Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Apple iPhone
 adrisen
Msg: 20 (view)

Apple iPhone
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:01:03 PM
My brother purchased one the other day.

If you take in to consideration the actual cost of cell phone, the price is not that far fetched.

The retail price of sony ericsson MP3 phone is 450$ and it does not hold that many songs or have as much useability as the iphone. Now if you sign a contract for the phone you get it at a reduced price, if you cancel your contract you have to pay it out.

When you pruchase a phone from a company 90% of the time they come locked to a provider so even if yu sign a contract or not you are locked to a provider. IF you unlock a phone while still in warrenty, you void your warrenty. If you have problems with it you are screwed. so now you buy a new phone (ok where was I going with this)

Value wise the iphine is 600$ average phone price is retail $400+ 8 gig ipod is 239$ the ability to carry one item the best.

I can't wait til I gat my hands on one. They are not expected to come to Canada for at least a year to a year and a half and they can'y be unlocked becasue it has a built in sim card which sucks. Until then I drool on my brothers
 adrisen
Msg: 14 (view)

Own your own since 11 or living at home at 30
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:39:13 PM
I am 30 and live at home with my parents. There is no concerns with it. I went back to school and ound it too expensive to pay for my education and deal with living expenses.

Regardless being single it is very difficult to be on ones own. It is very expensive. There are too many financial responsibilites when living solo ans too many struggling to make ends meet.

I go to school, I go to work, if I am home great if not oh well. If someone has a concern that I live with family, then they are just not work my time. Many still wish they were in the sitution to be at home, they just wont admit it.
 adrisen
Msg: 54 (view)

Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 6/23/2007 4:58:12 PM
I was involved wih a guy who was about 5' or so. I never looked twice about it. Often I wore heals when we went out and it was never an issue that I towered over in heels. If one is secure about themself then I would not worry. Perhaps it is the women that has the confidence issue who can't see past the height. If that is the case then they are not worth our time to begin with. You will meet someone who wants to be with you becasue you are who you are. Great things can come in small packages.

Ashley

Show ALL Forums