Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Re: God Fearing People
 trixsterjl
Msg: 22 (view)

Re: God Fearing People
Posted: 11/14/2011 5:43:46 PM
It always suprising to me how something that brings so many people so much joy without hurting anyone, can bring forth so much animosity and hate. And yes I know you can bring up 200 year old which burning and 1000 year old crusades. The fact that so many feel the need to tear at something that only stand to benifit and enrich society and replace it with nothing is proof enough for me.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 1779 (view)

8 Line Poetry Stanzas - Use Last Line 4 First Line
Posted: 11/13/2011 6:11:36 PM
I think i heard that somewhere before..
The same giggle the same laugh i adore
I know i heard that somwhere else
The same moans and creacks in the house

When I look around it was just a dream
There is no laugh, and no giggle around
There are no moans, and barely a sound
And the firbers of reality unravel at the seem

and

I cant see no way but combat it
This evil that lurks just so unfit
I'll struggle and fight till the end
I cant let it out to murder and rend

I cant see no way but combat it
The thing that drives me to do things
I hope I can hold it till the bell rings
and i'm planted for wherever my stone sit
 trixsterjl
Msg: 4 (view)

Any GUYS on here upgrade their account?
Posted: 11/13/2011 12:06:48 PM
I agree I paid once a when they first made it an option as a tip. The guy that started this deserves to be rich. And yes it was a guy.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 21 (view)

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/13/2011 9:43:30 AM
I was doing about 2.5 a week. Up till this thing. I just figured I'd give it a go since i needed to spend some flex money anyway. And I agree if you obtain the 1 lb a week by changing to a more healthy lifestyle. Better food better, regular excercise, smaller portions.... That's Ideal if your not obease(sp). Obease(sp) people when doing the above will loose weight at an excellerated pace. I'm not in that catagory and was stunned to drop 12 lbs in a week after already working at it for 7 months. I think that 1 day was a scale error and was more like 5 lbs that day but shrug. It's really a classic adkins statagee though meat and veggies for 2 weeks. The difference is lean meat. I already knew that just didn't know how little i could eat and not chew my arm off.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 1770 (view)

Posted: 11/13/2011 9:39:06 AM
Daring to open up and share your soul to me sure means a lot!
I know your afraid because of the one that's not forgot
Sometimes I am afraid as well,
and want to hide truth to tell.

If we both just reach a little bit more.
Somewhere we will find the stregth,
and the time might be some great length,
we will find a way to open that door.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 19 (view)

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:25:43 AM
Phentermine, D3, and Multi vit pills. B12 shot. and i'm drinking 3 to 4 L of water a day, so doubt it's water weight. Could be the other but Didn't seem to be an unusal day in that reguard. I was primed for a loss anyway as I been on my own plan for 6 months and hadn't lost in a few weeks. The day I went I droped 2 Lb before driving there. todays drop was a massive .8 way more reasonable heh.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 24 (view)

Is all of history one big lie?
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:40:41 PM
I'm not sure how many of the events that are being covered up are history and how many are current. I think mainly current. History is littered with the abuses and mistakes of every nation. Pox covered blankets. Millions of "witches" burned in Europe. Millions dead in crusades to fill the pockets of lords and get 3rd and 4th sons land titles. These things are not important to us anymore and why should they. Other than to be know so we can see the mistakes of our past. The cover ups we need to worry about are the ones now. Why are we really in afganistan for 6 years. They are a backward horse riding people that will fight another 100 years from now. Why didn't we learn from the russians. What is in area 51. I promise you it's not little green men. Why do we continue to let a few people steal billions while sending a guy to prison for 30 years for getting 10k from a bank? These are thing things I ponder.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 17 (view)

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:30:59 PM
We'll weather it is the effect of a month of regular working out amping up by the daily cardio. The pills and shot or a combo of it all I dropped 8 lbs and 3 days. That's freeking insain. I'd be worried if I felt tired at all.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 8 (view)

Anyone else unable to find a job?
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:25:15 PM
my nephew but it's most likely due to the large amount of pot he smokes. Now how he's getting the pot??? There is a mystery. 10 percent of the US plus is out of work and that's only the people that want to work. GL.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 1756 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 1:04:55 PM
If i shout some obscene inferrence
it's not just some odd coincidence
I loved you with boundless heart
then you stomped and i fell apart

When all was well once again
I still ached for the distance when
Though this fire will not die
I will hold my head up and cease to cry
 trixsterjl
Msg: 1 (view)

To: 8 line stanza thread
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:01:08 PM
Sorry I missed the use last line in the topic. Though why that goes on for 71 pages when it is clearly a word game. *shrug* Most likely why they delete it when it gets really really really big. Anyway sorry and hard to say that in over 200 chars.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 1753 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 7:47:41 AM
The first time I saw her

Time stops
Heart flops
Ears scream
Eyes dream
Legs shake
knees quake
Skin sweats
And we havent even met
 trixsterjl

The one
Posted: 11/10/2011 7:40:03 AM
I'm not ready yet
to write a poem
My heart is set
from this empty home

I'm not ready yet
to sing a song
My strings are broken
by fingers long gone

I'm not ready yet
to hear a joke
My ear are filled
with her hurtful smoke

I'm not ready yet
to be alone
So still I Look
for my hearts atone

Are you the chisle
to break the stones
Are you the lutier
to release the tones

Are you the Jester
to bring the mirth
Are you the Angel
to renew my worth
 trixsterjl

What would you be willing to camp out for?
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:51:41 PM
to save 32 cents on socks, or a klondike bar.
 trixsterjl

After man loses nearly 200 pounds, he collects on bet
Posted: 11/9/2011 3:31:30 AM
dude must have lived on a tredmill. 20 lbs a month. The biggest losers dont even do that with trainers, and extreem dieting. **oops just realized they weigh in weekly so they are losing this much.
 trixsterjl

Anyone got a bodyspace profile?
Posted: 11/8/2011 1:15:24 PM
I too wondered but it sounded like something I might not want to google. lol.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 14 (view)

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:54:37 PM
This post has wandered towards diet so why make new one right:

I still have flex spending money so I went to a diet dr my friend at work has been using to see what there plan is. Nothing too suprising except i swear when he was going over the diet he said 800 calories. I was like WTF lol. Two week of salad and 12 ounces of lean meat a day. I'm not so sure about that idea.
Meds: phentermine, D-3, multi vit, and a B vit injection. Plus 1 hour of exercise 7 days a week no less then 5 days.
I'm thinking his plan is pretty agressive. Anyone not think you'd have to be hard core dedicated to stay around 800 calories, and boost up exercise from 3 to 4 days to 5 to 7 days a week.

I bow to the wisdom of the guy that said starvation mode is myth, as i'll have to take the word of a DR dealing in 100's of big bodies a week.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 6 (view)

Are you treated different by members of the opposite sex from other countries?
Posted: 11/6/2011 5:45:32 PM
Anyone who's traveled in the millitary will tell you 100 percent yes. LOL. There are dozens of reasons you'd get treated differently by both men and women from different countries, including just plain curiosity.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 2 (view)

Want constructive feedback
Posted: 11/2/2011 11:59:03 PM
As always Pictures.

Being a princess just isn't very fun when maintenance is lacking.

I'd most likely delete this sentence. Everyone going to be put off by high maintenance but mainly it reads like your out of shape, or dont take care of yourself hygenicly.

possibly as his wife.

I have a feeling that your age group will shy away from the word wife.

I'm also very spiritual and I am writing a book to formalize the founding of my religion.

I dont even know what to say about that, but if your founding a new world religion it's gotta be central to who you are so... hmmm I'm not sure what I'd have thought of that line 20 years ago.

some people's addiction working out deplorable.

I dont really like the line, however, you need to add the word "to" -(addiction to working out).

Really it's one of the more unique profiles i've seen. Not sure what kind of response you'll get.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 39 (view)

One of the most racist and unjust laws in American history is coming to an end today..
Posted: 11/2/2011 11:40:43 PM
Anyway crack is no longer a big issue. The hot drugs now are blues (roxycodone) a opiate pain pill, and Meth(speed). Both are 100 times more addictive and difficult to kick. One is sold legally and the other can be made in any house with ingredient you can get around town. They gotta make room to arrest people under the new racist laws.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 10 (view)

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/2/2011 6:26:52 PM
You were correct 5'10 is average us male height. Sorry.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 9 (view)

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/2/2011 2:18:38 PM
One thing I didn't notice anyone really get into here is overtraining. That can leave you feeling sore almost all the time. It wouldn't hurt to research that and learn to see the warning signs. Your muscles actually repair quite quickly, the pain you feel is the damaged muscle fibers being broken down, which occurs after repair. It takes roughly 48 hours for the whole process to take place. So if you are really not sure why you are sore at a given time, take a day off and rest, it will not set you back and you might even feel better. In the past when I felt like I was overtraining, I noticed that I felt really good after 4-5 days rest, which seemed like to long back then.

Thanks for bringing us back on topic. I'm working out with a group at work and they started me out really light, lot of reps. I've heard the phrase "start slow get your muscles use to the idea" or something like that. I'm like 3 workouts in in a week. upperbody x2, lower body once. For me it's more to suport my over all healthy body goals, so im not going crazy with weights. Thanks for the input. And the 48 hours for muscles to repair makes sense to me. I really was wondering why I generally hurt a little on the 2nd day and maybe a dull ache on the 3rd. Back when I was in the navy we tossed as much weight as we could lift to be "manly" and it was not uncommon to hurt the day after lol. The wisdom of youths.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 28 (view)

One of the most racist and unjust laws in American history is coming to an end today..
Posted: 11/2/2011 12:06:05 PM
They aren't releasing crack heads they are releasing crack dealers. Though some are bound to be both cocaine is free of your system chemically in a day(i'm pretty sure). So even if they went in addicted after years and years who knows.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 7 (view)

Honest review requested.
Posted: 11/2/2011 11:51:52 AM
use this one. One post per is the rule.
 trixsterjl

Profile reviews educational
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:48:24 AM
Anyone else start doing profile reviews and feel like it was very eductaional. I haven't gone back to the drawing board on mine yet but after reading more guys profile more critiquely and see other peoples responses as well as what I said I'm better equiped when I'm ready to work on mine some more.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 24 (view)

Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:37:37 AM
yes i get my shot every year. I used to get the flu every year and i started getting the shot bout 6 years ago and haven't gotten it since.
 trixsterjl

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:22:32 AM
I'll have to look at the study. Your doing borderline calories and are average height for a woman. Really though most lifters I met eat tons and tons of calories in the way of protein. Your body as far as i know converts fat, protein and sugar to energy so if you put out 3000 calories from weight training and take in 1300 calories where is the body going to get the energy. you would loose roughly 3 lbs a week in fat, and I dont see how you could gain muscle mass at the same time when it's using all you take in plus body fat so you can pump blood, breath and move around.

Last thing I said calories in minus calloris out is weight gain or loss.

The number of meals has to do with not being hungry all the time.

You might be right with starvation mode, but it is there and even in fat people, it is not healthy to lower your calories below a certain point. You cant just stop eating. And even if you could the diet would last 2 to 3 days of fasting at the most and then you'd go nuts and eat 3 happy meals.
Minnesotta starvation diet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

Semi-Starvation Period (24 weeks): During the 6-month semi-starvation period, each subject’s dietary intake was cut to approximately 1,560 calories per day.

prolonged semi-starvation produces significant increases in depression, hysteria and hypochondriasis as measured using the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) (a standardized test administered during the experimental period). Indeed, most of the subjects experienced periods of severe emotional distress and depression.[1]:161 There were extreme reactions to the psychological effects during the experiment including self-mutilation (one subject amputated three fingers of his hand with an axe, though the subject was unsure if he had done so intentionally or accidentally).[4] Participants exhibited a preoccupation with food, both during the starvation period and the rehabilitation phase. Sexual interest was drastically reduced, and the volunteers showed signs of social withdrawal and isolation.[1]:123-124 The participants reported a decline in concentration, comprehension and judgment capabilities, although the standardized tests administered showed no actual signs of diminished capacity. There were marked declines in physiological processes indicative of decreases in each subject’s basal metabolic rate (the energy required by the body in a state of rest), reflected in reduced body temperature, respiration and heart rate. Some of the subjects exhibited edema (swelling) in their extremities, presumably due to the massive quantities of water the participants consumed attempting to fill their stomachs during the starvation period.

You wanted me to read that in what way are you saying this proves there is no stavation mode when dieting. LOL.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 3 (view)

Profile Review?
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:57:22 PM

Your first filter is simply that, if you are set in your ways and believe that your path is the absolute path, then check out another profile.

I consider myself above average intellect and i have no clue what that means. I found it interesting that all the photos were with women and the title sounds playerish. Overall decent profile though, i found the text very readable.
 trixsterjl

How does it look?
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:50:33 PM
Short, decent profile. I personnal would remove the first part about games. It's in every 3rd profile and it will not prevent idiots from contacting you.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 5 (view)

Ill take some help please.
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:46:32 PM
need to use this one.
 trixsterjl

Posted: 11/1/2011 9:06:50 PM
Your gonna hate me. Crack cocaine and powder are 2 different beasts. For a lot of different reasons. I personally dont like prison for drug only charges, but that's not going anywhere fast. Crack made cocaine cheep and accessable, had a purity way higher than power, and caused the first (that i know of) nation wide drug (other than alch) problem since opium was being sold to quit drinking alch. (due to being almost instantly addicting to many users) Any race being arrested for dealing crack got treated the same way. The law in and of itself is not racist. It's just too harsh for the crime committed. By saying the law is rasist, you are saying that only minorities dealt or used crack.

- Enforcement of the law in low income neighborhoods only does not make the law rasist, only the enforcement of it.
 trixsterjl

Writing about myself sucks, how did I do
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:46:09 PM
The main picture is clear and close up, but come off creepy to me i'm not sure why. Hopely a woman will jump in and toss in 2 cents on that. Either way... MORE PICTURES.

I own my own house and...

I know what I want in life as well as in my what I want in a girlfriend

fix it. If you know want for real say it.

I am a very drama free person, so I would expect the same in a relationship

No one wants drama, keep it leave it. Shrug

onto

its unto you have this twice

I don't bite, unless you ask anyhow!

cliche. keep it, loose it, but it looses it's cute/funny factor from overuse.
 trixsterjl

Review mine please
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:34:44 PM
Dude why do you have a 2.5 year old self photo? you only need one picture of your truck. IMO. Others will pick at it more but pictures, pictures, pictures.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 10 (view)

Bad dates have left me a bit on edge!
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:29:52 PM
True heather, children first. FTW.

If you are getting dates your profile is working it's your weeding that needs work.
 trixsterjl

Does this sort of thing happen elsewhere?
Posted: 11/1/2011 7:43:48 PM
In my exprience leverage gets you fired eventually unless you are just so good they can never find fault in your work and then hell they can take a little grief.
 trixsterjl

After workout soarness
Posted: 11/1/2011 7:22:44 PM
I'm familiar with all of that except 6 lbs of muscle in 48 hours.

<div class='quote'>Eating carbs to loose fat
The goal is to loose fat weight and not muscle weight. Food gets calories form 3 sources Carb 1 gram x 4, protein 1 gram x 4, and fat 1 gram x 9. Carbs are futher broken down into fiber and sugar. If you really want to loose fat weight you want to carb up as much as you can on fiber carbs. Every body is differnt but most will stay in Ketosis up to 60ish carbs if a lot of it is fiber. So it's not that you have to it just keeps you full and makes it a lot easier to stay on the plan. They are not saying eat spoonfuls of sugar. And yes you can eat nothing but protein and weight falls off like the runs your gonna suffer from, but it will be back with friends as soon as you stop and you will.

<div class='quote'>More meals better.
Absofreekin lootly. I eat 8 times a day 100 to 300 calories. about 1800 average calories a day but always between 1500 and 2400. I started at 355 pounds i now weight 288 pounds after 6 months. I just started to work out. It works and I dont even feel a little like i'm going to quit before my target of 239 lbs by april of next year.

<div class='quote'>starvation mode.
Ture. you will stop loosing weight if you eat too little. I've read 1200 for a woman 1400 for man. Calories that is, is the minimus you should eat. My general rule is body weight x10 calories of you ideal weight. If you starve your body your body will start to shut down non-vital function like reproduction and pool the blood in center mass. This is called shock. Your metabolism goes way down, your immune system goes down, you blood pressure tanks. Your body needs less calories to do what it is doing. and you are always cold.
---
I dont put any of this out to say diet this way. Consult a dr or dietitian when starting a diet plan. I've learned that Calories in minus calories out is weight gain or loss it's that simple.
 trixsterjl

Please review my profile
Posted: 11/1/2011 6:54:07 PM
Guys who read this will not have read it before most likely, IMO kill the first 2 sentences about how you are going to change the profile text. Start with I'm an educated, strong.
Do you really want a man that makes all the decisions or a man that talks to you and tries to make you happy when possible? It sounds like you want to be the sub and in a sub/dom relation that's fine if it's your intent. Odd since the stuff I said I killed said you sounded to "strong".
Plus what LionessV said.

IMO

joe
 trixsterjl

Looking for a review
Posted: 11/1/2011 6:47:35 PM
People read them.
Umm, I'd say complete rewrite. you identified that you need pictures try to find at least one more for your main were you dont look depressed. I really just couldn't even finish reading it. Someone else will jump in in a min. GL
 trixsterjl

Curious Kitty Here
Posted: 11/1/2011 5:03:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion

Lionesses do the majority of the hunting for their pride, being smaller, swifter and more agile than the males, and unencumbered by the heavy and conspicuous mane, which causes overheating during exertion. They act as a co-ordinated group in order to stalk and bring down the prey successfully. However, if nearby the hunt, males have a tendency to dominate the kill once the lionesses have succeeded. They are more likely to share with the cubs than with the lionesses, but rarely share food they have killed by themselves. Smaller prey is eaten at the location of the hunt, thereby being shared among the hunters; when the kill is larger it often is dragged to the pride area. There is more sharing of larger kills,[61] although pride members often behave aggressively toward each other as each tries to consume as much food as possible.

Both males and females defend the pride against intruders. Some individual lions consistently lead the defence against intruders, while others lag behind.[62] Lions tend to assume specific roles in the pride. Those lagging behind may provide other valuable services to the group.[63] An alternative hypothesis is that there is some reward associated with being a leader who fends off intruders and the rank of lionesses in the pride is reflected in these responses.[64] The male or males associated with the pride must defend their relationship to the pride from outside males who attempt to take over their relationship with the pride. Females form the stable social unit in a pride and do not tolerate outside females;[65] membership only changes with the births and deaths of lionesses,[66] although some females do leave and become nomadic.[67] Subadult males on the other hand, must leave the pride when they reach maturity at around 2–3 years of age.[67]
 trixsterjl

What everyone else is here for
Posted: 11/1/2011 2:11:02 AM
take out for pin cushion or change the word to or pin cushion. Might want to make that header more fun anyway. That's pretty much the theme of what I thought about it. It was hard to read. I dont see any reason a woman wouldn't contact you but Here is hoping a woman will drop in and review. - To clearify the pictures will get you contacted by women that only care about your pictures, the text felt like reading a text book. All the info is there, but it doesn't elicit any emotional attachment. If a profile can make me smile or laugh I always send her and email even when I know she's just gonna ignore it. GL
 trixsterjl

Curious to see what others think.....
Posted: 11/1/2011 2:02:41 AM
Great job with the pictures.
 trixsterjl

Not really looking for a full review
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:31:41 PM
I've done internet since the wargames error when it was all dial up BBS's. LOL. i've had trixster since then I picked up the JL along the way. Initials to make it way less likely that the name will be used on sites. Friends were piking god names on the main site we used zues, Kali.
 trixsterjl
Msg: 5 (view)

Looking for tips
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:29:05 PM
hmm. Interesting thoughts. Jugs comments will get you ignored i'm sure. I send "I like you photos" now and then and get the same results as any other email other than just sending. HI.
 trixsterjl

Posted: 10/31/2011 6:23:58 PM
It means you are only looking for sex in this case.
 trixsterjl

Curious to see what others think.....
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:22:33 PM

I would make cheesin your main photo. It show's you a lot better than your main photo. You might get a uniform picture up there, but you want the main photo to be a clear shot of you smiling.
Retool the sentence "if you are wrong i'll be the first to tell you". I'd drop it but at least put in the word Think. If i think you are wrong. Really though it sounds very dominating.
Oh and btw Watersports and 2 meanings.
 trixsterjl

Not really looking for a full review
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:13:24 PM
Just wondering if I should delete it and make a better Username go out and take different photos. I need more photo's anyway I had to get rid of some that were me 50 pounds ago. I'm not sure if the 2007 and trixsterjl username might not be the best things. heh.
 trixsterjl

Rate me, Roast me, but Don't forget the butter!
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:06:07 PM
More pictures. Try to find a smile, I'm sure you own one. I dont like the researcher note, and I'd have to stare at the ELU for PoF but I dont think it would work anyway. The rest of the profile I would think will attract intellegent women only. IMO

joe
 trixsterjl

a little help from the fish
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:54:07 PM
agree with first post. Also you want to add that those are your paintings, i assume they are or why are they there. I saw painting in interest but it will be missed.
 trixsterjl

Review it please
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:28:26 PM
stu,

That's a really nice profile. I really like that you adressed the just out of sex complait that tons and tons of women feel the need to post about on thier profiles. You need two things to pull in most women IMO.
1. More pictures.
2. I'm sorry to say. A job.

joe
 trixsterjl

Constructive criticism?
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:21:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with your profile that I can see. You could flesh it out a bit with more things you enjoy. You could work on photo's. I personally dont like self mirror shots, they never come out good and that's your only shot that is not just face. Over all though it's not bad. Nothing on that screams FWB there are just a lot of creepy people in our area. Well everywhere from that being a regular complaint from every woman I talk to and on 2/3 of the profiles. LOL.

Show ALL Forums