Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: New Users feature ALSO now for paid members only
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 4 (view)

New Users feature ALSO now for paid members only
Posted: 7/6/2016 9:57:38 PM
I agree... this is absolute bullshit. Greed is a horrible thing. This site has become the new "matchdoctor"... great in the beginning, but this latest fiasco of not allowing someone to see the newest sign-ups without paying is the last straw. I've had my profile on here for nearly 14 years without so much as a nibble... time to move on.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 26 (view)

On the news today, Match bought POF for 575 million
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:31:27 PM
Well.... DAMN!
I didn't know anything about this, but I can guarantee all of you that this site's days of being FREE WILL be coming to an end. Yahoo Personals USED to be free, but when Match.com took THAT over, that was the end of it being free.
A pity, but I must admit that after having my profile on here for over 12 years and not a single "bite", I won't be out much... the site never worked for me. :(
I'll certainly miss this site.
Amazing what greed will make people do.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 16 (view)

How to keep a shaved head longer
Posted: 6/3/2015 9:08:29 PM
How do you keep a shaved head longer? DON'T PISS OFF ISIS(HAH!)!

Or... how about THIS one.....
How do you keep a shaved head longer? Put it in a Ziploc bag and stick it in the freezer!
I got a million of 'em! :D:D:D
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 8 (view)

How to tell if it's a fake profile?
Posted: 8/10/2013 10:27:46 PM
I remember a few years back on POF, I ran across this woman's profile... she was from a city about 50 miles from where I live. Now, I don't know if the profile was a FAKE or NOT, but when I looked at the photo she had posted, I busted out laughing... it was a picture of Jan Smithers. For those of you who don't remember her, she was the actress who played "Bailey Quarters" on WKRP.
So, I e-mailed this woman and wrote, "WOW! You look EXACTLY like Jan Smithers!", within an hour.....FFTTTT! She deleted her profile(HAH!)! :D
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 36 (view)

sciatica
Posted: 1/7/2013 8:45:21 PM
Alright...time for me to put my two cents worth in....
I've had Sciatica off and on ever since I was in my teens, but it always cleared up in a day(Or less), and was never anything more than a nuisance. For the past five weeks, however, my Sciatic nerve has been giving me hell. Now here is the weird part.... 3 weeks ago today, I awoke COMPLETELY PAIN-FREE, and it lasted all day! The next day....BAM; the pain was back. Has anyone heard of THAT happening before?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 102 (view)

forgotten instruments...
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:55:33 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but the serpent is pretty much all but forgotten! Composer Bernard Herrmann (1911-1975) used the serpent in his scores for Journey to the Centre of the Earth, among others, and composer Jerry Goldsmith(1929-2004) used the serpent in his score for Alien. Very creepy instrument! It got it's name because - well - it sort of looks like a serpent! :D
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 33 (view)

March 22, 2012 - Major Worldwide Quake Warning
Posted: 8/14/2012 9:25:45 PM
"Yeah, heard about September at the equinox possibly triggering something around the eastern Atlantic coast..."

IT BETTER NOT!!!! I'm going to the beach at the end of September! Make that Atlantic coast earthquake occur about mid-October, please! :P
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 45 (view)

your personal theme song
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:25:45 PM
Alone Again(Natrually) - Gilbert O'Sullivan
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 13 (view)

Favorite Amusement Park Ride
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:26:03 PM
My favorites were never at an amusement park, but rather at those traveling carnivals....
My absolute favorites were
The Toboggan(FANTASTIC!!!)
The Trabant
The Rock and Roll

There are a few others, but I can't remember the names of them.
Most of the ones I mentioned above have been "decommissioned", I'm sorry to say. :(

My LEAST favorite..... THE DOUBLE FERRIS WHEEL!!! I HATE HEIGHTS, and yet, the last time I went to the local fair, what the hell did I do? I GOT ON THE DAMNED DOUBLE FERRIS WHEEL!!! :D:D:D
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 23 (view)

March 22, 2012 - Major Worldwide Quake Warning
Posted: 3/25/2012 9:15:03 PM
It sure would be nice to know if the world IS going to end on December 21st, because if it IS, I'm not buying any more Christmas presents!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 297 (view)

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:18:17 PM
"Observation: 90% of the posts are from MEN saying they are going to leave.

Result: Only those guys looking for sex will stay as the serious shoppers will move on.

PoF might be trying to drain the pool a little to square up the men vs women ratio with this move.

Problem is, when you dump out the pool. All that is left is shallow water."

I actually take offense at this statement. True... I'm sure that there are a LOT of men on this site looking to just get laid, but I am NOT one of them, and even though I am VEHEMENTLY opposed to this blatant attempt to milk us, I plan to stay and hopefully find a woman to share my life with. I'm not going to make a hollow threat about leaving, and if I ever state that I'll be deleting my profile, it won't be a threat.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 45 (view)

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:30:01 PM
A few others have already posted this, but I will post it as well.....

G----------R---------E--------E--------D.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 6 (view)

Whitney Houston dead at age 48
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:55:54 PM
Just another druggie who thought she was invincible.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 11 (view)

Impatien Impatience!!!
Posted: 9/28/2011 3:20:20 PM
"Would you care for a laxative? That makes no sense, just like your post makes no sense..."

Yes... would you care for a laxative, because you're full of sh!t!
Please take my good-natured ribbing in the spirit in which it was intended, but apparently you haven't... oh well.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 9 (view)

Impatien Impatience!!!
Posted: 9/28/2011 9:25:58 AM
"It's sad that you're poisoning our Earth with all those chemicals just so you can show off for your siblings, ugh! You would have much better results if you went organic. Start a compost bin & go green, next growing season your plants will be the envy of your siblings, not only that you won't need to spend all that money on chemicals & you won't be destroying our Earth."

Would you care for a laxative?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 5 (view)

Impatien Impatience!!!
Posted: 9/27/2011 9:57:52 PM
CREEPY!! You just described a typical date for me(HAH!!)!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 3 (view)

Impatien Impatience!!!
Posted: 9/27/2011 8:59:13 PM
Actually.... my sibs probably care MORE about my flowers than they do about ME(Long story).
Also.... I was actually mixing half Peter's plant food with half Bloom Booster... it didn't seem to hurt the plants.
Additionally, I have some Verbena that I transplanted, and I'm looking for similar results for THEM as well!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 1 (view)

Impatien Impatience!!!
Posted: 9/27/2011 8:11:55 PM
Need some more suggestions!!!
I have sibs coming in a week and a half. I planted some Impatiens about three weeks ago, and they are doing great. Yesterday, I planted some more, and while they aren't all that small, I need them to grow FAST... in other words, before my sibs arrive! I've been alternating Peter's plant food with Miracle Gro Bloom Booster, and have been IGNORING the label directions(Use product every 2 weeks). While I haven't seen any damage to the plants from my watering regimen, I've stopped watering with the solutions as frequently as I was.
Have any of you a suggestion(s) as to how I can get fast growth out of my Impatiens? Have any of you done what I've been doing(alternating the solution), and if so, what were YOUR results?
Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 22 (view)

Are the forums helpful for dating?
Posted: 9/26/2011 10:21:43 PM
I can answer the OP's question with one word....................

HAH!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 15 (view)

Is it rude to ask about someone's tatoos?
Posted: 9/18/2011 7:07:20 PM
There's this girl who works at a local grocery store who looks just like an Oompa Loompa, except SHE has tattooes. I asked her why she would voluntarily mutilate her body with tattooes and she yelled, "BECAUSE I LIKE 'EM!". Then she went off to stir the chocolate river.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 7 (view)

Online dating websites vs. chat rooms: Which produce better results?
Posted: 9/18/2011 9:33:11 AM
The personals websites don't produce ANY positive results for ME.
On the PLUS side... I DID get some great ideas on how to rot a STUMP!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 21 (view)

Sudden taste change..ODD ? Is it common?
Posted: 9/17/2011 10:17:29 AM
Hey "pepper"....
You ever smoked when you had the FLU?!? Now THAT'S NASTY!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 10 (view)

I'm stumped!
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:14:16 AM
I seriously doubt that it will end up in YOUR water supply......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Sorry... I couldn't resist!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 6 (view)

I'm stumped!
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:58:45 PM
Forgot to mention that that stump is right up AGAINST a cinderblock wall, and grew BETWEEN the wall and the concrete patio.
 shoulderlegs

I'm "stumped"!
Posted: 9/16/2011 8:40:31 PM
I just cut down a weed bush, leaving a respectabe-sized(?) stump behind.
What is the FASTEST way to make the stump rot?
I have a friend who says that if you drill a hole down in the center of the stump, then pour either motor oil or some gas in the hole, it will "do the trick".
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 10 (view)

My TV remote.... THIS is odd....
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:51:12 PM
I think there's a REMOTE POSSIBILITY that the problem is fixed! Sorry, but I just HAD to use that pun!!!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 9/4/2011 10:23:43 PM
Ummmm...... nevermind.... it turned off!
 shoulderlegs

Posted: 9/4/2011 10:18:59 PM
I just walked over to my sofa to pick up the remote so I could turn the TV off..... my remote lights up when you push any of the buttons. It's been over an hour since I even touched the remote, and when I went to pick it up, I noticed that it's still lit up!
Outside of taking the batteries out, does anyone have an idea as to how to get the light to turn off(It's an RCA universal remote, BTW)?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 25 (view)

Hot water tanks
Posted: 9/1/2011 10:18:00 PM
Sorry about that!
Yeah... the HWT has a plug just above it that you can - obviously- unplug from the wall... it's a flat, grey wire about 3/4 inch wide.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 24 (view)

Hot water tanks
Posted: 9/1/2011 7:15:57 PM
"We're starting to stray a bit from the OP, but I am enjoying this. OP, do you have any other questions yet?"

Sawdust.... more to the point, do YOU have any questions for ME!?? Please ask them!

Hozo... you are quite correct; I just want to save some money on my monthly electric bill, and a tankless water doohickey is DEFINITELY not an option!
 shoulderlegs

Hot water tanks
Posted: 8/31/2011 8:09:32 PM
Actually, I already have the two thermostats on the tank down to 120. And I ALWAYS keep jugs of water frozen in the freezer.
 shoulderlegs

Hot water tanks
Posted: 8/30/2011 9:39:17 PM
To any electricians on here.....
Can I save some money on electricity by unplugging my hot water tank after taking a shower, then plugging it back in an hour before I take a shower? Yes.... it's an electric water heater!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 133 (view)

How come some of you all have been on this site for more then 3 and 4 years
Posted: 8/16/2011 6:48:36 PM
I've been on these damned silly websites for over 12 years. I believe I've had my profile on 32 different personals sites... and never had any luck. I'm getting older, but I'm not giving up!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 31 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:04:28 PM
As I said, I cleaned the fridge and freezer out this past weekend, and it looks and smells fantastic now, but I just opened it a few minutes ago and.... well.... ummm.... have any of you ever seen the film The Day of the Triffids?

BTW... if you mix baking soda and VINEGAR.... you will have a VERY big mess! That's what we used to combine in elementary school to make a papier mache volcano "erupt"!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 28 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/8/2011 3:48:18 PM
Well, it took over EIGHT HOURS, but I cleaned the fridge and freezer! I used a solution of Clorox and water.... breathing in all those vapors for 8 hours.... I hope I didn't brain my damage!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 27 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/6/2011 8:33:04 AM
Well... I cleaned all the contents out last night, and the smell isn't NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be! In fact, it's pretty much odor-free!
I just have to clean it out now, and make sure it's disinfected! I'm dreading it!
Oh, "Sweetness"... I didn't clean it out right away because I THOUGHT the power was going to be turned back on shortly after it went off!:( This last time was the THIRD time this year that my landlady didn't pay the bill, but the other two times, she paid the bills, and power was restored the same day. It ain't gonna happen again!
And "FyrKrakn"... thanks for the kind words... I couldn't post immediately below you because of the inane posting "policies" on here!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 23 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/5/2011 12:54:25 PM
Well... "incarceration" would be an apt term! I stayed in my place for as long as I could, which was about 4 weeks, but with this being one of the hottest summers since I was a kid in 1977, I would NEVER have survived it for long, and am surprised that I made it as long as I did(Obviously, without electricity, I couldn't run an A/C or fan, and had to resort to laying those rectangular ice packs on my chest to help keep me cool while trying to sleep). In essence, my place DID become a "prison", but now it's back to being my "home"... and I couldn't be happier.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 21 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/5/2011 12:45:26 PM
It is a VERY LONG STORY, but the gist of it is that my landlady got scammed by one of those damned Nigerian LETTERS(NOT an e-mail!)... they took every cent of her's. She was SUPPPOSED to be using my rent to pay the utilities, and she didn't. She NEVER ONCE came to me in advance to let me know what was going on and what was getting ready to happen concerning the utilities. Then, on May 25th...POOF! The lights went off, and for the past ten weeks, my life has been a nightmare of not knowing if she was going to get the lights turned back on; her house was also auctioned off(Which didn't affect me, thankfully).... as I said, it's a very long story, but I finally was able to get MY electricity back on this past Tuesday, and am in the process of moving back in.
On a side note: None of my family or friends offered to help me during this time. Then, about 4 weeks into this mess, A friend of mine needed me to help him with his yard; his mother wasn't expected to live through that weekend, and he needed me to do his yard for him, since he was at the hospital all the time. I went over there, and I started telling him about what had happened, and before I could finish my story, he said, "You can stay at my mother's house as long as you need to". I picked up the key the day his mother died(Which was about 6 weeks ago), and tonight will be my last night staying at his mother's house. I wouldn't have made it without my friend... and he will never know just how grateful I am... and will always be.
....does that answer your question?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 19 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/5/2011 12:32:15 PM
Actually, "Velma"....
I DID "google" it, but I wasn't really satisfied with the "answers" I was getting, so I decided to try our community on HERE. People on here ALWAYS have personal everyday experiences that are similar to this, and I figured I could get an honest, helpful, and friendly answer.

Oh, and "Lint Spotter"... I LOVE the smell of Clorox ... reminds me of the swimming pool I was a member of when I was a kid!
 shoulderlegs

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/4/2011 4:18:26 PM
I have just recently returned to my apartment after having to involuntarily leave it for 10 weeks. I have to clean the fridge out. Yes, it is nasty(But not TOO nasty!); I left everything in there(except milk and meat), which basically consisted of condiments and things of that sort. The fridge is just a little over 2 years old, so it's in perfect condition.
What would be the best way to clean/disinfect the inside of the fridge? I was planning on using a solution of clorox diluted in water... DEFINITELY not too strong, though.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
 shoulderlegs

Any telephone repair technicians on here? HELP!!!!
Posted: 5/16/2011 8:12:33 PM
I'm guess this is the right forum for this question, but just to be safe, I'll post it on the off-topic forum as well.....
I have tried "googling" this problem, and I can NOT find anything on it.
For the past several months, whenever I'm talking to a friend on my landline phone, I can hear my neighbour talking to someone on HER phone. That is, I can hear HER conversation on MY phone! I know that even though we have different residences, our lines connect to the same Network Interface Box. Is there SOMETHING I CAN DO at the box to correct this problem?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 19 (view)

An innocent accidental death
Posted: 5/6/2011 10:13:39 PM
I once had a pet weasel. One night, Mr. Teasel the Weasel was asleep atop the TV, when he suddenly EXPLODED!!!!! No one could ever explain it!

OKAY... I MADE THAT UP!
 shoulderlegs

Legends of music
Posted: 5/1/2011 10:20:58 PM
Not a singer, but I would love to be able to bring back composer Bernard Herrmann, who would've been 100 come June 29th(Died on December 24th, 1975... aged 64 years)!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 16 (view)

Bin Laden
Posted: 5/1/2011 10:15:33 PM
Well.. Trump is just as responsible for Osama being dead as that ass in the white house!
And don't you know HE is going to use that when it's time for re-election!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 118 (view)

are the gas prices killing you yet
Posted: 4/29/2011 9:42:13 PM
I don't know if we're allowed to post links, but this is a very interesting read:

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/energy-a-environment/158319-production-not-taxes-will-ease-fuel-price-spikes
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 104 (view)

are the gas prices killing you yet
Posted: 4/28/2011 10:20:08 PM
Ummmmm.......
You're kidding.....right?
I HOPE you're kidding! Without emoticons attached to a statement like that, it's hard to tell! (<--- like THAT one!)
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 17 (view)

end of the world...may 21,2011!!!!!
Posted: 3/29/2011 9:42:57 PM
DAMN..... I hope I get laid one last time!
 shoulderlegs

Music you have been jamming to lately
Posted: 3/27/2011 9:33:54 PM
Well... this afternoon I listened to a few scores by Bernard Herrmann, then tonight I'm listening to Steve Roach's masterpiece Mystic Chords and Sacred Spaces.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 11 (view)

Who was the first Rap Artist?
Posted: 3/25/2011 8:39:51 PM
Actually, I thought Red Sovine was the first "rapper"! I guess he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!
 shoulderlegs

Who was the first Rap Artist?
Posted: 3/24/2011 7:45:21 PM
"Rap Artist" is the greatest example of an oxymoron EVER!

Show ALL Forums