Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is it ok to chat you up in a supermarket?
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 33 (view)

Is it ok to chat you up in a supermarket?
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:03:47 AM
Re: Maya

I'm sure you've never made a poor choice in your life.

Being uncomfortable with someone chatting to you while you're out in public doesn't give off the most stable vibe thats for sure. I certainly didnt question anyone's right to choose so I'm not sure why you want to write a fictional story mid-thread. It may well have been rude but I'm just being honest and expressing my thought on the matter. You'll find thats actually a choice I made and one I will always tend to make.

Re: aquariusgirl69

Some good insight from your post. Do bare in mind I wasn't specifically talking about you though, if it came across that way I'm sorry. I meant all people who would be uncomfortable with it, male, female, someone who posted in this thread or otherwise.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2012 3:40:27 AM
How dare you ask a question?

Honestly I wonder if someone who would be uncomfortable being flirted with in a supermarket is really ready for dating
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 74 (view)

Internet v Real World Dating
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:54:09 AM
With online dating you come to appreciate real world rejection
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 2:08:53 PM
On the plus side in your black and white pic you look fairly dark

You know what they say, misery loves company. I guess that explains why you're still here. But absolutely everyone will be repulsed by your negativity
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 1:51:14 PM
Make sure you end the conversation by ushering her towards the exit. When she asks why you're being so demanding you can say you want to "Checkout her ass"
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 1:33:25 PM
The general rule is you must be holding something from the supermarket and make a pun about it. For example if you are in the frozen food section you may find and use "Peas to meet you". Cannot possibly go wrong...
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 1:18:04 PM
Please dont mistake thinking specific types of people are stupid for being upset. I'm sure if people were upset they'd leave. Wouldn't you?

This is simply something all guys will have come across on the site, just like I'm sure all girls will have come across half-naked abs man and penis in a private message man.

I dont think any of the males will tell you those guys dont exist, arent a problem or that its actually your own issues about penises and you are projecting them into an image on your screen.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 1:05:01 PM
*Makes physical note of all hypocrites with their "axe to grind" about women not being able to win and men projecting, then sticks it to the fridge with a magnet*

You know whats worse than not standing over 6 feet tall or not standing with the greatest stature?

Not standing for what you speak.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 12:34:36 PM
I think I'm going to wear stilts everytime I go out and insist that only women 7 feet tall contact me
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 12:18:48 PM
Tom Cruise is playing Jack Reacher, he must be at least 6'5 like the character... Oh wait its just more bad casting. Maybe at 5'8 I can get a part in a film as Godzilla then
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 12:01:54 PM
Personally I wouldn't give a crap what other people think if I was walking by with a taller lady due to heels or otherwise. There are more important things like, I don't know, enjoying ourselves on a date? I guess that makes me weird.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 11:52:04 AM
Out of curiousity which of you female posters (hey men too if thats your thing) like to wear heels when they go out? Pretty sure its exclusively because of that. It does seem very silly to disqualify the majority of potential life partners for the sake of the style of shoe you like to wear when you go out but what would I know eh?
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 10:33:28 AM
Females looking for men in my area, age group, long term within 8 miles = 218

Males looking for female in my area, age group, long term within 8 miles = 600+

I normally have my radius larger than that but reduced it more and more to see when 600+ males stopped coming up.

I think its a moot point because I'm personally not interested in every single pof member in the immediate area. And neither are they all interested in me. The total numbers don't really matter because the vast majority are to me, plain Janes and people I dont find particularly interesting or I'm not attracted to. The people I have had an attraction to or found interesting were instead by the handful, not by the hundred.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 9:42:35 AM
Yep very easy. Those who are 6'0+ are confident and anyone less than that couldn't possibly be

Its not like being willing to be the smaller of the couple (heels or no) and being made fun of for it takes confidence :)
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 8:10:45 AM
No. Back to height.

From what I've seen it tends to be some of the more attractive users who are being specific about height. Perhaps they feel like they are only single and on pof because they are looking for someone tall? I'm not sure that really helps anyone other than Johnny Longlegs
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 39 (view)

What inspires you to message someone?
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:40:08 AM
Sofa so good with that plan
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 218 (view)

What puts you off messaging someone?
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:33:49 PM
I should add that saying your friend put you up to this, that you arent sure what you're doing here or that you dont know what to make of this site are going to mark you as a waste of time.

If your friend put you up to this you are going to flake and you're here on this dating website to find someone to spend time with. I hope that helps
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2012 2:02:00 PM
Well both have their problems so neither are ideal. But to some extent you can make real life dating ideal (by where you go to meet people and what kinds of people will generally be there) whereas online dating you cannot.

In real life if you are yourself, but present yourself as well as possible through what you wear, conversation and flirting you won't go too far wrong. If you are proactive you may or may not have as much success as you'd like but chances are you'd know why the person wasnt interested, where you stand and hopefully a bit of credit for giving it a go.

Online you have to meet a certain set of benchmarks before someone will give you the time of day. This funnels everyone into trying to be a very similar person, because thats the person who will have success with online dating. This doesnt mean that online dates dont want you to stand out - on the contrary they definitely want you to stand out. But they want you to stand out in the way that seemingly everyone agrees is "better" than the normal person, ie. a great looking body, being handsome, tall and other physical notes. You could be incredibly successful or incredibly unsuccessful and not really know why. But mostly it comes down to being a bit more attractive than the rest of the people contacting said person.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 216 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2012 10:47:34 AM
Not being online or on the will reply list. Having a profile that looks like it was written in 3 minutes 51 seconds. Inhuman orange skin. Looking like you haven't got your shit sorted out/not taking pride in your appearance. Boring me to death on the forum. Very matter of fact profiles that focus more on their job or status than on their personality, I want to know your opinions not read your CV.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 30 (view)

Does someone having kids put you off
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:23:48 PM
Nope, having kids wouldnt be a problem. Acting like one might be.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 52 (view)

Contact History - what's yours?
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:23:21 PM
Because you're a clean slate?
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 45 (view)

Has your view of the opposite sex changed since using this site?
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:22:21 PM
I'm confident and being ignored is still the worst. Tell me to go **** myself or that my forehead is too large. Pick out one of my very many character flaws. But show you have something about you rather than being a coward.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2012 2:11:22 PM
Yes, we all knew that already. The only people who will deny that are those with the agenda to come across as a white knight who understands all the women of the plenty of fish forum, thinking that people are daft enough not to notice.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 42 (view)

Has your view of the opposite sex changed since using this site?
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:08:10 PM
If my view had changed thanks to what I'd seen on plenty of fish, it would be that the few slightly attractive women out there are just looking for very tall guys because they like to wear heels. And thats whats most important to them.

I dont think it has really changed my outlook on the everyday girl I meet on the street.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2012 12:56:51 AM
Well if you were male we'd say you haven't started trying yet. But maybe those are the correct numbers for a female
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 29 (view)

What inspires you to message someone?
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:00:19 PM
What inspires me to message someone?

The fact I dont have a girlfriend.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 12/26/2012 6:52:42 PM
Pretty sure I'd delete my profile and maybe everyone else's too, if I actually checked how many I contacted and how much time has been wasted. So I wont be looking to see my contact history. Your profiles are safe.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 16 (view)

Would you still be on POF if it wasn't for the Forums???
Posted: 12/17/2012 2:29:37 PM
Yes. Sometimes I think maybe I'm here in spite of the forums.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 12 (view)

Santa, when did you find out?????
Posted: 12/16/2012 4:02:59 PM
I think I was always pretty sure nobody would dress like that
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 86 (view)

Premier League Football...There are 92 clubs in the league!
Posted: 12/12/2012 10:35:28 AM
Ahh brilliant, here's where you confirm yourself as the typical little Englander championship fan. You come up with your little stories about everyone else sitting at home while you go and watch games, even when you've been told a fact to the contrary. You glorify getting up in the morning, travelling up to 300 miles (What? You're going to leave out the part where everyone has to support their local team? How dissappointing, your act seems half-assed), buy a programme to support the club :D when buying a ticket and investing in the club are the real way to do that without handing over your money to third parties printing needless booklets.

Then you go on to talk about blood and guts being shown last night against Arsenal, not being wise enough to see that organisation was far more important a much larger key to the victory. This might insult your elitism a little but dont worry, thats completely intention, but while you are watching snot fly and talking to your mates about how watching championship football is far more rewarding than the peons paying to watch premier league football, you're clearly not absorbing the tactical side of the game, which is more than just lump it to the big guy. There's a lot of strategy involved, not just on the pitch on game day but in the preperation and training before the game. Both goals in open play were from set pieces, I guess they just came together by magic and I'm sure it was blood and thunder that won the penalty shootout, not practice and deciding who are the best takers.

I do find it quaint though that you think Arsenal and premier league footballers are the masters of the game but I suppose you got a bit giddy when you saw Arsenal pass the ball in triangles and didnt lose it after 4 passes. I can think of no other explaination as to why Arsene Wenger's worst ever Arsenal team would qualify for you, other than the completely obvious reasoning of you knowing little to nothing about the current state of top level football in this country.

I have no doubts you love that statement about United fans never having been to Manchester. Much like all your other football knowlege its hearsay and mythical at that. Something a world away from generic old you, the better football fan.

At United we have something similar. Those who would rather see United relegated so the Glazer family will want to leave. We call these idiots Top Reds. But you dont even deserve a nickname. Just pity.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 84 (view)

Posted: 12/12/2012 3:39:11 AM
Last week. You?

I don't remember Leo Messi playing for Brighton. And honestly if its all about the blood and guts or snot as you put it, football seems a strange choice. Why not Rugby?
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2012 12:53:05 AM
Personally I'd rather watch and learn from masters of their craft at a football match, rather than be covered in snot.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 77 (view)

Premier League Football
Posted: 12/10/2012 4:01:36 AM
We've now won away at City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Last time we did that was the 1913-1914 season. Top of the league by 6 points and we haven't really played that brilliantly yet. It'll be a long, hard road to win the title but with important injured players returning and our history of being a much better side after christmas, the positives are far outweighing the negatives unlike with our title rivals City and Chelsea.

Mancini may not be around too much longer.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 71 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2012 6:23:33 PM
It just comes down to the fact that a lot of women don't need to reply in order to come up with that one result, a message from a person who they feel is right for them. So they won't message. There is no good excuse, just an honest one. You don't want to do what you dont have to do. You are lazy.

For most men, not taking the time to write a nice message and profile is also not going to get the result of contact with someone who they feel is right for them. So they must message. I see it as like feeding coins into a slot machine. Its only worth it when you finally hit the jackpot and until then its an utter waste of time and resources.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 14 (view)

Forums.......Better than the profiles for getting to know you.
Posted: 12/5/2012 2:48:45 PM
Forums are better but that doesn't make them a good reflection of you.

A profile is meant to cover all sides of you, but really you mostly sound like everyone else. Forum posting shows one side of you a little clearer but its still a world a way from knowing you.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2012 2:44:53 PM
Yes. Its so damn time consuming to copy and paste "Thanks but no thanks" 30 times. Thats why people are absolutely delighted to receive copy and paste first messages, since people put in all that time and effort to talk to you.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 4 (view)

Second date at hers?
Posted: 12/3/2012 7:16:51 PM
Hmm. If a girl I was dating wanted to watch the xfactor I'd lose all confidence in myself. She clearly has terrible taste.
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 75 (view)

Premier League Football
Posted: 12/3/2012 7:14:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483607_10151256883988190_644925429_n.jpg
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 72 (view)

Premier League Football
Posted: 12/2/2012 2:33:05 PM
Star you dont think the previous few seasons where Chelsea didnt spend much on the team were a sign that Roman had got bored? Granted he's come back in and splashed the cash this summer and before that on Torres and Luiz last winter, but if he's stopped putting cash in once he'll probably do it at some point in the future again.

What made him think of Rafa was the fact he was free without compensation needed to release him from his club. Plus he's done well in europe in the past and even though he took a champions league winning team and made them look like my sunday football team, he did win the club world cup with them and has the chance to do that with Chelsea in a similar situation.

As for United, we, yes we, have so many injuries in our defence every year. Ferdinand and Vidic have barely played together for the past 18 months and they were our first choice. Evans has come in and done well but he's mainly looking good because he's playing a bit better than Ferdinand who has lost his pace and doesnt seem to want to attack the ball anymore. Just stand in the right position and let whoever is next to him do all the defending. Vidic is back soon and if he can stay fit till the end of the season it'll make a huge difference. Its a big if. Also Smalling is fit again and he rarely lets us down so my preference would be Smalling and Vidic with Evans coming in when one of them isnt available. Rio needs to relocate his balls in the meantime.

We've secretly and not so secretly been pants this season, but we're pants on the top of the league. So you should be worried that we might actually get some luck with injuries for once and our wingers stop playing terribly, because if we actually start playing well you might only see our tails.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 68 (view)

Premier League Football
Posted: 12/1/2012 3:41:05 PM
2 no score draws and a defeat. The Rafalution is truly upon us, its almost as if hes never been away.

Keep Rafa At Chelsea. Facht.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 18 (view)

Skype or video chat before you meet? So polite
Posted: 12/1/2012 3:19:51 PM
On the other hand Skype is usually just as convenient as a phonecall. Why wouldnt you use a picture as well as a call? You can get a little more information that way. Its nothing like meeting in person, certainly not an alternative, but if you're going to make a phonecall theres no reason not to do it over skpe.

Put it this way, if someone told me they'd love to talk on the phone but absolutely refused to talk over skype I'd obviously have the impression that they're hiding something. Even if they arent.
 Chocolatetrousers
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2012 8:12:34 PM
Silly screen names...

Really it'd be YOLO. Everyone knows.

****ing about lots of things in your profile. Guess what, you come across as a ****. Congratulations

Trying to be that same blonde with the fake tan.

Where are all the genuine guys?!?!?! All around you but you dont notice them because they dont have a six pack.

Show ALL Forums