Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: interesting new theory on what causes homosexuality
 mimosa
Msg: 99 (view)

interesting new theory on what causes homosexuality
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:38:28 AM
I googled finger lenghts and found this interesting article.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/03/29/gay.fingers/.

At one point he states and I quote, "This calls into question all of our cultural assumptions that gay men are feminine," said Breedlove. He says his findings point more toward gay men as hypermasculinized.

The article is very interesting for those who care to look.
My opinion is that there's a difference between the gay who chose the lifestyle and the one who was born with it.
The first deals with psychology the second with prenatal chemistry.

If we hadn't been influenced one way or another concerning sexual orientation, I have a feeling we'd all be bisexual at the very least. This coming from a "straight woman".
 mimosa
Msg: 10 (view)

My Life...
Posted: 5/20/2008 6:06:59 PM
No your not alone in feeling what you're feeling......but you are learning that it's youry life, your choices. You decide to feel what you are feeling and when you've had enough, you'll pick yourself off, dust yourself off and say the hell with this. No turning back the future is what I make of it.
 mimosa
Msg: 322 (view)

Marriage, men are stupid for entering into this(proof)
Posted: 5/1/2008 2:45:36 PM
Expenditure for each child from 0-21 in the UK (I converted for the heck) Im certain you can add a few %'s more for the US. That was in 2006.
Childcare: 99,807
Education
Food
Holidays
Clothing
Hobbies & Toys
Babysitting
Leisure and Recreation
Pocket money
Furniture
Personal
Other
(include driving lesson, first car, birthday and Christmas presents)
Total
367,390 In the OP's case x's 2
I think you got off cheap!!!!!
When you look at it that way, the answer is remain single and childless for both genders. If you decide to get married and have children take care of your commitment and stop complaining once it doesn't suit you anymore. the spouse leaves but the kids are there to stay.
 mimosa
Msg: 8 (view)

Can't move on.....What to do?
Posted: 4/3/2008 5:02:02 AM
I think it's very normal that any great love will be part of your heart.... forever.
We imagine that because there was a split they shouldn't be...so we fight it and cling to the past.
Accepting she will always be a part of you and letting go will get you on the road to healing. The nuance here is the girl you loved before is still a part of you, not the one that left you.... that one has nothing to do with you.
Time to forgive and move on.
 mimosa
Msg: 215 (view)

Men Blacklisting Women??
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:53:02 PM
I haven't read everything but someone said if you have 150 or more you must be an extrovert.
I'm a total introvert, I have very few from the forums, no female friends. So presume all you want it may be wrong.
Now if you see 1000 I'm presuming we all know why lol. Just teasing.
Msg 342: I am the opposite of all you said and still I have many and lost more just like the stock market. So I don't think you can tell by the numbers what type of person he or she is. Geez I still can't figure it out so how can anyone else.
On the odd chance that I might contact someone it would be on the merit of personal attraction or a very good profile not the number I see on the bottom.
 mimosa
Msg: 48 (view)

Would the pretty women be nicer if they were plainer & vice-versa?
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:10:40 PM
Okay here goes, that is a lot of bullshit ( answering the OP)
Here's what I get how come a woman so sweet is still single bla bla bla. And I while I don't consider myself beautiful, pretty yes. I've had the unread delete happen to me when all I wanted was to send an honest, no reason compliment.
It happens but think about this the average woman get's hit by a bunch of idiots quite often on here so if you don't make the effort to be a little more than those said idiots you have nothing to complain about.
While you may think you are unique the women especially the younger women are getting how many emails everyday saying most probably exacty the same thing. Ex: wow you're hot let's chat... hehe... sure of course.
I've been getting that and I'm out of range so imagine.
Chin up don't take it personally... and put a pic up.
 mimosa
Msg: 96 (view)

Men Blacklisting Women??
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:09:26 AM
Ha.. now I know why I haven't had a date in forever, lol, I'm black listed. It's just a bunch of bull. If I'm black listed because of the favs it denotes a lack of confidence and a tendency towards presumptions.... which I can do without.
The favs are just eye candy for the most part, I'm even guilty of that.
It usually means they liked the pic sometimes they even read the profile. Rarely do they contact you.
 mimosa
Msg: 3 (view)

Boy have things changed in the dating world!
Posted: 3/27/2008 8:55:22 AM
Could it be that we are more into quality than quantity now? Having been there,done that , when those hormones where raging. Having more urges than brains...lol.
What I don't get is when a man close to my age, straight out infers sex may be better sooner than later. Yeah sure!!!! fast food gives me indigestion now.
 Mimosa
Msg: 6 (view)

Plenty Of Fish Lost a Great Woman
Posted: 2/21/2008 10:03:09 AM
That is really sad, we never know what people are living.
I checked her profile and she seemed like someone really nice with the futur ahead of her. I'll say a prayer for her. Hug to you for your loss.... all our loss actually.
 mimosa
Msg: 42 (view)

How do you know if its ok to kiss her?
Posted: 1/13/2008 8:01:26 AM
If this does not *work* there are one of three reasons... 1 she does not like you, 2 she is a lesbian or 3 you never got this far due to her grabbing your ears in a death grip and laying one on you.

Or he forgot steps 4 and 8......better write all that down on your hand and check to see if you got all the steps right. Sounds good but it almost like playing poker.

Just do it for heaven's sake if you get slapped blame it on us.
 Mimosa
Msg: 49 (view)

Kill a home invader... murder or self defense?
Posted: 1/12/2008 1:02:01 PM
If I'm not mistaken regardless of the curcumstances it's manslaughter.

Definition: "Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.

"It is of two kinds: voluntary — Upon a sudden quarrel or heat of passion (or) involuntary—In the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony, or in the commission in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection, of a lawful act which might produce death."

I agree with that term otherwise we'd have a bunch of nervous , paranoid people shooting at anything that moves.
 Mimosa
Msg: 5 (view)

How do you know if its ok to kiss her?
Posted: 1/12/2008 10:11:05 AM
I second the motion....never ask. If you're unsure, a hug and a kiss on the cheek is pretty safe.
From what you say she might be kissing you, lol.

Don't worry about it and above all be natural or pretend.
 Mimosa
Msg: 12 (view)

Men living by woman rules
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:33:43 AM
The way I interpret that is that men rather not sweat the small stuff and differ to women for the little details.
Example my ex and I would go shopping for clothes and he'd turn to me and ask.... what's my size, lol.
He was definitely not a wuss......he just couldn't be bothered with the details of everyday living.
 Mimosa
Msg: 35 (view)

Women are Hypocrites!
Posted: 1/10/2008 10:31:10 PM
I 've seen some ridiculous threads on here..... but this one takes the cake. It shows a complete lack of experience and and although the op prones analytical thinking she should really have given it a little more thought.

I'll call this a Bn thread or Bs whichever comes first. The Bn got me into trouble figure it out.
Maybe we should go back to the corset years and bat our eyelashes at the poor, senstive men, nu???.
I think I have too much respect for men to treat them like brainless oversexed idiots.
 Mimosa
Msg: 19 (view)

Sex, sex, sex...that's all you talk about.
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:00:13 AM
[ If you court first it just means the man, usually puts out the money first, and really is that not like buying a woman?

This usually means... I want my desert first so I can high tail it out of here without any expense whatsoever.......material, emotional, more often than not physical etc.

Good post by the way, I look for posts like that and rarely find any, merci.
 mimosa

The greatest threat to your spirtuality...
Posted: 12/28/2007 4:13:11 PM
I'd say we are bombarded by the negative everyday....news, tv. etc.

I've realized that moderating the effect of negativity around me lets me be more in tune to the spiritual aspect of life.

I think we're always aware even though we go on with the business of living. I doubt the spiritual masters were perfect everyday either.
 mimosa
Msg: 18 (view)

When will actions match words from men?
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:57:27 AM
The thread is over a year old.......but I will say this though.
Can't a person expose his or her problem without everyone saying so do the other sex.
The problem is hers or his.......we all know the opposite is also true.
 mimosa
Msg: 15 (view)

Finding the Balance
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:42:31 AM
I'm reading all of this and expecting someone in their twenties......I see the man must be closer to your age. .
It's a hopeless cause......if he's still as immature at his age, don't even worry about it move on.
 mimosa
Msg: 18 (view)

My question was for future wife
Posted: 12/27/2007 4:35:55 PM
If you're 64 what are the chances of having in-laws at all....or they'll be too old to bother making your life miserable.
 mimosa
Msg: 17 (view)

Gender roles and expectations in the future
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:01:44 PM
No ova...no periods, no problems with hormone fluctuation and everything else that go with it.
Basically you are creating a new version of males. Hmmm don't you think maybe that will sort of backfire on you Op?
 mimosa

Empathy, Telepapthy etc...
Posted: 12/27/2007 2:45:24 PM
I'm an empath also reading the above list I'd be type A. I have all the same things mentioned above plus I pick up thoughts from certain people.

I get overstimulated when in crowds and usually come home stressed out. Strangers will often come up to me and tell me all their problems.

People that come to my home usually say they can feel the peace.
Given the choice I'd much rather be in nature especially near water....particularly waterfalls.
I've been told I calm people. There are drawbacks I can usually pick up very fast if someone is being honest or not, drawback in the sense of people you like turning weird on you.
 mimosa
Msg: 26 (view)

is everyone over 30 taking antidepressants?
Posted: 12/26/2007 8:16:23 AM
I think I'm a very strong woman.....life hasn't been all roses, but I went through a period where I needed that extra help.

Situational depression coupled with pre menopause really messed me up for awhile. I never would have imagined it would happen to me......but it did.

Growing a pair was not an option.

Everything is back to normal now but believe me I needed that extra help at the time.
We are not super human there may come a time when you need the extra help.

The thing is not to stay on medication too long and use that rest period to fix whatever is wrong.
 mimosa
Msg: 39 (view)

he'll make an exception for me!
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:39:40 AM

Ultimately, he says, he decided to ask me out because we just seem to have "clicked" in a way that he has not experienced before, and he would feel like he might be passing by on a very good thing for a very superficial reason.

Leave the negative parts out that you may be sensitive about and look at what he actually is saying. After all you've known each other for years he probably thought he could speak his mind.
 mimosa
Msg: 58 (view)

Use of LOTS of Filters . . reducing your chances . . ??
Posted: 12/21/2007 5:05:14 PM
Do those things work??? Mine don't work I still get everything I crossed out.
They work if the scroll down goes that far, I guess.
 mimosa
Msg: 24 (view)

Inside the mind of a serial seducer
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:04:31 PM
I imagine if he's so successful, he has plenty of women who agree.... and find some satisfaction from it.

An old soul doesn't get to be that way without experimenting to be able to tell the difference between a player and seducer.

And having enough consciousness to play when they feel like it........old souls also like to play.
They are not conditioned to fall for any garbage that's out there.

Whether I agree or not is not the question his techniques work because he's getting feedback. He's not gay is he????
 mimosa

Inside the mind of a serial seducer
Posted: 12/21/2007 1:23:16 PM
Would the man be so successful if the women weren't playing along?
Somehow I doubt it.
Most of the time we woman know the man is playing and decide to play along when the mood strikes us and he happens to be charming.
These men don't lie they play.... big difference.
It also makes things more challenging and interesting.
 mimosa
Msg: 16 (view)

Come pick me up
Posted: 12/21/2007 6:50:32 AM
Whoa, talk about fine tuning the bad boy attitude. He'll probably bring his club, leave him till he evolves a bit more.
 mimosa
Msg: 23 (view)

What happens around 35?
Posted: 12/21/2007 3:52:06 AM
Like devil's advocate....I started feeling like I was in a doctor's office waiting for my turn to come up.
It's a very lonely feeling. When you're married and wondering who with.......it's time to move. Better to be alone with myself than lonely with my "partner".
 mimosa
Msg: 11 (view)

touchy waters
Posted: 12/21/2007 3:41:56 AM
Now what?? nothing, this too much drama.......drama as in basket case. Who needs all that excitement. I'd say keep on ignoring her and move on.
 mimosa
Msg: 8 (view)

with eyes wide open..
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:03:47 AM
I think my friend Lady Di and I have the same tastes.....sorry I'm in one of those mischevious moods today.

On topic.......I think you can tell right off the bat if you can potentially fall in love with that certain someone...... then the hard work begins in.

That may be true for any age.
 mimosa
Msg: 55 (view)

Why in the WORLD do men think I'm up for sex on the first date?
Posted: 12/20/2007 6:45:58 AM
I checked your profile.......maybe it's.... "lay a 12-point buck across her hood"..... they find erotic..who knows.

The next time you think you have one of those hormonally challenged puppies, bring your bible and some holy water for practice.
 mimosa
Msg: 215 (view)

Men who arrive for the 1st date with a rose.....do women like it?
Posted: 12/20/2007 5:57:30 AM
^^^^^Exactly, well said.
Being a florist I can tell you that for some men even walking into a florist is like pulling teeth.
The gesture is everything.... giving me a Dandelion would be just as touching.

A bit of professional trivia....men are actually more romantic than women.
 mimosa
Msg: 44 (view)

interracial dating
Posted: 12/20/2007 5:20:13 AM
First you start by finding a woman that you like......no matter what color.
You make it sound like a prerequisite for a job or something.
 mimosa
Msg: 4 (view)

His world revolved around me, when his ex remarried, he disappeared from my life
Posted: 12/20/2007 5:11:07 AM
I'm guessing it's delayed grieving.......I would just give him the space to grieve. Don't take it personally, just be there for him.

When he's done he'll appreciate you more for understanding.
 mimosa
Msg: 56 (view)

What's going on? Is it me? lol
Posted: 12/20/2007 3:37:11 AM
^^^^^^Ah but you see we have her version in black and white.......you are presuming the other version. In other words presuming she is a prick tease and a liar.

All the Op said is the man was an octopus wanting free benefits.....I don't recall her being insulting.
While you are being presumptuous and insulting.
 mimosa
Msg: 13 (view)

A long history of hurting...
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:36:09 AM
I have questions.
Did the feelings you have come from the divorce or is there more than that?
When someone holds out a hand to help do you regularly push them away?
How do you see your future.....career, hobbies etc.

You took the chance to ask for advice here, give us a bit more.

From the little you gave us I see someone who has plenty of potential but likes to wallow in pain. It maybe harsh but I don't think you need us to hold your hand and pity you.
You want advice.... right?

While waitng for you to open up a bit more I'll say that needing help with medication temporarily is not weak.
 mimosa
Msg: 54 (view)

What's going on? Is it me? lol
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:40:43 AM

1am comes around and the octopus hand attempts begin, for me to be told that I would make a 'nice friend'.

The above clearly says what the man was interested in........with men like that it wouldn't matter if she was dressed in a potato sack.

Why is it that some men feel threatened and take it very personally when one of their own acts like a horny jerk. But hey!!!! blame the temptress.

Op there's nothing wrong with you or your pics other than you are attractive......which for some is reason enough.
Daylight dates may help like some suggested.
 mimosa
Msg: 9 (view)

NOT ALL MEN ARE DOGS!
Posted: 12/18/2007 11:50:43 AM
I did a thread search we have 4 dogs vs 2 b*tches. Not counting cool b*tches and what's up b*itches.
I'm being facetious I know.

I'll parrot grannybooboo, and add good thing those don't run in packs.
 mimosa
Msg: 4 (view)

Shattered heart
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:54:49 AM
Although I sympathize with your pain, this bothers me

[Quote] I knew when we first got together that he would always love her...I KNEW THAT...and i accepted it..

Clinging to him is unfair to him, you and your children. You need to let go before what little affection you have with him turns to hate. By clinging to him and making him feel guilty that's surely what will happen in the end.

You can't chain someone to you that refuses to be chained. He already has his own chains, without you adding more.

Would you really want him back knowing that all he feels is guilt and pity? A bit harsh but true. and good luck.
 mimosa
Msg: 67 (view)

How to deal with tailgaters on the highway.
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:42:11 AM
The only vehicle I tailgate is the snow plow.....
Otherwise I concentrate on my driving.... like someone mentioned most of the time the tailgater wants you to move. Or they like your bumper.
 mimosa
Msg: 49 (view)

“Viewed me” link on POF
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:27:56 AM
I've turned mine off, I click on profiles for so many reasons and sometimes more than once. I don't want people to think I'm a stalker or a cradle robber.......

I presume those that viewed me are the same...... being as I get all ages and from all over. They can't all be interested in me.

If some are, I imagine they'll contact me when the mood strikes them.
 mimosa
Msg: 33 (view)

Penciling in a possible relationship? Scheduling romance?
Posted: 12/18/2007 4:27:10 AM
I agree with most here, you came off as pushy and judgemental......maybe insecure?
Every response you gave her was a judgement.

Consider what you put in first date on your profile.

I understand what you're saying I've reacted (though not as wordy) the same way. I don't like gray zones either.

But then that's me I can't impose my quirks on anyone and expect them to react the same way.
 mimosa
Msg: 19 (view)

Sarcasm is Damaging to Relationships
Posted: 12/12/2007 4:19:14 PM
I have the unfortunate trait of being too polite and empathic.
When I use sarcasm you can be sure I'm angry........it usually is in retaliation to stupidity.
Other than that I've never found any fun in hurting people. Irony I can do.
 mimosa
Msg: 2 (view)

Deffinition of Average in america and Canada from statistics
Posted: 12/11/2007 10:29:17 AM
I'm 5' 3' and small boned at 152 I'd be at least 25 lbs over my ideal weight. As it is I'm in the lower ideal bmi at 105 which is 19.
Average to me would be a size 8 for woman and 34 inches for men......waist that is.
 mimosa
Msg: 7 (view)

where do I post the I'm not getting it thread?
Posted: 12/11/2007 10:13:12 AM
I think testimonials or religion and the supernatural.........I'm following the rules on this one.
Pearl buttons on a flannel shirt might be exciting, but don't listen to Funny girl the buttons will in fact last 35 years but not the shirt.......too much work for nothing.
 mimosa
Msg: 33 (view)

I feel Like such an idiot
Posted: 12/11/2007 7:05:39 AM
The guy manipulates his best friend by dangling help for a future for her and her kids and shes a whore.
The man is a manipulative user. He doesn't even defend her when people here call her a whore, yeah great friend. He's stopping the help because he's not getting what he wants. The poor used man.........BS. Now I know what a troll post is. I'm off

Karma bites......hard.
 mimosa
Msg: 14 (view)

is he a player?
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:47:19 AM
I think the man is playing on your vulnerabilities......and I would be very afraid for my kids if I were you.

One sure way to stop this type of behavior from ever happening again is take care of yourself. Get a career, as someone suggested get as much help as you can from social services.

I know it's hard for you with children, but you don't need anymore heartache, remember when you hurt your children hurt also.

Oops I got the wrong impression from some posts......you have a career. The advice still holds, The guy is an ass.
 mimosa

Roses are red, violets are blue...if a rose is missing are you blue, too?
Posted: 12/10/2007 3:52:34 PM
Unless it's an 11th wedding anniversary, I've never seen that........most will buy a dozen.
 mimosa
Msg: 22 (view)

Does a dying person still deserve love?
Posted: 12/10/2007 3:17:05 PM
This is a confusing thread.
The facts I've gathered.......someone is terminally ill...... in good health, but he only has 30 years to live.
Lets hope he doesn't slip in the bathtub tomorrow and shorten that estimation.

Okay I'll be serious we risk our lives in one way or another every single day.....we don't know what God has planned for us. So yes we deserve love.... we all deserve love.

And we also deserve to love the person we chose regardless of illness.
 mimosa
Msg: 23 (view)

I feel Like such an idiot
Posted: 12/10/2007 2:15:45 PM

I offered to help her make ends meet while she gets her degree, not in return for sex or love, but because she was my best friend and I wanted to see her achieve a better life.

You offered, you took an engagement until she earned her degree........what changed?
Your friend didn't see the friendship turning romantic? So you break said engagement.

A tip never take any responsiblity for anyone but if you do you're morally obliged to see it to the end.

Show ALL Forums