Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Rejection
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 15 (view)

Rejection
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:01:41 PM
Thanks I would date you. You seem honest.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 10 (view)

Rejection
Posted: 2/13/2013 2:57:12 PM
I was not bombarding this guy with letters so for that I am not at fault now I am getting extremely frustrated because I am getting told it is my fault. Maybe his wife did find out but I feel that not being honest and not giving an explanation is childish. Honesty is all I ask for. I am over it so stop attacking that's not helpful advice. I have moved on and now want to forget. I will not read threads anymore nor write them.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 8 (view)

Rejection
Posted: 2/13/2013 10:18:44 AM
Ok I get it. But I am only human I don't know what I did wrong I can't read minds. I may have high expectations but I believe in honesty and constructive criticism. This can be done in a non attacking way. But not everybody the capabilities to be honest. I find it hurtful not knowing what I did. I can't look at if if I really don't know. I am not upset by it anymore I just want to move on and not let others take my power and ruin my good day ahead. I respect those that are honest and I leave them alone. I had one guy on here tell me honestly why he did not find me attractive and I respected him and told him thanks for the feedback. He was honest. I feel that any human being is owed an honest opinion. I would give it to them too. There are respectful honest men out there.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 436 (view)

is there faithful or decent men out there
Posted: 2/12/2013 11:10:28 PM
Deep down inside you are a really good person that is extremely hurt. I know your pain my ex cheated on me and threw me out of my house. He was very abusive before the cheating and it got worse closer to the time he cheated on me. What I learned over the years that I have been single is that I am very much a codependent people pleaser. Being codependent is tough on a relationship. Now I am not saying that's you cause it might have been him and he may have had some resentments and could not talk to you about it. However, he hurt you by cheating on you and not being honest about what really was going on. If you want to know about codependency you can get a book called codependent no more or you can find out about coda meetings they have online resources and also were you can attend coda meetings. Now I am not saying my way is right it is just my own personal experience. And I found coda helped me set boundaries to not let this happen again. Just remember you are a good person.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 1 (view)

Rejection
Posted: 2/12/2013 10:35:52 PM
I joined this web space to meet new people (men in particular). Today I got told to stop writing a man that he was suddenly not interested in me. I asked why he said he is not obligated. My intuition says move on however I am also hurt to because in my profile I say if you suddenly have no interest please be honest and tell me why. I feel that person is obligated to tell me and it was very mean of him to say what he said. Anyway I am just asking why can't guys reject but be honest about it. Tell me why so I don't make the same mistake with others. I am not into a relationship or anything just friendships or I should say friends with benefits if I like a man. But be honest say what's on your mind is that to much to ask. This is so frustrating to me. Maybe it is not about me at all but the not knowing really angers me. Please give some advice with this.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 24 (view)

How do I handle being stood up
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:45:27 AM
No I had one man say I looked like a man and another stood me up two different men
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 16 (view)

Some advise on how to address my relationship issues with someone new
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:30:04 AM
I like that one and thanks for your support on my post it helped
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2013 12:14:19 AM
Good advice thanks just wish I had not turned away another person because he introduced himself in a similar way. Oh well
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2013 12:09:34 AM
I did that I am saying how do I not feel so rejected about and how do I best move on.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2013 12:01:50 AM
Hi today I was stood up by a person on t,his site. I am new to this site and new to dating. I am not interested in a relationship but I must say being stood up really hurt. I felt like I had been played a fool. I am a smart woman but so far I have had one person out right say he thought I was a man, and now this. I was very upset about it. I realize that not everybody is like this but I am now not trusting of others and as a matter of fact just told another person who was saying some things similar that I had a feeling that even though I want to meet him he would hurt me. He was angry and said how dare I say that to him. I just don't handle rejection like this very well and when that happens I say rash things. HELP please I need to know how to be more resilient when this happens so I don't react and chase others off.

Show ALL Forums