Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: fossicking
 AbbieF
Msg: 8 (view)

fossicking
Posted: 1/9/2015 3:26:07 PM
lol, I haven't even bought equipment, just going for a look see.
If I find an interesting or pretty rock it'll join my collection......regardless of how others value it....
The dead fish might actually be cool, so long as it is beyond stinking :P
 AbbieF
Msg: 112 (view)

LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 1/9/2015 12:40:58 AM
It's not so much about income as what people find acceptable. I live in a low socioeconomic area and spent time retraining to be employed in a profession that I love. Although my income has doubled,I still shop and live watching my pennies, I just have a few to spare nowadays.

People have judged me on where I live, the fact that I refuse to shop at the 'must have' stores as well as the possessions that I do or don't have. I know some guys wouldn't date me based upon the above, I probably wouldn't fit into their world if they expected a champagne girl - I am not her. I once dated a guy who wasn't working, it was difficult for both of us because he felt he had to earn his keep and I felt I had another body to support when it came to activities that he couldn't afford, it was a stress for both of us.

On the same token, despite income, I now would not date someone who wasn't on a similar fiscal level to myself - not so much earnings as position and perspective. If I am going to work to maintain my lifestyle I would expect to be in a relationship with someone in a similar position. I want to be able to converse and interact on similar levels whether that be scrubbing around a fishing hole or dining first class, to have the means and personal capabilities to do so, regardless of income.
 AbbieF
Msg: 6 (view)

fossicking
Posted: 1/9/2015 12:22:31 AM
Your finds are all inspiring :P I'm heading to Glen Innes next week to check out part of fossickers way - no plans will just look see when I get there. I hope to find more than dead fish and bongs.
 AbbieF
Msg: 19 (view)

Wheel of mis Fortune..... family court
Posted: 3/29/2009 5:33:06 PM

Family law experiences is where I got my sense of humour from. And my poverty.May it not do so unto you.

Just finalised settlement - solicitor received approximately 20% of my 'share'. I am happy with his invoice as I expected it to be around 33% . Would have prefered the money in my pocket but without his work I would most likely have had to pay other expenses and not received anything.

Like any other professional - choose who u want to work for you.
 AbbieF
Msg: 13 (view)

Lets Hear it for the Mistresses !!!
Posted: 3/10/2009 3:45:19 AM
Artylime1 I did not take personal offence, I see soooo many screwed up kids from a variety of backgrounds - even so called well off or normal families.

That is probably more my point - the more we label or cry poor for the kids in these situations the harder it will be for them in the long run.
As a society we should offer support and the tools to make life better rather than moaning about how bad things are. It would be fantastic to see more males in teaching/ care occuaptions - even one good male teacher in a school life can make a serious difference to a child.

Lorrainer - yea I dont think we will hear from anyone - they dont believe that there is anything wrong in what they do even if it involves a web of lies. I think it is akin to a fettish.
 AbbieF
Msg: 12 (view)

Lets Hear it for the Mistresses !!!
Posted: 3/9/2009 5:58:45 PM

It's just too sad for those kids that they are not the most important people in their Dad's eyes. The stigma of feeling like 2nd class citizens, and being poor as well.....

The kids feel this way because we as a society label them and introduce / reinforce the stigma perhaps not consciously but it happens all the same.

How am I qualified to comment? I found out that I was the 'other' actually one of many 'others'. I will not justify myself here aside from naievity and youth in what fast became an abusive situation. He lived with me in my home, I believed he worked 2 jobs - phone records proved otherwise. There was token financial support until I worked out that it just wasnt worth it.

I hope that the biggest notion I have instilled in my daughter is that she is not responsible for any one elses actions. There is no fault in her that caused him to behave this way - there were several other children treated in the same manner. We are not well off by any stretch of the imagination however we do not 'need' for anything. I believe that by getting up and getting on with life character is built - so it didnt end perfectly get on with living. In exchange for his absense she has stronger relationship with my father and brother - much better outcome.
So no I will never label or treat any child in this situation differently aside to reinforce that they are not responsible for the actions of others.
 AbbieF
Msg: 12 (view)

Wheel of mis Fortune..... family court
Posted: 3/5/2009 5:27:26 PM
The cost is heavy - and possibilities endless.

Job - I had to take time off when starting a new job also the stress affected my work.

Family - includes extended family, everyone suffers and our immediate family is constantly redefined.

Childrens lifestyle - children want to participate in activities that other parent wont support - ie: weekend sport, music other parent wont take child to activities.

Health - physically stress caused low immune I ended with almost every bug known to man. Mentally, everyone in my family was affected.

The system is very 'black and white' and doesnt consider everyones circumstances. I believe that there should be mandatory counselling for all family members when separation occurs, even if the ounly outcome of this is to record each persons position and state of being at the time. I didnt want to stop my ex seeing the kids but wanted to know that they were safe and comfortable with the arrangements we made. We made a fairly standard agreement during mediation that my daughter (not his biologically) wasn't able to conform to. Off we went to court and after my dissatisfaction with the solicitors during mediation and other processes I represented myself - one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I found being objective and removing emotions from the process helped immensely. He felt I won, I felt I did what I needed for my daughter.
I am still going through a financial settlement brought on by his inaction over the past seven years - I didnt want anything from him however as he wanted me to arrange settlement I went to a solicitor who advised me of some entitlement and to allay the solicitors fees I have gone ahead with it all. The cost - hours of time, stress that is felt by the kids as well, and a bill equivalent to about 1/3 of what I will receive. Could have been resolved a lot cheaper but his emotions causedhim to act terribly.

Solicitors cant be held completely responsible for their fees, we go to a doctor for medical needs and have to pay. The solicitor is supposed to be a professional and we pay for the service, there are avenues to take if you dont believe they have acted in your best interests.

We need/ deserve a better system with genuine rationalisation, not the current standard of 'the children have a RIGHT to know both parents and both parents have a 'responsibility' to the children' . Its not working - just look at the scars left on the inside of all concerned.
 AbbieF

Extreme Revenge
Posted: 2/27/2009 1:47:55 PM
Agreed Sandy ^^ - the best thing on my tv is the off button

My best revenge tho was sitting calm and quiet while he made an utter fool of himself ranting and raving in front of others - several times. I often wish I had opted for the shotgun method but the outcome would have been worse for me.

I saw the morning show OP mentioned and also their psychologist suggesting that the best form of revenge is one that is improving yourself or your life although a little of the 'dreaming' revenge senarios can also be healthy.
 AbbieF
Msg: 3 (view)

CSIRO Open Day 28th March 2009 Brisbane 10am
Posted: 2/20/2009 1:25:06 AM
Thankyou!

Kids will love it - one asked the other day what they did at the CSIRO. My explanation wasnt that interesting
 AbbieF
Msg: 5 (view)

E-Book - This is what books are coming to !!!
Posted: 2/7/2009 4:18:37 PM
Just talk to the kids - everything is electronic or its not worthwhile..................

I love books - shelf upon shelf in the house then boxes and boxes stored in the shed. If I had an extra room it would become a library.

On the other hand 'ebrary' online has saved my skin while studying - I am not ruled by opening hours and can find what I need in the comfort of home - pj's n all :)

Are books about to be revolutionized ? and how does this affect our prospects of running into the “One” while browsing on a Saturday evening in Borders ?

Happens at the library, I just get the freaks who 'need' to share their unfortunate life story - quite scary thought really!
 AbbieF

The Lying Game
Posted: 1/23/2009 5:15:58 PM
Does anyone saying they are going to commit suicide have the competancy to decide whether or not they need treatment?

Do you have a duty of care to intervene?

I called the police when one 'friend' on the phone threatened suicide and when another person told me he tried 3 times in ine night I said he hadnt tried hard enough......................... Its all in the context and hopefully you have enough of a handle on the situation to make the right judgement remembering that you are not responsible for the actions of others.
 AbbieF
Msg: 10 (view)

What is Christmas to you?
Posted: 12/25/2008 6:25:52 PM
What did I do December 25 this year..........................................
Cleaned the house, did some washing (only to be rained on), had a snooze then a freind visited for slap up dinner.

I didnt have my son this year so Christmas day is postponed until Sunday. We will gather at my parents place under the pretence that it is the 25th. Opening gifts, too much food, bon bons with silly hats that sweat themselves into place. Its a mindset - little difficult for my daughter this year as her friends all celebrated yesterday but all will be great and I can buy extra pressies (for me) during the sales
 AbbieF
Msg: 2 (view)

Should Families be ALLOWED to switch off Life Support ?
Posted: 11/17/2008 4:26:15 PM
I would like the choice - whether its for me or a loved one.

I believe its our own attachment to the person that makes it difficult to let go. Why should someone be kept alive to be just that 'alive' no life, no living, no thoughts - nothing.................... just a machine..........................

I would rather be gone and remembered for who I was rather than a body attached to a machine costing my family and society time and money.
 AbbieF

Do we attract people of the same level of attractiveness or style of appearance?
Posted: 11/11/2008 10:24:11 PM
I heard on the tele - reliable source :P that women who go with someone lower than their 'attractive' level can make it work but in the opposite it doesn't. I think it depends on the person and why we fall for that person.

Sometimes we try to change the persons dress etc. so it matches our expectations. Family example is that Dad always checks with Mum to make sure his clothes are up to her expectation for the occasion and of course colour coordinated Dad would wear stubbies n shirt almost everywhere.
 AbbieF

Champagne taste on a beer budget!
Posted: 11/10/2008 1:24:07 AM
I lived with a husband like that - he would continuosly spend with no thought for the consequences. From every day items to big purchases it was all on impulse and had to be the biggest and best. One of our downfalls because I dont like debt.
I have set myself manageable credit limits and if I cant afford something I save until I can. I buy the best I can afford and look after what I do have. My ex is now talking about having to go bankrupt to clear his debts despite quite a lot of equity in a house, he has the biggest of televisions tho.

It seems we are working to pay our debts instead of living...........
 AbbieF
Msg: 9 (view)

Marriage 2nd time around?
Posted: 11/7/2008 5:15:04 AM
NO

I didnt want to marry in the first place - I believe it's a religious / legal institution. I was happy to 'devote' to each other. We compromised and agreed upon a celebrant in a 'historic' non operational church and non traditional vows. The wole process felt like a stage performance to me and was glad when it was over. I resented spending money we didnt have just to perform a ritual so others would believe us to be happy and together.

Would much rather take some time out to go somewhere sepcial and private to declare and seal a true love.
 AbbieF

Suburbial Dating - does cheapness turn you away?
Posted: 11/7/2008 4:42:41 AM
Me personally - no

But there is a lot of it goes on and not just within relationships but work etc. In some circles when u mention that you live in a working class area people think you are not good enough or ambitious enough to be 'successful' or a suitable partner.
 AbbieF
Msg: 3 (view)

You Might as well face it your Addicted to.....................Another !
Posted: 11/7/2008 4:28:08 AM
I agree with Chem and would also add that sometimes the person is not actually addicted but just not strong enough (for whatever reason) to move on. Sometimes one is so ground down by 'that' person that he or she cannot accept themself as a worthwhile person who could survive without them.

To be told day in, day out that you are ugly, unworthy, lazy, terrible cook mum housekeeper and that no one else would have you has an impact. You love this person so why would they lie.........................................................................................

Sometimes its the feeling or sense of security that comes from being 'in love'.

Although I am happily alone, I was in a situation years ago where I was completely devoted to my man - it wasnt till the bad outweighed the good and I had a baby to think of that I found the strength to give him the heave ho. And to this day not a single soul knows the whole story.
 AbbieF
Msg: 33 (view)

cb radio, remeber when ???
Posted: 10/31/2008 4:11:50 PM
Thanks Sandy

There are s many places in Qld that dont have mobile reception. Heading 3 hrs west of Brissie I lose mobile for most of the trip. One place I stayed in the sticks had no phone,pc or mobile contact at all. 20k trip into town to make a phonecall
 AbbieF

How do YOU cope when your best mate dies............
Posted: 10/31/2008 3:37:20 PM
Brought a tear to my eye as I remembered all of our 'family' members that have past.

The most recent being our chook who I had to put down last year. She became part of the family for seven years. Her personality and funny ways were amazing - even the duck loved her. I spent ages with her before she went crying and remembering and mourned when she did go. I woke up to the sound of our duck quacking as he stood over her body. When I went out to the yard he poked her as if to tell me she had gone. We burried her that day in the yard all saying goodbye - even the duck oversaw our ceremony.

When we lost our budgies I burned candles where they were burried - symbolising the spirit leaving the body (to help the kids understand). The second one burnt all night long due to the type of candle - it was kind of funny and sad.

Allow yourself to grieve as you would for a human friend, remember the good and believe they were ready to move on.
 AbbieF
Msg: 27 (view)

cb radio, remeber when ???
Posted: 10/30/2008 7:53:35 PM
I remember being about 4 or 5 mucking around with Dads CB........ Was chatting up some burley footballer from Redcliffe and got sprung! Dont know who was more surprised Dad or the guy when he found out I was defiantely underage

We always had CB in the car while tavelling and have been thinking of getting one myself for long distance, just dont want the unit or big aerial obvious on the car.
 AbbieF
Msg: 14 (view)

Virtual criminals
Posted: 10/26/2008 3:27:21 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sad but true

That may just be the answer to why we're all herre and single
 AbbieF

Indoctrination - coming to a classroom near you!
Posted: 10/26/2008 3:23:30 AM
It's been happening for years. Not only teachers do this - some adults think they are authority and that children shouldn't question. How then do they become independant, thinking adults.

In school I listed a town that I had actually visited (tourist hat and all) and was told by the teacher that no such place existed.

In our day the crisis' were starvation in Africa (still not fixed despite at least 20 years of 40 hur famine etc), nuclear war and AIDs. There will always be something that either teachers or the government believe is 'just so'. Keep track of your childs learning, talk about your beliefs (schools must respect family beliefs) and voice your concerns and an appropriate and assertive manner.
 AbbieF

Virtual criminals
Posted: 10/25/2008 5:47:44 AM

Just curious Abbie. Did you mean literally?

I'm having a moment here - literally - well yes. Imagine trousers on ..... go out.......... walk walk......... oops they just fall apart...........................

sorry vindictive moment.......................................but would have been a laugh.........

Unless u meant liek trouser fly???
 AbbieF

Virtual criminals
Posted: 10/23/2008 7:46:25 PM
Oh no - am about to dob myself in
At the time I thought my actions to be hillarious now am a little embarrased especially after a good talking down from my big brother..............................................

Couple of years ago I met a guy online and we dated for a little while. He was a nice enough person but had some huge quirks (a freak) and drove me quite mad - he needed a Mother more than a g/f. Anyways quirks aside he began to glue himself to me, to the point he wanted me to take days off work to spend with him. He would turn up at my home before work, at lunchtime and then after work. I did the usual - I need my space and then was to the point saying - leave me alone, grow up and then perhaps call me.

He eventually got the message but had left some things at my house....................... We organized I would leave them outside for him to collect. Somehow some of the stitches were missing from the clothing when it was returned - in strategic places. Nothing huge but oh to be a fly on the wall

Despite that he continued to message me until I threatened him with the police.....
 AbbieF
Msg: 34 (view)

Classic Aussie Songs
Posted: 10/23/2008 5:55:44 AM

Runaway Train ~ Kasey Chambers
"We won't take money we won't take the long way around".......

I think Kasey has a few songs that reach true Australia.

' I'd love to have a beer with Kevin' is a goodie - I rmember my Nan singing it and Grandfather becoming quite upset that she wanted to have a beer with any other man
 AbbieF
Msg: 7 (view)

Don't Worry, Be Happy.......or at least Content !!!
Posted: 10/20/2008 4:25:23 AM
Both - I want it all!!

I dont see being content in life as just accepting 'whatever'. To me contentment is akin to satisfaction. I am content with my life at the moment, I am satisfied that all is as good as I can make it and is all moving along in the direction I would like.
At work if I am satisfied the I have done the best I can possibly do then I am content in my position. If I wasnt content or satisfied then I would do something about it.

Contentment makes it easier to be happy. If one is a generally happy person but not content with their lot in life it would be difficult for them to remain happy.

Satisfy your hunger and you are content and possibly happy - until you are hungry again................................................... In todays society we are programmed to want more - to keep up with the latest and greatest
 AbbieF

JUST A BIKER (but you didn't see me)
Posted: 10/20/2008 4:12:13 AM

I have found that car drivers are by far the most arrogant drivers on the road.

I think 'ignorant' is more likely - most people just dont realize that you cant stop a truck as quickly as you do a car. They dont realize trucks cant see you etc etc.

I'm not a big fan of bikes - but have found some truth in most of the comments about riders. The poem just points out tm me that we are all people just carving out a life.
 AbbieF
Msg: 24 (view)

Classic Aussie Songs
Posted: 10/16/2008 7:45:57 PM
Hey!
Yup ne of my faves. Most of the songs have some meaning or truth.
I have the best of album the bonus dvd is great explanations behind the lyrics.
 AbbieF
Msg: 22 (view)

Classic Aussie Songs
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:51:07 PM
Aussie Aussie Aussie

I love the traditional ones - And the band played Waltzing Matilda always brings a tear.
And the rock!

At the moment listening to the Whitlams - lots of people dont like them but the lyrics hit a spot for me.
 AbbieF

Bah Humbug ..... here comes Christmas!!!
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:45:24 PM
I enjoy Christmas with mixed feelings. I love the childish magic, hate the family rows, expectations whos place etc.

Since I separated we have 2 Chistamas Days on alternate years when my son is not with us for the actual day. This works for my family too as brother can spend the day with his partners family and my parents have a special day for themselves.

This year I will work Christmas Eve till 6 and am planning to volunteer time with the elderly on Christams Day - it's sad how suspicious some people are of our doing this. Two years ago I took a collection of gifts at work to give to people in a local nursing home and organized to perform some carols with my daughter on the day. Staff seemed unable to accept that I was giving my time as I could not spend the day with my whole family and for me thanks was the wonderful feeling of seeing my daughter intereracting with some lovely older people.

I have been shopping for it most of the year so hopefully I will be fotloose and fancy free by the 26th - ready to celebrate 'our' Christmas and a week off !! YAY !!
 AbbieF
Msg: 9 (view)

Pay it Forward
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:03:39 PM
Have given over ten years to volunteer work in various projects. Met some fantastic people and oportunities. Taking time out for personal goals.

Making a mark on the world.................... I work with children and my measure of success is that I may say or do something ( to or for anyone) that will stay with them forever helping them to achieve their fullest potential and live long and happily.
 AbbieF

Songs with strange meanings/lyrics
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:25:31 PM
Nothing wrong with the good ole 'chicken dance'

Anywhere Anytime is right for it
 AbbieF
Msg: 23 (view)

Uncle Kev
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:18:56 PM

yep - told my kids last month not to expect anything for xmas - and that is no joke. that's the way life is when you don't have excess $$$. they will live - i mean i would rather tell them that than put myself under excessive extra financial pressure and to spend money i don't have. but then I guess we each have our priorities - and mine aren't xmas presents.

Yup been there done that.
Single, work, kids, study - and manage to live within my means. We dont go without anything just dont have the latest of everything.

Agreed Brizguy also, but....... parenting is an important role - I dont agree with kids being put into childcare just so they can be given the latest and greatest - back to living within our means.

I dont know what I will receive or not and really dont care - its likely to be a bonus that I will squirrel away for education - new school year is looming just after Christmas.
 AbbieF

Do we get our Just Desserts ?
Posted: 10/12/2008 6:53:35 PM
That was huge! I skimmed some of it.
I believe we do get what we deserve - at some time or other.

Incentive to be good - I think that comes from within - conscience. Could you live with yourself if you were truely bad??

We choose our path by being passive and letting life take us on a journey or by making our own path through life, taking risks and getting what we want.

Kama not only happens in this life, its attached to your soul - so aparently you must be good in every life! hehehe Or be good at it
 AbbieF
Msg: 20 (view)

Eyes... windows, mirrors or cameras?
Posted: 10/12/2008 6:44:22 PM
I think eyes say soooooooo much more than words and sometimes actions.

And tell a whole lot more than we would often like - especially to those that know us
 AbbieF
Msg: 5 (view)

Fuzzies
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:28:28 AM

Fuzzies are lovely ~ you should give someone a warm & fuzzy everyday!

I do try.............. OH ahhh UMMMM you mean warm fuzzie words - right....................

AbbieF
Msg: 38 (view)

a womans touch
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:55:20 AM
Go GIRL

PMSL Only you Deb!!
 AbbieF
Msg: 1 (view)

Fuzzies
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:48:32 AM
Whats the nicest thing somone has said to or about you?

With all the heavy threads about lets remind ourselves that we are all wonderful people trying to forge our way in this life.

Soooooooooooooooo - Whats the nicest thing somone has said to or about you?

Here
Now
To your face
To someone esle
In the past
What would you like people to be saying about you

My most recent is a wonderful review from my 'big' boss.
To my face - My kids saying 'I love you' and not just when they want something
In the past - they called me a 'lady'

What I would like them to say - All the rumours are wonderful
Oh to hear my 13 yr old say 'Mum is cool'
 AbbieF
Msg: 36 (view)

a womans touch
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:35:45 AM
BAM !!

At the supermarket and u were ripped off by about $15

Ask a woman we knw how to shop
 AbbieF
Msg: 19 (view)

So , Are we Racist ?
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:15:17 AM

As for the Aboriginals - some are lovely. I jsut dont understand why they are entitled to anything more than a white person. Isn't that racism against white people?????????

Looks like that is a whole other debate. I guess I see the opposite to racism to be EQUALITY ...................................................................... Obviously quite uneducated.

I know what I have witnessed and have heard the other side of the 'glossy white man stories' - Its enough for me to hold my beliefs.
 AbbieF
Msg: 22 (view)

New child support assessments
Posted: 10/1/2008 4:30:27 AM

Now if she gets married to a guy who is earning more than enough for the two of them, she can arrange for most of her pay to go to a superannuation voluntary contribution. This could drop her CSA income to about $20k (even though she is investing $50k into her super). So since CSA doesn't consider the new partners income, I would then be paying child support based on her earning $20k, so my payments would go through the roof, keeping me poor and making her rich. This isn't for the kids, this is for her financial gain. I've checked with CSA and the tax office - this is legitimate, although there is talk of changing it next financial year.

Check up on this - if you believe the amount of the other parties income is incorrectly reflected you can apply for a review, this takes into account salary sacrifice and investments.

my belief is the money that comes for the welfare of the children has to guarantee the comfort of the custodial parents that is how the so called calculation apparently is done.

I have been told that child support is there to ensure that one party isnt living it up - especially with the kids while the residential parent struggles - and that it is seen to be fair that the residential parent has some 'treats' to.

I agree with the above posts- although the money does help, I am proud to say I am doing my best to give my kids the best I can.
I did it myyyyyyyyyy way lol or AAAlllll by myyyyselfffffffffffffffff..................
 AbbieF

What have You accomplished this Year
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:58:53 AM
Thanks Deb for reminding me the year is racing to a close!

I dont make resolutions but.......................

Didnt get to go on that holiday I wanted :(
Completed some study and finally made the move to do more.
In the process of resolving longterm disaster.
Kind of been a good girl - Oh that ones for Santa

divorce party upcoming
 AbbieF

why does this make no sense
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:54:11 AM
Mainey - how very very true - thankyou for saying that so perfectly ....................

AbbieF
Msg: 7 (view)

So , Are we Racist ?
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:47:57 AM
I am not racist - I hate everyone equally

I do not hold hatred or dislike of any particular race.

However I do believe that anyone migrating to any counrty needs to obey that countries laws, become a part of that countries culture while retaining their own culture and speak the language. We can tehn become a truely diverse multicultural country.

As for the Aboriginals - some are lovely. I jsut dont understand why they are entitled to anything more than a white person. Isn't that racism against white people?????????
 AbbieF
Msg: 21 (view)

New child support assessments
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:37:46 AM

my 2 cents worth..i think that the total cost for the children should be divided equally between the 2 parents and the earning capacity of either parent or their new partner should not be bought into it

How can your income or earning capacity not come into the decision of how much it costs to raise a child/en.

The CSA has decided that with our incomes it is going to cost about $5000 per year to raise my son. My is supposed to pay around $2600 of this under the new system - a drop from the old amount and centrelink is going to come to the party and pay me about $1000 more per year FTB (welfare society). He earns a lot more than me, has no other dependants and has refused to pay anything fro several months. He is required to pay just over half of the deemed $5000 figure.....................
I receive no support for my daughter.

This does NOT take into account that I have care of my son for 12 out of 14 days, even school holidays are worked in his favour - he gets four weeks per year so will only tak e the boy four holiday weeks per year. The system does NOT allow for the fact that I am obliged to educate and provide extra care and activities for the children during the week. On the weekend I choose what we do and how much I am prepared or able to spend. During the week I am expected to pay school fees, sport and excursion fees, camp, travel to and from school, uniforms books etc. And having my son for a majority of the time means I need a bigger house (as opposed to flat), vehicle, regular clothing and entertainment, care costs, etc etc etc.

In a perfect world the new system may work - a perfect world where both parents share duties equally. Unfortunately there is usually a reason why people divorce /split and this carries over into other areas - like care of the children.
 AbbieF
Msg: 8 (view)

Who is responsible for this ? How did it come to this ?
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:37:20 AM

It is our jobs as parents to teach our children that this kind of behavour is not the norm and not acceptable.

Unfortunately society is portraying it as the norm. Everywhere you go and just about everything you see. Even lewd words are aparently acceptable in everyday life now.
 AbbieF
Msg: 56 (view)

Psychics/Clairvoyants ~ cynic or believer??
Posted: 9/28/2008 4:10:11 AM
Today driving to bris from the sticks just 'knew' I would be stopped for RBT................ It happened - coincidence, im cooky or what. Wasnt the hot young cop I pictured but almost anything in uniform goes
 AbbieF

Who is responsible for this ? How did it come to this ?
Posted: 9/28/2008 3:59:05 AM
I believe there was a crime committed for thie child to become pregnant in the first place. It takes two to tango and the father of the baby should also be held accountable. On another side how does a parent not recognise the level of their childs intelect or personal responsibility.

It is a terrible outcome for all involved especially the baby, but do we risk the health of the 12 year old to allow a child to be born that is not really wanted. In a perfect world someone would take care of the baby and no one be any wiser - thats just not possible or wise.
Perhaps as a community we are all responsible - childhood innocence is a thing of the past.

Sorry Goddess I dont agree with this
Sex comes to children naturally

Yes its curiosity about bodies begins at a very young age (I've had to deal with two 2yr olds arguing over whos penis is bigger) but that is different to sexual feelings. We see the behaviour as sexual due to our own experiences - sexual experimentation begins when hormones kick in. In younger children its pure curiosity, comfort or the acting out of what the children have seen adults doing.
 AbbieF
Msg: 26 (view)

cologne drives me wild...Does smell matter?
Posted: 9/28/2008 3:31:01 AM
Not much for perfumes here, for girls or guys - aromatherapy oils yes - the right one has amazing affects. Must be clean smelling tho no ughy BO.

Best scent - fresh male sweat - must be fresh

Show ALL Forums