Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you date someone with Herpes?
 simplyme60440
Msg: 306 (view)

Would you date someone with Herpes?
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:14:37 PM
My soon to be ex had herpes when I married him. I knew the chances but we always made sure we were careful. He knew his body well and knew if there was an outbreak starting. Those times we abstained. Every other time even without an outbreak we used condoms. There were a couple times we used nothing which is how we got our sons but mostly we stayed protected. I have never contracted herpes and we were sexually active together for around at least 6 of those years (don't ask). On the flip side my best friend has herpes. No they weren't together. :) Her and her husband have been together and sexually active for 10 years. Her husband has never contracted the disease either.
My point is don't let this be the deal breaker. It is completely possible to have a sexual relationship without the other person contracting anything. If she knows her body well she will know when to avoid sexual contact. Good luck.
 simplyme60440
Msg: 83 (view)

Oral sex during period?
Posted: 3/12/2013 6:39:14 PM
I have had a man give me oral when I was on my period. I was surprised and actually grossed out at first but because he was fine with it I decided not to stress and enjoy. He mainly stayed toward the clit area which is perfectly fine. :) He said he never tasted anything bloody and all was good for both. I did make sure to take a shower right before to help with cleanliness so there were no problems. I say if he's okay with it then let him do it. Have fun!
 simplyme60440
Msg: 7 (view)

Lady's you women rather use IM then message sends or ?
Posted: 3/5/2013 12:05:09 AM
I personally won't use the IM thing nor will I do he Skype thing. I think it's too much pressure to respond right away. I like the messages at the beginning then phone then meet. At the beginning though I want to be able to respond on my own time which means emails.
 simplyme60440
Msg: 13 (view)

Do girls like big guys?
Posted: 3/4/2013 11:30:43 PM
Of course there are many women who like big men. My soon to be ex is actually a bigger man. Of course he is now the reason why I won't date one again. Although we had other issues the sexual ones because of his size (actually both sizes) became a big problem in our marriage and I personally won't deal with that again. I wouldn't mind a man who is a little overweight because I'm not perfect in size myself but I won't date or be with a big man again.
 simplyme60440
Msg: 23 (view)

Boyfriend of 3 years wont have sex with me anymore
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:53:33 PM
Definitely read up on passive/aggressive behavior. The many articles and stories from other people who have dealt with it was eye opening for me. Some have it way worse of course but when I was reading about it so many things made complete sense. Just remember it is not you!!
 simplyme60440
Msg: 20 (view)

Boyfriend of 3 years wont have sex with me anymore
Posted: 2/21/2013 7:50:31 PM
I'm sorry but your boyfriend sounds like my almost ex husband. He cut me off sexually and blamed me. I knew he wasn't cheating because he was always home. I did some research and found out that he had a passive/aggressive personality. Those people use punishment to gain control over everything. I am 38 and it hit me just as hard as it seems to be hitting you. I would have a problem with something and I would try talking to him about it. At the end of the conversation I would walk away scratching my head trying to figure out how the whole conversation turned against me and how I ended up apologizing. My self-esteem was in the toilet as well. My next step was walking away. I have been working on myself and he has been alone wondering what happened. He actually admitted to me that the reason he couldn't have sex was a medical problem even though all along he was blaming me and my lack of turning him on. My advice to you is the same. Get rid of him and be glad you didn't have to put in more time to found out he is like this. Anyone who uses sex as a weapon to control is wrong and not worth your time. You are a beautiful young girl and you CAN do better. I'm sure you have inner beauty as well. Do what you need to do to remind yourself everyday that you are worth way more than what you are getting. Good luck!
 simplyme60440
Msg: 15 (view)

Cutting off or withholding sex
Posted: 2/19/2013 8:56:32 PM
I think it is soooo wrong to use sex as a weapon for both men and women. I always said it is something I would never do because sex is an important part of a marriage. Of course it didn't stop my husband from doing it to me. At the time he told he was mad at me and didn't desire me anymore. Now after we are separated he told me that there was a medical reason and he couldn't. That's great for now but for the almost 5 years we didn't have sex I became a mess. I became depressed and my self-esteem dropped like crazy. When we separated it was a relief for me and no matter what I would never get back with him because of that. I know this is not the question you asked but I wanted to put it out there that there are passive/aggressive men who will do the exact same thing as a punishment. Even though the medical reason was the real reason he led me to believe it was a punishment for me.

Show ALL Forums