Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Are thier real ladies out here
 diggy03
Msg: 5 (view)

Are thier real ladies out here
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:17:55 AM
"troll"?

Just like everyone else on here.... you have to weed through it all, get out and meet maybe attend an event or two if that is your thing to mingle...
 diggy03
Msg: 42 (view)

City of Toronto Services Strike
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:08:17 AM

So, if any one of you thinks you can do my job so well, go ahead and apply!!!!
There is a City of Toronto website that lists all the city jobs and their needed qualifications.

I probably would if there was anything up. Go to the precious City of Toronto web site. Ah but alas I am most likely OVERQUALIFIED to do your job.

Due to your strike the City isn't hiring for ANY positions.

You are all selfish.

And T.O. stinks! It is extremely unsanitary what has transpired.
 diggy03
Msg: 12 (view)

Kids in Profiles
Posted: 7/17/2009 9:44:34 AM

Which brings me to another question- why so many women indicating they will only date men that HAVE kids, because only they can know what women go through having kids. I mean, again; it doesn't take a genius to figure that out either!

Personally, I find it (a little) insulting for someone to imply that just because I didn't raise a child I just can't "get it".

Based on most women's experiences this is why they say that "they don't get it."

Take a woman who works 40-45 hours a week. She is a single parent who cooks and cleans and drives the kid(s) to and from daycare...etc...etc...etc..

After a time of dating a suitable suitor, he then becomes a "fixture" in her life. And continues to act as such. He will throw his own temper tantrum if her child(ren) come down with a stomach thing on the very day they were to go to the Opera. Or if the sitter backs out, having a "movie night" with the kids at home because he won't get laid as it's your 5 month anniversary. Yes this list could go on.....

I think it takes two very special people who mesh to make it work whether you are the biololgical father who is dating or the biological mother who is dating.

Too many times the kids are used as pawns for why it didn't work out when really it was your personalities or lifestyles that didn't.

Just keep on keeping on. The right fish is out there for everyone whether they meet through POF or in real life!

Happy
 diggy03
Msg: 29 (view)

City of Toronto Services Strike
Posted: 7/17/2009 9:36:21 AM
No offense to any of you who live in T.O. I haven't read anything prior to my post.

Personally with the economy the way it is... they should all be fired... and people who want and need jobs should be hired.

Now that is not to say that issues don't need to be addressed or changed.... HOW selfish are these people?

diggy03
Msg: 55 (view)

Favourite list
Posted: 7/17/2009 9:31:25 AM
I personally don't see why the favorites list is even an issue.

I'll bet the majority of people on here who utilize it or are on people's lists don't even know most of the people on their list or who;s list they are on. Wait... some have already mentioned this!

Then again for some it makes them feel special to be on X amount of peoples favorites.

Then again, maybe the majority of those 500+ added the person so they can masturbate to their pictures! Taking a wild guess....

Holy geez... why do we psychoanalyze crap like this? There are WAY more important things to worry about in REAL LIFE than a fav's list on line.

Happy
 Diggy03
Msg: 21 (view)

Benefits of dating a Single mom
Posted: 7/16/2009 1:08:59 PM
A parent or not I am still a woman of worth.

What you see is what you get.

How you perceive my having a child and whether that determines dating me or not... is your issue. NOT mine.
 Diggy03
Msg: 9 (view)

Why are so many people on here think they are better than anyone else...?
Posted: 7/16/2009 1:01:32 PM
How are people being demeaned (sp) on this site?

If you personally take offense to something that is said perhaps there is some truth in what is said or there is something in your life that you need to address/fix/work on.

No one here feels superior to anyone else. Everyone here comes from vastly different situations. No matter what point we end up here something someone says just may possibly hit a nerve. So what? They are STRANGERS. What does one persons opinion or attitude have to do with anything?

No matter who you are you are a person of value and worth. Whether to your friends, family, employer, coworkers, children,... the list could go on and on.

Meh... my 2 cents for what it's worth!
 Diggy03
Msg: 41 (view)

PoF on the first date?!
Posted: 7/16/2009 12:52:33 PM
To be quite blunt... I think it matters only how YOU felt when it happened. No one else.

If you were bent out of shape then you know how to proceed.

If it didn't bother you then you know how to proceed.
 Diggy03
Msg: 30 (view)

Single Mothers and how we are preceived on this site
Posted: 7/11/2009 3:18:15 PM

Well, then if it's not issues with self-esteem that causes people to stay with someone abusing them, than what is it... they're just too stupid???? Hmmm

Hmmm... I have often asked myself the same question. WHY I chose the person I chose to have my child with. How was it possible on a sane and rational level that I got caught up in his lies and endured the emotional/mental and financial abuse I did? I am by no means from an abusive home, and I am educated. So tell me... how does a mature, educated, with no history of abuse individual end up with someone as such?

I think one needs to look at the abuser. They are very good at breaking a person down. Making them fearful, keeping them segregated from their friends, family and society (lest the truth come out.)

I don't know. Everyone has had a bad relationship at some point along the way or else we wouldn't be here. I don't believe it is fair to judge each and every person for what an outsider may deem a bad decision.

We are all here for a very short time.. why not enjoy this time.

Personally I strive to learn from the negative and grow from the positive. Yesterday is gone, today is happening right now and tomorrow, I can't wait to get up and begin!
 Diggy03
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2009 9:13:24 AM

I noticed there are a whole lot of those, both men and women who think anybody who are not eager to take on the responsibility of having children are immature regardless of what else they are very capable of, meanwhile many of those very people are just extremely happy only to be in an all exclusive relationship without ever having worry more than the need to.

This is merely from my experiences. Having dated single men with no dependents only to have them a few years later contact me and APOLOGIZE for their behavior while with me. Clearing their conscience for the way they treated me as a single mother. An admittance that at the time they were NOT mature to handle such a thing... GASP!
 Diggy03
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 7/8/2009 2:02:03 PM
Umm... please do not throw stones at me...

For A LOT of men dating a single mother is too much work, and too huge a risk and responsibility for them to take.

It's too much work as they are not his children and sometimes they feel there is competition. We all know how pampered most men need to be. Not to mention the fact the "ex " is forever in the picture in most cases and the majority of single parents aren't exactly best friends with their ex.

It's a HUGE risk to take as there have been men "burned" by single mother's in the past. For example: Single mothers who are not only collecting child support from their child/ren's biologically parent but from the "date" that lasted over 5 years as they were living together. This is an issue in the single parent forum. It gives those of us who are honest a bad rap and a much more difficult time at finding the right fish.

Responsibility as A LOT of men in society are still immature and can't handle a pre-made family. (Let's see who responds to this... it will show how mature you are.) Not that any of us single mother's want or expect it... but some men can't handle NOT being needed, nor are they wanting to "step-up" to the plate and be the man of the house.

Look at who it is that throws the stones where single mother's are concerned. Some on here are forum trolls out to get a reaction too.

Just a few of my perceptions. I say don't let any naysayer get to you. Keep on keeping on.

Happy
 Diggy03

When do they have a right to know the truth?
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:06:01 AM
She has a right to know the truth... but through her own eyes.

Your relationship with him was YOUR relationship with him.

There are services in place to protect your child. If you choose to use them.

She is old enough to have her own lawyer and I'm sure a children's lawyer can be appointed by the courts for her. You really should take this back to court and utilize those witnesses of his behavior.

I agree with most of the advice already given here. Counselling both individual and together may be of great benefit to you both.

All the best!
 Diggy03
Msg: 19 (view)

Not a parent ... but welcome the advice
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:01:06 AM
Hmmm...

I'm going out on a limb here,

It sounds to me like their father hasn't set down any ground rules in HIS home where his children and their behavior are concerned. I think he needs to address and uphold that in his home they need to act with respect towards their elders... even if it is to his girlfriend.
Perhaps he needs to explain how important you are to him, through some one on one time with them.

Your role is to be his partner. To discuss this with him, and come up with possible solutions together. Maybe you should broach this topic with him, albeit gently.

If you get this out of the way now and not in 5 years... then if he goes the other way and it doesn't work out... you haven't wasted five years.

All the best!
 Diggy03
Msg: 3 (view)

Should bio father be let back in childs life
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:11:46 AM
Perhaps you should let the courts decide.
 Diggy03
Msg: 139 (view)

Single Mothers W/ Children: Do you do anything to compensate for the extra work of dating you ?
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:50:01 AM

Why didn't the two of you want to get married before you got pregnant?

Why do people need to be married to procreate?

There are no guarantees the relationship will work out or last. There are a lot of what if's and variables. The people change, they fall out of love, one cheats, one is abusive, one dies, one realizes it's not what they wanted (they get scared and jump ship).... etc etc etc....

There are NO guarantees that raising a child in a "married" house hold that they will fare better than living in a common law or single parent household.

Statistics LIE just like the media! They tend NOT to show the whole picture.
 Diggy03
Msg: 112 (view)

Single mother out to prove the world wrong... is that wrong?
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:17:14 AM
i was raised with strong values, morals, respect and understanding for others,

Then WHY did you get pregnant in the first place? And WHY didn't you consider your options once pregnant?

No one is saying it's not possible for you to be a good mother, what they can't get past is that you are still living the teenager life while stating you raise your child.

A little knowledge for you.... married/common law couples and MOST single parents don't go out as much as you do once there is an infant in the picture. In fact their social lives cut back quite a bit. It's the mature and responsible thing to do, instead of pawning your child off to what family members are available with no consideration for them.

I have read most of the posts especially by you OP, and I think it's a very bad thing that your family is coddling you. They need to step back and allow you to be a grown up. You are a parent and need to grow up and be a little more responsible than you are.

JMHO.
 Diggy03
Msg: 7 (view)

How much does the type of job matter?
Posted: 4/28/2009 6:10:25 AM
You shouldn't feel insecure about what you do for a living. How many people do you know who seriously and honestly do LOVE their jobs and will never complain about what they do?

I like that you have been able to make your passion a career. I agree with everyone above me.
 diggy03
Msg: 15 (view)

ontario ready for more taxes?
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:38:53 AM
And are statused Indians still going to be able to use their status cards for PST exemption?

It sounds like EVERYONE but the government will be getting shafted on this.
 diggy03

Workplace Backstabbing
Posted: 3/23/2009 10:01:58 AM
When I go to work it is to do what I was hired to do. NOT to make friends.

If anyone has a probelm with me it is on their conscience not mine.

The way I see it in the end the truth always comes out. People tend talk the talk way too much, and can never walk the walk when it comes time for them to do the job.
 diggy03
Msg: 6 (view)

How do you learn to let your guard down, once you start dating as a single parent?
Posted: 11/5/2008 10:01:20 AM
Once you have healed yourself emotionally it will be easier.

You have to take a chance to trust. If something is a miss, trust your instincts as you are probably right. But don't look specifically for fault right away in them.
 diggy03

Pity for single parents??
Posted: 11/5/2008 9:55:44 AM
Why pity anyone (single parent or not, or even yourself)

Personally, I don't really care what anyone thinks of me or my situation or the choices I have made and will make in life. Whether I know them or not.

Life is too short to make other people's problems my own.

Be happy.

The rest will follow!
 diggy03
Msg: 38 (view)

Is there a ,,right age to become a mother?
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:10:32 PM
OP, I'm not sure what you are getting out of this thread.

There is no "right age" to be a parent.

You are NEVER fully financially prepared, or emotionally prepared for a child, no matter what anyone says.

Keep in mind that no matter what happens once you are a parent, you are responsible for that child with or without the person who helped create that life's support.

Your life is about the choices you make.

Good luck!
 Diggy03
Msg: 25 (view)

JUNKIE
Posted: 10/6/2008 2:02:41 PM
Umm... that last comment wasn't very nice.

I too was in a similar situation. The best thing I ever did was leave him.

In all honesty OP, the best thing you can do for you and especially your child is to forget him. He won't change and nothing you say or do will make him change.

Yes he helped you conceive your beautiful daughter.... you in essence have THE best part of him. Do what you can for you and your daughter as it is only you two from here on out.

Don't let the negative nellies get you down. Focus on healing yourself emotionally and moving forward.

I wish you all the best.
 diggy03

Acceptable child support purchases....
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:41:59 AM
Unless you are court ordered to submit receipts or show exactly what the cs money is spent on I wouldn't bother.

Besides he is submitting the money to you to spend on his child. How you choose to spend it is up to you. You don't need to justify to us or him how it is spent.

He chose you to be the mother of his child, he should put a bit more trust into you to spend the money on said child.
 diggy03
Msg: 8 (view)

Scary Stuff......
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:01:23 AM
So was this to inform the world not to date any single parent who has a daughter in their teens as this is a potential outcome?

I see so many things wrong with the beginning of this thread.

Was the mother that uninvolved in her child's life to just take her child's word over yours and not to even want to investigate further?
To believe that the police take her word over yours based on what she said without first investingating says a lot.

I'm not saying that in a child's mind this can't happen or come to fruition, but obviously this child has some issues.

Keep in mind for as many dishonest people there as many honest people. Weeding them out is the trick!
 diggy03
Msg: 12 (view)

~ Agh it's dark out! ~
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:48:18 AM
If there was more time in each day I'd spend it with my child.

I find between working, commuting to and from work, then working when I get home (getting supper ready, doing dishes, preparing lunch for the next day etc...) there is maybe an hour and a half of time spent with my child.

for week-ends!!!!
 diggy03
Msg: 18 (view)

So you say you don't want kids, but I have kids?
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:45:07 AM
Have you thought to ask the person what they mean?

diggy03

Why are you here?
Posted: 8/22/2008 10:33:44 AM
Hmmm.... I first joined with a preconceived notion of finding true love.... until I met some people in person.

Mind you there are some I'd LOVE to meet in person (no names will be given) and one day I hope to meet them.... they have become friends online.

Now I come around for the forums, to put my 2 cents where it shouldn't be.

This place is addictive. How can you not keep coming back especially for the forums???

diggy03
Msg: 22 (view)

Is money something to consider when having a child?
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:35:49 AM
In what respect does one need to consider money when having a child?

*As the OP said to maintain one's figure on a gym member ship?
*To buy the expensive Baby Einstein videos when as a parent you should be teaching your children (not a video)?
*To buy toys they will never play with as you buy into the hype?
*To pay for the name brand clothes and shoes you want to put your child into to "keep up with the Joneses" or at least look like you do better than them?

Honestly I think before having a child one must look at where their priorities lie. Children over time have been raised with much less than what most children today are raised on.

Sure one must be prepared for the enevitable such as at the last minute something goes wrong or the child isn't born perfect and have a plan on how they will handle such a thing, or at least know your options on how to find help and such... but I had presumed this was common sense. I guess I was wrong.
 diggy03
Msg: 10 (view)

Why do you have a Tattoo?
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:23:52 AM
When I got my tattoo it was done during a rebellious phase of my life.

It holds no special meaning than that time period.

I definitely want another one but I'm having a difficult time determining what I want and where as well as finding someone reputable that I trust. For me being inked is not something to take lightly.
 diggy03

High school friends who never made anything of themselves
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:20:13 AM
No offense, but who cares?

If you have outgrown these people move on with your life.

How someone chooses to live their life should be of no concern to you unless it endangers you in some way.

diggy03

19 yr old daughter moved out and in with a loser
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:07:16 AM
I don't think the issue is that she moved in with a male you hardly know and presume to be a loser.

I think the issue here is you not willing to let her go. Letting go of the child your baby was and seeing her for the adult she is and can be is probably one of the toughest things a mother can do.

I can't tell you how to cope or get along in life without her so close. This day was coming and I know you weren't thinking it would come this soon but it has.

Don't discount your dreams of her attending college just yet. Some individuals need to take a year or two off to find their niche in life, to live a little not constricted by the confines of a classroom. They need to experience the real world for a while.

I'm sure you are a wonderful mother. Take the time to greive over her not being there. But also keep the lines of communication open. Perhaps get to know this fellow she is living with.

I can tell you my mother has not always approved of my choices when it comes to boyfriends, but the best thing she said to me was "It doesn't matter what I think of him. You have to live with him not me. If he makes you happy, then I am happy."
 diggy03

Moving to another province with child
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:52:09 AM
It's my understanding that yes your ex can have you court ordered to stay in Calgary or if you move take you to court to have you give up your rights to your child... and it will go to court anyway.

I suggest you do get a lawyer and seek out your options.

A friend of mine left Ontario with her two children and moved to Calgary to attend university. By the end of her first semester she was court ordered to return to Ontario with the children as her ex made up some excuse of abduction and he wasn't aware of why she was moving etc etc etc. He did know why she was moving and didn't care. She is now currently enrolled in a university in Ontario near the father so he can exercise his access to his children.

Get a lawyer for yourself. Even if it's through legal aid. You are going to need one.
 diggy03

Women's Choice=no support from fathers???
Posted: 7/14/2008 9:32:15 AM
Regardless of how a child came into this world....

We know that not all individuals who helped are willing to own up to their responsibility.

I say that the custodial parent move on... do what they can to support their child/ren without anyone's help or money.

diggy03
Msg: 27 (view)

Are you offended?By piercings, tattoos or wild coloured hair or haircuts when someone is working?
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:14:40 AM
Nope I'm not confused.

If a "professional" had pink hair and piercings in their eyebrows and odd places on their nose or lips... or even exposed tattoos on their arms or hands.. I would think twice about them.

I was told by my tattoo artist that if I work with people and I enjoy my job to not get any tattoos or piercings where anyone can discriminate against me.

Just 5 years ago I was contemplating getting a vertical lip piercing. Nope never happened. Just my own preference.

Anyways, I don't need to justify why I am against someone such as a doctor, surgeon, or lawyer having visible tatttoos, outrageous piercings, or wild hair.

Oh and for the record, I think it is disgusting when you can see the persons tongue piercing when they talk. Yes I've had my tongue pierced. Took it out as it was damaging my teeth and gums. OOPS I just made a justification.
 diggy03
Msg: 38 (view)

Bad Parenting Behavior
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:30:26 AM
For anyone who really cares my STFU attitude goes to all the regulars on here who are NOT parents constantly belittling and putting everyone who is a parent down. Thinking that they would do a much better job.

It's so easy for ANYONE to judge so long as they are not the one's going through or experienceing what another is.
 diggy03
Msg: 31 (view)

Bad Parenting Behavior
Posted: 6/27/2008 10:46:31 AM
1. To all you people who are NOT parents STFU. You have NO idea how difficult it is to be a parent.

2. You can help control certain behaviours in children but you cannot control them as people. Can you control another adult except yourself?

3. Although I agree with you all that children need consequences to their actions... there also needs to be consistency in them. If a parent or parents do not follow through with the threat or punishment then the child will continue the unwanted behaviour.

Meh... my 2 cents for what it's worth... wasting pennies...
 diggy03
Msg: 11 (view)

Hogtown
Posted: 6/27/2008 10:34:01 AM
Bah.... I have no complaints about Toronto, except it's too busy for me, and well I can't drive downtown... I'll get run over.

Sooooo... instead of having a temper tantrum like the OP... I live out of town and commute to my wonderful job on the outskirts of the GTA.

I think if you already have a jaded view of the GTA that is all you will see.

I'm sure your arrogance to "keep your ipod plugged in and your sunglasses on" has encouraged all those unfriendly folk you have encountered to do the same and appear just as arrogant as you.

diggy03
Msg: 17 (view)

Are you offended?By piercings, tattoos or wild coloured hair or haircuts when someone is working?
Posted: 6/27/2008 10:24:27 AM
Hmmm.... to be honest if I had a surgeon or lawyer with facial piercings, or visible tattoos... or even a mohawk or funky colored hair I wouldn't want them to work for me.

There are certain times and places for such things.

I don't condone piercings or tats.. I have a few of each of my own... I'm just saying....
 diggy03

Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:55:58 AM
So diggy you got some great friends there, are they allowed to talk to your kids?

Not my friends.. my ex's friends.

We are not talking about heroin.

And why not? Last time I checked it was listed as a drug. How do you know what someone deems as drug use or not? Some people may associate taking pain medication as being on drugs, especially if it's by prescription. So, were you trying to suggest that one cannot compare marijuana to herion?

And for someone so adamantly against pot you may not want to admit to being in the presence of these people we may have to report you because we all know addicts are liars, right?

Are you threatening me?

Allow me to please explain and justify things more clearly for you:
Not that it's any of your business... I left my child's father along with the said people he chose to associate with. In fact they live 16 hours away from me. I have not seen him since I left. Therefore... my child is NOT exposed to such individuals.
 diggy03
Msg: 1703 (view)

Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:48:47 AM
Umm.. I can't believe this thread is as long as it is.

diggy03
Msg: 17 (view)

Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:42:08 AM
if you drink alcohol and have this point of view about weed you need to wake up!

Yes it states on my profile that I drink - socially. Now obviously what is considered socially by some may not be the same as what another considers socially. For justifications sake.. the last time I ever had any alcoholic beverage was on New Year's eve.

I am entitled to any opinion I want especially when I have seen the damage caused by alcoholism , and extreme marijuana use (it makes one really really slow in the mental area), not to mention how drugs of choice affect those who choose to snort or inject. Not that it's any of anyone's business but I have seen people snort cocaine... as well as crushed up T3's (tylenol 3's) we like to call "poor man's cocaine." I have also seen people shoot up meth and other such drugs one can inject with a needle. I know someone who was hospitalized and almost lost their arm from their injection use due to infection.

You want to tell me again to "wake-up!"
 diggy03

Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:12:51 AM

pot is not a drug

Really? Then why is it that having smoked marijuana is the same as being drunk.. in the eyes of law enforcement?

To each their own I guess. Perhaps smoking marijuana really does kill brain cells... to be so ignorant and to say that marijuana is not a drug.

No.. in the long run it isn't anyones business what anyone does where drug use is concerned. But it does become my business when and if your ignorance causes a car accident (or any accident) that harms/kills my child and YOU get to walk away.

Is igonorance truly bliss?
 diggy03
Msg: 49 (view)

So when did schools get the right?!?
Posted: 5/27/2008 10:18:40 AM
W O W!!!

Control freaks on here or what????

Some things are beyond a persons control until the next business day.

Did you all miss that her children were unharmed. She was just a bit concerned that her children were too quick to ask permission and the teacher was too quick to say yes.

She is valid in having questions, and I'm sure she is responsible enough to contact the school, or go to the school and speak to the principal and the children's teacher.

I do beleive that she was on a "dating site" to ask for some advice and seek solace in what she experienced, as she is a forum regular. To know that her freaking out internally over this is normal and that things will be o.k. Maybe even to find out if anyone else has experienced a similar situation and maybe they would let her know of the outcome.

Ah.. what do I know? I'm not a control freak.

diggy03
Msg: 39 (view)

So when did schools get the right?!?
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:09:58 PM
O.K. it's Monday.

Is everything copesetic (sp)?
 diggy03
Msg: 11 (view)

such a hipocracy
Posted: 5/22/2008 9:18:17 AM
I don't understand from the OP how anyone is being a hypocrite when it comes to dating a single parent.

Just because some people choose NOT to venture forth into a relationship with a single parent doesn't make them any less a person than the single parent.

Oh and just because some people feel the need to justify why they will or will not date a single parent and only bring up the negative... that is their prerogative.

Why let what strangers say affect you? Is it true what they say? Is that why it hits a nerve with you?

Happy
 diggy03
Msg: 82 (view)

Dating and ODSP
Posted: 5/18/2008 10:16:28 AM
Yes... EVERYONE no matter their financial situation is valid in wanting and receiving love.

I had expressed in my first post that yes there are people on disability through no fault of their own and I respect that.

I know quite a few people who can work and who do under the table and are on ODSP because it's easier for them to wait for a cheque and live their days high or drunk than be active members of society.

Perhaps my view of ODSP and people on it is a bit jaded, and I have blinders on... but when I see how much of my taxes are taken off my cheque that I work 44 hours a week to get, it angers me when I think of the people abusing the system who don't need to be on it.

I'm not saying that those in here with the courage to write in here about being on ODSP are abusing the system. I'm sure you are all very wonderful people. You need to understand where those of us with our guard up are coming from. We are merely attempting to justify why we will or will not date someone on ODSP as was asked in the OP. Yet when you read an answer that you are not happy with you argue it.
 diggy03
Msg: 19 (view)

What are your plans for this long weekend?
Posted: 5/17/2008 7:05:55 AM
I have been contemplating taking my daughter to the Ontario Science Centre.

Other than I am house sitting for my parents who are on two separate vacations.
 diggy03
Msg: 18 (view)

Why Do Men Stay With Thier Wives ?
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:27:49 PM
I believe the person who is married to the cheater can answer this question best.. but for the sake of you asking here I suppose one can attempt to delve psychologically into why they would go back/take back a cheater.

For obvious reasons some people won't take a cheater back.

For those that do... perhaps the one taking them back feels their vows in front of their God mean something more to them. I always thought that when you get married you are vowing to love them no matter what even if they do stray from the marriage as in religion, divorce is pretty much non existent.

Perhaps the cheater had a desire to (please don't rip me apart for this) "be with someone for the sake of knowing how it would feel" like a mid life crisis type thing, or maybe they feel they are in a loveless marriage and without properly communicating to their partner their wants and needs they seek it in others.

Perhaps the couple has agreed to an open marriage and they have permission to seek out other partners.

Perhaps there is some underlying abuse, emotionally, mentally, maybe even physically and this is all the person being cheated on knows. Drama, drama, drama....

I had a counsellor who once said that when a persons cheating is brought to the surface in a marriage/relationship it often opens doors of communication that couldn't be or weren't previously opened. Sometimes a persons cheating helps bring the couple closer together. Don't shun this idea.. think about it. For some people it does.

Hope this helps!
 diggy03
Msg: 25 (view)

Whose choice? Parents or governement?
Posted: 5/14/2008 11:17:50 AM

A few religuos groups do not allow for blood transfusions or transplants of any kind. The children who belong to such groups die and government accepts this under the guise of freedom of religion. What if this boy was in need of blood transfusion and ws a member of one of these religous groups? We woud be hearing nothing about this at all.

Umm.. not to change the subject but yes we would be hearing about this.

Who here remembers the sextuplets born in B.C. and when the parents refused a blood transfusion to one or two of them (as they were preemies) the government stepped in and made sure the children recieved said blood so they would survive.

I don't feel that at 11 the child is unable to make his own decisions. Just because a government says that an adult is 18 years or older. Has anyone here ever experienced chemo and being in the hospital and everything that goes with being sick from cancer? If you have or are very close to soemone who has I believe the child is within his right to decide if he wants to experience it all over again. It is not the most pleasant thing.

I don't see why the government needs to get involved in this. Does the government get involved EVERY time someone refuses treatment for something or is this such a media circus because it revolves around a child?

Show ALL Forums