Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do you get dizzy after sex?
 Galahad54
Msg: 80 (view)

Do you get dizzy after sex?
Posted: 3/11/2010 10:50:20 PM

And it's not with just one woman

I would get dizzy if it's not just one woman, too. I think.
 Galahad54
Msg: 79 (view)

Do you get dizzy after sex?
Posted: 3/11/2010 10:43:08 PM

but some times i smoke after sex

That's odd... sometimes I smoke during sex, but that just means I need to use better lube. I'm not Jewish, but I'm told it's Zion's friction.
 Galahad54
Msg: 39 (view)

AARP
Posted: 3/11/2010 10:38:29 PM

sex doesn't mean love, relationship, or a second date

I've noticed that (sob). That's why I always end my first dates early - say, after five minutes. Then we can immediately start our second date and do the things that I would NEVER do on a first date. Beyond sex, this might include flea markets (let me know ahead of time so I can wear my flea collar), art fairs (a fair for all and no fare for anybody - that's right, it's free) , or amusement parks - I'm most amused by the park were we can neck all night long, or until the policeman make us move.
 Galahad54
Msg: 8 (view)

Ever find your ex's profile on a dating site?
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:31:30 PM
My ex showed up as a 93% match. I want to tinker a bit with their algorithm. Mostly any woman who shows up at over 70% rides motorcycles (I don't) , has tattoos (I don't), has a stated preference for black men (I'm not) or is a cougar (I'm their age) or some combination of the above.
 Galahad54
Msg: 12 (view)

A What if scenario
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:13:08 PM
Come on, everyone knows that the Zombie Survival Guide (hereafter referred to as ZSG) has a lot of dangerous information in it; so much so, that I suspected the author as a "gray" (secret supporter of Zombbies).

1. Headshots should only be done at a distance, as zombies do have fluids running. Nothing like getting infected by a splashy kill.

2. Boats? You have 700 zombies hanging on your anchor chain, you are in deep trouble.

3. High defendable place? The Native American tried it at Starved Rock. (Pay no attention to to the tourist information; of course they're going to play down the zombie angle.)

4. Treehouse to the mall. Did we learn nothing from Dawn of the Dead?

Give me a clean suit and a chainsaw. Plus enough thermite to burn them all.
 Galahad54
Msg: 16 (view)

Worst thing you/someone else said after sex??
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:40:32 PM
Simultaneous ejaculations: verbal, not ****
Me: Was it as good for you as it was for me?
She: Is it in yet?

She (looking over my shoulder): Honey, want a three way? Only time I ever faked an o****. Or needed to.

She: (after proposing to me on a first date): It'd be real convenient if we got married. My boyfriend lives just around the corner.

Now: 2 and 3 are TRUE. Only #1 was made up.
 Galahad54
Msg: 41 (view)

My Friend, Girlfriend was borne with a Mr. Winkler!
Posted: 4/2/2009 1:36:52 PM
OP:

I'm amazed at all of the people here who can't read simple, declarative sentences. OP said "friend and his GF" but many of you are making them into a married couple. Others read transsexual when OP was clear surgery happened in infancy.

If the woman had been able to get pregnant, the boyfriend may never have known - nor needed to know. That said, I understand that some people, the boyfriend included, have trouble dealing emotionally when finding out. I would regard it as just one infertile couple, and not let irrelevant details intrude.
 Galahad54
Msg: 90 (view)

Strangest Pick up lines
Posted: 12/20/2008 4:05:34 AM
Vir Cotto has six
but our Impie has seven
G-strings hold the veils
of her fair way to heaven

Impresaria has pluck
PeteredOut's out of luck
Harlan E.'s just a f**k
Harlan S. also plucks

Two notes of the chord
both G-strings near our heart
too precious to hoard
lest it tear us apart

I fear all this rime
leaves me quite out of time
and not reaching full scope
of our life's hope

three days after solstice
we'll celebrate the day after
Merry Christmas to all
Share with joy, love and laughter
 Galahad54
Msg: 23 (view)

Curious..Why do men think they have to have the perfect 10 in a woman?
Posted: 5/1/2008 12:03:13 AM
Hey, it's a common question. In order for a woman to get a '10' from me, she has to have good taste in men. In other words, she has to be hot over me. Physical attaction? I can get attracted to a woman if she can carry on a conversation, and be open about who she is and what she wants. Kissing is important, but since I don't get a chance to kiss every woman (would get chapped lips!), I have to rely on the woman's inner beauty.

I do have one small advantage: my martial arts instructor taught me how to pick out 'hot' women. It's very simple, and amusing to boot. A stable personality, though, in that she's not looking for greener grass, is critical. Patience, and the ability to lose patience, is what I need. Today? Sooner is better than never.
 Galahad54
Msg: 588 (view)

Sunshine - Galahad
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:15:50 PM
Well, I was in New York City (you know what I'm talking about) in '65, tring to make it. Couldn't get no gigs, no chix, nothin'. So I was out in the streets lookin; good, high on cocaine, you know I smoked a lot of grass, un hum, and popped a lot of pills, and I shot a load of smack, and I copped a whole lot of thrills. And I came down to the Cafe Wha, bass guitar in my hand, and I'm watching this guitarist play like it was yesterday.
Lef-handed, underhanded, I ain't seen nothing like it to this day. I swear, he played with his tongue. And after, I follow along 'cause I've this acide, see, orange sunshine and purple stuff, too. And I take some, and lay it on the dude, and we jammin' and I get inspired. And Jimmy he stops playing and looks at me in the weirdest way (or maybe it was the acid) and he starts playing what I'm playing and then he puts down the guitar, real reverent like, and he says "Can I play that?" and I say sure, and then I ask if I can play Bobbie Joy and the room goes dead silent. He nods his head, yes, and I just play a thing, and then we switch back, and he just takes that thing and... (tape runs out)

SUNSHINE

Sunshine sweet sunshine sure makes mw tired
Wait til the moon lights then I'm in stride
Laughing at madman sure takes its toll (takes its toll)
Loving the sandman isn't he cruel

Lithium carbonate makes me go blind
Home is the hangman when I'm inside
Madness sweet madness (it) rips through my soul (through my soul)
Manic depression and losing control

(Instumental)

LSD-25 helps me stay sane
I need you I want you I cry out your name
Woman sweet woman I got to caress and kiss (and kiss)
Manic depression soft kiss and sweet bliss soft kiss now sweet bliss

(Instrumental)

Music and madness (its) all just the same
Better get used to it playing the game
Music sweet music (it) rips through my soul (through my soul)
Manic depression and lose all control
Madness sweet madness sweet music sweet madness sweet madness sweet ...
 Galahad54
Msg: 65 (view)

STRANGE FIRST DATE REQUESTS
Posted: 1/18/2008 2:51:55 AM
My weirdest request:

I was on a first date with a professional actress (she asked me out), and after I asked her to take off her earphones, we started a conversation.

About three sentences in, I mention where I live, and she asks, "Will you marry me? It'd be really convenient for me. My boyfriend lives just around the corner."

I was stunned. The next day, my boss took me aside, said he saw me with her. I was mortified. He wanted to know how it went, and I just wanted to end the conversation and crawl in a hole.

She *did* ask me for a second date. I went, on condition that it wasn't a date, and learned the secrets of the Illuminati...
 Galahad54
Msg: 26 (view)

Longest relationship...
Posted: 1/17/2008 11:12:10 PM
Debi: ... I wouldn't change a thing! ...

Absolutely. Although I do have a couple of ...what if... moments in my life.

I've had relationships with my family all my life, but I think you mean romantic relationships, starting with when they started to get romantic, until breakup.

That would be ... three years and five months. It's depressing. I want one woman, one lifetime... and maybe the next lifetime as well. So I'm changing my standards - not raising them, just understading better what I absolutely need, and what is irrelevant.

Needs: joy, laughter, happy inside, 60/40 (some people take 50/50 to an extreme, and I won't do 100/0 again, either; 110/110 could work, though). Kisses, and an active life - don't have cable, haven't for five years. Time enough for love. Honesty, but not the kind of "total honesty" that deliberately hurts feelings. Compromise, mutual hard work, sharing dreams.

First marriage was more meaningful, as we had two children, some happy moments, much pain (she had and continues to suffer from depression), and with divorce I started seeing colors again (hadn't known I was in a gray world until it was over).

Oh dear, I've said quite a bit. Read and learn, as you will.

Thomas
 Galahad54
Msg: 10 (view)

What is the worst gift your boy/girlfriend ever gave you and what would have been meaningful?
Posted: 1/17/2008 10:51:14 PM
Wellllllllllllll...

I was married for a year and nine months, and my lovely (second ex) wife gave me a phone number - for an apartment complex. I'm still there.

Best gift: first wife - Valentine's Day - married a month - pregnancy test results. She's (daughter, not ex-wife) 20 now, and I tell her she's my favorite daughter - she points out she's my only daughter. Doesn't mater; she's still my favorite.

Thomas
 Galahad54
Msg: 42 (view)

Prostitution: a Prep School for Marriage?
Posted: 1/7/2008 11:17:39 PM
Indigo Rose:

For a woman who lists "cow tipper" as her profession, y'all sure gave a lot of thought to the prostitution question. So I've got some questions, see?

1. How much do you tip a cow? Is it 15%, or does it depend on the service?
2. Not *all* women give up sex when they get a ring. One kept it up until second child, and the other cut me off when I didn't turn over my entire unemployment check, in addition to the 70K that I never saw. It averages out.
3. While some women rent themselves to feed their kids, better than half are supporting a drug habit, their own, their pimps, or both.
Dang! The last two weren't questions! Ah, well. Final observation: the ones that give good service tend to be under 18 or over 35 - not that I associate with underage, but they aren't always jaded yet, and the elders need repeat business, and also often enjoy their profession.
 Galahad54
Msg: 102 (view)

RE Obama: Is AMerica Ready for a Black President?
Posted: 12/31/2007 12:27:38 AM

I'd suggest checking out Obama's voting record , over at Project Vote Smart:

http://www.vote-smart.org/

Excellent idea. Of course, I give him about a 4% rating, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

And yes, a politician's votes are more important than his words. Just as Bush's actual appointments of Roberts and Alito are more important than his nomination of Myers.

And Clinton's multi-year association with captured fugitive felon Norman Hsu in multi-million fund raiser, including $850,000 for Clinton 2008, including a reported $45,000 in donations from a man with income of - $45,000, living at an address that captured fugitive felon Norman Hsu listed as - his address, listed as employed by - captured fugitive felon Norman Hsu.
 Galahad54
Msg: 101 (view)

RE Obama: Is AMerica Ready for a Black President?
Posted: 12/30/2007 10:47:59 PM

From what I understand, Obamas father was a Muslim, however if I am not mistaken he himself is a Pentecostal Christian

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.'s father (Barack Hussein Obama, Sr.) is Kenyan by birth, and moved to Indonesia. Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. divorced Stanley Ann Obama (nee Dunham, born Kansas) when Osama Jr. was two. For five years, Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. attended school in Indonesia, two years in a Catholic school, and two in an Indonesian public school. Indonesia is 88% Muslim, 5% Protestant, 3% Catholic, with the remainder mostly Hindu or Buddhist.

Obama Jr.'s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham (1942-1995) (yes, her first name was Stanley. Imagine growing up with that!) was a devout atheist. Born in Kansas, went to high school outside Seattle in the 1950s, where she read Ayn Rand, H.L. Mencken, Sartre, Kierkegeard and 'The Communist Manifesto'. By then, her parents were Unitarian. In Hawaii for college, she met Barack Obama Sr. (1936-1982). They married, had Barack Hussein Obama, and after he went to Harvard, their marriage ended. After completing his PhD. in economics at Harvard, Barack Hussein Obama Sr. returned to Kenya, where he became a senior economist in the Kenyan Ministry of Finance. He died of a car crash in Nairobi in 1982.

Stanley Ann Dunham remarried another Muslim, Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian student, and moved with him to Indonesia in 1967 with Barack, now 6. From here, the story gets convoluted. Obama Jr. has two half-brothers and five half-sisters. But Barack moved back to Hawaii when he was 10. His mother returned to Indonesia with his half-sister, Maya, who now teaches at the University of Hawaii.

It would appear that Stanley Ann Dunham moved her son back to Hawaii so that he *wouldn't* become Moslem.

Obama now belongs to Trinity United Church of Christ (think Unitarian light). It's mostly black, and like many churches in America, black and white, sometimes its rhetoric can be quoted to appear separatist. But Obama's friends want him to be rainbow, and his enemies want him to be extreme.

I will assume, until evidence presents itself to the contrary, that his religious views are black, urban, United Church of Christ. In other words, at least as mainstream as Romney.
 Galahad54
Msg: 16 (view)

Obama And Hillary
Posted: 12/30/2007 9:34:40 PM
SpaceSquirrel:

Are you campaigning for Ron Paul?

Everything you said is a negative for Kucinich and a positive for Paul. You might mention both would wind down the war against some people who use some drugs, or that Paul has attracted the fringe Art Bell/John Birch/911 "Truth"/White Supremicist/hemp crowd.

Now, if he were a professional wrestler or actor, he would have a fighting chance. But an OB/GYN? He'll never get the support of LVW/NOW/NARAL/NEA (but I repeat myself).
 Galahad54

Anybody?
Posted: 12/30/2007 9:05:10 PM
Actually, if we were to have a Congress and a President with a will to act, we could be a net exporter of energy by 2014. The other nations that could make a meaningful difference are Canada, Russia, and Niger.

Canada and Niger have vast quantities of uranium. Russia has a lot of weapons-grade uranium that could be converted to fuel rods. The U.S.? We have vast coal fields that we can mine and liquefy into gasoline, jet fuel and heating oil, keeping oil between $40-$60 for the next 40 years. Long before then, solar power satellites can meet our energy needs indefinitely.

So, it's a matter of political will. Do we have the will? Not yet; when we do, it will be obvious enough. I expect China and India to push the U.S. in that direction so that they can have access to more energy. Russia, however, benefits from high oil prices, and thus is allied with Canada, the Middle East and Venezuela.

When the political middle (conservative Democrats and moderate Republicans) decides to throw the deep ecologist/global warming/Gaea crowd off the roof, it will happen. Probably in the 2012-2014 timeframe. Expect oil to peak around $160-$500 before then, though. And expect China and India to lead the push, because they will have more pain.

Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst III
 Galahad54
Msg: 18 (view)

What U.S. Constitutional Amendment would you add ?
Posted: 12/30/2007 5:52:48 PM
Naw. I would go to war with Canada, lose badly, and let Canada annex Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, D.C., Northern Virginia, Detroit, coastal Washington, coastal Oregon, and coastal California.

The U.S. would get Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Manitoba. Canada would keep Vancouver. But I think the Canadians are too smart for that.

So instead, I'd like the U.S. to adopt three features of the New Hampshire Constitution: Articles 10, 12, 13, and to respect New Hampshire Article 25.
 Galahad54
Msg: 15 (view)

What U.S. Constitutional Amendment would you add ?
Posted: 12/30/2007 4:59:13 PM
1. Shorten the first Amendment to: "Congress shall make no law." Repeal amendments 16, 17, 19, 20, and 22-27.
2. Five year sunset on all laws, current and new, including tax and spending laws. New laws to be passed only by 2/3 vote House, Senate, and people.
3.After (1) and (2) approved, mandatory death penalty for proposing a law with less than 2/3 approval in vote of people. No appeal.
4. If executive branch, policemen, prosecutors, and/or judges misinterpret the law, their interpretation subject to (2) and (3) (requires 2/3 vote of House, Senate and people to remain in office. If egregious, requires 2/3 approval of House, Senate and people to remain breathing.)
 Galahad54
Msg: 52 (view)

FREE Federalized Health Care
Posted: 12/30/2007 4:22:01 PM

We should have UHC for many many reasons...

I distrust any such statement that includes the word *should*. I find deception, that is lies, hidden in the statement.

There are a great many things I would *like* to have. In order to get them, I work hard. When I was divorce, I was required to provide health insurance for my kids. It cost $450 per month, with my employer paying most of it. When my income dropped from $4,500/month to $450/month, that payment did not decrease, and my employer paid none of it. I could say someone else *should* pay it, but it was *my* responsibility.

My kids are happy and healthy adults. I am still poor, but I never expected someone else to come rescue me. I would like *less* government spending in medical care, because it only raises the prices doctors and hospitals charge. Government spending for university raises tuition and salaries of professors. Government spending for ethanol subsidies raises the prices for all or almost all food. I want *less* government than I pay for, and I pay very little.

end rant
 Galahad54
Msg: 12 (view)

Go 20 Years Without Changing a Light Bulb
Posted: 12/30/2007 3:57:59 PM

Wow how many capitalists does it take to screw in a 100 dollar light bulb ?

Two - that's why they're working on increasing the size of the LEDs - soon, they'll be as big as a Subaru (hopefully, with a better shape).
 Galahad54
Msg: 84 (view)

Fox News Ratings are in the tank
Posted: 12/30/2007 3:40:49 PM

Haffner finds it quite telling that none of his acquaintances saw anything out
of the ordinary in the fact that, from then on, one's telephone would be tapped,
one's letters opened, and one's desk might be broken into.

The truth exists. Hitler *was* popular. Putin *is* popular. And Stalin and Pol Pot didn't need to be popular. They just needed enough people with guns to follow their orders.

On to Fox News. In the latest Presidential cycle (2004), Fox executives donated 80% to one political party. Any guesses which one?

Wrong. Fox execs were 80% into Democrats. ABC and NBC were about 92% and 95% donations to Democrats. And CBS? Not a one donated to a Republican in 2004. Yes, 100% donated to Democrats.

Most news organizations are headquartered in large cities, especially New York and Washington. Washington, D.C. went 90% Kerry, 9% Bush, and 1% Nader. New York State went 59% Kerry, 40% Bush, 1% Nader, but in the NYC metro, it was: Bronx 83% Kerry, Brooklyn 75% Kerry, Manhattan 82% Kerry, and Queens 72%. And among their peers (other network news staff), it was Kerry 92%, Bush 6% and Nader 1%. So if only 6% of the people you talk to support Bush, but nationally it's 51%, your perceptions will differ.

Ratings at Fox News are down because, in the perception of Fox's audience, Fox has both moved towards the center and gotten more fluff. I used to offer Rush Limbaugh haters a bottle of Snapple. Of course, none of them had ever listened to his show, so didn't know that, then, Snapple was his single biggest advertiser.

That doen't mean I like the FBI snooping on every single bloody POF forum posting, sniffing for possible terrorist communication.

Allah Hu Allah la illah ha il Allah Elohim Echad Elohim Gadol

Galahad54
Msg: 7 (view)

Email Reader
Posted: 12/30/2007 1:23:40 PM

Dating and other sites use a more random password, that is then saved into firefox and then use a master password

It's a little more convoluted than that, but essentially correct. As an amateur 'gray hat' [white hats are the site operators and their security guys - black hats are spammers, scammers, and crackers - gray hats help white hats stop black hats by learning the techniques of black hats], there are at least seven ways I can read your e-mail, four without you detecting it afterwards.

The most likely way to do it, though, is to get your user name and password. Social engineering, guessing, cracking and keylogging are the common methods. Any lazy person would use keylogging, and resort to the others only if necessary. Many mail readers have the option of setting the mail to unread, making it possible for someone to hide their tracks.

Of course, there are ways to protect yourself. A good password is one. Getting your email from https: rather than http: is another. If you are concerned, change your password, download often and securing your machine and email. A honeypot (making up juicy email and seeing if your target bites) works - but I wouldn't do that in a romantic relationship - smacks too much of games.
 Galahad54
Msg: 211 (view)

~New Years Eve Party at Luckys Dec. 31st 7pm to Close~
Posted: 12/27/2007 5:50:32 PM

<<<<<<<<<<< Still the queen!!!!! Beg to differ?????

Oh, please, oh please, let me differ!
 Galahad54
Msg: 11 (view)

Why do people ask for their date's 'number' (of sexual partners)?
Posted: 12/24/2007 12:22:50 AM
Athulatha:

After my divorce, I joined a group that, among other things, got people to take care of themselves - in other words, not having casual sex.

By the numbers: If, over a one-year period, I have sex with one woman, and she the same, then over a 10-year period, if I have sex with 10 women, I have been exposed to (on average) 2^10-1 people, that is to say 1,023 men and women.

If, like some I know, I had sex with 4 women a year, and the same, the number is: 2^40-1, or 1 trillions men and women.

Now, it actually works out to less than that, but at some point, if the numbers keep increasing, the odds are that I will have had sex with a promiscuous woman, or a woman who has had sex with a promiscuous man. I know men who have *averaged* sex with 100 women a year, and women who have *averaged* sex with 1,000 men a year. I purposely avoided having sex with anyone in their sexual social circles.

Of course, we have tests for many of these diseases. Still, honesty, faithfulness, and safety matter, as HPV and herpes 2 and 6 can be tough to detect when not active, and I've lost count of the number of types of hepatitis, not being a medical professional.

Oh, and I've never held a top-secret clearance, but I do know the difference between Sunni, Shia, Sufi and Kurd, and between Arab, Persian (never cared for the word 'Iran'), Indonesian, and Sri Lankan. Best luck fishing!

Allah Hu Allah la illah ha il Allah Elohim Echad Elohim Gadol

Merry Christmas

Galahad54
Msg: 58 (view)

What do you consider playing games?
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:01:59 AM
I learned the BENADRIL game 30 years ago. Never played it. Guy I know wore a wedding ring to college. He had women falling all over him. But I learned that I can stay unattached just by being myself (a lonely guy from out of town).

No, my real lesson is that 19 out of 20 women aren't the least bit interested in me as a potential mate, lover, or even friend. But that 20th woman - I pay attention. I don't have time to play games with my own or other people's emotions.

On the flip side, I can have a secret crush on every single woman here who shows spark, intelligence, enthusiasm, and wit. Ah oh, I guess my deep secret is out. Personal responsibility. I claim my own mistakes. I don't need to claim anybody elses. Good evening, and find time enough for love.

Thomas
 Galahad54
Msg: 52 (view)

What not to say on a phone when you talk for the first time...
Posted: 12/13/2007 11:24:46 PM
I'd like to meet but I'll be out of town this week. I'm going to be a featured guest on the Jerry Springer Show.

Did you know my roommates? I had a standing invitation for Jenny Jones. But it should have been Sally Jessy Raphael, because I did know where the voodoo witch doctors meet.

More things not to say on the phone:

Hey, Vinnie, did you'se cut up dat heart like I's told you to? Sorry, I thought I was on the other line.

or, on answering the call: Which personality of mine did you meet? Harold? Come out, you unscrupulous sweet-talking mass-murderer, you!

Hello, uh, Lisa? Did we meet at the, uh, "serious" party? We did? Which was was you?
 Galahad54
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/13/2007 11:02:43 PM
sooo how do u feel about phone sex?!

and yes i have heard that one before and he heard the dial tone pretty quick after that!

but you didn't answer the question! Now I won't get any sleep tonight...
FWIW, the place I work used to be a phone sex operation and two of my ex-roommates used to work there then. And, no, I never called them at work. I think.
 Galahad54
Msg: 187 (view)

Pet Peeves
Posted: 12/12/2007 6:07:58 PM
Countrytat - you ain't supposed to notice our things are little.
shinxy and Diana: big is beautiful; only reasons to lose weight are health and to make a better fitting spoon.

My pet peeves (on pof):
1. Folks who are vague about who they are and what they want. I want a 20-something heriress who is kind, thoughtful, thinks older, intelligent men are sexy and is willing to use fertility drugs to push out a couple dozen kiddies. I'm a middle-aged rare-do-well (never say never) who is a geek and occasionally shows signs of humanity (not often humility). Oh, and I'm studlier than Tom Cruise (poor Tom, mumps at 13 I wouldn't wish on any guy, nor trade it for all the money in the world).

2. Busybodies. I never did figure out what dsl stands for (is that adsl or sdsl?) and she is clearly a woman who knows what she wants. Now busy bodies (two words), I can appreciate.

3. Boringness (add to that inability to express yourself). I'm here to chat, sometimes flirt, get to know folk a bit better before hanging out in real time. I'm amazed at the goodness of some, and the arrogance of others. As a friend often said: "You can tell a lot about someone by the way he strangles you."

Oh, things I like: kissing and holding hands. I remember asking a young lady to marry me after the first time we kissed. Yes, it can be that good. Yes, I only asked once that quickly (although that was not the last time I asked *her*).

Be good to each other, and make time to enjoy life.
 Galahad54
Msg: 33 (view)

Sideline's Plenty Of Fish Christmas Holiday Party, Saturday Dec. 29, 2007
Posted: 12/8/2007 3:32:15 AM
I liked your song list, Siciliana, because I actually know some of them - Glenn and Benny and such.

Of course, my band list was a bit obscure. Three of the bands - including the Quarrymen and Johhny and the Moondogs, were bands Paul McCartney was in before he joined Wings.

The Lovely Lads was a band Michael McKean was in before he joined 'Happy Days'.
Would request 'Christmas with the Devil' from Break Like the Wind and 'Start Me Up' from A Mighty Wind.

When I was a heavy dancer, I sometimes got requested to dance to 'Inna Godda Da Vida'. Not quite sure why. maybe it was the drum solo. Or perhaps it was the brass parallel bars.

From The Doors of Perception, I'd dance to 'L.A. Woman' and 'Hello, I Love You'. From QMS, my fav dance tunes are 'Gold and Silver' from debut album and 'Who Do You Love' from Happy Trails.
 Galahad54
Msg: 24 (view)

Sideline's Plenty Of Fish Christmas Holiday Party, Saturday Dec. 29, 2007
Posted: 12/6/2007 2:19:47 AM
I don't know *any* of the songs any of you mentioned. The closest I have is "Baby Got Brak". I think I heard it on the Cartoon Network. I'm more a fan of (and this may date me):

1. Jimmy James and the Blue Flames
2. The Doors of Perception
3. Chicago Transit Authority
4. Quicksilver Messenger Service
5. The Silver Beetles
6. Jefferson Pterodactyl
7. *Jeff* Beck
8. Kingdom Come
9. The Vipers
10. The Quarrymen
11. The Lovely Lads
12. Johnny and the Moondogs
 Galahad54
Msg: 27 (view)

Beatrice Buttcakes Really, Really Bad Advice Column…
Posted: 11/11/2007 2:59:44 AM
Oh, one other thing. I know this woman who has two cell phones and I don't got any. Do you think she'd get upset if I asked her if'n I could use one? I'd even be willing to go on a few dates with her, as long as she unnerstood I might be callin' other girls with numbers that start with 900. Whatcha think?
 Galahad54

Beatrice Buttcakes Really, Really Bad Advice Column…
Posted: 11/11/2007 2:56:31 AM
Dear Beatrice:

I read somewhere that this mayor in Arizona got divorced 9 times, and married 18. Now he ain't a widdderer neither. He's one of them outlaw Mormons. And He won mayors vote 10 to 9 on account of his current wives want to keep him busy, and his ex-wives have orange ...

Anyway, I's seeing a woman, lovely lady who I like, who's been married 4 times and divorced five. Now I ain't so good at countin', that's why I got banned from Vegas, I have to take off my shoes to count above ten, and I thought I had a real good hand at blackjack but I wasn't sure... so after that, I got banned.

On the plus side, I met my second wife in Vegas. Well, she wasn't my wife yet then, and she ain't now, since I had that other problem with counting, but... can you explain?
 Galahad54
Msg: 25 (view)

Have you ever played matchmaker?
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:58:02 PM
Yes, I have played matchmaker many times. How has it worked out?

Well, one (ex)couple: neither will speak to me any more. But they dated five years, which exceeded their previous commitments by four years, eleven months, and 29 days for one, and four years, eleven months, and 30 days for the other. (He had been married for 13 hours when he dumped her. Lucky for him, the certificate had not yet been mailed. She changed.)

Other than that, no long term success, but you work with available materials, in my case, my male friends and my female friends, and if you've ever met my male friends from 5+ years ago - before I got custody of my son, which changed everything - you'd understand and appreciate the challenge.

So, funny girl - Are you game? Are you in season? Are you requesting assistance?
 Galahad54
Msg: 24 (view)

Have you ever played matchmaker?
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:50:56 PM
Does setting myself up with Rosie Palm count?
 Galahad54

Posted: 10/4/2007 1:37:13 AM

"I belong to a retirement nudist colony. Wanna come play volleyball?"

"I belong to the Golden Showers retirement nudist colony. Wanna cum play ball?"
There. Fixed it.

Of course, for some reason my marketing job seems to be on hold.

Things not to say:

"Do you know my wife? Would you like to meat us both?"
"I'm calling long distance, so there better be s*x involved."
"What do you think of L. Ron Hubbard?"
"I'd love to come visit, but it would be violating my parole."
Leonard Nimoy and restraining order in the same sentence.
"I'm test marketing sandpaper condoms for women who like it a little rough."
"I think orange habaneros mixed with glycerin makes the best lube. Don't you?"
"Of course those photos are recent. No, I don't have any in color."
"Your voice is better - heavy brathing - than those 900 numbers."
"Wanna cam?"

and of course:
"Ma! I know you're listening. *pause* Norman, stay away from that sl*t. *pause* *thud* Sorry. I had to step away from the phone. It definitely *won't* happen again."
 Galahad54

Torn between two ...
Posted: 9/26/2007 10:53:54 PM

Y'know, it's not that I wouldn't want to try it...it's just that I wouldn't want to fail at it.

Several of my (former) associates have had triads, quads, or various forms o polyamory. In every one I can think of, no exceptions, this was an unstable/transitory situation. owever, several of them lasted longer than either of my marriages.

My observations: it isn't shallow, however in U.S. culture of 2007, many people are too insecure to be happy. I once dated a woman - counting time as friends (no "benefits") fifteen years. For one year she was polyamorous, six of seven guys (and the one lady) she dated wanted an exclusive relationship. She ended up with the seventh, in an exclusive relationship.

Passion and stability - it's possible to have both - is this what you really want?
 Galahad54
Msg: 25 (view)

Torn between two ...
Posted: 9/26/2007 10:44:25 PM

Is it possable to love more than one person? Im not talking about family or friends.
Is it possable for only one person to fill your wants & needs?

Yes. It is not only possible to love more than one person, it is inevitable.

What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts! - Lazarus Long

The more you love, the more you can love--and the more intensely you love. Nor is there any limit on how many you can love. If a person had Time Enough, he could Love all of the majority who are decent and just. - ibid.

... The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful. - ibid.

It is impossible for a man to love his wife wholeheartedly without loving all women somewhat. I suppose that the converse must be true of women. - Lazarus Long
 Galahad54
Msg: 32 (view)

What are you really looking for?
Posted: 9/26/2007 10:24:44 PM
Dang, when I read the title, "What are you really looking for?" I was thinking 'in the opposite/otherwise desired sex'. Chairs. Food. My hostess (no twinkie jokes, please). Although I could use some Little Debbies.

Not neatness. Had that in previous spice. Interestingness. The unexpected. Please. no bear trap in the latrine, though. I'm a sensitive guy. Comfort. Music. A massage table. Water bed. Leg irons.Black and white spiral on ceiling. Honey, I'm home!
 Galahad54
Msg: 164 (view)

A males guide of what not to say to a women!!!!
Posted: 9/26/2007 10:04:24 PM
Your mama's name is Jolene? What a coincidence. I dated a woman named Jolene in this small town twenty years ago. What's that? You're nineteen and three months and this date is over? Could I get a refund on the hotel room?
 Galahad54
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 9/26/2007 9:57:34 PM
Whaddaya mean the 34A and 42DD bra isn't yours?

And, "Is it in yet?" is in the soon-to-be-launched a females guide of what not to say to a man?

as in "We're both going to the Superbowl Tupperware sale at my mother's."

or "Strike's over! Guess you ain't goin' huntin' tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll take care of all your male friends."
 Galahad54
Msg: 13 (view)

what do you want out of a first date
Posted: 9/26/2007 9:40:59 PM
No one pays much attention, until they try to seduce you. When they see your underwear, those who survive run away very, very fast, and do not talk to anyone about sex ever again. You "do" try to sit down too much, though.

no, wait .... nice conversation, something in common, open-minded, doesn't ask *too* many questions about my rabbits, goats, and black****rels. Someone who has read and understood Magick in Theory and Practice, Diary of a Drug Fiend, The Book of The Law, The Book of Lies, and agrees they are listed in order of increasing significance.

potential minion and recruiter ... possibly for Vorlon Corp.

ha ha only serious
 Galahad54
Msg: 4 (view)

kids at your age?
Posted: 9/26/2007 9:30:27 PM
Because they have plans of world domination using rubber chickens and ... wait ... hmmm ... how did i get on this line of thinking ...

It's Bush's fault ... wrong website ... because I haven't introduced them to my eeeeevil mind control device, or pheremone, because they haven't met *me* yet?

G*d, I'm such a ... sucker for women who seek mad scientists (yes, I *do* have *a* beautiful daughter) ... that's Dru-Zod to you ... Smallville, season six, episode 1?
 Galahad54
Msg: 107 (view)

Posted: 9/25/2007 3:28:01 PM
He: "Would you like to go out drinking?"
She: "Sure! How about ----?"
He: "Nope. Been barred from there."
She: "How about _________?"
He: "No, the bartender there tonight won't serve me."
She: "We could go dancing at *********."
He: "No, the bouncers there threatened to break my legs if I ever came back."
She: "How about your place (batting eyes)?"
He: "Are you kidding? My wife would kill me!"
 Galahad54
Msg: 106 (view)

Posted: 9/25/2007 3:23:14 PM
Would you like to go looking for jewelry, eat at a fine French restaurant, check out Times Square, catch a Broadway musical, f***, go to an all-night furniture store, and then watch the sun rise like Woody Allen in Manhattan?
 Galahad54
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 9/24/2007 10:49:24 PM
Would you like to come back to my place and play spin the needle and have fun with a group of my male bisexual Haitian hustler friends? For some reaon, this line doesn't work as well as it used to.
 Galahad54
Msg: 91 (view)

Posted: 9/24/2007 10:44:26 PM
I'd like you to meet my daughter, my half-sister, and the mother of my children. Betty Sue, this is muh date.
 Galahad54
Msg: 88 (view)

Posted: 9/24/2007 8:01:18 PM
You're one of the prettiest girls or farm animals in the county.
 Galahad54
Msg: 87 (view)

Posted: 9/24/2007 7:59:48 PM
"you're not really my type. do you have a younger thinner sister?"

Show ALL Forums