Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why can't I get a date or meet anyone?
 Suibhne
Msg: 45 (view)

Why can't I get a date or meet anyone?
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:58:12 PM
Consider going places and doing things that you think the males your looking for would be interested in. Show yourself friendly.
 Suibhne
Msg: 169 (view)

Why Men Don't Write Long First Msg's
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:55:37 PM
Pretty much correct. I look for similarities, short and to the point. I may inquire about something in someones profile, which I may or may not have an interest in the person. There are many reasons to keep communication short and simple. Question is, why do females respond in such short messages as well?
 Suibhne
Msg: 52 (view)

Is God a Good Dating Coach???
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:46:08 PM
First, your taking scriptures out of context and applying your interpetation.

God gives you guidlines, things to look for in a mate, showing honor and respect.

God isnt a genie.

When your will conforms to Gods will, what you ask for, will be received, because your wills are of the same purpose, not selfish.

Eternal Life I John 5:13 is a written guarantee from God to every believer in Jesus Christ that we can KNOW that we HAVE eternal life. Eternal is not a future possession, but a present possession. You can know right now that you are saved, forgiven, that you are a child of God, that your salvation cannot be lost, and you can know that you have eternal life right now. "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God, I John 5:11-13

Salvation is Eternal, how you live your life has nothing to do with ones salvation. Placing your trust (belief, not acknowledgement, because the devils believe, yet they dont trust) in Christs remission of your sins by His death, burial and ressurection is the only way one can be saved.

You come to Christ to be saved, how you live your life afterwards either glorifies God, or self. Being a disciple brings rewards in life, but does not affect your salvation, only your walk in Christ, and others.

John 6:37-39 Jesus stated that He would loose none that came to Him, so who is in charge of your salvation, you or God?
 Suibhne
Msg: 25 (view)

Finding The one!
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:40:53 PM
Superficiality goes far and is pretty common
 Suibhne
Msg: 51 (view)

Is God a Good Dating Coach???
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:39:08 PM
"the lord helps those who help themselves"
is nowhere in the bible
 Suibhne
Msg: 182 (view)

Short Men
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:32:31 PM
Its a security and insecurity issue that females have.
 Suibhne
Msg: 93 (view)

Moral Decay...Has It Affected Your Desire To Date?
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:22:17 PM
Its called a free market.

Society degenerates with every generation.
 Suibhne
Msg: 92 (view)

Moral Decay...Has It Affected Your Desire To Date?
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:19:24 PM
I think peoples behaviors will always show through, you just have to be wise enough to discern what is good for your or not, unfortunetly, its obtained through trial and error.

I had always thought Dating was about getting to know someone?
 Suibhne
Msg: 137 (view)

Does their sun sign affect your interest level?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:56:48 PM
I dont know, i'm a taurus male, and it says my ideal match is a capricorn.

I dont put much faith in astrology, and cant see how the movement of the planets and stars can determine my behaviors.
 Suibhne
Msg: 12 (view)

How can i tell this really love?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:54:00 PM
Love isnt a feeling, that comes and goes to whom it may. Love is a choice, you choose to love someone "inspite" of them loving you back, "inspite" of anything. If your love has requirements, its not love at all.
 Suibhne
Msg: 46 (view)

What about the personal ads on Craigslist?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:50:30 PM
When in doubt, dont.

Most are just scammers, as for the legitimacy, well, there is always one in a million.
 Suibhne
Msg: 27 (view)

No physical attraction
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:12 PM
haha You dont want to marry ugly people cuz you'll have ugly children! Stop being superfical
 Suibhne
Msg: 39 (view)

WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:42:04 PM
That depends on how insecure the person is I guess. Since most of society is superficial, often after many trials and errors, people settle down to what feels comfortable for them. As stated earlier, females find taller males more attractive because it gives them a sense of security.

There is this one girl, who is 4'11 wanting guys over 6'. Being crude, I wrote her to inform her that sold buckets, so that she could purchase one in order to stand on to kiss em.

As long as you dont mind breasts poking you in the eye, or resting an elbow on your head, whatever goes for you.

Suibhne
Msg: 26 (view)

I don't like sparks and chemistry.
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:31:55 PM
Its called "Infatuation".
 Suibhne
Msg: 11 (view)

Omens, Spirituality, Law of Attraction?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:30:53 PM
Ive never heard of a laws of attraction. Biological Psychology stipulates that your attracted to those from your childhood, and you look for traits in others from your father/mother.

Feelings come and go, based on your thoughts. Question is, what are you thinking?

If your not married, you can see anyone you want, we are not an islamic country yet, just dont forget your burka.
 Suibhne
Msg: 48 (view)

Ten Commandments of POF
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:24:00 PM
Yes its funny, but it shows how resentful this person is.
 Suibhne
Msg: 10 (view)

Christian dating site?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:16:08 PM
Peoples behaviors very, Christian or not. Everyone has certain levels of maturity. The abiblity to discern behaviors is up to you, the individual. A website is just a tool that people use, that are, well, likeminded. It does not negate the fact that there are not those there who do not share the same beliefs, that is for you to discern.

The sheep know their shepard.
 Suibhne
Msg: 15 (view)

Tear Jerker Movies
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:05:53 PM
I liked they may be giants, well done.
 Suibhne

Any tips for first date?
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:00:45 PM
Hopefully by now, both of you have conversed and shared some interests. Do something that both of you share together, it can be a friendly encounter, avoid the pressure of sex and intimacy, talk, and get to know another, watch anothers behavior, compliment and encourage.
 Suibhne
Msg: 17 (view)

Do you think a man can love someone who is...?
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:56:52 PM
You can love anyone, its a choice. In fact, God commands us, and encourages us to love another.

I think what you are refering to is intimacy, which isnt really love at all, its just an expression of it.

Love gives, it doesnt demand.
 Suibhne
Msg: 28 (view)

Are Russian Women Different?
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:54:36 PM
Depends on the female. While living overseas in Europe, I met many varities of females, each different. I finally came to the conclusion that they want you for what you can do for them, not what they can do for you, which is selfish, and isnt love at all.

Not long ago, many Eastern Block marriages are fixed, many for financial issues. So keep in mind the word "power". He who has the power, has the ability to influence another. Power often refers to money here in the civilized world.
 Suibhne
Msg: 31 (view)

How long does it take to REALLY fall in love?
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:51:00 PM
If you can fall in love, then you can fall out of love, which isnt love at all, its called infatuation. Deal with it.
 Suibhne
Msg: 44 (view)

Whats the best way to approach a woman anywhere.
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:46:29 PM
Be yourself

Chances are, unless your a hunk, she isnt interested until you do something that impresses her. Females need convincing, and later, reassuring. Thats why they write books and make commercials.
 Suibhne
Msg: 19 (view)

Differences in how men and women write their profiles - open discussion
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:40:24 PM
Doesnt matter what you write in your profile, females will first look at you physically to determine if your "their material", which might encourage them to read your profile. Remember, females are feeling oriented, thats why their easily manipulated by skillful males.

Males have a tendancy to boost their ego, or shall I say, a fallen ego. Accomplishments, Activities, Income, anything that can boost their status in society, even lie or exagerate.

Inspite of what females may say, they find this macho behavior attractive, because its what they have determined what "manhood" is about, or at least, try to make you into their father figure.
 Suibhne
Msg: 10 (view)

THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES...
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:33:22 PM
Chapman had written a good book on the topics above. I use them often, in my sermons and counseling.
 Suibhne

What's the rule for dating multiple people?
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:29:20 PM
If your not married, you can date whoever you want, as many times as you want. Dating isnt playing marriage, its about getting to know someone, the more you get to know, the more you'll be able to narrow down what you like and who you like the most.

Suibhne
Msg: 94 (view)

Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:24:57 PM
Females want power, often they find a man who has money for it gives them power, if they have money, they will often look for a male they can control or none at all. Its all about power.

man + money = power
money = power
man + no money = no power
 Suibhne
Msg: 196 (view)

would you date or marry a divorced woman?is another mans trash another mans treasure?
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:14:50 PM
That depends on the conditions of her divorce, if she had problems in the first relationship, often they are unresolved and will continue into the next, such as you are marrying both her and her ex.

You have to take into accountablity her emotional status, her baggage such as children, property, illness, mental stability, and a plethra of other facets....

Dont make a bad decision just because your horny.

Becareful about single women with kids, thier feeling oriented and easily manipulated, you have to be the father figure with them and they'll hate you for it.

What a cycle.
 Suibhne
Msg: 30 (view)

Why are there so many attractive women on POF?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:58:21 PM
Absolutely, then again, there are many females here with higher educationial degree's that still are single and popping out kids, so there isnt much difference, women feel, they dont think.
 Suibhne
Msg: 29 (view)

Why are there so many attractive women on POF?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:53:15 PM
Just because you find them physically attractive, doesnt mean they have any common sense, read their profile, you can learn alot about them by their behaviors, what types of personalities they have or lack of. Remember, their trying to coo you into wanting them, their insecure and have that need to be wanted. Dont reassure the wrong in them, but encourage them to be better people.
 Suibhne
Msg: 36 (view)

The Six Biggest Dating Mistakes Women Make
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:46:55 PM
Why are you trying to pick up guys in a bar or club?

Often you date the impression of the person your with, its hardly ever the real person, but someone they want to be or want you to think they are.

Dating is supposed to be about getting to know another, sharing similar interests, activities etc, not about pressuring them for sex or, insecurities of being wanted.

Before jumping in bed with another, at least, get to know thier name.
 Suibhne
Msg: 24 (view)

Why men suck at detecting if women are interested
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:38:40 PM
If you guys havent learned how to tell if a female is interested in you or not, stop trying. Unless she is infatuated, she'll obviously make it known that you know, otherwise, move on. Many young females like to be chased, its their way of thinking how much your willing to go through for them. Avoid these games and move on.
 Suibhne
Msg: 6 (view)

How does a woman exhibit her romance towards a man?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:30:08 PM
Depends on the female and her maturity.

Often they go out of thier way to do things for you, she may purchase something, or give you some verbal reassurance such as teasing etc...

When this just happens out of the blue, id worry, she's up to something! Beware of manipulation.
 Suibhne
Msg: 58 (view)

Hooker?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:23:06 PM
Not wise, you'll end up paying for something that will last you a lifetime. Just dotn forget, you always pay, some just call it marriage.
 Suibhne
Msg: 35 (view)

What are you looking for? Is romance unrealistic?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:20:22 PM
For myself, I find romance the same as worship.
 Suibhne
Msg: 33 (view)

I need a man's opinion
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:19:06 PM
Dosnt take you women long to bed a male to make them feel attached, and yet you wonder, why males want sex?
 Suibhne
Msg: 51 (view)

Irish Accents - Aye, Ya Love Em
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:47:23 PM
I love a females accent, though i'd prefer a n. Ire, Irish males sound whiny and gay.
 Suibhne
Msg: 67 (view)

Are Irish Women Very Shallow
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:43:41 PM
Its all about their values, morals, and well, common sense. Though I love the accent Irish females have, to find a chrisitan would be harder than a needle in a haystack.
 Suibhne
Msg: 7 (view)

Donegal Town MatchMaking Weekend-- anyone going ???
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:35:55 PM
Wow, they still do town matchmaking? Id be scared they'd pair me up with a women who is more of a man than I was :O hahaha
 Suibhne
Msg: 20 (view)

age difference,,does it matter??
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:46:59 PM
I try the 12 year rule
 Suibhne
Msg: 19 (view)

age difference,,does it matter??
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:42:48 PM
As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in whom she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a hoot what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons.
Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well- coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.
 Suibhne
Msg: 43 (view)

Why is the word relationship scare men away?
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:18:32 PM
Amen, you said a mouthfull there! You left out, feeling obligated and manipulated.
 Suibhne
Msg: 14 (view)

What do you say in a message to get guys to message you back?
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:02:25 PM
There are all types of males, each having their own interests and motivations. Whatever insecurities they have, they will see out someone or something to sustain, replace, or build up, sort of like, compensating for insecurities.

Most males are visual, and seek out what stimulates them visually. Many are momma's boys, seeking someone like thier mother, or someone they can change into thier mother. As males mature (yes, some do), often they pursue those with the same interests, values, morals, etc... as this is what holds people together, not sex or kids.

Finding the right person? Well, you need to first find out what you want, then scrap it, because what you want, is never what you need. That bad boy may initially attract you, or even fulfill some hidden represive motivations within you, and changing him to what you think a man is will either cause him to seek another person, become violent, or become whipped.

Because everyone is self absorbed to some detail, how do selfish people get together? Drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Much of this is based on infatuation, projecting what you think you want unto somone, only to realize later that their not that person you thought. Hopefully, you havent gotten sexually involved, because the emotional bonds created by sex, can really bring out pain when one is rejected.

Rod
 suibhne
Msg: 22 (view)

dateing an older woman.
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:57:16 PM
Yeah, dating today is more about trying to get in anothers britches, to apply pressure to put out, surely, you cant get to know someone, s'pose that is why their "sexually" attraction gets them involved", so many games! I have had "older" women come on to me for sex, im thinking, it must be menapause! I would rather get to know someone than to just run off and sleep with them, alot of females do that to trap a male, hoping her sex is addictive to him, and that he might want her, s'pose thats why females who use sex as a bargining tool, are never wanted other than for sex?
 suibhne
Msg: 7 (view)

I seriously have terrible trouble APPROACHING women.
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:41:49 PM
They're alot of insecure males out there these days, looking for approval from someone else, often a female figure. Most males are momma's boys, and have poor examples of a fathers influence, chances are, he was whipped anyhow. Learn what it takes to be a Man, instead of a male. When I counsel singles, I always advise them to do things that you enjoy doing, that gives you common ground in which to meet someone. Conversation should not center on your privates, moreover; the activity. Females play a variety of games, but if she is interested in you, she'll make it known, otherwise, go out and enjoy life, there is no need in love.
 suibhne
Msg: 3 (view)

Why does 40 and single scare men off?
Posted: 11/26/2008 11:57:42 AM
I have found that highly educated women cant ever seem to find a mate, perhaps because of the college brain set? Most women in the upper age range, carry alot of baggage, from emotional to various personal problems. Having to deal with these mindsets often blocks many pursuits. Of course, the momma's boy man will always seek after sex as a means of a restoration of his fallen ego.
 suibhne
Msg: 65 (view)

What makes a relationship work/last?
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:29:33 PM
im sure lust plays alot in trying to find someone your sexually attracted to, there are alot of females out there that have seen too much traffic anyhow, who wants them, thier either worn out or very bitter. Sex has little to do with love at all.
 suibhne
Msg: 27 (view)

7/24 NOTE NEW DATE!!!! POF Peninsula FREE Speed Dating at Aromas! Newport News
Posted: 7/5/2008 10:11:09 AM
Seems pretty weird though, never really seen something like that. I guess getting to know someone is more based on a few questions like salary, what do you do for fun, why should you date me or I you, etc I've found that dating is just means to put pressure on someone to open up to sexuality, this is a weird way to go about it, though its common. Would like to hear the results of the speed dating process....
 suibhne
Msg: 1353 (view)

Why men don't date strong women...
Posted: 7/5/2008 10:06:46 AM
There are alot of effiminate males out there looking for someone to justify thier manliness, and often look to females who resemble their mothers or someone who are not as secure as they are. There are alot of manly women out there, some even have sex changes, and vice versa
 suibhne
Msg: 14 (view)

Get 2gether~Dinner~Crab Shack on the James River ~July 13th
Posted: 7/5/2008 10:00:18 AM
Not a bad idea, but doubt i'll make it, I will, on the other hand, keep an eye out for you guys.

Show ALL Forums