Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Adjusting to the Technology intrusion and the expectation of good manners?
 WomanInSF
Msg: 138 (view)

Adjusting to the Technology intrusion and the expectation of good manners?
Posted: 4/28/2014 2:28:30 PM

I find it a bit humorous that some women stopped communicating with me because I let them know I did not have a cell phone . Would not be able to text . Would actually have to talk on a phone .

I don’t think that the issue is not being able to text. Nowadays, when someone doesn’t have a cell phone they make an impression of being either too poor or too cheap for pay for it, or living in the past and not keeping up with progress. Neither of those qualities are attractive. Regardless whether it’s true or not, that’s the perception.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 71 (view)

Have you dated someone with the same name as an ex?
Posted: 4/16/2014 6:33:43 PM
I did it twice. And one of those man's ex wife has the same first name as I do ... Funny :-)
 WomanInSF
Msg: 98 (view)

Why men ask women about jobs, money on the first message?
Posted: 10/29/2013 5:18:09 PM
I get asked what I do for a living all the time. So, I ask them back the same question. I give them a benefit of a doubt that it's just a conversation starter, but if they ask whether I rent or own my home I get turned off instantly.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 18 (view)

Addictions to bad foods are real..maybe try an elimination program
Posted: 10/29/2013 2:12:39 PM
Thank you P_P. I have some homework to do :-)
 WomanInSF
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:04 PM
Thank you P_P again...

How much fruit, when and what kind? Fruits are different in GLYCEMIC load on your body ( not index) but load. When can affect blood sugar spike times and how high. What time of day is about spacing them out and regulating when you have a low and bringing it up" some" to feel better. But not high.
I probably shouldn’t eat bananas, but I have one almost every morning. Persimmons, apples, oranges, peaches, plums… Any combination of those (it might be 5 or 6 all together) at night.

Also when is it the worst discomfort for you? At work under stress, nights ect.
It’s when I am stressed, or bored, or upset…Any excuse :-)

Are you mixing nuts and fruit together? If so you are getting fat (although good fat) and sweet all at once and the craving can be more.
Yes, I do mix them together. I had no idea that it’s not recommended

What do benefiber and coconut oil do for tea and coffee? Did it just sweeten it?

What does cinnamon on fruit do? Is it curbing cravings?

Now I also have to google what “5 htp with the GTF chromium/chromium picolinate in the multi” mean :-)

So, I eat oatmeal (I understand you don’t think it’s a good idea), plain 2% Greek yogurt and a banana for breakfast. And coffee. Lunch is usually a salad (tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, different green leaves – not all of it, but some of those items) with olive oil. For protein I use either chicken (4 oz), or shrimp (4 oz), or eggs (2), or tofu (4 oz). I also have all those nut snacks during the day. At night anything goes… Steamed broccoli or cauliflower, carrots, hummus, tomatoes, eggs (if didn’t have those at lunch), and of course all those fruit and nuts. Tea with honey (I probably need to stop with honey).

I take the following vitamins: L-Carnitine, Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids, Cal+Mag+Z, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2013 1:34:33 PM
Thank you P-P. I don’t buy any candies or chocolate any more... I’ve been good for the last 2 months, but I can’t say that I eliminated it until I go through the holiday season without it. I am getting frustrated when I think that I should never eat chocolate/candy any more. I do use honey.

I don’t use splenda or any other sweetener. Don’t use sugar either. Don’t eat corn, don’t eat potatoes on a regular basis. Maybe 5 times a year. Don’t eat bread. My “whole wheat” sin are bagles also 4-5 times a year, and I don’t have a problem with bread addiction. And don’t eat pasta. I don’t skip breakfast. I eat veggies and protein every day. Use Olive oil for a salad dressing

My problem is quantities… I eat way more than 3 servings of fruit a day and a lot of nuts (raw) or sunflower seeds (raw). And that is what I call “madness” because I haven’t found a way to minimize the quantities. Those have become the comfort food for me, and I keep eating it non-stop. And feel frustrated when I restrain myself
 WomanInSF
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 10/24/2013 9:48:38 AM

Organic meat, organic eggs
Vegetables
Fruits
Nuts
Tea, some coffee
Good fats ( coconut oil, evoo, flax oil to start)
Spices

That all sounds good, but I am still struggling with it anyway. Since I eliminated ice-cream and drastically reduced candies consumption I developed an addiction to fruits, nuts and seeds. I now overeat on those and am trying to find a way to stop this madness.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 257 (view)

how many emails do you girls get?
Posted: 8/9/2013 2:48:52 PM
I stopped getting emails after my profile became about 3 months old. I can go a week without a single email, and the ones I do receive are typically not the ones I'd like to receive. Maybe my pictures are bad, or my profile is not written well... Not sure.... Maybe both.....

It's a good thing that I am not obsessed about it :-)
 WomanInSF
Msg: 26 (view)

USA no longer number one.
Posted: 7/26/2013 2:39:47 PM

Curious, do you drink pop? More or less of it than your friends or colleagues? What about other sugar drinks? I was surprised when I looked at the sugar content of some fruit juice, milk substitutes, etc. that I drink.

I don’t drink any soda, juice or sugary drinks. The bad stuff from liquids I put in my body comes from creamers in my coffee.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 84 (view)

Are beautiful women really lonely?
Posted: 7/26/2013 2:14:57 PM
I also don’t believe that loneliness correlates with looks. I my opinion it’s more of personality issue. Friendly outgoing extraverted laid back people in general are less lonely than shy introverted picky people since it’s easier for them to make new friends. People with low self-esteem are lonelier then people with high self-esteem since they are afraid of getting close to someone (what if they don’t like me when they know me better?). I know beautiful women who have a very hard time getting dates, and very average in looks women who are in good relationships.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 1 (view)

The More You Weight The Higher Your Rent
Posted: 7/25/2013 5:57:16 PM

In this complex in Osaka, Japan, you have a built-in incentive to get trim. Gain weight and your rent goes up, by about $10 a month. Lose and you'll save.

This is something new to me. I've heard of Japanese employers charging their overweight employees higher health insurance premiums, but haven’t heard about the rent difference yet

http://realestate.msn.com/blogs/post--weigh-more-pay-more-in-this-rental-apartment
 WomanInSF
Msg: 36 (view)

paula deen
Posted: 7/12/2013 5:34:56 PM
Deleted my post. Wrong topic.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 14 (view)

On strong but slowly fading off?
Posted: 6/28/2013 5:35:32 PM

In your opinion am I about to be ditched?

I think so. It’s either he lost interest in you or he in general has “dating ADD”. Either way, I would start looking for someone else if I were you.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 42 (view)

Finding love when your older, is it possible? Really?
Posted: 6/28/2013 2:42:08 PM
Possible, but unlikely. At least from my perspective and my own experience. It’s like winning a lottery… only few people win. The rest don’t.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 32 (view)

POF Profile Translations
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:06:24 AM
Artist usually means unemployed pot head living with his mom who thinks they can draw (although i'm sure there are exceptions, to be fair)

Other Relationship means they're some middle aged wacko looking to fullfill a mid-life crisis fantasy

Drugs, if they answer Prefer Not to Say, you should generally prefer to stay away

if under Profession, its blank or some smart a$$ comment, it's probably because there isnt one.

I kind of agree with the ones above.

In Outmind case he calls himself an Artist and he probably is in personality and aptitude, but he still puts Marketing in this profile. Something more tangible then just "Artist".
 WomanInSF
Msg: 30 (view)

Best Movie-Oscars,Who Will Win?
Posted: 2/27/2013 12:57:40 PM

I think it does not matter a hill of beans, unless you are an idiot like Bill O'Reilly.

No need to use offensive words here…
 WomanInSF
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2013 1:11:07 PM
Yes, that surprised me too. Unpleasantly. My feeling is that she wants to get involved everywhere even where she doesn’t belong.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 2/25/2013 6:08:30 PM
What do you think about announcing a winner by the First Lady? Is this the first time? I don’t remember anyone from the White House doing it in the past. I could miss it though since I don’t always watch Oscars religiously…
 WomanInSF
Msg: 24 (view)

Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:44:33 PM
Yes, it's kind of a soap opera, but I like it anyway. Watch it religiously. I did like the Forsyte Saga more.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 31 (view)

Early retirement??
Posted: 2/12/2013 11:10:12 AM
Few of the “retired” ones that I’ve met were really unemployed and tried to find some work for cash. I am sure that there are people who are really retired and have money for a decent lifestyle, just not the ones that I’ve met.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 24 (view)

White Guys and BBWs
Posted: 2/11/2013 3:43:29 PM

Yes it was it lacked tact just like his post that was the point I was getting across.

ThicknCurvyGal, I agree with few posters above who stated that Rabbitman was not talking about you. He was referring to the term “BBW”, and logically he is correct. Not every “big” woman is “beautiful”.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 44 (view)

Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:51:14 PM

Does anyone else do this, and if you do-what are your reasons?

I do look at women’s profiles. Mostly when they say something in the forum, and I am trying to figure out where it comes from. But I also look at men’s profiles when they say something interesting or nasty, and it doesn’t mean that I like those men.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 8 (view)

Giving advice to others
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:50:33 AM

However if folks take the idiotic opinions of complete e-strangers to heart....
maybe they shouldn't date yet.
As they are like lame gazelles limping along
in front of a pack of hungry hyenas.

That’s for sure. I am trying to squeeze the gazelle out myself. Have some success but not enough. Still working on developing thicker skin :-)
 WomanInSF
Msg: 662 (view)

bald guys
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:36:18 PM
^^^^^^^ For me too. Bald head is not a turn off, but long hair is.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 15 (view)

What can I do to be better?
Posted: 2/5/2013 11:06:44 AM
Your head is in the right place. Education is very important, and you are moving in the right direction.

Now, you need a more flattering haircut and clothes. Also, as few people have already said hit the gym. Turning some body fat into muscles will do wonders to your looks.

I would also suggest not excluding activity partners. There is no such thing as too many friends. New activity partners will increase your social circle, and there will be more opportunities to meet the right girl.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 174 (view)

Courting?? does it exist??
Posted: 2/1/2013 4:15:54 PM
Msg 228

Why don't you just send Mike a message and ask him out! Because you know he will not want you! But you are intrigued? You must have a thing for him!! Am I right? You by some unforeseen force you are wildly attracted to him aren't you?? But you can't figure out why? You come back time and time day after day, review every post he writes to you and yet, here you are! He continuously insults you doesn't he, yet here you are? He treats you like crap, yet here you are! Even your responses are short and really not even responses, and yet here you are!
keep coming back Womaninsf and read his responses with a microscope, because you will be back!! No matter how much you think he is a "JERK" you will be back!!

Steve, what’s wrong with you? Why would you think that I am attracted to mike215215? Or intrigued? He is not good looking, rude and in the wrong age group for me. Just because I replied to some of his posts? His posts caught my attention, but not in a positive way. I think it’s a lot of BS and disrespect of women in general. And a user mentality. I despise people like him. Maybe that’s why it didn’t bother me that his replies are rude and insulting. His tirades will stay in his history for potential dates to read and decide for themselves whether they want to deal with this kind of personality.

Too much animosity here, so I probably will not be back. You (general You, includes few other posters here) just worship him and come to conclusions that are far away from the truth. And attack everyone who has a different opinion. Whatever floats your boat.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 162 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2013 1:55:49 PM
mike215215, msg 201, 202

You simply arrived like a hair on the soup, and thought you could and interject and be miss "smarty" pants.
You are so wrong! I wasn’t “interjecting”, but simply stated my opinion. Isn’t what forums are for? Just chatting when one has the time? I was not aware that there is a competition for a title “miss/mr “smarty” pants”.

So you are one of them??? ahh c'mon , you take your responsibilities....
No, my ex wasn’t a jerk. We divorced because of something else.

in general, Women "secretly" like jerks... they often say they want a "nice" guy, but long term, they get tired and bored of the NICE guy. Then they sometimes leave and divorce them, or cheat on them OUT of BOREDOM!
I disagree. Women are bored with “boring" guys, not with “nice” guys. Not every nice guy is boring, but I guess it’s a matter of opinions.

Hence of the need for a JERK, cuz most women, women want a MAN, a leader, an Alpha and not a Wuss "nice guy".
Again, it’s a matter of opinions, or maybe you and I define a “jerk” and a “nice guy” differently. I believe that not every nice guy is a “wuss”, and a nice guy can be an alpha. I also believe that not every “jerk” is an Alpha.

The HOT women with high self esteem, are the exceptions, …just like the fat and Fugly with LOW self esteem are also an exception
I believe that the opposite is true, but whatever…

nothing new here again... we call those " Hot gold diggers", or "musician groupies", "movies star groupies" hitting on guys with "great potentials" cuz they have one of the following: lot of MONEY, POWER , or FAME.... The reality, is that most men (if not all) on POF, are not in any of theses categories ... and WE need to know how to get the 7-10.. cuz We are not Famous, Super rich, or Powerful, like a politician, CEO, TV personalities, mayors of LA, or Montley crue band players, pro sports players etc.... So we need to LEARN the tricks on HOW to pick up the HOT 7-10 women... but sure enough, the HOT high self esteem women, might give me the time of day, but in the short RUN will know I do not have Power, Fame or tons of money, and she will walk away when she finds out. So She is NOT the type of HOT women I will be after.... She is Not on My radar Screen, or at least, by her Questions to me, I will know it is time to EXIT.... before she DOES!
HENCE the need to go after the HOT women "with LOW self esteem"....
No arguments here.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 143 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2013 11:55:57 AM

You fails to recognize that my comments about her fashion style is ONLY used as line openers!
Nope, you failed to specify it.

again, take you head out of your azz...
You are so well spoken and polite…

most divorced women talk about their exes being jerks... so if they do not like jerks, why is it that they married them in the first place??
They didn’t realize that the men were jerks when they married them. Once they figured it out they got divorced. It’s that simple.

But in the attraction phase JERKS get the girl
Not true, but whatever floats your boat

You certainly cannot comprehend that as you are 50, with a few extra pounds. This is how to pick up HOT women. HOT women have LOW self esteem, because they constantly compare themselves with other HOT women, and they strive to be more beautiful than the girl next to her.... Hence the LOW self Esteem. On the other hand, BBW women, fat and fugly, have developed VERY HIGH self esteem, through their work and careers, as it defines them...and they certainly claim NOT needing a MAN... cuz, 1- no man want to be with them, cuz they are fat and fugly, ball busting women 2- they have to work, as NO man will be paying their bills, contrary to the HOT woman who is OFTEN taken care of by some rich man.... 3- look at all the female CEOs... 3 words -UGLY, BUTCHY, MANLY. Which man get turned on by that? These women, oftentimes need subservient men! Cuz they lead in their fortune 500 companies, and they also LEAD in the house!

Chasing BBW, or women with a few extra pounds... is NOT the same game... as theses women do have high self esteem, will often approach MEN themselves... cuz no MEN will approach them.... SO with BBW women, the talking to her about her sense of fashion, is almost futile, because she will be the one approaching the man.... No need to throw a BHCompliment to her, or how nice her shoes look.... cuz she is already interested in the man that she is already chasing... I know, I get approached by fugly women often.... they give me their business cards, PResidents, VP... (could be president of her small apartment..who knows) and I only have to nicely decline, or never call!

There are “HOT” women with low self-esteem and with high self-esteem. And there are “fat and fugly” women with low self-esteem and with high self-esteem. Not every BBW would chase a man, and they do get approached by some (not every) man. “HOT” women also approach men. Not any man, of course, but very desirable ones.

I am surprised that a 37 y.o. man view women so simple mindedly. Have you ever heard that it’s not all black and white? There are shades of grey too… and other colors….
 WomanInSF
Msg: 124 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2013 12:36:06 PM

1-you compliment her sense of style, clothes, rings, hair style, shoes... BUT NEVER HER looks
2- what it does, it "separate" yourself from the crowd of sharks... WOW he is different... he is not liek the other men..
3- she thinks: wow he has noticed my sense of fashion.. indirectly , you are complimenting her choices, and somewhat like her for her "brains" not her looks!... as so many women wnat to be taken seriously for their brains, and not for their looks!

OR she might think that he is just a closet gay since he notices all he fashion details, but not her looks

NEVER SUPPLICATE to a woman, or you will LOOSE respect FROM her. You are a man... ACT like one... you do not buy her flowers, BECAUSE it is the RIGHT thing to do, or it is what other puzzies do! Secretly, she wants a man that takes charge, and somewhat LEAD her where HE wants to go. (within reasons of course)

And how is buying her flowers conflicts with taking charge?

A jerk stands out in the crowd.. cuz he does not CARE what she thinks.... and SECRETELY, lots of women love the jerks! The puzzies take the women out at 7pm, wine and dine her, and the jerks bring her home at 10pm, after the puzzies paid the bills and she walks out on him!

Yes, I’ve heard that. But never met a woman who actually liked jerks.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 808 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 1/29/2013 1:39:07 PM

That is what you want. Assume a man doesn't like to dance or drink, and would rather stay home.

Well, if a woman doesn't get her needs met, then he is not a right man for her. Should the relationship be about both people needs met, not just his?
 WomanInSF
Msg: 86 (view)

Hard to believe this behavior in men over 50..
Posted: 1/28/2013 12:35:26 PM

All women think men on here are after one thing

No, not ALL women think like that.

if men are after one thing there are places where they can go and get it to order a'la carte.................Buon Appetito :)

Sure, but there is more danger of getting sick, and it costs more than a price of coffee :-)

A man needs to find out if you are sexually compatible. Men want to know that a woman will turn them on. So the best way is to try to find out right away. Women call this serial dating, but men call this a test drive. Many women don't pass the test drive and blame the men, when actually they have only themselves to blame. And the men might fail the test drive also.

Aha, right. And it’s no less true that if a woman is not willing to let man find out whether they are sexually compatible, then he failed a test of making her feel safe physically and/or emotionally to go to bed with him.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 333 (view)

Can Republicans permit us to suffer the cliff...
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:25:51 PM

Let us set aside our differences of opinion for a moment to offer a prayer, sympathy for his family, or just reflect on how tenuous this life is.

I am very sorry to hear that Bob (Oy Vay) passed away. I got used to reading his posts. My opinions were very often opposite to his, but I think that he was a kind man. My sympathy goes to his family.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 117 (view)

Messaging guys first never develops into a date
Posted: 1/18/2013 12:02:34 PM

I'm with you. I never get a response to messages (not flirts) I send to gentlemen.

Same here...
 WomanInSF
Msg: 54 (view)

When you give your phone number do you expect calls or texts?
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:29:43 PM
To answer the OP question.... Yes, I do expect them to call, but many of them text instead :-( I feel like I am a very low priority for them when they do that. I send back a text saying that I would like them to call. If they continue to text I write them off.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 190 (view)

Do successful men want higher maintenance women?
Posted: 12/18/2012 12:51:23 PM

Interesting, and a point I illustrated. You only select out of the men who have already picked/approached you. As I alluded to, if all you are offered are strawberries, and you're allergic to them, then YOU need to look for something else! Or don't simply wait for the approach, do some approaching yourself!
Approaching a man has never worked for me. I’ve probably sent a total of around 200 emails to men over the years and never had any positive response. And I had to force myself. It’s not natural for me to do the approaching. So, I am still not sure why only the men I am not interested in approach me? Why there aren’t a few that I would like are in the mix?

Then why say it?
Because some people say things that sound good without having any intention to live up to their words.

Beyond that, your next statement means this is not serious. "20 years younger"....really? Oh and they look like a model and make good money?
Of course it is not serious. It was just one of the possible examples why people say they would court and wait. They think of a fantasy woman, and no real woman seems worth the effort to them.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 188 (view)

Posted: 12/18/2012 11:49:57 AM

Nice editing job on my post! Cherry-picking can make anything sound like a rant...but hey, whatever floats your boat!

I am not sure what you are referring to. I didn’t edit any of your posts. My responses were to the posts by timeforall and ohenryx.

As for "they want sex they want it to be easily available" or "If it takes a lot of efforts to woo a particular woman"
So if all you meet are men wanting 'sex...easily available' then isn't that on you, and the men you select?

Sure, you forgot to use the popular forum’s expression about me being a “common denominator”. Of course, it’s all my fault. Let me explain you my position. I only select out of the men who have already picked/approached me. If only these kinds of men pay some attention to me does that mean that I am doing something completely wrong? Or am I so ugly and stupid that no man wants anything more with me except of shagging when it’s convenient for him? I don’t want to believe that.

If 20 men on this thread say they will be willing to wait, or don't see sex as the most important thing...that negates your point.

Again, I am not meeting those kinds of men. Is it possible that those 20 only say it on a forum, but behave differently in real life? Or they would only be that patient with a fantasy woman who is 20 years younger, looks like a model and makes good money? Not with other types of women?

Men want sex...as far as I know so do women! It is what is in our genes, which causes the human race to reproduce.
If a woman doesn't like or want sex, perhaps it is her who is not quite right...jus sayin

No arguments here. It’s just that women in general need a little more emotional connection before becoming intimate with a man, and that takes some time.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 175 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2012 5:57:55 PM

I do believe there are a few women here in the forums who are expecting that vigorous pursuit, because the last time they dated they were in their 20’s and men would pursue them vigorously, and compete with other men for their attention.

We might have a different idea about what the “vigorous pursuit” is. If a man makes it clear that he likes a woman, calls her, invites her out while she responds with interest towards him I consider it pursuit. In my opinion it’s very different from stalking someone who doesn’t respond with interest.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2012 5:50:57 PM

But if a man loves a woman, no matter what his age, he is going to feel protective of her That is only natural for a guy.

I agree with this statement, but the key phrase here is “if a man loves a woman”. In my experience, it only applies to established relationships when middle aged people have been together for quite some time. Not to people who just met. There is no love there yet.

The problem is how women at middle age think, all so evident from reading these boards. Again, its often about her. She has little time for worrying about how her actions are going to impact the guy. She is only worried about herself. If more women got over themselves, there would be less lonely people in the world in their middle ages and far less men would be giving up on the dating scene entirely, as so many men do when they experience one disappointment after another. When it comes down to it, too many women are just down right mean, and they could care less about the consequences of their actions.

Well, if you said it in reverse (replace “men” with “women” and “women” with “men”) it would still be true. Neither gender is more kind and giving, or mean. It’s unfortunate, but with age many people adopt an attitude like “Do I want to bother?”, “Is it worth the effort?”…. Too many disappointments in the past for both men and women…
 WomanInSF
Msg: 167 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2012 12:50:23 PM

by the time many women reach 45, they have kind of lost that nurturing part. They think it is somehow beneath them. I wouldn't give those women the time of day no matter how they looked on my arm.

Both men and women lose their stereotypical gender skills around this age… In general (there are always exceptions) men don’t feel protective of women anymore and don’t purse them with the passion they used to display. Even if they want sex they want it to be easily available. If it takes a lot of efforts to woo a particular woman, then they would just move to the next. This kind of attitude (in addition to hormonal changes) doesn’t make a woman feel warm and fuzzy inside, thus her nurturing part is ‘asleep”.

I blame most of it on the hormonal level change. Lower testosterone level in men and lower estrogen level in women make people more unisex than they used to be.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 57 (view)

Hamas, PA, Palestine...why would we support it ?
Posted: 12/13/2012 12:19:29 PM

Their contention is that Hamas chooses to launch their rockets from populated areas in Gaza, and therefore the IDF can legitimately bomb the schools, the hospitals and the residential buildings, killing hundreds of innocent civilians.
And what is the solution? Would you expect Israelis not to respond and allow their people to get killed?

There are no open spaces reserved for Hamas to launch their rockets to Israel.
Then maybe Hamas shouldn’t launch their rockets at all?
 WomanInSF
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 12/12/2012 3:38:12 PM

I think many confuse Palesinians with being of Hamas...when the reality is that few Palestinaian's are Hamas. Quite unfortunately, Hamas choses to bomb Isreal from populated area's...consequently, unfortunately, Isreal bomb's Hamas in these populated area's...this get's the chicken hawk's panties in a bunch and they become ready to send your kids to war.

Isreal see's, as it's right, to garner more area/land in order to protect itself...Palestinian's see this as land grabbing...

I almost agree with that accept I would replace a word “confuse” with “identify”. Since majority of Palestinians support Hamas (Hamas members are located in Palestinians’ households, places of worship, etc), it’s kind of a natural outcome.

... why land was taken from Palestine and just turned over?
Decision was made by UN

... what did the Palestinians ever do to deserve their land being taken from them and just given away to greedy Zionists?
I don’t know, but the decision was made by UN

... why can't the Zionists just live with the land that was granted to them?
They tried but their neighbors keep starting the wars

... what did the Palestinians ever do to deserve the Zionists going after them and killing them?
Palestinians kill Israelis, so Israelis have to protect their people and retaliate.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 35 (view)

No i have not had a girlfriend!!!
Posted: 12/11/2012 10:39:39 AM

If you have come this far without having sex and/ or a "relationship," perhaps you may want to consider the possibility that you are of a personality type which does not partner up very successfully. Instead of trying to pound your square self into a round hole and inflict sorrow on an unsuspecting woman, I suggest you get to the root of your issues with intimacy. Go see a professional counselor or psychologist.

Yes, I agree with that. That is if you want changes in your life. In order to change the outcome (ability to be a part of a couple) you need to figure out what’s the root cause for that. After that you can make your evaluation of benefits and efforts for the change and make a decision on whether the benefits worth the efforts.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 82 (view)

I watched the Israeli / US Media video
Posted: 12/9/2012 10:50:41 AM
Calling me names like you did shows your intolerance to others' opinions and makes you an inferior human being.

This conversation became too personal. I am not replying to you anymore.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2012 10:48:43 AM
No, it's not your "superior logic". It's your anger. You don't grasp all the facts, you only pick and choose the ones to advance your agenda. You don't present a balanced picture. I've never seen any post by you condeming palestinians. Have they done nothing wrong?

Also, calling me names like you did shows your intolerance to others' opinions and makes you an inferior human being.

This conversation became too personal. I am not replying to you anymore.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 80 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2012 9:45:13 AM
The land was not stolen, it was acquired as a result of winning the war... I thought that was obvious by this point...
 WomanInSF
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2012 9:42:13 AM
Well, mungojoe, you are so blinded by your hatred to Israel, that you give facts interpretation to match your believes. I honestly think that in your opinion Israel has no right to exist, and it's people should be pushed into the sea. I have no need to argue to you. Your convictions make no difference to me.

By the way, implying that someone else is simple-minded and ignorant doesn't make you any more superior... Just FYI
 WomanInSF
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 12/9/2012 9:20:50 AM
And what are "the Zionists" up to? It looks to me that they just want the arabs to leave them alone. They are tired of rockets and bombs.
 WomanInSF
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2012 6:05:48 PM

Now lets take a little sampling from before ww2...

Russo-Japanese War, 1904
Dutch-Venezuela War, 1908
Georgian–Armenian War, 1918
Sino-Soviet conflict (1929), 1929
Saudi-Yemeni War, 1934
Ecuadorian–Peruvian War, 1941

Again, no examples in the listing of the victor siezing and keeping the lands of the loser...

OK, I picked one of your examples, Georgian–Armenian War, 1918. Using your own words “What utter bullshit”. There was no victor in this war to keep the lands of the looser. Both countries were unsatisfied with results.

Year Fought: 1918
Between: Georgia vs Armenia
Outcome: Mutual administration of disputed district

Georgian-Armenian War was a border war fought in 1918 between the Democratic Republic of Georgia and the Democratic Republic of Armenia over the parts of then disputed provinces of Lori, Javakheti, and Borchalo district, which had been historically bicultural Armenian-Georgian territories, but were largely populated by Armenians in the 19th century. By the end of World War I some of these territories were occupied by the Ottomans. When they abandoned the region, both Georgians and Armenians claimed control. The dispute degenerated into armed clashes on December 7, 1918. The hostilities continued with varying success until December 31 when the British brokered ceasefire was signed, leaving the disputed part of Borchalo district under the joint Georgian-Armenian administration which lasted until the establishment of the Soviet rule in Armenia in 1920.
http://listverse.com/2007/09/28/top-10-shortest-wars/
 WomanInSF
Msg: 40 (view)

Guys who pursue and then dissappear
Posted: 12/7/2012 5:19:37 PM

You don't have to jump into bed, but there are things that I need to see from a woman to assure me that we are on the same path, traveling at the same speed.

More details on this one? Please?
 WomanInSF
Msg: 17 (view)

Is it too late to be a father at 45 ?
Posted: 12/7/2012 11:12:41 AM

is my profile giving the wrong impression or vibes?

In my opinion your profile gives an impression that a woman’s financial status is very important to you. You don’t want to be a provider. At the same time you are targeting women much younger than you are. I see a contradiction here. Usually if a man wants a much younger woman he will offer her some financial incentives. That’s what I’ve seen.

Show ALL Forums