Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Coed Llandegla Forest, Nr Wrexham, Walk or Bike meet 23rd March
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 15 (view)

Coed Llandegla Forest, Nr Wrexham, Walk or Bike meet 23rd March
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:08:03 PM
Hi Chaps & Chapesses

Was it really so long since the meet? I have finally downloaded the pics from my camera but we've had problems get them up on to the POF website.

So I've uploaded them to the following location:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Ian.T.Price/20080323POFMountainBiking

Enjoy! And apologies for not getting them up sooner.

All the best
Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 140 (view)

ABBEY FARM CAMPING MEET 18th July to 20th July
Posted: 6/29/2008 3:16:33 PM
Oh Kissylips, you have the scar?

Bizarrely enough, I came across the ring that caused the scar just the other day. I'm still mega impressed at the bottle you showed to go on and conquer that mountain!

Respect!

If I don't make it on the night, remember: don't drink anymore than I would...

All the very best
I xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 136 (view)

ABBEY FARM CAMPING MEET 18th July to 20th July
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:07:35 AM
Hi Girls & Guys!!!

I have been away from my keyboard for a while, having a quiet time working and traveling various places. Nothing exciting. Result is that I have not really chatted to anyone recently. I know, I'm a bad boy.

So I haven't heard about the camping trip. I may be away in France away (that's still up in the air at the moment) so there's a chance I wouldn't be able make it anyway. The France trip will be good though; taking an old gaffer from Falmouth to Breast for a week long regatta. And drinking, no doubt...!

Maybe I'll turn up for saturday night if I'm around. Wonder if that would be OK with Pat & Chrissy? It would be great to see everyone again.

I'll know one way or another towards the end of next week. I'll email to you then.

All the best and have loads & loads of FUN if I don't get to see you.
Ian

PS Apologies to Kissylips who's read this already! Ctrl-A Ctrl-C Ctrl-V works every time!!!
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 18 (view)

Coed Llandegla Forest, Nr Wrexham, Walk or Bike meet 23rd March
Posted: 2/21/2008 6:36:39 AM
I've signed up - Good one Pat.

I'll be on the bike myself. I've just signed to cycle Ireland from north to south in June (just 700 odd miles) so I need to get some practice in...

See you all there!
Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 59 (view)

MANCHESTER MEET GUESTS
Posted: 2/3/2008 8:08:45 AM
Hi Chrissy!

Sooo glad you are coming to the meet, twisted arm or not, as I can make this one tooo! You deserve the well earned rest after alllll the hard work at the last two, so don't apologise for not sorting this one! I promise not to laugh at the singing & I demand the first to get the party started.

Duncs; I'm happy to help out on the night as long as I'm not stuck on the door ALLLL night. Thanks for organising it!

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 45 (view)

2ND MANCHESTER MEET ~ SAT 24TH NOVEMBER COMMENTS AND PICTURES
Posted: 11/27/2007 6:07:54 PM
Hi Guys & Girls

I was hoping to get to this one as well, but family duty called (roof blown off...).

Sounds like you all had a fab time once again No surprise there though, Shellyt, Chrissy~e07, Peb-1 and Duncan are fab people and great hosts. Well done chapesses and chaps!

Hope to be there for the next one but P L E A S E don't make it Feb 15th - I can't make that date!

All the very best to the chums hope to see you soon!

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 315 (view)

** NEW ** Manchester City Centre Meet Night ~ Saturday 27th October ~ Aqua Bar 8pm+ ~
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:23:18 PM
Hi sxeSteve et al

If you want to track what happened on the night and see the incriminating pictures then go to

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8544994.aspx

cut n paste the above into your browser address bar

All the Best
Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 34 (view)

MANCHESTER AQUA BAR - Pictures & Comments Thread 27th October 2007
Posted: 10/29/2007 9:25:25 AM
Oh What a Night!!!

After the camping trip in September I was filled with a certain amount trepidation about this night. Would such an event come close to matching the excellent time we had in Wastwater? Well, how groundless were my fears!!! the fun filled frolics of the evening easily surpassed the camping trip!

The organisation was immaculate; I know the planning and stress that goes into a gig like this; trying to please all the people all the time. Steve and his haream deserve a huge shout of thanks from all those attending. I have to single out Chrissye for ensuring that the lone shark virgins were quickly shuffled into the shoal and made to feel welcome and at home. Well done all!!! If I can help out with the next one, just call.

Peb-1 I did NOT give Boneman a piggy back ride around the dance floor. I don't care how drunk I was, I wasn't that bad!

KisseyLips - No excuses; get yourself up Authurs A*se. Otherwise we'll come up there and take you up the steepest slope. Not that that would hold any horrors for you now!

Boneman I didn't, did I?

~MissT~ Not sure, from those looks that I got, if you wanted to chat or you were just stunned and amazed by the dancing. I suspect the latter, but not for the right reasons!

To the poor girl whose toe I trod on - SORRY! I had a horse break my toes once so I know what you must have suffered. And I wasn't even dancing with you...

ShellyT14 Great dancing babe! You inspire me to improve my moves just to be in the same league as you!

Chrissye07 No words for you; You leave me speechless! I think we kinda said it all on the night

See you all soon!

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 92 (view)

Church Stile Holiday Park, - Chairs!
Posted: 10/3/2007 1:43:33 PM
Hi Peeps

I'll try to get the last word in then.

There were three folding chairs left at the site. They have a very comforty home at the mo. but anyone who can describe them can have them back.

Otherwise they'll become POF camping kit for use of the group. Save all those soggy bums that we suffered!

Hope you'll all going to the Aqua Bar; Chrissy is promising to be the star karekoe queen!

Look after yourself chums!

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 62 (view)

Church Stile Holiday Park, Lake District Camping Weekend Photos and Comments
Posted: 9/19/2007 3:47:54 AM
Paul & gden: Up for both those meets as long as the timings right. More than happy to give a lift to John if he needs it!

Shelly: Are you really such a pushover for poetry? I thought Mick was a dead man for his aliterative "Massive Mumps Michelle" crack!

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 34 (view)

Brill weekend - a massive thank you to Si & Chrissy
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:08:21 AM

its hard to put into words how this camping meet went, especially as im a bit quiet...
For someone who struggles to put things into words, you hit it right on the head. Couldn't have put it better; Perfect!

A massive thank you to Si & Chrissy for a cracking weekend

Photos coming soon. What kind of super heros are you people? A weekend like that and you're still up at 4:00AM posting piccies!! The only thing I was sorting was

Next trip please!
Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 125 (view)

LEEDS SEPTEMBER FRIDAY NIGHT 70'S NIGHT @ FLARES
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:51:05 AM
Ah Savina and the girls! I'm gutted. I'm not going to make this one after all.

I'm meant to be leading a dive at the Meni Straits on Sat. and I really can't justify staying up half the night, driving more that half way across country and trying to pretend that I'm not more than half wreaked!!! Boring excuse huh?

Actually the real reason I'm not coming is becuase I'm devastated & heartbroken that Dimila has found a man And cheekilittleminx is going too!

Oh well, guess it's time to become schizophrenic so I can enjoy a double life style!

Have a good one, I'll miss you all.
Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 249 (view)

**** Church Stile Holiday Park, Lake District Camping Weekend 14th - 16th September 2007 ****
Posted: 9/1/2007 1:02:10 PM
Hey Snuggers, if you were in the sea scouts, that's going to be a B I G bonus to us for the weekend. Given the weather, we'll need someone who knows how to pitch a tent on the sea!

Virgins Tip No. 2 - Plastic bags: Make sure you pack every thing into plastic bags and lots of them. Put a complete change into each bag in case some do get wet. We don't a whole lot of wet knickers. (smutty replies to the usual address please! ). Finally, avoid letting anything touch the side of the tent at night. You will wake up to find it soaked in the morning.

Only 13 nigths to go before we can say - Gone

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 239 (view)

**** Church Stile Holiday Park, Lake District Camping Weekend 14th - 16th September 2007 ****
Posted: 8/31/2007 10:58:31 AM
All booked up and raring to go!!! Boneman: you'll be happy to know we have a pitch. It may be waterlogged so bring your trunks and duck! It sounds like their still having a terribly wet time in the lakes (the water has to come from somewhere!) and are still talking of closing the site. Guys and girls: pray for sunshine! Now!

LittleMissLonelyxx - I believe that theonethatyoumissed is bringing her child/children and others have mentioned the same in the first few pages. I'm trying to persuade Jules66 to come and she will be bring her kids.

A tip to those virgins of camping, Keeping Warm: Layers is always a good way to keep warm but also think about what you are lying on. It is essential to insulate yourself from the ground as this sucks far more heat out of you than is lost to the air. So think camping matts, airbeds and blankets UNDERNEATH you as well as on top. Sleeping with a 6ft 4' hot water bottle is a good idea as well!

Ian
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 218 (view)

**** Church Stile Holiday Park, Lake District Camping Weekend 14th - 16th September 2007 **
Posted: 8/27/2007 2:24:12 AM
Hi SIK You say you emailed everyone? I didn't receive a mail. Don't delete me. I'm coming!

Hi Steve (MrMrMe) Are we still on for the use of a tent? If so, where should we collect it from? Manchester or the Lakes?

Hi John (Boneman1354). I missed you at the Millpond meet and I see that you are no longer listed here. Are you still coming? Do you still need a lift?

And finally, Hi Big_G... Assuming that Steve still has a tent for us then we will need a pitch - Can I grab yours please?

Steve said that this was a 3 room 6 person tent so if anybody needs a room for the night then I guess there will be room to share. Drop us a line.

See you soon
Ian
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 194 (view)

Posted: 8/22/2007 1:11:55 PM

i might have to catch the train up now will need a lift from the nearest station
nudge nudge wink wink

Say no more, say no more!

Hi TOTYm (great acronim!)

If you need a lift then you may find it quickest if you come to Manchester and we'll pick you up from here. The trains get slower and less frequent after Man.

Got plenty of room in the bus so feel free to take up the offer. That way you can help John (Boneman1354) put the tent up!

Arh! A life of leisure for me, me hearties!

Ian xXx
 ~ Norm ~
Msg: 22 (view)

It's no secret - Wispa's are coming back! What would you like to come back?
Posted: 8/21/2007 2:16:52 PM

Wagon Wheels used to be *wagon* wheels - now they're barely go-kart wheels!

I know a ex-marketing manager for Burtons Biscuits (Maker of wagon wheels) and she says that the company were aderment that wagon wheels hadn't got smaller. It was just that we had got bigger so they SEEM smaller!

Don't you just LUVVVVE marketing people? So inventive!
 norm1710
Msg: 15 (view)

Foreplay.....rough or soft?
Posted: 8/18/2007 8:23:08 AM
Hi Mish

For me the whole pleasure of sex is pleasing my partner. So does it hurt my feelings to know that I've cuased dis-pleasure and not pleasure? Yes! That's not ego, just disappointment that I'm not up to the task. However, if your partner cares for you at all then they'll learn quickly from their mistakes.

So don't take umbridge if your partner gets a little down when you complain, but you can get royally p****d off if they keep doing the wrong thing!

Ian xXx
 norm1710
Msg: 1 (view)

Global Vision International. Good or bad?
Posted: 8/18/2007 8:04:28 AM
Hi!

I wonder if anybody has had dealings with this GVI company (www.gvi.co.uk)? It is a eco-travel company that purports to support worthwhile conservation research projects worldwide. Is it just a cynical front for a strictly commercial organisation or do they really engage in good works?

A friend went on a manatee research project a few years ago. She has a PHd in biology which was based on animal research. She reported that the company she went with did not have the first clue about research principles or practice. She said that what they were doing was worse than nothing because they were destroying the very enviroment that the manatees depend upon by bringing all the people in to 'study' them.

I wonder if GVI are a company in the same vein?

Ian
 norm1710
Msg: 170 (view)

Posted: 8/16/2007 11:37:03 AM
Hi Steve (MrMrMe)

It would be great if we could take the 3 room, 6 man tent. I have room in the bus & I can also give a lift to John (boneman1354) at the same time - no charge, you just have a tent to erect!

I have a car foot pump with attachments for various items. I'm sure one of those will suit.

Air bed... Now why didn't I think of that? As they say in the army, any fool can be uncomfortable!

Ian
 norm1710
Msg: 159 (view)

Posted: 8/14/2007 11:04:00 AM
Hi Slight_In_Kline

Not too much mention has been made of activitives over the weekend. In case you missed it on your reccie last week, there is a slight incline at wastwater - it's called Scarfell Pike!

Seriously though, Scarfell is the highest mountian in England and an active hike to get good views, depending on the weather. In case anybody is interested in climbing the Pike I will be bringing maps & a compass. Ensure you bring good, comfortable walking shoes and rainproofs.

Re Geocaching: Isn't a GPS cheating?

I do have a bus (Volvo V70 actually, plenty of room for 3 people plus tents, gear etc.) and will be travelling from Manchester. Anybody wanting a lift, just shout. I'm still struggling with a tent as mine is happily ensconced in Sevenoaks hiding from the rain.
May have to just sleep in the bus

See yer all soon!
Ian xXx
 norm1710
Msg: 18 (view)

Manchester Bank Holiday Party Sunday August 26 2007
Posted: 8/14/2007 6:35:36 AM
Hi BubbleGumFun

Thanks for organising a northen event! I've organised many sailing, hillwalking and other events in my time and I still find it difficult to believe how ungrateful some people are.

However, the grateful ones more than make up of that (there must be a reason we keep doing it!) Constructive comments are always welcome but whingers can just whizz away. Looking forward to it and meeting you all!

Show ALL Forums