Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: no one reply's?
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 13 (view)

no one reply's?
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:59:56 AM
True. I normally only message girls no taller than 5'5.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 11 (view)

no one reply's?
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:31:54 AM
I just feel that most women want guys taller than them. thats it. If a girl is 5'4, and wears 5 inch heels, she's only going to date guys 5'9+, thats insane and not true. Most women do not wear high heels anymore. I personally don't go for the type of woman that likes high heels.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 9 (view)

no one reply's?
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:22:32 AM
Dietfree, not exactly sure what height has to do with dating... Maybe you could elaborate on that a bit.
 muscularvampire
Msg: 35 (view)

First meet, won't do something brief like coffee?
Posted: 4/1/2013 3:27:46 PM
Rules in general are silly. Why do we have "rules" Rules only limit us to doing things. Why not just forget about having rules.

personally, I do not want to meet someone for a 20 minutes. That to me is a waste of time.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 82 (view)

Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 4/1/2013 10:09:13 AM
Personally, I've had quite a few first dates in my pool.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 28 (view)

Dating 101 needed. Anyone care to share.
Posted: 3/30/2013 5:21:05 PM
How do you know she is a good person? Just saying.....Unless you know her personally and even then, she might not be a "good" person.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 62 (view)

Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:47:59 PM
Pinky, you don't bring your rug rats on dates, simple as that. Thats extremely rude.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 26 (view)

Dating 101 needed. Anyone care to share.
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:36:45 PM
You're about to start dating and I'm totally about to give it up, for good. I simply do not have any luck on these sites at all. I know many men complain about the same things on this site, not getting any messages. I can send out 20 messages and not get 1 back. That to me is mind boggling. I consider myself to be a good looking, extremely well built guy. So it boggles my mind. Maybe that is the very reason for my lack of messages being returned. I have been told I intimidated women or my build, makes women feel insecure about their own bodies. But that doesn't explain why the young thin girls don't respond.

Anyways, its not worth all the frustration and not getting what you believe you deserve.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 55 (view)

Do people live up to their photo's they post on this website
Posted: 3/28/2013 10:18:38 AM
Everyone is going to post flattering pics. This is all advertising. Is it deception. That is subjective.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 36 (view)

Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?
Posted: 3/27/2013 6:39:32 AM
Just about all athletes shave their bodies. All athletes. Watch any boxer, mma fighter, bodybuilder, swimmer, runner, sprinter. One, your body looks much better without hair. The muscles are much more visible and is more pleasing to the eye.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2013 6:15:09 AM
Why does one need a pic from"yesterday" Does a few months or a year really make a difference? The only time that short a time will make a difference is say if a person got really sick and lost alot of weight. or for whatever reason, that person gained alot of weight. or if they got in a major accident and had their face all mangled. Then I can see having an up to date pic.

But people do not change in a years time. I know people love to argue to the contrary. But they simply do not. Only time there is an exception is for kids. They can change drastically in one year. But adults simply do not. Many people do not like taking pics of themselves for various reasons.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 389 (view)

Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?
Posted: 3/20/2013 9:27:44 AM
Well, we would never date then. If only for the fact, i never give out my full name nor my place of employment, nor my phone number. Maybe my cell. That can't be traced.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 10 (view)

Does POF work?
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:44:51 AM
It can work for women, not to sure about working for men though. I just feel women have way to many choices, therefore can afford to be ultra picky. The bottom line is, men get far fewer messages, far fewer messages returned. you can be a good looking well built man, but still get no messages or very few ever returned. It can get frustrating.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 33 (view)

Why Are All My Dates Financially Broke?
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:13:22 PM
Maybe I'm old school. But the man should have the power. But, you maybe right. I don't think I would want someone totally broke. I wouldn't mind someone that is not so well off, but not dirt broke.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 31 (view)

Why Are All My Dates Financially Broke?
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:02:20 PM
Personally, I like women that aren't all that well off. That just means to me, they will be more dependent on you and therefore more loyal. That may sound bad, but hey, I'm being honest.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 57 (view)

What makes a guy chose online dating?
Posted: 3/16/2013 3:08:51 PM
I said age limit, not minimum age requirement, lol But its cool. After working as a bouncer in some clubs, I really can't stand bars. People who drink are just annoying as hell.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 254 (view)

Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:53:17 PM
That girl, listen chunky one. I am responding to what someone said. He made a statement about his age and tattoos. I have a right to comment on it. got it. good. Now go hit the tread mill.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 55 (view)

What makes a guy chose online dating?
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:49:07 PM
Stubidoo. Let me ask you this. Why can't you go out to a bar or club and hit on girls? You do realize that age is 100% in your mind. You believe yourself to be "too old" and therefore you are. Clubs or bars do not have age limits on them.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 252 (view)

Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 3/16/2013 2:28:57 PM
yes, cause a guy 48 can't have tattoos. lol You do realize how insane that statement is right? Unless your a biker? Another insane comment. First, what does age have to do with tattoos. You either look good in them or you don't. Age is totally irrelevant. You do realize what century this is right?
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 342 (view)

Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?
Posted: 3/13/2013 10:41:48 AM
That girl, i can understand wanting to know if someone is a sex predator, but anything, yes, should be kept private.

Ummm, little lady, those pics are not fake. And if the person meeting me isn't happy, then she has the right to not see me again. Right?

Age is something I don't believe in. I have made myself perfectly clear on that matter. I do not believe age should be used as a judgement on whether or not a woman will date you. So yes, my age is my business and nodody elses.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 341 (view)

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:11:22 AM
So a person doesn't have the right to have things kept private?
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 77 (view)

dating without motorcycle
Posted: 3/12/2013 3:10:19 PM
I speak for women.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 75 (view)

Posted: 3/12/2013 2:34:53 PM
I'm sure a woman would much rather get in a nice sports car with a great sound system and get comfortable.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 3/10/2013 5:20:46 AM
I am quite sure a girl would prefer a man to have a nice sports car over a motor cycle anyday.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 34 (view)

Do people live up to their photos they post on this website
Posted: 3/10/2013 5:15:45 AM
Sorry Helen, but I maintain that aging is a slow process. Slower for some people than for others. In most cases, nobody is going to show any difference in pics in a years time. Sometimes people just like to argue. If I said people always show big changes in a years time, Im sure you would have told me how people do not change year to year, lol

I also believe its different for women than for men. Personally, women age on average alot faster than men do. I'm not talking about the alleged myth that women live longer, I'm talking about aging and looking older.

Here is the only caveat to my statement. When you are young, like my daughter, yes, you can change in a years time. But once you are an adult, you do not change in a years time.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 329 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2013 2:15:10 PM
Dan, people use the same pics. I don't have special pics for this site, and special pics for other sites. Not sure what link you are referring to. 3 years ago, i had different pics. One of my pics is only 8 months old. The other is a little over a year old. so, try again.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 328 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2013 2:13:39 PM
Ummmmm, height isn't size. body mass is size. Boxers are useless. You must not watch much mma, now do you. I have years of kickboxing experience, not to mention mma and submission wrestling experience. So you keep living in your dream world. But the reality is this. The bigger stronger animal will always win. Always.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 327 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2013 2:11:20 PM
Dan, What good would that do, if I was just someone that hasn't been caught yet. No what i'm saying. Plenty of people out there have probably done terrible things, yet have never been caught.

Scary thought. It is estimated that there are hundreds of serial killers in this country and over the last 20 years, that have never been caught. Those guys probably have no criminal record, so what good would a search do then?

Women are under the mistaken belief that some search or typing their name on google is going to do anything. It doesn't.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 323 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2013 12:39:32 PM
Yet, you find it necessary to always comment on what I write. I find that amusing, little man. And what exactly did I say that is trolling? I gave an honest opinion. I find investigating people online an invasion of privacy.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 319 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2013 9:38:38 AM
Crsdan, lol wow, such anger, lol How little you know of me. If you truly knew me, you'd know how utterly insane that statement was.
 MuscularVampire

Posted: 3/7/2013 7:59:05 PM
People's pics do not change in a years time, unless they have some serious illness or they suddenly gained a ton of weight or lost alot. other than that, their pics will be exactly the same. Needed extremely recent pics is not needed.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 311 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2013 10:20:40 AM
If someone ever did that to me, that would really anger me to no end. No telling what I would do. That is such an invasion of privacy.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 305 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2013 8:56:17 AM
This is teaching me something. Never use the same username on different sites. Always use a different name for any site you go on.
 MuscularVampire

Emotional men
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:20:59 AM
Emotions are not worth it.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 24 (view)

Emotional men
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:51:43 AM
I simply turn it off. Weird to say this, but I heard this on a recent episode of a tv show. A woman was upset at the loss of her brother. Her friend said, Just turn it off. You simply turn off your emotions. You might say, that can't be done, humans are emotional creatures. True. But anything can be turned off in your mind. If I choose, i can have very little emotions. Almost like a sociopath.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 61 (view)

Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:05:49 AM
Men are just as attached to their child as any woman. I am extremely protective, even more so than most females. That whole maternal instinct is crap. Just cause a woman carries a child for 9 months, doesn't mean she is any more attached than the father.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 9:03:29 AM
See, what you are talking about is just dating. But, if you met a man you loved, that man should be your world. There is no way you should be putting your friends over your man. If you do, you have issues. And your career? your going to put that above your man? wow.

I would give everything that I expect from a girl. It would be equal. I want to be a woman's god. As she would be mine.

You don't even tell a man your kids are #1. That is the worst thing you could ever do. No man alive wants to be play 2nd fiddle. All men want to be the most important thing in his girls life. Its not selfish, its human nature.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 8:46:58 AM
I have a daughter, but honestly, would prefer to date women without kids. Sure its a selfish reason, but I am honest about. I want to be #1. women with kids always say the same thing over and over. My kids are my world, they come first. See, I for one, don't want to hear that. I want to be a woman's world. Though I love my daughter more than anything, I can also separate between being a father and being a man. I have a separate side. I was a man long before i became a father. Women with children can't seem to separate themselves away from their kids.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 8:39:30 AM
Livinglegend. Thanks for the compliment. But I do know what she is talking about. Ever see those guys with the huge arms and upper body, with the the stick legs. It is kinda funny looking. Unless your a competitive bodybuilder and need to have every single body part in perfect proportion, most guys don't work every single bodypart. I don't think i have ever worked my calfs or forearms. lol But, one should throw in some leg presses, especially if you have pencil legs. lol
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 8:33:32 AM
Debi, so, you made time out of your ultra busy schedule, which is filled with shuttling your son around to wrestling meets, to meet him for what, maybe a half hour lunch and you wonder why he chose to not come? Really? Even if I really liked a girl, I would never meet that girl for only a half hour lunch.

Listen, if you can't find time, to get away from your son for a real date or meet, then you will never meet any guy.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 8:28:13 AM
Trisha, it is known fact that women on this site get tons of messages. Example. I know a woman, whom I know. That is on this site. She is probably about 350lbs, extremely plain jane face. Yet, she gets messages each and every day. That is how I know. Plus, i have talked to numerous women about this very subject.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 7:37:27 AM
The luxury is you having the ability to say no to that guy. I don't even have that option. I never get any messages or rarely if ever even get a message returned. That is the luxury I speak of. While you may get some perverts and some nut jobs, I am sure you also get some guys you like. That is far better than not getting any messages at all.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 7:17:13 AM
bhahahaha. Very very true. Yep, only 30. Im not trying to do a workout for a pic, lol, just a little pump. And yes, I do train legs.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 7:12:43 AM
Thats just it. I do message alot of women. Maybe its my pics, maybe its my name, maybe its my interests, but most don't message back. And when they do, after a few messages back and forth, you never hear from them again.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 7:06:16 AM
Well, maybe you are right. But being a guy, I can only see from the male perspective. Honestly, I would love to get messages from freaky stalker type girls. But I'm weird, I like freaky women, lol
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:47:55 AM
Charliesmom, read a bit closer. I also said that men don't get nearly or even remotely close to the messages that women get, so we can't just move onto the next girl. Thats the big difference.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:29:58 AM
Of course people are going to post their best pics. My pic for example, I took right after a workout and I did 30 pushups to pump myself up a bit. Is it misleading, well, is a girl wearing makeup misleading? No. We all want to make the best impression in our pics. Guys that workout like me, you don't think these guys are working out, right before they hit the clubs. Of course they do. Just as women are putting on their makeup and fussing over their hair before they go out. same thing.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2013 6:17:03 AM
That is the big problem with society today. Women have all these options. Any little thing they don't like, they can move onto the next guy. Too many options leads to being super overly picky and judgmental. You say one word, have a hang nail, don't like your hair, have the wrong tattoo, anything, Its off to the next guy.

My way of dealing with it, is I've pretty much given up on dating altogether. I'm a great guy. Extremely well built, good job, money, own 2 nice cars, yet, no dates, lol. I have a certain standard that I want in a woman, both in looks and personality and I simply will not compromise that. But as men, we don't have the luxury that "women" do. We can't just move onto the next woman. Cause us men on these forums don't get nearly the messages that women do.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 15 (view)

Mr. Hottie or Mr. Sweetie
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:23:26 AM
Ok Brina, lol Gotcha.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 13 (view)

Mr. Hottie or Mr. Sweetie
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:14:11 AM
Oh, once hot, always hot. The old myth about the body falling about is just that, a myth. If you workout, continue to push yourself to improve, you will never lose what you have built. So, losing ones look with age is a myth. It happens if you allow it to happen.

Show ALL Forums