Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?
 Strings6
Msg: 45 (view)

Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?
Posted: 12/11/2015 4:17:39 PM
What I want to know is......do looks realy matter ? LOL
 Strings6
Msg: 105 (view)

Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?
Posted: 12/9/2015 2:11:26 AM
Money matters,dont know why some people want to fight it so hard,anyone who has struggled knows how much it matters and how miserable life can be almost to the point of not being worth living when it is in short supply.
 Strings6
Msg: 122 (view)

Online dating women have the upper hand
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:44:12 PM
Showboat,dont know what the Sean Connery approach is but I know he has never lacked female companionship,a man just needs to respect himself in regard to women and give respect in return,at 55 a man realizes he has never met a woman he couldn't live without and its not likely he ever will,so friendship and companionship become the main thing he looks for.....then you have some who never advance beyond high school and fall in "love" once or twice a month with "the one" they usually have the lower hand.
 Strings6
Msg: 94 (view)

Golddigging in the Minor Leagues
Posted: 12/5/2015 2:35:50 AM
Your money and/or property will be the only thing most people will be consistently interested in throughout your life,only children and small furry Animals receive what could be described as the closest thing to love most people can deliver...cynical,yes....true,yes....exceptions of course.
 Strings6
Msg: 119 (view)

Posted: 12/3/2015 3:04:19 PM
It also depends on the man,if you find yourself at a disadvantage most of the time in relationships with women then perhaps you need to change something about yourself and the way you approach and deal with women...."**** whipped" is not a meaningless phrase.
 Strings6
Msg: 371 (view)

When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 12/3/2015 2:38:27 AM
Men are also intuitive and the princess attitude is easy to spot,most men will ignore it if the woman looks good enough.
 Strings6
Msg: 62 (view)

Why is it so hard for single moms to date?
Posted: 12/1/2015 1:35:54 PM
This question has been asked and answered about several hundred times....why not some new or maybe not so new questions.

Why do people with kids want to date people without kids since there is obviously a difference in lifestyles and schedules,and to some degree philosophies and perceptions of life ?

Why do people with kids waste their time complaining about people without kids that don't want to date them ?

Why do people with kids not understand that another person may not want to share the responsbility you bear ?

Why do people with kids realize its not that appealing to be presented with a list of people that can often include inlaws and even the ex in addition to the children whos approval you have to win in addition to your approval,thats alot of work and you may not be worth it to them.

Why do people with kids not seem to understand that we all make choices and most of us only want to reap the consequences of the choices we make and not others, not good,bad or indifferent it just is.

If one wants to call someone a better man or woman for taking on the responsibility of somebody else's children do so,but there is no need to disparage or belittle those who decide not to,would you want such a person around your children anyway.
 Strings6
Msg: 104 (view)

MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HERE
Posted: 12/1/2015 1:16:17 PM
Umm that's exactly what it means,buddy.....there may be some difference in the manner in which one expresses a dissenting view but depending on the maturity level of others in the discussion you can be called a troll no matter what.
 Strings6
Msg: 196 (view)

Sincerely with Our Dogs and Cats in our Middle Ages????
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:40:18 PM
I am an Animal lover but have never understood judging them by people standards, or people by pet standards,pet owners say their pets give them unconditional love, well considering their lack of ability to judge your character by any standard other than food,shelter and affection what are they supposed to do,if you told your pet about your criminal history what would they do,if you told them you stole things from work,lied alot,stabbed your best friend in the back and slept with your brothers wife would they pack up their food dish and leave ? you could do all of this and slap a baby and steal its bottle on the way home and it wouldnt matter to them...... we love Animals more for what they are than they love us for who we are because their perceptions of us are much simpler than our perceptions of each other so we in a sense look to them for what we cannot get from each other based on our treatment of each other.....or something like that.
 Strings6
Msg: 113 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2015 3:21:06 PM
Some women have the upper hand and some dont
 Strings6
Msg: 34 (view)

Changing your Type
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:12:50 PM
These threads often seem to suggest that the key to happiness is having what you don't want and are not attracted to as an exercise in character building or eating the same food you don't like until you like it or something like that,this may work for the younger folks who can afford to waste some time but after you get some miles and years on you you know or should know what you want and be confident in yourself to pursue it without any apologies....and also willing to be alone with a decent attitude if you cant find it.
 Strings6
Msg: 332 (view)

The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:47:23 PM
I first saw the forums back in 05 or 6 and there was a party line then and you towed it or you were out,there were correct and incorrect opinions on just about everything and if you strayed you didn't last long,dont know why anyone would think that was better unless you were on the "correct" side. of things.
 Strings6
Msg: 238 (view)

How open are you REALLY to discuss why you're still single?
Posted: 11/29/2015 11:09:02 AM
It is also a fact that people will blame anything but themselves,the media,television and the internet all have off buttons and parents can have a tremendous influence on their children if they themselves tear themselves away from what they blame their failures as parents on and be a part of their childrens lives.....no guarantees but its better than the blame game when one considers that when a child is a success good parenting is credited for it but if they fail then its society,the media,peer pressure etc etc that's to blame.
 Strings6
Msg: 63 (view)

Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/22/2015 3:27:53 PM
From the Op's profile......"I still like all my ex boyfriends,im especially fond of one of them" .....a classic red light,blazing across the night sky warning if there ever was one.........suitable for framing.
 Strings6
Msg: 137 (view)

How open are you REALLY to discuss why you're still single?
Posted: 11/21/2015 4:42:01 PM
I'm single because I have had what I don't want,cant find what I do want,dont have any kids and since I'm from a generation where they grew up and went out on their own like I did 30 + year olds kids with constant drama and dependence issues don't make sense,and my hormones don't torment me anymore to go out and find a mating partner.
 Strings6
Msg: 20 (view)

real issue ive noticed with white women on here
Posted: 11/20/2015 2:49:30 AM
Might as well add dating to the already long list of things you had damn well better do unless you want to be called a racist.
 Strings6
Msg: 107 (view)

Just another Double Standard
Posted: 11/7/2015 1:02:59 AM
Well I guess I should have expected such responses,little anedotes about women who can fix things as if it were the norm,swarms of female mechanics,plumbers,electricians etc out there everyday getting it done and keeping it real LOL and the accusations of emotional issues. The company I work for has been in business for 50 years and has has never had a female tech or ever had one apply and probably never will,same goes for other companies I have worked for.

The comment about watching women fall apart when something breaks is a response to the "i don't need a man for anything" BS yet when something breaks or some hard difficult work needs to be done they either have a husband or boyfriend or a man for hire to do it....oh yes I know already,you know a woman who............if a woman doesnt need man for anything that's fine,but don't call him when you do need him only to tell him later you dont need him again,its just simple respect,if you want respect then give it to somebody who can do what you cannot do,many women have no respect for men period in any capacity.

A strong independent person is able to do for themselves and not depend on others for things,everyone is dependent to some extent but unless you can do it yourself you are depending on someone,should be easy to understand.I have seen many threads over the years where woman ask are men intimidated by by strong women....please,only weak men are intimidated by women at all,strong or weak......everyone has strengths and weaknesses.....everyone.

Then of course we have the condescending psycho analysis response such as the one above,a man pointing out any flaws in womens behavior must have issues of some sort because we all know that all men measure their value and worth on women's acceptance of them so any complaints must come from being rejected by them blah blah blah,and can never be based on any actual real world experiences.....all criticism of women's behavior must be born out of mental and emotional issues,pure fantasy created out of bitterness over rejection......check your ego,you are human and flawed just like men are.
 Strings6
Msg: 78 (view)

Just another Double Standard
Posted: 11/6/2015 4:04:17 PM
Op,you are young and your hormones are still tormenting you,trust me,let some years go by and you wont give a damn what any of them do or don't do.I have been a mechanic for years and still enjoy watching "strong,independent" women fall to pieces when something breaks.....they know that unless they have the bank account or can get a man to do it for nothing they are screwed.
 Strings6
Msg: 183 (view)

Oddball is great!!!
Posted: 11/6/2015 3:46:05 PM
No I didn't get hostile but did take offense at her suggestion that a sweet little dog or cat that just wants to love you that might shed a little hair every now and then is an issue but idiots that bring nothing but misery to your life are just fine.....I don't smoke or have parties everyday,her drama king sons friends and relatives however did all of those things.

The point,if it needs to be stated clearly,is that people are a much bigger problem than pets are and if you have a lot of people baggage with you it would seem that you would be a bit more tolerant of Animal issues few as there are.
 Strings6
Msg: 181 (view)

Oddball is great!!!
Posted: 11/5/2015 11:07:01 AM
I had a woman tell me once that it wouldnt work because she was not a pet person,i told her I understood because I was not a two full grown sons who couldn't find their ass with both hands causing constant drama,flaky friends and pain in the ass relatives kind of person either,so yeah,it wouldn't work.
 Strings6
Msg: 13 (view)

Trolling
Posted: 11/4/2015 2:39:51 PM
If my life ever gets so meaningless that I take the time to get a thread here deleted then I know I'm near the end.
 Strings6
Msg: 36 (view)

Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?
Posted: 11/4/2015 3:23:41 AM
This question has been ask before and treated as if women being interested in money is either a myth or extremely rare,well like all things it depends on the person....some are and some are not,there is sufficient eveidence to suggest that SOME women in fact do consider money above all things whether they have any or not and regardless of how they got it.

There is still enough left of the old society we used to have where men are expected to have the lions share of the money,that like everything else is changing.
 Strings6
Msg: 126 (view)

I'm not much for writing about myself....
Posted: 11/2/2015 3:58:18 PM
I have been around here alot longer than I care to remember and have seen people blasted for judging people on looks,height, weight,weight and weight,finances, pets or lack of,race,religion,type of work....and Zodiac sign....I just figured this was just as silly,but like I said its about personal preference.
 Strings6
Msg: 115 (view)

I'm not much for writing about myself....
Posted: 10/31/2015 12:42:21 PM
An empty brain ? complete nonsense,not everyone expresses themselves in writing as well as others.

Laziness ? more nonsense

Poor writing skills ? perhaps,but different people have different skills,are we to believe that only great authors and English majors are suitable for dating.

Inarticulate ? perhaps,but there are tons of inarticulate slugs out there both male and female who have more dates than they know what to do with....its just another narrow judgement that people are free to make but will do little for their dating and relationship life,there are profile templates that can make anyone sound good even though its a complete lie.....maybe that's what people want anyway.
 Strings6
Msg: 7 (view)

What's The Fitness Industry Hiding ? And Why ?
Posted: 10/28/2015 3:34:30 PM
Bottom line is people do not want to put forth effort or deny themselves in anyway,yet they still want to be fit and in good health,it is perfectly accessable to anyone who is physically able to exercise,simply walking as much as you can is helpful....but again people want to do nothing and have what they want anyway.
 Strings6
Msg: 27 (view)

Joe Bonamassa
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:37:35 PM
As a musician I have to chuckle at the accusation that a musician has stolen this or that,especially in the blues genre.....there is THE blues sound that can only be achieved in a relatively small number of ways,otherwise its not the blues.....only talent and imagination can alter these few methods and still get the blues....SRV was the greatest in my opinion....I like Bonamassa but their will never be another Stevie Ray Vaughn
 Strings6
Msg: 5 (view)

What's The Fitness Industry Hiding ? And Why ?
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:22:02 PM
The fitness "industry" maybe a scam but fitness is not,the only reason we have the scam is because people want to be told they can have the same results as a man or woman who eats healthy and in moderation and gets regular vigorous exercise while they sit around and eat whatever taste good in large quantities and have a treadmill they use as a clothes rack.....not happening.
 Strings6
Msg: 4 (view)

Bacon, ham and sausages 'as big a cancer threat as smoking'
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:12:57 PM
Most will tell WHO to blow it out of their tail pipe and eat what they want.
 Strings6
Msg: 96 (view)

MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HERE
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:05:59 PM
The term "troll" means not agreeing with the prevailing opinions and views,doesnt matter how its stated.....free speech or free anything runs counter to human nature and people will always seek a way to silence those who disagaree with them.....just another form of control.
 Strings6
Msg: 110 (view)

The world is full of married men
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:36:18 PM
What does marriage in this world mean anymore ? a legal arrangement to facilitate the acquisition of property and money or what.
 Strings6
Msg: 184 (view)

Men happier married vs Women happier single - according to research
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:25:34 PM
Women can have all the "options" they wish,who but the most insecure and incompetent of men cares.....there is only one thing a woman can do for me that I cannot do for myself....well,at least with the most desirable results.
 Strings6
Msg: 104 (view)

Home ownership a dealbreaker?
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:11:44 AM
I waited until I was 54 to buy my first and last house,i will never pay it off and don't care because I will probably be gone in a few years,its all stuff,all temporary and one day I will leave it all behind and I find peace in that.....ownership is a myth,we don't own anything.

Rent in my area is insane,i pay 800 a month for my house and could rent it for 1200 a month,crazy.
 Strings6
Msg: 131 (view)

Thoughts on attractive men
Posted: 10/24/2015 1:04:57 PM
No offense to the Op but I have always wondered why women attractive or other wise can self promote which unless done with extreme tact can be very arrogant but if a man does it he is stuck up...I mean "BeautyBabie" you are an attractive woman but would you be interested in a man who called himself Hot Stud or One Hot Guy or how about Every Womans Dream or Gods gift to Women.

I have seen women with names like "Hot Honey" "One Sexy Momma" "Hot Granny for You" should I have taken any of these women seriously or dismissed them as legends in their own mind ? physical beauty in my humble opinion is obvious and requires no promotion or advertisement,inner beauty however proves its self over time.

Strings6
Msg: 32 (view)

Children: Undecided/Open
Posted: 10/22/2015 4:08:29 PM
Another thread that proves how many ways anything you say or do can be taken.
 Strings6
Msg: 29 (view)

Children: Undecided/Open
Posted: 10/22/2015 3:33:06 AM
it means the test results are not in yet
 Strings6
Msg: 46 (view)

Are the Hi there or Hey you messages from women automated?
Posted: 10/18/2015 4:39:58 AM
Its very telling when a person expects you to impress them right away,chances are if a relationship develops you will have to continue impressing them or the relationship will be over when someone else comes along that impresses them,if someone contacts you then they are interested and if the impression you have on them and them on you is real it will last over time.....beware of the wow me now types.
 Strings6
Msg: 5 (view)

Do men really expect to find the one on a site like POF?
Posted: 10/18/2015 4:25:25 AM
People have individual personality traits,some never met a stranger.some know nothing but strangers....we are all different and find different things easy or difficult,we have exaggerated the effect of what we think of ourselves and how it affects others,if I don't like someone I don't care what they think of themselves because I must make my own decision,if you can make me like you based only on your opinion of yourself then I am a weak and needy person and cannot think for myself....con men and women work on the principle of controlling and manipulating others.

I find it interesting that there were votes to delete the thread on the grounds that it is a "reduntant subject" might as well delete might as well delete 95% of whats here if that is the standard.....relationships are not as complicated as we make them and there is nothing new under the sun.
 Strings6
Msg: 51 (view)

why do we try so hard to survive?
Posted: 10/16/2015 2:22:41 AM
Never had any desire to spread my genes,just discovered sex and that it was fun and that was all there was to it.as far as survival goes I just do the best I can but I'm not afraid to die,i don't want to die in a violent or painful way but it may happen.....the body is an instrument of torture to the soul.
 Strings6
Msg: 298 (view)

Nothing more than complicated than [b]CHOICE[/b]
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:59:52 AM
Moderators are people and as such are biased,they agree with some and not with other and will find a way to arrange the "rules" to fit that bias and to allow things to be said they agree with and silence what is said they don't agree with.

The typical tactic was to allow one side to say things to provoke the other and when they responded in like manner they were banned......people who like that sort of thing would think it was "better"
 Strings6
Msg: 353 (view)

older women have more competition and fewer men to chose from???
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:46:02 AM
Some people work to stay in shape and attractive as they can be while others don't care and never did,it makes sense that as time goes on one group would have more choices and get more attention than the other as they age.
 Strings6
Msg: 108 (view)

Buyer's Remorse
Posted: 8/2/2015 6:53:04 AM
Women are no better at picking men than men are at picking women,both have weaknesses internal and external they fall for that can hide some realy nasty things in a potential partner.
 Strings6
Msg: 102 (view)

Buyer's Remorse
Posted: 8/2/2015 4:05:22 AM
The question to ask is would any of this be an issue if the tactics didn't work
 Strings6
Msg: 23 (view)

Local phenomena or site-wide?
Posted: 7/18/2015 6:39:30 AM
"Preference crap" ? with age comes perspective,i remember a time when preferences were encouraged as an expression of freedom.....now it seems all preferences must be the same or else as an expression of conformity,people have the right to make choices for their own lives especially something as personal as romantic relationships.
 Strings6
Msg: 390 (view)

Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 3:47:33 AM
What I find amusing is all the sour grapes in regard to appearance....it must be fake,they have no personality,are stupid etc etc....of course we know all less than attractive people have fabulous personalities with insight and depth and an absolute joy to be around.....right.
 Strings6
Msg: 100 (view)

With POF going to a paid site shortly, will you stick around?
Posted: 7/15/2015 4:25:49 PM
The guys that started these dating sites are pretty smart,how often can you sell a product that may or my not work for the customer and they will still pay for it....a Car that may start once or twice or maybe not at all, or any other product that that you can think of where you know when you buy it it may never work for you.
 Strings6
Msg: 18 (view)

OLD: Anything you say can and WILL be judged
Posted: 7/5/2015 7:55:45 AM
When you are a product on a shelf of course you are going to be judged,it seems that many think they are something other than a product on a shelf in this human department store.
 Strings6
Msg: 17 (view)

She Tells me She loves me then Discards Me
Posted: 7/3/2015 5:17:09 AM
OP.let this be a lesson in the uselessness of pride, you say you did not want to place yourself in "vulnerable" position,in other words you were not willing to look like you were not in control of everything even tho you wanted a relationship with this girl,it had to come in terms that made you look like the cool one in control.....so now you are feeling the blues because she is gone.

The next time just be willing to sacrifice your ego to get something you have decided is of value to you,even if it doesn't work out you still tried and you wont be feeling the regret you feel now....pride means nothing,gives nothing and can take everything.....just my .02
 Strings6
Msg: 29 (view)

Are the Hi there or Hey you messages from women automated?
Posted: 6/28/2015 9:24:56 AM
If I get a message from a woman I am attracted to and interested in I will respond..even if it just says Hi and its spelled wrong...because in the end great expectations and other silly nonsense means nothing.....as one looks back over their past relationships few would find that they ended because of poor spelling,grammar or creative writing skills.
 Strings6
Msg: 107 (view)

Affairs: Would you ever get together with a married person?
Posted: 6/28/2015 4:21:05 AM
And I feel sorry for the next guy who usually has to pay for the deeds of the first
 Strings6
Msg: 453 (view)

When should the woman offer to pay?
Posted: 6/28/2015 4:13:37 AM
I to would like to know how women have subsidized my comfort and rights...as far as attitudes towards camps rape are concerned rape is rape so what is with this campus variety of rape.The solution is to allow those who are willing to defend themselves with deadly force.shoot the SOB and be done with it.....all the laws and attitudes in the world have no effect on criminals.....let the bodies of rapist start piling up and things will change.

Show ALL Forums