Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Crying
 sapphirepoet
Msg: 81 (view)

Crying
Posted: 4/29/2015 5:03:28 PM
Hearton64.

Wow, as I went to the link I just knew it would be true and it was spot on.
I believe you are an empath as am I.
Your post described me to a T. Wow!

I even cry when I am angry which can be very embarrasing in certain situations.

Oh and I cry when I have an incredible orgasm...takes a confident man to handle that!

Sapphire
 sapphirepoet
Msg: 136 (view)

gaslighting, has anyone ever experienced this?
Posted: 10/27/2012 10:50:51 AM
Been there, done that. Got the gray hairs to prove it.
No really in all seriousness, one of the hardest relationships to walk away from but I did it.
It truly crushes the spirit and soul and makes us think we are the crazy ones.
Really watch out for the ones raised by a narcisstic mother, they are just comepletely f'ucked up mentally.

Narcissists are extrmely charming and loving when they want to be, then they turn cruel and conniving at the drop of a hat. I used to refer to him as Jekyl and Hyde.

Yes the research I have found says that a higher percentage are men than women. It is what it is.

Unfortunately there is a lot of "propaganda:" that likes to blame the victim and label us all "co-dependant" I don't buy that, I was just too trusting and like to believe the best about people.

Not anymore, you have to SHOW ME now.
 sapphirepoet
Msg: 40 (view)

Hot Flashes
Posted: 10/27/2012 9:26:21 AM
OMG! Hot Flashes...like going into fires of hell from the inside out!
So embarassing when I am at work and one comes over me... my boss keeps telling me to turn down the AC because I like to keep it like a meat locker sometimes.
The nights are the worst, can't sleep because I am too hot then cool off rapidly when the flash goes away so yes the fan is great but it has to be turned off or the covers piled on.

OP you are a very kind and understanding man to want to help her, kudos to you, she is a lucky gal.

I think the best thing to do is first acknowledge what is happening is a "hot flash" and then ask her if she needs anything or is there anything you can do to help. Most of the times there is not but it's so levely to be asked and not made fun of or belittled because of a bodily function we cannot control.

I got the mood swings bad in the beginning but now they are much less frequent and yes exercise helps tremendously. So does keeping hydrated and watching sugar intake.

If you notice her being a bit irritable or short tempered what helped me was for my BF to be especially loving and rub my back or neck and not take it too seriously. It has nothing to do with you or her being pissed off, it's like a runaway train and sometimes the brakes are right there...sometimes not.

Usually I will snap out of it pretty quick if I am called on it in a loving way and asked if I am feeling okay?

I will look into the Black Kohosh as I have heard of it's wonders before.

:~)
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 40 (view)

Empty Nester - Nakedness and other perks!
Posted: 8/25/2012 12:19:21 PM
Cooking naked can be very dangerous.
Did it once; I was making biscuits and gravy for a shared breakfast with my man and accidently leaned into the (hot from the oven) cookie sheet and burned my tummy pretty bad. Owww!

Empty Nest Perks:
I love no longer having to stifle my screams/squeals of delight when making love!

:~()
 sapphirepoet
Msg: 85 (view)

I love you but I'm not in love with you...........
Posted: 8/18/2012 2:14:14 PM
I have recently heard this from someone.
They said " I love you dearly, why isn't that enough? Being In love is fleeting at best and never lasts, why can't we just love each other?"

At the time I took it that he meant " your okay for right now but not forever"

But I have been thinking about it and maybe he has a point, being "in love" is not all it's cracked up to be and hasn't made my relationships last so......
 sapphirepoet
Msg: 28 (view)

Why do women?
Posted: 1/3/2009 9:21:24 AM
I live a block from the beach and visit it often.
The funny thing is when I invite a man to watch the sunset or take a walk on the beach at night they usually get ideas in their head of "Beach Sex" and they are gonna get lucky.
I even had one guy tell me that I was not "romantic" because I wouldn't have sex with him on the beach and this was the First Date.

If you live far from the beach...
Just keep on dreaming, you never know when Richard Gere will turn up wih his leer jet!

SapphirePoet
Msg: 6 (view)

Ladies Night 7:00 PM, at NEW YORK NY Clearwater Oct.15
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:15:48 PM
My Birthday is the 14th and I am turning 49. Ahhhh!
So I will need lots of drinks.....

SapphirePoet
Msg: 184 (view)

A potential partner with Alcohol issues.. is it worth the pain
Posted: 9/29/2008 12:08:34 PM
My father and ex-husband were both alcoholics.
It literally killed my father at 49. He died in my arms from a heart attack (from smoking and drinking heavily all his short life) when I was a mere 19 year old girl. Words cannot describe it.

My ex is sober and has not drank in 9 years. It can be done.
It took his own near death experience after we divorced to make him stop.

My Dad was the happy drunk and handed out cash.
My ex was the mean drunk and was verbally abusive.

Was it worth the pain?
For my Dad, YES!
For my ex, Never!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 337 (view)

Why do men do the diappearing act?
Posted: 9/22/2008 4:10:25 AM
I have had it happen to me as well.

Simply put they are cowards not men.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 26 (view)

He wants to text only, avoids phone calls.
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:54:10 AM
Oh My, How does skin cancer keep you from talking on the phone?
And meet in 3 months?
Ha! That's a good one, yet he wants you to delete your profile from POF?

Good for you for deleting him.

NEXT!

Unfortunately there are a lot of game players and bullshitters on here and we have to weed through them to get to the sincere ones.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 45 (view)

What ever happened to courtship?
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:47:58 PM
Yes I am afraid it is nearly dead.

The men of today have lost the art of pursuit, seduction and courtship.

There are a few left who were raised properly and don't feel the need to ask a woman they have never met if she prefers anal sex, but I digress.....
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 135 (view)

Cowboy hats
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:55:22 PM
Literally fell in love with a tall handsome black man in a cowboy hat, well actually he had the whole outfit on. The black Leather vest and boots and tight black jeans and crisp white shirt...hell I almost swooned when I saw him for the first time.
We met at a party and the rest was history in the making!

I love a tall sexy stranger in a cowboy hat.......what can I say?
It's HOT!

And Brad Pitt in "Thelma and Louise", well he was just edible from head to toe....right Ladies?

SapphirePoet
Msg: 3 (view)

A disposable diaper made in heaven!
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:17:19 PM
Don't believe in luck.
To me is was a MIRACLE plain and simple.
Thank you God!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 19 (view)

People w/ Grown Children: Would you ever marry again?
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:55:05 AM
Yes I would get married again.

If he had one foot in the grave and a few million in the bank. Oh and he didnt want a prenup!

Then and only then would I do it.

SapphirePoet
Msg: 19 (view)

Why is it a bad thing that I have no children, and I know I'm not ready for them?
Posted: 8/26/2008 4:08:56 PM
I have a tremendous amount of respect for People who know they are not ready for or do not want children.
I have told many couples who are under the gun to reproduce yet still choose not to do it how very smart they are and how much I respect their choice.
Even though I am a parent and love my girls more than anything amd can not conceive not being a Mom, that does not mean it is right for all.
It is a huge sacrifice and a lot of hard work to say the least and some just don't have what it takes.

Way too many do it without really thinking it through.
Unfortunately this in turn leads to child abuse and sometimes even death of innocent defenseless children.

I think you are one very smart cookie, and fuk what the idiots think or say anyway.

Sapphire
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 12 (view)

Can a woman be trusted in a relationship?
Posted: 8/20/2008 12:04:32 PM
Can't you guys just grow up?

This did not even happen in North America.

If we all wanted to, we could easily find some stats somewhere online to bash the opposite sex, the question is, what good does it really do?

To the OP, are you that clueless that you can not judge someone's character and that instead you would take this stupid survey's word for whether women can be trusted?
If so, do the woman a favor and dump her.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 26 (view)

loves walks on the beach
Posted: 8/20/2008 10:35:49 AM
Well personally I do not know why this is "funny" or "cliche" or whatever else you might think it is.
Why does it bother you so much what other people put in there profile?
And yes I live a block from the beach and they do get crowded during spring break and at sunset there are quite a few people out there walking, myself being one of them.

And yes I used to live in the Midwest, but still loved to walk the beach, even though I had very little opportunity to do it.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 22 (view)

What's up with all the misogyny and misandry here?
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:40:41 AM
Yes I have seen some venom spewing peeps in the forums and I have to wonder why?

I have come to the conclusion that they really are not interested in finding someone, I think they just like to start sheeit and watch the mayhem unfold.

Trolls! plain and simple.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 15 (view)

when promises are not enough...
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:42:37 AM
Oh Hun I am so sorry you are in this situation.
I had a verbally abusive husband (he was a master manipulator) and he was very covert and sneaky with his abuse which made it even more difficult and confusing.
I know how hard it is when children are involved as well. You have to think of them and how this affects them too.
You have to be strong.
There is nothing left to say. It is not going to change or get better, it's just not.
Tell him point blank to leave and if he won't then you start making plans to leave.
There are shelters that will take you in if you have nowhere to go.
He is a bully and the next step will probably be physical abuse so please be very careful and if you have to leave then do it while he is gone so not to have a confrontation in front of the kids.
The most important thing is to get away.
Whatever it takes!
Take care and God Bless you and the kids.
Deb
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 378 (view)

Are there ANY women who don't CHEAT?
Posted: 8/6/2008 3:47:59 PM
Goodone4ya that was very profound.
Yes it is sad. Neither of my 2 grown daughters has a decent relationship with their fathers and that was by their fathers choosing. It affects how they view men you bet it does.
I don't know if my oldest will ever be able to truly trust a man.
I believe the younger generation in general (men and women) definately have a proliferation to cheating. I have seen it in action quite a few times.
Of course I taught my girls not to cheat and they don't, unfortunately my oldest fell in love with quite the cheater and she caught him.
It has become expected and the norm.

Now back to the OP
I have been engaged three times and married twice and I have never been cheated on nor have I cheated.
You have been engaged 5 times and cheated on five times?
Whats the common denominator here?
Yeah you guessed it, YOU!

Something is very wrong with this picture.
What kind of loser women are you picking?
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 39 (view)

He dissapeared again... :(
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:20:00 AM
You are a smart and beautiful girl.
You do not have to settle for somebody that disregards your feelings so easily.

I was married at 21 so he is not too young to be married or attached.
Even if he isn't, he is rude and inconsiderate.
I don't care what the emergency is, there is NO EXCUSE for not calling or at the very least some kind of email if he is too much of a wimp to call.

Next!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 128 (view)

Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:35:22 PM
Oh My, I almost peed my pants on that one Loz....
One eyed trouser snake!
I haven't heard that in years.
I knew this would turn into something funny.
Thanks
Deb
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 242 (view)

Do men really know what Women Want???????
Posted: 8/4/2008 6:20:11 AM
Okay so I guess that wasn't good enough?

When I say we want to be loved for ourselves and not what we can do for you, I certainly did not mean love me and leave me alone and I won't do anything for you and you won't do anything for me. How did you get that?
No, what it means is love me for me, not who YOU want me to be, not for what I can do for YOU.
If you do that then I will want to love and nurture and be there for you and do all those wonderful things you want.
However I will not be doing them out of obligation, I will be doing it because I love you and want to make you smile.

Kind of like men who like to buy a woman dinner but don't like it if a woman expects him to.

All woman are different and want different things.

Nobody likes to be told what we want or how we feel, or worse yet that we are so clueless that we don't have any idea what we want!

When you guys say that it feels like women bashing to me.

I know exactly what I want and am very specific in my profile.

And vulf is right, definately Chocolate!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 199 (view)

Do men really know what Women Want???????
Posted: 8/3/2008 6:17:13 AM
Well this turned out to be quite the women bashing thread didn't it now.

Women just want to be loved for who we are and not what we can do for you!

See how easy that was.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 6 (view)

Making love to the mind.
Posted: 7/31/2008 3:52:49 PM
Op let me ask you a question?

Are you in love with these women?
If not, and they surely know this, well then there is no "Love Making" of any kind going on is there?
 SapphirePoet

Making love to the mind.
Posted: 7/31/2008 3:34:51 PM
Oh My....finally a man that gets it!
As you can see if you read my profile it is what I crave.

Many women are not going to get where you are coming from.

It can lead to a level of intimacy that many have never achieved so they have no idea how to react or respond.

Too bad you are so far away!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 7 (view)

Something to cheer up all those broken hearts...
Posted: 7/31/2008 6:03:16 AM
Darling you make me so very happy!
Too bad I went and slept with your Pappy!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 11 (view)

How to approach a professional
Posted: 7/28/2008 1:13:54 PM
Duh , she already said she was going to wait for the treatments to end before she makes her move.....Head shrink? Try PHYSIOTHERAPIST as in Physical Therapy.
Don't you people read? She knows all about the therapist/patient thing.

I say give him your card (write in your cell #) or a note with your number on it at the end of your last session.
"I would love to get to know you outside the office" is all you have to say.
If it gets ackward no worries, you don't have to see him again.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 178 (view)

People who just write how are you
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:51:25 AM
Hun I thought I explained that already and I really wish you wouldn't chop up my postings the way you do. It is very disarming. Maybe that is the intent.
Wrong?
I never used the word wrong!
Not appealing to me? Yes, that is what I said. Someone agreed with me and you ran with it.
We are not even referring to you. You are obviously a very intelligent man and can hold your own easily. We are talking about the men that can barely communicate through words.
Again you are already excluded from them due to your intellect and intelligence.

So why the fuss?
Why is this one little topic that has been done to death got you so froggy and argumentative?

We are just stating what WE feel WE need. It's really not that hard to understand.
It's quite simple.......we want mental stimulation!
You got it in spades by the way Hun!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 177 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2008 7:10:02 AM
TY curls, I have heard as much from many other women how important this aspect is to them as well.

The man that can stimulate my mind, that can make me think deep thoughts, one who makes me laugh and cry, makes me want to know more...well let's just say there will be a whole lot a lovin goin on!

Do we expect this in the first message? Hardly!
But you need to come at us like you mean it and set yourself apart from all the other bozos who can't put a short thought or feeling together.

Life is way too short to spend it pussifooting around......

Talk to me!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 176 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2008 6:42:41 AM
Niik
Evidently you did not read my profile. I am not talking about communicating professionally.
This is how "I feel" and not anyone else, why does that bother you so much?
And yes I do make the first move many times, I am a very gregarious type person.
We are all very different than one another.
Your point of view is no more valid than mine.

TC
Deb
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 175 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2008 5:25:55 AM
If a man initially approaches me with just a "hi, how are you" than I know he could not possibly have read my profile.
It has happened a few times.
A few times it was "Hello beautiful, how are you" and that was a little bit better....they obviously liked my pics.

However the result was the same, and that was a man that is not on the same level intellectually and is also not a very high communicator which is simply a must for me.

I have tried going out with these "nice guys" that don't stimulate my mind but it never works out in the end.
Oh some of them can definately stimulate the body but it stops there and as I have matured and gotten wiser that is not the only goal any longer.

And guys remember that for a woman and I expect many men....... Sex is 90% in your mind anyway, why not start stimulating that first?

Someone said...."what do you want, Poetry?" Why Not?
I would be thrilled to receive it even if HE was not the author and it was just a lovely poem that he liked.

If you want a response than you need to get our attention.
Tell us what you are really passionate about beside your job and kids?

Some things are good kept short and sweet, but not too short and not too sweet!

Deb
 SapphirePoet

Randy Pausch, Last Lecture, His Inspiration, His Pasing
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:49:40 AM
Brings tears to my eyes.....

He was amazing and if people applied to their own lives just 10% of what he says it would be incredibly good!

Rest In Peace and God Bless you Randy!
 SapphirePoet

The Fragile Nature of Dating Interest
Posted: 7/24/2008 10:07:15 AM
He keeps changing or breaking the date/first meet.
He asks for sexy pics.
He doesn't want to get to know me even a little bit, he just pushes for the first meet right away.
He doesn't call when he says he will. (huge pet peeve of mine)
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 268 (view)

Men who arrive for the 1st date with a rose.....do women like it?
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:45:47 PM
Red is for True Love
White is for Eternal Love
Yellow is for friendship Love
I forgot what pink is for??? I will have to look it up now....

My ex used to get me White Roses.
It was lovely.....
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 255 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2008 6:05:01 AM
Ha, Montreal Guy loved that rose under the jacket thing, very nice.
And that is hilarious that your ex was lethal to roses. Isn't it funny how looking back we see the things that were red flags at the time but we chose to ignore them?

Well the limousine broke down on the way to my wedding ceremony, so I guess I should have beat feet in the opposite direction as well.

You live and you learn.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 8 (view)

Trust issues
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:47:53 AM
You know I have to agree with KYN on this.

I don't have trust issues but I learned a long time ago to listen to my gut.
If it tells me you are lying, then yes I would have made that
call too.
I think any smart person who knows you better listen to your gut would have.

If he was talking love and rings and then just dropped you, hun I am sorry but you are better off.
If someone loves you they don't do that. If that is within his definition of love than he is mighty confused.
He got caught and then he relaized he was not going to be able to pull the wool over your eyes so he bailed like the wuss that he is.

I know it hurts now and my heart goes out to you.
Keep you head up and hang in there, I believe there is an honest man out there for you.

TC
Deb
 SapphirePoet

Jim Beam BBQ Sauce
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:43:55 AM
They just introduced this BBQ Sauce stateside already in the bottle.
I just bought it at Publix last week.
It's pretty good on chicken on the grill and I tried it on bonless Pork Chops too. Mmmm Mmmm, Good!
I don't think you could substitute much else for JB, except maybe Jack Daniels or Makers Mark those two are fairly close.
I tried the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce in the bottle a month ago on bonless chicken cooked on the grill and it was absolutely delicious.
Between the two....I would have to say they are pretty close but I prefer the Jack Daniels.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 5 (view)

The Art of Conversing
Posted: 7/14/2008 9:03:51 AM
I completely agree with "eazk" in his above statements.
There must be a happy balance with the conversation, quiet moments... maybe just eyes talking and outright fun flirting.
If that doesn't happen usually that is a pretty big indicator you and she/he are not connecting as a couple.

I am a woman of many thoughts and words and a very high communicator in general.
If a man can't keep up then there is a problem on a fundamental level and it is not going to work out except for on a casual friendship basis.
I can talk for hours and hours and have been known to talk with a man for the whole night long before whether in person on by phone.
If the conversation flows easily and there is no fear of judgement then incredible intimacy can be achieved.
That is what I crave...that True Intimacy.
Ah, I do miss it.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 238 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2008 6:50:02 PM
xinxspired: What if a single (flower) was delivered by restaurant staff with your meal?

That would be incredibly romantic.
Love it!
Nothing sexier than a creative mind I must say....
 SapphirePoet

Downtown St. Pete - Plenty of Fish Party at Ferg's Bar - July 17
Posted: 7/12/2008 5:20:58 PM
There is an outside seating area to get fresh air and it has these new state of the art misting fans and it instantly evaporates the water yet cools the air like 10 degrees or more to keep it cool while you sit outside.
It is a fairly large place but from the looks of it we have almost a hundred coming and if they bring others then it will be great turnout.
Looking forward to having some fun.
TC
Deb
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 233 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2008 5:13:02 PM
I absolutely love it when a man shows up with one red rose.
I love roses, ahhh the smell makes me melt.
It is such a warm and kind gesture and very romantic.

I even wrote a short story and the man shows up with one red rose and her favorite wine.

Best listen to what the women are saying about this guys not what the other asshats have to say....
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 5 (view)

Is she really flirting?
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:54:26 AM
Ah, no she is not flirting.
And haven't you ever heard the saying....

Don't Sh!t where you eat!
 SapphirePOet
Msg: 52 (view)

a sandwich short of a picnic - how to say no?
Posted: 7/6/2008 4:23:08 PM
OP I can totally relate.
I am a writer and a woman of many words, if you can't keep up then it isn't going to work on a serious basis. Friends of course but nothing more.
I just had to deal with this myself recently and no he hadn't even read my profile when he messaged me and I simply asked him if he had read my profile??? and alas I didn't think we would be a good match.
He responded with no he had not read it first and he understood and agreed.
TC
Deb
 SapphirePOet

Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater PARTEEE!!!!?
Posted: 7/5/2008 8:08:50 PM
Philthy Phils at sunset sounds perfect to me!
A Friday night maybe?
During the week sucks for me (and others) since I get up so early.
 SapphirePOet
Msg: 66 (view)

One Rule For Men and One Rule For Women
Posted: 7/5/2008 6:45:33 PM
Been There done that first date jump into bed thing thing quite a few times and I guess from what the men have said here it must have been good because I even married one 4 months later....it was the 70's though.......

Nowadays I am a little older and wiser and for me it boils down to this:
No Love equals No Sex.
It's just that simple.
I would rather masterbate and be celibate.

Sex with a literal stranger whom I am just attracted to and "Like" is like eating a hambuger when I am craving Filet Mignon.
Not quite the same. It serves a purpose without satisfying my need for intimacy, which I feel can only be achieved with someone I am in mutually in love with.
True intimacy transends sex to a higher plane of love and fulfillment that is yet to be discovered and extremely satisfying in a way only it can be.
Once you have achieved this level there is no going back.

As far as rules and waiting and double standards, unfortunately yes as you can see from the majority of posts from the men it still applies.

I just tend to look at it from a different view and as a personal choice of mine instead of a rule I must follow.
 SapphirePOet

Who every broke up over a dog biting their child??
Posted: 7/5/2008 8:41:00 AM
Hun you have every right to feel this way.
I love dogs and animals in general and I had a dog that bit because he was abused by a groomer and would bite but only when you messed with him first in a negative way, otherwise he was very loving and gentle. I had him for 13 years.
Having said all that, my kids would definately come first.
Now I think there may be ways to work this out. There are a couple of options here, both involve some money but are worth it in the long run if you really love this guy.
1. The dog needs to be trained and it can be done even with older dogs.
2. Keep the dog outside when the kids are in the house. Build him a lttle run and dog house and put him in it when the kids are around.
When the kids go to bed you let him in with the adults.
Compromise is the key word here.
If you truly love him and he loves you and otherwise from this issue you see long term than you owe it to yourself to try.
Take Care
Deb
 SapphirePOet
Msg: 199 (view)

You might be a redneck if..................
Posted: 7/4/2008 9:58:44 AM
You main profile pic on POF is standing next to the Hooter girls or a stripper.
 SapphirePOet
Msg: 16 (view)

Strangest Compliment
Posted: 7/2/2008 7:09:36 PM
I have a very keen sense of direction and rarely get lost so I have heard a few times...

"You're just like a bloodhound and could find your way back home from anywhere"
 SapphirePOet

What Do I Do... Honestly!!
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:25:05 PM
Call the police tonight!
I am sure you are embarrassed but this is serious business here.
Do not wait any longer.
I hope you saved the messages but even without them you should still be able to get a protective order/restraining order against him.
I am shocked your current boyfriend is just standing by and letting this happen.

I had to get a restraining order against my daughters boyfriend years ago.
He threatened to kill our whole family and the dog too and I found out he had a gun on top of it that's all I needed to hear.
The judge was a female and when we went to court she reemed him a new A-hole and he slinked out of court with his tail between his legs and we never heard from the little prick again.

Show ALL Forums