Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Louisville Singles Events-any interest?
 lionfrog
Msg: 10 (view)

Louisville Singles Events-any interest?
Posted: 12/31/2008 3:24:19 AM
I have never to be any of these events anywhere, but sounds like a great idea to have one locally. I say go for it, if you have time to set this up I will try to be there as long as I'm not working. 3rd shift does make it difficult if its not on one of my nights off.
 lionfrog
Msg: 162 (view)

Young at Heart Yet Stong of Mind
Posted: 12/31/2008 3:04:16 AM
Still not sure why I am here on POF, I guess to meet people have a little fun, and who knows I may just meet the right person I have been looking for. Like the lotto com says "you can't win if you don't play" I admit I have met some nice people on POF and made some wonderful friends. Would love to make more friends and like I said maybe I'll meet that one perfect match for me.

Best of luck to all of you!
lionfrog
 lionfrog
Msg: 67 (view)

I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!
Posted: 12/31/2008 2:48:42 AM
Well, bestfriendetc I must say that was very well writen but you do have a wonderful talent when it comes to writing and being a true friend. I wish you much happynes, and a great and wonderful New Year with many plesant twists and turns, so that you never have a dull time. People I have met bestfriendetc she is wise beyound her years, and will be a true friend if you don't abuse the friendship.
 lionfrog
Msg: 221 (view)

People who think you are hot V2.
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:27:43 AM
LOL so far I would be better off to have never looked at the page as I have not seen one person I would be interested in. I'm happy that someone thinks I'm hot but this page is not realy about someone thinking you are hot just that we share some of the same traits
 lionfrog
Msg: 1357 (view)

DAILY QUOTES
Posted: 11/2/2008 1:46:19 AM
If a frog had wings it would not bump its' butt hopping (key word is if)

$5.00 is a lot of money if ya aint got it. Thank you Mr Bush!
 lionfrog
Msg: 8 (view)

please help me with my profile
Posted: 11/2/2008 1:25:23 AM
Hello again Lady-dance-a-lot your doing fine, as another Sag you have to be who you are and honest so just be yourself like you are doing. Ad things when you feel like it. Myself I read not in so many words, but I can tell you have class and would like to meet a nice person that has simular interests.
to ya girl and have fun!
 lionfrog
Msg: 124 (view)

How do I politely tell him his clothes look bad?
Posted: 11/2/2008 1:14:18 AM
Okay one more post before I take this interesting topic to the teenagers in my class for thire view on fashion. Speaking of poor fasion choices have you looked at some of the fasion choices women make. Men are not the only ones to wear things that make you say OMG!!!!! thats great! (thanks for making my day)

I have seen Terrible looking hats, sweaters, skirts, sweat pants, and guts hanging out of shirts that are way to short, and pants way to tight. Oh and my all time fav; toooo much makeup and perfume! So I say men are not the only ones making wardrobe fubars'.
Now I know I will get slamed against the wall for posting this, and probably from the women that are wearing the strange fashion choises if you can call it fashion, but what the heck never been one to keep his trap shut.

If women like to don lingerie thats fine but please get something nice. Myself I love it when my woman walks out of the shower (after her shower, don't want to get hygeine thing mixed up in the topic) and she has on one of my tee-shirts or dress shirts. They may be baggy or oversized on her but they sure look better on her than they do on me!

One thing for sure we all see what we wear diferently, we have defferent tastes in style, and thank god because it sure makes the world more interesting.
 lionfrog
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2008 1:14:43 AM
You are welcome young lady, dating at this age is not like it was when we were teenagers, but it can still be fun. If you want to see a long profile take a look at mine. I spent a little time with it but I told people what I was about and what I was looking for, but still had people contact me that could not have read one word of what I wrote because they were not what I was looking for. I still met some great freinds and had a lot of fun for the most part.
This may be getting off the subject just a little, but since you are new please be careful, you will meet some great people, but you will also meet a few strange ones too, so meet in public places, never at your home. A short meet and greet worked well for me, and then go from there.
Oh and some men do like to dance, they may not be great at it but I bet you would be happy to teach them in a nice way if they can't dance.
Have fun and best of luck to you
 lionfrog
Msg: 112 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2008 12:57:01 AM
Dang guys this is getting good now , think I will bring this topic up in my classroom next week and see what the teenagers think about this subject. May be interesting to see the younger side of this issue. hygeine is not the same as Style and fashon so I will stick to the clothing issue and see what the kids think. Will get back to ya'll untill then have fun.
 lionfrog
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 10/28/2008 12:57:52 AM
I can't find anything wrong with your profile other than you may want to post a couple of more photos, but only if thyat is what you want to do. Your profile is short and to the point, and has a nice photo or you. Give it some time and before you know it you will have more hits than you want. You are active and attractive, so that is a plus. Best of luck to you and take your time. Just be yourself and have fun!
 lionfrog
Msg: 23 (view)

What price a broken heart?
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:04:59 AM
Hello lar,
I don't think I said "everything happens for a reason," "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..," or " at least you learned something..." etc. I've heard that said to myself too many times.
It's fine that you are not a fan of fatalism, (Niter am I) so you bristle whenever you hear the "everything happens for a reason," bla bla bla, but it does not take a big city to see sad, hurt, and sick people. Let me tell you a little about the wounds that I have to carry. I lost a son, and was told all kinds of stupid bla, bla, bla that well meaning people thought I should hear. Then my uncle was killed; shot in the back in his home, and never found the killer. My mother passed away and the woman I was engaged to told me she was going to hell because she was jewish, she also said it was harder to loose a boyfriend than a child (I learned I will never date a drunken christian again). I've lost everything I owned at one time, I could go on, but won't bother you with all the hurt, lose, and pain I have seen and had to deal with. I had to keep going or give up; I chose to keep going. I chose to keep on living! I've been past my breaking point and I won't say I am a better person just more understanding, caring, and realistic!
When was the last time you walked into a homeless shelter to help out or help out at an inercity school or childrens home (now that's an experiance)? Taking shoes to the poor children in another country was worth every cent I spent, because I got back more than I gave. You want to see life then put your self out there and see the real world and don't critisise because someone wants to incourage rather than feel sorry and do nothing.
I wish you well and hope you never see the pain that puts you past your breaking point.
 lionfrog
Msg: 47 (view)

How to let go?
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:05:18 PM
It took me a 2 month trip to Germany and a 2 month vacation to FL to get over 20 years. Thank goodnes I have family in Germany. I've been dating now close to 10 years and I have had some good ones and some bad ones and a few real bad ones, but I learn from each date or relationship. Now I've meet a real nice woman who was marreid to a drunk for 30 years. She admits that it was 29 years too long and is happy now. Count your blessings and move on! Just because god loves a drunk does not meen we have to. I know I dated a couple and I know it was not for me. It was always someone elses fault and never theirs. The dog made me drink!
 lionfrog
Msg: 36 (view)

I blinked & everything changed
Posted: 10/25/2008 10:37:54 PM
I know what happened your a Sagittarius and a pleaser. Stop trying to please others (him and his son) and start pleasing yourself. I had the same problem untill I learned that it is okay to be selfish sometimes. Key word being self not fish. Ship his stuff off and be done with them, and move on. Seems like you are a great person, so take care of you!
 lionfrog
Msg: 69 (view)

Posted: 10/22/2008 2:34:11 AM
Oh yuck Mary who have you been dating thats just plain discusting! At least change your underwear before you go out with them next time. LOL Have a great day and take a kid fishing they will love ya no mater how bad ya look.
 lionfrog
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 10/22/2008 2:20:12 AM
*LOL not to many bean and cornbread raised folks on this forum LOL* Hey at least he is not wearing biboveralls, a straw hat, a coat tied around his waist, slapping his knee and passing gas! Relax people life is not a fashion show!
I have noticed some people talk about others clothes, but I look at the profiles and wonder if they have looked in the mirror lately? One persons fashon may not be anothers fashion style. Some people are so superficial, and shallow, not to mention self centered! It makes me so happy that I have a woman that is not that way!
BUT!!!
Nice clothes do help when you are on the job, or looking to impress people, and it will make your mate feel like you care about them if you look good for them. I guess I would ask how is the relationship, can you two talk, and not get upset if you nicely ask him to wear this.
Nothing wrong if you go buy him something you like. I love it when my girlfriend buys me a shirt or a pair of shoes. Shes never gotten me anything I have not liked. Now me I could not go shoe or clothes shopping for her unless I had some help; I can't help it I'm a man, but I sure buy some nice flowers and jewlery! We do this because we care about eachother not because we care about what someone else thinks!
 lionfrog
Msg: 20 (view)

What price a broken heart?
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:08:27 AM
Only a fool does not learn from thier mistakes, a great person once said and I hope I get this correct 'only a fool keeps doing the same thing expecting different results' and like mistakes we learn from a broken heart. Please don't take this the wrong way because by no means am I calling anyone on this forum a fool. All I am saying is we need to learn from our past relationships.
I've had my share of broken hearts and I know they hurt, but I also got something I needed from each relationship I've been in. We seek relationships for what we need at the time, sometimes we don't always know what we need much less what we want, or need.
I think now after all the years I was marreid and dated since my divorce I have learned what I do want and don't want in a relationship, and if I had not had a broken heart or two along the way I would have not learned that much.
Falling in love with someone does not always meen this person will fall in love with you. It's a chance we take in the dating world, but we take the chance because we want to. Other wise we would just sit at home alone with our dog or our cat, and a TV dinner.
Don't dwell too long on the past relationships move on, the best way to get back is to do better, be happy, and move on! Best of luck to all!!!
 lionfrog
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 10/22/2008 12:10:23 AM
Okay I must say that I have been guilty of wearing some comfortable clothes after I have been with my GF for some time now.
Does he have to get fixed up to take out the trash or go fishing? I wear old jeans, boots, and what ever shirt I have when I go fishing, but my girl will still want to look good (yes she goes fishing, but I have to take the fish off the hook for her). We will at times stop by her families house after we go fishing. Heck her mom has even said things to me, but we are talking about an old pair of loose fitting jeans and a loose shirt, and we wern't going to a concert! It's become some what of a joke between her family and me! Her mom lovingly calls me a redneck country boy, but I have fun fishing and hunting with my girlfriends dad and he is a lot like me when it comes to what he wears to be comfortable or practical for the occasion or job at hand.
Whats wrong with (EX: Old black jeans and a black oversized shirt) as long as you are not going to the prom? I guess it depends on where you are going. My girlfriend will just come out and ask me would you mind wearing this or that, and I don't mind as long as she asks nicely, nor should he!
So where is it that you are going when he dresses bad, and what is he wearing in front of your sister?????
I know when I go to the gro... store I see women wear things that gross me out, and I thank God I'm not with them. I at least try to look presentable for my GF when we are out in public, but I won't trash a nice set of clothes if I'm fishing, hiking, or some rough outdoor activity.
I dated one woman that it took her 3 hours to get ready just to go out and cut the grass and do yard work. Noticed I said Dated (past tense) she was a snoty upity person that looked down on people. My GF now is not a snoty upity person that looks down on people.
Just because someone wears comfortable old clothes to do yard work or go fishing does not make them a slob or dirty!
 lionfrog
Msg: 2 (view)

My freind needs your help.
Posted: 10/21/2008 11:29:25 PM
If he has been dating her for 5 years how bad can the cats and the smell be bothering him? She must know as you say he has spoken to her, but yet she does nothing to change it in 5 years. Sounds like maybe its a 5 year booty call and not a relationship that will go anywhere.
 lionfrog
Msg: 257 (view)

Pathological Liars
Posted: 10/21/2008 12:18:07 AM
Good luck on the date, just look for the warning signs, and educate yourself. Life is what we make it we all make bad choices or make mistakes. Lets not get stuck on them to much. Lets learn from them and move on to the next great adventure life has to offer! Too bad there is not a website for some of these crooks. I know I put out a warrent out for her, but she moves from one sucker to the next. All I am saying is lets educate ourselves, not get stuck in a pitty party. Good luck to us all!
 lionfrog
Msg: 15 (view)

lying fish
Posted: 10/21/2008 12:07:08 AM
Okay guys we all have to have some fun, a chicken will peck all day, and a rooster does get mean till ya get pecked and spured till ya just (well what ever), if a frog had wings it would not bump its butt a hoppin. Life is what we make it, lets have some fun but be careful and responsible
 lionfrog
Msg: 254 (view)

Pathological Liars
Posted: 10/19/2008 12:49:38 AM
I ran into a Pathological Liar and a thief on this site (surprise surprise Gomer) but it was too late I fell for the act, and all the table dressing too. Yes folks I even got fooled big time and it was too late before I knew it. I came home to find that I had been robbed. I hate to admit it but it's true!
She was sick and needed a place to stay, (feel sorry for them) she would pay rent, clean house (help out) bla, bla, bla what ever they think you want to hear or believe they will tell you to get what they want or make themselves feel better about themselves. Most are very good at it, for at least a while.
A little word of advise; Don't be gullible, that's all I can tell you. For every honest person on ANY given dating site, there are about 30 liars, cheats, players, theives, sickos, and preditors of all shaps, sizes, and sexes! . One clue to look for in a profile is anyone who makes a HUGE deal about how honest they are and how many friends they have probaby can't be trusted any further than they can be tossed. Also guys and gals out there is if someone is moving or has moved from one guy or gal to the next, and state to state, look out!
Stay safe and be smart!
 lionfrog
Msg: 16 (view)

dont know what to do
Posted: 10/19/2008 12:02:07 AM
Wow all I can say is if they look like a duck, quack like a duck, they are probably a duck. Same goes for a drunk and/or an abuser! Run while you can and don't look back!
 lionfrog
Msg: 10 (view)

lying fish
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:15:40 PM
It does not pay to be a nice guy or gal or to have a trusting giving heart (or dumb), so don't trust or give to soon folks. Be very careful on any site as there are sickos and preditors of all shaps, sizes, and sexes! Beware my friends because some of these people are looking to set you up and take you to the cleaners! So what I am telling you guys and gals out there is if someone is moving from one guy or gal to the next, state to state, more than likely they are a ripoff, lier, thief, or worse! If they lie about the age, wieght, or anything else what won't they lie about? What was the worst thing to happen to you from meeting someone online? A no show or made themselves out to be something they are not is nothing new on the Internet and good thing you found out before it was too late.

Show ALL Forums