Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Monitor vs. Television for computer monitor?
 TheIrishKnight
Msg: 3 (view)

Monitor vs. Television for computer monitor?
Posted: 11/13/2010 6:18:16 PM
There are a lot of larger monitors that are pretty cheap these days, you can probably find a reasonably sized monitor for $350. On that note, you can use a LCD television, just make sure you get a nice graphics card for your computer then with an out-to-tv connection.
 theirishknight
Msg: 4 (view)

what terms of endearment do you use with your partner and when?
Posted: 4/17/2009 10:18:59 PM
One of my friends and his girlfriend basically do the whole terms of endearment 90% of the time when they talk to each other. It's like.. "Hi lovey dovey, how's snookem pookems doing?" etc etc etc. It's almost like their speaking another form of language it's so thick. Not that it's a bad thing, whatever makes them happy but it's kinda amusing to listen to.
 theirishknight
Msg: 12 (view)

wat is the matter with fat people!
Posted: 4/17/2009 10:05:46 PM
Wasn't it during the renaissance that people liked larger people because it made them appear to be financially well off? I guess things change with time, wait a couple hundred years and something else will be the trend.
 theirishknight
Msg: 2 (view)

what terms of endearment do you use with your partner and when?
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:58:18 PM
I don't think I've ever had anything that made me cringe. If your looking at *when* you want to start using those names, I'd just start with something small. Like every now and then toss a hun in there or something, then branch out from there.
 theirishknight
Msg: 205 (view)

Dating and Bankruptcy
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:56:16 PM
If they are filing bankruptcy from say.. their business going under because of the recession, that's one thing. If they file bankruptcy because they are really horrible at balancing their checkbook, that's another story.
 theirishknight
Msg: 11 (view)

Nice Guy Syndrome
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:53:43 PM
Perhaps being "too nice" also can be viewed as "too passive" which may be in contrast to the natural dominate male mentality, which some women may want directly or indirectly.

I think of myself as a nice guy.
 theirishknight
Msg: 33 (view)

How can I talk to her
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:17:03 PM

I think the problem may be that you are looking at her as something unreal and unatainable(I know this because I do it to sometimes...lol).

I think it's human nature to do this, for almost everything.

On another note, just talk to her like you would a friend. Try to get that "Ooooo... I want her!!" mentality out of your head. After you've gotten to know her a little, then see where it goes.
 TheIrishKnight
Msg: 29 (view)

How can I talk to her
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:24:26 PM
Just start by saying "Hi" when you see her. Then after a few days say "Hi, how's it going?". It's probably one of the better methods if your paralyzed concerning talking with a girl. It opens up the door for her to talk back to you and perhaps make things easier for you since she can be the conversation starter instead of you. Also, it allows you to gauge if she even gives you the time of day, and also she may mention something about if she has a boyfriend or not so you'll know whether to move forward and ask her out, or not.

Sometimes the simplest approach is the best approach.
 seanorama
Msg: 18 (view)

Pet peeve that ruined the outing
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:53:53 PM
If a girl talks on her cell phone 24/7 while I'm out on a date with her. I haven't had that happen ever, but I think it would probably irritate me a bit if it did. When I go on a date I be sure to turn my cell phone to vibrate or off to be polite.
 seanorama
Msg: 13 (view)

She says cant find phone charger but...
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:44:59 PM

Bottom line is still the fact that no long distance relationship is going to have any chance at working when you are not honest (both parties) because trust is the core. You have to be able to not worry and trust the other person or you will go nuts second guessing where they are or what they are doing and who with (wink) all the time.

I 100% agree. Long distance relationships CAN work, but there needs to be honesty and trust involved, otherwise like what Cowboy said is that you'll go nuts guessing what's going on.

Well, since I don't know the whole story of what's going on, as in I don't know the OP or the other person, and I'm just going by what has been said, I would probably just be very forward and ask if she's even still interested or not. If not, move on. If she says she's interested yet it still feels like "she's just being nice" and doesn't want to hurt your feelings but continues to dodge your calls, emails, or whatever then I would just move on. There are plenty of people out there.
 seanorama
Msg: 6 (view)

TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:30:06 PM
I've had a tv in the bedroom since I was about 8 years old or so, although that one was a hand-me-down to the fourth power, barely worked. I have a 32" LCD TV in my room with all the bells and whistles.
 seanorama
Msg: 68 (view)

Agree or Disagree: If a person has a good personality you can make yourself sexually attracted
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:56:33 AM
I think each person has their own criteria of what they want out of a relationship, some people lean more on physical attraction, or personality, or whatever. I 100% never again want to rely on physical appearance as the primary standard, I've already been down that road when I was a teen who wanted any good looking girl that had a pulse. Granted, I was a teen during that ordeal but it's taught me some valuable lessons. Those relationships back then were very shallow and quite boring.

My recipe for what I want in a woman would be..

2 Cups of Personality
1 Cup of Related Interests
1 Cup of Physical Attraction
A Pinch of Pure Win

Bake for 30 minutes and out comes an awsome woman. ** Oven temperatures may very depending on altitude. :)
 seanorama
Msg: 14 (view)

Lifestyles or Hobbies getting in the way?
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:03:31 PM
I think it's perfectly healthy to have a range of hobbies and activities that both people can relate to, since this opens up the chance for more things to talk about and do that both like.

I do think if a person has one huge hobby that takes up the bulk of his/her time, which includes what they talk about, then it can become a problem. For example, in my past I knew a girl that was passionate about baseball, and since I'm not a baseball fan my eye's pretty much glaze over while I just nod as she talked about particular players and stats. I wasn't against watching baseball from time to time, even though I'm not a fan, it's just trying to discuss something that I have no knowledge of was a bit hard, especially when it's about all she did.

That's why I think it's important to have at least 'some' things of common interest, opens up discussions, etc.
 seanorama
Msg: 62 (view)

What do you want to do? I don't know, what about you?
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:55:20 PM
I try to be open with what she would want to do. I'll generally ask what she wants to do, unless I already have an idea of what to do. If I find that it's just a bunch of "what do you want to do??" followed by "I don't know, what do you want to do???" then I'll be someone assertive and plan something, since I know it will just keep on going around and around. Same thing could be said about her with me though, if she wants to be assertive from time to time I have no problem with that either.
 seanorama
Msg: 15 (view)

Why are so many attractive people divorced?
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:48:39 PM
I agree, it's because a lot of people only focus on the "appearance" of the person, and don't even consider the core of the person until later in life. As for me, I think I began really focusing on the inner person after I made it out of my teens, I just found that focusing on appearance only creates very bumpy relationships.
 seanorama
Msg: 22 (view)

If we could Rewind?
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:42:19 PM
During high school I had this little krush on this particular girl. This was the only and last girl where I couldn't approach because it was intimidating, other than that I haven't had any problems with approaching girls.

Anyhow, one day I managed enough willpower to walk up to her and I asked her if she would like to hang out, so she gave me her phone number. I never called her. I found the act of calling her too intimidating. *hangs head in shame*

Mind you, this was early-mid teens, so I was still somewhat new to the whole "dating/relationship/flirt" deal. I just found it amusing to think back on that. These days I don't let that stop me, of course.
 seanorama
Msg: 7 (view)

Not a touchy feely person
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:26:58 PM
If your trying to find out if someone is "touchy/feely" online only, it's probably just best to ask out-right. Sometimes you can tell on the first date, if they put their arm around you, hand on shoulder, etc.
 seanorama
Msg: 3 (view)

How do you start...
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:45:15 PM
Well, that can be somewhat a hard thing to solve. But here is what I do to make myself feel good about myself..

- Always be "clean-cut" in terms of hair, clothing, etc.
- Keep your living environment clean, at least for me this makes me feel good.
- Hang out with friends, do some hobbies, try to keep your mind occupied.

I don't think I've ever loathed myself, but sometimes I think it's only human to feel down from time to time. Hope this helps. :)
 Seanorama
Msg: 2 (view)

What am I doing wrong? :)
Posted: 8/28/2007 3:34:58 PM
What I don't understand? Something I'm saying is redundant? Or is this topic killed to death already? I'm new to this site, perhaps I should have did some searches. :)
 Seanorama
Msg: 1 (view)

What am I doing wrong? :)
Posted: 8/28/2007 3:20:27 PM
When I was a mid to late teenager (I'm 28 now) I never had any issues with girls. I usually had a girlfriend or some form of relationship about 1/2 my highschool and early college period. I don't think I'm attractive, well.. I don't think I'm unattractive either I guess. Probably hovering somewhere in the middle of the road. I'm a fun guy to be around, people seem to love my personality. I'm not a jerk, I would have to go out of my way to be one. So that had me thinking over the past few years, I seem to be a good guy, and yet I can't get a girl or even in a relationship anymore.. and I just have no clue why. I always get this.. "not interested!" feeling from any women I talk to now.

The only thing that I can think that changed is that I'm not the brash and reckless youth like I used to be. Maybe that is what got girls to pay attention to me back then?Maybe I'm hideous? lol. Ohh.. I don't know. I've been going over this probably a thousand times by now in my head over the past few years.

Well I don't know, it's hard to lay my entire personality on here to help solve this mystery. Perhaps checking out my profile might help a bit, no that's not a plug it's just that a lot of what I'm like is on here.

Any suggestions or observations would be greatly appreciated. :)
 Seanorama
Msg: 8 (view)

Getting Inside A Guy's Head
Posted: 8/28/2007 3:05:55 PM
Ok some thoughts...

1. Say/Write their name depending on what your doing. Such as if your on the phone, say their name from time to time such as with me it would be.. "So what do you plan on doing tomorrow, Sean?". The same thing could be used on a Instant Messenger too, email, etc. People have no idea the power of just saying their name, it lets them know that your talking straight to them. Pretend your talking to the person, and the person just says to you.. "How are you doing?" does that carry much weight behind it? How about if you add your name in there?.. such as "How are you doing, Nancy?". Maybe it's just me, but I've always found that simple little thing to be quite powerful.

2. The more complicated "trademarking yourself". I'll just give an example, I knew this girl who had pink for everything. She liked pink, it was her thing. She had a pink website, pink myspace, pink sigs, pink everything. Every time I saw pink anywhere, she would pop in my head. Another short example, I knew a girl that had a Jeep Cherokee, she talked about it a lot. Every time I saw a Jeep Cherokee, she popped in my head. I think you get the general idea. I don't know if trademarking is the correct term to use for this, but I think it's sort of fitting.

I hope that helps. :)

Show ALL Forums