Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Unable to afford child support, any advice ????
 vondy300
Msg: 33 (view)

Unable to afford child support, any advice ????
Posted: 10/9/2012 10:22:12 PM
I understand that $400 a month really sucks, but I really don't fell sorry for you. First of all, your ex-husband did not get custody of your 2 children because he has more money to support them. He was granted custody because you did not go to the final custody hearing. If you were so worried about your children (which should be your absolute #1 concern) you would have made all the effort in the world to get to the final custody hearing NO MATTER WHAT. If you would have shown up, you would have gotten some sort of custody and HE would probably be paying you a large amount of child support and be in your financial situation worrying about making ends meet!!! Woman nowadays almost have to be dealing drugs out of their house or have committed murder to not get at least 50/50 custody of their children. Its almost sad to read your post because it almost seems like you weren't even worried about your children until your ex started getting $400 a month in child support which isn't much at all. I have a couple of friends that are paying $550 plus a month for ONE child and I would have been one of them if I hadn't gotten 50/50 custody. Its all about growing up and taking responsibility as a parent. That might mean working 1 or more jobs, not always getting everything you want because you just plain can't afford it, and always remembering that those 2 little children should be your #1 priority.

Anyways, what I'd do is work my butt off to get my life back together and I'd try to stay in my childrens lives as much as possible. You need to get as many jobs as it takes to make ends meet and save as much as possible so you can eventually get your own place. At that point, go back to court and re-open your custody & child support situation to get at least partial if not half custody of your children. That should either lower your payments significantly or you might be able to get support from your ex. Well, I hope you do get your life turned around and can be a significant factor in your childrens lives because your children do need a father and mother in their lives. Good luck.

Show ALL Forums