Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present
 finlander21
Msg: 69 (view)

Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:36:21 AM
She would run her hand down my face...hard to explain...but it was gentle and loving.
 finlander21
Msg: 184 (view)

Would you open you marriage to save it?
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:59:19 AM
I find it interesting that 50% of the population cheats on their spouse and subsequently 50% end up divorced. Many of the folks on this thread have either cheated or been cheated on. My point is, no person begins a marraige believing it will fail. So what do you do when things deteriorate? Divorce or cheat? What happens if you really are still in love? I thought most folks would do anything to save a love, a marriage...but perhaps not, and that's why the divorce rate is at 50%. Most folks have limits on their love. Funny how people often say they'd give their life for their spouse, but somehow letting them have sex with someone else is worse than death. Really?
 finlander21
Msg: 21 (view)

Content vs. happy
Posted: 8/13/2008 10:37:52 AM
I disagree with the entire premise. I don't think you can have one without the other. For me happiness is being able to appreciate and find joy with what I have in the moment. In order to live in the moment a person must find contentment. 'Real' happines is an illusion created by Hollywood and sappy romance novels...the whole idea that everyday you need butterflies in your stomach from a romance and world travel for thrills is what's wrong with folks today. I completely disagree that being content also equates to low to no risk and that happiness equals adventure and risk...completely disagree. Find your inner peace and you'll find contentment and happiness. Nothing will stop you from jumping from an airplane, backpacking thru South America or jumping into a new and exciting relationship. Just my 2 cents.
 finlander21
Msg: 204 (view)

What did YOU do wrong in your last relationship?
Posted: 7/23/2008 12:39:57 PM
I was just a dumbass. I didn't recognize her on Mothers day because 'she wasn't my mother' and didn't recognize her on Valentines because it's just a fabricated holiday to extort money from consumers. Regardless, it was important to her and I should have seen that. Shaking my head as type this...dumbass.
 finlander21
Msg: 90 (view)

gals....what does take things slow really mean?
Posted: 7/23/2008 12:33:19 PM
'Slow' is a metaphore for not in this life-time. When a woman is interested there's nothing slow about it.
 finlander21
Msg: 13 (view)

Kids show up on a date.What would you do or think, after
Posted: 7/23/2008 12:28:54 PM
I had a gal bring her 18 year old son to my apartment for a first date. I was a good sport and all three of us went out for dinner, but I never dated her again. I was floored...
 finlander21
Msg: 158 (view)

Are women satisfied with American men?
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:50:13 AM
alright...I've deliberated on this for some time now, and yes I've come to the conclusion that I will import a woman. There's a number of reasons for my decision. First is that I believe American woman have become increadibly plastic and no longer value or need a man...whether he be American or otherwise.

So I'm calling this import decision the "Lease Purchase". I've recently learned that the average divorce in the US now occurs in less than 3 yrs. Pretty pathetic but oh well it is what is. Now, I'm a 41 yr old man, decent looking but not GQ or anything like that. I date often and the women I date are attractive. However, I go back to my earlier statement in that none of these women need nor seem to desire a relationship. Hence the decision to import. Why not? I posted a profile on a reputable site and I was inundated with email from woman the ages of 20 to 30...oh and they're gorgeous. So given that I can import a woman to marry under the age of thirty, why wouldn't I? I suppose the arguement is that its not love, but I'm dating now and its not love. Why not exclusively date a hot 20 something that is also putting some skin in the game? Yes, I think the gal coming over is also putting something real and tangible into the game. She's leaving family, friends, and her way of life. That's a heck of a lot more than a what a woman here brings.
 finlander21
Msg: 2 (view)

My Ex?!?!
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:36:59 AM
Dude,

the only time you can believe a woman with 100% certainty is when she say she doesn't love you. For a woman to tell a man that, means she's deliberated on it for months! And there's no turning back...once a woman comes to terms with what she feels and where she wants to go...thats it...you're just a speed bump. Move on...she has...months ago.
 finlander21
Msg: 146 (view)

Profiles - why bother?
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:58:17 PM
Not-for-you-you-you or you...maybe that woman over there...
Hahaha...and what post would this fictitious man be referencing? The post where you suggested he and the rest of us amuse ourselves while you **** slap us with your strap-on? No…I think you’ve probably resorted to emailing yourself.
 finlander21
Msg: 144 (view)

Profiles - why bother?
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:45:33 PM
Oh my goodness. Burnleybabe! Are serious? Be a man???? Hello...I'm reasonably certain English isn't Valinteno's first language. How many languages are you fluent in?
 finlander21
Msg: 123 (view)

Profiles - why bother?
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:02:11 AM
Not-For-You
You've mistaken my comment for interest. I have have no interest in speaking with you or meeting your strap-on. I suspect the reason you own a strap-on is because men within a 100 mile radius already know your MO and have no desire for your brand of loathing. Keep that strap-on handy, I would wager it will come in handy since a warm male body will be hard for you to find.
 finlander21
Msg: 120 (view)

Profiles - why bother?
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:04:55 AM
Not-for-you
I have to respectfully disagree with the men that say your profile says nothing about you. I think your profile says volumes about you. You clearly articulate sarcasm and a general bad attitude toward men. I'm more curious as to why anyone would desire to chat with you, undoubtedly a gentleman with a sadomasochistic fetish.
 finlander21
Msg: 86 (view)

Profiles - why bother?
Posted: 4/10/2008 12:43:02 PM
Quite simply, I'm not going to invest 200 or even 300 words on someone when I have no idea their level of interest in me. Fact of the matter is, after writing a diatribe the lady is just going to scan your pics anyway. If she feels a bit of chemistry only then will she resond. That's just the way it is, so why invest the time and energy when it simply doesn't matter?
 finlander21
Msg: 35 (view)

whats the farthest you have traveled to get laid?
Posted: 12/14/2007 2:22:21 PM
I travelled from Atlanta to Buenos Aires Argentina...not sure how far that is. It didn't work out so I spent 4 months backpacking thru Argentina and Bolivia.
 finlander21
Msg: 13 (view)

What does hang out mean?
Posted: 12/14/2007 9:37:25 AM
wow! I have "hang out" on my profile, and it sure doesn't mean let's go have sex. Good grief..."hanging out" means let's go do something mutually desirable without expectations or pressure (as it relates to a relationship). It doesn't mean I'm to0 cheap to pay for a date! I'm more than happy to pay while hanging out. I just like the idea of being with someone without pressure. And for all you cynical folks out there who believe this is somehow code for casual sex...please...lets set the record straight on something. Ladies, men like sex. If we're at all into you, we want sex. It doesn't matter if you call it a "date", "hanging out", or any other term. At the end of the day, we want sex, but it never happens unless the lady gives the green light. So what are you worried about? Ladies, you hold the keys to the door...we just keep knocking until someone lets us in.
 finlander21
Msg: 105 (view)

Am I over-reacting... or is he being insensitive?
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:43:47 AM
This has been an entertaining thread. Initially I thought perhaps OP was a tease because she left him blueballed. However, this isn't the case because she finished him...a couple times. I too am confused why so many people think just because you engage in foreplay that it naturally has to progress to intercourse. I have to respectfully disagree with this assumption. Where OP went wrong is saying no sex and then giving a hand job...to a happy ending no less. OP next time say no intercourse, that leaves you open for all else if you're feeling in the mood. I do think you're over reacting though. I mean, you're into heavy petting you should expect that he's going to see if your juices are flowing enough to alter you're mind. I thought he was rather considerate and respectful once you said no.
 Finlander21
Msg: 49 (view)

Why does the ex feel she needs to screw me?
Posted: 8/20/2007 10:36:35 AM
As I read this thread I found myself getting more and more upset by the comments from the women, especially mlm_mlm_mlm. How is it that women have become so cynical and cold that they can not see the inequality of our current legal system? Bankrupting the fathers and keeping them in object poverty does not benefit the child.

Under Georgia law when a child turns 14 they can decide whether or not they wish to visit the parent that is paying support (despite what the divorce agreement states). At 14 what in the world does a kid know? They are so self-absorbed that the most important thing in their lives are their friends. Of course they won't want to spend time away from their friends to be with boring old dad or mom. The state of Georgia has effectively stripped away parental rights and the ability of the parent to parent. How does that help our children and how is that equality?
 Finlander21
Msg: 1 (view)

8-5-06 Uyuni to Potosi
Posted: 8/14/2007 1:45:29 PM
My bus was scheduled to leave Uyuni at 7pm and arrive in Potosi at 1am. The evening was beautiful with crystal clear skies, full moon, perfect for an evening bus ride to view the scenary. I would be ascending from just over 12,000 ft to a wopping 13,343 ft., the world highest city! Upon my arrival to the bus terminal, if you can call a dirt street in front of a nonconspicuous brick building a terminal, I noticed my bus. It was a bit worn, but the name was Turismo something and had a souped up exhaust jetting out the back. The bus definitely looked like it was up to the task.

We were off on time! Perfect. I was so excited to have the window seat, and that the evening was clear, because I wanted to take in every bit of the spectacular scenary that lay before me. Almost from the get go I wasn't disappointed, the scenary was breath taking. I sat in awe as I scanned the country side trying to catch every mountain top, valley and everything that lie in between. It didn't take long before I realized what I was truely in for.

The road we travelled was a washboard dirt road. We've all ridden on these roads at some point in our lives. If you drive to fast the vehicle will skip across the road and you can quickly loose control. Needless to say, you can't drive fast under such conditions. Apparently my bus driver hadn't learned this lesson because he drove that bus like it was a 4 x 4 racing the Baha 500.

Within an hour into our trip we were deep into the throat of the Andes. Our dirt road was carved into the mountains and it traversed the terrain ominously. The road was slightly wide enough for two vehicles to pass each other. In fact, when to vehicles met they had to come to a stop and pass with great care.

So from my window seat I was able to see that we clung to the dirt road with 2 to 4 feet to spare before the mountain reclaimed itself. At first the ride was exciting and fun. Kind of like riding a roller coaster. But the deeper we got into the mountains the more perilous the journey became. We climbed mountains and the ascended back down all with a few feet seperating us from certain death. The cliffs were increadible and breath taking. In fact, I was finding it difficult to breath. At first I thought it was the altitude but then I realized, no, it was me...I was holding my breath. As I looked out from my window I was able to look down the mountain without seeing the road beneath me. Holy Hanna! I was scared to death...no...I was in shear terror. I have no idea how far down the cliffs and gorges went but 1,000 ft. wouldn't be out of line.

At that moment, I started to pray that my bus driver was a Phd. That he spent 6 years studying how to drive the Turismo bus and studying the landscape that lay before me. I prayed he was the best damn bus driver that ever lived. With every turn hanging over a cliff I was in shear panic and couldn't breath. By the way, does anyone know what the record for holding your breath is? Because I think the six hours I spent holding my breath may have set a record.

Have any of you been so stricken with terror that your body acts on its own? I was so uncomfortable I couldn't figure out why. Then it occured to me...all my muscles were constricted in fear. My sphincter was puckered so tight it was sucking my ass checks in!

It's moments like this when you begin to start thinking what I call hero thoughts. You know what I mean! I started scanning the bus thinking, ok, if the bus falls over the cliff I'll just grab that fat lady over there and use her as an air bag, or if I brace my self just so and assume the fetal position I could make it. And then there are the thoughts of, ok, if we crash I can survive and help everyone out of the bus being an international hero making all the headlines. Yeah, I could read the headlines, Gringo saves 30 in near fatal bus crash!

I had those thoughts for a good hour before I snapped out of it and realized the futility of the situation. Actually, I think that is the minds way of coping with events out of our control. No, I knew if we should loose our footing we were all goners. The jagged cliffs would shred our bus like mozarrela cheese over a pizza.

So what to do? How could I best cope with the terror I was feeling? How do I relax when I'm stressed at home? Of course! I popped in Otis and started humming Mary Had a Little Lamb. Hmmmm....didn't work.

But fortunately for me and the other 30 passengers our bus driver was a surgen because he cut thru the Andes like a 20 year ER veteran! Now if he could just recommend a damn good proctologist to remove my ass cheeks from my sphincter I would be eternally greatful.

Finlander21
Msg: 12 (view)

erratic behaviour from a mystery woman
Posted: 8/14/2007 11:29:39 AM
This person is not who they claim to be. I wouldn't waste any sleep over this. In fact, I had something similar happen....only the person who was playing me made one fatal mistake. When she provided her IM address it had her real name. I googled her name and found out everything she said was a lie. She wouldn't come clean until I suggest my presence at her door might change her mind. After that she spilled the beans. She post a 10 year old pic and 30 lb s lighter. Consider yourself lucky not to be vested to heavily and walk away.
 Finlander21
Msg: 82 (view)

women and why they think men should buy everything ????
Posted: 8/2/2007 2:28:46 PM
zeyphr, you crack me up...your spot on and damn articulate.
 Finlander21
Msg: 147 (view)

worse thing anybody said to you before they broke your heart.
Posted: 8/1/2007 11:00:32 AM
She said "I love you, but I want a divorce". Now I can't even hear another woman say the "L" word without questioning her sincerity. I'm eternally ****ed.
 Finlander21
Msg: 80 (view)

women and why they think men should buy everything ????
Posted: 7/31/2007 8:15:11 AM
Quote; "WTF! Losers! Are all the broke men replying to this post? Seems like it."

Well, I paid for the dates, the wedding, the house, the SUV and everything else.. Why you ask? Because she was worth it.. And I'd do it again for the right gal.

Dumb ass! And what did it get you? Divorced.
 Finlander21
Msg: 111 (view)

How many dates are people actually going on from this site?
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:26:32 PM
Dude, you couldn't be more correct. And what really blows is that I'm actually considered good looking by most women. In fact, I can go to a club and get damn near any number. I just can't take a pic to save my soul and consequently I never get anywhere on these sites.

Show ALL Forums