Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Who is the best Drummer in the world
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 107 (view)

Who is the best Drummer in the world
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:35:18 AM
Still the late Dave Browne of Taramis.. reference Queen of Thieves album online.
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 102 (view)

Who is the best Drummer in the world
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:51:45 AM
Some years ago I thought it was Dave Browne of Taramis. Apparently his father was a jazz drummer, which explained his interesting rythm changes in a musically complex & interesting local metal band at the time.

He unfortunately died early this year. Good news is, Taramis are playing a one-off benefit gig on Sat 20th June at East Brunswick Club Hotel, Melbourne

wotsnot2luv
Msg: 9 (view)

Four Corners: The code of silence POF POV
Posted: 5/13/2009 5:49:08 PM
Have you read Jill Singer's piece in the HeraldSun today? Have to say I agree wholeheartedly with her comments.
While I recognise the fact that the truth may never really be known about what happened while Matt was in the room, what disturbs me is that after the young woman trusted, & agreed to go there with 2 men only, the door was opened for the whole lot of them to come in, & she was left there.

Hopelessly outnumbered.

Grown men that dont understand the term "duty of care".

I dont care how much they achieve in their field, anyone who would put a young woman in a such a vulnerable situation, close the door & walk away.. to me it shows cowardice, selfishness, not just a deep disrespect of women, but a kind of disconnection from humanity in general. Same disconnection that allows some men to beat the pulp out of each other, or leave their mates lying face down or in a bath when blind drunk etc.

I once remarked "couldnt have sex with someone I dont respect".. (Platonic) friend replied, "for me its the other way around".. Astounding. Grown man with 2 young daughters. Thats why men around my own age dont interest me, generally speaking. I find the younger ones dont have that chauvinistic attitude, i.e. there's something wrong with a woman if she enjoys sex.

Spose I should add "sporting greats" on my "banned list"
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 59 (view)

Heat Wave - Victoria
Posted: 2/9/2009 3:14:19 PM
1.Tecnic, Hope your sister has been at home in Carnegie, as it's in the suburbs, far from the fires.

2. MOBILE PHONE PROVIDERS TAKE NOTE
Im thinking that apart from mobile phone towers in fire areas being damaged, those with phones would have left behind chargers, so that even with power, they cant charge their phones even to retrieve numbers... and of course, we allow phone manufacturers to persist in making chargers which can connect to one phone model only.. so if you lose one, you cant use a friend's charger unless they have the same model.

3. Hope the army get a hold of any looters in abandoned homes in fire stricken areas
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 69 (view)

So you talk to him for a month straight then POOF!!
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:10:03 PM
All of the above reasons, & you can add "computer died"

Im still amazed at the number of people that dont seem to realise that they're not the only fish in this pond.. Things (& people) move faster on the internet than in "real" life
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 39 (view)

Would you reject someone because of something in their profile?
Posted: 9/21/2008 8:10:24 PM
I think if theres a deal-breaker, better to get it over with rather than waste time in endless emails etc covering the safe stuff..

Was going to just write to OP & say "hope you get to resolve the headache problem".. but come to think of it, I 've had wasted time in email & chat myself with one such um... man... as described under "girlie stuff".. oh dear.. had no idea for a while there..

So yes, get it over with please! Tell us!

& OP, hope you find its less of a worry than you think - & you do get to meet some to whom it doesnt matter at all.. good luck & best wishes
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 45 (view)

Does sex get better after you hit 40?
Posted: 8/30/2008 3:28:28 AM
Also, it may depend on how old your partner is...

or, not!
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2008 3:23:43 AM
(quote) from Jaila123
(I wouldn't want to be having sex that old.
anyway, I think it's just a stereotype because there are plenty of women in their 40s and up who don't think sex is any better than if they were younger. many complain that their bodies are too worn out and tired, and they are sick of their partner to enjoy it anymore. many of these posters are lying or don't represent the majority because most people at 40 can barely bend over anymore so i can imagine what their sex life is like)

Thats funny, Jaila

Im still laughing at an older post re "cottage cheese arses" of "older" women..

Sheesh.. Im cryin!
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 8/3/2008 11:53:40 PM
(pass the torch to younger men. May their crone pleasing chores bring them happiness and good cheer.)

"Crone pleasing chores"?

Can't believe I'm reading this...

That's almost as bad as "Grab a granny"

46 is not so terrible...
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 10 (view)

Anyone With Vitiligo Here?
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:44:50 AM
P.s., cutting out foods is not a cure.
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 8/2/2008 4:43:12 AM
I dont agree with cutting out foods due to food sensitivity, but rather to fix the problem so that the patient no longer has the sensitivity. Can be surprisingly quick, & way cheaper than messing around with diets, special foods, supplements etc. Have experience in this & also the other stuff. Dont think that these forums are the place to blow my trumpet, & dont wish to get kicked off by doing so, so thats why I suggested direct email.

Thanks for reading.
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 99 (view)

How much does your vehicle say about you?
Posted: 8/1/2008 4:45:59 AM
Never really thought about it , but since the Mazda adverts are now blaring my profile name, and I do own a Mazda... I reckon they should supply me with a new one!

wotsnot2luv
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/1/2008 4:40:34 AM
Re: Vitiligo, psoriasis etc.. Billachick and missmilly1970 - email me directly if you like, & I will answer.
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 16 (view)

is 30 too old for 20 -25 year olds
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:18:23 AM
That's right, Lateef.

Everyone is different in personality, maturity & life experience. What matters more than the age difference, is whether your needs and expectations match at that time..
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 12 (view)

is 30 too old for 20 -25 year olds
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:03:54 PM

"Half your age, + 7..."

You may be right, Den
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 111 (view)

I was told I am a bad mother because I smoke marijuana.
Posted: 6/18/2008 12:03:09 AM
It's been long reported that the majority of psychiatric admissions are due to drug-induced psychosis. It's now accepted that cannabis use is a major cause of schizophrenia.. which doesn't go away when you stop using it, because of the permanent change in brain chemistry..
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 13 (view)

MBTI Types & Attraction: Is there a connection?
Posted: 3/3/2008 10:25:19 PM
oops, meant havent been found by one of those "action men" for a while..
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 12 (view)

MBTI Types & Attraction: Is there a connection?
Posted: 3/3/2008 10:22:15 PM
Hope I get my acronyms right here..

Have mentioned this in my profile - apparently Im ESTJ

Have found that on one hand the "action man" type (should be ISTP) think they're looking for a woman who is the same.. yet they seem to find me... & we get along well - always a distance problem though, bah!
Think I was married to one, now that I mention it..

Maybe thats cos I just let people be who they are? Give space?

Hasn't happened for a while though, too long!
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 159 (view)

Best songs for strength and for mourning/pain
Posted: 1/30/2008 3:41:55 PM
cd 2
Plastic Loveless Letter, by Magic Dirt
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 8 (view)

Athsma, C.O.P.D. Alternative treatments when medical help is not available....
Posted: 9/4/2007 3:31:15 AM
Steam, heat, hot drinks will help some, & actually worsen others.. thats often how we find the right homeopathic - by idiosyncratic reactions.. had a family here who moved to the seaside because their asthma lessened there.. Others will be better inland, & so on.. Some need to lie flat on their backs with arms outstretched, others on abdomen.

Ma Huang did not help me much.. thank goodness I was able to resolve the whole thing, & didnt have to persist with anything like that, as it can be dangerous.. think no longer available in this country.

Coffee was probably more effective, for me at least.. well, we are looking here for something freely available in emergencies.. hot towels & an open window?
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 4 (view)

Athsma, C.O.P.D. Alternative treatments when medical help is not available....
Posted: 8/10/2007 5:44:51 AM
What helps others may not help you... it all depends on the individual..

Having a vast knowledge of homeopathy, its the individual's differences that determine what helps in positioning, applying heat or cold, steam or dry air, seaside or mountains etc..

Thats why there are thousands of different homeopathics.. any one of them could be the right one for an individual, what ever the disease.. Having said that, before i stopped having asthma (was post pneumonia for about 10 years) which was successfully treated, I found strong hot coffee useful..

All the best
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 53 (view)

Chest Hair on yer men ladies....
Posted: 8/8/2007 5:10:53 PM
Well.. I've put my preferences in my profile (as you do..!), & I'm getting quite a bit of rather rude mail from guys who dont like my "shopping list".. mostly guys with no picture of themselves..

I can accept that I'm not everyone's cup-of-tea, pity these men can't..
And yes, there are men out there that fit the bill for me, (& they seem to like me).

P.s. I have ticked "dating", not "intimate encounters".. & these "men" (who knows who they really are?) with no picture ask if I shave/wax etc, sheesh! Why would I tell?

I say this cos I knew someone who used to go into chat rooms as a woman... when in fact, he was a very.. large.. GAY.. man..! Good lesson there! Dont know who you're talking to!

Show ALL Forums