Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why would I care that his last relationshp treated him coldly?
 anita_lay
Msg: 28 (view)

Why would I care that his last relationshp treated him coldly?
Posted: 8/7/2015 4:11:21 AM

We want to know
a) Were you sleeping with him?
b) Did he ever sleep with the first woman?
c) If so, was he still sleeping with her?

If he wasn’t sleeping with the first woman, but was with you, then everything is cool. He would never leave you to go back to her.

If he was sleeping with her, but quit before taking up with you, then yeah, you might need to worry.

If he was sleeping with both of you, first let me say I hope you were all using protection. And secondly, have you considered a menage a trois?

Geez, O'Henry, pervy much?
You should apologise for that post. It's really disrespectful and none of your fvcking business. :(
 anita_lay
Msg: 64 (view)

Predjudice against hiring the 'mature' person
Posted: 8/4/2015 1:30:28 PM
A recent Australian study showed that 69 per cent of workers aged 50-plus would not apply for a new job.
Therefore, we would be rare faces at the average job interview.
Also, would YOU have hired someone 20 years or so older than you when you were in your 30s? I don't think so, because the older worker would be seen as a bad fit.
I think the only aspect that's changed about hiring mature workers is ..us. We're experiencing this now. We were the hirers before.
 anita_lay
Msg: 30 (view)

Remember when sex was dirty?
Posted: 3/3/2015 11:20:38 PM

I don't know about dirty, but the first film I saw that had any sexual overtones was in 1969

First date I had with my first boyfriend was to see Deliverance (1972). Squeal like a pig? OMG.
 anita_lay
Msg: 146 (view)

time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:44:05 AM
I know it sounds strange, especially if you say it slowly.
It's a pseudonym. I was born anita_burger.
 anita_lay
Msg: 144 (view)

time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:00:48 AM
^^A pariah to whom? And for what reason - because she isn't young anymore?
Do you honestly care if some men don't want to sleep with you because you're middle-aged? This is addressed to all the women here.
Personally, I couldn't care less.
 anita_lay
Msg: 102 (view)

time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:04:49 AM

Again, they all assume I'm younger than I really am. Why be "modest" and pretend this doesn't happen to me?

Because it doesn't matter? Because it's not important? Because no one give a damn?
If that's it, if it's just about whether people think you're 50 when you're 55 or whatever...that's sad. It's really, really sad.
Shouldn't we be getting our ego-trips from other things besides this bs? We're past the half-way mark, people. Come on, wake up! There are much more interesting and important issues than whether we still look "young".
 anita_lay
Msg: 100 (view)

time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:01:20 AM
sorry double post
 anita_lay
Msg: 40 (view)

time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:18:12 PM
Cindy Crawford recently released untouched photos of her, complete with stretch marks on her chest and her stomach (she's had two children).
I guess she wouldn't make the grade for so many of you. Her loss, huh?
It's sad and pathetic to read comments about how YOUNG you look at around 60 (this is to so many of the female Poffers here).
“There’s this youth culture that is really, really powerful and really, really strong, but what it does is it really discards people once they reach a certain age. I actually think that people are so powerful and interesting – women, especially – when they reach my age. We’ve got so much to say, but popular culture is so reductive that we just talk about whether we’ve got wrinkles, or whether we’ve put on weight or lost weight, or whether we’ve changed our hair style. I just find that so shallow.”

Annie Lennox, who turned 60 last Christmas Day.
 anita_lay
Msg: 23 (view)

No contact with his kids, no relationship with him?
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:19:54 PM
^^I agree, but I'm wondering what age Joe's kids are.
If they're in their 20s or 30s, it could be fair enough to give them a "taste of their own medicine", especially if he has always remembered birthdays and Christmases. But I agree with bachelorette and others - it's up to the parent to teach right from wrong behaviour. It also confirms an opinion they might have of you - that you really don't care.
But if they're very young or even teens, it's pathetic to do this. Sad and pathetic.
 anita_lay
Msg: 48 (view)

Would you agree that dating gets harder as you get older?
Posted: 12/2/2014 11:46:08 AM
^It's not just the negativity (which itself is draining), it's also so boring to listen to endless stories about someone you don't even know. I think that, plus the money talk, would be enough to put me off. The ''don't expect this" stuff..oh boy.
 anita_lay
Msg: 519 (view)

If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:13:40 AM

I assume that others would agree with me as I say that we don't care you are getting a promotion therefore no need to mention it. We were not thinking of you when you were gone. You did not make a lasting impression.

Yup.
You weren't "possibly mistaken" Belle, you were way off. Moon hardly posts here, and I've only started again after a long break. You're not in our radar. Grow up is right - and how to do it? The world is not about you. Realise this and start to look around ...
 anita_lay
Msg: 516 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2014 10:12:48 PM
We really need a 29-year-old "counselor" coming to the over-45s and lecturing us about our collective dementia because SHE thinks every post is about her!
Do you know how lame you read, making it all about yourself?
 anita_lay
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2014 1:02:14 PM
Re: house guests. It's not just men. A female acquaintance threw a noodle covered with sauce on the floor for my dog to eat during dinner.
Re: dating when older. I was asked out last night by a guy I quite like to see an "avant garde poetry reading".
Kill me.
I thought afterwards, well why not go? It could be ok.
Then I thought "avant garde poetry reading" and realised nothing has changed. I might be 57 but I still would rather stick pins in my eye than listen to bad poetry being screamed out aloud for three hours. So..NO DATE!!
 anita_lay
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 11/27/2014 3:36:08 AM
I was an idiot when I was young. Hopefully, I'm not as stupid. So yes, I date a great deal less. In fact, I don't date at all! But I do still live in hope.
*Shakes cane, pokes pank in the butt with it, totters off* hehehe
 anita_lay
Msg: 470 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2014 1:52:47 AM

With sex toys I can get that, if that's all I wanted

Some people want to touch another - have skin-to-skin contact. Some of us want to kiss, hug, talk, share..surely we have reached the age where we can understand that good sex and (all the endorphins that go with it) is important. Maybe it's more important to some than others. But you can't exchange the orgasm, the excitement, the closeness, the arousal gained from good sex with an orgasm from a sex toy.
And if that good sex comes from a FWB rather than a husband/partner, than what is the problem?
One doesn't have to automatically be hurt by having sex with a friend. I think all these stories of people wanting more because of bonding hormones ... well, you don't always get what you want from a marriage, either.
If a woman or man can find a partner to enjoy sex and other benefits with at our age, well good for them. And it's also good for them.
 anita_lay
Msg: 467 (view)

Posted: 11/24/2014 10:51:43 PM
^^well, if you're lucky, you might get an orgasm out of it...Unless you don't think that's of any value...
 anita_lay
Msg: 438 (view)

Posted: 11/23/2014 12:10:01 PM
As to "...liar, an oaf, a perv, a stalker, stupid..." etc., how many threads have you read or started on the topic of "My ex is the best person in the world" or "my last date was awesome". All these types of threads (about dating, relationships, past marriage) are stories, anecdotes, tales of woe, tales of WTF, tales of ...an odd thing happened. Who cares if they are true, exaggerations, made up or gospel. This is entertainment and if you're taking it as anything more than that...that's your problem

I think men who consistently post or start threads about how all women are cunning, sluts/frigid, "feminazis"',gold-diggers, fat etc are abhorrent and so do many of the female posters here.
When these comments are made, you'll rarely see women posters saying these are entertaining posts. You can let them go to a certain extent, but when it's consistent and they rarely differ in content, most female posters will react.
This is along the same lines and this is what makes ProcolHarem react.
As far as whether the threads are made-up or not, I don't think that matters much. Hypotheticals are fine for a forum, in my opinion. It's the reactions that are real. Whether this thread topic is real or not hardly matters. I'm sure it's happened to women and men. I guess that's the point, really. If it had been written by a man, the reactive posts would have been very different.
 anita_lay
Msg: 395 (view)

Posted: 11/17/2014 11:16:54 PM
The thing is, Ms Cindy, is that he's so boring that you should ignore him, for your own wellbeing!
He doesn't date. He wastes company time and money sitting here looking to deliberately insult people. I hope one day someone looks over his shoulder at work...that is, if he IS at work.
Ignore him and he'll go away. Classic bully, with his idiotic comments. Loser.
 anita_lay
Msg: 358 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2014 6:08:35 PM

The only shaming I see is of your criticism of people who choose to have sex with other consenting adults..

"Adults" being the operative word - goodness, we're most of us here in the later stage of middle-age!
 anita_lay
Msg: 355 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2014 2:06:20 PM
^^ha ha..

All of the men I have been involved with have feminist sensibilities including the man I'm currently involved with.

Me too! I can't imagine even being friends with a man who was anti-feminist.
 anita_lay
Msg: 340 (view)

Posted: 11/14/2014 7:07:06 PM
What's spending money on a date got to do with a FWB? *confused*
 anita_lay
Msg: 256 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2014 11:08:56 AM
^^He's a****ead...
 anita_lay
Msg: 217 (view)

Posted: 11/1/2014 4:09:07 PM
^^but we don't know that he actually said he wanted to have sex with her. He ASKED her if she wanted it, but did he say he did as well? He could have just been curious..lol..
 anita_lay
Msg: 215 (view)

Posted: 11/1/2014 3:48:07 PM
^he has to be demented not to want sex with her?
Bloody hell.
 anita_lay
Msg: 212 (view)

Posted: 11/1/2014 2:23:12 PM
what a load of shyte.
"I have the pu$$y, so I make the rules"...
what rules???? that she can have sex with whomever she wants? But he didn't want to have sex with her! So much for the rules. And the $$!
 anita_lay
Msg: 148 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2014 4:17:40 PM
Yeah, you're so new-age that you call women "ladies". Or "Ladies"..
Ok, I'm outtahere. I've got teeth to floss..
 anita_lay
Msg: 145 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2014 3:56:56 PM
I don't hate you. I don't know you. But I hate the way you think. You're a dinosaur. A clown. A dinosaur-clown.."a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down the pants..."
 anita_lay
Msg: 142 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2014 3:39:32 PM
Not the nasty lawyer? Not the thrice-divorced single dad? Ok, you're their doppelganger. Whatever. It doesn't really matter who you are. You're a conglomerate of every bitter woman-hater who's ever dipped their toes in the pond. You're like an advertisement. Thank goodness you're online and over there. Coz I'd hate to forget my manners and actually laugh directly at you.
Imagine if we did get that desperate for male company and agreed to a FWB - only to have to deal with this sort of thing. It's (more than) enough to turn you gay (not that there's anything....)
 anita_lay
Msg: 138 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2014 3:04:42 PM
Cindy, I think he's the one who is a lawyer (and has represented clients in settlement cases) close to 60 by now (but who the hell knows), has a wife and two kids and used to bytch about her ignoring him for the kids (who were teens then). He got a lot of flack for being married and here so he's obviously mixed his profile up, but can't disguise the same nasty anti-woman tone.
Or maybe your version is his evil twin.
 anita_lay
Msg: 136 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2014 2:53:57 PM
it's "whack", not "wack" (although, with you, it should be "quack").
Maaaaaate, it's not that we don't agree with your opinions on the topic so much, it's just your delivery that sucks. Leave the magnificent Cindy alone. Back off from the boring tit-for-tat comebacks. Get that Harley out and go for a ride (your wife, is she still in the kitchen making dinner and ignoring you? Oh yes, we remember who you are).
You couldn't care less what the topic is as long as someone responds to your snore-posts.
There you go, I responded. Go nuts.
 anita_lay
Msg: 109 (view)

Posted: 10/24/2014 4:16:20 PM
^^Your "dates" should be thanking us, not you. I'd be banging my head against a wall after listening to you for an evening. Hard. To the point of unconsciousness.

I gave my Mom a b-day gift-does that make her a hooker?
I gave a friend a b-day gift-does that make HER a hooker?
If a man I happen to be sleeping w/ gives me a gift, does that make me a hooker?
If I gift a man I am sleeping with, does that make him a man-hoor?

If the gift is cash and it's after a shtup yes, it makes you a hooker. It also makes you a bad speller (hoor???

OP he probably didn't call you back coz he just wanted to see if you'd be up for it. That's all the titillation he actually needs. Another fruitcake online Romeo...
PS: Did anyone credit the great Dorothy Parker for the "you can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think" quote? While we're searching for quote originators? She's a perfect example of why you don't want to mess with some types of women, Tsar(ina). You'd be reading about her having your balls for breakfast. Or maybe not.
 anita_lay
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 10/23/2014 4:08:35 PM
^^It's an urban myth, dating back to the 1930s..

Dear Quote Investigator: There is a famous story about sex and money that I have heard in myriad variations. A man asks a woman if she would be willing to sleep with him if he pays her an exorbitant sum. She replies affirmatively. He then names a paltry amount and asks if she would still be willing to sleep with him for the revised fee. The woman is greatly offended and replies as follows:

She: What kind of woman do you think I am?

He: We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.

This joke is retold with different famous individuals filling the roles. Often Bernard Shaw is mentioned. Did anything like this ever happen? Who was involved?

Quote Investigator: The role of the character initiating the proposal in this anecdote has been assigned to George Bernard Shaw, Winston Churchill, Groucho Marx, Mark Twain, W.C. Fields, Bertrand Russell, H.G. Wells, Woodrow Wilson and others. However, the earliest example of this basic story found by QI did not spotlight any of the persons just listed. In addition, the punch line was phrased differently.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/03/07/haggling/
 anita_lay
Msg: 71 (view)

Posted: 10/23/2014 2:49:24 AM
god this is boring
 anita_lay
Msg: 79 (view)

Are there any active moderators?
Posted: 10/6/2014 1:43:10 PM
^^The snapshots tell both sides. One grovelling, the other insulting and dismissive.
Wish I'd got the grovelling side!!!
 anita_lay
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 10/6/2014 1:24:54 PM
I also think a paid mod needs a strict set of guidelines to follow. It shouldn't matter whether they post or not, but if they choose to then they must stick to the rules, just like the ordinary folk.
If they decide to ban then it should be done in a civil manner. And if a post or thread disappears, the reason for it should be obvious and should link to a rule explaining the decision.
No wonder Markus wanted to get rid of the forums...too bloody hard.
 anita_lay
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 10/6/2014 1:01:53 PM
Mods banning mods...hilarious. And, after reading Halcyon's posts, I'm not even vaguely surprised. What a vituperious bunch of quasi-megalomaniacs. I bet they troll news stories, now that their glory days are over.
Pay someone to do this thankless job. Great threads vanishing because some numbnut doesn't understand the topic, or because he/she doesn't like the poster, or because they had wheaties for breakfast instead of cocopops...
As you can see, I didn't think they did a ''great job''. I thought they did a lousy one, and a nasty, small-minded, bitter and twisted one at that.
 anita_lay
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2014 3:36:36 PM

(btw you misspelled judgment)

No, he spelled it correctly. It's spelled without an 'e' only in the US, and only within a legal context.
 anita_lay
Msg: 157 (view)

What are you currently Reading?
Posted: 10/4/2014 3:27:35 PM
Stoner, by John Edward Williams.
Written in the 1960s, rediscovered - and absolutely brilliant.
 anita_lay
Msg: 34 (view)

55 is the new 35
Posted: 10/4/2014 3:24:41 PM
It's a different world now. We could move out because rents were much cheaper, and they were close to the city. There were plenty of jobs. Education was free (I'm in Australia).
Now, only 0.5% of those on low-incomes can afford to rent a house close to the city. Of course, they can share, but no one wants to rent to a bunch of students. Casual work is just that - very casual. Four-hour shifts, dropped in slow months..in other words, not reliable.
Education costs a bomb with huge debts to pay off once you've graduated.
As far as today's young people's social behaviour goes, they are generally much more aware of the dangers of unprotected sex, they are much more aware of protecting their emotions and they are just as aware of social injustice ...with way more problems to worry about than we did.
I think our generation might have been financially independent earlier, but this generation is far more canny and less idealistic. Is that good? I don't know, but it certainly makes them more mature.
And - I think we had more fun.
 anita_lay
Msg: 372 (view)

Do Others find it harder to meet other people in their 50s?
Posted: 8/6/2014 1:21:59 AM
^^Hilarious....hahahaha
 anita_lay
Msg: 53 (view)

What's up with flight MH17?
Posted: 7/27/2014 1:11:29 AM

The "rebels" cooperated with the investigators of the crash site (I'd bet threats from putin, and threats from everyone else made sure of that).

No, they didn't. What clap-trap do you read?

Haven't you read the reports of cooperation from other nations involved?

What are you talking about?

Not allowing certain "authorities" access was reasonable since they don't trust them.

Huh??

They didn't trash the crash scene. There were mistakes made, the weather was cooking and it was a tough site to secure and there wasn't enough personnel to keep it perfectly uncontaminated. Other countries are satisfied that nothing too compromising happened.

HUH???? They completely trashed it. Phones, cash and credit cards stolen. No one is "satisfied" that nothing too compromising happened (except you, obviously).

They didn't refuse to let the victims bodies leave the site. They did leave when it was set up so they could leave properly. They did the best they could with what they had in the early stages.

HUH????????

No one fcked over the box at the scene, they handed it over. There are live videos of this handover from every nation involved. It was top news and most watched, how did you miss it? (Why did they ended up in the u.k. was my concern).

DAYS LATER. DAYS LATER.
Look, lady, this might be just another conspiracy theory to you, but it's personal to me and thousands of others. I knew two people on that plane. I have been following this story very closely. You are way off the mark. WAY OFF.
 anita_lay
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2014 12:59:05 AM
I thought you wanted to discuss "what's up with flight MH17", not how to ''fix the system".
Yes, it's Putin's fault. Who else supplied the weaponry? Fox News? Geez.
 anita_lay
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2014 7:18:03 PM
The "rebels" are full of drink and drugs and thought they were taking down a Ukrainian fighter jet. I'm no supporter of the right, but your conspiracy theories which try to exonerate Russia's part in supplying the weaponry used to shoot at a civilian aircraft and kill almost 300 people are pathetic.
If the Russian-backed Ukrainian rebels aren't covering up why make it almost impossible for the Organisation of Security and Co-operation to examine in detail the site by threatening them? Why trash the scene? Why refuse to let victims' bodies leave the site for days? Why fvck around over the black box (which won't give much clarity anyway, according to experts)?
No country wants this to escalate into a world war. They are not sending in military personnel. I think you're way off the track.
 anita_lay
Msg: 39 (view)

Marriage over 50 or when kids are out of the question!
Posted: 5/30/2014 4:30:11 AM
Oh Jo, congratulations! I think it all sounds wonderful and romantic and fun and exciting..and how often can we say those four words in one sentence when we're middle-aged?
Paris, love, croissants..three more wonderful words! All the best x
 anita_lay
Msg: 65 (view)

am i expecting to much!!
Posted: 4/20/2014 3:33:22 PM
^You're assuming she's a practicing Christian. And that churches are the equivalent of singles' bars (minus the booze).

I too started out as a young mom, and have pretty much been a single mom of 3 for 24+ years (just one at home now). I made a cursory effort here and there to date, because I did get lonely. But my main focus was on raising healthy kids and developing a career so that I could support them on my own. I've never regretted that choice, I know what was more important.

Some guys do want to settle down with a woman who has a child and can have more with him, it could happen (though that isn't what most guys your age are looking for). But putting a lot of effort toward that will steal time away from your son, who you say is terminal. Personally I can't imagine doing that. So if it happens great, if not.. you won't regret spending that quality time with him :)

Btw I think it's awesome that you have been so open and honest in your profile

I agree with Shakti.
 anita_lay
Msg: 859 (view)

Adults living at home with Mom and Dad
Posted: 3/9/2014 12:29:10 AM
^^You're a smart woman and I wish I thought like you when I was your age. But - one question:
how do you live with your Mom in a studio apartment?
I'm in a two-bedroom house with my 19-year-old and it's still not big enough!! lol..
 anita_lay
Msg: 855 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2014 12:27:33 PM
Still living at home in your 20s is fairly normal. Still living at home in your 30s and beyond is arrrested development. What happened to striving for independence? Does this become unimportant when faced with paying your own bills? How much money do you need before you become an adult and not a grown child?
 anita_lay
Msg: 848 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2014 11:28:24 AM
Love the assumption that Mom and Dad are just thrilled to be financially supporting you as you head towards middle-age.
Yeah, that's Mom and Dad's job, to make sure their little boy has enough money to buy a house before he leaves the nest.
I thought supporting your child until they of adult age is part of parenting. Parents who let their kids use them when they're well into their 30s are just enabling infantile behaviour. Seriously - still cooking meals for them, doing their washing and cleaning etc ...kill me.
My girlfriend and her husband just celebrated their 24-year-old son moving out by skinny-dipping in their pool. And they get to have sex in their lounge room again!
Guess what - Mom and Dad have their own needs and wants and they may not include looking after and paying for still-dependent adults.
 anita_lay
Msg: 46 (view)

Help! I'm gonna be 60! LOL
Posted: 2/28/2014 3:50:29 PM
^^Yeah!
But those parochial and pedestrian types just love to be in positions of coercion. In fact, it sort of goes hand in hand.
 anita_lay
Msg: 45 (view)

Help! I'm gonna be 60! LOL
Posted: 2/28/2014 2:45:49 PM
True. But being older doesn't necessarily make you a bully.

Show ALL Forums