Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Seriously...WTF is wrong with me?
 124Lilacs
Msg: 3 (view)

Seriously...WTF is wrong with me?
Posted: 11/13/2011 8:23:29 PM
I am just not sure if you understand what "intimate encounter" exactly means. It means you are just looking for sex, and little if anything else. "Wham! Bam! Thank you Ma'am. Gooodbye! Neeext!" No woman wants that, so get it OUT of there. I don't even think, from the rest of your profile that that is what YOU are looking for. I would also remove photo 2, where you are wearing the white shirt. You are a nice looking guy, but that photo is terrible. You need to write more about yourself and what you are interested in...what you have here doesn't give anyone a clue about who you are. If you have troublewith it, get someone to help you write it.

Just present yourself in a better light! Do NOT say that you have tried all those dating sites with no luck. Just don't sau anything about it. Get someone to take pictures of you, and SMILE, like you really like other people and yourself. And it sure would not hurt to mention why you appreciate women. Make us feel good about ourselves, be respectful and complimentary and forget about yourself and how "unlucky" you are. Your luck is going to change and you are going to get so many responses that you won't be able to keep up with them! You are a very attractive guy!
 124lilacs
Msg: 5 (view)

Am I broken or just a destroyed heart?
Posted: 11/9/2011 6:12:55 PM
Oh my goodness, no , I absolutely do not think you are broken! I think you are just young. So much of what you talk about - making mistakes, experimenting with things you have been wondering about, trusting someone and regretting it, being cheated on...not that everyone necessarily goes through every single thing that you have or in exactly the same way, but - wow! Your late teens and early twenties: those are such turbulent times! You haven't lived long enough to have the experience to know that you can have your heart broken, and it can be the worst pain you have ever felt...but it will get better. It always does. And in time, you definitely will love another woman and she will love you. Not that you can't ever have your heart broken again...but if you do, you will know down deep that the hurt is not forever. As you have more experience, your confidence will start to grow, BECAUSE you will be learning what things do and do not work for you; you will, as a result, start making better choices, and you will vastly increase the possibility of finding true and lasting love with someone who wants the same things in life that you do. You are on your way already, losing all that weight, knowing the importance of loyalty...so much more. Please - never give up on love and never, ever give up on yourself! My very best wishes to you and to the life ahead of you.
 124lilacs
Msg: 198 (view)

Physical Attraction.... Does it really matter????
Posted: 6/24/2009 10:44:45 AM
Yes, of course it matters! I don't see why, however, that you have to say goodbye to her. It sounds as though you really value this woman and don't want to end being with her. It sounds as though she could become one of the best friends you have ever had. Why let that go, without giving it a shot? Tell her, in as positive a way possible, what your feelings are. She may tell you goodbye, but it's also possible that she values your friendship and isn't necessarily attracted to you either. And - try not to feel bad about not being attracted to her. I don't think that's something we have very much conrol over. Either you are - or you're not. It's not a judgement against the other person or their appearance.
 124lilacs
Msg: 10 (view)

Profile Review am i too honest?
Posted: 12/9/2008 9:32:24 PM
Hi Santa. Well, I don't think "too honest" is the issue. You need to neaten up what you say: Get rid of the slang and use proper grammar and spelling. Do not talk about your children or any women in your past. Also, the first thing that hit me negatively (after seeing that you had no picture) was that you said that you have no profession at the moment. Say you are between jobs, if you must, but at least tell us what kind of work you normally do.

You sound like a good guy with a big heart. You just need to present yourself in a positive, appealing way. Get those put-downs of yourself out of there!

The very fact that you are asking for people's opinion of your profile says something courageous and sincere about you. I wish you the very best!

Lilacs
 124lilacs
Msg: 1 (view)

This is getting so old. Older than me.
Posted: 8/26/2008 2:24:14 PM
I keep seeing categories: "Tech help", "Contact Us", etc., but it always turns out to be another page of lists where of course EVERY question will already be answered. Well, many questions are NOT answered. Why don't you get more than 1.5 people to work on this...as in volunteers? For heaven's sake, I would volunteer. I am sure many people would volunteer. It is so frustrating and counterproductive to keep wasting time searching for answers that are not there. Your idea for this site is excellent, but the HELP section is abyssmal! Please address this issue. Thank you.
 124Lilacs
Msg: 3 (view)

Honest feedback on my profile?
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:06:26 PM
Hi Hunter,

Your profile seems very honest and sincere...and that's a good thing! I especially like your first and last paragraphs, where you are speaking to whomever is reading your profile...maybe you could expand on doing that some (It will draw people to you) and leave out a little more of the detail about the tech stuff and some of the details of your shyness.

I was struck by your photos: You are a very good looking guy, but in your main photo (and other people might not agree with me), I think you look a little - frightened, and quite serious. In some of the other photos, the one where you are sitting in the chair, and the one where you are holding the Harry Potter book, I think you look much more relaxed, natural, and very attractive. Maybe you might want to consider making one of the others your main photo (?)

I hope this was somewhat helpful. At any rate, best of luck to you! You will quickly get used to this whole online dating process, you will feel like you have been doing it for months, and I predict you will be getting a LOT of responses!

Pat
 124Lilacs
Msg: 9 (view)

When your dream man turns out to be a Player!
Posted: 8/6/2007 10:53:03 AM
I have to agree with you that this man spent a great deal of time trying toget you to trust and believe him. It seems very probable to me that he just plain got scared and couldn't go through with it. Who knows why? I would not contact him further about anything. If he wants to see you (and you still want to see him), he'll find you. If that happens, I would be very pleasant, but stay just a little bit out of his reach...And with the next man you meet? I would take it really slow. Physically slow, but in other ways too: Don't talk to him all night on the phone...give him about ten minutes and then have a million things to do. I think that "Underwear Rule" is a good one to remember when it comes to men: "Be brief." Good luck to you.
 124Lilacs
Msg: 8 (view)

“Initial attraction” Paradigm Shift From Looks Don’t Count
Posted: 7/31/2007 1:38:36 AM
Well, here is the thing: Of course looks matter. They always have. That is just a reality, probably hardwired into our brains. And NO, we are not all gorgeous or handsome or whatever. But neither are we stuck, sentenced to live out our lives in the shell we are born with. I think that we can all make ourselves look more attractive, and it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. It takes time and effort and trial and error. And it's a process. You do what can to look your best, and when that works, you do some more. Maybe it's what combiation of make-up is flattering, and then you move on to exercising, eating right, getting to the weight that's best for you, figuring out which styles of clothes look best on you, what hairsyle...and changing and updating it all as you go along. I don't see it as a burden...it can be fun...a challenge to outdo yourself. You may have a beautiful soul, but people have to get past the outer you to know that...So why not make it as pleasant as possible?

Show ALL Forums