Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do women understand how trivial the Olympics are?
 jaeden
Msg: 20 (view)

Do women understand how trivial the Olympics are?
Posted: 8/13/2008 5:33:43 AM
The olympics are a part of global culture that brings the best athletes from the globe together in competition. I find it inspiring, in a age of much cynicism I think we need heroes, heroes remind us of our human potential and make us strive to be greater than we already are. Only by bettering ourselves can we hope to help those less fortunate.

Hollywood films are a much more waste of time and money than sporting events like the olympics. Mostly hollywood movies are full of violence, racism, and negative stereotypes.
 jaeden
Msg: 6 (view)

What should I do?
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:41:21 AM
I think you should leave out the last part about seeing the sport on TV and remembering him, I don't know why but it just seems a bit off. Otherwise I think you should send him the email, it's the right thing to do and the courageous thing. The fact is that you and this man were close for a time and that is important no matter what. You are telling him that you enjoyed your time with him and thanking him for the experience, and you are respectfully saying your goodbyes, I think it will give both of you better peace of mind in the end. He will probably respond to the email, but no matter what kind of response he sends you should know that you did the right thing, the honorable thing. It takes a big person to do something like that, you would be rare in that sense and you are taking a risk but the reward is worth it.
 jaeden
Msg: 47 (view)

Playing Hard To Get
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:28:05 AM
I think as society evolves, the "hard to get" tactic is slowly falling into obsolesence. On one hand, people value things that are rare/precious or hard to obtain. These days though, people have busier lives and chasing some girl who is giving you the runaround just doesn't seem worth it. Also, people tend to like other people who like them because to us it means they have good judgement for choosing us. The other end of the spectrum is people who are too available, this is usually unnattractive to men and women because it means that the person has no life outside of their partner.
 jaeden
Msg: 55 (view)

Why do guys put pictures of their motorbikes on their profiles?
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:18:42 AM
Could be for several reasons.

1. They want to portray that they lead an exciting and adventurous lifestyle

2. They are motorcycle enthusiasts

3. Its one of the only pictures they have that has a decent full body shot

4. Motorcycles are considered dangerous, some women find men who are not afraid of danger to be sexy.

5. They want to show they have a lot of different sides to them, eg. businessman, sporty, outdoors type etc.
 jaeden
Msg: 5 (view)

I make more money then him.
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:10:57 AM
Well, you're very young still, so I imagine your boyfriend is of a similar age as you. Honestly, at this stage it's completely irrelevant, I have to wonder just how much money you're making to consider it a "lifestyle" at your age. He is still in school and investing in his future, although he is not making any actual money, as long as he is adding value to himself and preparing himself then that is a form of currency in itself, it may be good to even tell him the above sentence in your own words, if he is a reasonable man who has integrity he will understand. If you see a possibility of being with this man down the road, then it would be in both of your financial interests for you to strategically encourage him to succeed in his endeavors, and he should do the same for you.
 jaeden
Msg: 165 (view)

What kInd of Body Figure Do You Find More Appealing?
Posted: 8/2/2008 3:57:19 AM
I seem to have a different preferences depending on the day, I find different female body types attractive. Turn offs for me would be if she is too skinny ( anorexic look) or overweight, fake boobs that are too big are also a turnoff for me. I find that women who have slightly broader shoulders, good posture, and well curved backs are more appealing, it's hard to explain but those three things are very sexy, for me a big turn on is the back of the neck too, if she has a nice neck I'm usually smitten.
 jaeden

Virgin.... would you want to know?
Posted: 8/2/2008 3:41:41 AM
First of all at 25 your still pretty young, 30 is kind of pushing it though. Anyways, if he asks you about it and you're uncomfortable answering the question, you should just tell him that you don't answer questions pertaining to that topic for your own personal reasons, don't be confrontational about it just let him know that. Afterwards, reassure him that it has nothing to do with him and you still really enjoy his company. As a man, I would have absolutely no problem with a 25 year old virgin, it would freak me out more if the girl has had over 10 partners or something at the age of 25 than if she was a virgin. If the girl was into her thirties then I might be wondering whats wrong with her a little bit.
 jaeden
Msg: 35 (view)

why do most white guy, there open 2 race,but if your not white or latina then there not interested??
Posted: 8/2/2008 2:50:59 AM
From what I've seen just about all white guys find white and hispanic women attractive. Asian women are a bit more polarizing for white guys, about 60% of them are really into them (asiaphile syndrome) and the others find them completely unnattractive. About 75% of white guys are not attracted to most black women except for the lighter toned or mixed ones.

Actually, women are less open to interacial dating than men, with the exception of Asian women and Hispanic women, . White women are probably the least open to any kind of interracial dating, particulary the ones who are "considered" attractive, the ones who do partake in interracial dating prefer black and hispanic men. Asian and Hispanic women prefer white guys for interracial dating than black and Asian men. Middle Eastern, South Asian women are usually not into interracial dating, although some may be open to dating a white man. I know it sound like I'm generalizing, but to tell you the truth it's pretty obvious this type of dynamic is present in the North American dating scene. Obviously some races/genders have a obvious advantage due to this. Mostly this is due to Western style racial indoctrination.
 jaeden
Msg: 15 (view)

If a close female friend was being physically abused by her husband would fight for her?
Posted: 7/28/2008 11:34:35 PM
honestly I try not to make friends with women who would allow themselves to be in such a situation. I find that women like that will usually defend the abusers behaviour, most of the time they themselves are freakshows. Let the weak and meek live amongst one another in misery for all I care.
 jaeden
Msg: 75 (view)

How big is it?
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:29:04 PM
is this a joke? like seriously you've had sex with this man several times yet you have absolutely no idea how big he is?
 jaeden

Mixed signals?????
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:11:33 PM
I don't think it's a booty call, rather he probably just wants to go on a date with you to see if theres a chance it can develop into a potential relationship, also he probably needs some female friends to talk to about his past relationship or just hang out. Although it may indeed be a booty call if you've already had sex with him before, if not then it is definitely not a booty call.
 jaeden
Msg: 251 (view)

Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:59:53 PM
what if a woman were pointing a knife at you, or a deranged woman is attacking your children, or a large woman who knows martial arts is assaulting you? Not every woman is a "delicate flower", women are just as capable of inflicting harm on others as anybody. I would most definitely use appropriate force against a woman if the situation warrants it.
 jaeden
Msg: 9 (view)

Do girls dislike when a guy reveals all his secrets too soon?
Posted: 6/10/2008 2:52:25 PM

its got nothing to do with openness/mystery, its all about the big picture. You can't tell a practical stranger a bunch of stuff without putting it into context, that being a big picture that includes a sense of your personality, emotions and nature. Otherwise stuff naturally gets judged in black & white. You can't expect people to wait to find out more about you before making judgements, its simply not practical.

True, but I do think that many women especially younger ones do find a little bit of mystery sexy in a man.
 jaeden
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2008 11:05:04 AM

Women usually prefer men who are open and genuine. Nobody likes a closed book, unless it's got a nice cover, but even "pretty" gets boring, eventually.

On the other hand, you want to present your best side to your date in the early stages of the relationship. Sharing fears can show weakness and doesn't highlight your strengths as a man. Since your partner doesn't know you, she needs to learn how you can add something of value to her life. She needs to see the attractive qualities of your personality and character.

In addition, it's usually best for men to maintain a small degree of mystery. Too much mystery can make you appear closed to her. Too little mystery can make you appear weak (or worse). Try to find the right balance with your partner, and recognize that the weight of mystery generally decreases as the length and depth of the relationship increases.

Thanks, thats the type of answer I was looking for, very detailed and accurate. You didn't judge me like some of the other replies who automatically assumed I'm some ex-con with 10 kids.
 jaeden
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2008 1:18:30 AM
"When your "secret" is about a couple stints in the state pen, yeah women tend to get bummed out. Also when they find out about the wife in another state, the 3 kids, all that rigamaroll, bad news...."

No, nothing quite like that. I've been through quite a bit in life but no kids or wife or jailtime. I'm an artist and I have a very vivid imagination and some of the stuff I like to think or talk about is pretty far out for the average person, I find that some people only like to keep things light hearted and surface level.
 jaeden
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2008 1:07:01 AM
Actually I am not the type of person to reveal everything about myself to people I barely know. thanks for the input though.
 jaeden
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you Believe in Love or is it Just About Finding a Compatible Person?
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:37:05 AM
I think Love is mostly possible between two people who are very innocent and haven't had alot of contact with the opposite sex, if two people like that meet in their adult life and get married or go out, they may stay in the love phase of a relationship for up to 5 years or more. Unfortunately, people who have been through many relationships and sexual partners are less likely to stay in the love phase for more than a few months because it's not as fresh or new to them.
 jaeden
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2008 12:21:43 AM
Just curious, I've heard that women find it a turnoff when a guy spills his guts to a girl when they are meeting for the first few times? Is it a turnoff when a guy talks about his whole life story and totally opens himself up to you, shares all his fears and dreams too soon in the relationship? Or do you ladies prefer a little bit of mystery in your men?
 jaeden
Msg: 1175 (view)

Why men don't date strong women...
Posted: 6/9/2008 11:50:40 PM
Most men are afraid to approach smart, sophisticated, beautiful women. In the average social setting the more immature girls are more often approached because men are less intimidated by them and they think they have a better shot at scoring a number. This often makes it seem like the smarter women aren't dating as much due to them being approached less often. Also I would say that most of the extroverted, player type men who get a lot of women usually prefer the more simple minded girls, they have legitimately have more fun with these type of women so you can't really fault them. Then there are alot of guys like me who would love to date women who are smart, deep and great conversationalists, I really admire women who have goals and dreams and who possess a depth of character and imagination. Deep inside most men would prefer this type of woman, but for some reason these type of women are approached less often therefore date less as well.

Note to self: start approaching smart, strong, beautiful women.
 jaeden
Msg: 30 (view)

What do you consider a loser?
Posted: 2/16/2008 11:48:26 PM
I agree with most of the assessments here but I'll add one more:

a loser is someone that thinks everybody else is a loser.

Show ALL Forums