Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would relationships be better if the honeymoon hormones never went away?
 cw35
Msg: 9 (view)

Would relationships be better if the honeymoon hormones never went away?
Posted: 12/8/2018 8:26:51 AM
I've never had those "butterfly" giddy feelings as an adult. I do think not having them gives you a clearer head when it comes to judging the relationship for what it is early on. That way you know if it's real love or just infatuation. As an adult I know that I like somebody but I'm not "infatuated". It's a slow build up of developing the relationship to the point where I love the person.
 cw35
Msg: 28 (view)

Turning someone down for sex
Posted: 12/8/2018 8:23:02 AM
If you're in a relationship with someone you love, you don't turn them down unless it's a completely inappropriate time or place (you're sick, very upset about something etc.). If you're getting turned down by someone, they aren't really into you anymore. If they're into you, they look for any excuse to be intimate. Pretty simple.
 cw35
Msg: 89 (view)

Transgendered Woman Appearing in Search Results
Posted: 12/8/2018 8:15:47 AM
John: My comment wasn't directed at you. I totally get not wanting them to show up in your matches. I don't really want them to either but it also doesn't bother me when they do. My comment was directed to the people who were "explaining" what being a transgendered person actually means. They obviously don't understand it or what it is.
 cw35
Msg: 49 (view)

Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 12/1/2018 10:15:21 PM
It is funny when women demand well thought out long messages as a first message. I get lots of first contact emails from women and rarely is it anything except the word "Hi." Since women say they refuse to answer short emails, I don't either. Two can play that game.
 cw35
Msg: 37 (view)

Science Says Finding Your Soul Mate Is Basically Impossible
Posted: 12/1/2018 10:11:19 PM
There's no such thing as a "soul mate". There are just people you get along with on a lot of levels and people you don't. The thought that out of billions of people there is only one you should actually be with is ridiculous. It's even more ridiculous that so many "soul mates" seem to coincidentally live in the same area.
 cw35
Msg: 43 (view)

What is the latest name-calling Buzz Word you have heard?
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:57:37 PM
Name calling an ex is something only an insecure and immature moron would do. If the people were so bad you wouldn't have been with them in the first place. Personally I'm on good terms with everyone I've dated and thankful for what they added to my life when we were together (and I was the one dumped or cheated on in most cases).
 cw35
Msg: 64 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:49:43 PM
Looks are subjective. Women seem pickier about looks than men and women online seem to have a giant list of criteria that they won't bend on. It's the whole "refuse to settle" attitude. Men generally don't have such a list and have room to bend in what they'll accept.
 cw35
Msg: 82 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2018 9:27:16 PM
It's obvious there are some really ignorant people that have ZERO idea what being transgender is at all judging by the above comments. I honestly didn't think people were unable to understand such a simple concept.
 cw35
Msg: 4 (view)

Mutual Match Dissapeared?
Posted: 11/25/2018 6:54:30 AM
None of mine get saved either. They're there as long as I don't log out. When I log back in the new ones are all gone. The funny thing is two mutual matches showed up and I've never even seen the women before let alone click that I like them. Plenty of fish has been practicing some "fishy" behavior I think. I think they don't want a successful match because then they may lose site traffic. Considering the 10+ fake emails POF sends me per day in my regular mail, I wouldn't trust the site at all at this point.
 cw35
Msg: 208 (view)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/25/2018 3:36:52 PM
Baldwin: Nope. It ruins the attraction even on a "stacked" person (whatever that's supposed to mean). Besides that ,there are plenty of really beautiful women WITHOUT tattoos so why would you have to settle for something you don't really like?
 cw35
Msg: 75 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:44:30 PM
- Women with Adam's apples are a big trigger.
- Women posting a pic with four other women so you have no clue which one they are.
- Women who use phone apps with those weird eyes, ears and face smoothing tech so you can't tell how old they are or what they really look like.
- Older women that think making duck lips like a teenage girl in every shot is somehow cute when they have so many wrinkles it basically just makes their mouth look like an ***hole.
 cw35
Msg: 36 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:35:58 PM
I think there's a ton and I also think POF must be making them because I get at least 5 emails from POF a day with fake profiles saying they're "interested".
 cw35
Msg: 203 (view)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:33:05 PM
Not a tattoo fan at all. They distract from what somebody's body looks like. I find it weird and kind of a turn off. A couple of smaller ones may be okay but giant tats on women's back, chest, entire arms etc. just creeps me out. It especially makes me cringe seeing them on women my age.
 cw35
Msg: 319 (view)

Love,Quality of life and who pays
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:28:14 PM
Personally I want an adult relationship with an independent woman, not a woman who is basically like a child you have to take care of financially. Where's the sense in that at all? It would mean the person just loves your bank account. If you're that pathetic just get a prostitute.
 cw35
Msg: 214 (view)

Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:24:16 PM
Not too many people are attracted to me and I'm not really attracted to very many people online. Even if I was just judging attractiveness on a physical basis there's probably only about 1 out of every 75 people I see that I think look remotely appealing in my area. I'm more attracted to how someone acts and what they say so it's really hard to find many people attractive on a dating site since it's all about judging someone from a pic and short paragraph or two.
 cw35
Msg: 58 (view)

How Long Should You Date Someone Before Moving In Together?
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:16:18 PM
I find women want to move in together quite quickly. If you know you're going to be seeing each other almost every day anyway, it just makes more sense to move in quickly I guess. It's always worked out good for me and the relationships were really great and long term. I did have someone only date me a couple of times from POF and wanted to move in which was way too fast for me. Don't think I'd do it now that I'm older though.
 cw35
Msg: 127 (view)

pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/10/2017 5:45:23 PM
You're crazy if you blow upwards of 200 dollars on someone who might not even like you. This is why you have a coffee, a walk or a couple of drinks to find out if you like someone. NOT an elaborate date. Do things that cost money AFTER you're actually interested in each other. It blows my mind that some people think that men have upwards of 1000 monthly to just throw away on people that have no interest in them. Some of us aren't rich. If the amount of money you can spend is a woman's only concern about you, you DO NOT want her in your life anyway. There are plenty of like minded people out there that understand the value of a dollar and have respect for you as a person that you don't need to pander to gold diggers.
 cw35
Msg: 10 (view)

Can say any thing now
Posted: 12/10/2017 5:41:29 PM
Certain people had to be polite. Me for one. People would say nasty stuff and never get banned but the day I defended myself after an insult I got an 8 year ban. There's definitely a "teacher's pet" situation in here.
 cw35
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2017 5:35:08 PM
Still severely triggered and defensive I see. lol I love it when the bigoted trolls freak out over everything lol. Keep going, it's really entertaining and provides some excitement in here. lol
 cw35
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2017 7:06:15 PM
I think we found Arlo's trigger. lol. I don't need a special term to have the moral high ground in this situation. I'm opposing someone that's obviously ignorant and showing fear and anger towards people just because they happen to be different. I automatically have the "moral high ground" (actually there is no such thing). And FYI showing irrational distrust and anger is ALWAYS of a result of ignorance and fear towards something you don't understand which is why "phobia" is commonly used since is the best choice. Don't get so bent out of shape about it. It isn't really the point of the discussion anyway.
 cw35
Msg: 444 (view)

Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:39:04 PM
It seems there are a lot more old/older women that think they're teenagers these days. There are a ton of profiles in my area where the women look ancient and their age range goes from 18 to around 10 years younger than whatever their age is. They basically want to date guys in their kids age range. It's pretty bad when I can't email a woman 5 years older than me because I'm 10 years too old. lol
 cw35
Msg: 217 (view)

Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:32:59 PM
Have you been watching news or listening to the radio? Nobody should ever initiate a first kiss. You need to have a signed consent form and a direct verbal agreement that the kiss is okay and verbal agreements at every stage afterwards. Spontaneous passion is a thing of the past. It may sound like I'm joking but they just had an interview with some women on the radio about how men misunderstand consent and just because a woman consents in that moment doesn't mean she actually means it or gives consent for the next 5 minutes of your encounter or the next 5 min etc. They want to pass an ongoing consent law (I think that's what they called it) so that you would have to stop at certain intervals during a sexual encounter from start to finish and get very clear consent that the woman still wants to be with you. They said that almost all men have actually raped a woman at some point because women agree to have sex when they really would rather not. The safest thing to do is just wait for the woman to decide or initiate the encounter.
 cw35
Msg: 9 (view)

Big clit, ovaries hang low
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:16:25 PM
This is the funniest thing I have ever read. Why do you care who shows up in your matches? You aren't obligated to date them or email them. Are you really that transphobic? I get men in my matches on OK Cupid every so often for some reason. I don't have a coronary about it.
 cw35
Msg: 68 (view)

Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:10:20 PM
I see that on a lot of women's profiles. They always say they made a mistake and can't change it. They should realize that people know they're lying. You can't possibly type in the wrong age unless it's on purpose. Whenever I see it I instantly dismiss the person. The sad part is that it's obvious these people aren't the age they put in the profile just by looking at their photos. For some reason most people seem to look 20 years older than they actually are these days. Even a lot of 20 somethings look like they're in their 30s. Must be some harsh chemicals in the water or something.
 cw35
Msg: 559 (view)

Men height vs women weight
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:01:58 PM
Comparing height to weight is dumb. They are apples and oranges. It makes it seem as if only men won't date obese people or something. I haven't seen many supermodels with heavy guys. Bottom line is women have a physical laundry list that's a LOT longer than most men when it comes to deal breakers for sexual attraction. I'm really picky for a guy, but mostly in the personality and mental compatibility side of things. If a woman doesn't gel with me mentally or has some annoying personality trait or turns out to be ignorant with low intelligence (upspeaking and vocal fry drives me bonkers), there's zero sexual attraction for me.
 cw35
Msg: 16 (view)

Username search, Is it gone?
Posted: 11/20/2017 3:49:31 PM
I find it strange you can do a user name search if you aren't logged in but there isn't a way to do it after logging in. Very ass backwards.
 cw35
Msg: 59 (view)

Dating someone who has had casual sex?
Posted: 6/11/2017 8:27:25 AM
I've never had casual sex either. I tried once, but I can't get into any real physical intimacy unless there's a connection and a familiarity and that takes some time. Basically I can only have sex with someone I'm going to be serious with. That being said, you can't judge others because they've had casual sex because the majority of people enjoy casual sex and it isn't a sign whatsoever that thry can't be a faithful person if they meet the right one. That's silly.
 cw35
Msg: 40 (view)

How Many Meet Me Notices Are In Your Mailbox?
Posted: 6/6/2017 9:21:33 PM
I have 100-130 "meet me" at any given time and around 20 mutual ones. The majority have very scary profiles with VERY scary pictures. lol (I may be able to make one complete set of green teeth from 50 of the profiles. Yep, green teeth). I report the "too good to be true" ones because they are obviously spam. After all that I'm left with the 20 mutual "meet me"s. Not too bad. lol
 cw35
Msg: 23 (view)

It's all about the chemistry sunset clause !
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:58:26 PM
I don't really understand the whole "instant chemistry" thing. You can't be smitten with someone or actually in love unless you know someone which takes time. Anyone I've ever loved, it took effort and time for it to evolve to the "smitten" stage. I feel nothing for anyone when I first meet them. Anyone who says they do has no interest in actually dating. They're confusing horniness and lust for a compatible mate. I think this is why so many relationships fail. They're based on the shallow notion of "butterflies".
 cw35
Msg: 17 (view)

Would you wear shoe inserts to appear taller?
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:52:01 PM
Never understood the height thing. I'm not tall and there are plenty of women who don't care about it, just like I don't care about it. I honestly think there's an insecurity about being obsessed with height and it's a real turn off anyway so it works out well for me. I've seen 5' women I'd like to date and 6' women I'd like to date. It's no different than a man seeing a beautiful woman who happens to have a slightly smaller chest than he likes and turning her down. It's just stupid and makes no sense. That stuff doesn't even really cross my mind.
 cw35
Msg: 149 (view)

women don't appreciate Approach Anxiety?
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:34:33 PM
I think most people on POF have approach anxiety or else we'd be out approaching women face to face. I've never asked out a woman in my life. I just can't approach someone I don't know and possibly make an idiot out of myself. They've always asked me out or made it really obvious they liked me, so I guess I've been lucky (but obviously this doesn't happen all the time). To be honest, with everything being the way it is today, if you approach or talk to a woman you don't know you could end up in jail. Even looking at a woman who doesn't want to be looked at can be reported as an assault. I still have anxiety meeting a woman for the first time after talking online as well, but the second I meet them I'm fine even if they're rude or insulting right away. (it happens more often than you'd think).
 cw35
Msg: 35 (view)

It just doesn't matter
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:23:53 PM
You definitely won't have success without a picture on your profile.
 cw35
Msg: 51 (view)

Not PoF anymore, it's PoD!
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:21:36 PM
Extra points for women with dogs and women who love animals.
 cw35
Msg: 103 (view)

its only cheapness in your eyes, he's spending on himself pretty well
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:19:40 PM
Spending money on tangible items that you can actually enjoy (and could have some possible resale value) makes a lot more sense than blowing it on eating out constantly and doing other activities where you have absolutely ZERO to show for your money like smoking and drinking. No wonder most people are always broke. He sounds like he's wise when it comes to money and you aren't.
 cw35
Msg: 111 (view)

When should a woman help pay for dates?
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:14:36 PM
A woman never paying for anything is a giant red flag for me. You're supposed to be a potential partner, not a walking bank machine. I would never date a cheapskate looking to use me. Funny how everyone screams about equality EXCEPT in situations where it doesn't benefit them. Then suddenly we're back in the 50's again.
 cw35
Msg: 80 (view)

its only cheapness in your eyes, he's spending on himself pretty well
Posted: 1/9/2017 8:01:22 PM
So you're mad because he watches his cash and saves his money for larger items instead of wasting it all on eating out, movies etc. which you have nothing to show for afterwards? Sounds like a smart guy. I'm the same way (I have zero debt and I never will) and was in a long term relationship with someone who was that way as well. It was great. You aren't compatible. You want someone to throw money around (and have a credit card debt) and he needs to be with someone who likes to save money for the things they like instead of wasting it. I could care less what my mate spends THEIR money on as long as they pay their half of the bills and frankly it's none of my business what somebody likes to spend extra cash on. You sound a bit controlling to be honest. I'd have to be pretty desperate for companionship to start wasting money and risk going in debt. I get a sense when I go out with somebody pretty quick if they're looking to waste a lot of my money or if my money is a priority to them. I stop dating them instantly when I detect this no matter how far along things are. Big red flag for me.
 cw35
Msg: 6 (view)

Search by Username
Posted: 1/9/2017 7:50:10 PM
I noticed the search is gone while logged out as well. They're circulating a ton of fake profiles and false emails with false names as well (I've gotten a lot of emails claiming non existent people want to meet me). Taking away the search option means you can't look to see if the people who like you are real even exist. They want you to pay for the feature and are obviously scamming people with fake emails to lure them into doing it. This site is quickly becoming one of the sleaziest around. Right up there with the phone guys that scam old people out of their cash.
 cw35
Msg: 25 (view)

Stop waiting!
Posted: 8/6/2016 8:31:41 AM
There's a lot of women out there with phone addiction. I don't have a cell phone and have no desire to spend my life staring down being oblivious to the world around me. If a woman hauled out a phone and ignored me on a date, I'd walk out without even saying a word. That shows a lack of maturity and HORRIBLE manners.
 cw35
Msg: 38 (view)

Can non social people find love?
Posted: 8/6/2016 8:26:59 AM
I'm sort of the same way Morta. (I don't mistrust all people, but I don't like to socialize much) I was lucky enough to meet someone just like that and had a great, long relationship so don't give up hope. There are women out there who are the same as you. I know because I met one. lol
 cw35
Msg: 55 (view)

Picky about teeth
Posted: 8/6/2016 8:20:11 AM
I'm a bit picky about teeth. I would think someone with yellow.orange crusty teeth would be a deal breaker for anybody. How could you kiss someone with rotten teeth? Other than that, most teeth issues aren't a huge deal breaker. I personally don't mind braces at all. Some problems can make people look a lot more unattractive than they are like huge gaps or multiple overlapping teeth.
 cw35
Msg: 52 (view)

maybe tattoo my belly orange with a ten inch long white area
Posted: 7/21/2016 7:19:06 PM
A lot of women like them. I'm not a fan of them at all. I don't mind a little one on somebody, but large tattoos anywhere or too many is a deal breaker for me. Even the most beautiful woman in the world looks bad to me with them. Not sure what the appeal is at all. It isn't like they're original anymore. Everyone seems to get them now.
 cw35
Msg: 446 (view)

Confused about You're too old for me responses from women
Posted: 7/13/2016 7:54:00 PM
Almost every woman on POF wants to date about 20-30 years younger. I can only assume it's some kind of insecurity issue or they only care about the physical side of the relationship. This site must have a huge failure rate since everyone is looking to date someone their kids age yet nobody is allowed to email anyone over a 14 year age difference. lol In one way I can understand it. I don't know about men's profiles but the women's profile pictures look 20 years older a lot of the time. I notice it a lot when I look at different age ranges. People on here that are in their 20's look 15 years older and a lot of women in their forties actually look a lot older than my mother. I can't believe it sometimes it's that striking. Not sure if age is accelerating due to pollution and chemicals or what but it doesn't look like we're aging too well overall.
 cw35
Msg: 94 (view)

Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 7/13/2016 7:36:53 PM
Immature question really. Sex drive doesn't change anymore than a woman's does. Mines the same as it was in my teens. I think this false fact came from older women gossiping that their sex partners had a lower sex drive. The reason for this is just common sense really. Most of the time a 40-50 year old isn't going to be as sexually attractive as a 20-30 year old (with the odd exception). Since we are more discriminating as we get older, it only stands to reason it's harder to be interested or turned on if we aren't as excited by what we're looking at (of course a long term relationship with someone you're crazy about is the exception. I find looks don't matter in this case).
 cw35
Msg: 51 (view)

Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?
Posted: 7/13/2016 3:34:07 PM
I doubt that 10 pictures of a person who's homely is going to be better than 1. It will probably hurt that person's chances if anything. Just like really attractive people only usually need 1 pic and can be a complete idiot in their written profile to still get plenty of emails. You just have to determine which camp you fall into. Online dating is mostly about looks unfortunately despite people ranting to the contrary all the time. Looks are semi important in the real world but online the visual is about 90% of the overall package. After reading TONS of middle aged women's profiles, almost all of them seem to have quite the list of amazing physical attributes a man must have and they seem to have a dating age range that goes from about 18 years old up to 10 years less than what they have listed as their own age. It's really creepy. I keep picturing these women being on POF because circling high schools in a van wasn't working out for them. The irony of it all is that most of them actually look 20 years older than what their ages are so they must have magic mirrors at home or something. lol
 cw35
Msg: 171 (view)

When I finally realized I'm an A-hole
Posted: 7/4/2016 6:06:30 PM
Dame: I guess it depends on your definition of peaceful. It's never peaceful surrounded by loved ones in reality. Ever been to a holiday dinner? Yeesh. The surest way to not have loved ones anymore is to hang around them all the time. You don't have to be hurtful to be an ahole either. As I said, they come in different types. Being humble and compassionate can seem sanctimonious to some, leading them to think you're an ahole as well sometimes. The ahole is in the eyes of the beholder.
 cw35
Msg: 166 (view)

When I finally realized I'm an A-hole
Posted: 7/1/2016 9:37:58 AM
Op isn't really an ahole. Maybe a subset of aholes. He feels too sorry for himself for being turned into an ahole I'm an actual ahole (a lot of the time. Most people are they just don't think it due to arrogance.). You have to own it and accept the people who will hate you and stay away from you. That's the price for being one just like it's the price of others who may have contributed to your "aholeness" to put up with it and go through life wondering why people can be such aholes to them when they are obviously so "nice". lol The worst thing that can happen from being an ahole is complete solitude and a peaceful life. It's actually really nice. (Just to clarify, I'm not the obnoxious, loud mouthed, self centered "ahole". I'm the quiet, aloof, pessimistic, too opinionated "ahole")
 cw35
Msg: 53 (view)

Non Drinker: Deal breaker?
Posted: 6/30/2016 7:21:24 PM
Nor: You really have to stop picking apart every line in people's posts. It's obnoxious and trollish. I doubt you were nominated as the POF psychologist. I was obviously talking about the fact that most people who drink do so to get drunk. THOSE people are obnoxious and weekend drunks. Saying I don't mind dating someone who drinks once in awhile within reason is totally different and anybody with common sense could get that from my post. If I don't want a relationship with someone who's drunk all the time, it doesn't make me "judgmental". That behavior isn't something that leads to a positive, healthy relationship. Only someone with a drug/drinking problem would make excuses for that behavior and project the blame on someone else.
 cw35
Msg: 47 (view)

Non Drinker: Deal breaker?
Posted: 6/27/2016 1:48:00 PM
I'm trying to wrap my head around thinking someone is bad relationship material because they don't partake in a drug or want to feel sick and dizzy while making an ass out of themselves or possibly being obnoxious or violent. Anyone who won't date someone because they're sober is obviously feeling guilty because they can't control their drinking habit, or has issues with themselves. Alcohol tastes like garbage to me for the most part and I don't like the effect it has on equilibrium or health. I don't think people aren't worth dating because they may not like the same food as me so why would a normal person care that I don't drink. I don't mind if they like to drink so I would expect the same level of understanding.
 cw35
Msg: 112 (view)

Love or Hate these profile specifics...
Posted: 6/26/2016 7:24:53 PM
There are a lot of crazy laundry lists of demands on some profiles I've read. I've seen ones with over a hundred written out exact specs that must be met. That isn't really the crazy part though. The crazy part is that a lot of the "must have" specs contradict one another. Not wanting to "settle" and living in a fantasy world are two different things. Especially since the people in these profiles are usually no prize. I'll just assume I'll be single for quite some time if I'm depending on POF for a relationship. lol
 cw35
Msg: 95 (view)

because they suck
Posted: 6/26/2016 7:15:10 AM
Honestly, only a coward with no values whatsoever just runs away without an explanation. Even ending it in a phone conversation is better than just vanishing. I always thought people that were capable of doing it were a bit sociopathic to be honest. Just look at it this way, it may feel bad for a bit, but you dodged a bullet if you think about it. Who would want to be with someone who could do that?

Show ALL Forums