Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Record attempt reaps 217,000 texts, $26K phone bill.
 Draskinn
Msg: 3 (view)

Record attempt reaps 217,000 texts, $26K phone bill.
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:52:22 PM
Well that is lame, if they were using auto repeat then they did not break any record themselves they just let their phones brake the record for them, anyone fool can do that!

Sorry but that seems like cheating to me, if they want to set a record for texting then should really be doing it not just hitting repeat.

As for getting a Guinness World Record. You have to contact Guinness first before trying because they have very strict rules about how you set and brake records.

Not that I ever thought about trying to brake a Guinness record or anything… umm nope, not me it’s never, umm, crossed my mind. Nope.
 Draskinn
Msg: 59 (view)

Dog barking situation - is there a nice way to handle?
Posted: 4/22/2009 2:03:45 AM
OP clearly your neighbors are not willing to play soft ball and be reasonable. So it’s time for hard ball.

As others said Document, Document, Document.

Document every time you call the cops and animal control. Document every interaction with your neighbors over this.

Video tape the dogs barking, if they are really barking for an unreasonable amount of time video will prove that in court.

Yes I said court.

Because once this is all well documented its time to sue these people. They are decreasing your property value by making your backyard space unusable. Contact a real estate agent and get an idea of just how much money that yard space is worth then slap them with a civil suit for the loss.

They find out those dogs are going to cost them 20,000 or 30,000 dollars those pups will be finding a new home.

No point worrying about bad blood, it’s already there. And a lot less likely hood of retribution like slashed tires at 3am if they know you have a video cam and are willing to take things into a court room.

It probably won’t even go that far. Just getting served the papers may be enough to scare them into getting rid of the dogs.

Oh and don’t spray the dogs with water, that will only open you up to getting sued for harassing their animals. It is very bad advice and I’m surprised so many people have suggested it.

This has moved past peaceful resolution, time for a lawyer.
 Draskinn
Msg: 13 (view)

a young girl interest in a older male
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:44:16 PM
It’s always interesting to see the juxtaposition of the “cautious” people vs. the “caution to the wind” people in threads like this.

As a guy that is 31 I don’t think I could see myself having a real relationship with a 19 year old.

A fling sure, every guy has “that” fantasy. But then morning comes and you have to actually put up with this person!

LOL

And to think I set the low end of my searches on POF at 23 and think that is young!

Draskinn
Msg: 10 (view)

Is this just asking for trouble?
Posted: 12/7/2008 7:12:11 PM
I once heard it said

“It’s not the things we did, but the things we didn’t do we regret most in life”

And when I thought back over my life I realized it’s true, I don’t regret all the times I failed, I regret all the times I didn’t even try.

Go for it.
 Draskinn
Msg: 1 (view)

Current Events Not Showing On Forum List.
Posted: 9/19/2008 10:19:46 AM
Current Events Not Showing On Forum List.

Why is the current events section not showing on the forum list anymore? I had to link direct to get in here; the posts are dramatically dropping off that last two days by having this section of the forum hidden.

It’s a major news week and this section is dying off.
Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 Draskinn
Msg: 24 (view)

virginity for sale
Posted: 9/15/2008 7:46:29 PM

You should be able to

Rent it
Sell it
Drug it
Kill it

I could not disagree more! There is a reason they call it "civilized society." Perhaps if we still lived in the world of "Five Points" (as in "Gangs of New York") or one run by Atilla the Hun. In our civilized world, you and I have no such rights, and for that, I am grateful.

So you think a person should have no right to decide how they use their own body?

So if you had cancer and were in constant pain you would be ok with being told you can’t have a drug that would lessen your pain.

So if you are dying a slow agonizing death you shouldn’t have the right in a “civilized society” to end your own life?

So I can “give away” a kidney but it’s wrong if I “sell” one. Why? Giving one away is Nobile and "civilized" but if I wanted to be compensated for it oh now that uncivilized?

Why?

I think George Carlin summed it up best when he said

Selling is legal. F**king is legal. Why isn’t selling f**king legal? Why is it illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away? I can’t follow the logic of that at all.

Where does it end? Where do you draw the line on how much control you give the government over your body?

Today you can’t sell sex, a body part, put a given drug in your body, or end your own life. What wont you be able to do tomorrow?

How many more of your decisions that you make today for yourself are you willing to turn over to the government?

What gives some law maker a higher right to decide the fate of your body then YOU the person inside of it!
 Draskinn
Msg: 6 (view)

Pakistani solders given orders to kill US invaders.
Posted: 9/15/2008 4:30:41 PM

When journalists, believe that they are Global citizens and not American citizens, their loyalties are not for their home country. So, they will report even the most sensitive information, regardless of how it will affect the country. (at el: New York Times)

Actually as far as I can tell the American media is NOT reporting on this at all, check the links, I had to get this info from Australian and UK news sites.

The American government does not want the citizens to know about what is going on in the war, and the American media is for the most part complying. Why do you think they won’t let reporters cover the return of flag draped coffins and solders funerals even when the families tell the government they want them to!

As for their loyalties who should reporters be loyal to? The Government or the People? There is a difference. How can the people decide if they should support a war or not if they do not get the full story on what is going on?

Or should we just trust the “decider” and only listen to the American MSM’s spin?

At the end of the day a president is not a god or a king he is a Civil Servant an Employee of the People.

Think of America as a business, the President is just the hired manager, the People own the store. How can the owners make good long term decisions if the manager is cooking the books?

Pakistan may have a 600,000-man military, but it's never had the guts to go into its own mountains to flush out the terrorist and anti-government tribal strongholds. Yet at the same time, even when they were more friendly toward us than not, they refused to officially allow us in to look around for ourselves, insisting they can handle their own problems.

Sound like they are fighting them, you just have to look at news sources from out side the US to find out about it.

The beheaded bodies of two of nearly 40 police recruits abducted a week ago were found near the town of Hangu. Their discovery follows warnings that the recruits would be put to death, one by one, unless Pakistan stopped its big offensive in Bajaur.

The bodies of three local Bajaur men who had been shot in the neck were also found yesterday. Notes were attached declaring the men to have been spies.

In a day of what appears to have been unrelenting combat in Bajaur, helicopter gunships, heavy artillery and tanks were used to strike al-Qa'ida targets.

Officials said at least 100 militants had been killed, bringing the number who have died in the six weeks since the offensive was launched to well over 700. The figure is regarded as remarkable, given that NATO forces in Afghanistan seldom achieve a "kill" rate of more than about 30 in any single operation. Many of those killed are reported to have been "foreign fighters" - mostly Arabs and Central Asians, who have been flooding into Pakistan's tribal areas to join al-Qa'ida and the Taliban.

Ground troops are said to have moved into key areas formerly controlled by the militants, despite a promised ceasefire marking the holy month of Ramadan.

"We launched strikes against militant hideouts in Bajaur and destroyed several compounds they were using," an official was quoted as saying.

You have to remember too that the majority of the people in these tribal areas are still their countrymen. You can hardly fault a country for not wanting to start a full blown civil war to make the US happy.

Pakistan themselves are not pure when it comes to respecting borders. Just ask India, they are well experienced with Pakistan not only ignoring borders, but even cease fire agreements.

That doesn’t justify us doing it too.

Nietzsche said

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
 Draskinn

Pakistani solders given orders to kill US invaders.
Posted: 9/15/2008 7:00:47 AM
That horrible splattering sound you hear, that’s the sh*t hitting the fan.

Not only have they been given the orders, they have already fired warning shots to turn back an American cross border raid.

And now tribal leaders in Pakistani are saying if the American missile attacks don’t stop they will switch sides and cross the border to attack American troops in Afghanistan.

So can America handle a 3rd war? Could we even just handle a major escalation of the Afghan war if only the tribal section rather then the whole of Pakistani turns against us?

And are we forgetting Pakistani has nukes? They are no Russia (which we are also pissing off lately) so no ICBMs but their weapons could still be used locally like say in Afghanistan.

Guess we really got our moneys worth with that 12 billon we gave them too. America seems to have a long history of arming and training people who at some point down the road end up shooting at us.

First link is the article about the orders being given to fire on invading American troops and the reasons why. The article wonders a bit in the middle so when I quoted it here I put the parts relevant to this post in bold

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24336245-2703,00.html

Second link is the article about them actually firing warning shots to stop American troops crossing the border.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7396366.stm

Third link is about the tribal elders threatening to switch sides and counter attack.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/15/pakistan.usforeignpolicy

Pakistan order to kill US invaders

Bruce Loudon, South Asia correspondent | September 13, 2008

KEY corps commanders of Pakistan's 600,000-strong army issued orders last night to retaliate against "invading" US forces that enter the country to attack militant targets.

The move has plunged relations between Islamabad and Washington into deep crisis over how to deal with al-Qa'ida and the Taliban

What amounts to a dramatic order to "kill the invaders", as one senior officer put it last night, was disclosed after the commanders - who control the army's deployments at divisional level - met at their headquarters in the garrison city of Rawalpindi under the chairmanship of army chief and former ISI spy agency boss Ashfaq Kayani.

Leading English-language newspaper The News warned in an editorial that the US determination to attack targets inside Pakistan was likely to be "the best recruiting sergeant that the extremists ever had", with even "moderates" outraged by it.

The "retaliate and kill" order came amid reports of unprecedentedly fierce fighting in the Bajaur Agency of Pakistan's tribal areas, an al-Qa'ida stronghold frequently mentioned as the most likely lair of Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri.

At the same time, a series of brutal killings by the militants were reported.

The beheaded bodies of two of nearly 40 police recruits abducted a week ago were found near the town of Hangu. Their discovery follows warnings that the recruits would be put to death, one by one, unless Pakistan stopped its big offensive in Bajaur.

The bodies of three local Bajaur men who had been shot in the neck were also found yesterday. Notes were attached declaring the men to have been spies.

In a day of what appears to have been unrelenting combat in Bajaur, helicopter gunships, heavy artillery and tanks were used to strike al-Qa'ida targets.

Officials said at least 100 militants had been killed, bringing the number who have died in the six weeks since the offensive was launched to well over 700. The figure is regarded as remarkable, given that NATO forces in Afghanistan seldom achieve a "kill" rate of more than about 30 in any single operation. Many of those killed are reported to have been "foreign fighters" - mostly Arabs and Central Asians, who have been flooding into Pakistan's tribal areas to join al-Qa'ida and the Taliban.

Ground troops are said to have moved into key areas formerly controlled by the militants, despite a promised ceasefire marking the holy month of Ramadan.
"We launched strikes against militant hideouts in Bajaur and destroyed several compounds they were using," an official was quoted as saying.

The order to retaliate against incursions by "foreign troops", directed specifically at the 120,000 Pakistani soldiers deployed along the border with Afghanistan, follows US President George W. Bush's authorisation of US attacks in Pakistan.

Washington's determination to launch such attacks has caused outrage across Pakistan, with Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani last night strongly backing a warning by General Kayani that Pakistan would not allow its territorial integrity to be violated.
The "kill" order against invading forces, and the sharp deterioration in relations with the US, has far-reaching implications for the war on terror.

Anger at all levels in Pakistani society was summed up last night in The News, not normally sympathetic to the militants.

"There is an escalating sense of furious impotence among the ordinary people of Pakistan," the newspaper said.

"Many - perhaps most - of them are strongly opposed to the spread of Talibanisation and extremist influence across the country: people who might be described as 'moderates'.

"Many of them have no sympathy for the mullahs and their burning of girls' schools and their medieval mindset.

"But if you bomb a moderate sensibility often enough, it has a tendency to lose its sense of objectivity and to feel driven in the direction of extremism.

"If America bombs moderate sensibilities often enough, you may find that its actions are the best recruiting sergeant that the extremists ever had."

Pakistan soldiers 'confront US'

Page last updated at 10:45 GMT, Monday, 15 September 2008 11:45 UK

Pakistani troops have fired shots into the air to stop US troops crossing into the South Waziristan region of Pakistan, local officials say.

Reports say nine US helicopters landed on the Afghan side of the border and US troops then tried to cross the border.

South Waziristan is one of the main areas from which Islamist militants launch attacks into Afghanistan.

The incident comes amid growing anger in Pakistan over US attacks along the border region.

The confrontation began at around midnight, local people say.

They say seven US helicopter gunships and two troop-carrying Chinook helicopters landed in the Afghan province of Paktika near the Zohba mountain range.

US troops from the Chinooks then tried to cross the border. As they did so, Pakistani paramilitary soldiers at a checkpoint opened fire into the air and the US troops decided not to continue forward, local Pakistani officials say.

Reports say the firing lasted for several hours. Local people evacuated their homes and tribesmen took up defensive positions in the mountains.

The incident happened close to the town of Angoor Adda, some 30km (20 miles) from Wana, the main town of South Waziristan.

A Pakistani military spokesman in Islamabad confirmed that there was firing but denied that Pakistani troops were involved.

Diplomatic fury

It emerged last week that US President George W Bush has in recent months authorised military raids against militants inside Pakistan without prior approval from Islamabad.

There have been a number of missile attacks aimed at militants in Pakistan territory in recent weeks.

Pakistan reacted with diplomatic fury when US helicopters landed troops in South Waziristan on 3 September. It was the first ground assault by US troops in Pakistan.

Locals in the Musa Nikeh area said American soldiers attacked a target with gunfire and bombs, and said women and children were among some 20 civilians who died in the attack.

Pakistani tribal chiefs threaten to join Taliban

• US warned of uprising if armed incursions continue
• New counter-terror policy backfires on Washington

Saeed Shah in Islamabad
The Guardian, Monday September 15 2008

A controversial new US tactic to mount counter-terrorist operations inside Pakistan has met with fresh hostility, it emerged yesterday, as Pakistani tribesmen representing half a million people vowed to switch sides and join the Taliban if Washington does not stop cross-border attacks by its forces from Afghanistan.

Reacting to American missile attacks in north Waziristan last week, which followed an unprecedented cross-border ground assault earlier this month, tribal chiefs from the area called an emergency meeting on Saturday.

"If America doesn't stop attacks in tribal areas, we will prepare a lashkar [army] to attack US forces in Afghanistan," tribal chief Malik Nasrullah announced in Miran Shah, north Waziristan's largest city. "We will also seek support from the tribal elders in Afghanistan to fight jointly against America."

The development threatens to widen the conflict, with previously moderate people from Pakistan's tribal border region with Afghanistan in danger of joining Taliban militants based in the area. They have reacted furiously to intensified American missile attacks on targets in the tribal territory in recent weeks.

The issue is likely to feature in talks between Gordon Brown and Pakistan's new president, Asif Ali Zardari, this week. Zardari, who is on a private visit to Britain, is due to meet Brown tomorrow. The prime minister is likely to press for greater Pakistani action against militants in the tribal area and may go along with US calls to integrate the tribal territory into the conflict in Afghanistan as one theatre of war, an idea Pakistan will fiercely resist.

Zardari and Pakistan's prime minister, Yousaf Raza Gilani, said in a joint statement at the weekend: "The sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country should be respected at all cost." During the past month, there have been seven US missile strikes in the tribal area, about the same number as in the whole of last year. A US ground assault in south Waziristan provoked a sharp rebuke from the Pakistan army.

Washington believes that Taliban and al-Qaida militants fighting the western coalition in Afghanistan are using Pakistan's tribal area as a safe haven.

But Ayaz Wazir, a retired Pakistani diplomat who is a tribal chief from south Waziristan, warned: "If the Americans are coming to sort it out with force, they would create more enemies. The Americans might have supersonic jets and we might have to fight with stones in our hands, but we will stand up."

Up to now, only a tiny minority of the tribesmen have joined the Pakistani or Afghan Taliban movements, but incursions by the US could ignite the area.

The heightened US activity comes just as some Pakistani tribes have risen against the Taliban in the border areas of Dir and Bajaur. But hatred of America would far surpass any dislike for Islamic extremists.

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Links Removed

Draskinn
Msg: 9 (view)

virginity for sale
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:25:39 PM
Her body she should be able to do whatever she wants with it. Your body is the only thing you truly own. You should be able to

Rent it
Sell it
Drug it
Kill it

Any law that infringes on your property rights to your own body makes you a slave to the writer of the law since under said law your body is no longer your own.

And people think they are free.
 Draskinn
Msg: 31 (view)

Councilman Wants Birth Control for Pigeons
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:45:29 PM

EAT THEM!

Ugh!

Sky rat!

Sorry but no way you would ever convince anyone who has lived in NYC to eat those nasty things.

Ok maybe some of the homeless

I guess I could see shiping them north as feed for hog farms though. Hogs will eat anything.
 Draskinn
Msg: 29 (view)

Councilman Wants Birth Control for Pigeons
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:03:51 PM

A councilman has a unique solution to reducing the pigeon population at the Staten Island ferry terminals: Put them on birth control.

droppings they leave behind inside the terminals

Hey I’ve got an idea, how about putting some dang GLASS in the terminal windows.

I’ve ridden the Staten Island ferry before. The pigeons fly in and out of the terminal at will because there is no glass to stop them.

Pigeons on birth control, really someone kick this guy, hard.
 Draskinn

CNBC basically just said we are all F**KED.
Posted: 9/12/2008 6:28:12 PM
CNBC basically just said we are all F**KED.

When the MSM is talking about the collapse of the dollar and with it the US government, it may be time to start worrying.

Unless you were a Ron Paul supporter, in which case you were worrying about this months ago. Why do I get the feeling he will not get any joy from saying “I told you so”…

And to think a few years ago we all thought Social Security and Medicare, with there tens of trillions of dollars of entailments, that we have no way of paying, was going to be the thing that bankrupted this country.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26656750/

By CNBC.com | 11 Sep 2008 | 09:11 AM ET

The end result of the global economic slowdown may be the U.S. announcing national bankruptcy as the government cannot afford the bailouts that it promised and the market will not bail out the government, Martin Hennecke, senior manager of private clients at Tyche, told CNBC on Thursday.

"We expect a depression in the United States. We expect a depression, very possibly, also in Europe," Hennecke said on "Worldwide Exchange."

The estimated $300 billion cost of the Fannie/Freddie bailout will probably be considered as a loss that the government will have to take, therefore passing it on to taxpayers, he explained.

"We already have $3 trillion of debt, as far as the U.S. government is concerned. These debt figures across the U.S. economy are rising very sharply."

When the government can no longer pass the United States' "immense debt" on to taxpayers, it will turn to the holders of U.S. dollars, leading to the eventual downfall of the currency, Hennecke said.

"Definitely, it (the dollar) is not a safe place to be invested in, as real inflation is closer to 10 or 11 percent than the actual inflation numbers given by the U.S. government," Hennecke said on "Worldwide Exchange".

Investors should avoid exposure to debt and stay away from leveraging on any investment or asset, including property, Hennecke advised, adding that "banks have been too highly leveraged in the past, private households, everybody."

Hennecke's stock allocations are mainly Asian-based, especially in the Chinese market as the country's government has a large amount of cash and the macroeconomics are fundamentally strong.

He also suggested investing in gold, despite the recent fall in price.

And for fun, a bit more detailed explanation on how we are completely screwing ourselves.

http://mises.org/story/3104#

Don't Bail Them Out

Daily Article by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. | Posted on 9/10/2008

It was the singular achievement of Murray Rothbard's America's Great Depression to have demonstrated that the Great Depression was a crisis manufactured and prolonged by the attempts to stop an inevitable downturn. The policy response — creating more money, propping up prices, ginning up employment, and a host of other devices — took a stock-market price collapse and a banking liquidation and spread the mess throughout every sector of the economy. What might have lasted a year to 18 months instead lasted 16 years.

At the time, Ludwig von Mises tried to warn against intervention. See his Causes of the Economic Crisis. So did F.A. Hayek. See his Prices and Production. So did Lord Robbins. See his book The Great Depression.

And yet, that is not the conventional wisdom. The conventional wisdom is that the Depression was a natural disaster, a hurricane that swept through society that had to be fixed by the government. Another view, found in the work of the monetarists, is that it was caused by the failure of the government to create oceans of paper. This seems to be the view of Bernanke.

America is now imprisoned by these fallacious views of cause and effect. For this reason, we see virtual unanimity that the bailout (call it want you want: conservatorship, nationalization, socialization, whatever) of Freddie and Fannie must take place.

On the day following the nationalization, a day that will live in infamy, the Wall Street Journal editorialized against the Democrats and their reform efforts, but didn't actually oppose the bailout; instead it observed that we are all somehow "on the hook." The paper also published a piece by McCain/Palin which said that the bailout is "sadly necessary."

The New York Times called it "a reasonable and reassuring move." The Los Angeles Times wrote that the bailout was "inevitable," and complained that Freddie and Fannie should only help 20% and not half of borrowers. Steve Forbes in his magazine wrote that "drastic action" had to be taken because a default would "have triggered the worst financial meltdown since the Great Depression."

It's interesting, isn't it, that all these people believe that waving the magic money wand can make reality just go away. That incredible superstition seems to be the official position of the entire US establishment. And we like to flatter ourselves into believing that we live in an age without illusions!

As for those who should know better, Greg Mankiw, author of the leading economics textbook, writes that because "it was likely to happen eventually" it is "better to get on with it." The supposedly free-market economics blog Marginal Revolution warns that without the bailout, "most of the U.S. banking system would be insolvent," failing to point out that a system that needs a bailout with fiat money is already insolvent.

The Cato Institute agrees that the Treasury had to bail out the mortgage industry because it "was forced to do so," and since Fannie and Freddie are indeed "too big to fail." The Heritage Foundation agrees that it was a "necessary step" and a "vital move toward reform."

Sure, these people have plenty of recommendations about what should have been done in the past, and lots of ideas about what should be done in the future. As for the present, they are ready to propagandize for the largest socialist operation in American history. In all of these latter cases, we are looking not at a problem of economic education, but rather the lack of courage to stand up to the state when it is needed most.

Pretty much alone in both predicting the calamity and actually opposing the bailout are those who have learned from the Misesian tradition, people such as Nouriel Roubini of the RGE Monitor, investor Jim Rogers, and of course our own scholars such as Mark Thornton, George Reisman, Robert Blumen, and pretty much all of our adjunct scholars, who have said plainly and clearly that this is a dreadful error, one that will worsen the present meltdown. Of course Ron Paul was right all along, as the evidence proves.

Let us address this claim that not bailing out the system and not nationalizing the mortgage market would lead to a financial meltdown on the level of the Great Depression. It makes no sense to warn that we will repeat the past if we fail to do the things that actually made the past as bad as it was. The truth is exactly the opposite: to avoid another Depression-length downturn, we need to avoid the mistakes of the past, among which were the policies that attempted to keep failing firms and industries afloat in difficult economic times.

What should have happened in 1929 is precisely what should happen now. Let the price system prevail! The government should completely remove itself from the course of action and let the market reevaluate resource values. That means bankruptcies, yes. That means bank closures, yes. But these are part of the capitalistic system. They are part of the free-market economy. What is regrettable is not the readjustment process, but that the process was ever made necessary by the preceding interventions.

Let me state this very plainly: I do not believe for one second that if the government fails to nationalize Freddie and Fannie, the world as we know it will come to an end. Those who are saying so are trying to scare the population, the same as with every other major demand by the regime. It was the same with NAFTA, the WTO, the war on terror, the war on bird flu, the nationalization of airport security, and everything else.

If the government did nothing but sell off the assets of the mortgage giants, we do not know for sure what would happen, but the market has a way of finding value and readjusting. I would expect about 18 months of difficulties. Banks would fail just as many businesses in the free market fail every day. Housing prices would fall more, just as all market prices are subject to change. But the process of readjustment would be smooth and rational. Most importantly, we would all stop living a lie and believing an illusion.

Contrary to what the blogging heads say, there is nothing that makes this nationalization inevitable. We need to let the market handle the entire process, come what may. I guarantee that this solution is a better one than creating another trillion or so to bail out failing enterprises.

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Links Removed

Draskinn
Msg: 28 (view)

What form of government would Jesus be apart of?
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:36:05 PM
HWJR

How Would Jesus Rule?

I’m betting benevolent dictatorship…

No really, did anyone vote for God? See DICTATOR!

I’m so going to hell for that joke…
 Draskinn
Msg: 12 (view)

Federal Deficit Estimated at Near-Record $407B
Posted: 9/10/2008 10:29:40 AM

Then why don't we control the Iraqi oil?

Control is about more then just who owns the well.

What currency is Iraqi oil being traded in?

Dollars

What currency was Iraq planning to switch to just before we invaded?

Euros

What do you think would happen to the dollar if the world started to switch over to trading oil in Euros and all those nations around the world didn’t need huge dollar reserves anymore to pay for their oil and so started dumping those dollars on the open currency markets?

Control is about more then just who owns the well.
 Draskinn

Federal Deficit Estimated at Near-Record $407B
Posted: 9/10/2008 10:12:48 AM
People have to learn the truth.

The Republicans and the Democrats are just two wings on the same hawk and the tax payer? Oh the tax payer is the field mouse living it its shadow.

Both parties are screwing us. BOTH OF THEM!

Vote 3rd party.
 Draskinn
Msg: 8 (view)

Do you help out people with signs at the end of EXIT RAMPS begging for money?
Posted: 9/8/2008 2:02:25 PM
You know I used to give them money, and I don’t mean a dollar I’d hand out 10s and 20s some days.

Then I traveled outside the USA and saw what real f-ed up poor beggars look like.

Missing limbs
Missing eyes
Twisted legs
Sunken in sick hungry faces

I have not seen any pan handlers in the US to match what I saw in China begging in the streets.

I don’t feel sorry for the guys I see on our streets anymore, walking around on two perfectly good legs with two perfectly good arms that are clearly NOT starving.
 Draskinn
Msg: 14 (view)

Hadron Collider: Big Bang and Earth is bye-bye
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:36:30 AM
Now people really the world is not going to end when they turn this on. It’s going to end a few years later when the micro black holes they produce have had time to sink to the center of the earth and swallow enough of the magnetic core to collapse the magnetosphere and leaves us all to die of radiation exposure from the sun.

We will all be dead long before the black hole is big enough to swallow the burnt out lifeless ember that the earth will have become.

At least that is what some folks are afraid of.

I believe the matter that gets sucked into a black hole comes back out in the universe as new matter in what we call nebula's. The birth place of stars and new galaxies.

I’m not jumping on you, but it does NOT work that way.

The current understanding is that black holes radiate heat (the matter they suck in is converted to energy) and given enough time without being fed they simply evaporate, and the smaller they are the faster it happens.

So matter is not lost it is just converted to energy then slowly bleed back into the universe.

That’s the reason they think this will be safe. Even if they do create micro black holes they “shouldn’t” survive long enough to get to grow.

Oh course you never REALLY know till you try it… will see.

Just incase it’s been nice knowing you all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Hawking radiation

Main article: Hawking radiation

In 1974, Stephen Hawking showed that black holes are not entirely black but emit small amounts of thermal radiation.[25] He got this result by applying quantum field theory in a static black hole background. The result of his calculations is that a black hole should emit particles in a perfect black body spectrum. This effect has become known as Hawking radiation. Since Hawking's result many others have verified the effect through various methods.[26]

The temperature of the emitted black body spectrum is proportional to the surface gravity of the black hole. For a Schwarzschild black hole this is inversely proportional to the mass. Consequently, large black holes are very cold and emit very little radiation. A stellar black hole of 10 solar masses, for example, would have a Hawking temperature of several nanokelvin, much less than the 2.7K produced by the Cosmic Microwave Background. Micro black holes on the other hand could be quite bright producing high energy gamma rays.

Due to low Hawking temperature of stellar black holes, Hawking radiation has never been observed at any of the black hole candidates.

Evaporation

If Hawking's theory of black hole radiation is correct then black holes are expected to emit a thermal spectrum of radiation, and thereby lose mass, because according to the theory of relativity mass is just highly condensed energy (e = mc2).[25] Black holes will thus shrink and evaporate over time. The temperature of this spectrum (Hawking temperature) is proportional to the surface gravity of the black hole, which in turn is inversely proportional to the mass. Large black holes thus emit less radiation than small black holes.

A stellar black hole of 5 solar masses has a Hawking temperature of about 12 nanoKelvin. This is far less than the 2.7 K produced by the Cosmic microwave background. Stellar mass (and larger) black holes thus receive more mass from the CMB than they emit through Hawking radiation and will thus grow instead of shrink. In order to have a Hawking temperature larger than 2.7 K (and thus be able to evaporate) a black hole needs to be lighter than the Moon (and thus have diameter of less than a tenth of a millimeter).

On the other hand if a black hole is very small the radiation effects are expected to become very strong. Even a black hole that is heavy compared to a human would evaporate in an instant. A black hole the weight of a car (~ 10-24 m) would only take a nanosecond to evaporate, during which time it would briefly have a luminosity more than 200 times that of the sun. Lighter black holes are expected to evaporate even faster, for example a black hole of mass 1 TeV/c2 would take less than 10-88 seconds to evaporate completely. Of course, for such a small black hole quantum gravitation effects are expected to play an important role and could even —although current developments in quantum gravity do not indicate so— hypothetically make such a small black hole stable.

Apparently when they detonated the first A Bomb, there was some question
as to whether the chain reaction would keep on going!

Yes they also thought there was a very small chance that it could have ignited the atmosphere and killed all life on earth.

They set it off anyway!

I once read that entire civilizations have perished when experiments went wrong!

I believe it was Arthur C. Clarke that joked that all supernovas were really just industrial accidents of advanced civilizations!

My God,...why can't they just re-create the Atari 800...why can't they just leave the God stuff alone? It wasn't meant for us to know, anyway

And where shall we draw the “man is not meant to know” line?

There are religions that won’t even let you cut into a person’s body. No life saving surgery for you little Bobby, its not “gods” will.

Yeah right, let’s keep the invisible man in the sky out of this.
 Draskinn

A question to all the UNDECIDEDS
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:35:46 PM
I decided a while ago.

NETHER

The lesser of two evils is still EVIL.

If all the people in this country that are feed up and sick of the two party clones they toss us election after election would vote 3rd party real change would win by a landside.

Don’t Vote Republican Or Democrat!

Send the message your sick of the game and don’t want to play anymore.

Vote 3rd party!
 Draskinn

Pakistan and the Afghan Conflict
Posted: 9/6/2008 5:59:23 PM

How much more you want Pakistan to do? America should be greatful that Pakistan had given them its airspace and a land route to maintain the supply lines of Nato and American forces. What if Pakistan cut off all this cooperation?

Speak of the devil.

Seems they are getting a little tired us.

Corporate Media Refuses to Report Pakistan’s Blocking Major Fuel Route to NATO

Infowars
September 6, 2008

For the corporate media, the fact Pakistan has blocked a major fuel supply route for occupation forces in Afghanistan is a story not worthy of mention. Pakistan blocked the route after the U.S. once again violated Pakistan’s national sovereignty and killed more innocents in Pakistani territory.

Do a Google News search on “Pakistan fuel supply” and marvel at the result — a paltry return, mostly from new sources in Pakistan, India, Australia, and the Long War Journal in Medford, Massachusetts.

In the United States, this is a non-story.

“Sources said the federal government did not cite any reason for the move, but the decision was apparently taken in the wake of the US ground and missile attacks in North and South Waziristan tribal regions,” reports Dawn. “The US-led forces have intensified assaults in the tribal region over the past few days and five attacks, including the ground assault in Angoor Adda, have been launched, killing over 50 people, including foreign and local militants and civilians… The Torkham highway, linking Peshawar with Kabul and northern parts of Afghanistan and Central Asian states, is a major supply route for the International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) in the war-ravaged country.”

It looks like Pakistan is playing hardball with the neocons, at least in the short term.

So will the neocons bomb Islamabad next?
 Draskinn

BARR HAS WON TEXAS!
Posted: 8/27/2008 8:22:28 PM
BARR HAS WON TEXAS!

LOL

Yep that’s right Bob Barr has won Texas by default!

It seems both McCain and Obama missed the filing dead lines for Texas. That’s kind of a big screw up.

http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/08/27/mccain-and-obama-miss-filing-deadline-in-texas/

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/general/2008gensbs.shtml

Ok laughing aside, best I can tell this is legit.

McCain and Obama miss filing deadline in Texas

August 27th, 2008 by Jason Pye

Richard Winger’s Ballot Access News reports that Democrats and Republicans have missed the August 26th deadline to place a presidential candidate on the ballot in Texas. According to the Texas Secretary of State website, Bob Barr and Wayne Allyn Root are the only candidates for president and vice-president that will appear on the ballot in the Lone Star State.

Winger writes:
Section 192.031 of the Texas election code says that political parties must certify their presidential and vice-presidential candidates for the November ballot no later than 70 days before the general election. It says, “A political party is entitled to have the names of its nominees for president and vice-president placed on the ballot if before 5 p.m. of the 70th day before presidential election day, the party’s state chair signs and delivers to the secretary of state a written certification of the name’s of the party’s nominees for president and vice-president.”
[...]

At 2:30 pm Texas time, August 27, Kim Kizer of the Texas Secretary of State’s elections division says neither major party’s certification has been received in the Elections Division. The Executive Office of the Secretary of State refers all questions back to the Elections Division.

This year, neither the Democratic Party nor the Republican Party obeyed this law.
In a press release sent from Bob Barr 2008, Russ Verney said, “Unless the state of Texas violates their own election laws, Congressman Barr will be the only presidential candidate on the ballot,” adding that “Texas law makes no exceptions for missing deadlines.”

We’ll be paying attention to this situation.
 Draskinn

Councils spy on sex lives of taxpayers
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:34:36 PM

What the hell, that’s all I could think when I read this is “what the hell”.

I keep reading about the things the British government is doing to its people and it just blows my mind that a supposedly free people would put up with this.

Checking up on how many nights a week your lover spends the night
CCTV everywhere
Trash cops looking in the garbage
Random metal detector sites just set up on the street

It just goes on and on the British Isles is turning into a damn prison camp.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4596959.ece

August 24, 2008

The sex lives of council-tax payers are being secretly monitored by local authority inspectors to establish whether residents claiming single person’s discounts are really living alone.

Undercover snoopers are being used to find out how often lovers visit and whether supposedly single residents are sharing a bed every night with the same person.

The covert tactics have been condemned as disproportionate use of council powers. Methods include inspectors parking discreetly outside homes to monitor lovers’ movements and observe whether the same person leaves the house in the morning and returns at night. They also check on how often lovers’ cars are parked outside houses and even whether women are sleeping with their landlords.

A surveillance dossier used by the Labour-run Rotherham council shows permission has been given to inspectors to use “drive-past surveillance”, sweeping round and round the block for a glimpse of lovers staying overnight.

Local authorities have adopted the techniques after the government urged them to carry out “spot checks” on properties where a single-person council-tax discount is claimed. Councils are also demanding that householders give access to their bedrooms in return for the single-person discount. Inspectors can use the searches to check bedrooms for evidence of live-in lovers not disclosed to the authorities.

Claimants of a 25% discount for single people in Thurrock, Essex, have to sign a form authorising “the council or its agents to make inquiries to corroborate this claim” and “inspect the property”.

The Conservatives have accused Labour of wanting to check people’s bedrooms for underwear and creating a “surveillance state where spying on citizens becomes the norm”. They said it was wrong for people to be spied on and interrogated about their sex lives to qualify for discounts.

“Councils will naturally wish to ensure council-tax discounts and benefits are not wrongly claimed, but I am concerned that innocent citizens will be spied on through heavy-handed and disproportionate use of town-hall snoopers,” said Eric Pickles, the Tory local government spokesman.

“There are far less intrusive and more cost-effective ways of vetting council tax than paying town-hall officials to camp overnight outside people’s homes.”

Rotherham council said its covert operations were legal and that “the intrusiveness of the surveillance is kept to a minimum, only doing the least amount necessary to obtain the information required”.

The Department of Communities and Local Government said: “Everyone would agree councils should take measures to ensure those people who claim the single-person discount on their council tax are eligible to do so. It is up to individual councils to appropriately use the powers that they have to do this.”
 Draskinn

FEMA Phones Hacked..
Posted: 8/24/2008 11:16:53 AM
LOL

your tax dollars at work...

oh wait thats not really funny.

Draskinn

Conseravtive Tax Cuts for Married Couples
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:18:54 PM

I don't care who's paying the bill when the brown out rolls in and the grid goes down because of overuse. government issue.

Umm no.

If a company can’t produce its product in sufficient amounts to meet customer demand then the company needs to ether make more product, in this case electricity, or up the price to cut demand.

The government is interfering in the free market, that is not a good thing it destroys the natural forces of supply and demand that move the market forward.

If the government limits the amount of power we can use how will we ever move forward to better power producing technology? If there is no pressure for the power company’s to produce more they will not upgrade since their will be no profit in it.

actually marriage is a civic issue.

It is now, but it started as a religious issue and should have stayed one. I can see how it got moved into the civic realm, but this in my view was a mistake, it should have been recognized in civic matters only as a legal contract between two parties.

The government shouldn’t be in the business of recognizing or not recognizing a religious rite. At least then we could stop having to listen to all this debate about marriage from political candidates.

Hopefully though, these couples won't get married just to get the tax cut.

Unfortunately that is just what is starting to happen. People are getting married not for love but for the legal benefits. I watched a news report just a month or two ago about people getting married just to get the heath benefits from the other persons job!
 Draskinn
Msg: 37 (view)

New Canadian TV porn channel
Posted: 8/23/2008 9:41:59 PM

I would suggest that those who feel there is no harm caused by porn look a little deeper into the subject. Let's begin with the given that most of the women involved in porn are using it to support a drug habit

Cite your source. Let’s see some numbers to back up that blanket statement please.

Hardly an assumption - most women in the sex trades - what a disgusting euphimism, btw - use their bodies to support a drug habit.

And its sounds like you are lumping in legal porn stars with illegal prostitutes.

Or are you suggesting that the Canadian government won’t be bothering to check if the productions hitting the air waves are legal content?

We are not talking about back room, selling out of someone’s trunk in a parking lot porn but TV porn. The goverment regulates that kind of thing.

I don't know of a whole lot of people who support sucking and f**ng two, three, four, or more people in a half hour

Never heard of swinger’s aye?

I’m not a swinger myself but I used to know a girl that was, she was kinky as hell but that hardly made her a bad person.
 Draskinn
Msg: 7 (view)

Conseravtive Tax Cuts for Married Couples
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:53:34 AM
Ok

A. Marriage is a religious matter and the government shouldn’t have anything to do with it to start with.

B. It’s these kinds of distractions that let governments get away with murder.

It’s like the doctor waving a lollypop in front of a child’s face with their left hand well giving them a shot with the right. It’s a distraction to keep you looking the other way well they rob you blind and take away your freedoms.

We have to put up with the same garbage over here in the states.

Well if you consider the economics of single life the sheer extra demand for living space alone is causing scarcity and doubling the demand for energy.
Heating/airconditioning alone is outrageous and the doubling of all contents is a waste.

If you follow that kind of thinking then the government should mandate that I get a roommate since living alone is so wasteful, heck why not two or three.

Where does it stop?

Its like NYC just passed a law saying shops with AC cant leave there doors open. Well who the hell is paying the power bill the shop or the f-ing city? Next thing you know they will be telling them how many light blubs they can use, oh wait they are already trying to pass federal light blub laws!

Get out of my house! I hate intrusive government.

Draskinn
Msg: 21 (view)

New Canadian TV porn channel
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:22:47 AM
Ok this is funny, and anyone that thinks it’s not needs to get the stick out of their ass.

Yeah and I hate the “hallmark channel” Little House on the Prairie is just creepy, and how much Touched by an Angle does someone have to watch before they blow their brains out, but you don’t see me writing letters to get it taken off the air.

To each his own, if they don’t like it they don’t have to watch it. They don’t want the kids to watch it? Well that’s what the parental control options are there for.

As for the 50% Canadian content… oh there is so a Canadian Bacon joke burred in there someplace…

He said that the CRTC and the cable companies give preferential treatment to lucrative porn broadcasters, but short shrift to religious programming.

And since when is religion the opposite of porn? I’d love to see that one on the SATs.

Religion is to porn as blank is to blank?

I can just see some government guy on the set checking to make sure the maple syrup is from Canadian and not Maine. lol

(What like you’ve never done it... Stop looking at me like that!)
 Draskinn

Bush widens the Cold War... Provocations against Russia...
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:26:32 PM
Wasn’t England dragged into WWII because of their “defense pack” with Poland? This is all seeming very familiar.

But then why would anyone want to start a war…

(cough war profiteers cough…)
 Draskinn
Msg: 5 (view)

not every wrong, or even every violation of the law, is a crime.
Posted: 8/22/2008 11:56:39 AM
Do these people want an armed rebellion?

Really I mean it, is that what they are trying to drive us to? How much longer do they think they can keep this kind of criminal bull going before people start to load their guns and seek redress the old fashioned way.

Draskinn

leave when they want to
Posted: 8/20/2008 8:35:24 PM

but they is no different between USA invading Iraq. then Russia invading Georgia.

Actually there is a HUGE difference.

Georgia actually attacked the Russians. The Georgia army killed Russian peacekeepers and South Ossetia civilians in a sneak attack.

The Russian counter attack on Georgia was justified, if only the USA could say the same for the preemptive attack on Iraq.
 Draskinn
Msg: 2 (view)

McCain supports the draft
Posted: 8/20/2008 7:57:30 PM
A draft is slavery.

A draft says the government owns you, your body, your very life, they tell you were to go, what to do and who to kill. Anyone who is drafted is a slave.

Any slaver that comes to my door for me or those I care for will be shot dead.
 Draskinn

North Texas school district will let teachers carry guns
Posted: 8/15/2008 3:40:57 PM
Teachers packing heat.

Yet another reason to home school your children…
 Draskinn

Fox news did it again... (Ted Stevens)
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:15:10 AM
LOL

Yep that’s good old Fox... go to YouTube and you can find a bunch of vids of them doing that.

Once can be a simple mistake.

Twice is incompetence.

Three times? That’s deliberate.

And they just keep on doing it. Maybe we should all complain to the FCC, I normally don’t like the FCC but every now and then they can be useful.

Draskinn

Russians Not to Blame for Attacks??
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:01:31 PM
So if Georgia didn't start this dont you think its odd that Russia would be thinking of going after their President for war crimes?

http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/29005

August 14, 2008, 16:14

Saakashvili may be put on trial in Russia, say prosecutors

Russian investigators have launched a criminal case on charges of genocide in connection with the events in South Ossetia. Russia’s Interfax news agency reports that the Russian General Prosecutor's Office has said Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili may also be put on trial.

Igor Komissarov, deputy chairman of the Prosecutor’s Investigation Committee, said it had "initiated a genocide probe based on reports of actions committed by Georgian troops aimed at murdering Russian citizens, ethnic Ossetians, living in South Ossetia."

According to the latest figures, about 1,600 residents and 74 Russian peacekeepers have been killed as a result of Georgia’s attack on South Ossetia.

Speaking at a joint media briefing with French President Nicholas Sarkozy, President Medvedev said double standards are inadmissible when evaluating the actions of politicians who are guilty of mass killings of civilians.

“The situation when one, who committed thousands of crimes, is characterised as a terrorist, and another as a president of a sovereign state, is very strange,” he said.

Meanwhile, Marina Gridneva, a spokesperson for the General Prosecutor's Office, told Interfax that Russian law allows for foreign citizens to be brought to trial if they have committed a crime against Russia’s interests.

She said that evidence of murder, following the attack of Georgian troops in South Ossetia, may be used as a basis for future charges against Saakashvili.

Aleksandr Torshin, Vice Speaker of the Russian Federation Council, said that Saakashvili and his closest allies must answer for their actions in front of an international tribunal.

But he said he is worried by some assumptions in the west that Mikhail Saakashvili is “inadequate and may be mentally ill.”

“In such a case there will be no trial against him. He would get a certificate, a ward, and everything would be explained that he is nutty. I fear such a development of events, and I have an impression that this variant is being considered in the west,” Torshin said.
 Draskinn
Msg: 14 (view)

political prisoners eat cheese in Denver for the DNC...'Cheddar on the Plate'.
Posted: 8/13/2008 5:29:33 PM

You ever notice that protest (and predicted protest) always happens at Democrat conventions?

Well most of the protesters at the Republican convention this year will be 8 miles down the road at Ron Paul’s Rally for the Republic.

http://www.rallyfortherepublic.com/

And how are “mass arrests” even legal?

What do they charge you with? How do they prove it in court?

As for “free speech zones” its things like this that make me want to buy a gun. If anyone still thinks we are not headed for a police state you’re living with your eyes shut.
 Draskinn
Msg: 22 (view)

I don't see America having problems.
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:21:03 AM

He said this astonishing thing just this week, with that big, shit-eating grin of his, to Bob Costas, in a brief interview during Olympics coverage. There are other howlers in the same exchange, but that one hit me like a brick. Am I overreacting? Is that not an astonishing, oblivious dismissal of the very people the man pretends to serve?

Bush as said lots of things that have hit me like a bricks.

The one that sent a chill up my spine and I think defines his presidency is when he said to a reporter.

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

He should have been tossed out on his ass right then and there!

Draskinn
Msg: 9 (view)

Mayor wants federal probe after SWAT raids house, kills dogs
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:05:42 PM

Yeah, for some reasons law enforcement officials seem to feel compelled to kill the house pets.

Well from a tactical standpoint killing someone’s pets, preferably in front of them, has a huge psychological impact.

You get all the emotional trauma/shock value of killing a family member without the legal hassles of killing a human.

What ever happened to “innocent until proven guilty” busting down someone’s door, terrorizing them, shooting up their home, and executing their pets hardly sounds like things you should be doing to someone who is “presumed innocent” now does it.

What ever happened to “real” detective work, you know as apposed to government thugs just busting down doors.
 Draskinn
Msg: 15 (view)

2 More US Aircraft Carriers Headed To Gulf?
Posted: 8/8/2008 5:07:55 PM

Also, our friendship with Isreal is a constant sticking point.

The relationship between Israel and the USA reminds me of that friend you had growing up. The friend with the little brother that was a total ***hole, but the older brother would still protected him anyway.
 Draskinn

Posted: 8/8/2008 8:26:26 AM
You know a part of this that really bugs me too is that the dogs were labs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrador_Retriever

Labradors are a well-balanced, friendly and versatile breed, adaptable to a wide range of functions as well as making very good pets. As a rule they are not excessively prone to being territorial, pining, insecure, aggressive, destructive, hypersensitive, or other difficult traits which sometimes manifest in a variety of breeds, and as the name suggests, they are excellent retrievers.

Labradors have a reputation as a very mellow breed and an excellent family dog (including a good reputation with children of all ages and other animals)

Weight Male 27–36 kg (60–80 lb)
Female 25–32 kg (55–70 lb)

How on earth could a grow man in full SWAT gear be afraid of a lab to the point of having to gun it down. It’s not like this guy had wolf hounds or pit bulls these were labs. You can swat a lab on the nose with a news paper and it will go away. These are the kind of dogs you get when you want something that “wont” hurt your kids.

You know as much as I normally hate PETA I think I'd like to see them jump on this.
 Draskinn

Posted: 8/8/2008 8:05:14 AM

There is plenty of reason to send ships into the persian gulf.........Actually ships go there all the time. Including any aricraft carriers already on Iraq deploment. If your implication is that they shouldnt be there in the first place (By that I mean Iraq) I could see your statement holding some water, but to not get aircraft carriers as close as possible to the intended target (Iraq) is foolish at best.

Ok I could see a little bit of ambiguity in my wording, though I thought it was clear at the time I wrote it, I’ll state more plainly.

I think they are going there to attack Iran so if they are going to attack Iran they do not need to be in the gulf where they are easier targets for a counter attack. They have the range to attack from a safer distance.

I wish they were just going there to relieve the ships already on duty for Iraq but I just don’t think that’s the case. This is a build up to war, again…
 Draskinn

Fannie Mae losses grow.........
Posted: 8/8/2008 7:29:21 AM

Last month, the Treasury secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. proposed an emergency plan that would give the federal government the power to inject billions of dollars into the two mortgage giants. That plan, which was signed into law last week, has not been activated.

Typical government solution, throw money at the problem.

Gee you know maybe if the fed would let us keep what we earn and stop robbing our corpse after we die folks could pass down a little wealth within a family and people wouldn’t have to spend a 3rd of their lives paying off a F-ing house!

Draskinn
Msg: 20 (view)

First Reported Obama Assassination Threat
Posted: 8/7/2008 10:18:38 PM

Its sad that we have a need for the Secret Service.

Funny thing about the Secret Service is they didn’t even start out protecting the president.

The Secret Service was commissioned on July 5, 1865 in Washington, D.C. as the "Secret Service Division," to suppress counterfeit currency, which is why it was established under the United States Department of the Treasury. At the time, the only other federal law enforcement agencies were the United States Park Police, U.S. Post Office Department - Office of Instructions and Mail Depredations, now known as the United States Postal Inspection Service, and the United States Marshals Service. The Marshals did not have the manpower to investigate all crime under federal jurisdiction, so the Secret Service was used to investigate everything from murder to bank robbery to illegal gambling. It was the first U.S. domestic intelligence and counterintelligence agency. It no longer has (and has not had for over a century) these responsibilities, which are now vested in the FBI. After the assassination of President William McKinley in 1901, Congress informally requested Secret Service presidential protection. A year later, the Secret Service assumed full-time responsibility for protection of the President. In 1902, William Craig was the first Secret Service agent killed while riding in the presidential carriage, in a road accident.

A little history is always fun.
 Draskinn

Posted: 8/7/2008 9:37:43 PM
Oh they broke down the wrong door this time.

They bust in on bob nobody that works at the chicken shack and lives in the poor part of town and shoot his dogs it will barely make the paper.

They bust in on the Mayor.

Now these jokers have to deal with national news and the FBI. I hope this story gets the attention it deserves, heads need to roll over this kind of thing.

These no knock military style raids need to stop. All around the country they are killing people over pot for god’s sake.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/07/mayor.warrant/

(CNN) -- A Maryland mayor is asking the federal government to investigate why SWAT team members burst into his home without knocking and shot his two dogs to death in an investigation into a drug smuggling scheme.

"This has been a difficult week and a half for us," Cheye Calvo, mayor of Berwyn Heights, Maryland, said Thursday. "We lost our family dogs. We did it at the hands of sheriff's deputies who burst through our front door, rifles blazing."

The raid last week was led by the Prince George's County Police Department, with the sheriff's special operations team assisting, after a package of marijuana was sent to Calvo's home.

Authorities say the package was part of a scheme in which drugs are mailed to unknowing recipients and then intercepted.

Calvo said he had just returned home from walking his two Labrador retrievers, Chase and Payton, when his mother-in-law told him a package had arrived for his wife, Trinity Tomsic.

Moments later, Calvo was in his room changing for a meeting when he heard commotion downstairs.

"The door flew open," he said. "I heard gunfire shoot off. There was a brief pause and more gunfire."

Calvo said he was brought downstairs at gunpoint in his boxer shorts, handcuffed and forced onto the floor with his mother-in-law near the carcass of one of dead dogs. Watch Calvo describe the raid »

"I noticed my two dead dogs lying in pools of their own blood," Calvo said.

Calvo said his mother-in-law is still recovering from the incident.

"She got the worst of it," Calvo said. "She was literally in the kitchen, cooking a lovely pasta dish, and they brought down the door and shot our dogs."

While he was being held, Calvo said, he told police he is the town's mayor, but they didn't believe him.

Berwyn Heights has its own police force, he said, but Prince George's County police did not notify the municipal authorities of their interest in his home or the package.

"They didn't know my name. All they knew was my wife's name. They matched that to the registration of the car," Calvo said. "It was that lack of communication that really led to what has really been the most traumatic experience of our lives."

After the raid, arrests were made in the package interception scheme.

The incident has prompted the couple to call for a federal investigation because, they say, they don't believe police are capable of conducting an internal investigation.

"They've said they've done nothing wrong," Calvo said. "I didn't sign up for this fight, but I think what we have to do now is make changes to how Prince George's County police and Prince George's County sheriff's department operate."

Calvo said authorities entered his home without knocking and refused to show him a warrant when he requested one.

But Prince George's County Police Department spokeswoman Sharon Taylor said legal counsel had informed her that "no-knock" warrants do not exist in Maryland.

Taylor said authorities were acting on a warrant issued based on information available to them at the time.

"This warrant was for permission to search the premises," she said. "The special operations team that supported us made a decision about the necessity of entry at the point of being on the scene."

"No-knock" warrants have drawn criticism before. In Atlanta, Georgia, Kathryn Johnston, 92, was shot to death by police in a botched drug raid involving such a warrant in November.

Taylor, a self-described dog lover, expressed sympathy for the loss of Calvo's dogs, but stopped short of apologizing for the incident.

"We've done these similar kinds of operations over and over again, to the tune of removing billions of dollars of drugs from the community and without people or animals being harmed," she said. "We don't want any of our operations to result in the injury or loss of anybody, and certainly not animals."

The deputies have said they killed the two animals because they felt threatened.

"I would say that the dogs presented a threat, I would imagine, to the special operations situation," Taylor said.

Meanwhile, Calvo and his wife said members of the community have expressed sympathy and concern about the incident.

At a news conference Thursday, Tomsic tearfully recalled a recent encounter with a neighbor who used to wave at the couple as they walked Payton and Chase.

"She gave me a big hug," Tomsic said. "She said, 'If the police shot your dogs dead and did this to you, how can I trust them?' "
 Draskinn

First Reported Obama Assassination Threat
Posted: 8/7/2008 8:07:59 PM
Crazy person threatens to kill Politian.

That happens like 50 times a year, what exactly is news worthy about that? I’m sure the secret service has whole rooms full of files on political death threats.

Now if he actually managed to get a shot off at him, well then that would be news worthy!

I've got to say though I am to this day still amazed no one has taken a shot at Bush. People hate Bush, but then again I can’t remember if anyone ever took a shot at Nixon ether…

I guess public sentiment doesn’t really matter to a crazy person, after all people loved Reagan and he actually did get shot!
 Draskinn

Posted: 8/7/2008 11:30:57 AM
There is no good reason to bring carriers into the Persian Gulf they have plenty of range to hit targets without sailing into what would become a shooting gallery in a war with Iran.

The gulfs has a history of being mined in times of war and the Strait of Hormuz is a natural choke point perfect for firing on ships, and you don’t get a target bigger then a carrier group!

But now think for a second.

If we air strike Iran from a distance they can’t really hit us back. So no real way to tick off the American people and keep a war going. Sure they can stir up the fighters in our other two wars but we are used to that.

If you wanted to say invade and occupy Iran you would need something bigger, something that would really tick off the American people. Something September 11th scale.

There are 1000s of men on a carrier. If we attack Iran they will fire back, we have our carries right in the gulf in range of all there weapons. A sunken capital ship, 1000s of young American sailors dead, the American people in an uproar.

Next thing you know we are occupying another oil rich country!

Do you hear that? That creepy sound in the distance, that’s****Cheney laughing.
 Draskinn

Do husband`s and fathers have constitutional rights like everyone else?
Posted: 8/7/2008 11:06:30 AM
This is a big part of the problem with our system of law. We have all these layers and layers of different names and penalties for the same offence.

There shouldn’t be any hate crime laws or domestic violence laws or family court laws. There should just be one law for hitting someone.

We shouldn’t be punishing people differently for “who” they hit or “why” they hit them. We should be punishing them “for” hitting them! Anything else is thought policing!
 Draskinn
Msg: 25 (view)

Why there is no difference between McCain and Obama
Posted: 8/5/2008 1:16:31 PM
Has anyone noticed the rather large increase in the number of “conspiracy theorists” lately?

A lot of people are finally waking and yelling The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Gulf of Tonkin anyone? You just keep on trusting the Government if you want to...
 Draskinn
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2008 11:32:04 AM

Oh yeah and we created the Taliban in 1979 to fight the soviets

Now, now really you can’t expect people to study history and understand the cause and effect of their actions we have a war to fight!

Ask the average person on the street what “blowback” is and they will probably think it’s a porno…
 Draskinn

secrets of the 'green abyss' ... 'Mother Lode' Of Gorillas
Posted: 8/5/2008 10:17:32 AM
You know the American buffalo was going extinct, till we started eating them again. Once they had commercial value companies stepped in and started breeding and protecting them and doing a much better job at it them the government ever did.

I’m not saying we should eat gorillas, that’s just a little to close to human for my comfort level, but if they could find a way to commercialize the gorilla, to make money off of it being alive. Then you’ll see some niche market company step in and start protecting them just like the buffalo.

Unfortunately environmentalism for environmentalisms sake is really not enough, if you really want to motivate people to do something, to save something, you need to add value. There needs to be a profit.
 Draskinn

Posted: 8/4/2008 3:51:30 PM

4. He is calling for a "civilian national security force" "with as much power and funding" as the military.

Compulsory to boot, he has called for the youth of the nation to be required to perform “national serves” this should scare every single American.

It amounts to nothing less then Slavery.

It’s the government furthering the idea that you are not your own person but the property of the state.

Who owns you?

Who?

If you cant keep what you make (income tax) you cant decide what goes in your body (drug laws) you cant decide who you sleep with (prostitution laws) you cant even decide if you are dying in agony to end it (anti assisted suicide laws) and soon to come required national serves (a fancy way of saying Draft/Slavery)

So who owns you?

I’ll give you a hint, its not you.
 Draskinn
Msg: 77 (view)

Electric cars
Posted: 8/4/2008 12:52:17 PM

If you ask an engineer to design a more inefficient system could they?

How about some reasonable transportation. 2 passenger small plug in electric.
It does not have to cost $35K.

If you’re willing to swap 4 wheels for 2 you can build one yourself. Here is a website with over a 100 home built electric motorcycle conversions. People are building these for anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand depending on how much range you want.

I’m thinking of building one as my winter project.

http://evalbum.com/type/MTCY/

Show ALL Forums