Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Yet Another Profile Review
 4utheworld
Msg: 2 (view)

Yet Another Profile Review
Posted: 3/29/2013 9:39:21 AM
I agreed with the message above. Way too many blurred people which makes it too distracting. Second picture looks like you just woke up. Get a better main profile picture in the current your hair is sticking up. Label your photos what's the deal with the fourth photo? Why are you dressed like that? Post pictures of yourself only and smile.
Why do you have link in First date? Write something.

Remember your goal is to attract women so you have to look your best.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Standard review, with the armor all please lol
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:46:52 PM
Your main profile picture is too dark. The last picture (mirror) is not your best angle.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 4 (view)

Review my profile please
Posted: 3/27/2013 8:20:02 PM
Start with an introductory paragraph. Who are you? Goals? What do you like to do? Hobbies? As for photos, you need at least a full body shot. The best photo is number three so consider making it your main profile photo. The other photos are of no good quality and not that vivid. You have a cute face so make sure you smile on all your photos.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Back on here, update my profile - does it look ok?
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:56:46 PM
Your profile is lengthy reduce it a bit. What type of man are you looking for? As for photos, you should upload better pics if you like photography that much. Why are you covering you left eye on several of your photos? Full body shots are not good because your face cannot be seen. Remove the photo of you with the friend she steals camera. Photo six is not good a restroom trashcan can be seen in background. Mirror photos are not good.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Lots of repeat viewers but few actual messages...HELP!
Posted: 3/25/2013 8:21:11 PM
Your profile is too long consider reducing it a bit. There are a few photos where you don't appear. Those should be removed and replaced with photos of you in nice outfits. The just a lil sun burnt photo should be your main profile picture. You have too many photos with sun glasses consider replacing those as well.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 10 (view)

Sending a wrong message?
Posted: 3/25/2013 9:36:42 AM
You photos are awesome but a lot of them belong in Facebook. Remember that your goal in POF is to find a man not to show off your physical endurance, upbeat personality...

Consider posting a few photos in nice or dressy outfits -more feminine. Shorten your profile and tone down the outdoor activities.

Write a paragraph in which you introduce yourself. Rather than a list of likes and dislikes.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

please help review.
Posted: 3/24/2013 12:31:36 PM
Write a couple of paragraphs describing yourself and the type person that you are seeking. Second pic looks better. The main profile picture does not look good.

Get rid of the following you are setting yourself for failure.

-please Dont message me if:
*your stuck up, rude or judgemental
*you have trampy pictures

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Need some help with my profile to make me stand out :)
Posted: 3/24/2013 12:20:19 PM
I noticed that you selected a few extra pounds in body type. Some guys may place you in the category that you are fat, since you don't have a full body shot. Therefor posting a full body shot will be a good idea as well as having pictures outdoors and with pretty outfits. Overall you have cute face and the profile looks nice.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 3 (view)

Between Friendly and Flirty ...
Posted: 3/21/2013 1:20:20 AM
Well asking so many trivial questions, gives the impression that you are interested and like the company. You want to keep the conversation going because you are having a great time with him. If you don't want to be romantically approached later on, don't "be running up a dozen different things to talk of or at least to not let the air go stale."
 4utheworld

What is wrong with my profile?
Posted: 3/20/2013 12:36:49 AM
Your pictures are too plain. Upload pictures in the outdoors, with dressy outfits and a full body shots. Be sure to SMILE! First paragraph is too negative sound like you have chip on your shoulder. Talk more about yourself your hobbies, music taste, aspirations... Get rid of the details about illness and death. Too much information.

If you are looking to play games or just looking for sex, then I am not the person for you…
…Although I love sex, who doesn't, I want more than just a quick hook-up. If all you are interested is sex, then look elsewhere.

Redundant.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

please review my profile
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:28:07 PM
The text seems fine. Correct “I wonder if its possible” (from possessive pronoun to the contraction of it is). Post more pictures.
Good Luck!
 4utheworld

I would appreciate a review
Posted: 3/19/2013 11:09:57 AM
For someone who has a degree in English, you have too many grammatical errors in your profile. This questions your credibility.

Consider removing the photo of you with your friends. They steal camera. The profile is about you not them.
Post better pictures and don’t forget to smile. Change your main profile photo.

Good luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 5 (view)

My profile is DEAD!!
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:52:11 AM
Your pictures are not very good angle wise. Post more pictures of yourself outdoors, dressed up and full body shots. Ask a friend to help you.

You need to describe yourself a little better. You have a couple of typos.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Lots of views, no messages...Profile help please!
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:09:33 PM
Post a few more picture of you by yourself. The pictures with friends have to go your friends steal camera. The knitting peculiar is peculiar up to you to keep it since it’s your hobby. You can post of to eight pictures so go outdoors, dress cute and sexy and take full body shots. Don’t forget to smile.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 6 (view)

Could I have some feedback please!
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:38:18 AM
Disregarding your marital status, you need to post better pictures and in different sceneries as mentioned above. Don’t tilt your head; don’t cross your arms; smile!

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 13 (view)

Why don't cool, nice looking guys message me?
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:34:24 AM
In my humble opinion, the second photo doesn’t make look feminine, and the hood photo is not good. Upload pictures with dressy outfits and full body shots make yourself pretty and sexy. You should appear in all your photos. Smile. Come on! You can upload up to eight photos.

Write a few short paragraphs describing yourself little bit better and what type of guy are you looking for.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Please take a look :D
Posted: 3/13/2013 12:20:42 PM
It seems quite long. You may want to reduce it to three paragraphs.
You don’t smile in your pictures.
Where are you in the fair picture?
Have a friend take you picture instead of mirror pictures.
The picture of you on the car does not clearly show your face

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Please review my profile
Posted: 3/13/2013 11:48:35 AM
Post more and better pictures

"But i find i am attracted" Capitalize the “I”

If you are looking for maturity, you should adjust age in email settings

Write in short paragraphs to be easily read.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

all comments welcome, be nice :)
Posted: 3/12/2013 3:17:30 PM
This is just being picky. Fist photo is a little blurry. Third photo is too grainy. Fifth and sixth are too bright if you have photo editor program you could reduce the brightness. Overall you have a good profile.
Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Please review my profile
Posted: 3/12/2013 2:44:02 PM
One photo of you with the horse will suffice. I can’t really tell that it’s you. I like photo number two. Photo number six does not look that interesting. Photo number three is more attractive than your main profile pic. The pink dress with the long sweater makes you look older. The picture with the nephew is Ok, but I personally don’t like to post pictures of children because of the perverts that lurk the internet. Remember this is a dating website, and you are here to attract the opposite sex not to show off the little ones.

You are missing a couple of apostrophes in I’m. You have a few misspelled words and typos.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 8 (view)

Please review and help...
Posted: 3/10/2013 10:36:35 PM
First, second and fifth photos have are blurry or dark. Your third photo should be the main profile picture. Capitalize your “I” as in first person singular. Don’t forget to add apostrophes as well.
Good luck!
 4utheworld

Afraid that I am too negative? Anyone that can help?
Posted: 3/10/2013 10:22:44 PM
Your profile is a bit lengthy. You should shrink it. You definitely need more interesting photos. Remove your pet’s pictures. Lose the sunglasses. Take some pictures outdoors, full body shots and in dressy outfits. Don’t forget to smile.

Good luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 9 (view)

Need Help ASAP (profile review)
Posted: 3/10/2013 10:57:53 AM
OMG! Post more pictures. You can go up to eight. Your current picture is not good for main profile pic (incognito?) from 2011. I agree with the previous post remove talking about the love for your family, daughter, being a good mother... Remember this is a dating website site and you are here to attract men. Tease me, entice me, show me sexy…
Good Luck!
 4utheworld

I need an outside opinion!
Posted: 3/10/2013 10:31:24 AM
Consider writing a paragraph about what type of woman are you looking for. Remove pictures 2, 3, 4 and 5 you are either not that visible or do not appear in them. Replace them with full body shots, in the outdoors or with nice dressy clothes. Don’t forget to smile.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

asking for opinions is scary - haha
Posted: 3/9/2013 9:05:16 PM
I couldn’t find anything awfully wrong, but you should post pictures where you smile. The third photo (with glasses) makes you look too old. The seventh photo is too grainy does not look good quality wise.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

please HELP :(
Posted: 3/9/2013 12:15:02 AM
You need to post better pictures of yourself: full body shots, dressy outfits and outdoors. Remove the photo of your pet. You are here to get a date not have your pet admired. The only not so bad pic is the drinking ice tea. Don’t forget to smile. No sunglasses either. Check your spelling in “First Date.”

Remember that you are here to attract men. Show me sexy and cute.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 6 (view)

Feedbacks on Dani's Profile pls
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:19:34 PM
A paragraph about what type of woman are you looking for. Post more pictures(outdoors, full body shot and dressed up) be sure to smile.
Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 10 (view)

Hello, POF isn't working for me. Is it my IP address?
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:56:06 AM
Assuming that you are using a windows system and Internet explorer. It could be the browser maybe your security settings are too high. Try lowering it to medium. Tools/Internet options/Security/Internet set it to Medium.

Perhaps you have some Internet security software/Antivirus that has flagged POF as an unsafe site. Most of these applications can be disabled for a few minutes or till next reboot. Disable and try to access POF.

You could reset your internet explorer settings by going Tools/Internet options/Advanced click on Reset button and get your Internet Explorer to default settings. Close Internet Explorer and try again.
 4utheworld
Msg: 7 (view)

Please look at my profile, advice needed
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:28:02 AM
Your photos are not good. You seem to have a pretty face so why the black and white and the yellowish opaque photos? The third one is ok but I cannot see your face that well. Post more colorful photos and with better resolution.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Serious Feedback
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:14:41 AM
Aside from shortening the writting part. Consider posting photos more vivid and colorful. Photos where you wear a nice outfit, go outdoors and take a full body shot. The photo that represents five generations is nice for Facebook. Here you want to entice the opposite sex –make yourself pretty and sexy.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

First attempt but I may have gone to far?
Posted: 3/6/2013 3:52:10 PM
Posting children’s pictures exposes them to perverts and predators. You never know who is watching.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Hmmm No dates?
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:05:11 AM
I did not see anything awfully wrong. You look nice but you can do a better job with your pictures. Here are some suggestions:
1) Make the second picture your main profile picture (you look prettier in that one).
2) The third photo (the makeup) is too bright does not seem like it is you.
3) The “out with the Girls” is a bit blurry.
4) Nice picture of Venice beach but where are you?
5) Seventh photo is not your best angle and too yellowish.
6) Write a little more about yourself and what you are looking in a relationship.

Also It could be the type of message that you are sending.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Help please
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:08:18 AM
You need to write a few of short paragraphs stating Who you are? What type of woman are you looking for? Describe your activities and hobbies.
Your pictures are not very good.
Remove:

I love my friends and they mean the world to me. A partner needs not only to be my lover, but also my best friend.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld
Msg: 9 (view)

What am I doing wrong?
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:41:03 PM
Perhaps you should write a paragraph about what type of man are you looking for. You have many pictures but they are of no good quality some are a little blurry. Get rid of the mirror photos. Post some full body shots, outdoors and dressy outfits. Show me sexy and don’t forget to smile.

Good luck.
 4utheworld

Can somebody give me some advice please??
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:27:31 PM
Your photos should have full body shots, outdoor pictures and in pretty outfits. Reveal your body type.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

What's happening?
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:35:28 PM
Here are some ideas:
Find a school of languages and enroll in an English second language course. You may find people in the same situation as yourself who are willing to date while practicing English.
You should change your profile to look for friends rather than dates perhaps you’ll find someone that is willing to tutor you. Remember that you are still legally married and have children in another country.
Your photos don’t seem to be appealing. Your profile has a lot of grammatical errors. Fix it.
Use the POF advanced search and search for people interested in learning Spanish and send them a message.
Remove the part of your profile where you “go to the gym …look and handsome…” It is weird.
I hope it helps.
Buena suerte!
 4utheworld

not really sure if I love him
Posted: 3/5/2013 12:37:38 PM
If you don’t love him anymore then you need to let him go for his sake and yours. Things could get complicated in a long run like pregnancy, illness or a marriage proposal. You have to think about your happiness.
 4utheworld

What's wrong with my profile?
Posted: 3/5/2013 12:28:05 AM
Why don’t you post a few more pictures? Perhaps some outdoor pictures, full body shots and portraits. Make sure you smile. “In the sunglasses” is not a very interesting picture.

Consider shortening your profile and add a paragraph just about what type of guy are you looking for?

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Should I leave for now?
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:30:00 PM
After a breakup it is normal to have feelings similar to yours. It is quite obvious that you need to vent. Try to go out and have fun. Take up a sport or a hobby. Go jogging. Some people write down, draw or paint what they are feeling as way of expressing themselves. You profile says that are looking for friends, but you wrote that you are looking for romance. This can be misleading.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Am I asking too much?
Posted: 3/4/2013 8:43:08 AM
Second and third picture are not that interesting. “You go first” gave you some good points.
Consider merging and shortening the first three paragraphs into one or two.

“I like all types of men, but I'm a HUGE sucker for tall, solid white guys with big, strong arms. “
This may discourage some guys from trying to contact you. I know it’s matter of taste, but you are not even white.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Give me some input please!
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:11:44 PM
You have a few capitalization, spelling and punctuation errors. Adjust the settings of your camera your photos are coming out too opaque. Use a photo editing softwareto fix the posted photos adjusting the saturation and contrast . “Newest Feb 1st 2013” or “2-19-2013” should be your main profile picture. The fourth photo is not your best angle.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Help me improve my profile please and thank you!
Posted: 3/3/2013 7:47:00 PM
You have a few typos: I dorn't care... appologize...alot. If you like post the pictures of your pets make sure you appear with them. Remember you are here to find someone and not to have your pets admired.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

No fish are biting
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:44:01 PM
Write what type of person are you looking for? Upload a few more pictures. The second picture is not your best angle.
Good Luck!
 4utheworld

Profile Critic Please
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:10:53 PM
You need to work on your profile at least write a paragraph and upload a few more pictures with better resolution and angles.
 4utheworld

Should i ask him out again?
Posted: 3/2/2013 7:27:18 PM
I would be flattered if a good looking lady like yourself would pursue me. Text him.
 4utheworld

Please let me know your thoughts!
Posted: 3/1/2013 5:55:12 PM
Consider making your last photo (the boats in the background) the main profile photo. The seventh photo is not your best angle you are frowning too much. The writing part seems ok.

Good Luck!
 4utheworld

pleasse review
Posted: 3/1/2013 5:43:34 PM
Your photos are very nice all with smiles. Just consider correcting some of capitalization and punctuation errors. Capital “I” for first person singular. I like the way that you introduced yourself as if you were talking to someone not like some dull résumé or long essay.
Good luck!
 4utheworld

Profile Review Please
Posted: 2/28/2013 12:54:11 AM
The written part is not the problem. Guys are more visual, so you should look into getting more vivid pictures with better resolution. Full body shots, some cleavage and dressy outfits. Make sure you smile on all the photos. Yes I read these are the best pictures that you have, but you are getting "zero responses."

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Need an opinion and suggestions
Posted: 2/25/2013 11:57:02 AM
Wow! I did not see that coming. :) I guess whatever works for you as long as you are honest and tell them about your situation.

Good luck!
 4utheworld

Anyone have a moment?
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:01:21 PM
1) Smiling photos and full body shots.
2) Remove the dog picture
3) Remove “vicious enemy.” It is too negative

Good luck!

Show ALL Forums