Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Just want some tips on how to improve my page
 pollyanne
Msg: 4 (view)

Just want some tips on how to improve my page
Posted: 2/18/2009 11:01:46 AM
You have to smile. Loosen up and give a big smile. People like happy people. Maybe a side profile also
 pollyanne
Msg: 17 (view)

How can someone say they love you
Posted: 4/24/2007 2:08:06 PM
No 2 pathscrossing, I do not need to see a Therapist, I have a sharp mind and I am happy the way I am. I've had several men I dated wanted to marry me, but I felt nothing, they bought me jewelry, took me to fancy resturants, did everything a genteleman should do to court a woman, but I could not accept their invitation. Many of the young girls on here just want a man, I want company, a companion, someone to laugh with and joke and go places like Maui, Bahamas, but not to marry. I would be foolish to try and tell a man I loved him, when I do not feel it inside. No I never got excited at Christmas or other times. There are people like me out there that do not know what the word love means.
 pollyanne
Msg: 13 (view)

How can someone say they love you
Posted: 4/23/2007 10:55:45 PM
I can truthfully say I have never been in love and don't even know what it would feel like to be in love. I guess I was born with this cold feeling. I tolerate people and all the time I am sizing them up as to their mannerisms and what they are thinking and I have seen a lot of men in my profession as an RN but never seen a man yet that I could ever say I could love. What is love? I have no idea what it should feel like. Do not get me wrong I don't like women. I am pretty and intelligent, but Love I have never ever felt it or nor do I think I ever will. I go with men to eat and talk and have a good time dancing, but to love them and make them the center of my life, no never.
 pollyanne
Msg: 75 (view)

Anyone make a living from their art, or wish they could?
Posted: 3/16/2007 9:35:39 AM
Hi I make a modest living by selling my art. I paint in acrylic and do animals, which are always in demand. I try to figure out how an animal would appeal to the public and then paint them.. One I painted and sold immediately was a Nun leading 2 large Oxen with a cart through a field. first time it was shown, a man said I want that and never asked the price. I love painting Racoons, you can put such expression on their faces and they are beautiful, I have painted many racoons in different positions, always active, I think that is the trick to painting animals, you have to make them alive and not just stationary. I have a very large painting of a white cat, jumping at a vase and the vase is starting to tumble and everyone who comes into my home wants to buy the painting because it shows so much action.

I am no Robert Bateman as far as painting goes, but I supplument my income with my paintings. I do my own framing, which saves a great deal of money.
 pollyanne
Msg: 80 (view)

Party St. Patricks Day
Posted: 3/13/2007 8:01:20 AM
I will be attending the party. I am a little older than the people you show attending, I do hope there are gentlemen around 65 or older attending.

Pollyanne
 Pollyanne
Msg: 67 (view)

If you had your choice to travel tomorrow where would you go?
Posted: 7/3/2006 4:23:00 PM
I would go to Maui, I love it there so beautiful and peaceful, graceful waves lapping the shores, sky so beautiful at night and the sunsets are something no artist could paint.

Also I would go to the PBR Championship in Vegas on the last week of Oct.and 1st week of November I love bullriding.
 pollyanne
Msg: 26 (view)

Emotional Armor
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:52:50 PM
That was a very lengthy description of a person who is desperatly seeking another person in his life. Depression, rings loud and clear in the words. A very lonely individual, seeking the companionship of another by playing on their sympathy, sorry you will get none from me, what was said in a very lengthy letter could of been said in four words, I'm lonely, help me.
 pollyanne
Msg: 61 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:58:26 PM
Is there anyone in the Shenango Valley area out there looking for a good looking woman 5'2" blonde, petite, lots fun, wants to travel and just have fun.
 pollyanne
Msg: 36 (view)

Not all men are decieving
Posted: 4/29/2005 5:13:05 AM
Well when I talk with a guy I never give out my E mail, and I keep everything they write so I can compare if I ask the same question maybe two weeks later and get a diff answer then I know he's fibbing. I also look on the other webs you can click in free and see how many places he's listed, if he's listed in a lot of them I drop him, because he's just cruising and trying to find anyone who will talk with him and give him a line. I am very honest. I look exactly as I quoted myself and would not be afraid to meet anyone as far as them not recogonizing me, but only in a public place with many people around to protect myself and even then after a few visits your not sure, I check them out on Intelius or one of the networks to see if he really is his age and if he's married and if he does live where he's supposed to be living. A gal can't be too cautious in this day and age.
 pollyanne
Msg: 47 (view)

Who wants to write a story ? add one part to the story
Posted: 4/28/2005 8:06:52 AM
Absently minded touches the metal cudgel and out pops a genie a whisp of a man barely visible under the cloudiness of the haze that surrounds him, what is your wish Madam, he asks, get me out of here, there is madness all around all on accout of a song that was long ago, magically she was whisked off into the desert and left standing there, the intense heat was stiffling, "why did you put me here you dumb Genie, I have nothing to live on" touching the cudgel again he reappears, Yes Madam where would you like to go. Anyplace but here It's too hot, again she was whisked and landed on frozen ice surrounded by nothing, shivvering in the cold, she again muttered "You dumb genie I can't live in this cold, take me somewhere where there are people and food and water, so again she was whisked off and landed in the midst of a group of people the women covered from head to to and the men began shouting she is a woman and she is not covered, off with her head

Show ALL Forums