeneralizing. There are hearing women who would date a deaf man. You just have not come across any I suppose. Some women will be immediately turned off by your deafness and some won't. Being deaf probably makes your search harder, but not impossible.

As for it never going the other way.....my sibs and I are all hearing impaired. One of my brothers met a wonderful woman through a dating site. She is not hearing impaired. She went with him to sign language class. They got married last year. My other brother has been married to his wife for over 20 years. She is not hearing impaired.

You have no way of knowing that women are walking away because they don't think a deaf guy will be able to support them down the road.

I look at it this way: I am profoundly hearing impaired and I am open about it. If it's a problem for someone, then its HIS problem, not mine. If he doesnt want to get to know me because of it...that's fine. Some are not interested because of my weight. Others maybe because of my looks or whatever. If someone has a reason he isnt interested in getting to know me, that's fine. Why wouldnt it be fine? We each have our deal breakers. Let it go and move on....NEXT!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 56 (view)

What was the best gift that you received from an SO/husband/date?
Posted: 2/27/2015 10:15:11 PM
When my mother died suddenly, my dad went in to dementia right away. While I dealt with the stuff about my mother, my husband took care of my dad, keeping an eye on him, etc. This was huge because my dad was not a nice person and he was very difficult, but my husband was able to get him to behave when nobody else could. Over the next couple of years, he was a tremendous help to me in dealing with my dad.

Unfortunately, he then decided to lie to me and cheat on me, but.....even after he left me, he would still drop by the nursing home to see my dad. The night my dad died, the nursing home had trouble finding me so they called my ex. He found me and met me at the nursing home and insisted on staying with me until another relative showed up.

My sibs feel like what he did to me totally out weighs what he did during those couple of years. I don't feel that way. He was a rock. Nobody could have done more. I'm still grateful for that. Even if he is a lying cheating two timing jackass.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 67 (view)

Would you consider doing this?
Posted: 2/7/2015 7:39:38 PM
never anything on my phone for me to worry about. I have nothing to hide.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 174 (view)

Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 1/29/2015 5:04:56 PM
My husband cheated on me and is now my ex. He is married to her. How the hell do you think I feel about extramarital affairs? On the other hand, she is wife #4 and he has lied to and cheated on all of his wives...including her

Show ALL Forums