Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Beauty Secrets for those over the age of 50
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 102 (view)

Beauty Secrets for those over the age of 50
Posted: 12/28/2010 10:43:07 PM
Angel, thanks so much for sharing. I have bought and used them before and, found them luxurious. Thinking I might have a bath bomb making party with the gal pals and wine.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2010 8:21:54 PM
I use less cosmetics and a lot more smiles, which are natural and easy to come by.
And Ping, you are not the least bit ugly, in fact, you are easy on the eyes.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 22 (view)

5 years, 1 meet. Time for a profile review?
Posted: 12/17/2010 1:13:15 AM
Your profile says you are not interested in any type of relationship or commitment.
What are you complaining about? I wondering why you even had one meet.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 212 (view)

wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?
Posted: 12/6/2010 11:34:15 PM
The age reduction thing that goes on around here has been the most stunning event I have encountered. I was out of the game for 30 years so, just when did men start altering their age?
The first thing that comes to mind when I entertain the thought is "how would I explain my children?". I would rather someone think I was too old for them, before pretending I gave birth to my children when I was age 12 and 14.
Some people can get over it, some just lose respect and move on.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 20 (view)

anyone ever taken so long to get over someone?
Posted: 12/6/2010 11:14:20 PM
OP, take note of all the people who have suffered your pain and lived to tell the tale. This is the most honest thread I have read on POF. I am surprised that even some of the hard core "get over it" fish have let their own heart bleed a little here. Just goes to prove how common it is and that what your experiencing is not a figment of your imagination.
I like the puppy suggestion. Get one that will grow big and strong, so you can take it out on your runs. The ex BF will always hold a little flame in your heart but someone is going to come along and light a torch.
One day, you too, will be telling the tale. I have my own BTW.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 6 (view)

What does it mean?
Posted: 12/6/2010 10:41:07 PM
Rejection. According to a recent UCLA Psychology Dept study, it is one of our most painful human experiences. Really sucks.
Perhaps one sure cure is, stop looking back and start looking forward, for the one who is looking for you. And it ain't her baby.
Of course it is not as easy as it sounds but the alternative is, growing old, expecting that zebra to change her colors.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 177 (view)

Anger in a relationship, or in life in general...
Posted: 12/6/2010 10:18:04 PM
Usually anger comes from fear, particularly when safety is threatened.

Call me an idiot too, as I totally agree with WIB.
Understanding that concept helps, tremendously, in confrontational situations.

I haven't gotten truly angry in a long time. Could be that I haven't been frightened in a long time. Or it might be that, over the years, I have learned anger and bitterness suck the life out of me and try to avoid them like the plaque. I put that beast to bed. However, if I sense that I, or any of those close to me, is in physical danger, it is hackles up and claws out. Primal response!
So many wonderful things come with age, like realizing you don't have to partake in someone's irrational anger, bitterness, pity party or negativity. The way I deal with folks like these is Not For Long
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 7 (view)

Was this person just having a bad day?
Posted: 11/20/2010 4:59:05 PM
OP, sounds like you have not had much experience with people who mix drugs and alcohol. That is exactly how they ramble on.
I am sure you are a kind and gentle soul to have listened for so long. You should stop wondering about it and think of it as either a new experience or, off kilter entertainment.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 12 (view)

Can I come here for fashion tips (holiday party)?
Posted: 11/20/2010 4:45:09 PM
I agree with Tee, except you might benefit from a glass of wine or 2 before you go. By your tone, it sounds like you are dreading it like the plaque.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 5 (view)

Texting & Mixed Signals after Break-Up
Posted: 11/20/2010 3:13:59 PM
OP anyone who is being stalked, via any type of technology, can put a quick end to it by simply blocking them. Your ex gf must enjoy all the attention. 30 texts a day, please tell me this must have crossed your mind.
When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2010 7:50:21 PM
I have found a smile, is most effecitve beauty treatment.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 293 (view)

ED over 45
Posted: 7/14/2010 11:24:29 PM
I am by far not an expert on ED medications but in my limited experience they seem to bring the man's sexual abilities somewhere close to what he had before being afflicted with ED. There does not seem to be a grander experience and there should not be a prolonged erection post ejaculation.
There are many men facing ED issues and they can be emotionally devastating. I believe the best approach is to form relationships with mature, emotionally healthy people and have a discussion with your partner as soon as the relationship starts to lean becoming sexual. Weed out early on, anyone who finds the ED situation a deal breaker. You will not miss them.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 42 (view)

Do you ever take a perverse delight in your own disgustingness to younger generations?
Posted: 6/1/2010 10:28:56 PM
All my life I have been in awe and amused by the way "older women" had earned the right to blatantly say what was on their minds. Now that I have a grip of grandbabies crawling all over me I have decided I am now in that category. I tell you it is a liberating experience. What do my children and young co-workers like about it? They get the same kick out of it that I did, they find it funny.
I will have to google the tea bagging it thing as I have no clue what it means.
My roots are from the deep south, New Orleans to be exact. I just spent 2 weeks there and was offered "sweet tea" several times but, I am no so Californiaized I could not bring myself to accept. Damn, I wish I had.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 52 (view)

Loneliest Single Seniors To Come.
Posted: 5/17/2010 11:49:29 PM
This is my plan. I do see my self in an old folks home, but it will be more like a commune, somewhere in Northern California. The men will wear jeans and tie died T Shirts the women, gauze peasant tops. I of course will be the nurse, passing out "herbal medications and brownies". Hanging with my Homeys and flirting with old sailors.
We will be self supporting, and stay active by growing organic crops.
I, being open hearted woman, will even serve raw brownie batter to my stickly raw food eaters.
I encounter fantastic folks in their 80's and 90's all the time. My own father is 88 and children flock around him to hear his stories.

My beloved only brother died unexpectedly last Friday. Life is precious and fragile and made to be lived....Love , live, and live to love. Loneliness will not stand a chance.

P.S. for those of you who may read this and think I am some left wing nut liberal, you are dead on wrong. My American Heritage goes back to before the Revolutionary War. No I am not a left winger nor a right winger, I stand firmly on the right to be an ALL American Humdinger.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 44 (view)

Lonliest Single Seniors To Come.
Posted: 5/12/2010 4:40:18 PM
I am not sure why the OP thinks we will be the loneliest seniors. Thinking back over the generations my grandmother's all out lived their husbands by at least a decade and none of them remarried or died lonely.
I have no intrest in coaching a man to take care of himself, go to the doctor, take his pills etc.....unless I am being paid by the hour. Men and women who are naturally inclined to not take care of themselves, are free to die a, natural, early, death.
Our generation has the Internet. We can be sitting in our rocking chairs Skyping away with our friends in foreign lands. Lonely is as lonely does.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 6 (view)

When is it appropriate to compliment a woman?
Posted: 5/5/2010 11:18:28 PM
Charm School lesson #1, compliments and gifts should always be received graciously, followed by a gratuitous phrase, such as, Thank you, What a nice thing to say, How kind of you........many ways of saying thank you. I personally like to know if a man is attracted to me. Sorts out the friends to possibly more, list.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 136 (view)

What are the reasons to remarry after the age of 45?
Posted: 5/1/2010 2:45:46 AM
I was married for 30 years and although it was not really a bad marriage, I can think of an endless list of reasons not to get married again.....But I am almost certain that, if I fall deeply in love, I will forget them. Love is a potent amnesiac.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 35 (view)

First time parent at 45+
Posted: 4/20/2010 10:11:06 PM
Until the advent of reliable birth control methods , women all over the world had babies well in to their 40's and more times than not, the father was older than the mother.
"69 year old horndog" the name calling seems a bit mean natured to me and what is wrong with a man making love with his significant other at any age.
If a man and woman desire children and can provide a loving and nurturing home for them, what does age really matter. There is a lot of talk about how old the father will be when the kid is 20 and how he will look like the grandfather but I read nothing that suggested, having a great father for 20 years is far better than having a bad one for 50.
Live and let live. It is a personal choice.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 71 (view)

Cali to vote on legalizing and taxing marijuana in November
Posted: 4/16/2010 10:13:35 PM
Have any of you researched why marijuana became illegal to begin with? I think you would find it very intresting. It had nothing to do with addiction, dependence or any other health issues. I have always felt alcohol consumption posed a greater risk to health. I will not be smoking it, but I will vote yes.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 39 (view)

Does online dating make you cynical?
Posted: 4/12/2010 8:59:03 PM
My intention was to respond to the OP's question but my train of thought was totally derailed by GoGetters love life.
Now my well thought out reply to the OP has been reduced to "Look kid, if folks twice your age are still having fun with it, I suggest you do the same".
I include myself in those folks twice your age btw.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 328 (view)

Health Care
Posted: 4/12/2010 8:34:43 PM
There is a quote that goes something to this effect "It is not evil men that I fear, it is when good men no longer stand against evil, that I am afraid". In my mind it is goes for men and women.
We need to find ways to make changes. My American heritage goes back over 200 year
s. My own family history has taught me that this country did not become the best in the world by just talking. It takes action.
I personally have chosen to take issue with any further forms of waste, that comes my way, in the hospital. I dare to ask the question, Why, to the people who make stupid decisions. And as soon as I can find my way to whom ever is making the decisions for the California Prison Healthcare System, I will persistently and loudly ask them why.
Perhaps if we could get back to the "United we Stand..." we might be able to slow down the velocity of Our fall.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 136 (view)

Why does the guy always have to initiate the date and relationship? or at least most of the time?
Posted: 4/6/2010 9:32:06 PM
I have my profile hidden. You can only find me in the forums these days. That being said, I no problem contacting men that attract my attention. With the advent of Internet dating I think the social mores of conventional dating have become passe. This is an open market and not just for potential dating, there are some people who are just fun to converse with.
The one thing I have learned is to not take this too serious, until things become serious. It makes life so much lighter and enjoyable.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 65 (view)

Over 50 W/Youngins, I need Some Hand Holding
Posted: 4/3/2010 10:34:01 PM
This thread is almost 4 years old. The kid is now old enough to date herself. Why are we still giving this guy advice?
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 324 (view)

Health Care
Posted: 4/2/2010 8:25:12 PM
Golf,
We do not have to wait for the future healthcare." Women who are trapped in a Man's body" continue to get their daily dose of female hormones, while doing their time in the Male prison. And, if they were in the middle of their sex change process when sentenced, the state must finish the process. I know this sounds too outrageous to be true, yet it is.
I worked in an ER which serviced the community and the nearby Prisons. I had patients on ventilators in the ER for days because the entire ICU was occupied with prisoners, 90% dying from hepatitis and AIDS, derived from drug and alcohol abuse.
Just a little old fashioned common sense is what we need here.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 322 (view)

Health Care
Posted: 4/2/2010 6:31:28 PM
Their intention is usually not to injure themselves....and it only cost the state around 20,000 each time. Remember you have to pay round the clock for the 2 guards per each prisoner in the hospital and it is 2 car transport from the prison to the hospital. One non armed van, followed by an armed car.
I paid 1,600 for my daughter's root canal last week. She was laid off and now has no insurance. Dental care is free in the prison system.
20,000 would buy a lot of education, but making someone improve themselves is a civil rights violation.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 320 (view)

Health Care
Posted: 4/2/2010 5:34:33 PM
I am a Registered Nurse. I can not even begin to debate politics with you guys. But the things I see on a day to day basis would blow most of your minds. The incredible waste of healthcare resources, the stupidity and corruption would make your heads spin.
Do you know that the California Prison System only dispenses name brand drugs? No generics for criminals in California. I and everyone I know gets generics, as that is all our insurance will pay for. Do you have any idea how much money would be saved if they used generic drugs?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. I could go in to the number of surgeries we do for removal of foreign abjects, from rectums and penises (self inflicted) but that might throw some of you over the edge.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 155 (view)

Is red hot romance possible after 50?
Posted: 4/2/2010 5:00:37 PM
23 pages of YES. But since I am here I will throw in my Yes too. What a surprise it was to me, that at 52 and the grandmother of 4, I still have romantic and sensual desires abundantly.
OP you mentioned that the women you have been dating seem to lack sentiment and romantic personalities. Do you let then know you are attracked and desirous of them? This can be done without being crude or too forward. Most women wait for the man to make the first move. It is part of our old school training.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 273 (view)

ED over 45
Posted: 3/29/2010 1:52:20 PM
Cat, sounds like Deacon has just made you a grand proposition. I hope he is gentleman and does not make you sleep on the wet side of the bed. A cucumber never makes a woman do that. .... Old joke, I couldn't help myself.
Steroid free body building and work outs are great, however pro body builders have the greatest percentage of ED per population. They also grow breast. I do a little extra work for a plastic surgeon and we are removing man boobs all the time. I was so naive my son had to tell me what was causing the affliction.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 26 (view)

Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/28/2010 5:00:14 PM
I with Tall Tales, in that the telling of the stories is so much more fun than writing them. This is a great thread BTW. Much more intresting than fat
vs thin, wrinkles vs smooth, who is the fittest of them all blah blah blah. What I love about this age is that we have already lived most of our life and hopefully have gained enough wisdom to know, how to really live, the rest of it. Jumping through windows of opportunity and rarely denying myself the pleasure of getting to know someone, have kept my life full. Very very interesting as well.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 264 (view)

Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:10:53 PM
I have been reading this thread for a couple of days and am glad to see it is taking a softer side. Good golly all the blame throwing and gender bashing. Even the seals were not safe. It had never occurred to me that a man would blame me for his ED nor would I totally eliminate anyone from the pool, based solely on an ED issue. The term "there is more than one way to skin a cat comes to mind". ( No reference to you Cats Meow)
Just feel compelled to say to the earlier poster who stated "Women just have to spread their legs..... I think most of us are far more proactive than that. Hmmmm, maybe that is why I have never been accused.....just keeping it light folks.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 11 (view)

Now that I'm older...it finally makes sense.
Posted: 3/28/2010 3:44:21 PM
Thanks for explaining that Hibiscus. Many people do not understand that there is a biological reason for those who needed glasses when young, not needing them later in life. And those of us who could read in the dark and had better than 20/20 vision, now need glasses to read almost anything. Thank God for progressive lenses.
What I could not understand as a child was hearing people say "I am so tired". It really baffled me.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 91 (view)

What are the reasons to remarry after the age of 45?
Posted: 3/25/2010 11:08:17 PM
I was married to the same man for 30 years, and dated him for 3 years before that. I do not feel compelled to do it again. However, falling deeply in love sounds absolutely wonderful to me. There is a chance I would marry again but it is far from my focus at this time.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 15 (view)

Stress Management for middle age
Posted: 3/25/2010 10:01:12 PM
A hot bath in a garden bath...... delicious!!!!! Now that is going on my must have list.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 12 (view)

Stress Management for middle age
Posted: 3/24/2010 8:43:16 PM
As I have gotten older I have developed the wonderful skill of choosing not to give nebulous unpleasantness much thought and conversely, giving simple pleasures all that unused energy. We really do have control of about 90% of what happens to us by the way react to it. Of course there are some issues that cannot be ignored and do inflict great stress and pain. That is just life.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 13 (view)

420 an issue in relationships?
Posted: 3/21/2010 6:55:59 PM
Legalize and tax it. It could be the new California gold, and this state needs the money more than any other.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 11 (view)

Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 3/21/2010 1:09:19 PM
I have never given it much credit or thought for that matter. From time to time I have read a few people's palms. I tell them wonderful and uplifting things which always brings a smile to their face and for a little while, it makes them happy. Really, what does qualify one as a palm reader anyway. I never claim to be an authentic psychic or charge money. There are times when people just need to hear something positive.
Although I am a heavy believer in researched based evidence, there are times when kindness trumps science, in the big scheme of life.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 259 (view)

Health care
Posted: 3/19/2010 12:12:14 AM
The AMA pleaded to for litigation reform but of course were denied. Why, because the country is run by lawyers.
Oh if people had any clue as to what is really going on, no one would sleep at night. With that said I will go to sleep as I have 12.5 hours to nurse the sick tomorrow.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 256 (view)

Federal health care
Posted: 3/18/2010 10:54:12 PM
I am not in the know enough to enter into the political discussions that have been abundant in this thread. I am however very much in the know about what goes on daily in a large California Hospital, as I have been working as an RN in one for 20 years.
There is so much I could say but I choose to just mention one outrageous burden on the California health care system. Every person who is incarcerated in California has full medical benefits. This is big money for the hospitals. Most of these prisoners have life style acquired chronic diseases and then of course there is the never ending life threatening wounds from prison violence.
When they bring a prisoner to the hospital each one has 2 correctional officers with them at all times. The ERs are full of prisoners and sometimes the ICUs will have a prisoner in every bed. All are given full life support until every form of medical treatment has failed and they die. It is not unusual for one of these patients to be in the ICU for more than 3 months. Now remember, during that time, each one has 2 officers sitting outside or inside their room 24/7 and at least half of that time the officers are being paid over time. They do absolutely nothing but sit unless a healthcare provider is in the patients room, then they get up and stand by the patient. Keep in mind these patients are usually on a ventilator, heavily sedated or in a coma.

There is also a whole floor dedicated for guarded care. When the hospital beds are full the regular folks sometimes spend days in the ER on a gurney. I have seen as many as 6 people on ventilators in the ER because the ICU is full of prisoners. I am only painting half the picture.

For the guy who said "tell me one person who has died from being denied healthcare in the US" I could name many but will just tell you about the one I will never forget. She was 2 years old and sick with a respiratory illness. Her mother took her to the emergency departments at 3 different hospitals. The child should have been admitted but there were no beds available. Had she been admitted and given IV antibiotics and hydration, I would not have had to wrap her in a warm blanket and given her lifeless body to her mother to rock for awhile, before we took her to the morgue. YES people do die in America from lack of healthcare and in case you didn't know it California is the number one state for healthcare shortages. Unless of course, if you happen to be in prison.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 69 (view)

Does anyone else have trouble relating to people their own age?
Posted: 3/16/2010 10:16:17 PM
I relate well with people of all ages. They all have their own special wisdom. I prefer to date men my age or older. I have age blocks in my profile that exclude much younger men.
I am not the least bit stuck in a rut. And the truth be known the most passionate, exciting and fun men I have dated were in their early 60's. They had vast wisdom and experience. Both possessed an extremely youthful approaches to life.
Grandma's and Grandpa's just ain't what they used to be.
To the OP. live and let live, if it works for you, go for it.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 37 (view)

Facial Piercings over 50
Posted: 3/7/2010 11:24:22 AM
I am a Labor and Delivery nurse. More than half my patients are covered with tattoos and piercings, of every type. These woman are all mothers. The mother mentioned by the OP is just a woman ahead of her time.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 9 (view)

UN EFFING BELIEVABLE, now you can't even state if you prefer a certain religion.............
Posted: 3/6/2010 1:50:14 AM
I would word the add something like "84 year old woman, (state religion) non smoker, no alcohol , health conscious eater, leading a quiet lifestyle, seeks a like minded roommate. It is still a free country founded my folks seeking religious freedom. Personally I would make a rebel stand, if any one came after me for because of my spiritual choice.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 1230 (view)

Haiku Connection CONTINUED - Post here !
Posted: 3/3/2010 10:41:31 PM
rather laugh than cry
oh, laughing until crying
all the mo betta
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 459 (view)

Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?
Posted: 3/3/2010 10:11:53 PM
When ever I am asked, by a man I am attracted to, if they can kiss me. I reply yes, but you must do it like you mean it. Seems those words must have an effect because, I am having a hard time thinking of a man who was a bad kisser.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 1227 (view)

Posted: 3/3/2010 9:59:49 PM
The power of Skunks
ability to arrest
the negative prose
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 92 (view)

Smooth Face or Slim Body?
Posted: 3/3/2010 9:51:40 PM
All that debate about MM, her weight, height , measurements, and beauty.
Most all would agree that the woman was beautiful. What is so overwhelming sad is that she died alone and, by the words of those closest to her, extremely depressed and broken hearted. Her beautiful body and flawless face not only did not find her true love. it may have even set the stage for never finding real love.
Being attracted to someone is one thing, the ability to truly love is another.
I want a confident man, trust worthy, honest , strong in convection, intelligent, passionate and has the ability to fall in love. A man that would be able to stand by me and comfort if I am one of the 1 in 8 that gets breast cancer and loses my breast and my health, I will take him in what ever package. I in my career I have seen packages, despite all the healthy living in the world, irreparably damaged in a matter of seconds.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 1225 (view)

Posted: 3/3/2010 8:42:11 PM
Such a rich reward
when we stand strong for the truth
overwhelming strength
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 1221 (view)

Posted: 3/3/2010 8:15:19 PM
Must reverse the curse
no belief in it's power
the curse is now void
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 44 (view)

Accumulation versus simplifying HOW ABOUT LETTING GO!!
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:34:34 PM
Ailinn, I was so happy to see your last post. I am hoping that you will be able to feel empowered, as you see the joy, your unneeded possessions brings to others. I have always been a big believer in by doing for others we release our own troubles and anxieties.
Our life experiences change us. I found that after my divorce the less possessions I had the freer I felt. I guess the relief of being free from my needy husband felt so good that I just keep moving in that direction. My current practice is zero tolerance for anything material that takes away from the simple pleasures of life. I only desire what I need and things that give me great pleasure. So I have money for to buy quality items and the time to enjoy them. The less I have to clean and maintain the happier I am.
Peace be with you Ailinn.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 35 (view)

How do you deal with anachronisms
Posted: 3/2/2010 7:27:15 PM
anachronism..... to be misplaced in time,
After giving time to ponder this question I decided my answer is No. I spent 52 years getting to this place in time and I plan on having a good time, during this time.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 7 (view)

friends with bennies: pariah or paragon?
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:27:45 PM
Sounds like a set up for heartache. Nothing authentic about it. Not really friends not really lovers. I have had romances that turned in to friendships but there is this underlying tension. I think I will stick with what I know best, I do not @@@@ my friends.

Show ALL Forums