Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why should you attend events?
 summer_magic
Msg: 115 (view)

Why should you attend events?
Posted: 3/14/2009 11:14:57 AM
All I know is that I was ignored. I didn't see any sign up sheet. I sat at the bar and was out front waiting for someone to approach me, just at least say hi. It didn't happen.

As for my friend, I don't know if she will ever go back. She left almost a year ago after she heard someone else talking about a person she called a friend in a very distasteful manner. She couldn't understand how this cheerful and outgoing person could be talked about in such an ugly way.

Any now, she's is now afraid of what folks say about her behind her back. And that friend that she over heard the conversation about, was obviously not a friend either. Not one person from these events has contacted her to see if she is ok. That's how she knows that she really didn't have friends there. Whenever I ask her if she will just give the event another try, because there may be new people there, she says no. She is tired of being rejected.

I have been her friend for a long time. She is a very sweet person that would do anything for anyone. And when I see her upset about people that she considered friends, it breaks my heart.

From what she says is that: Many people knew of her, but didn't know her. And that's sad.
 summer_magic
Msg: 95 (view)

Why should you attend events?
Posted: 3/12/2009 12:29:45 PM
I went to an event ONCE. It was at a bar on Hilliard-Rome Rd. I went to prove a friend of mine wrong. When she said you can't make friends at these events, I thought she was over-reacting. She said that no one gives a crap about anyone else unless they are a drunk or can get something from you.

Well, like I said, I wanted to prove her wrong. It was almost a year ago that I went, but I can see where she was coming from. First, not one person spoke with me all night. All they did was play cards or pool. Went out to have a cigarette and all I heard was a couple of people bad-mouthing someone else.

I stayed for almost an hour. Not one person introduced themselves to me. I didn't know who belonged in the group, so I didn't know who to approach. I left after feeling that I owed my friend a big apology for telling her that she was imagining things.

I try to get her to go out with me and my other friends, but she refuses because she doesn't feel like being treated less than human again.

So if you want to go to a PoF event you must be able to do one of these two things very well. Either drink a lot and proclaim that you can drive this way or be good at kissing others backsides to be accepted. The horror stories that I have been told, I can now believe with 100% accuracy.
 summer_magic
Msg: 199 (view)

Gas Price increase. What do you think?
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:53:40 PM
OMG, you two sound like children. Everywhere I go, you two are arguing. Grow up.
 summer_magic
Msg: 28 (view)

Doesn't anybody have anything to say?
Posted: 1/7/2009 9:56:49 AM
I don't know you, but congratulations. Good to hear when someone does find someone to be with. I wish you well.
 summer_magic
Msg: 26 (view)

New Years Resolutions...
Posted: 1/4/2009 10:42:34 PM
I have resolved that I am going to learn how to live with the basics. I have already gotten rid of my cable, and now selling off things that I haven't used in the last 6 months. I want to unclutter my life. I am now only buying necessary items. Extra money goes into a rainy day fund, or a vacation of my dream fund.
 summer_magic
Msg: 2 (view)

New Years Eve Parties in Central New York
Posted: 12/30/2008 1:15:56 PM
You may want to check the events under New York.
 summer_magic
Msg: 9 (view)

Things to do with your kids
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:19:31 AM
On Nov. 20th the zoo will begin having their Christmas lights out. This year they are having some lazer show over the pond every hour.

Also, in December, I believe the 13th, Ohio Historical Village is having their Charles D!ckens Christmas event. Children are taught different crafts such as item made of leather, candle making, and other things.

Hope this helps.
 summer_magic
Msg: 13 (view)

Confused
Posted: 11/13/2008 4:17:20 PM
Why are you confused? She is getting you in the middle of her mess. Dump her a$$.

Geez people, use some common sense, that's why God gave you that brain. USE IT!!!
 summer_magic

Ive been used for the last 3 years
Posted: 11/8/2008 6:27:12 PM
This may sound weird, but when a woman is treated like garbage from a former relationship she doesn't know how to react when someone treats her right.

Sounds like she may need therapy. The next time she calls, tell her that you cannot be with her but as a friend you recommend that she gets some therapy for her anger issues.

She can take or leave the advice. But for your sanity, I would let that be the last contact with her.

JMO
 summer_magic
Msg: 143 (view)

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS................
Posted: 11/8/2008 6:02:34 PM
I would like to have my whole family together for Christmas. It would be the first time in 20 years.
 summer_magic
Msg: 23 (view)

A free country indeed, Finally a change! Do you see it?
Posted: 11/7/2008 3:09:45 PM
I do admit I don't know that McCain would have been a great President, and I thought about casting my vote to Nader. But I knew he would not win and it would be a race only between these two and we couldn't afford to waste a vote.

This is why Independent candidates will never win. What about voting your conscience. Why do people insist on voting among the 2 party lines, when they feel that there is a much better choice? How about the one's that wanted an Independent candidate in office, but instead voted for Obama because they felt that HE was the lesser of the 2 evils? They are just as wrong.

Maybe I did throw my vote away, but at least I voted for whom I believed would have been the better President.

Please, the next election, vote for who you feel is the better person, not who you feel has the better chance. If everyone would do that, the outcomes of elections may surprise everyone.
 summer_magic
Msg: 17 (view)

A free country indeed, Finally a change! Do you see it?
Posted: 11/6/2008 6:53:01 PM
I cannot believe over half the country fell for Obama's act. All he gave was hope. His track record in the Senate was horrible. Most of the time he voted "present". He refused to get his hands dirty.

His campaign reminded me of Hitler. So many promises of a future, with nothing in his background to back him up. And yet, had so many people following him blindly.
Shame on you all.

All I see in the next 4 years is the rich losing what they earned, and the poor getting what they don't deserve.

I see my tax dollars being spent on bailing people out on bad loans that they was HOPING that they could afford with annual raises at their jobs, or just not reading what they were signing. Whatever happened to paying $200 to have a lawyer read a contract that was worth $150k or more. Not my fault the ignorant got greedy. So, why should I bail you out.

And if you don't have health care. Too bad, go get the education you need, to get the job that would give you that benefit.

Stop wanting other to bail you out.

Obama will run this country further into the ground.

By the way, I was NOT a McCain supporter either. Neither one is fit to run this country.
 summer_magic
Msg: 8 (view)

How About a Group Dinner and maybe a Movie
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:49:10 PM
Spageddi's at Tuttle Mall is awesome and fairly priced.
 summer_magic
Msg: 169 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2008 10:08:28 AM
http://www.columbusgasprices.com/
 summer_magic
Msg: 8 (view)

Should a Child be allowed to win
Posted: 10/25/2008 10:28:01 AM
A friend of mine had this problem, and this is what she did.

When the daughter went to her father's as a punishment towards her mother, all hell broke loose, but the mother won.
She asked the boyfriend to stay away for a couple of weeks while she took the situation under control. He did so, knowing that she was embarrassed and ticked off. My friend went to her ex's and told her daughter that she wished her a good life and wanted the house key immediately. (Note: she spoke with her ex beforehand, and they agreed on this).

My friend went home, upset of course, but determined to win.

3 days later, after no contact, her daughter called and talked to her mother pleading to come home. She realized that dad had rules too, imagine that. LOL

To make a long story short, Daughter and mother had a long talk. Rules were agreed upon. Boyfriend came back. Everyone respects everyone else. Well, most of the time, remember she is still a teen.
 summer_magic
Msg: 49 (view)

A Question for the girls!
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:14:13 PM
Over the 11 years though she has
been with many guys in different relationships and I have dated others

And another quote: "Oh I can cut ties...the first girl that falls "In Love"with me... that will happen."

This IMO is the pot calling the kettle black.
He will dump her as soon as he finds a girl that falls in love with him.
Just as she dumps him when she's in a relationship.

She is doing nothing that he wouldn't do. The only bad thing is, as typical, one person in a FWB got emotionally involved and the other didn't.

What the OP needs to do is grow the hell up and stop whining. Leave the relationship (friendship) if its not working for you.
 summer_magic
Msg: 3 (view)

What now?
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:17:52 PM
He is an ex for a reason. Why did you bust up in the first place. Use that head on your shoulders and stop letting your heart lead you around.
 summer_magic
Msg: 7 (view)

Am I being naive??
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:45:36 PM
Geez, how many threads are you going to start about the same story.

Just move on.
 summer_magic
Msg: 122 (view)

Any testimonials for Chantix for quitting smoking?
Posted: 9/30/2008 1:35:12 PM

People should have enough brains to quit taking a drug they know is causing them to become depressed and suicidal.

When you are depressed that last thing you think about is what is causing it. Hell, it took me almost 2 weeks to figure it out, and that was after talking to friends and family about how I was feeling. They are the one's that put the pieces together.

Having "enough brains" has nothing to do with it when you are struck with emotions attacking you without any warning or anything to cause an onset.
 summer_magic
Msg: 121 (view)

Any testimonials for Chantix for quitting smoking?
Posted: 9/30/2008 1:31:58 PM
I started Chantix 3 week ago. The first week and a half was fine. Didn't slow down in smoking, but was hoping that it would within a short period of time.

Well, about 10 days ago I started suffering from insomnia and depression. I would go to bed at 11 pm but not get to sleep until 6-7 am. Get up at 10:30 am for work. I would also cry at the drop of a hat. Something sad, happy, or disturbing on tv, I would cry.

I called my doctor this morning about this, and was told to stop the medication immediately. He said one of the side effects is suicide tendencies. OMG, can you imagine if I didn't call the doctor and just kept feeling this way. He told me the side effects after stopping the medication can last for up to a week. He said that I needed to stay with someone just to be safe.

I hear that it works for many people, unfortunately I am not one of them. I will have to try something else.
I have tried gum and patches in the past.
Any other suggestions?
 summer_magic
Msg: 7 (view)

We wanted different things
Posted: 9/29/2008 6:21:27 PM
I am not holier than thou, I just don't let guys play with my emotions. I would get out of the relationship (or whatever you want to call it) before the guy has any more chances to hurt me. It's called self-preservation. Men like to play games, it's a given; and I would be damned if one would play this type of game with me.
 summer_magic
Msg: 12 (view)

How To Peel A Hard-Boiled Egg....Incredible....Try It
Posted: 9/29/2008 3:43:50 PM
Also, if you want the yoke in the middle. Roll the egg in one direction before putting in the pan to boil. Ever since I learned this, I've had perfect deviled eggs.
 summer_magic
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 9/29/2008 3:34:37 PM
The point is, he did tell you what he wanted. If he changed his mind, do you think he would have said something. Just move on and stop playing the game he obviously wants you to play. Good grief, when a man does not have what you want, move on. It simple. All you are doing is putting stress into your life that I am sure you don't need.

Remember, one red flag is too many red flags.
 summer_magic

Posted: 9/29/2008 3:21:32 PM
What the hell did you expect? He told you what he wanted. Did you think you would change his mind after entering his bed? Jeez, you are the type that give the women that really do want a ltr a bad name. No wonder men think we are play toys. You let a smooth talker get to you. How gullible!!!!!!

You got what you deserved, now move on.
 summer_magic
Msg: 54 (view)

How a black male can approach white women... help
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:21:50 PM

I think this whole thread was created by the OP so that he could get a date or two..
Well , he DID find out which women here would date him didn't he?

Seems he won't tell why he doesn't want a black woman ..{/quote]

Maybe he's had bad experiences in his own race. Me, I will never date a white man again. They all think that I owe them something, they own me, and they use me. Any black man that I have dated has ALWAYS treated me with the respect that I deserve.

So, it all depends on one's own experiences.
 summer_magic
Msg: 289 (view)

My son is on drugs.......
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:25:48 PM
Oh my, 12 pages of this.

For goodness sakes, if you really care, put him in rehab where professionals KNOW how to deal with this. At first he will be mad, but eventually he will learn that you did it in his best interest.

At least he won't be on the street, where if you try to do everything yourself, that's where he will probably end up anyways!!!
 summer_magic
Msg: 50 (view)

why are weman the way they are
Posted: 8/27/2008 11:09:34 AM
OP: Suck it up, she fell out of love with you, plain and simple. Wipe up your pitiful tears and move on.

And another thing, "weman" are not the only type of human that does this. Men have been doing this since the beginning of time. The only problem with men is that they are aggravated that women have studied and perfected the game of cheating and lying.

It is everywhere. Not all people are like your wife. There are decent human beings on this earth, its just hard to sift through the smut and trash that has impacted our world. I hope for better things for you in the future. You just need to move on and find that special someone that would love to be with you on or off the road.
 summer_magic
Msg: 39 (view)

Am I wasting my time?
Posted: 8/4/2008 5:38:36 PM
Kids always are the priority, BUT they are not the controller.

Now let me explain that. First if my child was in a play, game, hospitalized, or something scheduled then my child will and must come first.

But, if I have plans, and my child calls and decides that they he wants to come over without notification, then I have to explain that I have other plans and that we could get together the next day.

This is information that you need from him. There is a difference between your child being a priority and your child taking advantage and controlling you.

And his job? Well, everyone has their own goals in their work, maybe you could discuss what his goals are and maybe you can understand why he spends so much time at work.

Waiting for sex may be the best thing in the relationship. Just imagine getting to know about his like and dislikes in life, discovering things that he may not tell a lot of people, just getting to know him intimately. And then a day comes that you are together and fireworks!!!
Sometimes waiting can be a great thing.

It's all about communication.
 summer_magic
Msg: 110 (view)

KINGS ISLAND August 2nd, 2008
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:58:43 PM
Well, I went to Kings Island hoping to meet some great people. When I arrived, there was no sign or anything stating that they were a PoF group. I left after 11am. I didn't see any sense in staying and walking around by myself, what fun is that? I gave my ticket away on Craig's List when I got home. At least someone will have some fun.

If the group is planning to meet at a very busy place, maybe you should be a little more prepared for those that has never been to an event. I thought this would be a great place to go since there were coaster riders, water sliders, and all different types of activities that people likes.

I don't go to bars because I detest them, I don't like camping, but this I would have liked. Thanks for the waste of my time and gas.
 summer_magic

Are you only attracted to unavailable people?
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:24:27 AM
I have read a lot of your posts, and I do believe that you have WAY to much time on your hands. Do you always analyze every aspect of life. Just live and have some fun. Too much thinking makes a very dull person.
 summer_magic
Msg: 127 (view)

Posted: 7/3/2008 8:11:47 AM
Has anyone considered boycotting? I don't mean boycotting all gas station on a certain day of the week. That just won't work. How about boycotting a major supplier, such as Exxon/Mobil indefinitely.

We all need gas, but if we buy elsewhere and not from one certain supplier I believe that we just may see prices go down or at least level out. When they don't make the profit like other suppliers are making, I can bet they will be running to Washington D.C. and find a way for the government to bring the prices back down.

We as a country don't fight for what we think is fair anymore. In the early 1900's we fought for fair wages and hours. In the 60's we fought for equal treatment to all people. Also at that time there were sit-ins for fair costs on college education. Lately us American have just taken what has been handed to us, we don't fight anymore.

Yes, we need to conserve. But we also need to fight for what we believe is right. It's suppose to be the American way.
 summer_magic
Msg: 5 (view)

When does your Christmas Tree go up?
Posted: 11/8/2007 5:58:34 PM
I put mine up on Christmas Eve. The kids faces are great to see Christmas morning.

Show ALL Forums