Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Life is less and less worthwhile
 timeforall
Msg: 61 (view)

Life is less and less worthwhile
Posted: 8/16/2013 12:03:13 PM
None of us matter all that much dead or alive . . .except of course to the people we matter to. Life goes on no matter who passes and it doesn't matter to the person who is dead. The dead are in the same position they were in for the infinite amount of time that passed before they were born and the infinite amount of time that will pass after they are dead . . . except of course there is no time. Its all an illusion.

By the way, since I am now being moderated, and I am actually being compelled to write longer posts, it is time to say goodbye to all of my friends here. It doesn't really matter to me all that much, except I have always been against censorship. So my enemies here have won. See ya all . . . who knows who I will be. . . . .
 timeforall
Msg: 77 (view)

Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?
Posted: 8/16/2013 11:53:02 AM
The older we become, the more invisible we become. Go the funeral of a young person working in a large organization with lots of friends, and the place will be packed. Go to the funeral of the typical retired person, no matter what his status in his younger days, who has already outlived most of his/her good friends, and you will be lucky if you can fill the first few rolls of the Church. It is simply a fact of life that in our society, as we age, we not only become invisible, but we are considered more and more useless. Young People don't want to employ the aged except as walmart greeters, don't want to associate with the aged, want nothing to do with them. It starts at forty, gets worse at fifty and then gets exponentially worse as you reach your sixties and beyond. Our society is clearly a youth oriented society. What's really sad is that most younger people don't even know who the great actors of the day were. Paul Newman was just a guy who sold salad dressing, and his friend Robert Redford, an ugly, old guy who runs some sort of movie festival. That's the way it is and will always be in the U.S.
 timeforall
Msg: 78 (view)

What would you do, if you were a god?
Posted: 8/6/2013 2:37:43 PM
Paul, if Christianity dictates I will burn in hell if I reject Jesus, how the heck do I have free will to reject Jesus? If you point a gun at me and proclaim my money or my life, do I have free will to reject your demand for money given the consequences of doing so? So yea . . . by a strict definition we are given "free will". Only problem is we are punished for exercising that free will, which in effect means we have no free will at all. This is so obvious I am not sure how anybody from your faith can really dispute this.

Never mind, I see Demigod beat me to it.

Jesus was required to die, to act as a sacrifice, for the sins of other people.

Never understood this either. We all die. I've heard it said when Jesus died on the cross, he was merely having a bad weekend compared to what many others were going through at the time. So why is his death given special meaning? Other than it was ordained by God?
 timeforall
Msg: 179 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 8/5/2013 11:04:11 AM

No one with a reasonably decent knowledge of physics agrees with that statement.

Not true. Do the research. Not ALL physicists agree.
 timeforall
Msg: 177 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 8/5/2013 7:26:42 AM
Time is simply a manifestation of god's will so we can distingish past from future. But we are all in the now..there Is no time. It is an illusion.
 timeforall
Msg: 166 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 8/4/2013 12:52:03 PM
Come on guys. Only the very top mathematical minds in the world really have a conceptual understanding of this stuff. Are we really going to answer these questions on POF?
 timeforall
Msg: 186 (view)

What steps are you taking to manage/slow your aging?
Posted: 8/4/2013 10:46:45 AM
Vigorous exercise . . .exercise . . . exerciese.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/how-exercise-changes-fat-and-muscle-cells/?_r=0

http://www.edinformatics.com/news/exercise_and_aging.htm

http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/ExerciseFitness/17221

EXERCISE is the only true fountain of youth.
 timeforall
Msg: 58 (view)

Wouldn't it be better to just not have beliefs?
Posted: 8/1/2013 2:41:27 PM

Most people have begun the journey by ignoring the parts of the Holy Book that they feel don't apply, but resist it further because of the social penalty from friends and family.

I suppose that depends on where and with who you grew up. In my world, most people are probably more or less atheist anyway, and always have been.

Did date a girl once who as we were breaking up . . told me one of my faults was i did not believe in God. And to think there was a time I thought we might get married. Now she is a regular church goer. But she is the exception in my experience.
 timeforall
Msg: 151 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 7/30/2013 9:43:22 AM
Newsflash: Time may not exist:

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-no-time
 timeforall
Msg: 150 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 7/30/2013 9:02:16 AM
Einstein's quote: "Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us … know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”"

Good read: http://www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com/is-death-an-illusion-evidence-suggests-death-isnt-the-end/
 timeforall
Msg: 146 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 7/30/2013 6:05:48 AM
All a telescope sees is another now from the reference of the telescope's now. Einstein himself recognized that time is merely an illusion, and i will find his quote, but something to do with his not fearing death because his understanding of time was different then the way we perceive it. Einstein is not dead in his nows, only our nows.

And by the way, there are quantum experiments showing the future can actually influence the present. That could not happen if the future did not already exist in another now.
 timeforall
Msg: 113 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 7/29/2013 3:10:18 PM
Something else i would suggest to certain posters who rationalize and thus justify bashing posts is to learn the meaning of BREVITY. You don't have to use 100 words when fifty will suffice.
 timeforall
Msg: 109 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 7/28/2013 8:16:31 PM
Sorry lady. If you don't see the bashing by a poster starting a thread about "the scent of an older man", you are devoid of critical thinking ability. But there is good news. These skills can to some degee be developed, limited by intelligence of course. Try a few college philosophy course. They might help.

And when you take over ownership of this board, you can decide who will have the right to post here. Until then, you have no say in the matter.
 timeforall
Msg: 107 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 7/27/2013 5:03:05 AM
There you have it blackladu. Unequivocal proof that old people smell. Lol.
 timeforall
Msg: 127 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 7/26/2013 3:59:56 PM
There is no such thing as time. There is only the now that we experience. Each now, an infinite number of nows exist like snapshots. Every many who ever lived or ever will live lives in their now. There is effectively no past or future, merely the now you happen to be experiencing, all existing at the same time like the pages of a book.
 timeforall
Msg: 44 (view)

Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?
Posted: 7/26/2013 9:56:31 AM
Truth is that everybody is invisible, young or old, to those who matter to them . . which are people in their age group. Most people in this society are far too concerned about themselves to be all that interested in other people. Really, I don’t mean to pick on this particular poster . . but she is representative of many people here. She brags about her orgasms, demands a man meet her specifications in ability to hike and cook, and maybe after she interviews them she will give them a chance. She might be the extreme of course, but that is the way far too many people are. Its all about them. And thus, these people don’t notice anybody but themselves or people who might be noticing them. Women in particular never outgrow this “I am pretty oh so pretty” phenomenon they learn to believe at a young age when men actually paid attention to them. So what do we have in reality? People wrapped up in themselves and their own problems and desires and demands. If people learned to be more giving and less taking, they would spend less time on dating sites telling the world how wonderful they were and more time actually being with somebody and being noticed by the people who matter
 timeforall
Msg: 103 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 7/22/2013 5:08:23 PM
In the end, what people "think" has no relevance to the scientific facts. People on here think all sorts of things that have no basis in fact. These forums are great BUT the amount of garbage spewed forth is incredible to say the least.
 timeforall
Msg: 101 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 7/20/2013 12:09:55 PM

well I haven't read all the replies but I wanted to say I saw a show on TV where they conducted a test by blindfolding the participants and had them smell test subjects of various ages. There was no correlation to age. The study basically debunked the myth

Of course not. Again, a myth put on here by a woman who hates men, and perpetuated by women who hate men . . lots of those around here. Op is gone you will note. She couldn't find a guy under her alias, so she is here under another alias trying again and again and again. Guys need to avoid women like this like the plague. Latch on to one and you will ruin the rest of your life.
 timeforall
Msg: 165 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2013 2:33:03 PM
^^^ How about this. A little cardio exercise. That might help that "deep" breathing.

VVVV not when I exercise. Not when I hit intense thresholds.
 timeforall
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2013 12:38:22 PM
^^^^ yea, breathing is always a good thing to do if you want to stay healthy.
 timeforall
Msg: 179 (view)

angry profiles..would you date them?
Posted: 7/17/2013 11:27:01 AM
^^^not sure what an angry profile looks like, and I guess if it is obvious somebody is an angry person, they are a person to be avoided. That being said, I am not an angry person, and yet some people on these forums might think I was. I've even been accused of hating older women. Heck no. I'm married to one (well actually younger than myself, but old by young person standards) You just never really know about people until you meet and actually get to know them.
 timeforall
Msg: 44 (view)

On Panhandlers
Posted: 7/17/2013 8:44:28 AM
I just give them money. A dollar or a few dollars. no big deal. I have it. They need it. nobody is going to beg for money unless they are really hard up.
 timeforall
Msg: 42 (view)

Why do most men look twice their age after 50?
Posted: 7/15/2013 2:15:54 PM
In their fifties, people really start to age. The only way to counteract it is significant amounts of aerobic and anerobic exercise. Women who take care of themselves can still look good in their fifties, but unfortunately most women choose not to do so. Which is why they become so stocky. Still a lean woman at that age, if she can also maintain a pleasant personality (difficult for many women to have in their fifties) could be very desirable. But there is a reason older guys go for younger women.
 timeforall
Msg: 91 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 7/14/2013 11:52:02 AM
This was just another bash men thread. I'm not sure if all guys here see it for what it is, but there are quite a number of threads started by women who pretend to be writing something of substance or asking questions, when in fact all they are doing is bashing the male sex. Remember, many if not all of the women doing the bashing have been divorced . . and they have learned to despise men. A combination of an aging woman (defined as any woman over forty) and a divorce or two, with the difficulty of accepting that men are no longer drawn to them . . . results in bitterness, anger and hatred. That's why they start threads like this. That's why they brag about young guys being interested in them (never realizing those young guys are laughing at them behind their backs). That's why they take shots at guys whenever they can. We become their enemy because we reject them in favor of younger women or in favor of being with our guy friends. They can't accept they are no longer the light of our lives and they can no longer manipulate us to their hearts content with the allure of sex. In short, they have lost their power over us and it drives them crazy.
 timeforall
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2013 11:48:58 AM
^^^^ Right, but if you are going to comment on how guys look used up, isn't it appropriate to indicate how women look even more used up than guys of the same age, and speculate as to why? Maybe its having babies that do you in. Maybe its just your inherent DNA that makes you bitter as you leave your youth and beauty behind and become invisible. I suspect it may be a combination of both.
 timeforall
Msg: 120 (view)

Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?
Posted: 7/13/2013 10:25:36 AM

I know of one couple who met and married after meeting online. I think online is a great way to get back into the dating scene after a divorce or death. It's not the best but works. I like in real life better.

Agree. Online is so ubiquitous that it is likely a huge number of people are first meeting online.
 timeforall
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2013 10:18:50 AM
I don't know Jan, but can you tell me why so many women get so "thick" after fifty? Take a look at a twenty five year old woman. If she is athletic, she is lean and gorgeous, long and toned legs and arms, a mouthwatering midsection, a pleasant disposition. Than she gets to be fifty and what do we have? Many women who have not exercised in the last twenty years, flabby arms and in particular a thick midsection. I don't mean a belly like guys get, but overall just thick instead of lean. And then there is that overall contempt and bitterness that so many women your age show towards guys. Why is that?
 timeforall
Msg: 119 (view)

Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?
Posted: 7/13/2013 6:51:07 AM
But can he cook? Lol
 timeforall
Msg: 144 (view)

Posted: 7/5/2013 8:52:12 AM
Its totally irrelevant what she thinks or what it means to her. She is wrong about the FACTS. The facts are that living a healthy lifestyle is much more likely to increase quality of life than not living a healthy lifestyle. If people are physically healthy, they are more likely to be mentally healthy and more likely to be happy, etc. etc. etc. Its ridiculous for a "professional" in the field to infer lifestyle does not matter because we all die. That is a person who has given up on themselves and is trying to project their piss poor attitude to justify their own behavior..
 timeforall
Msg: 143 (view)

Posted: 7/5/2013 7:35:34 AM

All the supplements, healthy diets, and exercise is not going to save you in the end. Whether you're pear shaped, banana shaped, or out of shape, when your numbers up, it's up.

You are in the health industry and don't seem to get it. Of course we all succumb sooner or later. The goal though is to extend a person's period of health and delay disability. That can be done if people live well, eat right, exercise, etc. Of course some people will be taken out early no matter what they do. Accidents, cancer, heart . .etc., but that is no reason to have a fatalistic attitude that healthy living is not worthwhile.
 timeforall
Msg: 89 (view)

Embrace the Madness
Posted: 6/22/2013 8:32:43 AM
The problem with the clueless is that they are clueless to just how clueless they are. Those who think they know the truth fit into this category.
 timeforall
Msg: 52 (view)

Embrace the Madness
Posted: 6/17/2013 8:37:47 AM
Of course there is evidence of a divine being: The fact the Universe exists at all is overwhelming evidence . . especially because we are in it.

The Law of Thermodynamics is absolute proof of God. Since energy cannot be created, and yet it exists, it could only have been created outside the laws of physics by God Himself.

We've been over this before.
 timeforall
Msg: 40 (view)

In all honesty, how important is oral sex?
Posted: 6/10/2013 2:22:57 PM
Most of you are all pretty clueless about what women want. Its love folks. They want to be loved more than anything else. No matter how good your sexual skills, if you don't love them, or they don't respect you, your relationship is going to be a very short one . . . now this of course applies to women of a deep character who are actually capable of loving a guy beyond what he brings to the table in power, money or sexual ability. Same with us guys. A woman may be great giving head, but if you don't lover her or care for her, she will mean little to you in the long run.

Women need to remember that their sexual skills take second place to decency, warmth and depth. Too many of them do not realize this.

So show me a woman who says lack of oral skills is a deal breaker, and I will show you a women not worth a pitcher of warm spit.
 timeforall
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2013 1:43:45 PM

timeforall...that whole Michael Douglas lore has pretty much been debunked.
Are you seriously going to run around wondering if a bedroom activity with a committed partner is going to give you cancer many, many, many decades later? You could get hit by a bus crossing the street

It has not been debunked and it is completely irrelevant that something else, like an accident, might get you first. The evidence has been out there for a while. Oral sex with a woman suffering from a certain type of HPV (which she would never know of course) can lead to oral / throat cancer in the male a decade to decades later. If I were still a young man playing the field, as I once was, that would cause me some sort of circumspection before I had oral sex with just any woman (as opposed to a woman I loved). As it is, it has been 2.5 decades since I have not been monogamous, but my pre-mongamous period was time spent with lots of women, and it makes me wonder if I have something to look forward to in the relatively near future. And when you read these sites, it is absolutely, positively clear that most women, especially unattached women, are going out there where anything and everything goes. There is no way of knowing who is suffering from some sort of STD or not as oftentimes the person themselves are unaware, so I suppose anybody having sex out there on a regular basis with different people are probably gambling to some degree or another.
 timeforall
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2013 1:34:57 PM
The only effective anti-aging steps out there are exercise and proper eating. Sufficient aerobic and anaerobic exercise reduces chronological aging by as much as 12 years compared to the sedentary, as verified by measurements of telomeres on mitochondria. Intense interval training also naturally produces HGH, which helps keep people younger. Sun tan lotion protects the skin from aging of course, but does nothing for the body overall except, maybe, reducing the chance of skin cancer.
 timeforall
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 6/8/2013 2:21:00 PM
Its simply a matter or attraction. Some women no problem. Others big problem.

Of course there is another issue. Ask Michael Douglass about it. Oral Cancer.
 timeforall
Msg: 86 (view)

Approaching 50 and it's scaring the Crud outa me
Posted: 6/8/2013 2:01:37 PM

Age is just a number.

Why do people keep saying this when its simply not true. Age reflects the deteriorating state of your mind and body. When people accept this instead of ignoring it, they might actually try to do something to enhance their health, like eating well, not smoking or drinking to excess, and exercise. Keep yourself slim and fit and you will feel far younger than your contemporary, sedentary, overweight, gluttonous friend who has bad knees, lousy lungs, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, and a fatty liver.
 timeforall
Msg: 97 (view)

Am I wrong to expect old fashioned manners?
Posted: 6/5/2013 7:08:26 AM
If a person has not learned to be respectful and polite by their mid twenties, you will be able to teach them nothing. They are what they are. Low Class comes to mind.
 timeforall
Msg: 78 (view)

CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/4/2013 9:29:08 AM
This type of thread always appears on this site, but neither the responses nor the true facts ever change. According to many women, they prefer and have no problem dating much younger guys. The facts are however that much younger guys are rarely interested in a relationship with much older women. Older guys have a much easier time having relationships with much younger women than the other way around. The fact is that even fifty year old guys and older are often not physically attracted to many women their own age? Why is that? Because many women have allowed themselves to grow fat, or thick, or flabby or all three. An older woman with flabby arms or whatever is a real turnoff. An older woman with an attitude, and many of them have that, are an even bigger turn off. Nothing will change the fact that men are more attracted to youth and beauty in women, and that women are more attracted to power and authority and self confidence, which they usually find in older as opposed to younger men.
 timeforall
Msg: 12 (view)

Embrace the Madness
Posted: 5/20/2013 6:02:42 AM

I decry religion, psychics, ghosts, trickle down economics and other silliness for which there is no evidence

You provide no answers, but believe in nothing. Typical.
 timeforall
Msg: 23 (view)

latest case of Blasphemy and Freedom of Speech
Posted: 5/8/2013 6:27:16 PM
Don't know what you mean by freedom of speech is not absolute, but this statement
Meanwhile, we have to operate by the consensus of which parts should or shouldn't be regulated.
is evidence that you have no concept of what free speech means under our constitution or how it is interpreted by the courts.
 timeforall
Msg: 21 (view)

latest case of Blasphemy and Freedom of Speech
Posted: 5/8/2013 9:17:22 AM

Speech has never been totally free and never will be. Meanwhile, we have to operate by the consensus of which parts should or shouldn't be regulated.

LOL. I'm not going to argue with you. It is obvious you ain't no constitutional scholar.
 timeforall
Msg: 33 (view)

what is Time?
Posted: 5/6/2013 1:03:59 PM
Looks like the Universe, and Time, were created by Blackholes per a recent theory:

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/05/universes-evolve-inside-black-holes-new-theories-from-eso-and-oxford-.html
 timeforall
Msg: 85 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 5/2/2013 9:15:14 AM

At this point she sees them as a friend, someone she has trusted and confided in and for them to then turn the tables and show her it wasn't motivated by friendship but a desire to get her attention--it presents to the woman serious trust issues and then the woman no longer trust the guy and it has nothing to do with him being a NICE guy but him having his own agenda other than friendship

Some of the best relationships start out as friendships. If a woman feels as you say above, then she is simply fu**ed up. Any attractive woman is at risk of any guy wanting to have sex with her. Life is a baitch.
 timeforall
Msg: 68 (view)

The Bible and the courtroom
Posted: 4/27/2013 12:06:27 PM
Hey Brick, this is nothing but a f*****g message board. Who really gives a rat's rear end who is who, who does what or who says what? Why am I receiving email under your former ID? I don't know you and don't really care what your issues are with Igor or anybody else. The only people I care to hear from are pretty women. This place is for debate only. To give opinions. For example, I believe the precision in the Universe proves a greater power. JL things I am loony tunes. Hey that's the way it goes. That's what makes the world go round. You need to chill out or get on Prozac or something.
 timeforall
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2013 5:15:21 PM
^^^^^ i realize there are uneducated, stupid people in our country who don't know any better to think something like this, but when I have the unfortunate experience of meeting these people (I normally don't because I don't travel in their circles), I ask them if they were charged with a crime they did not commit, would they want the best defense possible?
 timeforall
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2013 12:39:19 PM
^^^^^^ The only way you can assist somebody from not being sued is by ensuring they do not do things that can get them sued., which means avoiding things that are subject to lawful causes of action. You can also set up layers of insulation, like corporations, to try to shield an an individual from being sued for their actions, but ultimately anybody can be sued for their personal wrongful actions.

A lawyer has no obligation to represent a party they don’t want to represent (absent a court order of course), but if he does represent a client, he owes that client his best
 timeforall
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2013 7:51:12 AM

What a good defense attorney is supposed to do, even for the real horrible people of the world, is to see to it that what justice is administered to them, is the right justice.

A defense lawyer's role is to zealously represent his client and to force the government to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Technically by the way, if the defendant tells the defense lawyer he is guilty, it would be unethical for the defense lawyer to place the defendant on the stand denying his guilt. In other words no lawyer can knowingly suborn perjury. But a defense lawyer must still, by all ethical standards, give his client the best defense by challenging the evidence against his client to the best of his ability, which of course does not include suborning perjury.

This stuff does happen in real life by the way. I remember years ago watching Larry King live interview a defense lawyer who had previously gotten a child molester acquitted of raping a young child. Later, that defendant was arrested for killing a very young child. It was national news. That lawyer had gone all out in the first case to get the molester acquitted, attacking the credibility of witnesses, etc. I'm sure most people saw this lawyer as the devil, but he was doing what he was charged to do by the ethical standards of his profession.
 timeforall
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2013 12:42:27 PM
But lawyers are exempt from this. they don't have to put their hands on anything, and they have swear to no man and no god.

You are about as clueless as they come. Lawyers do not TESTIFY as they are not WITNESSES. They simply present and argue the evidence as advocates for their cause. Thus, why would they "swear" to tell the truth? They do not take the witness stand.
 timeforall
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 4/17/2013 9:09:04 AM
^^^&^, no because the Judge WOULD NEVER ask a person to swear to God before a Jury in the first instance. That would be an automatic reversal of the case on appeal.

Most Jurors are grilled to understand that people have the right not to testify and they will not hold it against that person if he doesn't . . before they sit as jurors. Most jurors try to uphold their oaths and will not find a person guilty of a crime unless the prosecution has proven the case "beyond a reasonable doubt". Only those who do not care about justice or their own oaths would find a person guilty simply because they refused to testify.

Show ALL Forums