Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you still consider it Making Love?
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 21 (view)

Would you still consider it Making Love?
Posted: 10/21/2008 2:31:44 PM
I agree that it really doesn't matter what you call it, but it does seem to me that you are looking for a term so that you can specifically ask for it. I agree with the poster that said:

But asking me " do u want 2 make love" would turn me off COLD!
Why ask? Nibble on my neck or massage my inner thighs to let me know......... but don't ASK!

But if you really wanna know if they're up to it or feel like you should ask something, say this: "Do I make you horny babe?" in your best english accent!
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 5 (view)

Have you ever dumped someone after three weeks?
Posted: 9/30/2008 1:46:27 PM
Lol - After a very fun night out with a bunch of my friends, I hooked up with one of them whom I've had a crush on for quite a while. The next morning we decided to start dating, so I dumped the 3 week guy ;)

I never expected that to happen, so I'm sure it blindsided him, but there was no way I was telling 3 week guy what really happened
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 10 (view)

BF suddenly freaked out
Posted: 9/30/2008 1:34:26 PM
I don't mean to sound like an a$$, and I realize I'm not really answering the original post; but where does it say that love only happens after 2 years?

No one can tell someone else what they feel, the OP is obvioulsy heartbroken, so the timeline here shouldn't be the issue. Even if it wasn't someone else's idea of love, sounds like the op was "in love".

Just my $.02.

to the O.P. The easiest way to look at it is that if he didn't feel like you spending any more time with you, then he's not the guy for you. Somethings things need to fall aprt, so that better things can come together.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 29 (view)

forum activity reducing chances of getting dates?
Posted: 8/18/2008 1:19:59 PM
Try making sure you don't start off your posts quoting another post. I made that mistake, so at first glance it looks like that's what I had to say when you view it in my profile.

I'm sure there are at least a couple of them still showing in there like that right now. I don't mind people reading what I had to say. If they "disqualify" me based on that, then it's fine with me. I'm just scared that they might read someone elses's non-sense quote I used and think I said it!
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 27 (view)

Is it ok to ask for your wedding ring back after divorce?
Posted: 8/18/2008 1:15:32 PM
It's hers and that's the end of that, but you can always ask, the worse she can say is no.

I'm assuming my Dad didn't ask for my mom's back, it was a simple gold band. But either way, I'm glad she kept it. She gave it to me a couple Xmas ago, when she saw that I had an old tiny picture of their wedding day in a picture frame in my room. I love wearing it, because I like what it symbolized back then.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 124 (view)

Anyone got back with their EX before??
Posted: 8/15/2008 7:54:48 AM
There's a book called: It's called a break-up because it's broken. I'm not telling you to read it. I just like the title - pretty self-explanatory IMO

There's a reason you all broke up in the first place, most likely it won't work out again.

M.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 79 (view)

YOU'RE JUST GOING AFTER THE PRETTY ONES
Posted: 8/14/2008 4:12:08 PM

it is funny the stories a few of my lady friends have told me about how they met a guy in a party and found him cute, dance with him, kissed him. That is nice!!

and yet i wonder! how was that possible?

that has never happened to me.

Ok, so you told me it's not about your profile, but going back to what you said about your appearance on there: Do you think they maybe you also act in the way where you don't think you'd have a chance so you just don't try. You probably are "people person" as you said which everyone is friends with and all, but do you think that maybe you put yourself down during those interactions as well?
I have a friend who does that all the time. She's super outgoing, but she's always putting herself down. She's brining out things that other people might have not even felt or observed, but she brings it to light. Heck, I got tired of her low self -esteem because I felt like I always had to say something to make her feel better about herself on something I didn't even think was wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, you could be doing the same in your real life interactions. Please don't taake offense. I'm just trying to help.

M.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 36 (view)

Do abusers end up alone?
Posted: 8/14/2008 3:37:04 PM

I left after the first hit, and I am still afraid all of these years later. No one cares.
So unless you have been through this nightmare, please don`t make all these haughty judgements. You don`t know.

I walked away after the first shove, because I wasn't going to become a victim. I believe what wowsad is refering to is the people that will stay and let the abuse continue over and over. You left and while you are still scared, you took a step and did your part so that the vicious cycle wouldn't continue.

The same way it takes 2 to tango, if you stay in that situation where 2 consentilg adults are in a relationship and one keeps repeateadly abusing and the other ones keeps repeateadly taking the abuse, IMHO both of them are responsible to a certain degree.

Againa, that's just my opinion. I do believe you did the right thing by removing yourself from that situation.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 32 (view)

Do abusers end up alone?
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:23:15 PM

If abusers were
thrown into jail on the first offense, instead of the victim covering up for them all the time, they might think about stopping.

Desert-wilflower ---> In the same paragraph where you compared abuse to innocent people in war countries, who really can't change it, to an adult who can quit a relationship, you ended with the sentence above. That sentence right there shows that there is some responsibility on the victim's side as well. By remaining in an abusive relationship and covering it up, you are enabling that situation to continue.

- Screw with me once, shame on you. Do it twice, shame on me!

Wowsad might have a very extreme view, but I have to agree with a lot of what he said. I do not agree with the cell phone thing as a lot of women have left the situation but could be stalked by thier old abuser.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 70 (view)

YOU'RE JUST GOING AFTER THE PRETTY ONES
Posted: 8/14/2008 1:02:22 PM
I can tell you this much: Listing on your profile that you are average or below average in looks and putting a p.s. that you are NOT cute as a button is probably not helping your case.

There's lots of people attracted to lots of different looks, but I don't know a lot of people interested in people who put themselves down constanlty.

Just some food for thought...

M.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 7 (view)

How long do you wait to avoid being a one-night stand?
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:56:29 AM
oops, that didn't come out right so don't throw stones!
I meant I agreed with what he said, but that last comment was the "jerk" part of the uptightjerk coming out...
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 6 (view)

How long do you wait to avoid being a one-night stand?
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:54:27 AM
I agree with uptipghtjerk even though he was kind of a jerk about it () with this comment:
then maybe you deserve to be humped and dumped until you mature a bit.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 29 (view)

first date dinner: siting in front or next to each other?
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:50:34 AM

If I ever find a restaurant with a 8 sided table, i'll try the 45 thing

lol - I think he had a round table in mind...

I agree, across on the booth/table and side by side if sitting at the bar. 90 degree if a square table and 45 degree at the round. There - all my basis are covered!

M.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 76 (view)

Should you put if you have a disability on your profile or wait?
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:54:19 AM

Disabilites should only need to be put in profiles in they will affect the date

I'd say the above is the best approach! Kudos to the OP for being honest.

I danced with a deaf guy all night, but when it was time to talk he picked a stack of napkins so we could have a conversation. I went along for that night. But there's no way it would work out. I talk too much and he couldn't read lips or really talk.

The scenario above is not about the honesty is just to show why one might want to know ahead of time. If he was on POF i would've liked to know before hand to save both of us time as I can't sign.

On the other hand, I had a great conversation with a guy who was reading my lips at the beach and I had no idea until he told me. In that case I say it wouldn't affect the date, so you can share on your own time.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 3 (view)

Broken hearts
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:15:09 AM
I don't think she was lying. She might have meant those things when she said them. The catch is you need to be able to evaluate your relationships. Thinking that it will be forever because she promissed you that is unrealistic.

If you broke uo and got back together a few times and she would disappear from time to time, those are warning signs that it might not. I understand it hurts ( ), but you just have to think that if you feel betrayed in any way shape or form, then that wasn't the best person for you.

Thank her for freeing up your future! She is allowing you the opportunity to use those pretty blue eyes of yours to look into the right person's eye one day and be happy again!

p.s. you're cute. wish you were in Florida!
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 4 (view)

Any Amaretto or Coconut Rum mixed drinks that are new and different?
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:05:05 AM
Here's a web page for Malibu drinks! I've tried a bunch of them and you can't ever seem to go wrong with Malibu coconut rum. I've tried some with cruzan too and they turn out pretty good as well!

http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/m/malibu-rum-659.html
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 22 (view)

another one bites the dust.......
Posted: 8/13/2008 10:51:57 AM
Also, did her profile say LTR? If it said anything else, you're fault for responding to her, if it did than she probably just wasn't that into you and didn't know how else to tell you.

I guess I've out in my $.08 at this point
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2008 10:48:57 AM
Did you consider that she might have read the profile, been interested in you, met you and all, but realized at some point that she no longer felt that way, even if it was after 1 date or 1 month?
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 14 (view)

Indicators of status - how much difference does it make?
Posted: 8/13/2008 8:38:39 AM

To a certain extent, your status is acknowledged by how others treat you.

Something I've learned from personal experience is that you teach people how to treat you. If you fit the description of all the interactions described above: with your friends, peers and family it's most likely because of your personality and they way you carry yourself.

IMO you would make a good enough impression on your first few meetings alone. Also, by the time he gets to meet "the peeps", it would just reinforce why he decided to go on more than one date with you.

M.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 8 (view)

its now been 6 months,still cant forget this
Posted: 8/13/2008 8:31:00 AM

OP, you are almost 40 years old!

I hadn't even read her profile. Judging by the story and the punctuation I assumed I was reading a post from a 20 year old girl dealing with a 20 year old boy...tsc, tsc, tsc.

He's in Africa. You've never even seen him right? Don't put a bad name on real LDR where people actually know each other, and have a real connection (like in flesh and blood).

And remember: Some things need to fall apart in order for other things to come together!

M.
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2008 7:55:50 AM

QFT

what does QFT mean?
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2008 7:49:13 AM
Bottom line: She decided you're not what she's looking for, not for a booty call, or for a LTR relationship. She used the one thing she figured you wouldn't argue with her about since it's what you state you want, to let you down easy.

If she was into you, but wanted to take things slower, she would've told you so. She was nice because whatever the real reason is, she didn't want you to feel put down, so she made it her issue isntead.

Be nice. Accept that she didn't lead you on and she used some tact while doing in it. Saying she's lose-legged because she said NO to you, is not such a nice thing to read by anyone else who might have been interested in you. They might dismiss you after reading your post...
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 25 (view)

Main Profile Photos
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:24:20 PM
yay! I'm no longer squushed in the little square! =)
 made_n_brazil
Msg: 24 (view)

Main Profile Photos
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:17:44 PM
I just realized after reading this that my protrait-format picture (which I liked a lot!) might not have turned out clear in the little square from the recent profile views...low and behold - it's all blurry. Maybe some people just don't realize it. I didn't...

I like the one i had up so far (borwn and yellow dress) but will change it in a minute to one that will "sqush" better in the square format. Let me go do it!

Show ALL Forums