Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Instant Messenger
 little lady
Msg: 3 (view)

Instant Messenger
Posted: 4/24/2009 12:58:37 PM
Dancing Queen,

In msg #2 above yours', the answer has been given for no IM. If you wish more information then that, check the thread link left by Cowboy.

Smiles,
LL
 little lady
Msg: 98 (view)

Why are so many attractive people divorced?
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:07:45 AM
Faith2565,

I took your OP as a compliment to many people on this site. There are so many intelligent, spiritual, well mannored, good looking, educated, fit, funny, kind...ect....., on this site. But the one thing they seem to have in common is that they are divorced.

Sadly the world is full of divorce, and many of the how-to ideas have not really helped in lowering the divorce rate.

It can be such an overwhelming thing to see, when you look at it for the first time with 'dating' eyes. I can appreciate the feeling you may have had, for I felt very simular when I first looked at the site from a dating view.

Thank you for the compliment, even if it was not necessarily a simple one.
 little lady
Msg: 2 (view)

Update... Confused post a few days ago...
Posted: 4/23/2009 5:28:27 PM
I hope you put this update in the other thread so those that were trying to help out and give advise can now be more at ease.
 little lady

Let the beatings begin!
Posted: 4/16/2009 4:39:16 PM
You really should not use the one picture that breaks the picture rule as your main. It's fine to have sunglasses on for the other pictures on your profile, but not for your main picture. (use it because it shows your humor)

You really have a good profile. It's obvious to me that you have looked carefully at how to write it to reflect who you are.

The only change I recommend is that you take the 'if you have a girl friend' hook up off the bottom. When a woman has given you individual attention she is really not wanting to think about her girl friends. If it sparks her mind when she is with her friends she will remember your profile.
 little lady

Problems with VISTA OS & POF??
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:55:42 PM
Hopefully you know that no site IM works. The function is being discontinued. So if this has anything to do with what you are doing, your computer and site functions are not the problem.

I could see with the owner working on the site occasional problems do arrise, but usually more then one person will post a thread about it. Yours' is the only one I've seen today.

You could personally mail a Mod and have them work it out with you. I'd recomend Ticket, for he is really exellent at scanning computers. And yes he can scan yours' through the internet as long as you are both on site at the same time.
 little lady
Msg: 7 (view)

Proof Nothing Is Impossible,
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:24:19 PM
Drawing attention is not wrong, neither is supporting. Adding where someone can locate the trust fund is.

It's just a way for you to be able to support, and stay on, rather then delete.

I don't think anyone here intended any public people. It's more like the person next door. Did you notice that that person actually made it to their car for the first time in a week? Do you know what it feels like to have that as an accomplishment.

Also I would be interested in where her boat/ship/whatever was retro-fitted in order for her to sail it herself? Who built it, and how was the funding accomplished? What was the cost of such a fine vessle?
 little lady

Which good things did your ex bring into your life and are you at peace with them?
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:16:31 PM
The amount of ways my ex. enriched my life, my brain and my self confidence would take more space then this posting offers. Not always by doing it directly, but in one way or another he has. (but...)

I'm not sure about a new love idea, that is to complexed to conceive. But I would be supportive.
 little lady
Msg: 5 (view)

Proof Nothing Is Impossible,
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:57:09 AM
To advertise any trust fund is against POF rules, reguardless of the fund's good contributions to the world.

There are so many things that strike my mind.... but sometimes it's best not to say.
I agree with two of the above poster, Wicked, and Goode.
 little lady

I wish the world would be full of open minded people (Swingers if you'd like)
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:48:15 AM

I will never be in a committed, monogamous relationship ever again ..! Life is to short...!

This is what your ex. did to you, it seems. Yet, you still have complaints in this post about it. Why, if you now feel the same as she did origionally.
 little lady

Best Cloth Diaper Question
Posted: 4/16/2009 10:35:35 AM
I'm a touch to old to know what is on the market right now, but. My doctor specifically informed me to use cotton, natural fiber, diapers on my daughter when I chose to use cloth.
 little lady

profile review please
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:59:26 AM
It's actually against the rules to have sunglasses hiding your eyes in your main picture, so I suggest fixing that before someone does the delete thing. (but it is a nice picture so keep it on your profile as a second or third)

The first line of your about me section reads like it should be in your interests section. Adjust that.

Then try writing two or three paragraphs, seperate your sentences so it's a comfortable read, but stay with one thought through the paragraph. Maybe one about you, and one about who you are looking for.

The above poster is right, negative does not help a profile. Even if you don't want mind games and junkies, positive is far better then pointing out what most feel is obvious.

Best wishes,
LL
 little lady
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 4/16/2009 9:49:58 AM
Did everyone here take the compliment? So many wonderful people are in the world, whether physical, spiritual, or just their feet smell good.

Years ago our Grandparents didn't have the right to choose staying in a marriage or leaving. We now have choice, which we have fought for. Therefore we also have the right to make bad choices and change our minds.
 little lady
Msg: 20 (view)

Axe to grind
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:37:42 AM
I would have replied letting him know that it's supprising that he should feel that way, and then spend time to mail.

He just couldn't be that conserned about his time, and more upset that someone as beautiful as you, was not available.
 little lady
Msg: 100 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:34:56 AM
O C,
I've not found any in my area, and I have seriously looked, using Doctors, Nurses, and many other professionals to assist in finding assistance. The only one I found is the 1-800 # federally, and paid for by both the tax payer and the tabacco industry. (smokers money)
-------------------------------------------------------
I always understood, that drug addiction assistance was paid for by the tax payer. From DEA, Customs, Police, and the legal system that most addicts can't pay. If an addict is charged, they get a tax payer lawyer, and go through the system paid for by tax payers.

Often if it is a first offence, from my knowledge, they will be given an offer to go into treatment. Now who pays for all this, tax payers from my understanding.

My mistake.
 little lady
Msg: 98 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 10:57:29 PM
This is so often such a heated subject. But like liquor laws things change back and forth through the years depending on the fighters.

If smokers really wanted they could try to get backing from tobacco companines, and I think there is plenty of money available there, to fight the issue. But they don't seem to be doing that.

Have non-smokers tried to help even one smoker try to quit? Do they put themselves into the health of the smoker that they may not know, like the smoker has to consider the health of the non-smoker.

Are governments seriously trying to help smokers quit? Are non-smokers trying to make government, and their tax dollars go towards free help to quit.

Not that I've ever come across.
 little lady
Msg: 91 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:52:56 PM
Funny how the topic turned from people smoking three feet from a building's front door to this. Doesn't change the reality of the issue, though--smoking is on its way out, into the history books with America's other mistakes. Like slavery. Yeah, I went there

There is nothing in the OP about smokin with in three feet from a building. The OP has been walked over long ago, and it would be respectable for some to look back and see what she was saying.

Smoking being on the way out is response to the OP.
 little lady
Msg: 89 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:21:26 PM
Does the Declaration state you have a right not to smoke. I didn't think it indicated one way or the other.

But please keep in mind I'm Canadian
 little lady

Last 5 forum posts shown on profile?
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:15:19 PM
They go on your profile after around 8 posts, and there is no way to control that.

What you can control is what the last five posts say. You could look around the forums before you log off, or just occasionally, and post five things in nice threads. This may be cheating a bit but I know a few that do it.

Always keep in mind your public words on this site are just that, public.
 little lady
Msg: 9 (view)

If you could have a conversation with any historical figures
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:03:11 PM
Pope Alexander VI/de Borjia, and ask him about the orgiy/ballad of the Chestnuts that occured in the the pallazo.
 little lady
Msg: 87 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:35:08 PM
I'm not American so I have not had a need to read the Constitution, but:

Does it state that you have a right to drink alcohol, milk, coffee?

This doesn't sound reasonable that a Constitution would list personal rights in such a way. A business owner has to right to choose who he serves as long as it is not by race, creed, sex, hair colour (I hope...:)), or anything that one can not control.

But please, this is just how I would look at it, considering it was signed by slave owners who had mistresses.

Edit: The laws you speak of were in place before you opened your business. Therefore you could try to change them according to your personal wish. I feel you have the right to try to change them.
 little lady
Msg: 11 (view)

Fragrance Allergy
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:27:09 PM
My sister went into anafalactic shock with the person wearing the smell over two feet away. She had to have emergency response, and I do mean imediate.

I love her very much, but, I'm sorry I don't feel she has a right to change the policy of the entire business, maybe a distance from her desk.

But in my opinion, her first consern should be to protect herself with a mask, or something that protects her.
 little lady
Msg: 84 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:01:21 PM
Many Mom & Pop type businesses went out of business in our area, and the employees as well as the owners have suffered as well as the ecconomy that that produces. Non smokers suffer when the ecconomy falls.

Now it's third hand smoke that is the consern of non smokers and the public issues are starting to boil. I don't have much knowledge of this, but I have seen so many articles show up.

Every person has a right to choose where they go. If I invite someone into my enviroment often I don't smoke if it bothers them. Even in my home, car or whatever.

I'm not rude to non smokers, I'm just one that believes that a privately owned business that is open to the public, because that owner chose to invite him, doesn't have the right to make the rules for his business.

When an owner bans someone from his business the public doesn't have a right to change his mind. These things are all rights to the business owner. Maybe he would want to ban all blonds, I'd respect that.
 little lady
Msg: 9 (view)

Fragrance Allergy
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:49:54 PM
I have to agree. I was shocked when I was informed. I understand that it is only for the younger grades, under grade three if I recall correctly.

Where do we go ... maybe make employees wear masks.

These issuse can be so hard to answer with out becoming over zealous. There is now third hand smoke issues which I have not fully checked into.
 little lady
Msg: 6 (view)

My profile - the good, the bad, the ugly... Reviews welcome.
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:46:15 PM
Jake,

I think you may have a positive experience on the site. I wish you well.

Smiles,
LL
 little lady
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 4/15/2009 6:34:14 PM
Howard Hughes, conserning how bras have changed and the good he did....lol

Hey that could be really interesting.

But then there are so many subjects that I would want to talk to him about... his will is another.

Plato, Hitler, God ,... oh please give me a moment with Moses, Jesus, ... King Henry the any number. Edward III, Mohamad,... I'm not sure there would ever be a stop.

Edit: and Edgar Cayce
 little lady

Fragrance Allergy
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:29:02 PM
Schools in Ontario now have informed parents that their children are not allowed to eat peanuts, in any form, at home or in school. The oil can be transphered through sweat, and other personal moisture for several days after eating them.

You can actually kill someone if you have it go through your sperm. Something to think about.
 little lady
Msg: 83 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:11:37 PM
I appologise, I only looked at this issue, and did not look at you fully. I appologise deeply.

To me the 20%/80% is not important, it's that he has had his choice taken away. People don't have to work for a person that allows smoking, perfumes, or other things that can cause health issues.

My Grandfather & Grandmother smoked all their lives and died at very old ages. Severeal of my Uncles as well live a very long life. Maybe they could have live longer, but my Grandfather died of a broken heart at 86, my Uncle the same at 84. All smoked before they were ten.

Yes, death by cigarette smoke happens, but the choice of the establishment should be left to the owner. Not made by tax payers. JMHO
 little lady
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/15/2009 5:53:32 PM
Einstein, for hair
L. Ron Hubbard for drugs...lol
Oppenheimer conserning homes
McKenzie about camping, oh Lewis and Clark as well.
Pocahontas conserning public relations and how women's rights have changed.
The entire Donner Party, about diet.

The list would be never ending, and I certianally hope one day I have the opportunity.
 little lady
Msg: 80 (view)

If you are a smoker.
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:38:53 PM
Optimistically_Cynical,

Have you considered being fully honest and taking the 'Optimistically' out of your name.

Prior to the change in law for restaraunts a few very well know establishments did cigarette smoke test. Their results showed that no smoke came into the non-smoking area. NONE

If the law change and stated that because I have a Fire Arms Carry Loaded licence, yes in Ontario, and I'm not a cop. I can walk into your house with it, would you complain? Of course you would if I was not invited. Business owner have a right to choose who they wish to serve, just like you have a right to choose who comes in your house. Businesses are not public property.

The restaraunt owner owns that establishment and pays his taxes, just like anyone else. It is a non-smoker's choice to enter his business. Why do tax payers that do not pay his taxes directly have a right to make the laws for his business. It would be the same as me pushing for laws for your home.

P.S. I only smoke around someone that doesn't want me to in my own home. If anyone requested me not to I put it out, and occasionally I will do it in my house, but my choice.
 little lady

Users who are really into you
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:24:12 PM
The women have selected simular interests and options on this site. That is how the filter connect you. They must have several simular items in their profile, but I'm not sure how many.
 little lady

Fragrance Allergy
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:09:45 PM
Talk to your employer and see if you can carefully put in that he would be responsible if you are classified injured on the job due to something he could have prevented. At least look into the legalities of it.

In Texas, I really don't know where you would stand, but I'm sure on the job health protection should help you.
 little lady

Appreciate any feedback.
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:40:18 PM
I found it, and I will send it private email.

Smiles,
LL
 little lady

Appreciate any feedback.
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:13:24 PM
I'd suggest, of the pictures I saw #2 or the last one. If you wish to avoid including the child on your lap, go with the last one.

Your profile sounds really nice. You sound like an open person that would be easy to talk to, but.

The last line that tells that you were married for 22 year, I'd exclude. I feel that you still have pain emotionally, and it shows in these words. I truely am sorry for your loss.

But on a date site most don't want to meet the loss, hear about them sure, but not meet them on the profile. Often people put the "if you lost someone from cancer, put this on your profile" special logo, on their profile in order to respect the person they lost. I suggest that instead.

My appologies to all those that have the insignia on their profile. I really could not retype it off the top of my head.
LL
 little lady

what do you think about plastic surgery????
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:00:54 PM
If it broke, I'd have it fixed which can often take plastic surgery. If not then I'm not sure.... but time is catching up on me, so my answer may change.
 little lady

I would appreciate it
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:24:30 PM
This thread has been up for a while now, and I have the feeling no one has commented because your profile is really good. There is nothing really needed.

But I'm going to anyway.
You could put something in about the woman you are looking for, but for now I'd leave it.

Best Wishes,
LL
P.S.: Your comment about 'Hanes in a 3 pack' made me giggle because I thought of nylons....hehe.
 little lady

Spare a few minutes?
Posted: 4/15/2009 1:54:07 PM
I'm sorry to say that I'm not fond of your User Name, unless you really want women to think that you are into Dom Sex, which your user name implies. For a gaming site it could be really cool, but for a date site it doesn't give a good first impression.

I've also been here long enough to see 'nice guys finish first' a few hundred times. I origionally thought it was okay, but now after playing in the forums for years, it's not always looked upon kindly.

You have a nice about me section, especially considering your age. Most young men don't express themselves well, and you have.

But if you can think of a few things to say about a woman that you would like to meet, find for long term, or what, add a bit of that.

Best Wishes,
LL
 little lady
Msg: 13 (view)

Very Excited ... Until The First Date
Posted: 4/15/2009 1:21:29 PM
it might be that you sparked on the phone and because of that her imagination took her into unreal expectations. Try keeping your phone calls calmer, and see if that helps.
 little lady

How Safe Is To Use a Used Breast Pumped?
Posted: 4/15/2009 1:12:05 PM
Sterilized it should be just fine. Personally I would use boiling water as well as rubbing alcohol, and maybe even check if I could microwave it to sterilize it.

There will be no problem caused by the prior user. Just be sure that any rubber it has on it is in good condition.
 little lady

Please have a look
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:46:31 PM
Maybe try putting a bit of that in your profile and letting women know that you are open hearted, and open minded about love.

e.g. "Women are such wonderments, I'm not sure how to describe one, never mind the one I may want.... :D"

Edit:
\/\/\/Yes, of course, it is what came to mind because of you. So honestly it is yours'.
 little lady

help someone else used my account tosend messages
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:26:46 PM
But Cowboy, keep in mind a posting like this could look like someone is truely innocent.... hrmm...
 little lady

Please have a look
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:15:38 PM
You have a very nice main picture which can help get replies. Your other pictures are also very good.

I wouldn't worry about the Is, they just end up being there sometimes, and readers often expect it. But you say nothing about who you are looking for.

Maybe adding a bit of that will distract your eyes from your own Is.

P.S.: Now I'm hungry...hehe
 little lady

help someone else used my account tosend messages
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:03:16 PM
How would someone have got your password?

It becomes your responsibility when you don't secure your password. If there seriously is a problem with someone accessing your account, you should change your password immediatly.

Also email a mod for assistance.
 little lady

Guys or Girls: Will you rate my profile?
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:50:16 AM
Personally I'd put the picture that shows 5th on your profile as your main. I really is a nice look.

I agree with Gorbzy conserning your written. Much of the things you list as interesting should be in the interests section. This can help with searching for a partner that has the same interests as you. When you look at a profile and those interests are blue, it's a jump link to people that have the same interests and are looking for the same type of partner as you specify.

Your profile doesn't read, it is just words. There is a very good profile review instruction thread pinned at the top of the Profile Review Forums. Try some of the instructions in it.
 little lady

SUGGESTION: A 'delete' box next to the 'MyForums' list
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:34:09 AM
I think it might be a little to much to ask, to have your forums list the way you want, but have another user search your forums, would they come up including the ones deleted?

This is the issue. If I search your history, or you as a user, I can find the last 50 you have posted into. But if you had deleted them, should POF set up a different filter so I can find them?, or is it a special filter so you don't have to see them?

Why have more filters and more issues for Markus?
 little lady

Lets have less privacy
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:29:06 AM

IDK, I get turned off when I see a long list of testimonials on a profile. Especially if they're written by someone's daughter, etc. To me, they are nothing more than biased opinions written for the sole purpose of promoting someone else.

This is one of the reasons I find it would be interesting to see all the testimonials that a user has posted on other's profiles. I'd like to see if they talk all sugarie about other people, or from the heart. Do they put up testimonials just to show up all over the site, or honestly have decent things to say about other people.

Many insights can be learned by someone writing about someone else.
 little lady

New here; looking for feedback
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:37:46 AM
I agree with maddybeagle, he is very correct about the amount of pictures it takes in order to get a few good ones. But also use the few, not just one.

Other then that there really is not much to say. You have structured a good profile, and given time things should go well on the site.
 little lady

Comedy Conundrum - NOT a joke review
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:06:20 AM
Okay, I'll give it a try. But in two sections.

First your main picture is not considerate to the person you are trying to make contact with. It implies that you find little ornaments more important then your own face. Now what would have someone thinking that they may ever be important to you, if they are not an ornament?

You do have one good picture, use it as your main.

The other pictures seem to be in order of joke, first. Not sincere, opening you to other, but a hiden person behind jokes. Even the most famous comedian has a personality that should come first in their personal life, and dating is personal life.

Edit:
Okay, I tried to read your profile, but I found I couldn't continue. Possibly this is why a comment has not been mentioned until now. It's long, and full of unconnecting ideas.
Sure it's great for people to have an idea of who you are, but you really need to take time to get to know someone. Pull back a bunch.

There is a very good thread at the top of the Profile Review Forums, please take time to read it and reconstruct your profile.
 little lady

SUGGESTION: A 'delete' box next to the 'MyForums' list
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:27:58 AM
Wouldn't that defeat the ability of other to see that you are week in controling your opinion? Or maybe speak before you think?

I understand that the forum connection to our username and profiles is to show others how we interact with others. To be able to delete threads would possibly defeat the intent.
 little lady

Lets have less privacy
Posted: 4/14/2009 10:52:27 PM
I'd like to see 'view all testimonials by user'. Sometimes it can give good insight to see how someone speaks of their friends.
 little lady
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 4/14/2009 10:43:32 PM
Indeed. Good looking people usually get their way so everything comes easy for them.

I have to admit, I'm a little tired. But please this type of opinion which is shown so many times on this site has finally got to me.

I really wonder if you really see them, or just what you want to see. For believe me I can tell, and prove that it is in no way an option just because of looks. I'm living proof and have been all my life.

It is one of the cruelest opinions I have ever read, but of course acceptable because the person has looks.

Show ALL Forums